Disconnected at the final phase! [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Hakurai.9724

Hakurai.9724

Pretty much the same.
After almost 3 hours,the game got really laggy and i got disconnected,managing to log back in just in time to see the Ancient Karka dead and the event finished,with no chest or reward. Really frustrating

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Azelroth.6801

Azelroth.6801

Thanks Martin – I feel somewhat relieved now.

I was really angry and frustrated by the fact that it happened within the last 1% HP of the Ancient Karka and what made it worse is that I know for a fact that that chest was dropping precursors…

Heck I might have had one too if it didn’t do that. Really annoyed but I’m glad you’re working on something that will reward those that were there. Thank you!

Azelroth [MoM] – Methods Of Mayhem
Commander @ Tarnished Coast

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Amber Malachite.8195

Amber Malachite.8195

You can add me to the people who were disconnected during the final part of the final battle and couldn’t log back in.

If the battle had been any kind of fun, I probably wouldn’t be so upset, but between the lag and the ridiculous number of enemies, there was no fun to be had.

Sorry, peoples, but you really need to fix the server problems before your next massive event. Find some way to give people credit for what they’ve done prior to disconnect. And, for heaven’s sake, find another ’can’t log in message’ that doesn’t blame my firewall or router or whatever. It’s not me – not when I was just on – it’s your overloaded servers that prevented me from logging in. You really need a message to indicate that – being told the problem is on my end – when it clearly isn’t – just added to today’s frustration.

I’m not stupid enough to threaten to quit playing – after all the normal game is quite fun – but I’m not sure I want to participate in any more ‘special events’.

Lady Rae – Matron Mother of Madness

John 1: 1-5, 9-14, 16-18

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Willtar.4586

Willtar.4586

I also got disconnected after 2:30 hours of thrilling fighting. Reconnected – different overflow – “Ancient Kara defeated”. Rumors of a chest with good chances of rare loot … not for me, sadly …
Superb event, really, just sad I didn’t get that thrilling moment when you approach the chest …
I GOT A POSSIBLE SOLUTION …
1. I understand you can track people’s doing on your files? Check, and you’ll see I had been fighting since 9:00, completing several of the chain events … same for other people …
2. I DON’T want you to give us rare items, nor precursors directly … please check peoples’s tracks, and just give us the OPPORTUNITY to get them.

—> Can’t you send us a Sealed Chest, same characteristics as the one next to Karka? If I just get blues it will be ok, as far as it had EQUIVALENT chance as Karka’s …

Thanks for reading, and keep up the awesome work! This event was a bold move, and you almost made it to top score! —> You’re still in time to redress …

Take care :-)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Garthy.7521

Garthy.7521

Was really laggy for me all the way through and then to get disconnected right at the end so i can’t get the rewards

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Calixtus.8617

Calixtus.8617

I died just before the Ancient was destroyed. I Way pointed back to Camp Karka and took the long trek back to final event. I missed getting the cut scene but was lucky enough to still get the chest.

My daughter however could not get back on after severe lag issues and loss of connection. I assume that the logon server went down for our area in Europe as we could not logon to GW2 or GW1 or the forums here to post about what was happening and had to resort to facebook to post that there was a problem.

My daughter is obviously upset that she spent 2 and half hours fighting through lag and disconnections to end up not getting the chest.

I was also annoyed that it took so long for Anet to come on here or post in FB or Twitter to confirm that there was an issue.

Bad form

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Maeghan.5164

Maeghan.5164

yeah i was there for beginning.. did a lot of dying & fighting for way over an hour… near the end i got lagged very badly, then got disconnected & could not get in due to log in error, so that i missed all the exp & rewards. hope they do send something in game. i sent them a message about the log in error & no reward. hopefully they make up for it somehow, because i am disappointed & highly irritated right now. at least they are checking into it.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Anthony.8056

Anthony.8056

My mesmer is the reason I didnt get to finish the event or get the chest the skill phase retreat needs to still be fixed and i happen to get stuck right at the end.I played the entire thing rezing ppl by the dozens I deserve my reward.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: ClintonD.8620

ClintonD.8620

If you haven’t seen the news post, here it is: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Disconnect-at-the-end-of-Lost-Shores-Event-Read-this/first#post788769

Those of us who participated but couldn’t get the rewards will be getting them soon. Thank you very much, ANET, I’m sure this’ll be some solace for those who couldn’t finish the event due to disconnection problems.

