Queen's gauntlet - temporary?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Strejda Tom.6108

Strejda Tom.6108

“Defeating the final boss of Tier 3, Liadri the Concealing Darkness, will reward you with a Mini Liadri the Concealing Dark pet which resembles her likeness. However, only around 8% of the testers at Arenanet have defeated her after several weeks.” – Dulfy.net

So if Queen’s gauntlet is only temporary, GL to everyone on getting the achievements.

Strejda Tom, the last unicorn.
Always remember one thing – your opinion is your opinion not fact.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

I wonder what professions were tested

in Queen's Jubilee

Strejda Tom.6108

Every profession.

in Queen's Jubilee

Gnat.9405

Interesting, I’m going to try on Necro aka slam my face against the wall

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Vewen.8016

Vewen.8016

What, that’s just ridiculous. I’m not against hard content, I welcome it. But at least give people the time and space to complete it on their own terms and within their own free time. I mean, your own testers (who should be really good at the game) can’t do it. How do you expect people to do it, with less time even. If it really is so genuinly difficult, it will stay that way and you can expect that it will remain rare that people can overcome the challenge. Just look at other mmo’s, where only the power creep allows lesser skilled people to overcome really difficult challenges.

Adding insult to it all, apparantly only 6 people can do it at the same time on a server and even that is locked behind getting a ticket. So we got this enormously big challenge that testers can hardly defeat, and that is locked behind limited attempts and all that in 4 weeks. Can’t anyone else see the problem with this?

It doesn’t even fit the entire style of the patch to make it temporary! What’s going to be the explanation? “Oh sorry,we did all this trouble to fill the giant hole in DR and build something new on top of it, but you can only use it for 4 weeks, afterwards we’ll just let ti stay there and do nothing anymore”. Making it an arena that you could gradually add things to would be an awesome feature. Not all this constant temporary pieces you glue to the game and then rip off again.

(edited by Vewen.8016)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

In GW2, the best dungeons and the most promising challenging content disappear after a few weeks, while the old boring content remains for an year.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sardonia.8196

Sardonia.8196

What, that’s just ridiculous. I’m not against hard content, I welcome it. But at least give people the time and space to complete it on their own terms and within their own free time. I mean, your own testers (who should be really good at the game) can’t do it. How do you expect people to do it, with less time even. If it really is so genuinly difficult, it will stay that way and you can expect that it will remain rare that people can overcome the challenge. Just look at other mmo’s, where only the power creep allows lesser skilled people to overcome really difficult challenges.

It doesn’t even fit to make it temporary? What’s going to be the explanation? “Oh sorry,we did all this trouble to fill the giant hole in DR and build something new on top of it, but you can only use it for 4 weeks”. Making it an arena that you could gradually add things to would be an awesome feature. Not all this constant temporary pieces you glue to the game and then rip off again.

I agree. Again, difficult content is fine. But the temporary nature of it will just make it more aggravating then fun. Also keep in mind that you need tickets to participate in the gauntlet and also that the guantlet will have a que system because it is not instanced so people can watch. This means it may take forever just to get do to it.

So difficult content for here for a month – ticket to enter – que to get in (possibily long – unknown for now)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Vewen.8016

Vewen.8016

It doesn’t even fit to make it temporary? What’s going to be the explanation? “Oh sorry,we did all this trouble to fill the giant hole in DR and build something new on top of it, but you can only use it for 4 weeks”. Making it an arena that you could gradually add things to would be an awesome feature. Not all this constant temporary pieces you glue to the game and then rip off again.

I agree. Again, difficult content is fine. But the temporary nature of it will just make it more aggravating then fun. Also keep in mind that you need tickets to participate in the gauntlet and also that the guantlet will have a que system because it is not instanced so people can watch. This means it may take forever just to get do to it.

So difficult content for here for a month – ticket to enter – que to get in (possibily long – unknown for now)

Yes, I just read that now and was editing my post while you were writing your post. But thanks for reminding.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

Guildwars2Hub

As I mentioned briefly at the beginning, the worst part about this content addition is the fact that the Crown Pavillion will only be accessible for a month. I cannot grasp the reason for this as similarly to the Bazaar, it’s some of the best content ArenaNet have made and yet it’s going to be removed once again. Instead players are going to have to rush to participate and complete it. I can understand the Balloons and Beacons being removed as they are temporary celebration items. When it comes to permanent fixtures affecting the world, especially a fixture that is built over the great collapse, I’m struggling to justify any reasoning given.

I fully agree… finally we get some challenging content for solo-players and again it’s only temporary?!? I’m SOOO frustrated at the moment, I don’t know what to say

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Achievements & Rewards

Due to the potential difficulty of Queen’s Gauntlet, its achievements are separated from the Queen’s Jubilee achievements.

