Liadri Slayer Club

Liadri Slayer Club

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

I defeted her yesterday after 28 tries. Most of the tries were done on Mesmer, then I switched to Thief using a dodge build.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Liadri Slayer Club

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Newman.6847

Newman.6847

Ranger, 30/30/10/0/0

IV, VIII, X in marksmanship for max DPS,
II, IX, X in skirmishing, and
VI in wilderness survival.

Full zerker armor with ruby orbs, zerker longbow I had from before I got kudzu (PVT stats just weren’t doing it), axe + torch which I didn’t really use.

At first, I tried full condition build and equipment, the theory being you just keep conditions on her and evade. Didn’t work for me, so I decided to simplify and go full power, took about 10 attempts with that build.

Strategy..

In p1, it’s pretty standard. I used lonbow barrage (#5) to take down rifts. 1 sec of it is enough to take a rift down, then you move out. The sequence that worked for me was take out rift, kite 2 visions and throw two orbs, take down another rift, kite so that two visions are further than one and throw last orb.

Phase 2, I basically moved in a circular pattern, after a while I got a feeling for the safe zones – where and when they will be, so I moved backwards, longbowing her to death. Long range shot and rapid fire were primary sources of dps, with point blank shot to send her across the room when she got too close. Barrage for rifts, of course.

Utilities:

Signet of the wild – regen in passive mode. No matter what you do, you will take damage from her in both phases, and this was a good way to mitigate that.

Signet of stone – toughness in passive mode, with the “Signet of the beastmaster” trait it gives both pet and you temp invulnerability when activated. I kept this for the last few seconds, because when I’d see Liadri almost dead I’d go shaky hands and having this active can really save you.

Signet of the hunt – because you need to be fast enough to stay out of the AoEs.

Food: Orrian truffle thing for extra endurance regen, and a master tuning crystal cause I had some on me, and hey it’s some extra dps that doesn’t replace the food effect.

Boosters: none, cause I spent all of them on failed condition damage attempts.

Sigils: Superior sigil of earth on the bow, because it was there from before and I didn’t bother replacing. Force would have worked better, so if you go this route it’s something to consider.

(edited by Newman.6847)

Liadri Slayer Club

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

AlphaDelilas.2873

AlphaDelilas.2873:
I don’t have any pictures yet since I just did it and my game is on a different comp, but I finally did it after 500+ attempts and about 160 gold for making my Mesmer and Guardian level 80 with full gear. I even tried using my Ele for it since she’s my main, but that ended in flames xD My one guildie baby-step’d me through it for my Guardian; Knight’s/Zerker/Cleric gear socketed for boon duration and 0/0/30/30/10 traits. Most of my strategy was using Retaliation on her the whole fight and then using Scepter 1 in phase two. I was so determined to beat her since I play to escape the fact that I can’t do much IRL due to disability… I feel so awesome now that I finally did it C:

Congratulations. You must feel great now!

Here is my Liadri clear: http://www.twitch.tv/sakraycore/c/2763587

All is vain.

Liadri Slayer Club

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Bean Muncher.5197

Bean Muncher.5197

Completed her today after 15-20 tries with a zerker warrior.

Weapons: sword/warhorn for orbs, swiftness, vigor and cleanses and rifle for liadri

Traits:
10 Strength (Great Fortitude)
30 Arms (Furious Speed, Crack Shot, Last Chance)
0 Defense
20 Tactics (Empower Allies, Quick Breathing)
10 Discipline (Signet Mastery)

Utilities: Endure Pain, Balanced Stance, ‘Fear Me!’

Food: endurance regen (like everyone I guess) and sharpening stone

Battle tactics: strafe like hell, spam rifle skills, dodge when needed

Liadri Slayer Club

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Krell.2084

Krell.2084

First Kill – 4 tries
3 orbs
Condi Engi 30/0/0/30/10
P/S with Healing turret, Grenade Kit, Tool Kit, Elixir S, Supply Crate

It wasn’t that hard. After figuring out the pattern of the battle it was rather easy to kite her around and kill her with bleeds and burning.

Second Kill – 30-35 tries
8 orbs
Condi Necro 30/20/20/0/0
S/D + Staff with Consume Conditions, Well of Power, Plague Signet, Signet of Locust

Somehow it reminded me of Dark Souls. It was easy to just kill her after 3 orbs, but throwing another 5 was just ridiculous. I was constantly annoyed and was getting even more frustrated and determined after each fail. I knew it was doable and I wasn’t going to give up. Finally I made it. It was quite surprising, really. I was so focused on dodging the AoE attacks that I miscalculated how many orbs I have already thrown. I killed her accidentally when I thought I was at 7th orb so I immediately got angry and at the same time the achievement popped out so my emotions did a 180 degree turn. I would love to see more content like that in the future.

