My concerns about farming

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: McSlaughter.1567

McSlaughter.1567

Possibly because some of us hate TP flipping and think it should be disallowed. I consider all TP flippers to be unrepentant leeches on the system and you will never be able to convince me otherwise.

How about the fact that TP flipping in a roundabout way of doing so helps to stabilize the economy because all the money that is put into it also comes out. So instead of the game generating gold (which causes more overall currency to become available, i.e. the value of the currency goes down), players trade gold and the same overall amount of gold remains in the game but it simply trades owners (just like business in the real world!) instead of being generated out of thin air.

Essentially look at it this way: Farming areas in the game for gold is like printing more money. The more money that is printed devalues it in the economy. Trading on the trading post does not generate money, but simply changes where in the game that money is held.

Imagine that participating in the Trading Post on a meta-level is like trading stock or investing, and imagine that that system in of itself is a part of the game to some. Some people truly enjoy gaining money by mathematical analysis and quickly making high-risk decisions, and the fact that such an element as that can exist in this game that is fundamentally about killing baddies is sort of a really cool thing to imagine.

That and the fact that these traders are not in any way devaluing the currency of the game world, other than by taking money from people who have generated that gold. In reality, it’s the farmers who are the true plagues of the system, as they are only serving to make the poor poorer and the rich richer by feeding the system.

Yeah. Think about that. Isn’t economics in video games cool?

No. It does not stabilize anything. It purely takes money away from people. Without those leeches players would be able to buy things at a lower price and sellers would be able to make more. Instead the leeches buy what the players should be able to then sell them to those players at an increased price. Those leeches simply siphon money out of the system to the detriment of all others. That adds nothing of value and simply steals profit and savings from people who actually want to play the game.

Farmers are not the plagues. They at least provide a service. Getting you the goods that you don’t want to farm for, but that you still need. Flippers provide nothing of value for anyone but themselves. They are pure leeches.

I respectfully disagree because I see it differently, but I can understand where you’re coming from. I’d try to explain in further detail what I was trying to express but it’s really difficult to put into words without making a really, really long post.

However, I disagree that farmers provide a service. They simply generate more gold from thin air, which causes the overall value of gold to decrease. This in turn causes prices to go up.

I also disagree that traders cause the prices of items in the game to go up. Look at any commonly traded thing and you will see from the start of the game there has been a very steady and significant decrease in its value (for the most part). This is true for ectoplasm, all other materials, rare items, and etc. Only very rare things have a high value (as one would assume!) and that is no fault of TP enthusiasts.

You should look at some graphs on gw2spidy.net or a similar resource, and then reconsider how you perceive TP traders. In reality, I think they may actually (in a general way, there are of course exceptions like in any system!) help to steadily over time devalue items and make them more accessible. Farmers cause more money to be generated from nothing, TP traders simply exchange money that is already extant in the game’s economy.

This is all speculation and open to debate, but that’s just how I see it.

Addendum: I also believe that ArenaNet should not interfere with the Trading Post by setting market limitations. That would create a sort of government controlled market that would only create issues I imagine, rather than allowing players to freely trade as they see fit.

(edited by McSlaughter.1567)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

Hah, and I had just started farming CoF P1 like a week ago. Not my cup of tea, but I have a tough time making gold by doing what I really like to do (that would be running around with a zerg in WvW).
Well, back to the Fractals.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

I respectfully disagree because I see it differently, but I can understand where you’re coming from. I’d try to explain in further detail what I was trying to express but it’s really difficult to put into words without making a really, really long post.

However, I disagree that farmers provide a service. They simply generate more gold from thin air, which causes the overall value of gold to decrease. This in turn causes prices to go up.

I also disagree that traders cause the prices of items in the game to go up. Look at any commonly traded thing and you will see from the start of the game there has been a very steady and significant decrease in its value (for the most part). This is true for ectoplasm, all other materials, rare items, and etc. Only very rare things have a high value (as one would assume!) and that is no fault of TP enthusiasts.

You should look at some graphs on gw2spidy.net or a similar resource, and then reconsider how you perceive TP traders. In reality, I think they may actually (in a general way, there are of course exceptions like in any system!) help to steadily over time devalue items and make them more accessible. Farmers cause more money to be generated from nothing, TP traders simply exchange money that is already extant in the game’s economy.

This is all speculation and open to debate, but that’s just how I see it.

Farmers don’t create anything from thin air. They generate goods just like any player does. But like I said in my first post on the topic, you will not be able to convince me that flippers are anything but leeches. Period. They are leeches in the real world and they are leeches in game.

