Disconnected at the final phase! [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Aurelian Omenkind.2470

Aurelian Omenkind.2470

Seems reasonable to me just to check an account for karka kill count and a flag on whether they opened the chest at the end for those complaining that they got disconnected. This would give you a pretty massive chance on the reliability that a person was participating in the event at least.

As for compensation… I don’t know what would be fair or reliable. Can’t just hand out rares and exotics to everyone who asks for them. I think the bag should be a given, but the other shinies?

I personally would love another crack at the chest without the 2 1/2 hour effort which I’ll never have time for again. (Seriously, my wife was pretty miffed I avoided the family for almost the whole day.)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Jahva.1895

Jahva.1895

Would appreciate a status update for arenanet.

(edited by Moderator)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Aurelian Omenkind.2470

Aurelian Omenkind.2470

Step 1) Make Karka Acce. & Karka Bag & Karka Chest undestroyable.
Step 2) Make NPC in Lions Arch which will warp you to an personal instance map.
Step 3) Check if Account has Karka Acce. or Karka Bag or Karka Chest and at least 1 Level 80 Character.
Step 4) If Yes (Has Bag or Acce. or Chest or doesn’t have an Level 80 Char.) -> Deny Access, else send to Instance.
Step 5) Spawn Event Chest in that Instance so you can loot it.
Step 6) ???
Step 7) Profit

There may or may not could appear more steps during this process, like still everyone is mad, or everyone finds a way to abuse this, or the unlikely one, everyone will be happy.

What about those of us who were upscaled to L80 and would have been able to receive a reward?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: WolfLord.9365

WolfLord.9365

I think they should just bring the event back for another couple days (FIXED) and find a way to let everyone who was unable to do it (and often by no fault of their own or lack of trying) get a shot at it. This is the LEAST A-net can do after all the hype/rewards/disappointment.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: LEGOman.9361

LEGOman.9361

Yep, so very disappointing, DC’d then couldn’t get back into the event due to server being full, and then the event was finished on the overflow I reconnected to.
Missed out on the chest, while I see other people (who I’m glad got to get the loot) posting up their awesome 20-slot bags (10g worth) and Exotics.
At least I got a lovely ‘Jug of Karma’ for my hours of effort in the bug ridden first phases…… o.O

A ‘sorry about that’ isn’t going to cut it this time Anet, for some of us as a lot of our faith for the future of this game is relying on how these types of mess ups are handled.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Garg.6057

Garg.6057

I enjoyed the three hour event, and actually had no issues until the end. Once the Ancient Karka was lying there, I got a prompt to finish it using the “f” key like in pvp. I happily slam the f key to kill the thing, float in the air for about 30 seconds, then receive the wonderful D/C, had to window out of the client and give it a hard boot. Was disgruntled the rest of the night, and eventually had the wife mad because I was in such a sour mood. Then the playstation shut off in the middle of one of her better killstreaks in CoD Black Ops II. As she proceeded to curse our massive first gen PS3 (at least its backwards compatible), I smuggly grinned and went to bed.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: ATC Alpha.4098

ATC Alpha.4098

So do we have an update for those who missed out on the reward? I’d be happy with at least the karka shell bag.

Had an idea to make the karka final boss a mini dungeon with a chest lootable just once.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: eleven.3170

eleven.3170

Glad to read GM Serendipity’s response to my ticket. At least we know they are doing something.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Aemris.6083

Aemris.6083

yeah go go Serendipity go

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Trillistar.4071

Trillistar.4071

One time event makes some sense but not with the level of rewards this one gave. Many were dc’d and/or locked out likely due to so many people playing, free trial where a lot probably used the trial access for alternate accounts even. Taking away rewards as one suggested would be wrong, but availability of reward for people who couldn’t make it for whatever reason would make sense. As with the hat from the mad king event that was made available for peopel who missed due to events outside the game even. Many missed this due to servers inability to handle the traffic and its difficult if not impossible to verify who was blocked by it.
However it should be easy enough to check who recieved rewards or not and provide a means for the rest to recieve them too, per character not account based as the original was too.
After my third character got dc’d and locked out I simply gave up on the event, I like the game but am becoming increasingly disenchanted in what was not ready to be released and is increasingly becoming less functional of a game:(

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: CyberPrime.5107

CyberPrime.5107

Hmm, any word on whats happening with this? Like Trillistar, I gave up myself… but only after trying both my 80’s….. I really WANT to have events and be able to particpate… the key being participate

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kurama.1257

Kurama.1257

I can’t believe they haven’t done anything about this yet

bump

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: KuroKanden.1026

KuroKanden.1026

1k post and still going.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kazuki.6802

Kazuki.6802

I’m not sure if it was a bug, but when we finally did fight the ancient karka last phase, a lot of us fell through the floor and died from lava damage. I tried warping to the nearest waypoint and failed to load the map. It was just on the loading screen for 5 minutes, not doing anything. I relogged and was unable to join my friends on the same server. I really do hope they reimburse us fairly. It took roughly 3 hours to get to that point….