I only hope that Wintersday will not be as buggy. Please see this weekend as a learning experience, ANET, and make sure the next event go as smoothly as possible. Again, thank you very much.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

After playing through hideous lag for hours to be rewarded with a d/c at the end was horrible.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: kailin.4905

kailin.4905

You really think they will compensate anyone accordingly? The same people who haven’t fixed 98% of this broken issues with this game after 3 months and have lied to its community at every turn…

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Punchy.5694

Punchy.5694

I was also dc’d. Got a crazy siren sound from my speakers and entire game crashed. Had to reinstall to get it to work again. Needless to say I got no chest. Otherwise really cool event, graphically amazing and hopefully the first of many expansion events to come. Keep up the good work, also please give me loot :P

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Lord Funk.1694

Lord Funk.1694

I really hope this includes us who were there almost to the end before getting d/c, then not being able to get back into log-in server and not just those that got the final kill event done and then d/c before looting chest itself.

I’ll be happy to mail screenshots how I was there until like 4/12 gas things exploded even acctually until 9/12 but didnt take screenshot after 4/12 until I d/c.

Lord Funk of HOD/Holy Order of Dragons game Guild (since 1996/97)

http://hod-home.guildlaunch.com

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: tethyr.6513

tethyr.6513

Likewise, incredibly disheartened by the ending. Reached the final fight only to blindly walk into the lava in the chaos and end up underneath, unrezzable. Waypointed to a loading screen that wouldn’t connect. Re-entered the game after 5-10 min, found the Ancient Kraken killed, and no chest – 3 hours of a Sunday gone. Submitted a bug report. Would like the end reward, but more importantly that this sort of thing can’t happen in future events: after investing 2+ hours, there needs to be a way that characters are locked-in to an active instance.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Sylvertongue.5869

Sylvertongue.5869

just wana say i got disconected at last phase and during event all got disconected like 3 times on my server so summing it up i got no rewards. Right at the end serverc hrashes and when i enter it over

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Anastasia.8697

Anastasia.8697

After the pretty negligible reward from the halloween event, and nothing for the first two phases of Lost Shore, I wasn’t able to login for the final event due to the login errors so I missed out on a 20s bag and a BiS accessory.

I hope these will be obtainable somehow to people who were prevented from even taking part in phase 3, not just unable to loot, or repeated in the December event.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: chronubis.7436

chronubis.7436

I was booted from the overflow I was in at the end of the second reinforcement and the other overflows I tried were all complete.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Necrid.2705

Necrid.2705

Its okay, same thing happened with the October event. The solution there was an NPC that still gave out the reward for those who missed it. I imagine this one will be some Consortium or LionGuard NPC that “remembers you from the fight” and wants to “reward you”. Something to that degree. Don’t worry, if you actively participated you should get your rewards.

— Necrid — Ehmry Bay — [TML]/[oG] — Charrdian Main — All Classes
— [Twitch] twitch.tv/necrid2705 — [GW-EN] gw-en.com “Necrid and Chill”

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Sharleen Scoggins.4539

Sharleen Scoggins.4539

I too didn’t get my rewards. My client crashed due to lag right before the end and I couldn’t get back into the instance I was in and missed the rewards … was very disappointing.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Valaer.4073

Valaer.4073

Ditto yet again from me on the dying & hanging on map load, then being unable to get back in until it was too late to get the chest rewards. I had started the chain back at the beach assault so I had been at it quite a long time by then and found it quite frustrating to be denied the finale.

The reinforcements step was just an annoying slog, but I did like some parts of the chain (e.g. the gas chambers – a bit contrived, but a nice concept). The best moment for me was someone pulling an armored-stage karka vet into a crowd of us on the repaired bridge and having it go roly-poly over the lot of us – simply hilarious. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a zerg group steamrolled quite that effectively before.