I’m not sure quite what this means, but I wonder if it might be around longer/indefinitely? Otherwise I don’t see the point in separating them just because it’s harder.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

Achievements & Rewards

Due to the potential difficulty of Queen’s Gauntlet, its achievements are separated from the Queen’s Jubilee achievements.

I’m not sure quite what this means, but I wonder if it might be around longer/indefinitely? Otherwise I don’t see the point in separating them just because it’s harder.

Separate it because otherwise people will think they need to do those achievements to finish the meta.

It should be permanent though, it makes absolutely no sense not to keep it around. The event system, as long as its rewarding, will have people playing it and then Gauntlet is a solo area. Its not like it will be deserted by the entire player population (*cough Southsun).

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Normally I agree with things being temporary, but in this case I’m not seeing the reasoning for it. The gauntlet looks exactly like the type of permanent content that would be amazing if left in game. Well, we have a month to beg, plead and bribe ANet to maybe, just maybe, reconsider in this one case.

So… ANet, what’cha say… Pwease?

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Why would they even think of making it temporary, if only 6 people can fight at a time. They’re choices are really starting to kitten me off lately. What happened to more permanent stuff…

Guildwars2Hub

As I mentioned briefly at the beginning, the worst part about this content addition is the fact that the Crown Pavillion will only be accessible for a month. I cannot grasp the reason for this as similarly to the Bazaar, it’s some of the best content ArenaNet have made and yet it’s going to be removed once again. Instead players are going to have to rush to participate and complete it. I can understand the Balloons and Beacons being removed as they are temporary celebration items. When it comes to permanent fixtures affecting the world, especially a fixture that is built over the great collapse, I’m struggling to justify any reasoning given.

I fully agree… finally we get some challenging content for solo-players and again it’s only temporary?!? I’m SOOO frustrated at the moment, I don’t know what to say

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Queen's Jubilee

Strejda Tom.6108

Making this temporary gives me the feel that Anet haven’t learned anything..

in Queen's Jubilee

Sardonia.8196

Again the biggest issue I have is first it needs a ticket to particpate in. (which may be easily obtainable often) and secondly only 6 individuals can partipate at a given time. If there are 1000 people waiting to do it, just think how long the que would be.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Hyung.6140

Hyung.6140

Agreed with the consensus here. We’re sick of temporary content, particularly challenging stuff that we’re all crying out for!

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold
[Ub] – My Life for Alesia

in Queen's Jubilee

skullmount.1758

Making this temporary gives me the feel that Anet haven’t learned anything..

And yet they claim to be listening to our wants/feedback.
“gonna make more stuff permanent”—> more temporary content, which is even more difficult than the last (trials), oh, and we’ll make it so only 6 people can try to do the content at a time.

I really wish Anet would give some justification as to why this is temporary. And not some vague reason like the Trials one either.

Darkhaven server

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

it gives me the feeling that they aren’t listening… I mean the press, the players… everyone seems to be against this temporary stuff. They introduced a new zone with the Labyrinth Cliffs. It makes sense that the airship flies away again, but does it make sense that the zone itself disappears? They could add more content to that zone over time like they did with Southsun Cove. Hell, I miss more events everywhere… I thought they’d add such to the whole game after release. Instead we see little new events, the events we see are very basic (kill waves of enemies) like there has been no improvement over time at all.

I’m curious what happens to the crown pavillion after this month. They can’t possibly just take it away, can they? The challenges would have been awesome if players could do them in their own pacing. This just builds a lot of pressure.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in Queen's Jubilee

Parisalchuk.9230

it gives me the feeling that they aren’t listening… I mean the press, the players… everyone seems to be against this temporary stuff. They introduced a new zone with the Labyrinth Cliffs. It makes sense that the airship flies away again, but does it make sense that the zone itself disappears? They could add more content to that zone over time like they did with Southsun Cove. Hell, I miss more events everywhere… I thought they’d add such to the whole game after release. Instead we see little new events, the events we see are very basic (kill waves of enemies) like there has been no improvement over time at all.

I’m curious what happens to the crown pavillion after this month. They can’t possibly just take it away, can they? The challenges would have been awesome if players could do them in their own pacing. This just builds a lot of pressure.

They will just close it, just like the shooting mini game in DR they said was done months before release that has remained closed since before betas.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Token.5098

Token.5098

This can’t be true, can it? It’s such an illogical and extremely bad choice to make this temporary. I welcome hard content but seriously, giving it a time limit just drains all the fun out of it for me.

in Queen's Jubilee

Sardonia.8196

Its temporary content that is supposedly extremely difficult from the way it sounds, that needs a ticket to participate and that only 6 people can do at a given time, which means ques will be extensive.

There are so many barriers to do this that it will not make it fun, but just frustrating. To me difficult content needs to be permanent so everyone has the chance to complete the achievements on their own time.

Temporary contact should be middle of the ground challenging. Enough challenge to make it fun, but also allows for most people to complete the achievements by the time it is over.

