Your human char's name

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

My Necro is named for her twisted ancestor of 250yrs ago….Babies On Spikes. I said she was twisted.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: aikiakane.1058

aikiakane.1058

Of my eight characters, I have three human characters. I know, I’m an alt-oholic.

My very first human was my Mesmer, a pretty girl named Saravati. This is a Sanskrit-derived name related to the goddess Saraswati, which means “she who flows/who has flow”. I was going for an Elonian feel to my character’s background, and hopefully I’ve achieved it.

My second is my Warrior, Cyra Saoirse. Cyra is Persian, and can mean either ‘bright/light’ or ‘throne’. Saoirse, on the other hand, is Gaelic and means ‘freedom/liberty’. She is named after the main female character in a series of short stories I am writing.

Last, but not least, I have my Thief, Levi Halleck. Originally, he was going to be Sylvari but I just couldn’t think of a good name. Levi is one I’ve always loved, and the surname Halleck is borrowed from Frank Herbert’s Dune series.

GATE OF MADNESS
Rule of Wrist [Row] — Order of the Bee [BEES]

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: BetaWar.7903

BetaWar.7903

Priestess of Lyssa, it just made sense for a female mesmer.

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: ChillyChinaman.6057

ChillyChinaman.6057

On the internet I usually go by Chilly Chinaman
So, I rolled as Chilly Canthan….

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: Brianthas.7213

Brianthas.7213

Brianthas Innoculi – I character name I made up when I used to play in MUD’s.

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Melissandre Du Ri, female Mesmer. She is the great-granddaughter of two of my GW1 characters (a male Ascalonian Warrior and a female Canthan Assassin) who settled down in Lion’s Arch after their adventures were over. She still belongs to her great-grandfather’s ancestral Ascalon family (House Ri) who founded a new noble house in Kryta as a reward for their part in helping place Queen Salma on the throne. Despite her heritage, she regards Kryta as her home and feels little kinship to her ancestral homelands.

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: canephalanx.6104

canephalanx.6104

My thief’s name is Szeth Shadowdancer. Szeth comes from the assassin in Way of the Kings (pretty good fantasy novel) and Shadowdancer is something I came up on my own and sounds really good IMO.

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: zogrim.6925

zogrim.6925

Male Ascalonian elementalist noble who inherited his name from his predecessor Ascalonian hero elementalist, Trinil Seraph Frail. I came up with the name Trinil Frail for my D&D paladin. I added Seraph as a middle name, to emphasize on him being an elementalist (seraph means “burning ones” – that’s cool for fire ele, also magic is the gift of gods, so a “heavenly” being must be adept at it – at least in my mind).

Female Canthan thief street-rat who inherited her name from her predecessor Canthan heroine assassin, Shimada Ichiro. I was looking for assassin names in Japanese history and found http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shimada_Ichiro.

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: LupusAlatus.6421

LupusAlatus.6421

My humans name is Luana Alatus. Translated into English it means- Winged Female Warrior. Just seemed epic.

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: imbalancedhero.3968

imbalancedhero.3968

i named my ranger kennie Mccormick in reference to the character from the Southpark comedy series.

For those that dont watch it kenny is a character that dies in almost every episode but comes back in the next episode with everyone else in the movie forgetting that he has died. I thought it would be funny naming my character this as it reflects his ability to “respawn” every time after dying :P

The spelling was made like that on purpose because Kenny Mccormick was already taken

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: Taurethion.7302

Taurethion.7302

My male human noble warrior is Morenin, and will be Morenin Entalle if the ability to alter names ever becomes available (I didn’t realize when I made him you chose last names at creation). IC his parents are from Ebonhawke, so Ascalon, with some Elonan refugee thrown in a couple generations back (hence his dark skin), so I figure his names started out recognizable and got altered as generations passed. OOC I’ve been carrying around some version of the name into four games now, usually with him as a half elf. The surname means absolutely nothing, but Morenin is mor + onnen from Tolkein’s Sindarin, meaning approximately born of darkness. It may mean something in Spanish, I’ve gotten a number of tells over the years asking if I’m a native Spanish speaker!

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: neko.9327

neko.9327

Judith O Hara (my lastname is Nohara) Female Guardian

The only original last name that i could come out with.

Crystal Desert
Judith O Hara [Guardian] LvL 80
Adelaide O Hara [ Warrior] In Progress

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: Shardain.6947

Shardain.6947

My thief is Luis Forthwind, I felt Luis was rather fitting to his appearance. His last name however is just one of those typical generic fantasy rp character names. Just making a joke on generic rp character naming conventions because I was too lazy to come up with a legitimate last name.

My warrior is Ascalonian Fighter, because why would I name my warrior Ascalonian Mage? Actually, why didn’t I do that?

