Disconnected at the final phase! [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Final phase? What final Phase, I was never able to get that far. Even with the wonderful awesome people on the forums helping people get into overflows where the event was still going I never made it past the demolition phase (twice, once a full client crash and then facerolled by the “maintenance” there at the end) so I apparently don’t count as having “participated” and am simply, as they say, SOL.

oooh, and lets not forget the 20+ silver repair bill >.<

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

(edited by ScribeTheMad.7614)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Djinn.5926

Djinn.5926

Just got to the computer since last event night.. Guys, already found a solution to this problem?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: pungkow.3608

pungkow.3608

I was in the pushing back the ancient karka phase. I died very near a waypoint and decided I’d just use that and be right back in the fight. Couldn’t get back in though.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: TheAntiquary.1703

TheAntiquary.1703

All I can do is add my same complaint and hope that Anet can find a solution. I got dc’d/client crash right at the end and after rebooting client couldn’t join my party because the overflow I was in was full. Tried clicking “Join in Server” for 10 minutes hoping to squeeze my way back in. But then I thought to myself, “Why the heck am I sitting here clicking like a trained monkey?”

I don’t really have ill will towards Anet… the event itself was intense and the new zone and FotM are amazing content additions that I’m having lots of fun with. But I hope it’s clear that as a design choice this one-time-only thing hurts players. Why not just have a standing event that can only be instanced once, bound by account?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Xanados.4807

Xanados.4807

so i dont know if anyone has said that from a point of view like mine, but i´ll try do tell it here now:

there are people out there (like me) who dont have the super-NASA-Computer under their table. And i guess there are a lot of people out there who had the same issues like me. my fps were around 5 (!) and i was suffering a constant lag of about 50sec (!!).

So as i started this entire event on sunday, i managed to play for maybe 20minutes. After beeing disconnected several times and even 2 crashes on the client, i had some kind of flashback about the friday event, which was nearly the same experience.

So the sunday-event may be fun, but not for me. After those 20minutes i stopped playing because it wasnt playable for me. hearing now, that this was the only way to aquire some awesome loot makes me kind of sad.

as long as the only way to gain loot on those events is to open a chest at the end, there will be no chance for people like me to claim their loot.

so the question that i am asking me and also Anet is: why is there always only the speak of people having disconnects right before the chest?
What about us who were simply not able to participate at all? Didnt we tried our best as we tried to clear the beach? Didnt we also took part in the events in lionsarch?

i guess if it is possible to see who took part in the last event, then it may also is possible to see who crashed several times during the event and did a ragequit about this! I am feeling like a player 2nd class because my computer ist just not powerful enough to take part in huge events…. besides that i cant see the stuff that all you guys see, i am also left behind in loot.

so this is what i feel what would be great: Why dont send everybody, who hasnt lootet the chest yet, a mail containing a little chest which offers the same loot as the karka-chest did. Or maybe something similar.

i hope that others can understand how i feel and how surely many others feel about this whole thing….

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: biscuit.5091

biscuit.5091

Also I love how they said “we’re going to fix the precursor market issue” and giving it only a temporary solution.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Rin Shian.1932

Rin Shian.1932

I have lost out on the revards as well. Crashed not long before the ancient Kankra went down and never seen the chest. So now I hope that they will figure out some solution as they said they are trying to do in the forum post.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: moonjo.9831

moonjo.9831

Hate to say this but Given ANet’s service records, they probably aren’t going to be ‘mailing’ precursors to people as they were not guaranteed rewards.
“Sorry, you dc, you lose.” – ANet

ps. I got dc’d as well

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: DRayStone.9481

DRayStone.9481

I too was booted at the last of the big battle. I just hope that the GW2 ppl learn from the mistakes of this event and never make them again: bugs with NPCs, a one shot event (the big battle at the end) keeping many ppl from being able to play due to having to deal with real life. The Lost Shores had so much potenial, but failed for so many. Still, I have not lost faith and am looking forward to what is next.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: AldridgeKite.3947

