Queen's gauntlet

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Avatara.1042

To clarify we had both QA and our internal core tests go through the content a whole bunch. The QA team focused on making sure that every profession could complete every boss (there are 12) with a reasonable level of skill and gear. The core testers mostly did what they do best and beat the pants off of the stuff we throw at them and tell us whether or not it was hard enough. I feel its worth mentioning that we would schedule tests for an hour or so and some of them would stay all day trying to beat it. But they were having fun, and that’s whats most important to me.

Queen’s Gauntlet is definitely the more challenging side of the Jubilee. That’s why it has its own achievement category and rewards. There’s even a gambit system wherein you can increase the difficulty for a better reward.

It’s not quite like anything we’ve ever done before. I think some of you are really going to have fun with it.

You have a QA department?

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Alleluia.1320

Alleluia.1320

To clarify we had both QA and our internal core tests go through the content a whole bunch. The QA team focused on making sure that every profession could complete every boss (there are 12) with a reasonable level of skill and gear. The core testers mostly did what they do best and beat the pants off of the stuff we throw at them and tell us whether or not it was hard enough. I feel its worth mentioning that we would schedule tests for an hour or so and some of them would stay all day trying to beat it. But they were having fun, and that’s whats most important to me.

Queen’s Gauntlet is definitely the more challenging side of the Jubilee. That’s why it has its own achievement category and rewards. There’s even a gambit system wherein you can increase the difficulty for a better reward.

It’s not quite like anything we’ve ever done before. I think some of you are really going to have fun with it.

You have a QA department?

Cute.

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Is that how you guys tested Candidate Trials T4?

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

There’s even a gambit system wherein you can increase the difficulty for a better reward.

erm.. fractals? :s

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

This sounds so awesome, can’t wait to try and beat each one with my Engi!

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

There’s even a gambit system wherein you can increase the difficulty for a better reward.

Shhhh anet is in denial that Fractals still exists.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Alleluia.1320

Alleluia.1320

Shhhh anet is in denial that Fractals still exists.

Haven’t fractals been half the point of the cutthroat politics storyline?

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

“Not quite like” = mobs have different names and appear in a new map.

Nothing against the new content, no doubt it will be fun. However, the idea that repeating the same 12 boss encounters at higher and higher difficulty* levels is new and different is a bit hard to swallow at this point.

Don’t get me wrong, I am not some delusional gamer who believes game companies should be able to create whole new exciting game types constantly. I’m quite impressed with the amount and quality of content being added in this game.

*=bigger HP pool, harder, more frequent attacks, more CC, more adds, soft “enrage” timers, etc.

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

I’d be interested too if it’s permanent or temporary. The new crafting mats seem to be permanent and there is a merchant who sells stuff for this too (temporary or permanent… I don’t know).

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

Are your testers league pro gamers? Because if this same group tested T4 we’re in for a world of hurt. :<

Hope that lol

You hope the gauntlet can only be done by not playing as it was intended? Ok weird.

He was refering to the testers been pros and so they can pass really hard content that most of the community cant, if you reread hes comment you will notice.
If your reading compresion is still failing, you can read the answer he give me.

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: AnthonyOrdon

Previous

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

Next

Yes, in Fractals you can change a number to increase the difficulty of the Fractals. Gambits are completely different, however, in that you activate a specific condition. For example, completing the challenge without being able to dodge.

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

Yes, in Fractals you can change a number to increase the difficulty of the Fractals. Gambits are completely different, however, in that you activate a specific condition. For example, completing the challenge without being able to dodge.

Ohh, sounds fun Any special rewards for gambits or just better chance at normal rewards?

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Oh that’s super interesting. Thanks for the information!

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

Lol skill it takes for builds and cohesion for COF P1 lmfao you mean the ability to face stomp it easily with ANY group of people who have half a brain and can push buttons?

