Birthday protest for Fall of Abaddon

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Falkor.7932

Falkor.7932

I’m sorry but, bringing Evon minis and Evon buttons makes this about Evon losing, not about Abaddon, if you want it to be about the fractal, make sure you are sending that message, not that you are kitten about how people voted.

“One time! I slightly blew some of us up one time, and you won’t let it go.”
- Explorer Bekk

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: The Spiral King.2483

The Spiral King.2483

Good luck with that. I’m sure it will work out better than those guys who protested trying to get the Mursaat into EotN, and then got massacred.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Darkbattlemage.9612

Darkbattlemage.9612

Note to ANET:
NO more political themed events.
It just brings out the absurdity and stupidity in the community.

That part of the community will still find a way to make things political.

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.
Chaos always finds a way, who you think Evil learned it from?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

The “Keelhaul the fractalstealer [Kiel]” guild along with others will make a public demonstration on the Desolation server for the adding the Fall of Abaddon fractal at some point.

Places: LA marketplace and Divinity’s reach Crown Pavillion.

Req: Evon badges and enthusiasm, also a torch + a fiery dragon sword, if possible, as a symbol of light in the dark age of Kiel’s councillorship.

Date: 28th of August.

you should mention a specific server so all protesters can concentrate

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

I’m sorry but, bringing Evon minis and Evon buttons makes this about Evon losing, not about Abaddon, if you want it to be about the fractal, make sure you are sending that message, not that you are kitten about how people voted.

The protest needs a main theme. This adds to the feeling. That’s all.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in Queen's Jubilee

Darkbattlemage.9612

You had the main theme and lost it. By focusing on Evon’s defeat you have undermined your own goals, if it was true you just petitioning for the fractal. You could of named your Guild the Disciples of Abaddon, Abaddon’s Chosen, or even Magic Seekers as he is the God of Magic. This would show your interests are more towards the history of Abaddon and the magic he brought to the humans not because Evon Gnashblade lost a stupid election.

The reason I sided with Ellen Kiel is actually more in depth then I’ve previous given in other threads. Yes the cheaper Waypoints does benefit me currently, since not doing fractals yet. However I was more interested in the Asuran Lore than the pre-guild wars 1 lore. From Guild Wars 1 most of the lore given before the events of the game were pretty straight forward not a lot of loop holes or questions. Most of my curiosity was from things in the game such as that floating tower.

To me the Thaumanova Reactor’s explosion will be more relevant to the plot of Guild Wars 2 than to the fall of abaddon. To go off on a limb what if Abaddon is still very connected to the events of Guild Wars 2 and not really dead? What if by choosing the reactor we find a clue about this? The reason so many are hopeful with the reactor is that it relevant and recent in the setting, thus having potential to be spun in a number of ways most of which I’ve seen people mention seem to come from that Wooden Potatoes guy. The Fall of Abaddon is essentially a history lesson and thus doesn’t have an impact, other then what it had in the previous game, on the current settings.

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

You had the main theme and lost it. By focusing on Evon’s defeat you have undermined your own goals, if it was true you just petitioning for the fractal. You could of named your Guild the Disciples of Abaddon, Abaddon’s Chosen, or even Magic Seekers as he is the God of Magic. This would show your interests are more towards the history of Abaddon and the magic he brought to the humans not because Evon Gnashblade lost a stupid election.

Thought about them. But why would you name your guild “Disciples of Abaddon” if you are fighting to see and ake him fall?

This name is catchy, has fury to it. And the word “Kiel” fits in a guild tag. Stop bringing nonsense arguements, once and for all. We will be there for the fractal. But I guess you know our purpose ways better than we do. In that case, sorry.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

Anet is good with political stuff to drive players to compete, see kurzicks and luxons, they just shouldn’t have tied a fractal to it. That was just a little to far. However, Ellen Kiel was a better choice for future living story lines involving lions arch. I would welcome Evon plans for living story lines. But regarding the fractal, I was more leaning towards the reactor, sorry the other one didn’t make it in, but calling attention to wanting it is all we can do to get it.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Note to ANET:
NO more political themed events.
It just brings out the absurdity and stupidity in the community.

Unfortunately, so do free gifts, things you have to pay for, account bound, soul bound, unbound, design of robots, shape of shields, particle effects, no particle effects, weapon sizes, general gameplay, etc etc.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

I voted Evon too. I love Abaddon.

Are you Shpongled?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Bovinity.8610

Bovinity.8610

Pretty sure Evon was just doomed from the start, largely because he was only introduced as a “character” right when the election started.

He should have been in play at least one episode before the election.

Any sufficiently advanced skill is indistinguishable from luck.

in Queen's Jubilee

Darkbattlemage.9612

I voted Evon too. I love Abaddon.

Is it wrong after rereading about Abaddon that I think his ‘death’, using the term loosely as his previous defeat only left him disembodied and lacking his power over water which Grenth took, had something to do with the Elder Dragons waking up.

@Gandarel.5091: It was one of the first names that came to my chaotic mind, that and secretly I favored Abaddon since he was the God of Magic after all.

(edited by Darkbattlemage.9612)