Liadri 8 orb achievement bugged?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

I killed Liadri 3 times by throwing 8 or more orbs and failed to get the achievement. I have a guild mate who was counting with me to verify.

Has anyone done this achievement after the new content patch?

RP enthusiast

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Niila Nuppunen.9875

Niila Nuppunen.9875

Wow. It must suck to not get a credit even if you were successful on what is probably one of the hardest tasks in the game. Rest assured, if you were able to do it thrice, you will probably make it through once they fix it (if it is bugged, that is)

Btw, mind sharing your build?

in Queen's Jubilee

Sird.4536

0/0/10/30/30
V
II – IX – XI
II – VIII – IX

Gear I used was knights with soldier runes, can us scholar if you have the gold.

Pop VoJ, VoC SYG and SYS to stack retaliation. Tank her while you wait for the visions to cross the light. Empower to buff retal damage. Her HP should be at 85/90% when you enter phase 2. For a normal kill kite her round the room, a little tricky to explain a 8 orb strategy. You just have to know the shadow fall pattern.

Use shelter and renewed focus when you don’t have any endurance to escape from shadow fall. Staff – Sceptor/focus is what I used and retreat as your last shout.

RP enthusiast

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

dude, that’s crazy, once I got my mini I didn’t touch Liadri again….it’s so stupid, liadri is stupid i didn’t bother with 8 orbs

and now it’s bugged too? horrible..simply horrible…

Are you Shpongled?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: perki.2079

perki.2079

Yeah, seems so..
Yesterday I did it as well, carefully placing each orb right under her feet and keeping an eye on her vulnerability stack to be sure they all counted and yet, after beating her there was no achievement :/

Annuri
Guild Leader of Draco Venantium[DV] – Gandara

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Raven Bloodshield.5472

Raven Bloodshield.5472

yea, same happened to me.. 8 orbs and kill and no achievement… won’t try this until they fixed it or i’ve got my rewards

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Denial Of Service.5732

Denial Of Service.5732

yea, same happened to me.. 8 orbs and kill and no achievement… won’t try this until they fixed it or i’ve got my rewards

no wonder i didnt got mine… …. i wont even try it again

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Shinigami.8975

Shinigami.8975

I really hope they will award the achievement via retroactivity, or else it sucks for those who achieved it in the meantime it was bugged… I know a guildie who has tried for 4h straight tonight to get the achievement, he has killed her 4 times with 8 orbs and 1 time with 9 orbs… he doesn’t have the courage to do it even if it is patched… It’s Anet fault if it’s bugged, so it’s their responsibility to fix it asap and give credit to those who deserve it.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The achievement was originally bugged and only required 7. Maybe they “fixed” it, and it now requires 8… after the initial 3.

in Queen's Jubilee

Sird.4536

Ok so tried this again and after my third attempt of doing 8 orbs (and the 3 the day before) I finally got the achievement. So I had to kill her with 8 orbs 6 times to get the achievement and…….4 sprockets from the bonus chest!!!!!

RP enthusiast

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Atroras.9481

Atroras.9481

So I didn’t miscount after all? Hmm sucks to know that if it is really bugging out. Hopefully they have a way of tracking if you ave completed it. Really getting on my nerves trying to get the achievement after 100+ tries

Eisteria. Asuran Ranger.

(edited by Atroras.9481)

in Queen's Jubilee

Shinigami.8975

Could we have a quick hotfix/response from a dev please ?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

I just did this achievement 4 times. I had my 2 friends check as well, they did a manual count for 2 of them. WTF is this.

Also a note is that I target mark liadri for all rounds so you can see how many stacks she has, note I have no abilities that inflict vulnerability either.

(edited by Forestgreen.7981)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Day Trooper.3605

Day Trooper.3605

What class(es) are folks using that are able to repeatedly get 8 orbs on Liadri? With my Mesmer I barely survived as her damage was pretty intense. And I literally killed her off as I was falling through the floor.

I see Guardian above, but what else?

in Queen's Jubilee

Atroras.9481

I believe thief is the easiest to do this achievement. I specifically crafted a thief and geared it just for this achievement.. But even then it took me dozens of tries to get used to the thief and get that one time I managed to kill her…. And the achievement didn’t count. T.T

Justinprocrew on YouTube has a really nice guide on using thief to get this achievement. Things not stated are your personal skill on using thief, personal skill on mechanics of the fight, and some elements of luck in p2…

Eisteria. Asuran Ranger.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

The achievement was originally bugged and only required 7. Maybe they “fixed” it, and it now requires 8… after the initial 3.

wow this means 11 orbs!

this is insane!

they better fix it to be 8 only and not 3 + 8 !!!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

What class(es) are folks using that are able to repeatedly get 8 orbs on Liadri? With my Mesmer I barely survived as her damage was pretty intense. And I literally killed her off as I was falling through the floor.

