Event loot worth $250. Details inside

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kamelion.7629

Kamelion.7629

I didn’t get precursors and I am totally not bothered about that – its the luck of the draw . It would have been nice to get loot that was more suited to my character though – medium armour or weapons that I can use rather than heavy armour and a shield – just sayin’

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: SadieDeAtreia.8912

SadieDeAtreia.8912

OP, excellent post. 100% agreed and I’m glad you feel better.

I bet you’ll feel like a million dollars if Anet:
Perma-ban everyone who ran the event more than once. They have the logs…
Sacks the idiot who thought dropping precursors in a one time event is a good idea. Or if they want to continue along this path:
Schedule the next one-time, legendary precursor dropping event in Oceanic prime time.

That would make me feel better.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Lionaeron.5724

Lionaeron.5724

I have a better suggestion, arenanet tell everyone who looted a or multiple precursors to delete them and or money or face a ban like with the karma glitch, thank you very much for your time

Zerg>Skill.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Stormy.3519

Stormy.3519

Sacks the idiot who thought dropping precursors in a one time event is a good idea. Or if they want to continue along this path:
Schedule the next one-time, legendary precursor dropping event in Oceanic prime time.

Haha, I cant tell if your trolling.. or…
Seriously though, I remember people doing something similar in WoW when the Looking for Raid system was introduced. High end guilds ran content many times and looted bosses many times that were supposed to only be looted once. That reminds me of this, and those people were temp-banned and loot-stripped. Just saying.

If they were looking for a way to introduce more precursors into the game, there are better ways of doing it. And the whole 1 time event thing… I just don’t like the idea behind it, and a lot of other people don’t either. I am all about an equal chance for all players of this game to get in on events like this, and have a fair shake at high end loot. If they don’t get any good loot at all, that’s that. People on here seem to think I want everyone to just be given legendaries. Not true at all, not at all. I want everyone to be given the same opportunities to have a go at this event, chest and all.

in The Lost Shores

SadieDeAtreia.8912

Haha, I cant tell if your trolling.. or…
Seriously though, I remember people doing something similar in WoW when the Looking for Raid system was introduced. High end guilds ran content many times and looted bosses many times that were supposed to only be looted once. That reminds me of this, and those people were temp-banned and loot-stripped. Just saying.

If they were looking for a way to introduce more precursors into the game, there are better ways of doing it. And the whole 1 time event thing… I just don’t like the idea behind it, and a lot of other people don’t either. I am all about an equal chance for all players of this game to get in on events like this, and have a fair shake at high end loot. If they don’t get any good loot at all, that’s that. People on here seem to think I want everyone to just be given legendaries. Not true at all, not at all. I want everyone to be given the same opportunities to have a go at this event, chest and all.

After removing all the kittens I can see how that post could come across as insincere, even trolling. But it is not.

And your point about giving away legendaries… agreed, it should be extremely difficult to obtain.
It should also not be entirely luck based for one person and a multi-month grind for another.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Pilami.7123

Pilami.7123

They really kittened up adding a one time event with loot this great. Let alone the fact that each participant already got 20 slot box worth over 10g if bought and epic earring aswell >_>

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Agenteusa.6380

Agenteusa.6380

I still don’t understand what people can´t understand about ONE TIME EVENT AND UNIQUE.

Supermarkets do it all the time. Hey if you can´t go because you are busy with <INSERT HERE> I’m sorry but it’s really tough luck. You knew it was going to happen and I bet most didn’t give a crap thinking the rewards would be kitten but now they see the outcome and suddenly everyone feels like whining.

And I also bet if most of us got 2 blues and one green at the end most would be laughing at the ones that spent 2.5-3 excruciating (yes it felt like it from a certain point but i kept the word UNIQUE in my mind) hours killing karkas.

So in the spirit of the last poster that mentioned my earlier post I do have a RL and I can only play at night and when I can´t log to do X or Y I don’t turn into a Primma Donna feeling almost like my civil rights were taken from me.