Now people that add value such as crafters and stuff are fine. But people who buy purely to resell at a higher price are nothing but leeches who remove money from the hands of those who actually play the game.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Korval.3751

Korval.3751

Where is your god now farmers?!!

Its called the black lion trading company. I mean that is the last place that people can make a lot of money and anet can’t nerf that right?……Right? I don’t really see why people freak out so much about CoF 1 farming but no one thinks about Tp flipping. I guess its because technically TP flipping actually takes money out of the game while CoF puts money in.

Possibly because some of us hate TP flipping and think it should be disallowed. I consider all TP flippers to be unrepentant leeches on the system and you will never be able to convince me otherwise.

The world in real life is run on flipping. In fact every game you buy is based on the flipping principle of how much it costs the developers to make their game versus how much they make from selling it. In GW2’s case it would be the cost-to-profit ratio of making one gemstore item. The flute probably costed Anet ~$5-7,000 to model, texture, create sounds, test, more testing and tweaks until it finally made it into the gemstore, but how much money did Anet flip in purchases?

Flipping has been around for thousands of years.

(edited by Korval.3751)

in Queen's Jubilee

SynfulChaot.3169

The world in real life is run on flipping. In fact every game you buy is based on the flipping principle of low cost resources to sell the game, then make profit from many units sold… or in GW2’s case the cost to profit ratio of making on gemstore item. Flipping has been around for thousands of years.

Yes, it has. And it’s still wrong and the reason the current world economy is kittened.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

Good riddance getting rid of constant mindless COF 1 farming, it was getting ridiculous

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in Queen's Jubilee

McSlaughter.1567

Farmers don’t create anything from thin air.

Everything else in your post is arguable but this is not. Farmers, like anyone else who plays the game, generate gold from outside of the existing money pool by getting money from both coin drops and by selling drops to the merchant. This money comes from nowhere and is added into the existing economy, causing more overall gold to be added.

Of course this is true of anyone that plays the game, but farmers do so intensively over extended periods of time which can cause dramatic devaluing when you take countless people all doing this simultaneously.

The reason that video game economies don’t work like real economies is because the currency is generated out of nothing. Even currency in the real world has to be printed out of existing resources (paper, metal, etc.), then given value by some other “store of value” (such as gold or other precious metals), and then produced by manpower on some level, and therefore has a cost to generate. No one in the game world pays for the NPC merchant’s ability to buy your greens and blues, no one in the game world puts that coin in the pockets of all those mobs you kill. That money literally comes from nothing and is put into the economy. This is true of all players, but farmers are where the problem lies because it can so severely impact the economy of the game due to quickly generating these funds out of a resource that exists outside of the game world and does not have any value in the game’s economy (That is to say, a player’s time invested).

(edited by McSlaughter.1567)

in Queen's Jubilee

Korval.3751

The world in real life is run on flipping. In fact every game you buy is based on the flipping principle of low cost resources to sell the game, then make profit from many units sold… or in GW2’s case the cost to profit ratio of making on gemstore item. Flipping has been around for thousands of years.

Yes, it has. And it’s still wrong and the reason the current world economy is kittened.

Flipping is in EVERY SINGLE MMO economy. WOW, SWG, EVE, GW2, GW, Rift, LOTRO, all of them. It’s been around since Ultima Online. It’s part of the way games work.

in Queen's Jubilee

McSlaughter.1567

No, the reason the current world economy is messed up is because of an almost infinite list of other factors. There is no one thing, such as flipping and trading, that can be pinpointed and corrected to fix the world’s economy, and really it is totally irrelevant in this discussion because how the economy works in reality and how it works in a video game are, despite sharing some similarities on a fundamental level, is very different.

in Queen's Jubilee

SynfulChaot.3169

Everything else in your post is arguable but this is not. Farmers, like anyone else who plays the game, generate gold from outside of the existing money pool by getting money from both coin drops and by selling drops to the merchant. This money comes from nowhere and is added into the existing economy, causing more overall gold to be added.

Of course this is true of anyone that plays the game, but farmers do so intensively over extended periods of time which can cause dramatic devaluing when you take countless people all doing this simultaneously.

Unfortunately, if you say that farmers are a drain on the economy you are also saying that all players are as well as the goods are generated identically for both.

And by farming, I was referring to players that choose to farm, not the gold farmer company types. My apologies if I was not clear. I have no liking for the company types and find them as harmful as the flipper leeches.

