To confirm:queen's gauntlet is pointless now.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

I’m kinda glad, I was only doing it for the sake of the fight itself and the achievements. Now that it’s not good farming and is deserted there is far less lag so I finished it today.

but if you want to farm the invasions give a ton of money. I’ve already made 20 gold and I’ve only done a few and are not actively trying to farm.

It’s fortunate I don’t like any of the legendary weapons because I hate farming. I just hope inflation doesn’t get too bad with all these highly profitable events.

(edited by Demented Sheep.1642)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

It goes against the spirit of the game. Playing the game is more important and should be more profitable and Anet agrees

So when are they shutting down the trading post?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

Here’s a tip, stop farming.

Tip for what? Why would anyone not farm?

Here’s a tip, start farming.

It goes against the spirit of the game. Playing the game is more important and should be more profitable and Anet agrees

Anet deliberately took their time to nerf the gauntlet. They were well aware of what was happening. And there’s no “spirit of the game”. Each to his own.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

I’m kinda glad, I was only doing it for the sake of the fight itself and the achievements. Now that it’s not good farming and is deserted there is far less lag so I finished it today.

Same here. Well I finished T1, which was my personal goal. And even got a “gz” from the one other player at my arena (and I’m on a high density server).

It’s fortunate I don’t like any of the legendary weapons because I hate farming. I just hope inflation doesn’t get too bad with all these highly profitable events.

Blasphemy! Burn the Witch! Don’t let the Penguin see this post, even if I do agree with you (Legendaries are legendary only in how much of an item/currency sink they are to make, and how mindlessly people want them regardless of this; oh and they “shiny”).

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Not pointless to those who still need the achievement or enjoyed the boss battles. Not everything is pointless because a few select classes can’t farm it.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Drakkon.4782

Drakkon.4782

Why is it, the moment I learn of a way to make gold, on my trip to get my precursor… It gets nerfed!

“Finally time to start running COF P1!”
NEEERRFFED
“Time to zerg around and farm champion centaurs!”
NEEERRRFFFEEED
“Time to kill Deadeye!”
NEEEERRFED!

I just want to cry…

And yet, I read:

“Time to flood the economy with gold!”
NERFED!
NERFED!
NERFED!

I see a pattern there. Do you see the pattern? ANet does. That’s why they keep nerfing the farms. Figure it out, stop exploiting the game, and maybe they’ll stop nerfing the content. Otherwise you have no one to blame but yourself when they end up nerfing GW2 into WoW.

“People don’t hate Scarlet the way Game of Thrones
fans hate Joffrey. They hate her the way Star Wars
fans hate Jar Jar Binks.”-not a direct quote, but still true.

in Queen's Jubilee

bhagwad.4281

Why is it, the moment I learn of a way to make gold, on my trip to get my precursor… It gets nerfed!

NEEERRFFED
NEEERRRFFFEEED
“Time to kill Deadeye!”
NEEEERRFED!

I just want to cry…

And yet, I read:

NERFED!
NERFED!
NERFED!

I see a pattern there. Do you see the pattern? ANet does. That’s why they keep nerfing the farms. Figure it out, stop exploiting the game, and maybe they’ll stop nerfing the content. Otherwise you have no one to blame but yourself when they end up nerfing GW2 into WoW.

Did it occur to you that Anet wants people to farm and only nerf it after a while as part of a carefully planned time line?

I don’t think you understand what “exploit” means. Why the hell should I care about “the economy”? If the government gives you a tax break do you deliberately not take advantage of it because it might be “bad for the economy”?

We’re all selfish. And that’s a good thing.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

And yet, I read:

NERFED!
NERFED!
NERFED!

Gauntlet farming was an activity that was effectively limited by combinations of player profession and skill. On the other hand, Anet continues to introduce new methods of producing more gold which are accessible to everyone. This includes the minigame rewards, achievement rewards, and champion bags. How many new bags of coins did they implement in the last 2 months alone? If you take the total effect of a few people farming a lot of gold, versus a lot of people farming a little gold, the latter is probably going to affect the economy more, not only by virtue of a larger total amount of gold entering the economy, but also because those people are more likely to distribute the gold across a wider variety of goods, leading to a generalized increase in the price index (i.e. inflation). By contrast, the handful of expert gauntlet farmers seem to report spending the majority of their gold on certain high-value items like those needed for a legendary, which only created a temporary increase in demand for those specific items (which were already high-end items).