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

So glad I came here and saw this thread. Good to know something is being done about this. I didn’t figure I was the only one, but didn’t realize there were so many.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Lord Funk.1694

Lord Funk.1694

Seems reasonable to me just to check an account for karka kill count and a flag on whether they opened the chest at the end for those complaining that they got disconnected. This would give you a pretty massive chance on the reliability that a person was participating in the event at least.

As for compensation… I don’t know what would be fair or reliable. Can’t just hand out rares and exotics to everyone who asks for them. I think the bag should be a given, but the other shinies?

I personally would love another crack at the chest without the 2 1/2 hour effort which I’ll never have time for again. (Seriously, my wife was pretty miffed I avoided the family for almost the whole day.)

So what about those of us who were there almost to the end before getting d/c, then not being able to get back into log-in server and not just those that got the final kill event done and then d/c before looting chest itself.

I’ll be happy to mail screenshots how I was there until like 4/12 gas things exploded even acctually until 9/12 but didnt take screenshot after 4/12 until I d/c.

Not our fault their log-in servers broke down and couldnt handle log-ins, neither to game or Forums for like 1+ hour after that. We also spent about 2 1/2 hrs just to get cheated out of being there at the end and experince the satisfaction of seeing it fully through plus not getting any reward from chest.

We were there for just as long, we participated, we should not have to do it again, we should be equally rewarded for our efforts as we helped all the way but just couldn’t get back in for the last 1-3 minutes.

Lord Funk of HOD/Holy Order of Dragons game Guild (since 1996/97)

http://hod-home.guildlaunch.com

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: xifter.7839

xifter.7839

While I’m glad my buddies managed to stay connected and get the rewards, I had connection issues and find myself overwhelmed with jealousy. I very much enjoyed the event and wish that I could have stayed in the game to see it through to the finale. I remain hopeful that there is a good way to give credit where credit is due.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Cormac.9374

Cormac.9374

As one who spent my entire afternoon on the final phase event quests only to have connection and waypoint problems at the end, I would love to see a letter on my character’s mail icon with at least the ring and 20 slot karka box. My generous wife is giving me one of her nice armor items from the chest since I did not get to stay connected to open it. I agree that ANet should be able to check to see if one of our characters was participating in every event in the event chain until an abrupt d/c during the final killing phase of the ancient karka. I have never complained before, but I made a special effort to spend the afternoon at this event and then to have it ruined at the very end was disappointing, to say the least.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Arch.8061

Arch.8061

ANet is always making these kind of simple errors. They are thinking too deep into one idea and cannot balance the interest of everyone. It is obvious that they wanted to decrease the price of precursors, but they fear of giving out too many precursors as well that would screw up the market.

From what I read ppl are suggesting very good ideas to solve this:

- Account bound the chest.
- Run several times the same event. Not a ONE TIME event. No this is very bad causing very bad lag and disconnect issues and unfair to people from different time zones. This is absolutely true no one can argue with that.

The worst thing is chest gives out precursor that’s the major MISTAKE. I know what the programmers are thinking they just want to make it easy for themselves just to lower the price on the market because a one time event dropping precursors is much easier to work with rather than having to discuss about where to give out precursors.

ANet seems to focus on what they WANT to do more than knowing how to balance out what WILL happen. It is very dumb to design a game if you do not look at the players. This is your biggest error ANet.

Look at FoM, its a totally BS dungeon. Its not a thread about FoM but I just want to say its so dumb can’t even believe ANet make something like that.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: belarki.7385

belarki.7385

So I spent 2.5 hours on the event, was disconnected and then sidekicked to a different overflow server missing the rewards, just like 99% of the other posters here. My question is, do I need to lodge a ticket in-game, or will ANet be able to check the server logs, and verify that I contributed to the event that way (I hope so as I was there from the very start right up to the end of the exploding vent phase).

I do NOT want to re-run the event. I just want to be rewarded equally to everyone else who ran it and did get the chest.

:(

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: lagermeister.4397

lagermeister.4397

I thought I was really unlucky getting disconnected, but looking at all these posts I definitely wasn’t the only one….did the chest drop everyone a 20 slot bag??