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: Lord Rhett.9360

Lord Rhett.9360

Dallas Kayden here. I chose it because the Elvish versions of both names (Saeldur and Idhrenohtar, respectively) were already taken, and they didn’t sound very good together. It literally means “Wise, wise fighter”. Not very creative, but hey, it sounds good.

My Little Dolyak: Supply is Magic

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: Teddydidapoo.6352

Teddydidapoo.6352

Slashing nightmare, slashing cause he slashes, nightmare cause hes a nightmare among zergs. Fits nicely with my human thief

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: kesuh.3891

kesuh.3891

My Ranger walks the earth again in gw2 ^.^
Saga Sorel, that name has stuck to me since 2005 in gw1
All my others also end on Sorel, don’t ask why, I don’t know why i came up with the surname Sorel
If you play on Far shiverpeaks.. look for a ranger that use Humiliation dye near the dragons xD

[keen] Far Shiverpeaks Eu-server
Sorel→~Saga/Ranger~Shadow/Guardian~Balthazor/Warrior

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: TomK.4381

TomK.4381

My Ranger’s name is Kyle Hanlon.

Hanlon after Chief Hanlon, the veteran leader of the NCR Rangers in Fallout: New Vegas, who was one of my favorite characters in that game (voiced by Kris Kristofferson), and Kyle because it is the name of some awesome chrs in movies and games — Kyle Reese (Terminator), Kyle Vlaros (Blackthorne), Kyle Katarn (Dark Forces, Jedi Knight, Jedi Knight II).

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: Creed.3258

Creed.3258

Sir Alex Von Lican— a Guardian who embraced darkness to protect the light.

Just because I don’t care doesn’t mean that I don’t understand.

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: Facade.5437

Facade.5437

Lorcan Kelevra

Lorcan – I think means “Fierce” in another language (Just so happens to be the name of one of the Human NPC’s in the Mad King’s Clock Tower aswell)

Kelevra – From “Lucky Number Slevin” which is one of my favorite movies.

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

update: my human necro was Babies On Spikes. However, after having that name throughout all of GW and for over 30 levels in GW2, I was forced to change it by the moderators.

Henceforth, she is known as Seras Soulreaper.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: Slay For Bank.5462

Slay For Bank.5462

Ægidius de Hammo is my human warrior’s name, which is short for Ægidius Ahenobarbus Julius Agricola de Hammo. There are those who know where the name came from…

Haven Community [HC]

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: Hurter.9186

Hurter.9186

My two human characters are named Gareth Barbdagger, I believe Gareth means gentle which is very ironic as he is a thief.

My other one is Anminmar, who I’ve used many times on previous MMO’s
there isn’t a meaning, but people seem to think saying it is a bit like swallowing a jar of peanut butter, especially if you add the joke last name of Marni… say it five times quick-smart

[Edited by moderator due to caps]

(edited by Moderator)

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Can’t be worse than a “Samuel Ele Jackson” I saw the other day.

And yes, he had the afro. Of COURSE he did. XD

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.9620

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.9620

Single Mom

Teen mom abandoned by bf at 15. Mother of twins. Cooking in Lion´s Arch for a living.

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: LamanKnight.3650

LamanKnight.3650

My Thief is named Sovay; based on a traditional English folk song about a young woman who dresses and arms herself as a highwayman in order to test her suitor. In disguise she robs her suitor of nearly all his possessions, but even under threat of death he refuses to give up the gold ring given by Sovay, thus proving his devotion. Sovay subsequently confesses the ruse to her lover and returns his various possessions, admonishing him only that had he indeed given up the ring, she would have killed him.

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: Treakin.1723

Treakin.1723

Treakin Mephaestus, Gaurdian

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: Nex.2450

Nex.2450

Dante Auditore

Inspiration came from two of the coolest characters in games. Dante is from the Devil May Cry series, and Auditore is from Ezio Auditore from Assassin’s Creed. My character’s appearance is modeled after Dante’s, and the popped collar on his coat while dual wielding pistols makes him look incredibly alike to Dante. And yes, my character is a thief.

Dante Auditore – Maguuma
[SWäG] – Still Winning and Grinning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NCfDCOPGnc

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: BunnytheSwordsman.4173

BunnytheSwordsman.4173

Well, there’s Basil Wilding and Haruna Splint. It’s more or less mainly my headcanon for them that I do. Basil’s orphan backstory in his PS is actually for my brother’s character (Jackson Wilding). But the story is basically this:

In GW1 I had three mains: Ein Ridley (Elementalist), Celia Ridley (Mesmer), and Boutan Splint (Ranger).

Obviously Haruna’s the descendant of Boutan, but she’s a thief as opposed to ranger. As for Basil, he’s a direct descendent of my Mesmer (making my first ever character his great-great uncle, pretty much).