Flipping is in EVERY SINGLE MMO economy. WOW, SWG, EVE, GW2, GW, Rift, LOTRO, all of them. It’s been around since Ultima Online. It’s part of the way games work.

Yes, it is there. No, I don’t need to like it or think that it’s right and should be allowed. “It’s always been done that way” is not a good excuse.

No, the reason the current world economy is messed up is because of an almost infinite list of other factors. There is no one thing, such as flipping and trading, that can be pinpointed and corrected to fix the world’s economy, and really it is totally irrelevant in this discussion because how the economy works in reality and how it works in a video game are, despite sharing some similarities on a fundamental level, is very different.

Flipping and trading are a big part of it. They raise the price of goods based on speculation, hurting those that need the goods but can no longer afford it due to said speculation.

(edited by SynfulChaot.3169)

in Queen's Jubilee

McSlaughter.1567

Unfortunately, if you say that farmers are a drain on the economy you are also saying that all players are as well as the goods are generated identically for both.

I actually explicitly said that in my post, but I also said that people who farm (not like gold farmers who sell gold for money in the real world) in mass numbers (such as in the instance of COF p1) over extended periods of time have a negative effect on the economy.

On a small-scale level, where most players are concerned, this is not an issue. But when you have countless people all farming simultaneously for extended periods of time in an easily accessible form (COF p1 and etc.) you will see a general trend of devaluing in currency because so much currency is being generated out of nothing so quickly, causing currency to devalue and prices to inflate.

Do you understand now?

in Queen's Jubilee

Korval.3751

The reason that video game economies don’t work like real economies is because the currency is generated out of nothing. Even currency in the real world has to be printed out of existing resources (paper, metal, etc.) and therefore has a cost to generate.

The currency in most nations is fiat. Dollars, Yens, Euros all of them are backed by nothing. In the United States gold used to be what backed the value of the dollar. Not anymore. But since people desire the currencies of their country to live and do business this is the only value currency has. If people’s trust in any currency falters then you have situations like what happened in Greece last year. GW2 is a virtualize economy. Anet has full control over it and can manage spikes much better.

in Queen's Jubilee

Korval.3751

Yes, it is there. No, I don’t need to like it or think that it’s right and should be allowed. “It’s always been done that way” is not a good excuse.

If I buy an item for 1s and sell it for 2s I am not doing anything wrong. If I make 1s profit no one is being harmed.

in Queen's Jubilee

SynfulChaot.3169

I actually explicitly said that in my post, but I also said that people who farm (not like gold farmers who sell gold for money in the real world) in mass numbers (such as in the instance of COF p1) over extended periods of time have a negative effect on the economy.

On a small-scale level, where most players are concerned, this is not an issue. But when you have countless people all farming simultaneously for extended periods of time in an easily accessible form (COF p1 and etc.) you will see a general trend of devaluing in currency because so much currency is being generated out of nothing so quickly, causing currency to devalue and prices to inflate.

Do you understand now?

Unfortunately, players are forced into farming to get enough gold to fund certain items. Unless you are saying that only flippers should be allowed to own said items. And I would need to disagree with you greatly if you think that is true.

But as I see it, players are doing things in the world to generate goods and make money off of them. No harm. Leeches simply buy those goods cheaply and resell them for profit. They siphon the money out of the system and give nothing back. No goods generated. No benefit to anyone but themselves. And with that money being siphoned away from players but still in the system, prices still go up. So players need to farm more to keep up with the prices.

No matter what way you try to phrase it, flippers are nothing but leeches. Period.

If I buy an item for 1s and sell it for 2s I am not doing anything wrong. If I make 1s profit no one is being harmed.

You are taking the money from someone who could have bought it for 1s and now needs to pay more. You are a leech. End of story.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

Hah, and I had just started farming CoF P1 like a week ago. Not my cup of tea, but I have a tough time making gold by doing what I really like to do (that would be running around with a zerg in WvW).

And now the champions will give you an extra reward.

Now I’d be curious if capping different towers would each reward you. That’d be nice.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Prepare to welcome back Orr temple farming chains.

AWWWWWWWE YEAAAAAAAAH

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: CorneliusTullius.6482

CorneliusTullius.6482

Do you understand now?

Unfortunately, players are forced into farming to get enough gold to fund certain items. Unless you are saying that only flippers should be allowed to own said items. And I would need to disagree with you greatly if you think that is true.

