Hobo-Tron Appreciation Thread!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

Best thing about this living story: Hobo-Tron!

Show your love to the poor thing! I think we need a Hobo-Tron mini atat some point!

Queen Jennah was yesterday news. It’s about the Tron now!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ReMortis.4287

ReMortis.4287

I wonder if it’s Job-O-Tron from Southsun. He said something like “I wonder how the subdirector is doing” randomly after running away from the seraph.

I am The No.

in Queen's Jubilee

Meriem.3504

It is because right before southsun ended, he talked about he is out of a job and will end up being a vagrant, a hobo etc.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Sorry for being the sour apple, but this makes me wonder where ANet’s priorities are…

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

Hobo-tron is great. xD I ran into him when the “artist” was bickering with him and the guard. I felt bad for him and followed him around a bit. :P Glad someone made the connection with him being the job-tron. Makes a lot of sense now.

Though I’m not entirely sure what a robot can do with money other then maybe travel. lol

in Queen's Jubilee

Meriem.3504

Hobo-tron is great. xD I ran into him when the “artist” was bickering with him and the guard. I felt bad for him and followed him around a bit. :P Glad someone made the connection with him being the job-tron. Makes a lot of sense now.

Though I’m not entirely sure what a robot can do with money other then maybe travel. lol

He needs his oil and polishing too! Maybe not the same as eating and getting his nails done but its close enough! : 3

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Hobo-Tron?

I miss Heroic Dolyak . :’-(

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: krixis.9538

krixis.9538

Desolation EU
Fractal lvl 80 – 126 AR

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Scott McGough

Scott McGough

Narrative Lead

Next

Just to confirm: Hobo-Tron is absolutely Job-o-Tron from May’s Southsun Cove content—same model, same voice, same character, with a new name that reflects his new status.

As ReMortis and Meriem noted, when he lost his gig as the employment surveyor for the Consortium, he fell on hard times. Bit of poetic justice, really.

—Scott McG

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: MokahTGS.7850

MokahTGS.7850

Sorry for being the sour apple, but this makes me wonder where ANet’s priorities are…

Yes, if you mean their priority of adding detailed, lore rich environments, with humor and polish, then yes…heaven forfend they continue in that misguided way of doing things.

// eyeroll \\

ANet…keep up the good work, and I look forward to seeing more adventures on Hobo-tron…poor guy.

(edited by MokahTGS.7850)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Harbard.5738

Harbard.5738

Just to confirm: Hobo-Tron is absolutely Job-o-Tron from May’s Southsun Cove

Hahaha great!

All the people saying “poor thing” didn’t catch those dialogues back in southsun. Here’s the funny hobo dialogue with one norn (0:50 into the video) :

Poetic justice, indeed. Hopefully we’ll keep seeing improved continuity and these funny little details. Good one, Anet.

Give me game. Not grind, not gating, not RNG, not +stat junk, not checklists.

(edited by Harbard.5738)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Where does this guy show up? I definitely want to seek him out. I absolutely loved his dialogue at the end of Secrets of Southsun where he was complaining about how he’d lose his purpose and he needed to procure item: hobo bundle. And his dialogue with the norn of course.

Hope it wasn’t in the story instance, because I missed him there if so.

(edited by Electro.4173)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Just to confirm: Hobo-Tron is absolutely Job-o-Tron from May’s Southsun Cove content—same model, same voice, same character, with a new name that reflects his new status.

As ReMortis and Meriem noted, when he lost his gig as the employment surveyor for the Consortium, he fell on hard times. Bit of poetic justice, really.

Please repurpose him as a Bank Golem or something, I feel bad for the little guy.
He isn’t bad, he was just programed incorrectly.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Because one random, just for fun NPC totally brought all their development to a screeching halt.

Totally

in Queen's Jubilee

Harbard.5738

Please repurpose him as a Bank Golem or something, I feel bad for the little guy.
He isn’t bad, he was just programed incorrectly.

NONSENSE! Turn him into that norn’s pet! Rename him Hunt-a-Tron or something. He’ll understand what adventure really is and say things like “never felt so alive” “where are we traveling next, master” (just throw some wit in there :P).

An unusual norn hunter and his capitalistic-turned hobo-turned adventurer pet golem

btw: this is a SERIOUS SUGGESTION. Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it!

(edited by Harbard.5738)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

NONSENSE! Turn him into that norn’s pet! He’ll understand what adventure is and say things “never felt so alive” “where are we traveling next, master” :P

An unusual norn hunter

This is the best idea ever.