However the reward lockout plus the bugs which made the intro quests unfinishable until several patches were applied leave me with a bad taste, and this after a somewhat disappointing game balance patch leaves me all the more disheartened.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Reverendp.6857

Reverendp.6857

I had the same problem. Client crashed when we were nearly through the gas vent part of the event so I was very close to the end. However, I didn’t have an issue logging back in, my problem was that each overflow que that I logged into was one that had already completed the event. I couldn’t ever find my way back to the correct instance where my original group was so I never got a chest. The Dev said they will compensate us though but it would just take time. That is usually how it is handled since I would assume they have to check logs for everyone that has made this claim. Otherwise, everyone would be claiming it and getting free loots. I honestly was looking forward to a shot at my precursor or “a” precursor to sell so that I could buy mine. That was my biggest dissappointment about the crash.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: LamanKnight.3650

LamanKnight.3650

Well I am glad to know I am not the only one who had this issue. Honestly it was super lag, and the worst part is how the disconnection happened at the end. Well really hoped this will get fixed, cause it is a sucky feeling not getting anything.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: capitano.1495

capitano.1495

nothing for me either

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Sorry.6741

Sorry.6741

I read the dev post about compensating those who didnt get to loot the chest at the end. – Im just going to comment here that it is going to be incredibly hard to do this without really pissing off a lot of people. -

Please consider these things in your solution: Many players were disconnected early on in the event chain, and were unable to log back in due to several overload factors out of their controll.
Others were disconnected and relogged into overflows where their contribution was registered as zero, eventhough they did participate for hours in their original server.
Others were unable to log in entirely during the last 2 hours of the event due to server loads out of their control.

Its obviously up to Arenanet how they implement their solution here, but I humbly request that you consider more than just which players registered damage on the end boss in your distribution of end rewards, or treat everyone equal as it were. There is really know pretty way to do this.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ame.6503

Ame.6503

D/c is always a bad thing, especially in this event but… apology accepted People don’t forget this is really a HUGE game so sometimes thing can go wrong.

(edited by Ame.6503)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: LeSchpountz.6742

LeSchpountz.6742

Hi,

The same happened to me and another person from my guild.

I died, no one could revive me so i teleported but the game crashed and then impossible to log-in again for many minutes…

I hope you can fix it and that we can receive the deserved reward.

I thank you in advance,

LeSchpountz.6742

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: tasaunders.3746

tasaunders.3746

Thank you for looking into this matter, ANet. That’s all anybody can ask.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Meltapo.8791

Meltapo.8791

yeah.. this was pretty bad.. i am pretty dissapointet i could not do the event properly.. i got disconnectet again and again unitil i gave up trying…. must have been pretty great for the people who could play and did not miss out on all this nice loot

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Slayermarine.5764

Slayermarine.5764

As all of you stated, I had the same thing. Did the event from the start and died at the last fight. I respawned at a nearby waypoint only to get stuck on the loading screen for over 10min. Got disconnected afterwards and was not able to sign in again. No chest, no reward.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Phoenix.8526

Phoenix.8526

I just read the announcement about anet working on a solution for us and I’m happy. I had fun with this event even though it was buggy. I understand that new things can be glitchy and we all have to roll with it. It sucks that I got disconnected and I was disappointed, but the fact that anet is going to try to get us our rewards, that’s pretty cool. I’m more than willing to wait for that.

Thanks Arena Net, you guys rock!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Komamura.6190

Komamura.6190

This really does suck and I am glad to see Anet is going to do something about it. I was stuck in broken Overflows all afternoon and never get to run the event completely.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Tarish.5473

Tarish.5473

Aye, missing the event due to login issues and the abundant lag through out
the weekend are disheartening.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Thuran.7624

Thuran.7624

I am experiencing the same problem.

I made sure to be there an hour ahead of time, I made my way through the entire 2½ hour event from start to finish, only to crash on the final cinematic at killing the ancient karka, and then the login server are down, preventing the option of making it to the loot chest or latching onto a slower event in overflow, meaning I lost ALL rewards from doing it!

