Disconnected at the final phase! [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Thorzilla.9124

Thorzilla.9124

Soooooo, its been a few days and not even an hint of what may be done.

No offense but to be told a team is looking into, can mean something or nothing.

I for one am hanging around to see IF they even come close to rewarding us fairly, or are going to bend to others who got things dont want anyone else to have them.

Its a game and all though is such, people spend time and EXPECT tangible returns on their investment in time and money, period, no other way around it.

Soooo…. lets see, because after 2 days, the silence from them is kind of giving me a hint, we are not going to be very happy.

Yeah, I’m not expecting much either. ANet got to lower the prices of their precursors and they’re happy now. We can just walk away now if we keep waiting for them to let us open the same chest with the same loot. We probably will just get the 20 slot thing and the accessory, which is fine for me, but it makes me mad to think that I had a chance at getting a random precursor and I was totally screwed by the server.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Hel.6340

Hel.6340

Whilst I agree that ANet should probably implement some sort of ‘keep alive’ system so that dc’s from events/dungeons doesn’t have such an impact, ask yourself why you disconnected but thousands of others didn’t? The only people that I know who had lag or dc’s were people with sub par Internet. I’m in the UK so only get 10mb and I had no problems. You can’t blame all your dc issues on ANet or their servers.

Heley – Guardian
[dl*] Digital Legion – Gandara – www.digital-legion.com

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: XxTAFxX.6741

XxTAFxX.6741

I have real fast net,never disconnect on any game wow/rift ect ect.
yet gw 2 i have had a few disconnects,because it is there end that causes it.

So you’re saying because we cannot log in as there login server has messed up,it’s our connection?

(edited by XxTAFxX.6741)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: BurningLobster.1953

BurningLobster.1953

Due to a lack of response on the part of Anet about this issue, I’ve gotten to the point where I just don’t care to play anymore. The only thing that really still interested me in GW2 were the events and the thought that things would be more dynamic than previous MMOG titles… and seeing how the company responds to a fumble like this does not inspire me to feel great amounts of hope for future events. All companies make mistakes, but how they respond to those mistakes is as important as anything. How they handled it was a token “We will look into it” post and then nothing. It should have been job one on Monday to figure out what they are planning to do about it, or at least to do more in terms of damage control.

This could have been spun into a PR positive by giving more updates and a very quick response, as well as giving out world-wide rewards to everyone. Imagine if, as a kind of apology gift, they gave every one who logged in during the event 100 free gems, or a BLTC key, or a Consortium Chest? Then, on top of that they spend all day Monday figuring out how to “make right” the issues with people who were unable to finish the Ancient Karaka event, posting about it multiple times so that customers knew they were getting some attention paid to them. All of a sudden, they go from looking like just another gaming company to one that really cares about its fanbase. This would have likely received a high degree of praise from the gaming press and been touted as how a developers should handle a bad situation. Their losses would be negligible, and the long term return on investment in terms of customer goodwill would be highly profitable.

In the end, I feel disappointed. Anet is not a bad company, but they are not showing themselves to be great company either. Honestly, I play these games for fun, and I have gotten a lot out of this particular title… but as the time passes without a reply or any sort of real solution offered… the more I am finding my desire to continue on in Tyria is waning. This is just my opinion of course, and I offer it in the hopes that someone on the Anet team will read it and be able to use it to really improve their handling of future missteps. I also really hope that their response to this situation is enough to make me go, “Wow, was I ever wrong. I need to learn to kitten ” Until then though, this is my opinion.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Lord Funk.1694

Lord Funk.1694

Whilst I agree that ANet should probably implement some sort of ‘keep alive’ system so that dc’s from events/dungeons doesn’t have such an impact, ask yourself why you disconnected but thousands of others didn’t? The only people that I know who had lag or dc’s were people with sub par Internet. I’m in the UK so only get 10mb and I had no problems. You can’t blame all your dc issues on ANet or their servers.

Im not questioning that getting dc can be PC Hardware or software issues etc., bad drivers, too little RAM, too high graphic setting vs hardware etc.

The thing that is ANet responsibility and fault are the log-in server(s). Disconnected one time earlier in the event and could log straight back in, even get back to same overflow as I was in a group and that overflow wasn’t full, so just chose to join the group again in the oveflow. However just a few min from the end their log-inservers crashed or something and noone could get back in. Not on Forums nor game. I could browse the forums, juts not log in my account to even post.

Could surf the forum jut not log in. Could surf any other site as well as log into other games just not GW2, so that was at their end not ours. We could post on their fb site as there we only need to be logged into fb not GW account etc. So our internets definetly were working.

That log-in server error persisted for 1+ hr on both game and Forum.

I have printscreens of both trying to log into game with 2 different error msg’s (the usual campus firewall error msg but also a new one saying transaction in progress wait a few min and try again later) as well as trying to log into game account on forum with error msg saying My Acct name and password were incorrent, they are not as they worked before and works now.

Lord Funk of HOD/Holy Order of Dragons game Guild (since 1996/97)

http://hod-home.guildlaunch.com

(edited by Lord Funk.1694)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: BeltaneFire.4539

BeltaneFire.4539

Ummm… did you read all the stuff here or just the latest comment? It is not that “a few people” had a dc and “thousand of others didn’t”. In fact thousands of players HAD a dc right at the end of the event and you can’t blame US for this. It is not our provider who had problems, it is not our internet connection and also our computers are not the ones to blame. The problem was A-Nets Log-In-Server and nothing else and so we CAN blame A-Net for it. I don’t say that this happened because they have bad servers or what. I think it happened because thousands of people tried to log to another character to do the event again. If you are in the lucky position that you were able to open the chest and get your reward in the end then: Congrats! But a lot of us couldn’t do this and it was definitely not OUR fault!

(edited by BeltaneFire.4539)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Stridix.4260

Stridix.4260

Wait 30 min to get into overflow that had event.
Got to event.
Got dc during the spiral event.
No more event. Reset.
Personally Don’t understand why they would have new players on the overflow cuz after they finished they would go back to lvl 1 when event is over. It congested the severs so much it was almost unplayable.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Slymandro.5430

Slymandro.5430

This happened to me, the monster was dead and I got dc’d before I could walk up to the chest. By the time I got back in the chest was gone, 3 hours wasted and I felt no urge to start over.

Any word on if they’ll do anything?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Elewyn Mandragoran.6237

Elewyn Mandragoran.6237

I was at the end of the event, on the spiral down…died…tried to go to the rez point – dc’d. sigh I was really looking forward to killing that enormous reddot too!