Liadri and Necromancers

Liadri and Necromancers

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

What bothered me the most wasn’t actually the dodging, since I memorized the pattern and had the food buff up, what actually bothered me the most is the Death Shroud User Interface.

Let me explain, when you use DS, the screen turns a little green-ish, now as we all know, the arena ground is brown-ish. The AOE from Liadri is red. Red and Green = Brown.

On my Necromancer, I run 30/10/0/0/30, so I’m heavy DS specced. I can’t count how many times I wiped in the Arena just because I couldn’t see the red AOE. To make things worse, the ground has wholes in it, so spotting the red circles is even harder.

The way I beat her was I went lich on phase 2 and burned her down. Without DS UI I was able to spot them way easier and move accordingly.

Please Arenanet take this into consideration.

Now, time to try to go for the orbs achievement.

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…

Liadri and Necromancers

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sawnic.6795

Sawnic.6795

So, respec to something that uses Death Shroud less. I had to respec to a DPS signet build on my mesmer away from my usual staff bunker build.

Whatever guild I’m repping today [tag]
Borlis Pass’ official male cheerleader
Commander by title: Sawnec the Mesmer

Liadri and Necromancers

in Queen's Jubilee

Azraeel.1238

So, respec to something that uses Death Shroud less. I had to respec to a DPS signet build on my mesmer away from my usual staff bunker build.

I might have to do that for the next orb achievement, however, that wasn’t my point. My point was about the encounter visuals which shouldn’t make the fight harder that it really is. The ground and the colors are poorly chosen.

Liadri and Necromancers

in Queen's Jubilee

Sawnic.6795

I might have to do that for the next orb achievement, however, that wasn’t my point. My point was about the encounter visuals which shouldn’t make the fight harder that it really is. The ground and the colors are poorly chosen.

…So respec to something less Death Shroud oriented.

Liadri and Necromancers

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

So respec to something less Death Shroud oriented.

On that note tell a elementalist not to use attunements or that a engie toolbelt has no use…

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

Liadri and Necromancers

in Queen's Jubilee

Sawnic.6795

On that note tell a elementalist not to use attunements or that a engie toolbelt has no use…

Or you can read the thread and see why I’m suggesting this. None of what you mentioned even comes close to the problem Death Shroud has.

Liadri and Necromancers

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Options > Graphics > Turn off Post-Processing (None).

The screen tint from death shroud will be disabled, along with other screen effects.

Liadri and Necromancers

in Queen's Jubilee

Andele.1306

Or you can read the thread and see why I’m suggesting this. None of what you mentioned even comes close to the problem Death Shroud has.

Or you learn necro 101 that DS is the basics of damage migration necro has, not using DS = dead necro.

Options > Graphics > Turn off Post-Processing (None).

The screen tint from death shroud will be disabled, along with other screen effects.

Same as with her blind, no changing graphical options to bandaid developers being lazy is not a solution.

Liadri and Necromancers

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Odin of Ark.4860

Odin of Ark.4860

I used my condition necro on her. She wasn’t too hard after 5 tries. Just lich her to 25% then use staff and drop marks BEHIND you. She melted to my bleed/poison.

I hardly used DS at all in the fight.

Liadri and Necromancers

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ndrangles.5183

ndrangles.5183

if the options aren’t good enough for you, what would you rather have?

Majyyks [Os] – NSP

Liadri and Necromancers

in Queen's Jubilee

Andele.1306

Somehone here doesn’t know how damage rollover works in death shroud. I can assure you, it’s not me.

Someone here doesnt know how to think, obviously shown by your lack of profession knowledge and basic language.

Liadri and Necromancers

in Queen's Jubilee

Sawnic.6795

Somehone here doesn’t know how damage rollover works in death shroud. I can assure you, it’s not me.

Someone here doesnt know how to think, obviously shown by your lack of profession knowledge and basic language.

Oh no, I typod. You sound mad.

Liadri and Necromancers

in Queen's Jubilee

Azraeel.1238

Sawnic, Andele has a point with the Death Shroud being important for Necromancers. The amount of damage we can dish out with 100% crit chance while eating Liadri’s constant damage is nice. If I want to respec, I would go to something even more tank-ish, and it also includes DS. From 30/10/0/0/30 to 0/0/10/30/30. No matter what you choose, you will need to go into DS at some point to stay alive.

Thanks Healix.5819, for the suggestion, I will try that.

I just wanted the devs to take this into consideration for any future implementations. Green + Red = Brown. Simple

Liadri and Necromancers

in Queen's Jubilee

Sawnic.6795

Sawnic, Andele has a point with the Death Shroud being important for Necromancers. The amount of damage we can dish out with 100% crit chance while eating Liadri’s constant damage is nice. If I want to respec, I would go to something even more tank-ish, and it also includes DS. From 30/10/0/0/30 to 0/0/10/30/30. No matter what you choose, you will need to go into DS at some point to stay alive.

Thanks Healix.5819, for the suggestion, I will try that.

I just wanted the devs to take this into consideration for any future implementations. Green + Red = Brown. Simple

Feel free to watch this.. DS was used for a grand total of about three seconds the whole fight, and most of it was at the *very, very* end for a quick burst. The fight could have been easily done without it at all.

-[edit]-
It was used once at around 0:50 ONLY to fear Liadri when she rushed, and again at the very end of the video for the AoE hit on top of the massive condition damage already applied. This necromancer, as I said already, could have done this fight without DS at all.

(edited by Sawnic.6795)

Liadri and Necromancers

in Queen's Jubilee

Azraeel.1238

I’m not conditionmancer. Again, regardless if we can or cannot do it with DS. People are abusing the post-processing to avoid unnecessary difficulty in the fight. Ticking this off should make it easier with the DS on.

To be honest I finished the fight even before I knew about this post-processing. I had more than 10 tries just to figure out where to position myself when the blinding flash AOE hits.

Is it too much to ask to make the red AOE more visible without having to modify the options?