Jackson, my younger brother’s character is the orphaned descendant of his old warrior from GW1. It’d make sense the surname (Adiea Ahai was my brother’s character) did not survive for both our characters in one way or another. Now, as for what I really think their personal story is… I like to think that the families of my old characters somehow wound up intetwined again—especially my brother’s character and my thief’s family.

Basil was never good with magic, but has a thing for gardening. The Splint family is a noble house of Divinity’s Reach, which employed him to tend to their garden. He knows of stories about his ancestors. After the Searing occurred, Celia was separated from Ein (her older brother) until the events of Nightfall, when Ein and Boutan were enlisted into the Sunspears.

The Splints are Canthan by origin, but at the same time Emperor Usoku was beginning to be more isolationist in foreign policy—I am assuming there was a brief window native Canthans could return— Boutan was on his deathbed at the ripe age of 103. His legacy is carried on by the family by mounting his old flatbow on the wall of their home to remind them of their lineage. Of all my characters, Boutan was the most complete (I got hacked, so I wound up not getting any HoF titles). He completed Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall and EotN, but in my head I had different stories for him as opposed to the main one.

The White Mantle for one reason or another decided to attack the Splint estate by burning it to the ground. Haruna and the Wilding brothers fight off the Mantle and report it to the Seraph, who then turn it over to the Shining Blade. Haruna’s only theory is that Boutan may or may not have been a Chosen from her family stories(the descendents don’t know their families have a long history together too).

Without a home, Haruna sets out on a quest of vengence—her twin sister having been killed in the attack. Basil goes with her as a companion, but then ends up joining the Vigil to help in the campaign against Zhaitan. Later, Haruna joines the Order of Whispers based off the fact her ancestor had a few run ins with them during his time in Elona. When the Pact is formed, she personally requests to join any squad with Basil and his brother in it and the trio is reunited.

If the White Mantle and Mursaat are expanded on, the story will continue. XD For now, they are on “vacation” traveling around, when a newly awakened Sylvari approaches Basil and tells him that she saw him in her dream and that he’d help her find out what her Wyld Hunt is—she has one, but the interpretation said Basil had the answers.

…also, heavy shipping of Basil and Haruna, because they look adorable together.

(edited by BunnytheSwordsman.4173)

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: Khyron.8735

Khyron.8735

Mixed heritage Mesmer by the name of Amaryllis Lucent. Or at least that’s what she tells people her name is…

Ad majorem gloriam! Ad infinitum!

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: AdventurerSmithy.3456

AdventurerSmithy.3456

5 / 10. I like the concept, but I’m not a fan of frilly names, to be honest.

My thief’s name is Saict Grey, in relation to a shade of grey, meaning he exists not as a lamb, nor a lion. Also, I thought it fit well in the whole mix of things.

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: Morpholomew.8357

Morpholomew.8357

My ranger is called Jyhmes Attrap. I wanted to base him slightly off an older character I had named Jim, but decided to fancy it up a bit. The last name comes from a different character I played in a Star Wars tabletop game, named Pylon A’traps.

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: myng.3516

myng.3516

Lavaerna. Nothing special, just tried to enter random names and hoping something clicked.

My next options were going to be:
Lavyrna
Laverna Hymn

Overpaid, Underplayed

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

Elementalist named Einsteintenius.

Albert Einstein + instantaneous. Whaaalaaa

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: Ivienn.6354

Ivienn.6354

Ivien is my char’s name. It’s name I generally use online and it’s created from my real name Ivana. For name to be properly read in English it would be spelled Evien.

In game I’m a noble with dead parents. If I could choose I would make my char be from old noble family like some from Northern Europe. She is an elementalist destined for greatness.

Nothing is ever easy

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: KngGilgamesh.3481

KngGilgamesh.3481

My human ranger is called Azraeel Seraph. My first character and first time playing GW, I had no idea that the human military personnel were called Seraph (pretty cool though), I was very surprised.
Oh and Azraeel is the Angel of Death(ranger hasn’t reached that level yet alas)
and Seraphim are the highest order of angels (Angel>Archangel>Rulers>Powers>Virtues>Dominions>Oraphanim (thrones)>Cherubin>Seraphim)…

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: Alurazle.5430

Alurazle.5430

My guardian’s name is Alurazlle.
Reason: I really like the name Alura (and its like my default name in mmos.) She is also born a noble so its a worthy name.

Dragonbrand4life

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

Guild Wars 1 – started career with Ranger – Penelope Mayflower

250 years later…

Guild Wars 2 – started career with Ele – Elosina Mayflower

nice way to continue my Ranger’s “legacy”. my first characters always get the best treatment

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Nicky Silverstar.

