Aug 6th LS: Queen's Jubilee

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/august-06-2013/

“Account Wallet for Currency” Oh I’m so happy.

And this “Improved Effects Level of Detail System” oh yay!

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Parlourbeatflex.5970

Parlourbeatflex.5970

Patch preview is up in the releases section. Impressed by the wallet, effects detail system and loot/reward updates. Perma finishers is quite cool as well.

Now im wondering whether the arena will be temp or perm content – if this evolves into a pvp arena for 1vs1s and 2vs2s then kitten … that would make me SO happy.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

Is that a halberd I see there?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Harlekin.2981

Harlekin.2981

Right now this feels to me like the greatest addition since release…

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Frog.8217

Frog.8217

no more farming CoF?

Kalevala – Far Shiver Peaks

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kuess.1842

Kuess.1842

Obviously false information. There’s no way such an event will happen in Divinity. If it does, the patch will have to move entire Divinitys Reach to Lions Arch, then have the event in Divinitys Reach in Lions Arch.

Lions Arch is the only city that exist in Tyria which can change, everybody knows that.

So having huge zeppelins arrive to all cities wasn’t the cities changing?
Anyway, a week ago it was already known the next event was going to be in DR.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Parlourbeatflex.5970

Parlourbeatflex.5970

no more farming CoF?

Can you imagine a world in which players didnt?

Im struggling to even with the new rewards.
Guess this might be the groundwork for dungeons being revisited and sorted out though.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Next week, GW2 will certainly become a better game.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Right now this feels to me like the greatest addition since release…

Well all of it sounds pretty ff-ing great. Pardon my French.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

This sounds awesome

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kimhyuna.1035

Kimhyuna.1035

no more farming CoF?

The farmers will find some thing new soon … (I could see CoF1-2, CoE 1-3, CM 1-3, AC1-3 speed run parties now)

Minion

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

no more farming CoF?

The farmers will find some thing new soon … (I could see CoF1-2, CoE 1-3, CM 1-3, AC1-3 speed run parties now)

Don’t forget about HOTW P1, SE P1,P3, TA U,FF

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Frog.8217

Frog.8217

no more farming CoF?

more token diversity 8D

Kalevala – Far Shiver Peaks

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Circling Skies.1872

Circling Skies.1872

I love all the new content and changes every 2 weeks…BUT slooooooow down on the new skins! I barely have time to enjoy, say, the Zeinth skins and I already have new ones to get and covet . Space the skins out a bit more or make them craftable so I don’t have to feel rushed to get them.

Also, stop adding new crafting material and add more recipes for crafting new skins instead of having to turn in scraps and tickets and whatnot.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

I just hope we can adjust the Particle LOD system, and not have some random automated system that works as fantastic as culling does.

Wallet looks nice. Otherwise, pretty deflated expectations again, same old stuff, different skins, different town, minigames. Bleah.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Queen Jennah is a babe. I hope they have more loose fitting ‘peek a boo’ dresses for her to wear in the next installment of the story.

Second this. Let’s just hope Logan’s not watching the forums.

It just hit me…

“I’m Logan Thackeray, and I’m running away!”

Logan’s Run

Bravo

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Account wallet is good.
Champion loot is…good. I guess high level crafting material is good.
Improving visuals during graphic-intense fights is good

But this seems like more mini games, more achievements to be had, more minigames, and more minigames.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

in Queen's Jubilee

aspirine.6852

Account wallet is good.

But this seems like more mini games, more achievements to be had, more minigames, and more minigames.

Well the champ loot is more than good. And what’s wrong with mini games. It sounds like pvp users will get some love in this patch too.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

My only complaint is that a 10 year celebration is not a “Jubilee”. That term specifically refers to a 50 year celebration of some kind.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Queen's Jubilee

cesmode.4257

Account wallet is good.

Well the champ loot is more than good. And what’s wrong with mini games. It sounds like pvp users will get some love in this patch too.

The problem with minigames is that they have added more mini games to GW2 than actual content. More mini games than lore-driven content. New complete zones full of DEs and lore. Southsun’s initial launch was crap. After the May event, it is crap again. I wouldnt even count that because they have failed twice. Its empty now.

Yet we recieve more and more minigames that have 0 impact on the game world.
If I wanted to play mini games, Id play stupid things on Facebook, or on my Galaxy S3.

I want content that is relevant to an MMO, not something I can find on facebook.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

I would like to know just how much time has passed since the Dragon Bash.

Because we’re getting quite a few parties.

in Queen's Jubilee

aspirine.6852

Account wallet is good.

The problem with minigames is that they have added more mini games to GW2 than actual content. More mini games than lore-driven content. New complete zones full of DEs and lore. Southsun’s initial launch was crap. After the May event, it is crap again. I wouldnt even count that because they have failed twice. Its empty now.

If I wanted to play mini games, Id play stupid things on Facebook, or on my Galaxy S3.

