Reduce "Queen's Jubilee Completionist" to 14

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

Please reduce the “Queen’s Jubilee Completionist” meta-achievement to 14.

The “Pavillion Participant” achievement is impossible to do solo, and the pavilion is currently completely empty (or, at most, has half a dozen players, none of which ever seems interested in that achievement – probably because they got it in the early days), even in high-population servers.

Even after completing every other achievement, players only get 14/16 required for the meta, which means anyone who wasn’t around at the start of the Queen’s Jubilee will be unable to finish the meta-event.

Alternatively, add a new (soloable) event worth 2 points.

- Al Zheimer

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: xvalkyrie.6742

xvalkyrie.6742

There’s usually a daily that will help count up the jubilee living world meta.

I agree with the fact the Pavillion is now empty, wish it wasn’t, but people want to farm the invasions now because you get more. Maybe ask in LA if a group will go with you to the Pavillion, I’m sure you’re not the only one who needs achieves there. Or get your guild to help you out. Good luck! :-)

Valkyrie – [RMPG] Blackgate
Altaholic, can never have just one!

in Queen's Jubilee

Account.9832

There’s usually a daily that will help count up the jubilee living world meta.

In six days (almost three hours online every day), I’ve never seen that. If it’s a world / group quest (and if it’s a daily, meaning it doesn’t repeat), that probably means it gets done by other players several hours before I even log in.

The whole design of the current Living World achievement seems to be aimed at forcing every player to stay on-line 24-7. Did NCSoft make Arena Net’s budget depend on concurrent user connections or something?

- Al Zheimer

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Hmm? You can do the daily whenever you want. It could be a torch run (single player), or representing one of the factions while killing stuff in the pavillion (which is harder now, but can be done in small groups), taking part in the gauntlet (strictly single player), or doing balloon events (easy to solo in low level maps).

You don’t depend on other players, and I definitely don’t see how this means you have to be online 24/7. Or even every day.

in Queen's Jubilee

Account.9832

You can do the daily whenever you want. It could be a torch run (single player), or representing one of the factions while killing stuff in the pavillion (which is harder now, but can be done in small groups), taking part in the gauntlet (strictly single player), or doing balloon events (easy to solo in low level maps).

So, you are saying that doing balloon events, torch runs, etc., will count towards the achievement “Pavillion Participant” ?

Try reading the original post before replying with something unrelated. I have already done all the balloon and torch achievements. In fact, I have completed every tier of every Queen’s Jubilee achievement except “Pavillion Participant”. But maxing out every other achievement only gives players 14 points, and it takes 16 to get the meta-achievement (as mentioned in the original post).

The only events that count towards “Pavillion Participant” are group events done in the Pavillion (i.e., killing the legendary bosses). Which are kind of hard to do when there are only three people around, and two of them are just banging their head into Liadri (or banging their camera into the dome, to be more accurate).

Individual achievements should not require the presence of large groups of players. That’s what guild achievements are for.

- Al Zheimer

(edited by Account.9832)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

You can do the daily whenever you want. It could be a torch run (single player), or representing one of the factions while killing stuff in the pavillion (which is harder now, but can be done in small groups), taking part in the gauntlet (strictly single player), or doing balloon events (easy to solo in low level maps).

So, you are saying that doing balloon events, torch runs, etc., will count towards the achievement “Pavillion Participant” ?

Try reading the original post before replying with something unrelated. I have already done all the balloon and torch achievements. In fact, I have completed every tier of every Queen’s Jubilee achievement except “Pavillion Participant”. But maxing out every other achievement only gives players 14 point, and it takes 16 to get the meta-achievement.

The only events that count towards “Pavillion Participant” are group events done in the Pavillion (i.e., killing the legendary bosses). Which are kind of hard to do when there are only three people around, and two of them are just banging their head into Liadri (or banging their camera into the dome, to be more accurate).

Individual achievements should not require the presence of large groups of players. That’s what guild achievements are for.

Each daily also includes an item related to the LS stuff, they have icons that match the associated LS meta. Well except today but that is getting fixed. => https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Queen-s-Jubilee-daily-missing-1/2728012 So there should be one in around 15 minutes.

in Queen's Jubilee

Account.9832

And which achievement category would those be listed under (if / when the issue gets fixed) ? Under “Daily” ?

- Al Zheimer

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Yes, under “Daily”.
Today’s is Hot-Air Balloonist.

Attachments:

in Queen's Jubilee

Account.9832

Yes, under “Daily”.
Today’s is Hot-Air Balloonist.

I’ve just done that one, didn’t get any points towards “Queen’s Jubilee Completionist”. Maybe it has something to do with the bug fix not applying to the same date, I’ll try again tomorrow.

- Al Zheimer

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Tsubaki.8732

Tsubaki.8732

Correct. The daily achievements apparently are bugged and do NO LONGER count towards the queen’s jubilee completion. I just did the daily hot-air balloonist, and it did not increase my living story completion points.

So I guess I won’t be able to complete this living story, because I won’t be able to do the pavillion achievements due to lack of players and the dailies (which are there to enable solo players to get their 16 points) do no longer count.

in Queen's Jubilee

Account.9832

And, even if they counted, today the “daily” is to do… SIX of the group events inside the pavillion. The ones we can’t even do ONE of, because there are three people in the pavillion at the best of times. /slowclap

- Al Zheimer

in Queen's Jubilee

Pixelpumpkin.4608

The daily is different every day. Most days it is really easy, like “take a balloon ride” (yesterday), “defeat a champion”, “compete in the gauntlet” or “kill 50 things in the pavilion while representing x” (which is still very doable if you pull them in small groups, even without a zerg).