AldridgeKite.3947

I got disconnected and a game crash from all the lag when the Ancient Karka was at about 10% health remaining, I logged back in and got nothing like everyone else who experienced this.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Steveene.4791

Steveene.4791

Ugh, I also was disconnected and didn’t receive my loot, would be grateful if I could get some compensation…

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: roperratt.6917

roperratt.6917

I too played for a couple of hours and got DCed at the end. When I logged back in, it was over and everyone was posting the great drops they got. I don’t remember ever being so mad at a game. I love GW2, but when I spend a couple of hours fighting, and getting killed, rezzing people, and getting killed, rinse repeat, I would like something at the end. I’m not a whiner, I don’t demand that A-net put Dawn or Dusk in my bag, I would just like to think that I didn’t waste a couple of hours of a nice Sunday afternoon. I played the Friday lagfest, I missed the Saturday event because of work. The Sunday event wasn’t as bad for lag as the Friday. But to lose connection at the very end was infuriating. To make things worse, I had to pay the death-tax armor repair bill. The drops I did receive from the running around during the early part did not come close to paying the repair bill.

IGN: Roper the Ratt, Mithril Knight, Sophie the Golden, (TTS), (DTtD), (KCCO), (BANA)
Fort Aspenwood

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: bergdis ironmaiden.4859

bergdis ironmaiden.4859

Oh my favorite part was Anet saying “there is a new build, you will be kicked in……3, 2, 1” Perfect timing to us killing the Ancient Kakra, having the cut scene pop up…..ANET booting us from game (after almost 3 hours) when I was able to get in because of the freaking overloaded servers, I was not in the same overflow as my guildies, got NO CHEST……and realized that Anet got their money, they don’t give a flying patoot. They get their precursors……………but we get lagging, bugged, booted, gaming. GW was fun, I “THOUGHT” they were going to do something as such, maybe add fun stuff like the jumping, swimming, new and improved bosses, etc………………….this GW2 genuinely sux. Very little to do with GW. Anet you put to much in tried to put WoW to shame………and in doing so you ruined the game. GW was FUN……….this SUX!
VERY ANGRY ………………..still, after almost 3 hours and getting booted for a new build, and NO CHEST.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: severedhand.2673

severedhand.2673

Attempt 1 : 1 hr 45 min in the entire server apparently crashes, grrrrrr
Ok regroup reform restart
Attempt 2 : at the fianl phase , woohooo this has been a long night but finally worth it, there is a new build available your game willl restart in 2:30, what!!!!!!!!!!
That was horrible

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

A friend of mine disconnected literally seconds before the final cutscene happened, please don’t come up with a half-baked system where he receives a lesser reward due to his disconnect. He was there for the entirety of the event for approx. 2 hours 15 minutes. He deserves the same loot that I and everyone else got.

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Master Togo.4281

Master Togo.4281

yeah same happen to me at end of lost shores event. just got DC and wasnt able to relog.
and now all rewards gone (no chest & no other rewards).
i did spent like 2 and more hours just to get kicked end of the event? wth

we want this problem to be solved. btw anet, playing gw1 for more then 3 years i never feel to leave gw1. but gw2 i am close to quit this game 4ever due to all the stupid things goin on (lags, dc, bugs, exploits, event not starting at same time etc.)

sorry to say but Guild Wars 2 with all the problems having right now, really sux.
time to go back gw1 or other mmo.

Ingame: King Of Black Gate
Home: Black Gate
Guild: We The Farmers [WTF]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: fireball.7329

fireball.7329

first disconnect on my real server, then i was transfered to the overflow server, with a lot of disconnects i finished my evening with unable to login. this suxs

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Selvae.4301

Selvae.4301

same here got disconnected about at 11pm and tried to relog for about 1,5h hours unsuccesfully. hoping anet is going to fix asap

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: EMAN.6190

EMAN.6190

Same after 2hrs worth of work got d/c or whatever it was. Came back and saw nothing…hopefully Anet resolves the issue.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: BuckeyeMagic.8496

BuckeyeMagic.8496

Shameless plug for an idea I had. I went through about ten pages (TL;DR, but I tried!) looking to see if someone already posted. Please take a look and see what you think here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/lostshores/An-idea-One-Time-Event-completion

It’s an idea to get credit to those that started to participate but couldn’t finish for whatever reason. I see lots of people calling for getting loot in the mail, flat-out repeating the event on all servers, or rolling the event out every 4/6/12 hours, and instancing, but I have only seen one other person post the Fractal idea.