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Lol skill it takes for builds and cohesion for COF P1 lmfao you mean the ability to face stomp it easily with ANY group of people who have half a brain and can push buttons?

Hm?
It can actually be quite hard if you don’t go with the 4 zerker warriors and a mesmer version

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

Hm?
It can actually be quite hard if you don’t go with the 4 zerker warriors and a mesmer version

It doesnt…

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

thieves laugh at your puny attempts to get rid of dodges.

ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY REMOVE DODGES FROM THIEF.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

hmm will the gauntlet be a permanent feature of divinity’s reach?

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

It may be premature to say this before actually checking the event, but a content that can be beaten by ant profession without dodge rolling doesn’t sound challenging at all.

AFAIK dodge rolling is the only reliable full mitigation on necromancer arsenal. If the gauntlet is still beatable on a necromancer, does it mean that it’s doable just by kiting, or even worse, by face tanking with a good self-sustained build?

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

lordkrall.7241

AFAIK dodge rolling is the only reliable full mitigation on necromancer arsenal. If the gauntlet is still beatable on a necromancer, does it mean that it’s doable just by kiting, or even worse, by face tanking with a good self-sustained build?

Death Shroud?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

Death Shroud?

Death Shroud isn’t exactly full mitigation, it’s more like a second HP pool. It can cover the lack of block/evades up to some degree, but when it becomes the only mitigation tool, you need enemies to not exceed a given damage output threshold and you may open the door to facetanking builds.
A mix of chill-kiting and DS being required could keep the fight interesting, but this no-dodge thing still worries and souns really bad to me.

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Son of a… You got my interest there

Now do the same for all (eventually) the jumping puzzles out there! Griffonrook run is a good start, insanely difficult with the bomb, but doable. Would hope that the steel chest would hold something worthwhile, though

One – Piken Square

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I feel its worth mentioning that we would schedule tests for an hour or so and some of them would stay all day trying to beat it. But they were having fun, and that’s whats most important to me.

I take it one of those staying ‘all day’ to complete it, was testing the Ranger?

Well the Guardian tester had his feet up after half an hour?

How did his/her pet do in the boss fight? End up dead 70% of the fight and on cooldown by any chance?

Sounds interesting anyway…but expect plenty of ‘this is impossible because of x’ threads…

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: deviller.9135

deviller.9135

Anyone know whether Queen’s Gauntlet is temporary or permanent?

I’d like to know this as well. If its going to be hard (which it sounds like it is, which is kinda unfortunate), please make it permanent so we can keep at the achievements.

Says the 1% elitist jerk…

The game is full of easy content so what would be the problem with difficult content once in a while?

Once in a while, yes, but you just got really hard content with t3/4 (which most of us can’t complete now, since we didn’t take advantage of the exploit when it was available).

The only thing which you need keep in mind is what your purpose ? Complete does not mean I need to beat all aetherblades. What you need is kill the plunderers. Now how to do it with a lot of aetherblades around you ? Use range weapon and melee weapon. Use terrain as your advantage (a big stone in that instance is not made for accessory).

Is not killing a single aetherblades chessy strategy ? No. (Same question: Is not killing any single risen while beating priestess of Lyssa chessy strategy ? Of course not).

If you want proper strategy or a group to beat T3/T4: there are a lot. You just need to search them. (keep in mind solo is easier not only due to enemy scale, but also it’s only you in that instance = less chaotic).

Wait…. what ?

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Oh, I don’t like that, I don’t like that at all. I can barely play other games now where I can’t dodge thanks to GW2 combat… not being able to dodge in GW2 could cause me to bleed out the ears. I’ll skip that one, thank you very much!

Will check out others though…

Not being able to dodge… <shudder>… there are some cruel minds working there.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

This makes me really want to try out this new content. This latest update is really looking great. I can’t wait for the 6th.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

Than you guys must not be too good because every COF 1 I’ve done for one I’m an engineer and its been easy everytime along with having any range of classes with me and usually us not being zerker and finish under 10 mins nearly always

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

Hm?

