More Liadri Praise

More Liadri Praise

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Avatara.1042

Stop encouraging Anet to release more crap like this. They need to release actual difficult content that is not based on bugs, horrible camera angles, and a horrible floor colour. Proper difficulty is what we need.

More Liadri Praise

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Azreell.1568

Azreell.1568

This has to be the absolute worst boss fight and mechanics I have seen in my many years of gaming.

It’s a gimmick fight with far to many 1 shots to be enjoyable.

It’s not difficult – it’s simply annoying and very bug ridden and lacks any enjoyment what so ever.

I’m not sure when developers will get it thru their heads that most gamers do not like 1 shot mechanics – and you don’t need them to make a fight challenging.

The other fights had far more strategy and enjoyable mechanics. Liadri is nothing more then throwing yourself at the boss enough times to get lucky with timing.

Simply trash in terms of content.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

More Liadri Praise

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Antisceptic.9174

Antisceptic.9174

The mechanics are great, interesting and challenging. The issues with camera, the impossible to see red circles, and the running back and waiting are not.

More Liadri Praise

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Now, about Liadri. I understand the complaints, such as the horrible camera positioning, zerg lag, hard to see AoE, among others. They do add a slight degree of difficulty to the fight.

Slight?

99% of all my deaths at Liadri has been due to those factors. I died maybe 3 times due to poor strategy, but every single other death after that has been due to problems with the camera, massive lag, and terrible targeting.

Liadri is a terribly designed boss fight. It is one big package of utter misery, that sums up everything that is wrong with GW2.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

More Liadri Praise

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

A well designed fight would replace the 1-hit kill mechanics with 90% health damage mechanics. 1-shot kills are for bad designers.

Yes, I said it. Whomever designs 1-shot kills in MMO’s shouldn’t be working at a gaming company.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

More Liadri Praise

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I wouldn’t say that not a single game deserves to exist with one-shots. I mean, Mega man had deadly drops and spikes that would instantly kill you. So in some games it can work. But in an MMO…. no.

You need to give the player time to recognize a danger. You can’t just drop a red ring on top of him that is poorly visible, and then instantly kill him without warning.

GW2 is inconsistent with its mechanics constantly. Sometimes red rings do minor damage, sometimes they instantly kill you. Sometimes a ring of fire sets you on fire but you can dodge through it, and sometimes dodging through it instantly kills you. Sometimes a sniper does heavy damage and is rooted in place, and sometimes they do insta-kills yet can be pulled with pull skills. There is no logic to any of it.Players are expected to learn these encounters by repeatedly dying. There are no consistent rules to adapt to… other than DPS is king.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

More Liadri Praise

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Chicho Gosho.6507

Chicho Gosho.6507

I needed 15 tries to get used to the camera and 15-20 more tries to kill her. Trying her 100+ times and still complaining about camera is, i know it’s gonna hurt you, l2p issue.
If you don’t want lag don’t fight in the dome on top of the destroyers’ zone, try over the pirate or centaurs for example. There’s no zerg there.
About 1 shot mechanics – you have 4-5 seconds to see not one small red circle but 1/4 of the floor at p1 and 3/4 at p2. Get a movement speed increase skill and just walk out of it.

More Liadri Praise

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ShunsuiKouKyoraku.9106

ShunsuiKouKyoraku.9106

I’m confused Quark….. there were numerous times where I fought Liadri w/o any of her visions walking around and I had simply messed up my skill useage and she dominated me in melee range. AS a WARRIOR. And I’m one of those guys who’s always in the melee and knows fights well enough so ranged isn’t necessary. But she hits hard unless your using PVT gear.

Also,

A well designed fight would replace the 1-hit kill mechanics with 90% health damage mechanics. 1-shot kills are for bad designers.

Yes, I said it. Whomever designs 1-shot kills in MMO’s shouldn’t be working at a gaming company.

Yet so many are, and you aren’t…..

~De Oppresso Libre~
Shunsui Kou Kyoraku~Thief |Afro Claptrap~Warrior|Korra Jorradóttir~Elementalist
Zaraki Bladebreaker~Guardian|Mikasa Ackkermann~Mesmer