I think “Well, tough luck , I´ll make it next time hopefully” and move on.

in The Lost Shores

Agenteusa.6380

And your point about giving away legendaries… agreed, it should be extremely difficult to obtain.
It should also not be entirely luck based for one person and a multi-month grind for another.

And why should that be if this is a casual game?

Just to make it straight, are you against or for the gear progression that lots are saying it’s going to be the Armaggeddon of GW2?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

This is such a strawman. Your $250 items still drop in the game so get on with the farming instead of wasting the time with a longwinded complaint post.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kamahl.3621

Kamahl.3621

People are complaining way too much about precursors, but they’re forgetting a pretty kitten important detail – Anet announced the method of attaining precursors would be changed into a scavenger-hunt-esque method. This is probably something to hold the precursor market over until that change.

in The Lost Shores

Stormy.3519

I still don’t understand what people can´t understand about ONE TIME EVENT AND UNIQUE.

Supermarkets do it all the time. Hey if you can´t go because you are busy with <INSERT HERE> I’m sorry but it’s really tough luck. You knew it was going to happen and I bet most didn’t give a crap thinking the rewards would be kitten but now they see the outcome and suddenly everyone feels like whining.

And I also bet if most of us got 2 blues and one green at the end most would be laughing at the ones that spent 2.5-3 excruciating (yes it felt like it from a certain point but i kept the word UNIQUE in my mind) hours killing karkas.

So in the spirit of the last poster that mentioned my earlier post I do have a RL and I can only play at night and when I can´t log to do X or Y I don’t turn into a Primma Donna feeling almost like my civil rights were taken from me.

I think “Well, tough luck , I´ll make it next time hopefully” and move on.

It must be nice that you can just except it. I however cant just except it. Its a rubbish game design (1 time events), with a poorly executed event, that even warranted a Mod response on what happens if you get disconnected. I guess those people should just suck it up too? Sorry you didn’t loot the chest because you disconnected, better luck next time? Or sorry we only made the event last a short period of time. There isn’t a reason why we cant make it last longer. We just want it to be UNIQUE and SPECIAL and let all the newly developed game material
be used ONCE and that’s it. What a waste of talent and material.
Even if you got crap from the event, you still at least got to experience it. Hell, I would even say that a 20 slot bag and awesome trinket alone would be worth it. But out of nowhere, they throw in these crazy valuable items, and not even give everyone a shot at it? Please tell me how that is catering to your customers your suppose to be making happy so that they spend money in game.

in The Lost Shores

SadieDeAtreia.8912

And why should that be if this is a casual game?

Just to make it straight, are you against or for the gear progression that lots are saying it’s going to be the Armaggeddon of GW2?

Totally against gear treadmill. I had enough of that in previous MMOs, thanks.

My point is that if you want to grind for a particular ‘skin’ then you have that option. If you are an ex-GW1 player, think chaos gloves… it was optional, made no difference whatsoever in PvX. But it was awesome to have, just because… and as a casual player it took me a while to get, but I did.

There should be a level playing field for everyone who decides to do it. Giving some people a 300g boost when others who are just as dedicated cant even participate in the event is not good for morale.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: NickChabby.8907

NickChabby.8907

Guild Wars 2 is a video game.
A game, by definition, is meant to be fun. This is a delicate debate though, but giving that amount of rewards to people who could get there for whatever reasons, it’s clearly sending a message that “you don’t log in the game at this specific time? You get disadvantaged”. Because of this, it becomes a “second job” instead of a “game”.

I would be happy if people got an unique weapon skin like the pact ones at the end of the personal storyline instead. It’s unique, rewarding and you don’t have the feeling of missing much. That’s how GW1 worked.
But 2 guaranteed exotics (with a higher chance of precursor), 2 rares (or exotics), a 20 slot bags, a trinket all at once… It’s a big slap in the face for the others who couldn’t get there. It’s clearly telling me I should force myself to be present next time, not that I should be there if I want to. I don’t recall any other video games forcing me to be there. The finale itself wasn’t even fun.

I attended Phase 1. Unplayable event in Lion’s Arch, then glitched events/NPCs in Kessex/Caldeon, couldn’t finish it.
Attended phase 2: It took forever to start in LA. Gave up waiting and went straight to the island. It was a mess. Did some jumping puzzle and some events and logged off.
Attended phase 3. Unplayable, culling, 15 silver of repair bills. Logged off at the part 2 of the phase 3: was too long, too laggy and had real life things to do.
In the end I got nothing from this event but an epic waste of time and money, a bad taste in the mouth and a disappointment with the appearance of the ascended. It killed my joy of GW2 for a while, I’m not that much interested now.

The only “one time event” we had in the past was a cutscene. We had no way to tell it would be that big.

(edited by NickChabby.8907)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Antisceptic.9174

Antisceptic.9174

I agree with the original poster, this was a terrible idea in my eyes made only worse by the fact that so many people wanted to participate but couldn’t or got booted while participating [myself included].

in The Lost Shores

Stormy.3519

I agree with the original poster, this was a terrible idea in my eyes made only worse by the fact that so many people wanted to participate but couldn’t or got booted while participating [myself included].

That sucks you couldn’t get into the content either. I personally was in the “I went to the forums, looked for invites to overflow servers, and get in late on the event” crowd. I spammed like crazy at every invite name for 30 minutes, ran through the poorly executed content… with mechanics that still leave me wondering why they hate us so much… just to get booted 15 minutes before the end. Anyone in that position would be frustrated. And to put such a high value item into an event like that… madness.
This event and content has the potential to be really good! People would appreciate the extra effort to have this event again with everything polished up.

in The Lost Shores

Agenteusa.6380

I agree though they should have a way of identifying who participated in the last phase and didn’t get the chest due to server problems.

@Stormy

You forgot I said this a couple of posts ago, right?

And let me try to understand, so you are against the fact that they handed some “useful” items as you named them. So the 3 hours most put into the vent don’t mean crap to you right? If they handed us 2 blues that would be fine.
Everything you say is purely your opinion, and I also have my opinion and stated it.

Like I said ANet said 3-4 weeks prior this was going to be one time event and no one knew the rewards. You guys are just pissed cause they were good. If they were bad you wouldn’t be here kittening about it nor would you think of defending people that were getting fed up today with the event since it was so boring.

Thats what I think anyways. You make some you lose some. Thats how it goes.

@Sadie

Totally against gear treadmill. I had enough of that in previous MMOs, thanks.

Ok if you don’t want the drops to be a multi month grinder and don’t want it luck based either I’m curious to what system you have in mind.

And you talk about options here. It’s funny cause as I understand it pvp/pve dailies and monthlies are “optional” and people somehow still kitten about that cause they feel like they are being forced into doing something they don’t like.

If I was in a mental hospital probably that last sentence would make sense to me.

@NickChabby

Well there’s really no way of telling what’s an advantage over others is there? Following your theory I am at a disadvantage towards lots of people cause I can only play at night instead of being logged all day. So how do we circumvent that? We only let players play for x number of hours per day hmm?

Honestly you dare speaking about how this is a game and shouldn’t feel like a job and then you talk about it like it’s a job. Sounds counter intuitive to me.

in The Lost Shores

NickChabby.8907

And let me try to understand, so you are against the fact that they handed some “useful” items as you named them. So the 3 hours most put into the vent don’t mean crap to you right? If they handed us 2 blues that would be fine.
Everything you say is purely your opinion, and I also have my opinion and stated it.

Like I said ANet said 3-4 weeks prior this was going to be one time event and no one knew the rewards. You guys are just pissed cause they were good. If they were bad you wouldn’t be here kittening about it nor would you think of defending people that were getting fed up today with the event since it was so boring.

Thats what I think anyways. You make some you lose some. Thats how it goes.