It doesnt…

I’ll agree to this that it doesn’t.. COF P1 is by far one of the easiest dungeon runs there is. Why do you think it’s always farmed.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Avatara.1042

Lack of dodge hurts some classes much, much, much more than others. I hope the oter penalties you can activate even this out.

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

I hope it will actually be any kind of challenge. MMO’s in general lack any kind of solo challenges. A solo player that wants challenges usually has to resort to soloing group events/dungeons/fractals/missions. I hope you added some kind of scaling like in fractals, that raises the bar into infinity to ensure everyone gets a challenge

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

why dont we have a group option for guantlet?

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Xiao Haishou.3691

Xiao Haishou.3691

Ugh. No dodge. What am I supposed to do with a necro, who doesn’t have any invulnerability/stealth/evades/blocks ?

All necro CC’s are pretty much useless because of Defiant and Unshakeable as well, so we have no way to protect against pretty much anything.

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Ugh. No dodge. What am I supposed to do with a necro, who doesn’t have any invulnerability/stealth/evades/blocks ?

All necro CC’s are pretty much useless because of Defiant and Unshakeable as well, so we have no way to protect against pretty much anything.

Which is why they’re optional, we’ll have to wait and see until the content actually hits, but for all we know maybe that particular gambit might be impossible to do with your necro while there might be another gambit that might be easy to do with it.

For exmple (NOTE THAT IF ANY OF THESE ARE REAL IS PURELY COINCIDENCE), having a gambit where all enemies become inmune to conditions would be almost impossible to do with my mesmer (at least without a complete rebuild-re gearing), but if there was another one that enemies are inmune to direct damage wouldn’t impact it too much.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Xiao Haishou.3691

Xiao Haishou.3691

Which is why they’re optional, we’ll have to wait and see until the content actually hits, but for all we know maybe that particular gambit might be impossible to do with your necro while there might be another gambit that might be easy to do with it.

For exmple (NOTE THAT IF ANY OF THESE ARE REAL IS PURELY COINCIDENCE), having a gambit where all enemies become inmune to conditions would be almost impossible to do with my mesmer (at least without a complete rebuild-re gearing), but if there was another one that enemies are inmune to direct damage wouldn’t impact it too much.

Yea but they’re probably going to put achievements for the different gambits, seeing how they put achievements for everything (not getting hit by lasers for AR, not getting hit by the cannon barrage, T1/T2/T3/T4, etc)

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

In testing we ensured that every profession can complete the gauntlet.

More than every profession, I would like to know if players geared for all roles (support and control included) would be able to complete it or only DPS guys or super tanks will be able to finish.

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Yea but they’re probably going to put achievements for the different gambits, seeing how they put achievements for everything (not getting hit by lasers for AR, not getting hit by the cannon barrage, T1/T2/T3/T4, etc)

We’ll wait and see, I guess, not too long now until we find out. So far there have been achievements that one of my characters haven’t been able to do, but I’ve always been able to just ignore them and get the meta with other achievements.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Previous

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

Gambits are optional. There are different gambits, so pick one you can handle.

More than every profession, I would like to know if players geared for all roles (support and control included) would be able to complete it or only DPS guys or super tanks will be able to finish.

If your character is geared and built for supporting others, and you are doing solo content, it’s going to be rough. That being said, having a well balanced character is pretty important; not just for Queen’s Gauntlet but in general. I keep the gear to swap playstyles on my character, and generally a respec is pretty cheap and easy even at 80.

why dont we have a group option for guantlet?

We wanted to build some solo challenge content. There’s plenty of stuff in our game for groups to do if they want challenging content.

(edited by Robert Hrouda.1327)

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

If your character is geared and built for supporting others, and you are doing solo content, it’s going to be rough. That being said, having a well balanced character is pretty important; not just for Queen’s Gauntlet but in general. I keep the gear to swap playstyles on my character, and generally a respec is pretty cheap and easy even at 80.

