All die to come back

All die to come back

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Predator.7321

Predator.7321

Why do we all have to die just to go back to checkpoint….
If someone dies in unreachable spot we all have to die just to get him back
*edit guess what if one party member leaves or dcs all progress is lost we were about 75% of the way and 1 guy leaves for supper all 2 hours lost I hate this dungeon

(edited by Predator.7321)

All die to come back

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Vinny.6924

Vinny.6924

How is this beneficial half my team fell down into oblivion and you expect the rest of us to die just to continue?

Bad design. Very bad idea especially in a dungeon.

Commander Ahria – Warrior – Stormbluff Isle

All die to come back

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Vegas.5790

Vegas.5790

Yeah, I think they forgot about the ‘fun’ part. Listening to a lot of cryers about how content isn’t tough enough, they went for punishing. Not engaging, unique, strategy based… just punishing. But I’m sure someone will complain that isn’t tough enough either.

All die to come back

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Starhawk.2958

Starhawk.2958

This is intended? I kept wondering why I couldn’t rez once I was downed. I hope this is a bug because if it isn’t this is the dumbest kitten they’ve ever done.

All die to come back

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Alberel Leonhart.9640

Alberel Leonhart.9640

They’re trying to get rid of the waypoint zerging seen in all the other dungeons. This actually functions like GW1 where if a players dies they stay dead until the whole group wipes (unless you can rez them).

All die to come back

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: rickets.1386

rickets.1386

They did it because people were crying about waypoint zerging bosses. This is what they came up with. They should have made waypoints but make them not active until the group was out of combat. It works more like a traditional wipe mechanic now.

rickets 80 elementalist
crickits 80 ranger
crickets 80 warrior – current main

All die to come back

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

It would be fine IF they didn’t include the ability to die by falling to your death in an unreachable chasm and had taken full precautions to ensure that no other deaths could leave you out of reach for a revival by party members.

I understand the reason for no waypoints, but am dumbfounded they didn’t realize that that would require some special care on their part to ensure that players would always be left in a position to be revived by surviving team mates!

All die to come back

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: EliteZ.1682

EliteZ.1682

Seriously? Every other game i’ve ever played uses this instead of the pathetic WP zerg which made every other dungeon in this game a complete joke. Fiontar, not sure what you mean but if you’re doing one of the ones that has jumping parts in and you fall off the map, it should teleport you to land and leave you in downed state, atleast it did for the people in my group

All die to come back

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: lotharic.9513

lotharic.9513

But it doesn’t work like that — one person gets blown off a ladder and ends up un-rezable. So you need everyone else to die and incur repair costs. Not gonna happen.

All die to come back

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: WeLoveKanjimari.6725

WeLoveKanjimari.6725

one person gets blown off a ladder and ends up un-rezable. So you need everyone else to die and incur repair costs.

IF that guy fell off a ladder, so can everyone else. Armor is not damaged by falling.

All die to come back

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Grumwulf.9602

Grumwulf.9602

At easy levels you might have people just being left dead for 10 minutes or more while the others 3 or 4 man a boss. But this won’t be possible in later levels. If someone dies then you will all have to die to start over. This is not particularly pug friendly. But I like that, the game really needs an incentive to guild up in my opinion.

All die to come back

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Masterpyro.4310

Masterpyro.4310

Im sorry but don’t be selfish, they don’t have to all die because you couldn’t do it. Either wait til they legitimately wipe because they aren’t able to do it with fewer people, or let them win it without you. You don’t deserve chest items if you couldn’t do it either. This play style makes rezzing strategic. Waypoint zerging doesnt make any sense and makes content way to easy.

All die to come back

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Yaos.4528

Yaos.4528

Im sorry but don’t be selfish, they don’t have to all die because you couldn’t do it. Either wait til they legitimately wipe because they aren’t able to do it with fewer people, or let them win it without you. You don’t deserve chest items if you couldn’t do it either. This play style makes rezzing strategic. Waypoint zerging doesnt make any sense and makes content way to easy.