Liadri Slayer Club

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Immortal.3647

Immortal.3647

norn mesmer

20 30 0 20 0

GS / sword + focus

utilities:

blink / iDefender / signet of midnight / timewarp

took me about 15 tries

- signet of midnight makes it very easy -> blinding the phantoms and you can just run into them, making them explode without getting any dmg

- blink -> life saver from shadowfall
- iDefender -> distract liadri, can soak quit some dmg, giving you time to orient. also iDefender + sword3 gives you 2 illusions so ether feast is a bit more effective when you need to heal, or get those extra 2 seconds on your F4 invulnerability. i dont like using focus5 or GS4 just to have a better heal, those should be saved for doing dmg only

(edited by Immortal.3647)

Liadri Slayer Club

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

Scored Liadri last night and I FINALLY get to join the club! Full zerk mes 20/20/0/0/30 GS+ Sword/Focus. Got some handy tips from a fellow mes friend that helped tremendously. But the biggest struggle for me was realizing that you have to shuffle during phase 1 to avoid some of Liadri’s damage. Once my sig other helped me figure that bit out from all the YouTube videos, the rest came together relatively smoothly.

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

Liadri Slayer Club

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Celebratty.1632

Celebratty.1632

Ranger of the zerkiest zerk SB/LB Reflexes SoS and SoTH.

Completely worthless achievement, they made a fight based on luck, slapped a time limit forcing you to use dps, made it far easier for some classes and hung it above an insanely laggy zone full of players and mobs, and called it skill if you win.

Hoping SAB tribulation will be a lot better.

Lulu [LGN] Anvil Rock
Garbage at every profession 2015

Liadri Slayer Club

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Magische Boek.2530

Magische Boek.2530

completed it 2 days ago on my ranger with shortbow sword/warhorn, took the sword just for the orbs since i normally just roll with longbow instead.
about 10 tries later also got the 8 orb achievement.

power precision crit dmg gear and stuff.
troll unguent, lightning reflexes, signet of the hunt, signet of renewal, rampage as one.
traits 30/30/10/0/0
VI VII VIII
II X XII
VI

I’m not arguing!
I’m simply explaining why I’m right.

Liadri Slayer Club

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: noelle.5619

noelle.5619

WOOT Just beat liadri last night. Using PTV gear and rare 80 carrion trinkets on my Ele. Scepter/dagger worked best for the bleeds on condition damage. I bought zerker gear and trinkets tried for a day didn’t do it and then i switched to condition damage WAY easier. I have to say I ran out of time a lot and nearly gave up after She was 1 shot away from death and me falling through the floor like a zillion times. Took me 3 days to get the traits and gear right. Good job to everyone who beat her it was a hard fight when you don’t have much DPS. Proud to say I FINALLY beat her though =D

Kaira Riversong – Human Elementalist
Gotta stomp em [ALL]
Sea of Sorrows

Liadri Slayer Club

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

(Just realized I never made a full post about how I beat her beyond my traits. )

It was pretty dicy, but I beat her just moments before she killed me.

I actually used a surprising build for her, that changed a bit as I progressed. 10/30/0/30/0

I started out using Bow, but after some time, I switched over to Dual Pistols. I used Steal to get rid of the orbs and to give myself a bit of healing. I had Withdraw and Roll for Initiative to give myself some extra dodges., and Shadow Refuge to prepare for Phase 2. Vigor of healing meant that I had a few extra dodges to work with as well. +2 Initiative every 10 seconds, and Healing on Initiative Spent.

The rest of it was DPS traits. +10% pistol damage. Fury when target reaches 50%. +20% damage when target reaches 50%.

Phase 2 was basically all just a kiting fest, stacking bleeds and vulnerability and railing into her with Unload when I got a chance. Using my dodges when I needed to, but mostly staying close to the center to quickly get out of the AOEs.

I’m not really sure if I could have beat her with Shortbow. Simply was not dealing enough DPS against her to beat the timer.

I think I’ll be showing her off for a while as I go about Tyria.

Attachments:

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

(edited by Coldin.2840)

Liadri Slayer Club

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

The hardest part for me was to overcome the latency. Being an oceanic on 300ms ping wasn’t funny. At least 50% of my deaths were from clipping visions or still being inside AoE.

Having said that it was still very satisfying to have beaten her. I regard this mini now above all others and respect others that have it.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Liadri Slayer Club

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Threepsie.3248

Threepsie.3248

Pfoe. Finally did it on my staff Ele on her 10th attempt.

