Jubilee - Sovereign weapon

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

Here’s the duffy’s ( efficient and quick as always)quick link to sovereign weapons gallery:

http://dulfy.net/2013/08/06/gw2-sovereign-weapon-skins-gallery/

Any opinions on design?

As for me, it’s a meh…I thought they did a good job with the dragon theme weapons way back, but things get dull with blocky and blunt shape theme and they try to give it a nicer ring with some sort of random particle effects. The Sovereign stuff doesn’t look attractive much (the shield looks ok, a C-. And is that supposed to be an Axe? ), at least to me What’s your thought?

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Beta Sprite.4169

Beta Sprite.4169

Looks like a nice mesoamerican set. I might get a few of them for one of my more ’golden’ characters.

~Beta

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: BoogerSammich.7189

BoogerSammich.7189

still waiting for nice necro weapons with green particle effects…

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Actually, I find myself rather liking these.

Not for my main (she’s super-happy with the Jade set), but I have a mesmer with sort of a middle-eastern style thing going on, and in the absence of proper sabres, some of these weapons would make acceptable “desert-style” subsitutes.

And then there is my brand new Asura character, who I haven’t really dressed in anything yet, but I did have mesoamerican on my mind when creating her.

So, I’ll have to see whether or not I end up with any of these, but I think I would have use for them, which is more than I can say about Zephyrite, fused, sclerite, or SAB weapon skins.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

I don’t really care for most of them, but there are a few that are decent. As usual, the greatsword is one of the better ones.

I’m hoping Dulfy’s pics of the staff are just poorly timed, because the staves always seem to get the shaft (pun intended) on particle effects.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Nice weapon design — but — there’s nothing that says “sovereign” about it. :/

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sailsd.9245

Sailsd.9245

Skins that may drop from a champion. Wich one or where – don’t know.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

Anyone know the name of that set ? :0

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Anyone know the name of that set ? :0

We know it drops from champions, but probably not a full set but individual weapons with their own designs, since we do know the rapier will also drop from champions.

As for the sovereign weapons, here’s my take on them, subject to change when I get back home and get a chance to actually look at them in-game:

Like: Sword – hammer – longbow – shortbow – Shield

Dislike: Greatsword – Axe – Pistol – Rifle – Dagger

Indiferent: Warhorn – Focus – Torch – Scepter – Staff

Probably won’t get my kitten off trying to get one, though, because the only ones that I think might fit the look of my characters might be the shield, but both characters I have at 80 that can use shields already have ones I like better (guild wall for my guardian, jade shield for warrior).

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

(edited by locoman.1974)