That’s not how it works, for anybody to res everybody has to die. If somebody ends up in a spot where they can’t be reached then everybody has to die since there’s no way for them to come back. If anybody disconnects or leaves everybody has to leave.

All die to come back

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Masterpyro.4310

Masterpyro.4310

That’s not how it works, for anybody to res everybody has to die. If somebody ends up in a spot where they can’t be reached then everybody has to die since there’s no way for them to come back. If anybody disconnects or leaves everybody has to leave.

By rezzing I mean press F over their body and get them up. Why are people dying in places that can’t be reached? Ive always had my whole team within short bow range..

All die to come back

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

But it doesn’t work like that — one person gets blown off a ladder and ends up un-rezable. So you need everyone else to die and incur repair costs. Not gonna happen.

if that happens its buged (unless thay fall into lava or somthing

but if you fall off a cliff you get moved back to the begaining of the jump if you die your friends can go back to get you

All die to come back

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

I actually prefer it. There is actually a tangible consequence that isn’t rectified simply by clicking the nearest WP.

It’s a nice blend between GW1 where wiping meant starting over and GW2 dungeons where you just click a waypoint and have repairs pretty much whenever you want.

And yes, if someone leaves, everyone has to start over. This will mean your group MEANS something. Grouping with guildies and friends is already occurring more, and pugs that stay the entire time now get to know each other more.

I like it. Not sure about the ascended tier stuff, but I do like the dungeon so far.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

All die to come back

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

As opposed to running a corpse trail because party members can’t stay alive long enough by actually playing the game.

Yes, there are issues with it at the moment like unreachables that need to be ironed out. However, I MUCH prefer this system. I actually care to stay on my own 2 feet now. I can only imagine the rage if this became universal, especially with Magg. Oh, the tears would be delicious.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

All die to come back

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Halcyon.3981

Halcyon.3981

if that happens its buged (unless thay fall into lava or somthing

but if you fall off a cliff you get moved back to the begaining of the jump if you die your friends can go back to get you

When I died falling into the lava at the volcano, my body got moved to the base of the ramp heading back up.

All die to come back

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

Why are people dying in places that can’t be reached?

Why do people ask questions like this? Think about it for more than a second and you’ll have your answer.

And yeah, it’s a pain in the kitten Especially when the built-in anti-fall-teleport doesn’t actually work. Or worse, works against you.

All die to come back

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

I saw someone mention GW1… You couldn’t die in GW1 by falling off a cliff. Therefore there wouldn’t really be occasions when your party members couldn’t “reach you” especially since most Rez skills in GW1 were ranged (and not requiring you to touch the other player).

All die to come back

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

I see zero problems with how it works. We ran into one issue with it today, but it was a player mistake. A group member died at the wrong spot in the dark underwater cavers and got eaten by the pirahnas. We got around it and nailed it on the next try.

They want people to utilize the rezz functions aswell as caring if people get downed.

If you fall down or die to envoirment you lose nothing and get moved to the closest “save” point. It works like falling and dying in the real world, you lose no durability, also you end up downed and not defeated in the fracts, so you can FA to max health.

If a member in your group died from falling he scrwed up and didnt watch his downed debuff, fall too many times and get a too high debuff resulting in you getting defeated and not downed eventually.

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

All die to come back

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

If you fall down or die to envoirment you lose nothing and get moved to the closest “save” point.

Or it doesn’t, and you bug. Considering at least two of the dungeons have “falling” as part of their platforming, it’s simply inexcusable to get knocked down and then disappear until reset.

All die to come back

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

If you fall off a cliff you spawn back downed at the last check point. If this didn’t occur then that is indeed a bug and should be reported.

All die to come back

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Predator.7321

Predator.7321

If you fall off a cliff you spawn back downed at the last check point. If this didn’t occur then that is indeed a bug and should be reported.

Well then I guess it’s a really common bug because that happened to our party like 6 times in one run

All die to come back

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Bones.5762

Bones.5762

I don’t understand what the issue really is, if you have a sub par group at least, this just makes it challenging and fun. It’s better than having super OP bosses that wipes you out continuously so you just waypoint back to zerg him.

Will you help me move?