Any hope of ArenaNet somehow allowing the players who lost a LOAD of loot from hours of work to recover the loot in question?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: redyakuza.7190

redyakuza.7190

perhaps have a rolling restart? but only one allowance at a chest?

I participated in 2/3 and enjoyed it but login issues forced me to be unable to login and participate in the 3rd. so no event for me

so keep the event going for a day or two, with constant Boss respawns like you do in other areas? please?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Stonecrusher.8527

Stonecrusher.8527

I just want to say that the Halloween event was pretty cool. I liked it a lot.

This event was all around horrible. I like the idea behind it and think it’s really cool to do an event around new content release instead of just throwing it up there, but you guys are just leaving waaay too much room for error and frustration.

In the future if you would try to avoid the following things, I guarantee that it will run so much better:

1) Do not make events where you have to be there for a small frame of time to get something good. Too many people have to work, etc and miss out. At least give an entire day where the event will cycle on a regular basis, otherwise make sure it doesn’t award anything special, and make that abundantly clear BEFOREHAND.

2) Do not have multi-part event quests where the event lasts multiple days and you have to finish the quests on a specific day or you get locked out. Most people do not have time to spend each day of the event doing multiple aspects, and thus it becomes a chore trying to get everything done, and inevitably people won’t realize that they only have a short window to do it. If you want to advance each phase by changing the world, fine, but still allow an alternate method to achieve the same awards until the end of the event series.

3) Let people know roughly what type of awards will be awarded for the events Beforehand, so if they don’t have time to do them, they don’t feel they have to because they are going to miss out on some mysterious uber award. Otherwise people go out of their way to show up and end up disappointed with whatever actual award that’s given, as it’ll never live up to expectations now that they went through such a hassle to be there. This happens often enough, they quit playing period.

4) Let people know beforehand if the events have separate rewards or if you have to complete each phase to get an ending reward. So many of my friends (including my wife) didn’t have much interest in this event because they knew they would be working during the last event, so they didn’t bother much with any of it. Others I knew thought you had to complete phase 1 to do phase 2, and phase 2 to do phase 3. So when phase 1 bugged, they just passed on the whole event.

5) Please for the love of God stop with all the mystery crap. Surprises are good to an extent, but there was waaay too little information provided on what was going on and where you were supposed to be. We should have known exactly where to go for each new phase, well before the event started, and without having to read it on twitter.

Thank you,

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: WarLancer.1492

WarLancer.1492

Happy about the reply from arenanet

I did the 2 phases up to the rock slide… got disconnected
went to another server
did the first mob spawn moved a bit towards the rockslide … DCED
again another server
didnt even make it through the first mob spawns DCED went to work

I would like some pay off for this or it was a massive waste of time for some

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Supervillain.8617

Supervillain.8617

Add me to the list of those who got disconnected during the final moments of the event. Well before that though, enemies simply weren’t rendering or even targetable(culled?), but were still able to down/kill me and everyone around me.

Worse, as a mesmer, without being able to acquire a target, I was left to randomly use Chaos Storm and still couldn’t tell if I was doing anything. After dying often enough that I had completely broken all my worn equipment and repaired using a canister, I started lagging so badly that I couldn’t even use Chaos Storm anymore, and finally disconnected only to be unable to reconnect to the login servers.

This update and event chain has been one long recurring source of disappointment, frustration and anger for me. It hasn’t been fun in the slightest.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: ephimeral.1628

ephimeral.1628

same here, me and my boyfriend hiroaki noizu started lagging as hell like 10 minutes before the event ended. After that, we lost connection just before the boss was killed.
We tried to reenter for…i don’t know, 1 hour maybe? but without success. Our guild mates told us they were seeing us online, but we couldn’t log in. That’s really absurd, since they have dropped soo much stuff, some of them have even changed overflow to open more than once chest. That’s absurd, we played all the chained events and we got nothing, they have played 20 mins and had 2 or 3 chests. I really hope that you will give us what we earned. Because it’s right.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kyma Grey.9410

Kyma Grey.9410

Gotta say, one of h… of an Event! WE need more like these. Anywho, i was too vicitm of the DC, i guess.