I want content that is relevant to an MMO, not something I can find on facebook.

Well agreed with the lore and more content. But the last couple of mini game additions and the last patch with sanctum and everything had some background story and it was for me pretty much the best addition to the game for now.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I’m curious if the wallet is like the collectibles tab (which means a cap of 250 for each token), or another bank tab. Either way its not giving us that much more room, unless the up the stack limit from 250.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Queen's Jubilee

cesmode.4257

Account wallet is good.

Well agreed with the lore and more content. But the last couple of mini game additions and the last patch with sanctum and everything had some background story and it was for me pretty much the best addition to the game for now.

Oh Ill admit some of the games are fun. Aspect arena…
But seriously. Does every patch need more mini games?
How many mini games are there in this game / were temporarily added to this game?

1. Keg Brawl
2. Belchers whateveritscalled
3. Moa Races
4. Haloween capture the flag event
5. Southsun Survival
6. Aspect Arena
7. Crab toss
8. Wintersday piano event
9. I wasnt around for SAB but there had to be at least one…

Look at that list. Im probably missing a few, but theres almost as many mini games added to the game at some point than there are actual dungeons. Out of the 8 or 9 on that list, how many are still in the game? Half?

You can see my point, and arenanet is working on it…I understand that. But even if they keep pumping the game full of PERMA mini-games.. seriously? If all they focus on are mini games, why go through painstaking efforts of character customization, leveling, gearing…who cares. Mini games are becoming the sole focus on content up dates. Its getting rediculous.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: DragonWhimsy.6489

DragonWhimsy.6489

The new mini-game rotation they’re adding in the next patch means the mini-games are a permanent addition to the game now.

in Queen's Jubilee

aspirine.6852

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/colin-johanson-talks-dungeons-dragons-and-chairs

There is some mentioning of the things you seek in that interview. It’s pretty long though. Seems like they too want the livnig story affect the “world”.

Interviewer:
“Are we going to see more serious stories?”

From Colin:
""Yeah, I think we will. And maybe, maybe not just in tone but also in terms of scope, grandeur and what it really means for the world. I think we want to have our living world content feel like it really is a bigger part of a changing world."

*fingers crossed.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Great, I’m gonna pay my respect to the queen by offering her a pair of shoes and a foot lotion.

After almost one year of barefoot wandering I guess it will be greatly welcomed.

If barefoot was good enough for Zola Budd, its good enough for anyone!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Tbh I wouldn’t classify the gladiatorial arena and queen’s gauntlet as minigames, from what we know right now. You seem to retain your skills, and will probably be able to go in a party of 5 in at least one of them.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Hebee.8460

Hebee.8460

In that post for this next content, it mentions “Watchwork Portal Device, allowing you to create a personal portal” does this mean:

1. Its like a Mesmer portal?
2. Only you can use it?
3. Others can use it?
4. “Personal” only means its bound to character?

I would love to have portal on my engineer, considering its all I play. Even though I try playing my Mesmer only for friends who have difficulty with JP’s. It would eliminate the need to switch character!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Greyalis.2309

Greyalis.2309

is that the sovereign sword skin in picture? looks mesmerific

Self Is The Emblem All

in Queen's Jubilee

aspirine.6852

In that post for this next content, it mentions “Watchwork Portal Device, allowing you to create a personal portal” does this mean:

2. Only you can use it?
3. Others can use it?

I would love to have portal on my engineer, considering its all I play. Even though I try playing my Mesmer only for friends who have difficulty with JP’s. It would eliminate the need to switch character!

The info doesnt say, but it looks like a personal portal to town.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Hebee.8460

Hebee.8460

The info doesnt say, but it looks like a personal portal to town.

Crap, I didn’t think about it like that

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Campalishous.9076

Campalishous.9076

You have a VERY broad opinion on what is a mini-game if you think any of that listed could be considered one. ANet certainly doesn’t consider any of that mini-games since one of the devs working on the August content said “no instanced mini-games, no jumping puzzles for August”.

Both things sound more like the Candidate trials which is a far cry from a mini-game, IMO.

[DIS] Campa Lishous

(edited by Campalishous.9076)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

2. Only you can use it?
3. Others can use it?

Also, is it a one time use item? An infinite use item? How much whatever is it going to require to craft it (ie. how many day gated things we going to have to collect)?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Queen's Jubilee

cesmode.4257

You have a VERY broad opinion on what is a mini-game if you think any of that listed could be considered one. ANet certainly doesn’t consider any of that mini-games since one of the devs working on the August content said “no instanced mini-games, no jumping puzzles for August”.

Both things sound more like the Candidate trials which is a far cry from a mini-game, IMO.

A minigame can be open world or instanced. I think the devs announce these games under titles such as “New Mini-game!!” when they post new blogs.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I really hope the portal device is not a port to towns. Having it released as temporary content is a big slap in the face to those who miss it.

WP to towns should be free in the first place.