If the daily is broken and doesn’t count towards the meta (it definitely DID count a week ago, before I had finished the meta) then that’s a completely separate issue and you should open a bug ticket or post in the bug sub forum about it.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

And, even if they counted, today the “daily” is to do… SIX of the group events inside the pavillion. The ones we can’t even do ONE of, because there are three people in the pavillion at the best of times. /slowclap

Instead of playing the victim and acting like they are entitled to this achievement, they could organize to get it done.

The pavilion is still there, instead of waiting until someone hands you the achievement by getting players together to clear a few of the bosses, why not try being the player that gets people together? Too much effort and uncertainty?

in Queen's Jubilee

Account.9832

Instead of playing the victim and acting like they are entitled to this achievement, they could organize to get it done.

Oh, thank you! If only I had thought of that!

Wait, I did. I’ve spent most of my “play” time in the last four days jumping between the pavillion and Lion’s Arch, asking for more people to complete the group events. In those four days I got exactly one reply.

It’s not a matter of “playing the victim”, it’s a matter of (bad) game design. Player achievements should be achievable by players (although, naturally, the event should scale if more players are present). If an achievement is designed to require a large group, it should be a guild achievement.

If there really were dailies that counted towards the meta-achievement counter, it would be fine (well, not fine, but at least it wouldn’t “block progress”). But first the daily wasn’t appearing at all, yesterday it appeared and didn’t give credit, and today it consists of six group achievements (the same ones that I can’t even find two more people to do with, because 90% of the players got them in the first couple of days).

The worst part is that the same thing happened in nearly all previous events: achievements that everyone steamrolls in the first couple of days (meaning they aren’t even challenging, let alone real “achievements”), and which become virtually impossible to do for people with Real Lives™, who can’t afford to spend 8 hours a day logged into a game, spamming chat.

- Al Zheimer

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

The pavilion is still there, instead of waiting until someone hands you the achievement by getting players together to clear a few of the bosses, why not try being the player that gets people together? Too much effort and uncertainty?

From what I’ve seen no one is interested in the pavilion bosses any more, the only people there now are running the gauntlet, the invasions are far more profitable than killing two bosses every 10 minutes.

The fundamental problem is that the daily achievement is currently bugged. Instead of blaming the OP for not using his mind control powers to convince other players to switch to less profitable activities you could acknowledge that.

in Queen's Jubilee

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I did, look three posts up.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: P One Gore.2304

P One Gore.2304

It’s been out for a month.

How did you not get the other 2 achievements back when the Jubilee and Gauntlet were the only things available for the Living Story?

Tarnished Coast ~ Crimson Illuminati
Human: Seton Stamos-Thief/Angeni Stamos-Ranger
Norn: Anska Warborn-Warrior

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: cherrie.8907

cherrie.8907

Maybe s/he had a life :o
Holiday for example, nice summer trip.
I agree, the design is unfortunate.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien
“We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills” -Colin Johanson

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

There are enough people complaining on the forums about it that they could just agree on a server to guest on and do it. Of course it’ll be easier for you to find a small problem with my suggestion (like the divide between US and euro) and still feel justified about your complaint instead of getting it done. And tbh “getting it done” is probably not worth the effort for the achievement points, but if you cared that much you could start up a reddit campaign or whatever. Although it is too late now I guess, should have done it 2 days ago instead of complaining on the forums.

That said I hope enough people lacking it gather up today for you all to get it .At least you have the chance, think of the guys that waited with doing Vorrp until this evening, because 6 invasions to even get into the playhouse is going to be impossible at some point, let alone completing the achievements there.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Rainzar.6905

Rainzar.6905

yet they have no guild OR friends that are willing to help them with this achievement at all, how strange. it’s nobody’s fault but their own for putting themselves in this situation, you want to be a loner and play an mmo by yourself then you deal with those consequences if on the other hand if you do 1. belong to a guild or 2. have friends that play also, and NONE of them will help you, once again your own fault for associating with useless people that don’t help.

i’ve had several guildies who have waited til the last minute to do those funhouse achievments, but they got helped by other guildies, why? cos thats what “we” do.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Drage.9816

Drage.9816

yet they have no guild OR friends that are willing to help them with this achievement at all, how strange. it’s nobody’s fault but their own for putting themselves in this situation, you want to be a loner and play an mmo by yourself then you deal with those consequences if on the other hand if you do 1. belong to a guild or 2. have friends that play also, and NONE of them will help you, once again your own fault for associating with useless people that don’t help.

i’ve had several guildies who have waited til the last minute to do those funhouse achievments, but they got helped by other guildies, why? cos thats what “we” do.

When you grow up and will need go to work and will have other duties you will understand how sad is when you pay for something but just don’t have time to complete it because at that time you will need to take additional shift/take care about kids etc. This guy just want to enjoy game and not everyone is lucky to get active guild/friends. I done event on start but now that place is totally empty and even 10 people can’t defeat every boss.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: P One Gore.2304

P One Gore.2304

When you grow up and will need go to work and will have other duties you will understand how sad is when you pay for something but just don’t have time to complete it because at that time you will need to take additional shift/take care about kids etc. This guy just want to enjoy game and not everyone is lucky to get active guild/friends. I done event on start but now that place is totally empty and even 10 people can’t defeat every boss.

Which brings me back to the point that this Living Story event has been out for nearly a month now.

28 days since this event started. You’re telling me that you had absolutely no time whatsoever in 28 days that you couldn’t complete all the events?

Tarnished Coast ~ Crimson Illuminati
Human: Seton Stamos-Thief/Angeni Stamos-Ranger
Norn: Anska Warborn-Warrior