Please nerf Queen's Gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Korval.3751

Korval.3751

I don’t make these kinds of requests likely. I understand a lot of players are going to flame me for even suggesting such a thing. But hear me out.

The point of Living World is to tell the story, but another big part are the achievements. Most players who participate in LW content want to finish their achievements. And they do this because they know the content is going away in less than a month.

Here’s the difficulty. Queen’s Gauntlet is incredibly frustrating and annoying at best and downright impossible at worse. Not everyone can multitask (Tier 2 Fight 3 Pirates). Not everyone can handle chaotic environments (Tier 2 Fight 2 Kieldia). Not everyone can handle both (Tier 3 Liadri).

You made, according to your manifesto, a game for anyone to play. So regardless of skill people understandably want to get their achievements done. They want to at least finish Queen’s Gauntlet the best way they can.

I propose nerfing or improving the base difficulty. You do not need to nerf to gauntlet conditions, but the actual encounters should be nerfed or improved so that it is challenging and fun, but reasonable for anyone to complete.

I support this after having gotten all the way up to Tier 2, Fight 3. I have no problem with a combination of nerfs and improvements on the core encounters. Something really needs to be done because Queen’s Gauntlet is extremely frustrating for many who are trying to complete their achievements.

Here are a few nerf and encounter improvements:

Halmi Hammerfell: add a more prominent visual cue to his wind-up. Something like what Ettins have.

Doobroosh: add a UI next to Doobroosh target profile that shows a counter for how long his buffs wears off.

Windcaller Kieldia: Either 1. lessen the number of tornados or 2. Lessen the amount of damage she does within melee range.

Suriel the Blazing Light: add a more prominent visual cue to show when she is casting her Solar Flare ability.

Tyre Ragemaw: I think this boss is fine the way he is.

Masticus: I think this boss is fine the way he is.

Salazan: There should be red circles on the ground wherever fire projectiles are located.

The crew of the pirate ship Ravenous: Where to begin on this one. Either:
1. lower the amount of damage they do or,
2. Lower their HP or,
3. Remove the mechanic that restores to full health all mobs after each kill or
4. Remove Stitches and give Master Gunner, Captain Barnicus and First Mate Gaets a small passive health regen (similar to Guardian’s Virtue of Resolve)

(edited by Korval.3751)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

They should nerf it by reviving you every time you fail.

Glorious Human Master Race

in Queen's Jubilee

Korval.3751

I would just like to put the difficulty into perspective.

I thought the Gate of Madness mission in Nightfall was difficult. I thought Glint’s Challenge was difficult. I thought soloing Shards of Orr was difficult. Queen’s Gauntlet is more difficult than all three of these!

I don’t make this statement lightly.

There have been many games I played where the community has collectively asked the developer to nerf the difficulty (e.g. Ulduar [WOW], etc.) and they did. It was amazing how much more fun the content became AFTER the nerf.

Anet you should listen to the community. If most of us are asking you to nerf the difficulty, please listen to us. This is not going to diminish the value of Queen’s Jubilee. If anything it will enhance and make it more fun.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

Queen gauntlet will come again so you can try it again.

Is highly probably you know this but: they created it to be difficult (witch aside of Liandri its not the case for my taste) and separeted the achivments from the Queen Jubile on porpouse.
All people can play the game, but not all the content is aimed to them, Queen Jubile is aimed for more skilled players, as tpvp is for pvp players; jumping puzles are for people that likes to jump, etc.

The only problem comes to the achivment racing people, because they want to be able to get all achivments, even if is painfull for them. Its a shame for all you people, but achivments are something you earn; and needing them and dont be able to get them doesnt mean you cant play the game, you can play it but some content isnt for you.

If you want to be able to be in the achivment race you need normally time for dailies and living story, other case you cant keep up (you earn them for your dedication to the game). So the achivment race excludes people with lack of time. This time around is diferent, it exclude people that arent skilled enough, since normally the achivment race people has a lot of time, some feel like isnt fair. Reality is simple: Rcing for achivments is a play style, but you cant expect all content to be nerfed or changed so you can get your achivments, is going against other players (like someone who lacks time asking for less content so he can keep up the living story achivments, because hes been discrimanting).