End shameless plug. I hope that Anet can find a way to resolve the issues!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Master Togo.4281

Master Togo.4281

Wasnt able to Relog in game after crash. It said Connection Error. I want anet to give us some rewards for our time, becouse anet u cant give back our time we all spent on this event and DC at end.

Waiting for a replay by ANET

Ingame: King Of Black Gate
Home: Black Gate
Guild: We The Farmers [WTF]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

Last night I and thousands of other players were in the final phase of the Ancient Karka event when ArenaNet abruptly patched the game, giving players 3 minutes to finish the fight before being booted. As soon as I saw the announcement I reasoned that if I dc’d right now and logged back in with the update my group would still be in the overflow and I’d be able to rejoin. At that point, I’d also allow my group to rejoin me, thus we’d still be in the fight.

When I restarted the client I noticed that there was in fact, no patch. Uh oh.

Surely enough, when I logged back in and rejoined the overflow there were dozens of other players wondering what had happened.

ArenaNet had killed the event.

Now I have to wonder, why? They must have known there were players still trying to complete the event, yet they gave no more than a 3 minute notice, ruining hours of rather difficult fighting due to the poor level design and server performance.

As you all know, ArenaNet added a not insubstantial chance for the Ancient Karka event chest to drop precursors. I am now wondering if ArenaNet purposefully killed the event due to some kind of exploit related to the chest, or if the number of precursor drops had reached some internal limit and they had no graceful way to stop more drops without killing the event.

I would voice my true opinion of ArenaNet’s handling of this but it would get the thread killed, so I’m just going to say that I’ve never seen such a poorly handled MMO event in my experience as a gamer. I have spent most of this morning brooding over whether or not to continue playing this game or to move on to something else. I understand that this game is free to play, and from a time vs money perspective I’ve certainly got a good return on investment. However in terms of time wasted and, I hate to say, animosity toward The Power my experience has been an emotional roller-coaster.

The question to me is no longer about whether it’s worth it to play this game, but whether I’m prepared to be burned again by the Next Big Thing that I feel compelled to participate in due to the Gem Store model being a direct link between in game currency and real world money. I have unwillingly linked the value of in game items, and therefore participation in events (especially those with ridiculous rewards like this one) to real money. I find this to be an incredibly insidious marketing device that only adds uneasiness to this whole sordid affair.

In conclusion I, and probably thousands of other players, would like an explanation as to why the event was killed in this manner. Although sadly I doubt such an explanation will be forthcoming, what little good faith I do still have in ArenaNet (and a significant desire for closure) has compelled me to write this.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

I was raging when I got booted after slogging through the event for about 2-3 hours with the end so close. But it’s true theres always someone worse of than yourself after reading the rest of this thread.

If like others I’d suffered through it all again on a second attempt and then got hit with the new build restart I would definetly have uninstalled the game. Ouch!

(edited by Paul.4081)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Zardoz.6283

Zardoz.6283

I was also dc’d during the second reinforcement. Had somewhere around 2hrs. invested at that time. Re-logged and was kicked to another overflow where the event was finished. Tried to re-join my party, but the server was full. And remained full till the event was over. I don’t think I have ever been more frustrated at a game. Don’t think I will get too excited about any other “event” from now on if this is what I have to look forward to. I do think the account bound event completion idea that you guys talked about sounds like a good idea. Shouldn’t be that hard. Anet did it in the Mad King dungeon during Halloween. U could only loot the chests once every 24hrs.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Fingerpin.9843

Fingerpin.9843

I have to agree here.

I’ve always been unlucky with these situations.