Of course, her real name is Canthan but since her family now lives in Kryta, she choose to use a translation of her actual name.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: addisonstone.2570

addisonstone.2570

Harlan Black.
He’s my swashbuckling ranger.

I didn’t see the light until I was already a man. By then, it was nothing to me but blinding!

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: tuck.2719

tuck.2719

Shinkittenraunia.

Shinki is just my constant handle and Keraunia is a word from folklore that means “An Axe that fell from the sky in a bolt of lightning”

Odd that the name gets censored like that.

Shinkittenraunia

Not that odd. Their censoring code is a little heavy-handed, or the folks writing it have never heard of doing a match on word break. In a case like this, it really makes the word stand out, since you have to notice what it is they’re censoring.

The game wouldn’t let me use my chosen name of “Nianalind” , since it “does not conform to the terms of service.” Thanks. I never would’ve noticed that in there if you hadn’t pointed it out, nor would anyone else I imagine.

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: SLOTH.5231

SLOTH.5231

Necro name is S L O T H
My necro in GW1 has the same name.

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: bman.1683

bman.1683

update: my human necro was Babies On Spikes. However, after having that name throughout all of GW and for over 30 levels in GW2, I was forced to change it by the moderators.

Henceforth, she is known as Seras Soulreaper.

Babies on spikes was an elegant name.

My characters name is suspicious fred. Cos he’s suspicious.

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: Aoshi.4785

Aoshi.4785

Khilly, after Killy from the manga Blame! and because “Killy” had been taken already. Plus it just sounds pretty mean, imho.

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: faustus.8493

faustus.8493

My first and only human character was a male Noble (this is important) Necromancer. His name was Kurtz (my great grandfather’s first name. ) Bathory. Yes that Bathroy.

What do I mean by “that Bathroy” See, I am a European History nerd (not slamming anyone but me). One of my favorite stories of 16-17th century Europe was the story of Elizabeth Bathroy. Who the heck is she ,you might ask? She was one of the first known serial killers in history. She was accused of killing 650 girls.
So I gave my necromancer the last name of a noblewoman who killed people.

“Why yes, I am that kind of Mesmer.”
~Aric Landvick
~Level 80 Norn Mesmer

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

Anna Tatiana

Human Noble; Mesmer

Her ancestor was Canthan back in GW1 era…I guess she married a Krytan and moved because Anna is blonde with blue eyes :P

(edited by Shanna.4762)

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Sigil Fane, male commoner Necromancer. No lore interpretation, just a name I’ve used in other games [video games/MUDs/etc] over the years. Usually some form of “Undead,” thus his GW2 class.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: Lunastra.1098

Lunastra.1098

Out of my six characters, two are human, both females with very different backgrounds.
Ann Blair – Human Elementalist, grown in the streets, regretting never joining the circus. She’s named after a character in a story I wrote long, long ago. The name means “Grace Field”.
Moira Sheeny – ANOTHER Human Elementalist, a noble, regretting never finding her true parents. Just because I liked the name (I don’t know what “Sheeny” means, but I think Moira meant something like “faith”, “destiny” or “doom”? If anyone knows what they mean, I’d appreciate being told ! ^^)

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: Ralistu.1965

Ralistu.1965

I use Shonek Alcazia (last name is based off of Alcazia Tangle, zone in gw1) on my human
Olaf Sifhalla on my norn (gw1 players should be able to get both references)
Ikotag on my charr (couldn’t come up with a decent last name, and now that he’s in the 40’s, he’s not getting one lol)
Ralistu on my asura (no last name needed with that race)
iiri ventari on my sylvari (iiri being a play on eerie and ventari being gw1 again).

Ikotag, Ralistu and Shonek have been names used for years and years in gaming by me =)

The Tyrians (TT) – Darkhaven (U.S.)
Ralistu (Mesmer)/Ikotag (Thief)/Shonek Alcazia (Ele)

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: Avatar Rage.4369

My Human Necro is named after his great great grand-pappy Malaketh Dracul, who defeated an undead Lich, saved Canatha, defeated a fallen God, etc, etc, you know the shtick.

As for the name, well I thought of the first name a while back when making a my first character in Morrowind and carried the name on to GW1. As for his surname well that came from me relating the necromancer class with death, then undeath and finally Dracula (Dracul).

Funny fact though Dracul means Dragon, which is an awesome coincidence for this game :P

Your human char's name

in Human

Posted by: Garrick Witchblade.7964

Garrick Witchblade.7964

Theobold Ravenwind:

The Ravenwinds have been in Tyria for over 3 centuries, Theobold is the current youngest of the line at 29. Already a Lieutenant of the Seraph, he is not too sure if he will ever find time to settle down to continue the Ravenwind line.

Theobold Ravenwind: Lieutenant of the Seraph
Malkolm Ravenwind: Hunter/Traveler