Spec: 30/0/0/10/30
Fire Magic: V, VII, XII
Water Magic: V
Arcana: VI, V, XI

Skills:
- Ether Renewal: Great heal and also removes any lingering conditions on you in part 2. Downside: You need to run around a bit to have it’s optimum effect.
- Mist Form: A last live saver. Speaks for itself.
- Arcane Shield: This is a general protection skill. The shades explode off to this shield without damaging you at all. Also works (I thought) with the Shadow stuff dropping down.
- Signet of Air: For the 25% movement speed buff.
- Elite: Had Elements, but that doesn’t matter.

Gear type: Berserker/Carrion mix.
Weapon: power/prec/cond dmg staff

I’m glad to have finished her, after trying on a:
- mesmer (issues with health right after phase 1)
- guardian (damage issues in phase 2)
- warrior (damage issues in phase 2)
- ranger (great mobility, but barely any condition damage available)

The hardest part was phase 1, where Liadri’s auto-attack gets your health down rather quickly. Staying alive is crucial here (switch between water and earth to keep you alive and dodge the autoattacks). Keep in mind that earth skill 3 reflects these and offers some protection!

Phase 2 is pretty straightforward: stand a few feet from the center and start running circles. Cast the nice AoE circles (Fire – Skill 2 // Earth – Skill 2) on the floor right before you run into a ‘clean’ bit. Liadri will teleport to that location and get the dmg (+ condition damage). Turn around, burn her (Fire – Skill 3), run to safety, heal, and repeat.

Additional tip: if she’s close to the other shadows, then the basic lightning attack also deals some nice dmg (Air – Skill 1).

Best of luck!

Liadri Slayer Club

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: TheModernProphet.9024

TheModernProphet.9024

Joined the club today, thanks to my Guardian. Proud owner of a Liadri the Concealing Darkness Miniature. Good luck to all the others out there still seeking to get the achievement and the miniature.

Liadri Slayer Club

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Mentor.4130

Mentor.4130

I first killed her couple of weeks ago with my guardian. Was trying to get Light Up the Darkness yesterday. Started with arround 40 tickets. At arround 10 tickets left I killed her again without Light Up the Darkness achievement (was loosing hope that I would ever get that hard schievement, so I killed her again for the sake of pleasure).
With only 2 tickets left I finally got Light Up the Darkness achievement. Guess I was lucky with spawns, at one time 3 clones got killed in light pool and I had enough time to use 2 crystals on Liadri.
I was defenately happy at the end (after so many tries and considering I had only one ticket left at the end) but I must admit that Liadri is soo hard because of bad design.

(edited by Mentor.4130)

Liadri Slayer Club

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Leashe.6472

Leashe.6472

Elementalist 30/10/0/10/20

Staff with Hardening Stones and bowl of Orrian Truffle Stew consumables

I used Ether Renewal for my healing skill (15s cd ad cures a condition with each pulse) and Arcane Shield (wiggle room for errors), Signet of Air (for the kiting) and Arcane Blast (for added damage ) My elite was artillery Barrage, which I’d drop while running, in the center for Liadri to walk into.

If Liadri used her swirling whip animation first off, depending if I was in a safe spot or not, Id pop Arcane shield and throw a meteor shower down before I began to kite and drop lava font behind me while using flame burst when it was off cd.

If she got too close, used arcane blast for extra damage.

Took quite a few tries but once I got the patterns down it was a very rewarding fight.

Liadri Slayer Club

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: LONGA.1652

LONGA.1652

Just won with Thief after wasting 200 tickets with wrong build

Thief using condition damage gear. Dual dagger and Pistol/ Dagger
10/0/0/30/30 trait
Must have trait is Vigor recovery and Bountiful Theft for extra endurance.Extra initiative to spam Death Blossom when you are in tight spot .

Utility, Roll for initiative , smoke powder , Agility signet.

Liadri Slayer Club

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Close to 100 tries but lost count how many tickets got spent in the end…
Got Liadri down to 3% two nights ago, but finally all the way last night when hope was all but gone.

Guardian using berserker gear and ascended knight’s/berserker trinkets
0/25/10/30/5
GS/Sw+Fc… superior sigils of energy and dodge food and triple shouts for condi removal with Pure of Voice (which still takes 2 instead of 1 condition off you)

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Liadri Slayer Club

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Soja.5918

Soja.5918

Joined the club tonight.

Necromancer
30/30/10/0/0

Armor is an exotic mix of apothecary, cleric and carrion. Runes are a full set of Superior Afflicted runes. Had a rare rampager staff and a rampager wand/dagger combo; only the wand/dagger option was used.

Utilities were Consume Conditions, Blood is Power, Plague Signet and Locust’s Signet.