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: ClanTzimisce.1269

ClanTzimisce.1269

Yes. The Chest gave not only rewards such as Exotics or precursors, but also a Karka Box, and inside of it is a 20 Slot bag, and an accessory.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Krylancelo.4807

Krylancelo.4807

yes and imagine im one of the few who couldnt log back in. due to server side problems.
finally made it back after over an hour,event was over and my party got çhest . so sad

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: locky.8512

locky.8512

really feel unlucky i stay awake for 3am in morning for the last event, and run phase 1,2 and 3 for nothing, after ancient karka die, chest spawn, before i can loot that chest GW2 client already crash, and when i login back already in diffrent overflow, i hope they working something for this….

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: FEMC.1843

FEMC.1843

just make new, better stats legendary and giving out the 20slots bag and karka shell acc so no one would bother how many precursor others have for an inferior legendary

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Anthony.8056

Anthony.8056

Well I teleported inside of a rock because of a bugged skill phase retreat right when they were driving the karka back to that cave 9/12 of the vents had been destroyed by the time i would have gone to that far waypoint it would be over and I could’t even get back to the game because of being stuck on the load screen.I want my reward I was there for hours from the begining and my arms were starting to hurt.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ebony.7524

Ebony.7524

I’m glad to know ANet is handling the problem. I was extremely disappointed after having used 2 and a half hours only to get stuck in the loading screen, because I stopped to heal someone on the way down and then got killed by ads. After having to do a relog, I was thrown to an overflow where the chest was gone (but from what I can read here, it would probably have been gone even if I managed to get back on the main server).

Now I’m just waiting to know what the decision will be. I personally don’t want to go through the entire Karka scenario again – it was fun, sure, but once was enough for me. A mail with a bit of loot would be just fine with me.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: AjoraOaks.3659

AjoraOaks.3659

I was rather disappointed with the lag/dc issues in general for the event, I think if Anet can’t handle bringing us the event without lag/bugs/dc issues then they should forget the whole one-time deal.

If this was such a large-scale issue they shouldn’t be working on a solution to do hand outs but rather just let people (considering oceanic time zones really got hurt by this especially) get a chance to do this event again and possibly ENJOY it. All they’d have to do is keep the zone active, re-run the event for a day every 2-3 hours or something, limit chest in some manner, maybe shorten that reinforcements phase, and watch people praise them for doing something that let everyone have a fair chance.

Well, it’s just a thought.

(edited by AjoraOaks.3659)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: WolfLord.9365

WolfLord.9365

I think we should all be able to do it again and just get a chance to open the chest like everyone else who it actually worked for. we put in the same amount of work, we deserve the same loot odds at least, not even to mention the trouble it caused many of is who tried it multiple times only to have it fail again. Many hours wasted in frustration and disappointment.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Arch.8061

Arch.8061

Hey why don’t they even put in an achievement for the completion of one time event so people will HATE ANET MORE LOL.

Put aside all that loots and rewards, people from different time zones just want to PARTICIPATE IN THE EVENT but they will never able to, NOT anymore. That’s what make people so sad.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Dnopser.9108

Dnopser.9108

There aren’t even that many people playing this game that the servers couldn’t handle it. Coding issues I suppose. For a game like this i can understand that it’s one big mess, witch will take years to clean up, if they even bother or the game doesn’t die.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Obly.9243

Obly.9243

Reading* all that DC, Event stuff, I got youtube to see what sorta happend, after 25 minutes of trying to even log in, I gave up.

I couldn’t even get into the game for 25 minutes, then once it did, game crashed after 3 minutes.

Honestly if ANet would simply send all the rewards that had to miss out cause of technical difficulties, the 20 slot bag would be much appreciated, other then that, I don;t see what the fuss is about with the drops with everyone.

Just sad I couldn;t participate in the event at all.

wtf…skyham….all is vain

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Hott Bill.1524

Hott Bill.1524

Seriously, I got disconnected, and couldn’t loot the chest. And it’s nice how I play 500 hours of GW2, and some kid who plays 50ish hours gets a dusk (free legendary). Bull.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Rudi.9230

Rudi.9230

My Ancient Karka Story :
1.0. When i do the event ancient karka just before enter the cave…. game crash ~_~‘’
1.1. I relogin and try to come to ancient karka event…. but i died and….. i go to WP…
2.0. Then the loading screen come… i wait 5 minute then close the gw2 from task manager
2.1. Then come new patch ~_~’’

sigh why you this one time event like this anet ~_~
the one time event before on hallowen much better you should not make one time event like this anymore ~_~

and just like before some ppl who can’t do event (atend the party) must give chance to got his/her reward (witch hat)

Jade Quary
Kneel Before Us [IMBA]
Pisces Rudi – Mesmer

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kilroy.4976

Kilroy.4976

Seems that the story I have is pretty similar to everyone else. DC’d a lot bounced between overflow server to events in different stages. I don’t even know if I have any kill records caused he lag was so bad. Eventually fell asleep at my desk cause I was going nowhere and didn’t get anything after effectively wasting 2,5 hoursr of my life

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

I signed in right as the event started, got lag issues, DC’ed and couldnt get back on at all. I couldn’t even make it to the boat to go to southsun cove at all. crashed and couldn’t even do any of the event. missed it entirely….. I honestly just wanted to participate in the event, the loot is secondary to me (I won’t lie it would be nice to get it, but its not as important).

