Only 5 people defeated Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: SallyStitches.4096

SallyStitches.4096

Oh, and the fact that the orbs don’t disappear after you’ve killed them, so you keep them targetted, is a pain. It also fools you into thinking they are still up at times.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Thryfe.2576

Thryfe.2576

So anyone meleed her (+ others)?

I just beat her and it was with Melee only.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Omglookitsevan.6579

Omglookitsevan.6579

I honestly think this is one of the more intense fights I’ve ever had in the game. I’m glad I was able to get it done after 10+ tries and getting the rhythm of the clones and orbs. All will say is i love my mesmer x10 more now after doing this fight with him and now i have a mini that goes in death shroud ;p

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sidu.9708

Sidu.9708

FIX THE ORB!! when I try to shoot it down with rifle it’s obstructed… kitten

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Nanashi.6297

Nanashi.6297

It’s harder to farm them than it is to buy them for 15sprocs (get from TP) and 20s. Ideally a lot of people out there have more than 10g o_o. But yeah, if you are low on monies, it will take time. I just find it harder to actually farm a ticket than to just farm money and buy it.

I didn’t say it’s not easier. you just don’t make tons of gold in a few minutes. yeah you could go dungeons and all but even dungeons take their time.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sam.7269

Sam.7269

Finished it this morning, was quite easy tbh just have to learn the pattern.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

So this took me 4 attempts. Once I got the shield down I just did huge burst and killed her in 15 seconds.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sidu.9708

Sidu.9708

I did it!! I did in on warrior!! OMG what a relief!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: SnakeOzilla.4297

SnakeOzilla.4297

So does this mean not all classes can do it? Also it was after several weeks, we only have four weeks and we have to queue up to do it and does this fight have a 2 min time limit too?

Seems a bit unfair and unbalanced, not fairly tested either. GG

Every class beated Liadri, but only 5 testers. Stop confusing people

beated?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: BlackenX.7386

BlackenX.7386

Why my ranger’s pets could be so useless in the fight?
They just died in a second with a 60sec cooldown
I cant use any traits coz its all related with pets
ANET makes rangers cannot live without a pet
Ranger is so weak when the pet downed

And my bows and axes cannot break the “Orb/Gift” in the fight
It always show “Obstructed” and “Out of range”
I feel so bad as a ranger

P.S. I have finished her but I want to get the “Light up the darkness” achiv

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Scryar.2954

Scryar.2954

Did it finally. Took me about 50-60 trys as a dagger/dagger ele. Had to use flamesword(helps a lot, 1 1/4sec avoid on a 5sec CD; skill 3) elite, because doing melee dmg in phase 2 makes it much more difficult. Classes with avoid skills and high range dmg have a clear advantage at this boss.

Attachments:

WvsW smallscale & tpvp
Champion- Magus, Shadow, Illusionist, Hunter

(edited by Scryar.2954)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

I did it on my warrior and posted a thread in the warrior sub forum that might help some people out or at least give them some fresh ideas.

My biggest complaint is as a max sized Norn the camera (as usual) is awful, and whats up with us still not being able to call a target while solo?…

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

Beat her finally after 70+ attempts with my mesmer. My setup was GS scepter/focus, weird as that was. Never thought I’d use that combination like, ever.

why scepter/focus rather than scepter/pistol or scepter/sword?

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

So this took me 4 attempts. Once I got the shield down I just did huge burst and killed her in 15 seconds.

Let me guess…zerker warrior with frenzy? Drop the shield, fear the clones, and spin to win?

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I cannot beat her on my guardian I played 2750+ hours on. Do not have any twinks to test on. Makes me sad if my mini collection wont be complete anymore because of this.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Queen's Jubilee

Wethospu.6437

Let me guess…zerker warrior with frenzy? Drop the shield, fear the clones, and spin to win?