But as I see it, players are doing things in the world to generate goods and make money off of them. No harm. Leeches simply buy those goods cheaply and resell them for profit. They siphon the money out of the system and give nothing back. No goods generated. No benefit to anyone but themselves. And with that money being siphoned away from players but still in the system, prices still go up. So players need to farm more to keep up with the prices.

No matter what way you try to phrase it, flippers are nothing but leeches. Period.

You are taking the money from someone who could have bought it for 1s and now needs to pay more. You are a leech. End of story.

haahah, while I do support that we ought to have the right to TP flip, I believe that this whole argument can basically be summed down to an ideological debate. But back onto subject, I am glad at the re-balancing of the dungeon rewards.

in Queen's Jubilee

Korval.3751

What’s that? Oh I’m sorry. I couldn’t hear you over the sound of my massive jingling vault of gold!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

And now the champions will give you an extra reward.

Now I’d be curious if capping different towers would each reward you. That’d be nice.

I hope that tower/keep/castle lords are included in this champion update, more rewards for WvW is never a bad thing.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I don’t like some of the things they are doing, but things like this move GW2 more towards the original GW spirit….

BUT! They should add a way for characters to check better the things they’ve already done. For example:

- Maps:

• Champions: Adding a small gravestone icon for each defeated champion. Nothing for those you have never defeated, so you still have to find them. This will only mark those you have already done. The icon would be as small as the karma vendor icon so it isn’t very intrusive.
  • World bosses: Adding an open chest icon for each completed world boss event.
    Players can hide these icons like any other.

- Dungeons:
Chaning the dungeon icons so they show what you’ve done:

• Closed door or Inactive asura gate: You’ve never done this dungeon.
  • Open door o active asura gate: You have completed story mode for this dungeon.
  • Closed chest: You’ve completed all paths, but none today.
  • Colored open chest: You have completed some paths today.
  • Grayed open chest: You have completed all paths for this dungeon today. This icon won’t pop in the map when zoomed out like dungeon icons do now.
  • Hover over a dungeon icon, all paths are listed there with an icon next to them.
    • Grayed closed chest: You’ve never done this path.
    • Colored closed chest: You’ve done this once, but not today.
    • Colored open chest: You’ve done this path today.
SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Queen's Jubilee

SynfulChaot.3169

What’s that? Oh I’m sorry. I couldn’t hear you over the sound of my massive jingling vault of gold!

Congrats on being a leech and part of the problem.

in Queen's Jubilee

SynfulChaot.3169

I don’t like some of the things they are doing, but things like this move GW2 more towards the original GW spirit….

BUT! They should add a way for characters to check better the things they’ve already done. For example:

- Maps:

• Champions: Adding a small gravestone icon for each defeated champion. Nothing for those you have never defeated, so you still have to find them. This will only mark those you have already done. The icon would be as small as the karma vendor icon so it isn’t very intrusive.

- Dungeons:

• Open door o active asura gate: You have completed story mode for this dungeon.
  • Grayed open chest: You have completed all paths for this dungeon today. This icon won’t pop in the map when zoomed out like dungeon icons do now.
  • Hover over a dungeon icon, all paths are listed there with an icon next to them.

Ohgod that would be soooo useful! As one who runs nine charas, that would make seeing who has done what so much easier! Now I must want this.

in Queen's Jubilee

Uther Deathhand.1570

- Maps:

- Dungeons:

I think this would be an amazing idea i have a bunch of alts so this would be very helpful. However since we just got the account wallet that holds all our currencies i would say we might get something like this in a year or two or never. Also we still don’t have an in-game dungeon finder.

Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Dempsey.8760

Dempsey.8760

If properly implemented, you will now be able to profit from every dungeon instead of just one, oh the horror.

Only if you want to spend hours doing so. And even then that caps the total you can farm to somewhere around 8-24g per day. And While that’s still a large amount, it would require you to be in dungeons all day.

in my guild we do 1 path sometimes 2 in every dungeon takes about 2 hours.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Achrisos.1360

Achrisos.1360

Before anymore QQing takes place I think we need better clarification of this new system as the way I see it the only change to gold is the 26s you receive at the end of each path is gone in favor of 1g minimum reward. All bosses (including final boss of CoF p1) will still drop silver so with ur omnoms and boosters you will still make 30s on final boss and 20s on regular bosses. So it will take 5 CoF runs before you actually make less money than the current system.

in Queen's Jubilee

SynfulChaot.3169

Before anymore QQing takes place I think we need better clarification of this new system as the way I see it the only change to gold is the 26s you receive at the end of each path is gone in favor of 1g minimum reward. All bosses (including final boss of CoF p1) will still drop silver so with ur omnoms and boosters you will still make 30s on final boss and 20s on regular bosses. So it will take 5 CoF runs before you actually make less money than the current system.