[…]
@NickChabby

Well there’s really no way of telling what’s an advantage over others is there? Following your theory I am at a disadvantage towards lots of people cause I can only play at night instead of being logged all day. So how do we circumvent that? We only let players play for x number of hours per day hmm?

Honestly you dare speaking about how this is a game and shouldn’t feel like a job and then you talk about it like it’s a job. Sounds counter intuitive to me.

sigh…

When the game launched, one month later players were already getting legendaries. It was fine though, because everybody was on the same ‘boat’. If you didn’t have lot of time to play, you could still make it at your pace, avoid being rejected for dungeon and such. The game was stable. You played it for fun. It was casual friendly for the most (Something good for a change). Even if hardcore players were already full exo + legendary, GW2 followed the GW1 mentality: they wouldn’t get any better in a month.

When they introduced Halloween, it was a blast. Everybody had activities to do: minigames, jumping puzzles or be scaled to level 80 in the labyrinth. The only one time event was a cutscene, so as a casual player, I didn’t feel like I had to be there, but just be there if I want to. It was built around being fun.

But with this whole Lost Shore update, they went against all this. They introduced ascended gear which takes up to 35 gold of mats.
They made a laggy Phase 1 that gave nothing but buggy NPC/Events and a little jar of karma.
I don’t know about Phase 2 because it didn’t even start on my server lol

And then we have the famous phase 3, which was laggy, unplayable for most, and gave a chest with only rare/exotics, something we don’t even get in a hard dungeon playthrough that can last 2 hours. I got nothing for the time invested in the event, even the hour I spent in the finale (but logged off because of how laggy it was).

I’m all for you folks to have a reward, but not something gameplay-wise. An unique epic skin? Good. A minipet? Awesome. An unique armor skin? Even better. But exotic weapons that can be sold up to 100 gold? A 10 gold worth 20 slots box? A higher chance of precursor? That’s just illogical in a social online video game. It breaks any kind of balance.

Some players made up to 100g for only spending 2 hours and a half in a laggy mess. What about people who spent 3 hours in fractals without getting any rare/exotics at full magic find?

in The Lost Shores

Stormy.3519

@ Agenteusa.6380

My last post of the night before I crash.
- Dude, read my flipping first post. I’m not pissed because the items were good. I’m pissed because such a high value item should not just be thrown into a game so recklessly, without giving everyone a fair chance at it. That’s a 20,000 gem lotto they just had earlier tonight, and a lot of people picked the winning numbers. High end content is there for everyone. Farming mobs endlessly is there for everyone. This event is gone. One time, and that’s it, and it wasn’t even held for very long.
- And let me give you an example you can understand. You think 3 hours of effort is enough to deserve these items? Now that is some self entitlement. People have been grinding and farming for months, just to have some event like this give away the items they have been working for. That’s a slap in the face. I personally think a 20 slot bag, a kitten good trinket, and even some rares to boot would of been more than enough. Hell, throw some gold on top of that too. Its still more loot / gold than most people are going to make in 3 hours.
- Let me assure you, that even if I ran this event, and didn’t get a single item (if i even managed to finish it without the server crashing on me) I would still be upset about the many other things wrong with the event. Do you still think this event was good? Read almost every other forum post besides mine. There are a dozen legitimate reasons this event wasn’t up to par.

in The Lost Shores

Agenteusa.6380

RNG my friend RNG, you know that from the start.

You had an option to play, you chose to log off. That’s your fault. I had a terrible first day on the event. I mean I couldn’t even attack and I didn’t know what the reward was. I stayed there.

I had a better 2nd day and pulled through.

I had a mostly lag free 3rd day but was painstakingly boring but I held through, so what do you want me to say?

I had thrown 500+ rares into MF by now and got no precursor. A guildie of mine threw 16 and got one. Am I going to blame someone for that? Ofc not , I may or may not dislike the system but I knew from the start it was like that so I have to accept it.