Fell below the Ancient Beast-Thingy into the lava, glichted through? and of course i died there. Beast had 50% HP left so what does one do, at those situations ?

a) wait another 5min and ge rewarded, but can not loot (under the map)
b) use waypoint and run back, in time

Went with b) and looks like my contribution was not high enough, because the Lord of the Loading Screen said : NO! You are not welcome here… stuck again, for the 34th time (Loading Screen) -> ALT+F4 -> Login Error -> Once inside, the event was over…

Apparently, there was a chance (minimal) of getting a precursor (according some ppl. on the event).. anyhOo, i hope i get the achievement for completing it or a reward/title, 3h+ with countless wipes and what you get? A kick in …

Darkroom JP Annoyance http://is.gd/erW1Ov
AMD 13.×.beta4 Test http://is.gd/mRomyO

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Fiction.8429

Fiction.8429

Happy to see they are working on a solution thanks guys!!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Shubb.7182

Shubb.7182

I disconnected in final phase as well. I managed to get back in and got the chance to take a couple of items out of the chest before it disappered. Hopefully you guys will do something for everyone who didn’t get the items they were supposed to after the event as it dissapointed a lot of people. On a positive note though, I enjoyed the event itself…had a suitably epic feel about it.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: FraggleBeef.8093

FraggleBeef.8093

Add me to the list I got D/Ced multiple times whilst in the event and received no loot.
Is there any chance of getting it back ?
Thanks if you can help me.

Other than that great event Anet it was really good except for the mass lagg.
Good job guys.

(edited by FraggleBeef.8093)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Zephyranthes.3612

Zephyranthes.3612

In my case, got d/ced while the event was about to finish. When I got back in, I was assigned another overflow server and the event is gone. -.-

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: krs.7520

krs.7520

are you SURE you are pressing F and not clicking the chest? also you need to wait for the cast bar to finish which might be hard to see, my guildie got kicked out but could still open it.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Quentin Fields.1295

Quentin Fields.1295

Got crashed and cant even get in to game back…..

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: coolsaint.6150

coolsaint.6150

Kyma Grey.9410 – I am at the same situation with you. Stuck at WP loading screen and same lava un-rezz-able death.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Zoef.2761

Zoef.2761

Well, I know Arenanet tries to be innovative and that’s why i like this game so much. But after playing GW for 5 years and GW2 since its release, it’s the first time I’m really irritated. This should have been a great weekend and it has left me sitting here with a lot of frustration and irritation. That’s not how i want to spend my weekends or play GW2. The new dungeon is a great idea, but the quest chains were bugged. The events are a great lightshow, took lots of screenshots, but that’s about it. Got dced four times, managed easily to log back in three times but didn’t manage to beat number four. Of course my overflow server had nearly killed end boss when i dced for the fourth time. Took me two hours to be able to log in again. No reward like everyone else.
After all the time i spent this weekend, i have a bad feeling. It should have been the other way around.
Arenanet is very good at creating a hype. Why dont u make your next goal to have servers that can keep up with your ambitions?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Face.7032

Face.7032

Would just like to add my name to the list of those who got DCed and didn’t get to loot :/

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Alnear Leavar.7453

Alnear Leavar.7453

I am one of the unlucky ones too… But seeing that ANet answered and is willing to fix the thing for us, I am a bit comforted. I got to the second reinforcment, my armor destroyed then sadly things stopped working for me. Honestly, I liked the event up until that point even with reinforcments being a bit much and not being get in the game again it made me actually feel bad, even if usually I don’t care for that things much (didn’t care much for being d/c-ed at the boss of one fractal with him having 50% health and us being strong on him). So thanks for looking into it ANet, and being prepared to solve this so we will all be happy.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: UberLander.8326

UberLander.8326

I cant beleive this..

Uber Lander
Black Talons
Blackgate