So what happened yesterday? Blue Screen of Death in GW2 while the event was going on because of hardware failure which I was only able to fix today as I got home from work. I have never had this issue untill the day…. guild wars 2 does a one time event.

Sour ;(

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Cerediron.3508

Cerediron.3508

The troll award of the year goes to Arena Net.

Attachments:

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: skal.6295

skal.6295

Same here, disconected when trying to port after an unfortunate death in the ramp.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kosmos.3907

Kosmos.3907

Fractals of the Mist was welcomed by many players, but Lost Shores one-time event was just a horrible experience for me.

Like many of you getting D/C, and lagged out of the game client was all I remembered during this weekend. The expectations were high after the Mad King event but ANet should’ve forsaw the influx of players for this event (given that they allowed accounts to invite 3 other players).

Only made it to the explosive part of the hive and died to invisible enemies and D/C’ed. Afterwards I spent a couple hours trying to log back in only to find that the event has ended in that overflow. Overflow hopping + reading forums to see who has active event, shortly after for 1 hour and everything was full.

Luck is luck I suppose but that was not a pleasant experience in GW2 :/

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: WolfLord.9365

WolfLord.9365

PLEASE READ A-NET

As soon as i got home from a full day of work, i hopped onto guild wars for the rest of the night to play my lvl 80 guardian. I spent a good 2-3 hours getting to the boss. Then, right at the end of the battle we get DC’d.

However, we decided to do it ALL over again cause we wanted to complete the event. We made it to the boss AGAIN and then we get a message saying a new build is coming up… We were withing 1 or 2 minutes of killing the boss when the game shut down.

I realize you are going to find some kind of solution for those of us who experienced this, just please be thoughtful in how you will compensate because this was hugely frustrating and a major disappointment. As a die hard fan i rly hope we get a fair reward for our work and frustration. It was made even more upsetting by the fact that we were all enormously excited for the epic loot everyone was getting….

I know this happened to lots of people because that is when i lot of your biggest fans got on right after work/school/other responsibilities for this one time event, only to have it fail TWICE and not for any fault on our end

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ponu.9236

Ponu.9236

I spent two hours doing the event, but then I decided to exit game as it was so massively laggy (this was at the second “Kill the reinforcements”-part). After five minutes I decided to log back in, as I had already worked hours on this event and they would still be killing the same reinforcements, so I wouldnt even miss anything.

But no, the loginservers were down (or something else was up with the Anets network) and I wasnt able to log in. Now I see that people got awesome rewards for it (exotics and precursors), it makes me even sadder that I wasnt able to see the end of the event (and get the loot >_>).

Anet, please make sure that people who spent hours doing the event and didnt get anything, will get atleast something. Make a lootbag that will have the same chances for items as the chest had, and send it to all players who were in the event, but didnt get a chance to loot the chest.

(edited by Ponu.9236)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Winterhound.1942

Winterhound.1942

I also had this happened to me. We were descending up the ancient karka’s lair, I died, went back to Point Lion, proceeded to run back to the lair, then got disconnected. When I got back on, the event was over and I ended up with 0.

Please consider remembering instances for disconnection. My wife wasn’t pleased too.

Thanks!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: DoctorStew.5280

DoctorStew.5280

I dont know what other people think but I believe that Anet owes us more than just the normal loot. not only did we have to come up and demand our rewards we misses the opprotunity to sell out precuesors for their outragious prices and that is a chance i want replaced

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Yervin Thunderrider.5047

Yervin Thunderrider.5047

2,5 h in night whole familly sleeping just me faithfully to the game – ressing, fighting and … watched final on web coz no loot nor fun at the end for me ;/
Seems steping bk after few hits is solution for next events – no lag outside battle – but than again who will kill boss ?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Xerion.8014

Xerion.8014

Got an DC around 21:30 (GMT+1).
After that i could not connect untill next day, have tried untill 23:15 (GMT+1)

Chest reward was awesome and the event ites are a must have. I’m really dissapointed that i didn’t got those. Hope Anet will try to fix it.