Please make it happen.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Isaiah Cartwright

Previous

Isaiah Cartwright

Guild Wars 2 Lead Designer

Next

<—- Also loves Hobo-tron

~Izzy @-’——

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

NONSENSE! Turn him into that norn’s pet! Rename him Hunt-a-Tron or something. He’ll understand what adventure really is and say things like “never felt so alive” “where are we traveling next, master” (just throw some wit in there :P).

An unusual norn hunter and his capitalistic-turned hobo-turned adventurer pet golem

btw: this is a SERIOUS SUGGESTION. Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it!

I’m….intrigued by this honestly. Have the little guy go crazy trying to take down a Dolyak or something just for the humor value.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Queen's Jubilee

Harbard.5738

NONSENSE! Turn him into that norn’s pet! He’ll understand what adventure is and say things “never felt so alive” “where are we traveling next, master” :P

An unusual norn hunter

This is the best idea ever.

Please make it happen.

Everyone who likes the idea give it +1 so they read it!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I kinda hope he doesn’t get a new job/title, just so he keeps that name.

Hobo-Tron?

I miss Heroic Dolyak . :’-(

Completely misread that the while clicking the link. Thought it said heroic Dalek.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I thought Hobo-Tron was pretty awesome

…but regarding continuity, any reason why Rox and Braham have no idea who I am anymore? It hasn’t been that long since I saw them last to have to reintroduce myself all over again.

Attachments:

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

in Queen's Jubilee

Electro.4173

…but regarding continuity, any reason why Rox and Braham have no idea who I am anymore? It hasn’t been that long since I saw them last to have to reintroduce myself all over again.

Its kind of a weird disconnect. They know you in the story instance, but then outside they don’t. Not really sure what the deal is there.

in Queen's Jubilee

Meriem.3504

I seen this posted a few times. When did he say this stuff?! I must know!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Needs to drink more then…. and resort to the coooool crime of Stealing…

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

Braham and Rox recognize me(see attachments) just fine.

Attachments:

in Queen's Jubilee

StinVec.3621

Thanks for replying with your pics showing they recognize you. My results are most likely due to my being on a more recently created character at the time I talked to them, and they apparently don’t recognize all of our characters as being the same player. I find this odd, seeing that the achievements associated with Flame and Frost and Rox and Braham were all account-wide achievements, so not sure why they would recognize one character on my account and not another.
I’ll check back with them with a character I actually did F&F content with to see if their responses are different. I’m hopeful I’ll also hit up Hobo-Tron again, maybe dance with him.

in Queen's Jubilee

Electro.4173

Thanks for replying with your pics showing they recognize you. My results are most likely due to my being on a more recently created character at the time I talked to them, and they apparently don’t recognize all of our characters as being the same player. I find this odd, seeing that the achievements associated with Flame and Frost and Rox and Braham were all account-wide achievements, so not sure why they would recognize one character on my account and not another.
I’ll check back with them with a character I actually did F&F content with to see if their responses are different. I’m hopeful I’ll also hit up Hobo-Tron again, maybe dance with him.

It has nothing to do with which character you use. As I posted above, its a difference between the story instance and the uninstanced Pavilion area.

They recognize you when you’re in the story instance. They don’t recognize you when you’re in the non-instance. I have no idea why there’s a disconnect between the two.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

That’s because you’re inside the story instance. Talk to them when you leave the story instance and see if they recognize you.

in Queen's Jubilee

StinVec.3621

It has nothing to do with which character you use. As I posted above, its a difference between the story instance and the uninstanced Pavilion area.

They recognize you when you’re in the story instance. They don’t recognize you when you’re in the non-instance. I have no idea why there’s a disconnect between the two.

Ah I see. You’re dead on with it. I didn’t realize Turtle’s pics were from within the instance, I didn’t look at it as closely as I should have.
I would think that interacting with them in the general non-instanced area, that they would query our achievements to see if we’ve taken part in content that involved them, so they would offer appropriate conversation content and options. Seems like that would be something that would have been in place already. Oh well, I guess.

Now, if Hobo-Tron would have this recognition it would be pretty awesome. He needs his own Living World quest content Maybe have us gathering things for him like replacement parts, oil or lubricant, maybe some stuff to ‘pimp’ him out a little I’d play that.

