Loved the challenge, thank you devs!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

No cry in thread please, there are cry threads already.

It’s great to be receiving content that isn’t a faceroll on ones keyboard. The gauntlet (while occasionally frustrating due to the camera) is exactly what the game needs to engage the more skilled players, and the players who are bored of not being actively challenged.

It also teaches players to use their defensive skills and dodges in the right situations and to save them for the right times, which is a big plus for the entire community.

The ‘account bound’ aspect of the gauntlet allowing you to change classes is great for experimenting and not being forced to play one character, maybe fractals could get in on that action?

It is alarming to see the amount of people calling for nerfs, just because they cannot faceroll it. And I genuinely hope the complaints of those people will not influence future content! Please keep the great challenges coming.

But one suggestion for future content would be to have challenging content (or more challenging tiers of the content) labelled as a challenge in either NPC dialogue or in the achievement description, to try limit the amount of complaining from people who want to take challenges away from other players and dumb games down.

Thank you to all the dev teams! Keep up the work.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Thomassassinate.9370

Thomassassinate.9370

I consider the gauntlet a challenge good job anet!

I do not consider liadri a challenge.

Take away the bubble walls, fix the camera, remove the glitches, change the location/interface, and how minor lag ruins everything and remove the time limit (for certain professions its a problem) and facerolling liadri would be a snap.

(edited by Thomassassinate.9370)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: koolmutt.9827

koolmutt.9827

+1

Absolutely loved the update and am desperately hoping we get a lot more content such as this. It’s finally nice to see anet somewhat recognize that it gets very boring for a lot of players to have nothing but completely faceroll content.. over and over again. I hope anet continues to bring out some challenging content once in a while

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Tenoh.2305

Tenoh.2305

heh,only 3 elitist that like it? lol,thats funny.

kitten you anet! I hate you!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

+1 I enjoyed the Gauntlet very much, with the exception of the Tremor gambit glitch during the Deadeye fight, I thoroughly enjoyed earning my Liadri mini.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Calmwinds.4753

Calmwinds.4753

The challenge on Liadri was amazing. I had fun trying to beat Light up the Darkness. Bring more achievements at this level. Good job!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Cures.7451

Cures.7451

+1

bring more of this!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Azraelle.1683

Azraelle.1683

Yes, keep it up pls. Don’t listed to whiners. We need some hardcore(optional) content. Although gauntlet has some technical issues, people mentioned already.

Thief/Guardian. Desolation [EU]

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Gutbuster.8745

Gutbuster.8745

I heartily agree with the TC here.

One of the things I’ve missed in GW2 is challenging PvE content, there’s just not been any, until Liadri.

When I finally beat her, for the first time since WoW I got that feeling you get when you finally down a raid boss after wiping on it for hours on end. It was amazing and exactly what I needed to re-spark my interest in GW2. I do hope they’ll include more challenging PvE content in the future.

I honestly don’t understand the people calling for nerfs, just because it’s there doesn’t mean you’re entitled to it. Drawing a parallel to WoW (and similar games) which was/is based on challenging PvE content, if your guild was unable to complete raid boss X you either had to adjust, change your strategy and keep at it or you accept that fact that you can’t do it. People didn’t go to the forums demanding nerfs because their particular guild was unable to complete it.

The enjoyment is in the challenge and the sense of accomplishment you felt when you finally did beat the boss.

I’ve many times compared GW2 PvE to The Sims, there’s no goal in it, no sense of achievement and it’s mindlessly boring (that’s my opinion of the sims).

If Anet want to attract and keep PvE players they need more content like this, but also on a much larger scale.

Another point I will bring up is that I have said since release of GW2 that when the camera angles is the hardest part of any content be it JPs, gauntlet whatever then that is a sign of failed design. The challenge should be in the encounter, boss moves planning your strategy NOT that your camera randomly gets zoomed up to your characters back.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

I haven’t had the time to get to Liandri but I’m very pleased with all the bosses I’ve encountered. This is huge for me

I learned that

• you can design encounters which aren’t sponge-like with thousands of hitpoints (solo-battles against the champions should be more like this, before the scaling up when new people arrive)
  • non-instanced battles are fun because it feels more connected to the world than being in your own little universe. Waiting times were almost non-existent for me, so it worked really well.
  • arena like battles where others can’t interfere are the true challenge – would love to see this more often
  • I hate those glass-domes… bad vision on the battle. You can’t target the players / mobs to see their healthbars. Invisible walls would be totally ok imho – asuran forcefields.

Edit: I’ve heard that berserker builds can break the mechanics (again), if this is true, please Anet: fix this.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!