You can play the game but isnt mean you will receive the achivments easily. Normally you people try to stay away of WvW or pvp achivment, what will happen if they create one for monthly tournaments winners, you will ask them to quit it or people to play in a less skilled way?.
If you want the achivment earn it. The game has many parts and you can play it, it isnt against the manifesto.

in Queen's Jubilee

Lucius.2140

I would just like to put the difficulty into perspective.

I thought the Gate of Madness mission in Nightfall was difficult. I thought Glint’s Challenge was difficult. I thought soloing Shards of Orr was difficult. Queen’s Gauntlet is more difficult than all three of these!

I don’t make this statement lightly.

There have been many games I played where the community has collectively asked the developer to nerf the difficulty (e.g. Ulduar [WOW], etc.) and they did. It was amazing how much more fun the content became AFTER the nerf.

Anet you should listen to the community. If most of us are asking you to nerf the difficulty, please listen to us. This is not going to diminish the value of Queen’s Jubilee. If anything it will enhance and make it more fun.

Lot of people has fun with Devil May Cry series Hell and Hell difficulty (if they hit you, you die and isnt a slow AoE or mobs mainly), and didnt have that fun with the other difficulties, its just a different player base for that difficulty, thing is it give you achivments too!. If someoen cant keep up with Queen Gauntlet, then isnt for him.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

If you’re a good and skilled player you’d be able to do Queen’s Gauntlet “easily”.
I’ve played this game roughly for 600 hours, less than most so called “casuals” – taking 2-3 month breaks, and I managed to win all fights up until the Liadri with ease – I didn’t even notice that the bosses one hit you.

Personally, for me this is the best Living Story update yet.

Back in the days, on the old consoles – PS1, Sega, I remember trying to win a single boss for weeks, this sure brings back memories, I guess newer generation just wants everything to be handled to them.

(edited by Nick.6972)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

Some people take 10 tries others take 100. If you want it nerfed it means you haven’t tried enough.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Falling to your death. When the player runs out of time is not funny. Even though Anet thinks it is on their livestream.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

in Queen's Jubilee

Korval.3751

You can play the game but isnt mean you will receive the achivments easily. Normally you people try to stay away of WvW or pvp achivment, what will happen if they create one for monthly tournaments winners, you will ask them to quit it or people to play in a less skilled way?.
If you want the achivment earn it. The game has many parts and you can play it, it isnt against the manifesto.

Perhaps you missed the part where I mentioned Gate of Madness, Glint’s Challenge, and Shards of Orr. Those are not cake walks in GW. Gate of Madness for example is “considered one of the hardest in the Nightfall campaign – due to large demon patrols, -15% healing effectiveness, chaos rifts that continually spawn foes, and battles with both the Undead Lich and Shiro Tagachi.”

Needless to say all three require lots of skill. Glint’s Challenge alone took 3 hours of trial and error to find the right build combination for myself and my heroes. I am asking Anet to nerf the content not because the content is difficult but because the content is MORE difficult than Gate of Madness, Glint’s Challenge, and Shards of Orr combined. If you’ve played GW you know how difficult those three are.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sanctus.8350

Sanctus.8350

Not everyone can multitask. Not everyone can handle chaotic environments Not everyone can handle both.

Not everyone is entitled to the achievement, just because it exists.

Achievement
1. The act of accomplishing or finishing.
2. Something accomplished successfully, especially by means of exertion, skill, practice, or perseverance

in Queen's Jubilee

Korval.3751

Some people take 10 tries others take 100. If you want it nerfed it means you haven’t tried enough.

Sigh. Yes I have tried many dozens of times. Actually I lost count the number of times I tried. This is not a skill issue. This is a luck issue and it has to do with the fact that many of the encounters are chaotic, randomized cluster you-know-what. Pretty much the only people who can handle chaotic, randomized cluster-xxx are pro gamers and the top 3% of the player community. This is the same level of player who could only do Naxxramas and Temple of Ahn’Qiraj in vanilla WOW.

The most I did was Molten Core and that was super fun.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

You’re completely selfish if you want this nerfed just because you can’t complete it , how many difficult challenges have us more hardcore players had up until now? not many at all , you guys on the other hand have 98% of pve thats littered with AI that caters to the daft of mind. Think of someone other than yourself for once , the gauntlet is completely fine as is …if you haven’t caught on how to beat certain bosses by now you clearly are repeating the same mistakes.