Just to take on your thoughts. I tried the jumping puzzle at Mad King’s event. I suck at puzzles so I quit after 10 mins and I knew exotics (with a chance at a precursor quite possibly as they are also categorized as exotics) were at the top and still I didn’t do it.

And I didn’t come here and complain about it. Hey it’s content not meant for me.

And btw I do play this like a game not as a second job. In fact the precursor I got I gave to a guildie who could use it for free.

Stop taking this so seriously.

And the players that were getting legendaries a month later from the start were doing it because of exploits. Did you just skip that part? Worst, some got to keep them. And yes I complained about it cause that yes is considered unfair. But you seem to not acknowledge it happened.

An yes, I play for fun. An exploit is cheating other than that if you get whatever you get legit I don’t give a rat’s kitten if you got it and I don’t.

in The Lost Shores

Agenteusa.6380

@ Agenteusa.6380

- Dude, read my flipping first post. I’m not pissed because the items were good. I’m pissed because such a high value item should not just be thrown into a game so recklessly, without giving everyone a fair chance at it. That’s a 20,000 gem lotto they just had earlier tonight, and a lot of people picked the winning numbers. High end content is there for everyone. Farming mobs endlessly is there for everyone. This event is gone. One time, and that’s it, and it wasn’t even held for very long.
- And let me give you an example you can understand. You think 3 hours of effort is enough to deserve these items? Now that is some self entitlement. People have been grinding and farming for months, just to have some event like this give away the items they have been working for. That’s a slap in the face. I personally think a 20 slot bag, a kitten good trinket, and even some rares to boot would of been more than enough. Hell, throw some gold on top of that too. Its still more loot / gold than most people are going to make in 3 hours.
- Let me assure you, that even if I ran this event, and didn’t get a single item (if i even managed to finish it without the server crashing on me) I would still be upset about the many other things wrong with the event. Do you still think this event was good? Read almost every other forum post besides mine. There are a dozen legitimate reasons this event wasn’t up to par.

1 – They did give a fair chance at everyone of getting it (asides from the technical issues of servers being located only in one timezone and the DC’s which we covered already and you know my opinion). You just had to log in and 20 pm GMT and fight for 3 hours and hope RNG was good to you. That’s it.

2 – No , and I never said it would entitle me to anything. I didn’t know what I was going to get. I just did the event in the hopes of getting something nice and different since it was one time and unique. I would be kind of let off if I did get 2 blues in the end I assume that though.

3- You also know my opinion on this. No, I think the event sucked and was boring to hell. But that has nothing to do with the discussion. I will say again that they should give the chest to people that played TILL THE END and got a dc or something like 30 mins before the end of the event. If someone logged on, killed karka’s for five minutes and then chose to log off on his own will, well bad choice.

in The Lost Shores

NickChabby.8907

RNG my friend RNG, you know that from the start.

No.
The 20 slots bag was guaranteed whatever you say. Something equivalent is worth 12 gold on the TP.

You had an option to play, you chose to log off. That’s your fault.

Didn’t have an option.
My laptop was bleeding with lags and such, it was unplayable for me. It was a real pain, tedious. It’s not something I chose.
I had to take a bus for a 2 hours and a half

None of them were directly ‘my’ fault. The fact they made the event at a specific time goes against the casual-friendly mentality and against tons of players (especially the oceanic players). Read the other threads and you’ll see.

Just to take on your thoughts. I tried the jumping puzzle at Mad King’s event. I suck at puzzles so I quit after 10 mins and I knew exotics (with a chance at a precursor quite possibly as they are also categorized as exotics) were at the top and still I didn’t do it.

Nope. Do your research a bit before saying such things. We were getting a guaranteed pair of exotic boots (Mad King’s boots) and some candies. Nothing more, nothing less, it was always the same loot the first time you completed it. Everybody doing it the first time was getting the Mad King’s boots. It was frozen. Afterward, everytime you completed it, you had Trick’n’Treat bags.

Also, you had three days (if not more) to try the jumping puzzle. This event though, ran only once and gave four time any dungeon rewards.