I see Guardian above, but what else?

warrior for me.

i used a defensive retaliation build inspired by Healix.5819
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/jubilee/Best-Prof-for-Phase-2-Liadri/2646827

liandri’s attack tickles me.

its the phase 2 shadowfall and clones that kept killing me.
yesterday, i managed to beat her finally after i figured out how to not get myself killed in phase 2 by the shadowfall and bomba clones.

i will attempt 8 orbs once they have fixed it.

i started a topic in the bug forum
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/liadri-8-orb-achievement-bugged-1/2684587

help post some feedback there too perhaps?

(edited by Deimos Tel Arin.7391)

in Queen's Jubilee

Forestgreen.7981

If you want an ez class the best is guardian. Here’s the traits you need, for utilities just take shelter, save yourself, retreat, stand your ground, renewed focus. Use a staff as well, the main focus is retaliation, every utility and virtue will give you retaliation on demand and remove the weakness/cripples on you. Don’t underestimate weakness this cuts your endurance regen which really hurts you.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQBgCJTxKhg2CweQgYUHdfwhA

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Daala.4258

Daala.4258

I have just done it for the first time and got the achivement. I have thrown 8 orbs. Guardian anchor build 0/0/30/30/10 with knight/zerker gear.

in Queen's Jubilee

Forestgreen.7981

Still waiting on a reply from A-Net to see if its bugged or not as I’m not going to get my friends to waste their time ressing me because this achievement is bugged. If it helps I tried this in the sylvari arena area.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I have just done it for the first time and got the achivement. I have thrown 8 orbs. Guardian anchor build 0/0/30/30/10 with knight/zerker gear.

(hopefully you’re still looking at this thread)
Which traits did you use? Never head of the anchor build (don’t usually look on forums for builds).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Day Trooper.3605

Day Trooper.3605

Gratz! And to clarify – by 8 orbs you mean 3 orbs during phase 1 and another 5 orbs during phase 2, right?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Frost.2908

Frost.2908

I just tried the achievement today and succeeded! It did register on my first completion of all 8 orbs so it seems to be working correctly.

And yes it is the initial 3 orbs to activate her in phase 1 and then an additional 5 in phase 2

in Queen's Jubilee

Atroras.9481

Which arena did u do her on?

Eisteria. Asuran Ranger.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Frost.2908

Frost.2908

Which arena did u do her on?

I completed it in the asuran arena which happens to be right next to the sylvari arena others are recommending

in Queen's Jubilee

Atroras.9481

I usually do her in the Asuran one as well but after others recommendation I went to sylvari… Which I didn’t get the achievement. =/ guess back to Asuran for me. Thanks!

Eisteria. Asuran Ranger.

in Queen's Jubilee

Forestgreen.7981

Went to the norn arena and completed the 8 orbs again. This time I got it, only took 2 tries.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

If you want an ez class the best is guardian. Here’s the traits you need, for utilities just take shelter, save yourself, retreat, stand your ground, renewed focus. Use a staff as well, the main focus is retaliation, every utility and virtue will give you retaliation on demand and remove the weakness/cripples on you. Don’t underestimate weakness this cuts your endurance regen which really hurts you.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQBgCJTxKhg2CweQgYUHdfwhA

I will try this today, I failed so far on Necromancer and Warrior.

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

I just finished this few mins ago after 50+ attempts tonight =D!
There were 3 other tries where she was at 1% hp, I ran out of time and fell through.
But I’m so glad I managed to get this.

Attachments:

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Got the achievement yesterday, so maybe it doesn’t bug out every time?

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: perki.2079

perki.2079

Well, I managed to do it just a moment ago again and I got the achievement, so yeah, as some others said it’s not bugged always.
I guess there’s just a problem with detecting orbs, are given area circles incorrect or something else. I’m not sure.
But considering my certainty that I did it few days ago and number of people here having the same feeling it’s be nice if Anet would look into this.