My main strategy was to explode Liadri with conditions. Many attempts ended with a botched roll, a cosmic rift pull into a dangerous spot, or death by aoe due to weakness killing my stamina. In the winning bout, I turned Liadri’s conditions against her. The extremely punishing durations of her cripple and weakness worked to my advantage. Besides that I danced around in the middle and weaves in and out of the sage zones while moving in a roughly clockwise fashion around the arena. In the end Consume Conditions won the day because without it I simply would not have been able to outmaneuver the last aoe before Liadri perished. I did her in with a thousand cuts using bleed, torment and dhuumfire.

This was a very hard won fight. I don’t know if I’d like to do this kind of content often but there’s no denying that I was euphoric with the win.

The Crystal Desert beckons us. Ascension awaits us.

Keirlann Aurion – Ranger – Chieftain of the Ace Guard [AceG]

Liadri Slayer Club

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Nanashi.6297

Nanashi.6297

joined club a minute ago! worst content ever. if there wasn’t the mini I would have stopped trying after a few tries. took me around 30 in the end.

well my build:

warrior
0/30/0/10/30

mostly items with condition, precision/strength and armor or anything similar +superior rune of infiltration. only exotic gear

melee weapon for phase 1(and the 25% ms speed) was axe/sword in my case.
longbow for phase 2

didn’t specially skill for that fight but it came in handy that I had so much condition damage and found the bow appealing lately. just dot that kitten while running in the circle permanently. used prayer to kormir and “shake it off!” to get rid of the cripple. didn’t turn out so great except in my last try. usually it just removed the wrong condition and I died… signet of stamina for the increased dodge regeneration for both phases.

I really hope arenanet doesn’t consider this was a good fight. like I said in other threads today the camera was the only problem about it. totally lost control of the fight every time when I switched to phase 2 because I had to look for liadri’s leap, illusions running through the room, the empty spot so that I don’t die instantly and all that while my camera fought against me…

Liadri Slayer Club

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

It took me 95 tries, but I finally achieved Light Up the Darkness.

I did it as a Guardian using the following build:
0/30/10/30/0
Scepter/Focus + Staff
Knight’s Armor + Soldier’s Runes
Berserker Ascended Trinkets
Asura Arena
Shelter, Hold The Line, Retreat, Stand Your Ground, Renewed Focus
Mango Pie + Superior Sharpening Stone

I played phase 1 with the staff, and then phase 2 with the scepter/focus for dps. The challenge was making sure I damaged her consistently throughout the entire fight so I could finish her off once I managed to get 8 orbs. Getting 8 orbs with this build is still very tough and requires you play perfectly, but it’s doable thanks to a combination of high precision (and thus perma Vigor), clearing 2 conditions per shout (1 becoming a boon), and three ‘invuls’ (Renewed Focus + Focus 5 + Heal). The real challenge is doing it fast enough that you have enough time to really kill Liadri, hence so much berserker gear in the mix.

This was a very painful achievement for me because it depended so heavily on where the orbs spawned (RNG) and when the visions decided to explode (sometimes melee as intended, sometimes at long range for whatever reason). Once I finally rolled a perfect setup, I executed perfectly, and won with 2 seconds left on the timer. I am so glad it’s over, and I feel the pain of everyone still trying to get it in these last waning hours of the living story event.

You all can do it, and hopefully my information here helps. Cheers.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Liadri Slayer Club

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: BryghtShadow.9316

BryghtShadow.9316

Joining the Liadri Club!
Warrior, GS+Rifle, 0/20/15/20/15 (Following this video pretty closely, my build plus Sclerite Karka Shell)

Before beating her, I had 2 close battles in the many attempts, but I lacked the damage. I think I put in about 50+ attempts on her.

P1 was learning the pattern of AoE+light (and lucky Rift spawns), and rushing P2.
P2 was running in circles and crippling the boss, while dodging and running closer to the centre when I had to. I popped stability for potentially deadly Cosmic Rifts.

Overall, I think the boss was pretty challenging (but much easier compared to my attempts of Candidate Trials). Definitely worth having more content like so. I have yet to beat her on other professions; I am too poor and out of time to try this season. Also, the culling patch and lack of people in the pit below was a lovely boost to my frame rate.

Liadri Slayer Club

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Basharic.1654

Basharic.1654

Count me in. Around midnight The last night. Somewhere between 150 and 200 attempts. 4-5 of my last 10 attempts had her nearly dead. Including my favorite, dropping through the floor while downed and she had nothing on her bar.

Thief, condition build, S/D for phase 1, P/D for phase 2, 20/0/20/20/10, pizza, and BLC regen I had lying around.

Biggest thing for me was finally getting to phase 2 consistently enough to learn it.

Edit: oops I’m a jerk. Forgot to give much thanks to all the people who were hanging around throwing rezzes. I almost never had to run back. I bloody love Maguuma.

(edited by Basharic.1654)