Why do Gambits cost Tickets?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Rengaru.4730

Rengaru.4730

I thought Gambits were supposed to increase both risk and reward for the fights in The Queen’s Gauntlet.

However, it turns out you have to spend one Ticket to activate a Gambit, increasing the risk, but not the reward.

• If I defeat a Champion without an active Gambit I get one prize for one Ticket spent.
  • If I defeat a Champion with one active Gambit I get two prize but the chance to fail is higher, and it cost me two Tickets to even try.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

But you also get better loot (higher reward) IF you succeed (higher risk), as well as achievements (additional reward, albeit only once per.)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Last time I checked basic math 2 > 1.

How is that not a higher reward for success?

Yes, the chance you are going to fail is higher, but see, that’s the definition of GREATER RISK. However it appears you are complaining that there is no GREATER REWARD and that is just not true.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Queen's Jubilee

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Well, thing is though, if I spend 2 tickets on 2 normal fights I get 2 normal rewards.

I spend 2 tickets on 1 difficult fight I get 1 better reward… but 2 normal fights are still easier than 1 hard fight.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

oh I didnt know that gambits cost tickets, was wondering why I was burning through them

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Rengaru.4730

Rengaru.4730

Without any Gambit you spend one Ticket try for one Prize.
With one Gambit you have to spend two Tickets to try to get two prizes, but at increased risk.

Well, thing is though, if I spend 2 tickets on 2 normal fights I get 2 normal rewards.

I spend 2 tickets on 1 difficult fight I get 1 better reward… but 2 normal fights are still easier than 1 hard fight.

“1 better reward” being two times the normal reward in this case…
(Again for two times the admittance, so no gain there)

edit:

oh I didnt know that gambits cost tickets, was wondering why I was burning through them

Yeah, I burned 30 Tickets before I realized… It’s my fault for not reading, but the system is pretty strange.

(edited by Rengaru.4730)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Yeah and if you want to deactivate gambits because of some reason you dont get a refund.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sammuilee.5814

Sammuilee.5814

Yes, the chance you are going to fail is higher, but see, that’s the definition of GREATER RISK. However it appears you are complaining that there is no GREATER REWARD and that is just not true.

It’s more like 2=2. As it’s now you can spend 1 ticket to do easy mode and get 1 bag or you can spend tickets to activate gambits to do hard mode, but still ration of tickets spend and reward bags is 1:1, only difference is that with more gambits active you take greater risk of failing.

in Queen's Jubilee

Pixelpumpkin.4608

It’s more like 2=2. As it’s now you can spend 1 ticket to do easy mode and get 1 bag or you can spend tickets to activate gambits to do hard mode, but still ration of tickets spend and reward bags is 1:1, only difference is that with more gambits active you take greater risk of failing.

Spending the same number of tickets without gambits:

• same reward
  • lower risk
  • takes longer
  • better practice
  • no achievements

…. which means it’s really not worth it using gambits, unless:

• you’re going for achievements
  • you’re super pressed for time

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Groonz.7825