Pretty much. It wasn’t really optimal because I was just practicing and had useless weapon like Sword offhand.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Atra Zephyr.1053

Atra Zephyr.1053

I beat it on my warrior. Took a lot of tries but finally did it :]

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Hexxen.7216

Hexxen.7216

Can she be Moaed?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Synkru.7984

Synkru.7984

Can she be Moaed?

yes, you can turn her into moa for 10 seconds.

in Queen's Jubilee

Hexxen.7216

Can she be Moaed while having her shield up? Kinda like taking a necro outa Lich form? I imagine not but if so I might be able to beat this even when dealing with an extra enemy or left over tornados or fire rings from previous fights which seems to be the common occurrence when I try.

in Queen's Jubilee

Synkru.7984

Can she be Moaed while having her shield up? Kinda like taking a necro outa Lich form? I imagine not but if so I might be able to beat this even when dealing with an extra enemy or left over tornados or fire rings from previous fights which seems to be the common occurrence when I try.

no, you cant turn her into a moa while her 3 shields are up.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

It is doable. It is hard, it should be. The only problem I had about it was the camera angle. But after 35 tries I was finally able to do it, so it’s possible. Some classes may have a harder time, that is just the nature of the game sadly. I thought about it hard and its a problem for anet that is impossible to counter unless they design separate fights for only each class or just make all the classes the same. Both of which are really lame.

You’re gonna rage and its gonna be very very angering, as all hard games are. It is doable, I had a necro friend do it so it’s not as impossible with necros as many think. He said spectral walk was great

Good luck out there! Trust me, once you do get that minipet you feel awesome. I’m still on a happy go lucky high about getting it haha!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Enundr.9305

Enundr.9305

Defied , it is stupidly harder for necros compared to a warrior , why? warriors have easier access to vigor first off , dont feel as sluggish as necros , and have better dmg mitigations vs her auto attacks , all of which give them an easier attempt at it then necros , it was desinged poorly , get used to it. yes i attempted as necro then warrior and was shocked at how easier the warrior could wtf lol at the fight.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Orange.9701

Orange.9701

+150 Times without success = no fun, these things do not do well in gw2

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Pretty much. It wasn’t really optimal because I was just practicing and had useless weapon like Sword offhand.

Tips for a guardian? Once I get into a rhythm in phase 2 it goes pretty smoothly, until I get dragged into a rift that spawned across the room out of my FoV.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Queen's Jubilee

Hexxen.7216

How did you get all your tickets? I am trying to find a fast way to get them so I can start doing the gambit achievements but I REALLY don’t want to run in that zerg.

in Queen's Jubilee

Synkru.7984

How did you get all your tickets? I am trying to find a fast way to get them so I can start doing the gambit achievements but I REALLY don’t want to run in that zerg.

you can buy 5 tickets by the emissary rewards, all you need are 15 watchwork sprocket and 20 silver.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

The encounter would be a LOT more manageable if I could zoom out the camera like I do with Lupicus.

I beat it, but the problem is that you have to get lucky to be able to see the terrain and the pattern of the gaps because the camera is so claustrophobic you might end up running in the wrong direction and constantly get red circles.

Also, classes without vigor or endurance regen are screwed. Namely, the necro.

Classes without a lot of invulnerabilities and blocks are also screwed, like the ranger. Your ranger weapon dodges, due to making you spin around can actually roll you towards the wrong position.

The ranger is also the worst of them all because due to anet’s total disregard for pets and the aoe 1-shot spam on what amounts to 30-40% of your damage makes the Liadri fight on a ranger painfully bad. It’s a dps race of 2 minutes yet you’re handicapped in damage because developers are so stubborn about not giving pets aoe avoidance or dodging when the ranger dodges.

I still don’t even get why pets need to have that ridiculous kitten sec cooldown on swap if it’s so easy for them to die.

Also, the visions move too fast for how impossible it is to click to target an orb after it pulled you into a shadowfall, so you can’t even click to target the orb and rally before a vision pops you. Targeting the orb has been a futile effort, tab targeting is crap and prioritizes vision further away than the orb in front of you.

I also have to say that with all the stupid body blocking from the visions some ranged classes without baseline piercing are nerfed by the encounter design.

The fact that the encounter also has a 2 min timer further places priority on running a berserker spec.

P.S. This whole ordeal on my ranger took me about 6-7 gold.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

in Queen's Jubilee

Wethospu.6437

Tips for a guardian? Once I get into a rhythm in phase 2 it goes pretty smoothly, until I get dragged into a rift that spawned across the room out of my FoV.

To be honest I’m quite clueless about phase 2.

in Queen's Jubilee

Zenith.7301

Phase 2 has the particular spawn pattern.

The map is a pie with 4 slices. Usually it goes one side, then the opposite side, then an adjacent side, then the opposite of the adjacent side and repeat.

For phase 2, 2 pie pieces activate, both opposing sides. So if you pay attention, it looks like an hourglass that rotates, so if you lose direction just walk to the center and look out for the side that’s empty. What really puts pressure on you and might make you lose your bearings is the kitten visions that pop all over the place.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sonork.2916

Sonork.2916

If you’re having trouble on your necro, go full condition. Very easy 2nd phase with scepter/dagger.

in Queen's Jubilee

Zenith.7301

Remember the endurance regen food as well as energy sigils. It’s the bandaid necros have been using for a while.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Did you do close combat or rifle? I have seen some people doing in the warrior way and melee her down, but not too many.

in Queen's Jubilee

Zenith.7301

Did you do close combat or rifle? I have seen some people doing in the warrior way and melee her down, but not too many.

Frenzy+endure pain+signet for endurance regen.

Go in and burst her while immune, back out after.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Virindiira.1025

Virindiira.1025

Pls anet when the arena is closed tell us how many have won the challenge against Liadri!! 5% 20% 50% 80% or maybe 100%? would be very interest to see how many made it in %.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Pls anet when the arena is closed tell us how many have won the challenge against Liadri!! 5% 20% 50% 80% or maybe 100%? would be very interest to see how many made it in %.

Im interesed how much will make the arch with orbs..

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Orange.9701

Orange.9701

Another bad morning with Liadri, I leave.
Dear ArenaNet could you tell me the name and surname of the Liadri developers, one day, to thank them, I have a present for the tires of their cars that my thief absolutely want to give it … : D

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Eulolia.2467

Eulolia.2467

People having problems with endurance regen should watch this video

I think the guy dodges once in the whole of phase 2. This was the key to the fight for me, realising you don’t need to waste dodges on circles if you move along the right path.

Subscribe for exciting guild wars 2 videos! https://www.youtube.com/user/eulololia/

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: PaulDousen.2619

PaulDousen.2619

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Still trying to beat the fire guy. Thought maybe by going in early this morning there’d be fewer people and less lag. No such luck. Anyway, I got close with my necro a couple of times, finally got to where I could see the flames enough to almost dodge them, even at 11 FPS… then ran out of tickets. Tried with my warrior, again and again, until I ran out of tickets. Tried with my thief – and this is when the REAL fun started. Random red circles of instant death? Huh? Fire guy never did that before! Also, at least twice he just ran up to my thief and BOOM, she was down. What? Sigh. I gave up on my thief, as she never even got close. I switched to my Guardian – and now there are oozes in there with the fire guy?

Anet…

I give up.

Attachments:

The table is a fable.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Bnplay.9521

Bnplay.9521

One tiny mistake cause us to death, But her mistake just cause one tiny 1 Vulnerability

Yes, trow 1 orb to her just make her 1 Vulnerability after 3 trow to riped her armor off

WTF?

And you all know after 3 orbs floor will become lava, every kitten 1 – 2 secound A DEATH RAY will kill us if we not jump out. The most pain is picking and trowing animation is cost more than 2 secounds for me

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Yahti.9321

Yahti.9321

I don’t think this content was overly hard, it felt like the right amount of difficulty for me.
I did all the other bosses in one try and after two days of trying to kill her ( around 40 tickets and lots of raging at my necro), I’ve finally done it
It was frustrating up until I realized that there indeed was a pattern to her attacks. Anyway I enjoyed this content, best living story patch for me yet <3
Thanks anet !

Attachments:

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

I would really like to know how many people won the fight using a norn or a charr in the end. That would be interesting…

in Queen's Jubilee

Hexxen.7216

That back tracking thing the war did is probably the best advice anyone can give ever. even without perma swiftness a few dodges is all ya need and you just back step. So easy now.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Rimy.5213

Rimy.5213

Saw this on a YouTube Comment from Dulfy

Wait a second.. Is there a way you disabled the screen distortion that she does?? Whenever I fight her everytime she spams this thing that keeps me from seeing what I am doing, like one after another
Dulfycleric 9 hours ago
Turn off post-processing ?

This would help so much with not being able to see the red rings…..
Hope this helps

in Queen's Jubilee

Enundr.9305

finally beat her as a necro…..nearly passed out from ridiculous amount of stress this fight caused ….hope anet notices that some ppl play games to have fun with others , get loot , and enjoy challenges that dont freaking make them want to die , theres a reason the gambit thing was put on , why make it hard for normal mode that makes ppl want to freaking die attempting to do it? this fight is flatout stupid and shouldnt be spamming 1 shot kos left and right , as welll as ads that drop you in 1 shot as well. this fight can cause an unbelieveable amount of stress for some ppl , freaking take off the mass one shots that make it completely stupid.

Edit : Challenges that make you THINK , not run frantically trying not to die. most of the game has been relatively close to that , not exactly challenging , but close to atleast keep it enjoyable , this fight , just didnt make you think at all , it only made you run like a chicken with its head chopped off hoping not to get one shot while making attempts to kill her in phase 2 with aoe getting bigger and conditions slowing you down and slowing endurance regen , ontop of the adds that 1 shot and the orbs that yank.

(edited by Enundr.9305)

in Queen's Jubilee

Enundr.9305

Saw this on a YouTube Comment from Dulfy

Wait a second.. Is there a way you disabled the screen distortion that she does?? Whenever I fight her everytime she spams this thing that keeps me from seeing what I am doing, like one after another
Dulfycleric 9 hours ago
Turn off post-processing ?

This would help so much with not being able to see the red rings…..
Hope this helps

it did help with that fight sooo much , too bad that the fight was still freaking ridiculous all the same , i got what i wanted done , not touching those fights EVER again , no achievment is worth that much stress .

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

I would really like to know how many people won the fight using a norn or a charr in the end. That would be interesting…

I just did with a norn.. and yeah the camera is frustrating. On my successful go I tried kiting closer to the center so could see a bit better. But by that point I had a good idea of the general pattern of things.

Was a bit of an epic finish.. was down to my last ticket, I heard the announcer start counting down.. so said “f it” and went melee. The announcer got to 1, red circles appeared all around me and I just barely killed her.

Only disappointing thing is that I had to go to my warrior for it (took warrior about 15ish tries.. tried at least 10 on necro.) My necro just didn’t have the survivability to take all of her hits in phase 1 and I wasn’t about to spend loads of gold or karma to get a setup for this one fight. Readdressing builds is a nice idea, but not when it’s so expensive to do so. Quite frankly ANet makes multiple builds offputting.

(edited by Lothirieth.3408)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Max height norn here, beat her. The trick is to stay near the center for phase 2, camera becomes a non-issue at that point.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: warrior shapper.6502

warrior shapper.6502

are you going to fix it so the gauntlets don’t bug out and you end up fighting 2 opponents without gambits or have ooze always in there after the previous person failed because i keep loosing tickets from it

Dream Rider [ART]
Art of Skills Desolation EU
Warrior shapper.6502