In short, if Anet was that keen on stopping inflation, they would have cut the Pavilion rewards, not the Gauntlet rewards. They also could have, and would have implemented daily limits on the Gauntlet during the first 2 weeks, instead of waiting for the new content to arrive. They would not have introduced all these new sources of gold over the past 2 months. They also would not have introduced a new content update that is an inventory-filling loot fest, and which gives significant rewards to everyone on the map regardless of whether you win or lose. So yeah, there is a pattern and your reading is wrong. Every indication is that Anet wants more gold to enter the economy. What Anet seems not to like is the ability for exceptional individuals to be the ones causing it.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

Maybe if people wouldn’t have bragged about the hundreds of gold they were earning and abused it to death, it wouldn’t have been nerfed so badly. The first nerf was a warning, people farmed all the harder, got abusive, etc etc.

I’m not surprised. Bad apples ruined it for all.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

in Queen's Jubilee

Ayrilana.1396

Yeah it’s pretty much the farmers that are to blame. They nerfed Subject 7 because of the farming and they just went on to the next easiest boss.

in Queen's Jubilee

bhagwad.4281

Yeah it’s pretty much the farmers that are to blame. They nerfed Subject 7 because of the farming and they just went on to the next easiest boss.

You expect what? That people not farm?

in Queen's Jubilee

Ayrilana.1396

They were doing it excessively and abusing what they had to have known was not intended. They nerfed Subject 7 rewards because of the farmers.

in Queen's Jubilee

bhagwad.4281

They were doing it excessively and abusing what they had to have known was not intended. They nerfed Subject 7 rewards because of the farmers.

There’s no such thing as “excessively”. Again, what do you expect? That people farm it a few times and then say “Well…that’s enough”? What’s the rational basis of that kind of attitude?

in Queen's Jubilee

Ayrilana.1396

Killing Deadeye repeatedly earning over 20 gold an hour is excessive. As I mentioned before, look what they did with Subject 7.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: kahzee.6042

kahzee.6042

Anet deliberately took their time to nerf the gauntlet. They were well aware of what was happening. And there’s no “spirit of the game”. Each to his own.

I’m sorry I didn’t know u work at Anet and know every intention they have.
Also there is very much a spirit of the game.

in Queen's Jubilee

bhagwad.4281

Killing Deadeye repeatedly earning over 20 gold an hour is excessive. As I mentioned before, look what they did with Subject 7.

And they nerfed Subject 7 yet took well over a week to nerf Deadeye. I wonder why.

Also, you once again haven’t answered my question – “What do you expect?” You really expect me to say “I’ve farmed 10g. Let me hold back and not farm 20.”

Really? Really?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

They didn’t nerf deadeye immediately because they saw what was going to happen. People would just move to ragemaw and so on. As a result, just nerf everything so that no one does any of it.

The funny thing though is, when looking at the average person farming deadeye, they were making maybe 15-25g an hour due to queues. On the other hand, mindlessly zerging was making 10g an hour, and far more people were doing it. People say deadeye was trivial, yet most people were zerging instead. Now with the current event, zerging is just as profitable as deadeye was, not counting thieves and guardians in an arena by themselves. I should probably open my ~500 champion boxes now before they randomly get nerfed over night.

Instead of completely destroying the gauntlet, they should have just put a cooldown on challenging the same opponent and continued nerfing from there. It’s really going to suck when the gauntlet comes back as a major focus point, only to be 80% pointless, since I assume they’ll only add 4 or so bosses (1 tier).

in Queen's Jubilee

Drakkon.4782

And they nerfed Subject 7 yet took well over a week to nerf Deadeye. I wonder why.

Also, you once again haven’t answered my question – “What do you expect?” You really expect me to say “I’ve farmed 10g. Let me hold back and not farm 20.”

Really? Really?