Ok thanks for the answer. I play support while still doing a very fair amount of damage (not as much as some super DPS builds, but good damage). If it doesn’t work I can always use my secondary tank character, but I hope I can complete it with my main character

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Marcus Greythorne.6843

We wanted to build some solo challenge content. There’s plenty of stuff in our game for groups to do if they want challenging content.

this is awesome Robert I remember people suggesting this once and you (team) deliver again. Is this challenge here to stay (permanent) or only for the event? As I’ve got it the new crafting material is permanent and there is a merchant who sells stuff for this.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

lordkrall.7241

Then you simply need to learn to play with all those gambits if you feel the need to have all achievements.
Achievements are supposed to actually require people to achieve something, which is quite clearly not the case for most of the current Achievement in this game but they seems to be working on adding more.

You don’t NEED to complete all achievements after all.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Yup. People should look up the word “achievement” in their dictionaries.

One – Piken Square

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: seandkiller.8471

seandkiller.8471

Interesting, sounds like it might be similar to the Combat Simulator in ME3.

Course, I’m sure there’s other examples, that’s just what I thought of first.

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ozma.3498

ozma.3498

In testing we ensured that every profession can complete the gauntlet.

Is this the usually kind of testing……….like the one that produced the candidate trials tier 4 mayhem we have right now?

Let us all hope not because that is the first piece of truly badly tested content in all of GW2.

I wouldn’t say that. I’ve participated in every temporary mini-game type of activity since launch, and every single one of them – literally, every last one – has been full of bugs and glitches that never end up getting fixed. They also generally lack the polish you’d expect from a game that has been released to the public, again, no doubt because they are developed so fast and haven’t been tested by players on a public test server like other MMOs. I expect this one to be no different.

ArenaNet wants to surprise players, so they don’t have a public test server. The downside is that new content – mini-games in particular – are always really glitchy. It’s that typical ArenaNet dreamy optimism where the drawbacks of their idealistic goal are ignored to make way for ‘the bigger picture’, even though the end result is often quite frustrating to play.

Like in Aspect Arena where you instantly die at the start of the game, when no enemy players are nearby, just as you run out of the starting point, with nothing in your combat log explaining why it happened, and no animation. Or when the minimap stops showing the Aspect Arena, and instead just shows brown terrain, so you can’t see where the orbs are, etc.

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kinoh.7423

Kinoh.7423

Is this like the Norn Fighting Tournament in Gunnar’s hold in GWEN with gambits?

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Marcus Greythorne.6843

Is this like the Norn Fighting Tournament in Gunnar’s hold in GWEN with gambits?

it sounds more like an open world version of this which would be awesome

In the special Queen’s Gauntlet, you will face increasingly difficult challenges of single-combat against unique bosses. Cheer on your friends or show off your skills to the world. Take a risk with special gambit conditions to earn even more prestigious rewards!

So I’d guess that you have to wait in a queue until it’s your turn. You’ll enter the arena alone while the other players can watch from the outside and cheer you on. It would go with a recent dev-statement that they plan to move away from instanced minigames

(edited by Marcus Greythorne.6843)

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Deluvian.1068

Deluvian.1068

New solo content…awesome! Looking forward to this. This may have been said already, but is it permanent and what are the rewards?

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Marcus Greythorne.6843

This may have been said already, but is it permanent and what are the rewards?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/jubilee/Permanent-Content-Clarification/first#post2541639

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

hmm that one was pretty hard if you didn’t use an abuse build.

(edited by aspirine.6852)

Queen's gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

That being said, having a well balanced character is pretty important; not just for Queen’s Gauntlet but in general. I keep the gear to swap playstyles on my character, and generally a respec is pretty cheap and easy even at 80.

Now, just think how much easier this would be if you could save builds!

Please, please, please, please, please.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes