"Pick up" animation issue screws you over.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Bragdras.9572

Bragdras.9572

So yeah, has anyone found a way to eliminate, or at least reduce this infuriating animation break when you pickup a crystal whilst fighting Liadri, in phase 2? I’m to the point where I can kill Liadri consistently because phase 2 doesn’t involve picking up crystals, or rather, TRYING to pick the bloody thing.

While I’m sure everyone knows what I’m talking about, I’m referring to when you try to pick up an item while fighting, your character merely faces it for a second, then doesn’t try to pick it up, so you spam your interact key like an imbecile, and maybe at some point will your character pick it up, but most of the times, your character will seemingly do its best do only fully do the pick-up animation when you need to cancel it to break or dodge, while Liadri, her clones and the AOE fields are putting pressure on you, this issue isn’t unique to this fight, but shines here because of the mechanics involved.

I found that turning off autocast seems to help, but come the hell on, this shouldn’t be an issue in the first place, especially not 10 months into the game.

I’ve lost count of how many times I’d have the “8 crystals thrown at her then kill her” achievements if this issue was solved.

Thankfully, the fight itself is still enjoyable even after beating her so many times.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lord Erik.6903

Lord Erik.6903

Yea I find it Ironic myself thinking “Phase 2 is probably easier than 1, because I’m not picking up these crystals.” I haven’t made it to phase 2 yet, but I can’t really grind at it since I’m visiting my mom for the weekend, and her internet cuts out at crucial times such as when a legendary boss is about to die and relinquish it’s goods.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Somoe.3621

Somoe.3621

Is your character running when you’re attempting to pick up an item? I remember a while ago picking up bundles would bug out and “fail” if you tried to do it while running. Maybe it’s a similar issue? Have you tried coming to a complete stop before hitting your interact key? :o

Just an idea to help you possibly manage.

in Queen's Jubilee

Bragdras.9572

Somoe, personally, the most “reliable” way to ensure this doesn’t happen is to stop targeting, stop attacking, stop moving and THEN wait for the animation, but this only applies reliably when doing the Jade Maw, because there’s no real danger even if you do go down.
Even then, however, you’re not guaranteed for it to not bug out midway, sometimes, you’ll have to spam your movement key to simply START moving again.

Here, however, you can’t take the time to do all that in a split second.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

Is your character running when you’re attempting to pick up an item? I remember a while ago picking up bundles would bug out and “fail” if you tried to do it while running. Maybe it’s a similar issue? Have you tried coming to a complete stop before hitting your interact key? :o

Just an idea to help you possibly manage.

I was thinking something similar. However, (being a WvW regular, I recognize the familiar feel) this seems to be related to “zerg lag”. When the server is getting crushed by trying to crunch numbers for 80 to the 80th power combat interactions per fraction of a second it starts to lag behind your client’s positional data. It sees you as still running because it hasn’t gotten the “stop moving at X position facing X direction” order yet, but your client knows you stopped and starts playing the “pick up” animation as per your orders, then the server sends an override “hey you can’t pick stuff up while moving” and the client kitten s around trying to figure out how to render this mess to you.

Basically try to do it between the zerg bosses down below….. They really blew it putting the gauntlet inside the pavillion. It didn’t need to be instanced, but it’s own map at least. Dealing with zerg induced server lag on top of crappy camera angles and twitchy boss mechanics prevents me from enjoying this nearly as much as it seems like I should.

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Use stealth before attempting to pick them up.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

in Queen's Jubilee

Bragdras.9572

Use stealth before attempting to pick them up.

Not a fix, nor a way any classes can do on demand or as often as needed in this scenario beside thief.