Sounds like it was a blast… laggy but cool.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Suhpreme.6904

Suhpreme.6904

couldn’t even log in ;(

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: VampiroAlhazred.3702

VampiroAlhazred.3702

I suffered the same problem… Are there any news from ANet about this issue?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Jatari Thundercloud.3794

Jatari Thundercloud.3794

So glad I came here and saw this thread. Good to know something is being done about this. I didn’t figure I was the only one, but didn’t realize there were so many.

Ya there are thousands that have been effected by the lag and load and disconnect issues . My pc locked up 3 times due to the lag that was occuring. All other big events such as Sunless, The Shatterer and Claw of Jormag etc, i never have any problems even with huge friday night groups of players. I too went back to waypoint and took 5-10 min to get back into game only to lag out again. My left skill bar as i was shooting arrows had 3 skills trying to activate contantly and finally an arrow would fly. I have never seen lag such as the lag with this event .

Defensive Tactical Commander
Server : Dragonbrand

(edited by Jatari Thundercloud.3794)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: BiOniC.9507

BiOniC.9507

If they are using this as a reference list, I was also disconnected. Did the defending of the bomb planters in the hive, defeated the ancient karka reinforcements, pushed him through the steam vents then was dc’d.. took us 2.5 hours to get that far

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: mercurial essence.6783

mercurial essence.6783

Might as well add my gripe. Almost three hours and having survived a server crash then managing get back into event. I couldn’t believe it when the new build message popped up. The rage to find the event scrubbed was epic. I really loved gw1 but I am really struggling to stay with gw2 the way things are going.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: HadesDosh.1208

HadesDosh.1208

I also got disconnected during the event, it is kinda frustated, and since i couldn’t log back in i rage quitted. Am glad to see that somethign will be done for those of us who couldn’t get the chest

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: suppenkasper.5371

suppenkasper.5371

Disconnected at the final event and when i managed to log back in the event was over…

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: kmn.4539

kmn.4539

Disconnected at the final event and when i managed to log back in the event was over…

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Sick Lord.6192

Sick Lord.6192

I tried to join the party, but it appeared the message map is not loaded,
I waited, waited, waited… and the acient karka died, I could not attend at the event.
Later i’ve not found enough people to play the event.
:(

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Phero.8209

Phero.8209

Like many of the people here, I was also unable to get any rewards from the final Ancient Karka event on Sunday. =(

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Cryo.2875

Cryo.2875

SO are we actually going to get a compensation of sorts for the unrewarded event or is this thing that hard to do with all the programmers that are employed there ? I must say Halloween event was a blast for me and I had HUGE expectations for the Lost Shore one, but then this happened. I could “forgive” about Phase 1 bugged NPCs and such, and I could “forgive” the lag and everything in phase 2 but Phase 3 … Phase 3 was a nightmare:

- Lag everywhere
- 2+ hours “wasted” into the event with no rewards at the end (due to DC)
- So called “Fun” event … I understand Karka are supposed to be some ancient crab thingies that are very powerful etc. but being downed 85%+ of the time during the event, getting brutalized by massive numbers of those Karkas in tight spots – That is NOT challenging, that is NOT fun, that is absurd.

And after all that we get nothing but a repair cost bill and inability to log in for a while -.-

I expect more (and better) from you next time ANet.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: ZhangoSqu.5219

ZhangoSqu.5219

I too got DC’d during the event. I died during the later stages of the defense mission of the demolitioners and went to resurrect at the nearest waypoint and sat on the loading screen for Southsun Cove for about 5 minutes before I finally killed the client. Couldn’t get back in, not for lack of trying. Kind of upset I missed the tail end of the event, especially given the rewards and all.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kalok.4273

Kalok.4273

Soooooo, its been a few days and not even an hint of what may be done.

No offense but to be told a team is looking into, can mean something or nothing.

I for one am hanging around to see IF they even come close to rewarding us fairly, or are going to bend to others who got things dont want anyone else to have them.

Its a game and all though is such, people spend time and EXPECT tangible returns on their investment in time and money, period, no other way around it.

Soooo…. lets see, because after 2 days, the silence from them is kind of giving me a hint, we are not going to be very happy.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: TrunkMonkey.7589

TrunkMonkey.7589

I got a hard crash on the final phase (sent details of crash), and was unable to get back into a server that was on the event. Hope to be compensated.

TrunkMonkey | Ink Eyez | Ima Kitty Kat | Maguuma