And btw I do play this like a game not as a second job. In fact the precursor I got I gave to a guildie who could use it for free.

Good for you. We have different reality, deal with it and stop being so haughty about it. You’re not any better than anyone here.
I don’t play this game as a second job, but Arenanet sure make it feels like one with the intense amount of time required for only the ascended backpack or how they reward players who can be present at a specific time.

And the players that were getting legendaries a month later from the start were doing it because of exploits. Did you just skip that part? Worst, some got to keep them. And yes I complained about it cause that yes is considered unfair. But you seem to not acknowledge it happened.

Ironic you say things like “did you skip that part” or “but you seem to not acknowledge it happened” yet you throw me examples like “you can get precursor in the clock tower” lol.
Even if they had it with exploit in September, it doesn’t change that others got them legitimately in October and the ones who got it weren’t too much in advance in regard of the casual players. I didn’t feel disadvantaged versus people who got the legendaries, because to me it’s a long term goal. But I do feel screwed over the fact that the two hours I couldn’t fully complete for things out of my control ended being ten time more rewarding than any dungeon for the others…

Whereas I got tons of nice things during the whole Halloween event even if I missed a phase, this whole week-end was a pure waste of time on my hand: I got nothing of it. Nothing for doing phase 1, nothing for doing phase 2, and a big repair bill for being forced to stop half way through phase 3. It’s not fun.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Rhialto.8423

Rhialto.8423

You’re forgetting about those of us who actually tried to play during the event but were unable to participate due to the insane lag. Just makes big rewards that much worse.

in The Lost Shores

Stormy.3519

@ Agenteusa.6380

1 – They did give a fair chance at everyone of getting it (asides from the technical issues of servers being located only in one timezone and the DC’s which we covered already and you know my opinion). You just had to log in and 20 pm GMT and fight for 3 hours and hope RNG was good to you. That’s it.

2 – No , and I never said it would entitle me to anything. I didn’t know what I was going to get. I just did the event in the hopes of getting something nice and different since it was one time and unique. I would be kind of let off if I did get 2 blues in the end I assume that though.

3- You also know my opinion on this. No, I think the event sucked and was boring to hell. But that has nothing to do with the discussion. I will say again that they should give the chest to people that played TILL THE END and got a dc or something like 30 mins before the end of the event. If someone logged on, killed karka’s for five minutes and then chose to log off on his own will, well bad choice.

Number 1 – No, they did not. A fair chance would be a 24 hour period of the event going on every 3 hours. Plenty of time for a lot more people to participate. Will everyone get a chance? No, but one solid 24 hour period for an event is where I can comfortably draw the line and say they tried to please the masses. And the technical issues were half of the problems in the first place.

Number 2 – The rewards for that event were way to much. We can argue this, but we are never going to get straight up percentages from A-Net on drops. Just from forums and word of posts and stat tracking sites, its already coming close to something crazy like a 10% drop rate, but even I cant believe they would put it that high.

Number 3 – We both agree on that. I just wish that so many more people could of experienced this event. It had potential. It could of been a lot greater. But they want to keep it a 1 time event, so we’ll never see it again anywho.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Quin.8327

Quin.8327

So if I understand correctly:
- Some people had time to play the event
- Some people that played got uber uber uber loot
- Most people that played got something nice
- Some people that didn’t get uber uber uber loot are jealous
- Some people that didn’t get to play the event feel left out
Correct?

Sounds like kids being jealous cause the neighboor kids got bigger gifts from Santa.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Excellent post OP.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Gato.1628

Gato.1628

From reading OP one could get the imression that everyone that were at the event got precursor weap. With is ludicrious ( sorry but it is . Where is my 250$ !!!!) . Or me , my guild , my friends are blind and cant find ours in inventory.
True the chest was giving guarantee two exotic items. But it not equal to 100% precursor.

Anyway sorry for some ppl to miss on this event , but there are many more to come in not so distance future , so my advise , just be patiance.
Cheers

in The Lost Shores

Stormy.3519

Correct?