Xerion The Fierced – #1 Ranger Extraordinary
“Beautiful, talented and unique.”
Velocity [VcY] – Somewhere roaming on Far Shiverpeaks

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: DynamiteDan.7694

DynamiteDan.7694

I disconnected after the rockslide part and it wouldn’t let me log in Just repeat the event today plz.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Thomas.6527

Thomas.6527

Same here. Just couldn´t connect after the disconnection. Then i went to sleep, got up 6hrs later and managed to log in and find a group of people that knew some friends in an overflow doing the event, managed to get in hoping i could finally finish the event, and then crash again and i had to go to work (for which i already was late). =] Sure its fun with these events but if they give ultradrops and im unable to finish them, that makes me a sad panda.. =/

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: ScornofLife.3109

ScornofLife.3109

I was upset when I did the work the first time sitting through the horrid lag issues and crashes to reach the Ancient Karka fight, only to crash and lose any chance I had of loot. This was upsetting hut in a few hours I hear that it is going on once more, suddenly my hope is renewed!

Again, lag, culling, the event restarting on some overflows again and again for no reason, but I was there, determined to see it through. And I did, my whole group did as far as we could, getting to the Ancient Karka phase and seeing the game update.

I relogged as soon as I saw the message, hoping I could get back in to THAT overflow ion my group and so forth. I did, I got back in game, I was in the right overflow and chat map…but the event was gone. I could see my party members on the map right next to me but they were not there. I actually got shocked into sadness at not being denied the Karka rewards, though I’d patiently sat through the events problems, not once but TWICE. Aggravating and annoying.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Thomas.6527

Thomas.6527

Perhaps just send us an equal “chest” from the event, like how you get when finnishing a map/daily etc.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Soad.7290

Soad.7290

Yesterdays EVENT: On second reinforcement phase, server crash…… nice thanks. Some how manage to get back in. boss is on last phase, rolling to the lava field where he dies, BLAM “new build available you will lose out on you event/reward in 3 min” that is just super lame. thanks for ruining my day.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Zellas.2731

Zellas.2731

i got stuck at loading screen after i had to use waypoint near the end of event, had to restart game and guess what? Log in server failed this makes epic event or me.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: tomlin.8204

tomlin.8204

Hate to say this but Given ANet’s service records, they probably aren’t going to be ‘mailing’ precursors to people as they were not guaranteed rewards.
“Sorry, you dc, you lose.” – ANet

ps. I got dc’d as well

It does make me wonder how they could deal with this mess.
A GM mails someone a precursor = favouritism
No one gets mailed a precursor = unfair

Mail us lotto boxes? A token of some kind? Would both require coding/work. I don’t see how they could do it, besides individually checking every person’s account to see if they were actually there at all, or even trying to log in at the time, and sending them “random” items from the boss’ drop table.

“meta” this, “meta” that. Please stop saying the word “meta”.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Taero.7243

Taero.7243

So…after just finishing the first part of the event, what with Noll being bugged etc. I made it to the end event, in fact I managed to get on the boat just as the first people were heading over so I got to do the taking the island Q’s. Things were looking up! Logged in for the final event (didn’t realise that it was programmed on powerpoint, at least I assume it was what with the 3fps we got at the explosives event, couldn’t even see what we were dying too…have to say that was hilarious though).

Made it all the way to the ancient karka, ran out of money twice for repairs and waypoints (thank you random people who sent me 10s and 2s! Apparently it was bugged or something and I couldn’t respawn at the closest waypoint as I only had 44copper).

Dropped through the stupid floor underneath the karka trying to get into range to shoot and died to lava…twice, and here’s the dumb bit…ran back, managed to get there just as he dropped and…no cutscene, literally everyone around me went into one and I didn’t. I don’t know if there’s some kind of algorithm that determines loots but I ended up with a bunch of level 69 items when people lower level than me got all 80’s and a precursor…which doesn’t exactly seem fair to me as I was their for the entire thing and they turned up for the last bit. I just vendored the trash exotics for some silver, sold the 80 for a few gold (at least more money than I’ve ever had at level 70).