Actually all the boss drop silver is removed in lieu of the new gold reward. So repeated runnings of any path will not make you much money directly. So gold find as a stat is kinda useless now.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

We wouldn’t need fixes on the CoF gold farms if gold wasn’t the be all end all of item acquisition in this game. Allow players to earn their rewards through tokens and reasonable soulbound/account bound drop rates and you will see players actually playing content instead of targeting the next generic gold farm.

in Queen's Jubilee

SynfulChaot.3169

We wouldn’t need fixes on the CoF gold farms if gold wasn’t the be all end all of item acquisition in this game. Allow players to earn their rewards through tokens and reasonable soulbound/account bound drop rates and you will see players actually playing content instead of targeting the next generic gold farm.

Yeah. But some items that people are seeking cannot be gotten via dungeons. Only via insane grinding for money or rare drops. And money is more reliable to obtain. If there were decent methods for turning tokens into lodestone and money then this would all be moot.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: SoDeep.1739

SoDeep.1739

I feel like all outcomes of this will be bad.
1. If this encourages more people to do dungeons and everyone has gold, prices of EVERYTHING will go up respectively and drive legendarys even higher. This will discourage newer players because you don’t earn any gold really until you are level 80 and can do multiple dungeons without horrible experiences. They will not have enough money to buy things off the TP early on.
2. Possibly no one extra will do dungeons because you already earn almost a gold in most paths from boss drops and final reward . People who didn’t in the past still wont do 2-3 hour arah paths for just 3 gold. And possibly even the farmer players will do minimal to no dungeons anymore.
3.The people who farm cof are now doing the optimal rotation of dungeons. These people are still mindlessly doing the same paths every day. This will also imply a pointless change for the new dungeon system.

Hexevine- Sylvari Elementalist
Devonas Rest
“I’m rough and I’m tough and I’m king of the Maguuma Jungle”

in Queen's Jubilee

Uther Deathhand.1570

Did you read the update notes? Cause it really seems like you didn’t.

in Queen's Jubilee

SynfulChaot.3169

1. If this encourages more people to do dungeons and everyone has gold, prices of EVERYTHING will go up respectively and drive legendarys even higher. This will discourage newer players because you don’t earn any gold really until you are level 80 and can do multiple dungeons without horrible experiences. They will not have enough money to buy things off the TP early on.
2. Possibly no one extra will do dungeons because you already earn almost a gold in most paths from boss drops and final reward . People who didn’t in the past still wont do 2-3 hour arah paths for just 3 gold. And possibly even the farmer players will do minimal to no dungeons anymore.
3.The people who farm cof are now doing the optimal rotation of dungeons. These people are still mindlessly doing the same paths every day. This will also imply a pointless change for the new dungeon system.

Not all bad. It is still greater rewards for those that more casually play dungeons. It’s only really a nerf for those that grind for money.

The question is what will take the place for those players. Or more importantly, is there something that cant take that place. You know … other than TP flipping. Which should not be promoted as the be all/end all of money acquisition.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: SoDeep.1739

SoDeep.1739

Not all bad. It is still greater rewards for those that more casually play dungeons. It’s only really a nerf for those that grind for money.

The question is what will take the place for those players. Or more importantly, is there something that cant take that place. You know … other than TP flipping. Which should not be promoted as the be all/end all of money acquisition.

COF is approx 4-7g an hour. I personally can do other dungeons fast as cof but I just have fun racing through it. When I feel like farming I will just find a dungeon rotation that makes this amount of money or close and run it with multiple toons. If people only have the option to casually play they are now playing less than when they spend time farming also.

Hexevine- Sylvari Elementalist
Devonas Rest
“I’m rough and I’m tough and I’m king of the Maguuma Jungle”

in Queen's Jubilee

SynfulChaot.3169

COF is approx 4-7g an hour. I personally can do other dungeons fast as cof but I just have fun racing through it. When I feel like farming I will just find a dungeon rotation that makes this amount of money or close and run it with multiple toons. If people only have the option to casually play they are now playing less than when they spend time farming also.

I’ll probably be doing the same. I still need to finish accruing the money for my legendary (T6 mats and runestones) and my Foefire weapons.