Certainly not. You don’t seem like you have any self-restraint.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: PMilkos.9103

PMilkos.9103

Farming is playing the game. Champion events/Gauntlet etc is part of the game just like doing jumping puzzles, running dungeons, buying and selling on the TP and doing WvW are part of the game.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: fungihoujo.8476

fungihoujo.8476

lol, the game is nothing but farming- Anet has pulled the wool over your eyes good, and all they had to do was promise no stat bonuses from gear (which of course is slowly becoming a lie too with ascended gear). This game is one of the grindiest mmos out there, it’s why almost the entire playerbase is caught up in farming whatever is the new gold maker at the time, and ignoring everything else.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

Yep, as soon as people got their miniature they got the F-2-the-k outta there.

Everyone hates Liadri and hated Liadri. It was stupid and not fun because it was so pontless to make it as hard as they did.

They should’ve made an easy mode for those that just want the cheivs done and get the F out and a hard mode for all the people who ‘’like a challenge’’ .

Are you Shpongled?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

NEEERRFFED
NEEERRRFFFEEED
“Time to kill Deadeye!”
NEEEERRFED!

I just want to cry…

And yet, I read:

NERFED!
NERFED!
NERFED!

My friend, has 13500 + gold, 35000 gems, all 8 characters with commander tags and culural armor, all bag slots and bank slots bought, ALL minatiure SET 1 AND special

AND if that’s not enough

he has 8 precursors in his bank….

New players, players that took their time will never be able to catch up and can’t keep up.

I can’t buy anything from the gemstore, altough I want flutes and kites and black lion keys, but I simply don’t have the money for it. If it was 1g for 100 gems, I could afford that. But it’s not.

The economy is F-2-the-K-ed, just like in GW1, it will never get fixed.

Are you Shpongled?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Shoe.5821

Shoe.5821

All other points aside, it’s really a shame that gambits are pointless now.

I can’t buy anything from the gemstore, altough I want flutes and kites and black lion keys, but I simply don’t have the money for it. If it was 1g for 100 gems, I could afford that. But it’s not.

If gems wern’t expensive in effort terms noone would pay real money for them ;p

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Elstar.7864

Elstar.7864

they should give at least a worthy daily reward, but not… it’s only for one-time achievement now, i guess.

and, well, the economy is already broken.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: kahzee.6042

kahzee.6042

Farming is playing the game. Champion events/Gauntlet etc is part of the game just like doing jumping puzzles, running dungeons, buying and selling on the TP and doing WvW are part of the game.

Doing the same thing over and over is not playing the game.

in Queen's Jubilee

bhagwad.4281

Doing the same thing over and over is not playing the game.

Speak for yourself.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Scoundrel.2139

Scoundrel.2139

Well, it may be useless if you have no fun doing it. I still find it useful.

Veni, Vidi, Victa.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Videtur

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: DreadNatris.5184

DreadNatris.5184

Well, I didn’t like people who were farming deadeye 24/7 , but for me, it was the only fun way to farm some gold with my necro, i only made 50g from him, so i dont think its very bad for the economy. IMO they should have just put something like a limit for one day etc. “150 times for deadeye”, but NO, they destroyed the gauntlet farming….

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Which is hilarious after all the posts they put up saying it was intended.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

These new invasions have far more impact on the economy than deadeye. Look at the gold to gem exchange rate — since the invasion patch the value of your gold has plummeted. The invasions may not be as profitable per person, but far more people are doing them.

in Queen's Jubilee

Drakkon.4782

My friend, has 13500 + gold, 35000 gems, all 8 characters with commander tags and culural armor, all bag slots and bank slots bought, ALL minatiure SET 1 AND special
AND if that’s not enough
he has 8 precursors in his bank….
New players, players that took their time will never be able to catch up and can’t keep up.
I can’t buy anything from the gemstore, although I want flutes and kites and black lion keys, but I simply don’t have the money for it. If it was 1g for 100 gems, I could afford that. But it’s not.
The economy is F-2-the-K-ed, just like in GW1, it will never get fixed.

[morganfreemanasluciasfox]And your solution is to cause the economy to destabilize even further? Let me know how that goes.[/morgangfreemanasluciasfox]

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Just curious, there is NO WAY to make money anymore, right?

That was never the point.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

These new invasions have far more impact on the economy than deadeye. Look at the gold to gem exchange rate — since the invasion patch the value of your gold has plummeted. The invasions may not be as profitable per person, but far more people are doing them.

That might be more because people knew the sale was coming and so stocked up on gems.