So so badly handled, I really feel for all of you who have had a terrible time and I hope some compensation comes your way. Also who shuts down a server for a build…that couldn’t wait until monday/tuesday?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Sam.6483

Sam.6483

The event felt epic, but here comes the problem. My guild is small and composed of 5 very close real life friends. i bought the game for couple of them and the rest decided to try as well. One of these people is my girlfriend, she is complete noob in any kind of games but she enjoys very much participating in same activities with us.

First we all ported to LS and all exept her got to same overflow, she reloged and ported few times but it didn’t leave her to come with us. Anyway we kept chating and playing next 2.5 hours because her overflow was on about same stage. However when we killed that ancient karka and everybody was exited and linking his loot (one of us was trying last 2 months to colect gold for Zap and it droped for him), she died in the lava and was unresurectable, but the chest showed on the map, so she ported and run back, however the chest was not there anymore. She began crying and said that it was not fair, she felt excluded of the fun just like small child which can only look the rest of her mates getting gift from Santa Claus, etc. We felt bad and send her gifts like exotic gifts, funny weapon skin (happen she disn’t have single exotic piece), but still it felt bad and kind of ruined the fun, 4 of us can’t be happy when the 5th is sobbing and pretending is exited aswell. (we are all middle aged, so it was sad to see woman like that feeling like unfairly punished child).
She will not quit because of us, but somehow this sucked the fun in the game for her. I hope for some e-mailed excuse to her from ANet with something nice, like from the chest what droped.

There you have my 2 cents

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: phototed.6192

phototed.6192

During the first push into the karka’s lair, my client crashed 3-4 times. During the actual attack to push back the ancient karka, another 3 times before I decided that I couldn’t actually “play” the event. By the time I could relog in, the event was already over. Technically I didn’t put in too much time playing because I just couldn’t with all the disconnects.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Lanfairya.9724

Lanfairya.9724

So Anet there’s only one good solution that I can think of to your problem because I highly doubt you tracked all the data necessary to make it 100% fair. Even if you could track the login data and the event data it wasn’t fair to the players who meet the min. requirements but could not get in due to lag and disconnection issues. They tried their hardest to join but could not. For people who did the event and got disconnected -especially those of us who got kicked at like 1:47 am est because you decided to do a new build – we all deserve a reward for our hard work and effort to kill the darn thing. I stayed up way past my normal time knowing I’d be exhausted the next day but I wasn’t going to miss it. My solution: 1 chest per account in the mail with the same chance at exotics, precursors etc. Yes some people will get multiple chests but guess what I talked with someone in the game last night who was farming it up he was on his 4th run! Meanwhile, I talked with people who hadn’t even done it once despite hours of trying. How is that fair? I tried to get the ones who hadn’t done it onto my server but 1. it was full and 2. I was getting disconnects so I kept losing their names so when I finally got back in I couldn’t invite them. So 1 chest per account and an apology to your players with assurances that you will find a way to track who has done the one time event to make it truly a one time event for them and to track who was there during the event in case of disconnect issues mid way through. I’m sure there are ways to “tag” players and keep the “tags” on them even after they disconnect. Also during these large events I think you should allow less people on a server at a time. Yes, you’ll need more servers but people will have a more enjoyable time having a game that’s playable rather than lag fest. Anyways those are my suggestions. I loved the event, it was wonderful, it was fun but only after I put my settings down so low it looked like complete crap. Some guildies got precursors which is awesome for them. But I stayed up super late for nothing, got up early and lucky me my client got sent home from school for being sick so I was able to come home and sleep and I am a bit miffed about all that.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: GadgetArcrep.4680

GadgetArcrep.4680

Add me to the (Ever Growing) list of people who got screwed over by lag and disconnection errors.

Short of it was lagging out and dcing during the “FINISH THEM” stage of the fight. Not the best feeling here, Guildies saw me absolutely gutted once I had regained my connection.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Lemons.9140

Lemons.9140

Pretty much the same as everyone here – two and a half hours in, I dc and was unable to log back in. I wouldn’t have minded not getting the exotics, but I would have liked at least that twenty slot bag! Oh well. kitten happens.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Marzaally.3418

Marzaally.3418

I’ve already sent a message to Anet, but given that I have a 11 month old baby to take care of my time is sparse. I enjoyed the slim bit of peace that I would get while playing this game after a long day of a fussy baby and work. I made arrangements for my daughter to be watched during as much of the event as I could. The buggy Noll issue was very annoying, but I came back the next day and finished it. Yesterday was the one time I could log so many hours on this game at one time and I chugged through the Ancient Karka fight, all of it, for over 2.5 hours, only to be cheated at the end by Anet’s poor planning. I don’t demand the epic items, just some form of compensation for my hard work. My free time is few and far between so it is very valuable to me. So far, thanks for conning me into wasting it on your game.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ellajid.9504

Ellajid.9504

Yesterday I stayed up pretty late to participate in the final phase of the lost shores event. When it finally started I was already tired. The first few parts of the chain were excruciatingly painful. I mean there was a point in the “help the demo squad install bombs” event where our whole freaking zerg died, except for two people (me and another dude called asky or something). It was at the top of the hive where you fight the half a dozen veteren krakas, 20-39 vetren young ones and a freakin champion that just rendered out of no where. I kited the champion down the hive while he rezzed the rest of our zerg. By the end of the event I was ready to face some epic boss and claim my reward, but no. I had to spawn back to beginning of the map where a new event chain had just started. This one was even more mind numbing than the one before it. I mean I enjoyed the parts where you had to throw the tree on top of the boss, and the one where you put the boulders inside the steam vent and the one with the rock slide. But there were two points where you had to fight reinforcements that were just absolutely ridiculous. It literally took ours to get through them, and they were in no way fun. The veterans gave no kill credit, so basically you couldn’t loot them or gain any exp from them, which is quite annoying as they’re actually quite tough to kill (not sure if this is a bug or intended). Forgetting the exp/loot, I thought that at the least all these kraka kills would count towards my monthly progress, but no. Any veteran kill turned out to be a waste of time. All this of course happened in the midst of extreme lags/spikes/render issues. By the time I reached the second reinforcement part I was almost asleep, but tried to keep going. At that point I dced and couldnt log in again (tbh I only tried to log in once, but I was too tired and frustrated to try again). All in all I feel I wasted a lot of time and peace of mind for nothing, which really defeats the purpose of the game and gaming in general.
Points that I’d like to raise now:
1- These long chain events are nice, but they really screw you over if you for any circumstance don’t manage to get to the final one. I mean people who just logged in at the last moment and whacked that stupid ancient a couple of times got their reward, whilst I who spent almost 2.5hours herding the stupid thing to it’s nest like a trained guard dog got nothing. A good work around for this would be to dish out the rewards when completing each part of the chain (maybe in the form of tokens that you later exchange to get to the reward).
2- Having to whack through kraka for hours is not fun. The parts where you had to kill reinforcements was just a bore. It took way to long and gave nothing in return due to lack of kill credit (again not sure whether if it’s a bug or intentional, but in any case it’s horrible).

If you got to here thanks for reading my wall of text. Please leave a comment if you had a similar experience, if not please leave your opinion.

Cheers,

Ellajid [Mesmer X]

Mesmer X – Seafarer’s Rest Pub-Stomper

(edited by Ellajid.9504)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Sinalot.6807

Sinalot.6807

The exact same thing happened to me as the OP. I fought all the way from the beach too. Spent a great deal of time to push that stupid Ancient into the cave. Run up the ramp on the left side only to have some sort of game bug happen which sent a loud noise to my speakers and crash. Log back in, to the overflow of course, and no reward for all the time spent. Normally, it wouldn’t bother me so much, but that long “event” was just a zerg-fest of fortitude. Killing most things twice, especially the two champions at once, kinda sucked as far as excitement. Not really sure why I wouldn’t get an award after all that if you only miss the last minute or less.