But for that to work the rewards need to be chara-bound, not account-bound. Because if it is the latter then we are limited in our efficient money gain per day.

in Queen's Jubilee

Korval.3751

- Maps:

- Dungeons:

I recommend posting this in Suggestions. I’ll /sign it

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

It’s a great move. If you don’t think some speed bumps needed to be added to cof p1 farming, then I’m sorry. But it did need to be done.

Really, where else are we to farm then? They destoryed Orr, and now CoF, there is no available way to make relatively quick income.

Actually, they restored Orr with this very same update that they’re changing Dungeon Loot systems. How so? Why, it’s the way they’re introducing Champion Loot Bags. Orr is sprinkled with Champion mobs throughout the major events; and the minor Dynamic Events scale up with more players to include champions when needed. This means that effectively players can (and should) start up Orr farming trains yet again to try to get these Champion bags.

TO ORR!

TO ORR!

RAISE THE SAIL!

WE SHALL NOT FAIL.

AND WE WILL YELL, FOREVERMORE…

TO ORR!

TO ORR!

TO ORR!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ZinN.6124

ZinN.6124

WOWOWOWOO evryone calm the kitten down!! This is not the end of the world! after own experience of playing gw1 for many years and see many farming places there being nerfed (for example keg farming, uw farming with sf) ive learned that WE the players ALWAYS finds away to get fast money! We always find new farming places to get fast money! so evryone calm down and just wait and you will see in a few weeks!

And as Siphaed here are saying:

Actually, they restored Orr with this very same update that they’re changing Dungeon Loot systems. How so? Why, it’s the way they’re introducing Champion Loot Bags. Orr is sprinkled with Champion mobs throughout the major events; and the minor Dynamic Events scale up with more players to include champions when needed. This means that effectively players can (and should) start up Orr farming trains yet again to try to get these Champion bags.

This will be a new way of making money. How good this will be? only time will tell!

I like trains

Choo choo

in Queen's Jubilee

SynfulChaot.3169

I’m not afraid that there will not be a new farming method. I am curious as to what it will be and if it will still have acceptably fast gains. Because to me flipping on the TP is not only not an option, but also morally abhorrent. And I needs the monies for my legendary hunt.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

It’s funny that Anet made legendaries, which is the ultimate grind Fest to make, yet seem to hate farming in general.

I play casually but I loved seeing how fast me and my guildies/friends could run COF. It really was the best (read: fastest) way to make money to buy mats for making the legendaries.

And given how much nerfing goes into farming spots I doubt Champ loot bags are going to be so good that it induces farming.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

(edited by thefantasticg.3984)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Singer.8740

Singer.8740

Where is your god now farmers?!!

In the Abaddon fractal. Vote Evon!

The gods are dead. Vote Kiel! A vote for Kiel is a vote for progress.

But on the topic I am both sad and happy. I am a little sad because my chief source of income will be nerfed. I am happy that I now get to find a more exiting way to make my income. Incidentally I got my precursor two days ago so this goes a bit towards me being so laidback about this.

Etheeria (The mad bomber). If you don’t have shellshock your not doing it right.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Well I hope the carebears are happy. More time-gated, daily BS which discourages you from running the same path multiple times, yippee!

Soon you will only be able to play Guild Wars 2 for 1 hour every 24 hours.

(edited by Kain Francois.4328)

in Queen's Jubilee

SynfulChaot.3169

Well I hope the carebears are happy. More time-gated, daily BS which discourages you from running the same path multiple times, yippee!

Nah. Even us ‘carebear’ PvE players don’t like that kitten time-gated stuff. Time-gating is a cheap attempt at trying to extend content. It is bearable (barely) if you run only one chara. Run multiple charas and that time-gating goes from bearable to completely unacceptable.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

It’s funny that Anet made legendaries, which is the ultimate grind Fest to make, yet seem to hate farming in general.

I play casually but I loved seeing how fast me and my guildies/friends could run COF.

So if you like doing that you can still do it.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Marrrcy.7391

Marrrcy.7391

“Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?”
Gosh I’m glad CoFp1 farm is dead!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

I just don’t understand… AC P1,2,3 are 1.5g per path… Every other dungeon is just 1g, and then Arah is 3g for 3 paths and then 1.5g for P3. I figured there’d be more diversity then. So by this logic all of COE is just as easy and long as COF P1. Makes sense.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

<— Didn’t run CoF P1 multiple times per day
<— Isn’t a carebear.