I suck beyond belief at jumping puzzles , what ever achievement has to do with platforming 9 times out of 10 i’d never get it simply because im horrid at platforming period , you don’t see me running to forums crying nerf. You on the other hand i bet can complete it with flying colors , you cant plow all the content dude even after soo many tries…thats a common misconception. How selfish would i sound if i cried nerf per JP lol? It for sure wouldn’t be a JP left in this game after i get done crying…

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

in Queen's Jubilee

Korval.3751

Not everyone can multitask. Not everyone can handle chaotic environments Not everyone can handle both.

Not everyone is entitled to the achievement, just because it exists.

Achievement
1. The act of accomplishing or finishing.
2. Something accomplished successfully, especially by means of exertion, skill, practice, or perseverance

I think it’s disingenuous and dishonest to release content in such a way that many feel is doable but in fact is intended to only be completed by a small 5% of the community.

Anet should add [ELITE] badges on Achievements to show from the beginning the level of difficult. This way players know they will probably not complete it. At least this would acceptable.

P.S. If there were no repair costs, WP costs, etc. associated with the event I would not have a problem, but you have players spending dozens, even hundreds of gold for this one event alone. I don’t think that’s fair.

(edited by Korval.3751)

in Queen's Jubilee

Korval.3751

You’re completely selfish if you want this nerfed just because you can’t complete it , how many difficult challenges have us more hardcore players had up until now? not many at all , you guys on the other hand have 98% of pve thats littered with AI that caters to the daft of mind. Think of someone other than yourself for once , the gauntlet is completely fine as is …if you haven’t caught on how to beat certain bosses by now you clearly are repeating the same mistakes.

I suck beyond belief at jumping puzzles , what ever achievement has to do with platforming 9 times out of 10 i’d never get it simply because im horrid at platforming period , you don’t see me running to forums crying nerf. You on the other hand i bet can complete it with flying colors , you cant plow all the content dude even after soo many tries…thats a common misconception. How selfish would i sound if i cried nerf per JP lol? It for sure wouldn’t be a JP left in this game after i get done crying…

As I’ve already stated numerous time in this thread, I am comparing the difficulty of this event to being greater than the difficulty of Gate of Madness, Glint’s Challenge and Shards of Orr… COMBINED. If you have never played these before then please be quiet about my skill. If you’ve done them you WOULD know how difficult they are.

This again is not a skill issue. This is a problem with the mechanic of it. Many of the encounters are very random and there’s virtually no feedback to assist you with what’s going to happen. When you’re being targeted by trebuchets or turrets in the regular game you can see the red circle and get out of the way. In these encounters THERE ARE NO RED CIRCLES. How in the world can anyone do this content with something as simple as missing red circles?

(edited by Korval.3751)

in Queen's Jubilee

Lucius.2140

Perhaps you missed the part where I mentioned Gate of Madness, Glint’s Challenge, and Shards of Orr. Those are not cake walks in GW. Gate of Madness for example is “considered one of the hardest in the Nightfall campaign – due to large demon patrols, -15% healing effectiveness, chaos rifts that continually spawn foes, and battles with both the Undead Lich and Shiro Tagachi.”

Needless to say all three require lots of skill. Glint’s Challenge alone took 3 hours of trial and error to find the right build combination for myself and my heroes. I am asking Anet to nerf the content not because the content is difficult but because the content is MORE difficult than Gate of Madness, Glint’s Challenge, and Shards of Orr combined. If you’ve played GW you know how difficult those three are.

Witch is still not difficult enough to other kind of players, thats not difficult to understand. Theres games where you fight things that one shot you, and with normal atacks, they atack often, with a lot of different atacks, and atack in packs, and are much more difficult than Liandri.

Its just for a different type of player, if you cant go and do other part of the game, you want the achivment, earn it!.

in Queen's Jubilee

Korval.3751

Witch is still not difficult enough to other kind of players, thats not difficult to understand. Theres games where you fight things that one shot you, and with normal atacks, they atack often, with a lot of different atacks, and atack in packs, and are much more difficult than Liandri.

Its just for a different type of player, if you cant go and do other part of the game, you want the achivment, earn it!.

I would recommend Guild Wars over Guild Wars 2 to any player who wants something more challenging because they are simply not going to find it in GW2. Queen’s Gauntlet is not all of GW2.

Anet should nerf the core difficulty so that the achievement is possible. Ignoring this Anet is going to end up like Blizzard. They catered to a small but vocal minority about adding more progressively difficult content. Their silent majority eventually started to leave.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: minbariguy.7504

minbariguy.7504

You’re completely selfish if you want this nerfed just because you can’t complete it

Oh really?

TLDR : Nerf thief down ground . They OP too strong for normal classes we need balance.

Lol you whining cause you no longer have perma Sbs , get over it. That nerf was long overdue

So I guess it’s fine when you call for nerfs, but it’s selfish when other people do it? Interesting.

in Queen's Jubilee

Korval.3751

TLDR : Nerf thief down ground . They OP too strong for normal classes we need balance.

Lol you whining cause you no longer have perma Sbs , get over it. That nerf was long overdue

So I guess it’s fine when you call for nerfs, but it’s selfish when other people do it? Interesting.

And I’m not even asking for the nerf for myself. I’m asking for it on behalf of those who either don’t want to ask or would like to do the achievement but find it too difficult. Personally for me it’s more difficult than the previous mentioned missions from Guild Wars. I don’t think that’s being selfish. I’m just asking Anet to make this event’s difficulty reasonable.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

The encounters are perfectly fine, the only thing that needs fixing is the camera, the zerg being underneath and every now and then bugs. Also reviving you automatically would be good.

If the problem is the actual mechanics of the fight, then I’m sorry but those are perfect and one simply needs to get better.

(edited by Celestina.2894)

in Queen's Jubilee

Nick.6972

Stop whining. It’s perfectly doable by all professions as shown in this thread -
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/jubilee/Liadri-Slayer-Club/first

in Queen's Jubilee

Korval.3751

Stop whining

whining:
1. Give or make a long, high-pitched complaining cry or sound.
2. Complain in a weak or irritable way.

I have posted a request and have given my reasons for the request.

in Queen's Jubilee

Korval.3751

The request was directed to Arenanet. You can all stop now. No really. You shouldn’t waste your time any more.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

The request was directed to Arenanet. You can all stop now. No really. You shouldn’t waste your time any more.

In that case you need to send a ticket and we can close the thread.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

what i hate of queen’s gauntlet:

TIMER

Always zerker stuff true?
anything but zerker sucks……..

Will we someday see something that isn t a dps check?

when i saw timer i just completed the tier and quit this stuff……

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Queen's Jubilee

Nick.6972

I won her with Cleric Guardian, no Zerker Gear.

in Queen's Jubilee

Treeline.3865

TIMER

Most of the encounters does not need berserker gear. DPS is also not equal to berserker gear. If you’re however bad at keeping the damage you have up and get downed during the fights, knocked away by tornados, let Chomper eat meat etc etc, (aka ignoring mechanics), don’t expect to get far.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

TIMER

Plenty have beat her without zerker gear.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sugoi Travis.2651

Sugoi Travis.2651

Stop whining

whining:
1. Give or make a long, high-pitched complaining cry or sound.
2. Complain in a weak or irritable way.

I have posted a request and have given my reasons for the request.

Don’t throw the dictionary out when it isn’t necessary. Like another poster said, the mobs you face in Queen’s Gauntlet are perfectly fine. I killed every single enemy (except Liadri and Kieldra) on my first attempt and this is coming from a casual player with only 800 hours of play. Granted, I went to Dulfy.net and looked at the guides before fighting, but I did not want to burn more coin than I needed to since I expected to use a lot of tickets on Liadri.

The only encounters where luck plays a factor is Kieldra and Liadri. The tornadoes are completely random (afaik) and you just have to hope that they don’t come storming down your way while you burst (key word is burst) down Kieldra asap. Liadri is just ridiculously difficult and you’re going to have to eat dirt a lot before you get the hang of it.

For the most part, this is not a sadistic attempt by Anet to screw at least half of the player base. If I can do it, so can you. I’m not a professional gamer or have the skill level where only 3% of Guild Wars 2 can match. I’m just an average Joe.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Warhound.1827

Warhound.1827

I hope anet does not take any requests to nerf the gauntlet seriously. Eventually I hope my skill level will improve to the point where I can complete it After going through a few fights I quickly realized how bad I really am, but getting better every time. If lt were not for challenging content such as this I would probably just skate through pve thinking I know what I’m doing.

in Queen's Jubilee

Treeline.3865

The only encounters where luck plays a factor is Kieldra and Liadri. The tornadoes are completely random (afaik) and you just have to hope that they don’t come storming down your way while you burst (key word is burst) down Kieldra asap. Liadri is just ridiculously difficult and you’re going to have to eat dirt a lot before you get the hang of it.

While I can relate somewhat, you can still dodge between the tornadoes and stability negates them entirely.
Liadri is difficult but by no means random. In fact everything is fixed – The AoE’s are the same every time, so are the pools on the ground (with the exception of the 6 arenas not being entirely even). The pulls can seem a bit random, but you can nearly always rally on them.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: TRoopEr.5364

TRoopEr.5364

Took me 1h to complete all achivments from 0 to 100%.

Had to made different spec for 5 gambits. Very ez. Not challenging enough.

www.guildwars2pro.com – Leagues and tournaments.

www.twitch.tv/qqtrooper34

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sugoi Travis.2651

Sugoi Travis.2651

While I can relate somewhat, you can still dodge between the tornadoes and stability negates them entirely.
Liadri is difficult but by no means random. In fact everything is fixed – The AoE’s are the same every time, so are the pools on the ground (with the exception of the 6 arenas not being entirely even). The pulls can seem a bit random, but you can nearly always rally on them.

That’s true. However you can only dodge so many times to escape the tornadoes and it’s a bit difficult to have easy access to stability. The longer the battle drags out for Kieldra, the more difficult it gets.

As for Liadri being random, I didn’t clarify it too well, but the cosmic rifts were what I was referring to. There were at least 5 times when I got the rhythm down to nailing Liadri and I saw a rift appear on the opposite side of the arena. I couldn’t close the gap in time, got pulled, then got insta-downed by a “nicely” timed aoe. At that time, I didn’t even know you could rally off of the rifts.

Then again, these are just personal opinions. However I would never say that Queen’s Gauntlet was too difficult. It was a much-needed challenge IMO. I don’t usually get a rush of pleasure when I destroy pixels, but I honestly felt like I accomplished something after killing Liadri.

in Queen's Jubilee

As I’ve already stated numerous time in this thread, I am comparing the difficulty of this event to being greater than the difficulty of Gate of Madness, Glint’s Challenge and Shards of Orr… COMBINED. If you have never played these before then please be quiet about my skill. If you’ve done them you WOULD know how difficult they are.

This again is not a skill issue. This is a problem with the mechanic of it. Many of the encounters are very random and there’s virtually no feedback to assist you with what’s going to happen. When you’re being targeted by trebuchets or turrets in the regular game you can see the red circle and get out of the way. In these encounters THERE ARE NO RED CIRCLES. How in the world can anyone do this content with something as simple as missing red circles?

Hmmm maybe i have some type of special vision then because didint once get hit by her black orb skill that falls from the sky you know why? Because i seen the entire area covered in red circles , when i couldnt get out of that area i dodged roll blocked or invulned inside the red circles, once again its a L2p issue and also the deciding factor seems you have poor eyesight.

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

No.
This was supposed to be hard content for people who like such things, that is why the arena achievements are separate form the jubilee achievements.

It is ok not to be able to do everything, I am stuck at Salazan atm but I do not think that Anet should nerf the gauntlet.
Fix the camera and let the npc’s res sure but keep the difficulty as it is, it is nice to see such content in the game

Gunnar’s Hold

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Null.9743

Null.9743

I’d just like to throw in a contrasting opinion. I’m an all Zerk Mesmer so normally the game isn’t very challenging for me. When mobs aren’t distracted by attacking my clones they’re crippled and dying.

The Queen’s Gauntlet is the first thing to genuinely challenge me as a player in quite a long time. In order to beat all the fights and get some of the harder achievements, I was forced to totally re-work my build in ways I never had before.

It showed me new ways to play my class that I hadn’t considered previously. Sure it made me frustrated dying on Liadra over 40 times but it also made me feel close to ecstatic to beat her. A boss fight hasn’t made me feel that accomplished since the first time I killed Mimiron back in WoW.

Not everything should be easy. Sometimes it’s good to have the odds against you.

Oh, and yeah the camera is awful for tall characters. That’s something ANet should genuinely fix.

(edited by Null.9743)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Ridley.3691

Ridley.3691

I agree that certain quality of life stuff should be added or tweaked. For example, they should make tickets cheaper, or make activating gambits free. They should auto-revive you outside the cage when you die, to avoid the WP cost and the long run back. Also obviously fix all the bugs in there and preferably move it into an instance so the zergs downstairs don’t cause lag. Oh, and the camera.

However, I’ve no real problem with the time limit since it adds to the challenge and means you can’t just stack loads of survivability and kite stuff around, which would trivialize some of the encounters. I mean I had masterwork Power/Vit/ConDam gear on my -greatsword- mesmer, I was geared horribly, and I still managed to get upto Liadri. I’m also not a ‘pro-gamer’ by any means, infact I’d say I’m not all that great at the game, it’s just about knowing tactics, luck only factors in when it comes to the tornado sylvari lady and where the norn throws meat (naturally he’d throw it right next to or even -on- his dog when I was after the achievement).

Basically the actual fights themselves (possibly excluding Liadri) are fine, it’s the logistics that breed annoyance.

(edited by Ridley.3691)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Halekto.6247

Halekto.6247

While I don’t agree with everything Korval mentioned I don’t think the fights before Liadri need to be nerfed, I managed to get to Liadri even though I’m colorblind. The Deadeye fight was intense because I had to have people yelling directions in Ventrilo about where to dodge or run around mines (thank God I only spent 4 tickets on that, it was a headache!). I spent at most 4 tickets on any fight getting to Liadri (curse you Strugar for throwing meat directly below Chomper!!). It was a nice challenge slightly changing a build or tweaking something here and there after listening to advice of those who finished the fights.

Liadri though is at best impossible (or exceptionally difficult depending on how colorblind you are) for those that are colorblind. I know I can look up at the black stuff on the ceiling to see where some of that AoE will fall, but honestly the camera sucks so bad in there… The less I have to move my camera in there the better. If they’d fix making the circles possible to see maybe I could do the fight.

How hard is it for ANet to design something that’s not anti-colorblind for a change? It’s frustrating how many red AoE circles I get hit in when they’re on nice green grass (yes, Kuraii… very frustrating, or in the first area of the Super Adventure Box)! Or the Rata Sum fractal with the bright yellow pads against the light blue sky (I have to constantly move camera around and put the yellow pad back against the brown background of the building and jump into what looks like midair to me to freaking move on). ANet please change the color of the AoE damage circles! Or allow us to change the color!! Or have some sort of a colorblind mode I don’t know.

Bottom line: I’m pretty sure they meant for the achievements to be difficult and that’s perfectly fine I welcome it. I just want them to make the arena you fight in more colorblind friendly so that those of us that are colorblind can do it as easily as those with normal vision.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

Nope, it’s perfect the way it is Love the difficulty, very rewarding.

in Queen's Jubilee

Treeline.3865

Then again, these are just personal opinions. However I would never say that Queen’s Gauntlet was too difficult. It was a much-needed challenge IMO. I don’t usually get a rush of pleasure when I destroy pixels, but I honestly felt like I accomplished something after killing Liadri.

Exactly! This is what is so great – We aren’t even neccesarily meant to complete the Gauntlet. Completing it means you are one of the best players to work around odd game mechanics and for (danger of sounding arrogant) less skilled people this should be something to strive for, rather than crying “impossible” or “nerf!”. If you can’t beat it, try figuring out why. Change your build. Change your skills. Try again. Once you beat it you will feel awesome.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Denial Of Service.5732

Denial Of Service.5732

Come ON First challenging content we get in months and you want to nerf it because YOU cant complete it?…

No… NO… NO, there are certain things taht are not meant to be completed by everyone or every Jumping puzzle wouldve been like the one in Lions Arch.

its Challenging content it was stated when they revealed the content that Gauntlet was aimed for skilled players.

if you want it to get it nerfed but clearly it has been completed by several people means that it can be done you are just not skilled and thats fine.

in Queen's Jubilee

Korval.3751

Everyone replying please go install Guild Wars and run Gates of Madness, Glint’s Challenge and Shards of Orr solo and then come back and tell me it was LOLeasy. I guarantee you will not.

I use these three missions as a gauge to tell me how difficult content is in GW2. Queen’s Gauntlet is at a level of difficulty much higher than those three. I am saying nerf the difficulty to be on par with them. Right now it is just mind-numbing frustration and annoyance. I am saying this after having reached Tier 3, Fight 1.

(edited by Korval.3751)

in Queen's Jubilee

Everyone replying please go install Guild Wars and run Gates of Madness, Glint’s Challenge and Shards of Orr solo and then come back and tell me it was LOLeasy. I guarantee you will not.

I use these three missions as a gauge to tell me how difficult content is in GW2. Queen’s Gauntlet is at a level of difficulty much higher than those three. I am saying nerf the difficulty to be on par with them. Right now it is just mind-numbing frustration and annoyance. I am saying this after having reached Tier 3, Fight 1.

That meter of yours is completely incompatible with what you are trying to do. This is GW2 , i can’t compare something hard i did in another game to this one because EVERYTHING is completely different but nice try. Please just try to face the truth , you just aren’t elgible to beat such content because you lack the willpower and desire to , i don’t care how many times you’ve tried ; you admit you’ve quit by coming here complaining. Why the content should be made carebear easy cause someone like you aren’t used to being pushed to the limit in GW2.

(edited by TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586)

in Queen's Jubilee

Lucius.2140

I have beated Liandri and it cant be called difficult if you compare it with other games, try Devil May Cry 3 in Hell to Hell difficulty.

If you said Queen Gauntleti is like the 3 content of GW1 you spoke combined or more difficult, and someone beated Liandri, then they know (by your logic) something much more difficult than that content, witch mean they dont need to go and play GW1 to come to respond you.

So that said it means your own argument against answers is ilogical and irrelevant to your own logic, case closed (in internet that doesnt exist even if something is axiomatic, theres someone posting the same ilogical thing over and over, or new ones comes lol).

(edited by Lucius.2140)

in Queen's Jubilee

Nick.6972

Gate Of Madness was easy, especially with the heroes.
Glint’s Challenge was easy (first part) – soloable.

Shard of Orr? I don’t remember that mission.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Mordoc.5264

Mordoc.5264

discussions like these oddly remind me of diablo 3…
some players were complaining about content being too hard while others said it was fine the way it is and the hardcore players stated everything was too easy.
they ended up implementing an option to scale the strength of monsters up or down manually so everyone could play the game on a difficulty suiting to them personally.

adding such an option would indeed be an idea, then again maybe there would just be too many options to choose from… (which fight, which tier, which and how many gambits, what strength of monsters, … no way ^^)
and people make a valid point about achievements being “downgraded” that way, they fought their way through it the way it is now….making it all adjustable, especially making it easier, would indeed devaluate it.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: minbariguy.7504

minbariguy.7504

If I’m not mistaken, Gates of Madness was fairly difficult at first, until — based on player feedback — it was nerfed. I believe the nerf had something to do with making the environmental effects less damaging. Perhaps someone else can verify this?

Make of that what you will…

in Queen's Jubilee

Nick.6972

Yes, it was quite hard before the skill changes, before EoTN.
Shiro + Lich + Bonus. Good times.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

If I’m not mistaken, Gates of Madness was fairly difficult at first, until — based on player feedback — it was nerfed. I believe the nerf had something to do with making the environmental effects less damaging. Perhaps someone else can verify this?

Make of that what you will…

Hardest part for me was finding capable players, rather than it actually being really hard. The moment heroes came to earth made it like a night and day difference.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: HumaCarrionEater.8254

HumaCarrionEater.8254

Here’s the difficulty. Queen’s Gauntlet is incredibly frustrating and annoying at best and downright impossible at worse. Not everyone can multitask (Tier 2 Fight 3 Pirates). Not everyone can handle chaotic environments (Tier 2 Fight 2 Kieldia). Not everyone can handle both (Tier 3 Liadri).

YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO THE GAUNTLET FOR ANY REASON. It is solely there for those who like a PvE challenge. Not getting the achievements won’t hurt you in ANY way. It is still a GAME anyone can play. That doesn’t mean every single challenge is something every single player can do. What’s so wrong with that? It’s supposed to be hard and if you don’t complete it you miss out on nothing more than a mini and a couple of acheevos.

And frankly if you can’t multitask then you’re SoL. It shouldn’t be easier just because some people can’t do the fights (with the exception of poor accessibility for stuff like colorblind folks). If it were a case of the fights being tied to rewards like treadmill stuff such as better stats and so on I would be one of the first people to shout it down. But you don’t have to do this, not by any measure.

(edited by HumaCarrionEater.8254)