Attachments:

Annuri
Guild Leader of Draco Venantium[DV] – Gandara

in Queen's Jubilee

Shpongle.6025

i just wanna give my account to someone so they can do light up the darkness for me so i have that achievement

liadri is stupid and the whole thing is stupid

i don’t want no silly challenges i have enough of those in real life

i just want the achievement over and done with

Are you Shpongled?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Niila Nuppunen.9875

Niila Nuppunen.9875

Confirmed successful achievement here! Did on asura arena and followed the build Sird descripted in the third post.

Felt good to finally complete this difficult achievement. It was rewarding to progress and get consistently 8 orbs on her and finally kill too!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

I also killed her yesterday after throwing 8 orbs at her and no achievement. GG A-Net you fail yet again.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: rotharos.5427

rotharos.5427

I just got the achievement 5 mins ago, so I guess it still works. Did it on P/D Thief.

in Queen's Jubilee

Shinigami.8975

I have tried again, still bugged. But i guess it’s because sometimes 2 clones die on the same light spot, and maybe, “maybe” it’s because one of the resulting crystal is broken.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Caradryan.1795

Caradryan.1795

Did it two days ago and yesterday on thief with 8 orbs, no achievement.

I’m not sure if I’m motivated enough to try it again when I don’t know whether or not I’ll actually get credit.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Broken, just did it now, 8 orb strikes, didn’t recieve the acheev. Totally unfair, as I spent 2 hours doing it.

Just did 10 at 2:14am CD for extra measures, STILL NO ACHIEVEMENT

(edited by Charak.9761)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

Did it 5 times so far and no achievement. Can we at least get some kind of response???

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Bovinity.8610

Bovinity.8610

Then what’s the point of the achievement if you don’t want to have any challenge? If you just want empty, meaningless achievements, write down stuff like “Inhaled Oxygen: 0/10” on a sheet of paper every day and track those achievements. Woo!

Any sufficiently advanced skill is indistinguishable from luck.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Wicked Rin.1972

Wicked Rin.1972

I just did 8 orbs liadri and got the achievement for my first time. I’m still excited.

Just to make sure, you guys did kill her after throwing the 8 orbs right?

Sometimes when you throw the orbs at her it misses because she does her charge strike.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Update – This is broken in slyvari arena, do it in the asuran

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Calmwinds.4753

Calmwinds.4753

i just wanna give my account to someone so they can do light up the darkness for me so i have that achievement

You’re not forced to do it if you can’t. If you want all achievements done, then you gotta work to get them. If you can’t, suck it up and stop complaining

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Berserker.9372

Berserker.9372

Finished today. Not bugged for sure.

in Queen's Jubilee

Shinigami.8975

Please, it has been like almost a week, and we don’t even know if you have acknowledged the fact that is bugged… the achievements will soon be unobtainable, it’s kind of unfair to let this bugged and act like it’s not…

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Caradryan.1795

Caradryan.1795

Got mine earlier today. Am inclined to second the opinion that some arenas are broken. Also finished mine in the asura arena due to the “easier” spawns of the swirly lights, but had 9 on Liadri in the norn arena and failed to get achievement despite killing her with ~10 seconds left on the timer.

in Queen's Jubilee

Shpongle.6025

Got mine earlier today. Am inclined to second the opinion that some arenas are broken. Also finished mine in the asura arena due to the “easier” spawns of the swirly lights, but had 9 on Liadri in the norn arena and failed to get achievement despite killing her with ~10 seconds left on the timer.

how do you find the asuran arena? i mean how do you know the asuran arena? i heard people use it alot, which one is it ? what’s under the dome of the asuran arena? destroyers, pirates, ogres, centaurs? so i know which one is it and try there

Are you Shpongled?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Most likely based off the race of the ringmaster.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Arvid.3829

Arvid.3829

I just completed it 4 times in the sylvari arena, no credit. First few times I thought I misscounted or missed her and didn’t notice. But 4 times is a lot… So I came across this thread, tried the asura arena and got it fairly quickly. Thanks guys!!!

@Shpongle: the asuran one is in the North above the bridge separating the centaurs and the flame legion. All the ‘officials’ there (except the repair guy which is always a Kodan) are asura.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

It isn’t bugged, I finished it yesterday. I think in the sylvari arena, not sure. I changed a lot of arenas depending where there are less people around.

You need to make sure you hit her with 3 orbs at first, then 5 orbs. Do not over do it! Because if they have (orbs = 8 ) instead of (orbs >=8) you will have a problem if you hit her with 9 orbs. Moreover, when you hit her, make sure her invulnerability stack increases by 1.

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…