(edited by StinVec.3621)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

Will we be able to get Hobo-Tron a new job in future LS? Perhaps as a tiny easter egg ‘quest’ which is seperate from the real LS. This guy should stick around to be honest, he sort of reminded me of CL4P-T4P if any of you guys play that awesome shooter.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

I think some hobos loitering the party is a nice touch. It being a hobo-tron makes it even better.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Thedarkdot.2793

Thedarkdot.2793

Hobo-tron is the new mr sparkles :O

Thetinydot [OATH], mesmer
Ring of Fire

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Oddly enough, I care for Hobo-tron much more than ever Apatia or Trahearne.

I feel so bad for him. I wanna give him huggies and gold! :’(

Hope we see him as a recurring character in future Living Story updates. Seems like nice mascot material.

in Queen's Jubilee

Electro.4173

Anyone have an idea how often Hobo-tron has his dialogue with the bard? I waited around for 30 minutes last night hoping to hear it and no dice.

I wish Anet would make these amusing event dialogues a bit more frequent. Many of the “normal” conversations between NPCs around the world seem to happen every 5-10 minutes, yet the event ones seem to take a lot longer, and it makes it hard for people to experience them (especially people just walking buy normally and not stopping to actually hear it).

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Rasha.2801

Rasha.2801

Please make him Hunt-o-tron

Only in the darkness may the light be known,
just as only the truly mad can ever be sane. So come mortals, demons and Gods;
dance with me, and know the madness within!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: BobbyStein

Previous

BobbyStein

Guild Wars 2 Narrative Lead

Its kind of a weird disconnect. They know you in the story instance, but then outside they don’t. Not really sure what the deal is there.

It’s a bug. The conversations outside the story instance were written with conditionals that check if the player had completed certain Living World achievements with Braham and/or Rox but were not set up correctly.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Alleluia.1320

Alleluia.1320

Its a Dr. Who reference. Hobo-tron (kinda?) looks like a Dalek and that’s their catch phrase so ppl on the forums keep posting it. lol

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Things like the hobo-tron interactions are what make me love the game and relish adventuring. It is the little things that make the difference.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lord Erik.6903

Lord Erik.6903

Hobo Tron is awesome! At first I thought it was a get rich quick thing by some crafty Asura at first, but he really did hit rock bottom. It sucks though ‘cause when I talk to him, and he asks for spare change my character says he doesn’t have any.

I chuckled with glee when the Seraph soldier told him to move along the first time, and he floats away a couple meters which is obeying the officer; however he comes back, because it was not disclosed how long he should stay away.

Also (and this is directed toward Scott McGough) Hobo tron was just following the programming on Southsun, just like the golem who’s always harassing the Asurain merchant who has a right to be there, but can’t help arguing from an emotional response from the lack of logic. If I where that Asura I’d find out who the programmer of that golem is and send Mr. Sparkles over there to give the programmer a new, but slightly used behind hat.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Why can’t we give him coins to make him play songs?

The guy should have had a dialog menu to choose what we want him to sing.

That’s not the proper way to request further information.

This is the way: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlpRBLkgcBo

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Amyami.7153

Amyami.7153

Hobo-Tron and Marjory Delaqua for detective duo!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

Hobo-Tron and Marjory Delaqua for detective duo!

“By-Jove-Delaqua. You-are-a-genius.”

“Elementary, my dear Watson-Tron.”

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Vespertilionidae.5018

Vespertilionidae.5018

Thank you so much for posting this! I recall it as being some of the most hilarious and witty dialogue I’d ever overheard in the game. Great to see he is back as Hobo-tron.

(I’d love to see the title Murderous Raider with delusions of grandeur be an actual achievement in game.)

Successful opportunism is often indistinguishable from a masterful plan.

(edited by Vespertilionidae.5018)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: GamerOnline.3650

GamerOnline.3650

I think Hobo-Tron could do better at being self-employed.

Instead of begging for change, he should be begging for scrap or…hire adventurers to bring him scrap and other needed items, which he could then combine to create miniature replicas (completely harmless) of himself, for a mostly small processing fee to give to adventurers as a reward for all their hard work.

Of course where would we find golem polish or programing discs (changes idle behavior)?!? You guessed it…Hobo-Tron, keeps ’em coming back for more.

But…then maybe he wouldn’t be a hobo anymore.

Farm responsibly, for you are not alone. Share the love, not the hate.
Support your local environmentally friendly farmers.
Asuran Mesmer Mind Tricks: “These aren’t the golems you’re looking for.”

(edited by GamerOnline.3650)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Korsbaek.9803

Korsbaek.9803

it would be lovely if we could hire him to our home instance and get him to do something there;)

Commander Korsbaek lvl 80 Guardian
Ayano Yagami lvl 80 ele