Refund for Gold Find laurels?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

I agree also the magic find infusion will be useless too.

I’m just waiting to see what replaces it....

As long it’s SOME KIND of stat that helps your +team+... I’ll be keeping mine.
...even if it’s only more Vitality, Crit%, or Boon/Condition duration... Or maybe (hopefully) it will be a new Stat modifier that you can only find on foods or unusual Runes?

I bought the Golden Lotus specifically so I could GET RID of most of my Magic Find gear and replace it with stuff like Valkyries and Givers/of_the_monk

(edited by ilr.9675)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Nova.8021

Nova.8021

Yeah, I second the OP. Let’s not pretend people bought the gold find infusion for another reason than dungeon boss drops. I am sure that there is somebody out there who did, but that person does not represent a majority, that much I can guarantee .

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Are you going to delete all the extra gold you have obtained through the gold find infusion in the days/weeks/months you had the infusion equipped?

I didn’t think so. So what makes you think you’ll get a refund for something you’ve already used and benefitted from?

So if Anet suddenly decided to remove crit damage from an item and people said “well then give us a refund” your answer would be “are you going to give back all of that loot your stats helped you get?” Gold find is a stat just like any other stat. I don’t have a single thing with gold find in it, but that doesn’t mean that the people who do have it don’t deserve a refund. They do, and that should be obvious to everyone. Sadly that means it’s very unlikely Anet will even acknowledge those players are alive.

Oh and to head off the people saying I must want a refund too, nope I spend very little time in carebear land.

(edited by GSSBlunaspike.4153)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

Oh and to head off the people saying I must want a refund too, nope I spend very little time in carebear land.

Way to blow your entire post.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

Are you going to delete all the extra gold you have obtained through the gold find infusion in the days/weeks/months you had the infusion equipped?

I didn’t think so. So what makes you think you’ll get a refund for something you’ve already used and benefitted from?

What if it was a recent purchase?

Deal with it.

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Is this still going on?
You can discuss this until the cows come home but it’s not going to make a difference.

Removing silver drops from bosses, making the gilded infusion less desirable, is not the same as removing a stat from a piece of equipment. The gilded infusion will continue doing what it was advertised to do, however removing critical damage from e.g. Berserker armour does change what it was advertised to do. Berserker means +power, +precision, +crit damage. If they’d change that I would agree that a refund would be viable.

As it stands now, there are 4 utility infusions. One giving more karma, one giving more magic find, one giving more experience and finally the gilded infusion giving more money. Now, what I ask all of you who cry murder here, which one would you prefer then?

-> Karma? Most people complain about having too much karma and nothing to spend it on.
-> Experience… eh yea?
-> Magic find will be removed soon, this is known. So don’t even bother with this.

So, you’re saying you’d rather get a marginal increase in karma or experience instead of the extra coppers you get from mobs? And while I type this I realise that each of those resources can get exploited just the same, either for crafting or for orrian boxes, but then it’s still highly questionable if the final profit will exceed the extra gold you’d gathered while doing events for karma or kills for experience.

Despite the fact that the output you had will be diminished due to circumstances changing, the gilded infusion remains as solid a choice as the other two. There will be no refund, there is frankly no solid argument as to why they should.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

(edited by Evans.6347)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Borked.6824

Borked.6824

I’m gonna go ahead and request that my magic find gear and boosters should be refunded too. I used them to get epic lootzorz and haven’t gotten kitten, but I’m an entitled piece of garbage and only play games I can exploit or manipulate through the shrill sounds of my whining. kthx.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: MassDelusion.9130

MassDelusion.9130

You want a refund for something that’s not getting removed. lol…

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Rainu.6871

Rainu.6871

I don’t think the change to the way gold from dungeon bosses work is any reason for a refund but I am curious to see what will happen in the future with the +MF infusion given that Anet have stated that they want to remove MF from gear, then there might be a refund.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

The only rage guys is the Cof Farm runners. All you should know that soon or later, they’ll remove this idiot forever-farm. All rest of game continue working GF very well, so.. no, you don’t deserve any refund, because it continue having it REAL intuit.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Scizzor.8137

Scizzor.8137

“I bought a car to drive me to McDonalds everyday. Now that they closed down the McDonalds I want a refund for my car!”

Actually more like this:

“I bought new tires for my car, but then the manufacturer said they would only last a week. Instead of giving me my money back they said too bad you had a whole week to use them”

………

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

“I bought a car to drive me to McDonalds everyday. Now that they closed down the McDonalds I want a refund for my car!”

Actually more like this:

“I bought new tires for my car, but then the manufacturer said they would only last a week. Instead of giving me my money back they said too bad you had a whole week to use them”

………

False. The tires are still the same. Only fuel doubled in price so you don’t want to ride your car any more.

I’m getting real tired of these false comparisons… Here’s a real comparable real life situation:

“I like fishing and there’s this spot in the local park where there are lots of fish and everyone goes there. So I decide I’m going to buy a new lure to go fish there and catch more.

A week passes and suddenly there seem to be far less fish in the pond. In fact, almost nothing bites any more… Sure there are other ponds, but they are further away from my home and I’d have to put in more effort to get there. Also, it’s unlikely any other pond will have as much fish as this one used to have…

I suppose I’ll go back to the shop and I’ll demand my money back because the lure does not do what it said it would do. For the sake of clarity, let’s assume there’s no right of return of a purchase because I’ve tweaked the lure a bit. Well guess what, the store didn’t give me a refund. Less fish in the pond doesn’t mean my lure doesn’t work after all."

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

(edited by Evans.6347)