Again there are just too many barriers for this to be done. I can only possibily see only a few people completing this prior to it ending in 4 weeks.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: wookiee.4631

wookiee.4631

So the new Pavilion and the Gauntlet have been absolutely confirmed as being temporary? I can imagine the Gauntlet being temp. but not the Crown Pavilion. Why would they fix the Great Collapse just to remove it all again? That’s doesn’t make sense. I’d prefer to hear the answer straight from one of the devs or something.

Guild: Northern Wolf Clan [WOLF]

in Queen's Jubilee

Parisalchuk.9230

So the new Pavilion and the Gauntlet have been absolutely confirmed as being temporary? I can imagine the Gauntlet being temp. but not the Crown Pavilion. Why would they fix the Great Collapse just to remove it all again? That’s doesn’t make sense. I’d prefer to hear the answer straight from one of the devs or something.

Here you go:

All in all the content is solid, with the Queens Pavilion stunning to look at inside. Perhaps I’m not the only one, but I’ve grown a little tired of temporary world objects to interact with (whether they are balloons or effigies) and will likely spend 99% of my time taking part in the Gauntlet or one of the 6 themed sections within the Pavilion, as these look particularly fun and challenging.

http://www.guildwars2hub.com/features/editorials/first-impressions-queens-jubilee

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: wookiee.4631

wookiee.4631

A Very Sad Snip

The horror…the horror…

I guess it’s time to skip another event. Or maybe just go on a long break.

Guild: Northern Wolf Clan [WOLF]

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I’m not strictly against this being temporary, but combined with the fact that only 6 people can play at once, and the fact that I can only log on during prime time means I will probably NEVER get past the queue for this content. That to me is unacceptable.

in Queen's Jubilee

skullmount.1758

Anyone else starting to feel like they’re trying to force us away from the game?

Darkhaven server

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Candacis.7048

Candacis.7048

This is getting ridiculous!
The gauntlet sounds amazing, and I welcome difficult achievement/content, but only for 4 weeks? And on top of that a waiting queue and needed tickets to participate?

What are you thinking? Why are you not listening? We want this to be permanent. We want a chance to enjoy this.

Nothing against seasonal or small and moderate challenging temporary content, but don’t combine almost impossible achievements with temporary content. It takes all the fun away und just leaves frustration.

This gauntlet minigame could be something a lot of players would be interested for months to come, even attract new players or get them to stay.

in Queen's Jubilee

Gnat.9405

Not to mention the fact that it’s a queue system and not instanced. This game is getting terrible.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

So this content is temporary AND difficult, again.

Do ANet never look at my Venn diagrams I post on here?

https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/84325/Untitled-2.png

:’-(

in Queen's Jubilee

Gnat.9405

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I don’t mind the queue system: from what I understood, it gives players a chance to watch other players, which should add prestige to victory. I think that is Anet’s goals, and they’re not bad in theory.

In practise, I’m not sure how well they will work, but I’d say that if the content were to be permanent, I wouldn’t mind the tickets nor the queues. Being temporary AND having all those extra barriers does sounds unfun, however.

Regardless, I’d prefer it to be permanent with tickets, than temporary without them.

in Queen's Jubilee

Gnat.9405

it’s extremely difficult, extremely time-gated, and extremely temporary. Really ridiculous.I’d honestly rather pay a sub than deal with these time gates.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

What we need is some serious organization over this issue. Are people upset enough to really do something about it?

What if guilds and servers got together and organized a “No more temp content pressure!” demonstration in game? Could be a mass gathering in DR, or perhaps an agreed blackout date where people don’t log in for that specific day.

It would only take a portion of the player base to send a significant signal that this kind of thing hakitten a threshold. A dip of a couple hundred thousand players on a weekend day, or enough people standing in one spot on countless overflow servers.

Then again, maybe, like poeple are fond of saying, there’s only a small minority of us here on the forums who are really upset by this kind of thing.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: hplee.2839

hplee.2839

What we need is some serious organization over this issue. Are people upset enough to really do something about it?

What if guilds and servers got together and organized a “No more temp content pressure!” demonstration in game? Could be a mass gathering in DR, or perhaps an agreed blackout date where people don’t log in for that specific day.

It would only take a portion of the player base to send a significant signal that this kind of thing hakitten a threshold. A dip of a couple hundred thousand players on a weekend day, or enough people standing in one spot on countless overflow servers.

Then again, maybe, like poeple are fond of saying, there’s only a small minority of us here on the forums who are really upset by this kind of thing.

We had hundreds of players on reddit urging arenanet not to remove SAB from the game…that worked out great, right?

Orisis Stonehart
Blackgate Militia

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

We had hundreds of players on reddit urging arenanet not to remove SAB from the game…that worked out great, right?

I was thinking a bit larger scale than that, and in game.

But yeah, based on past experience it’d have to be pretty freaking huge to get ANet to really change.