Sounds like kids being jealous cause the neighboor kids got bigger gifts from Santa.

Well if I wanted to explain it to my 5 year old daughter, and use restrictive words that make it sound extremely condescending, and only give points on my half of the story to make myself look good, and witty (oh we love witty on the interwebz) than sure, what the hell. You got 50% of the summary of the event down. Even by Florida standards, you just failed.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Loosifah.4738

Loosifah.4738

God will people never stop complaining? I didn’t get a pre-cursor weapon(and I died more during that event than the whole time I’ve played GW2). You don’t see me complaining.

You got an exotic 20 slot bag, you got an earring with almost every stat on it, and a few random exotics. Can’t you people just be happy with what you DID get?

Also I missed some of the halloween events(including the exploding of the lion statue), should I cry about that? No; they time the one time events for when the most people are statistically online. They can’t please everyone.

in The Lost Shores

Stormy.3519

From reading OP one could get the imression that everyone that were at the event got precursor weap. With is ludicrious ( sorry but it is . Where is my 250$ !!!!) . Or me , my guild , my friends are blind and cant find ours in inventory.
True the chest was giving guarantee two exotic items. But it not equal to 100% precursor.

Anyway sorry for some ppl to miss on this event , but there are many more to come in not so distance future , so my advise , just be patiance.
Cheers

You could get that impression from my post… if you didn’t bother to read it. I’ll even summarize it:
- Dusk has in game value of 20,000 gems which is $250.
- What could you get with 20,000 gems. listed some examples..
- Explained how I got $250. ok..
- Explained why it was irresponsible to put such a high value item in this paticular event.
- And a last part about the average player.

I’m sorry, no where in my original post did I give the impression that Oprah came to the Lost Shores and started giving out precursors.
Cheers

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Quin.8327

Quin.8327

Correct?

Well if I wanted to explain it to my 5 year old daughter, and use restrictive words that make it sound extremely condescending, and only give points on my half of the story to make myself look good, and witty (oh we love witty on the interwebz) than sure, what the hell. You got 50% of the summary of the event down. Even by Florida standards, you just failed.

Maybe you should try to explain it to your child. Might help realizing you are blowing it all out of proportion. When I did read your first post I wondered what in the world had happened. It does read like everyone who was there got an extremely valuable item. Reading replies showed me only a few people got that and the rest got something nice. Just like is to be expected in an event with tons of people playing.

Nothing in my post was meant as being witty and what Florida has to do with it all is beyond me but that might be the European in me. Lets get back to the pure basics and that’s people being jealous and feeling left out cause some other people make blown up claims that give out the idea that uber uber uber loot was guaranteed in the event.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Polantaris.9513

Polantaris.9513

I thought I’d just bring out this little side note:

To all the people who are arguing that the $250 in loot concept is void because you cannot make actual money….you can. Gold sellers are also gold buyers, always have been. Yes, it’s a bannable offense to take part in such a trade, however that doesn’t stop people. With the $200 – $250 you would make from such a trade you could re-buy the game if you wanted to if you were to get banned.

The 200-250g you could make from this single chest could easily pay for the game three to four times over.

Don’t get me wrong, I do not condone such an action, I’m merely stating the fact that it could, and likely has, easily happened.

Also, stop using the term RNG like it’s some end-all term that defines everything that could ever happen at any point in time. It’s honestly rather annoying.

in The Lost Shores

NickChabby.8907

You got an exotic 20 slot bag, you got an earring with almost every stat on it, and a few random exotics.

Give me the 20 slot bag and the earring, two things I couldn’t get for many reasons I exposed, and I would be very happy. I don’t need precursors.

Also I missed some of the halloween events(including the exploding of the lion statue), should I cry about that? No; they time the one time events for when the most people are statistically online. They can’t please everyone.

The exploding of the Lion statue was just a cutscene you could watch on youtube.
The other parts of the events gave you days to complete, including the mad king dungeon in LA.

But this one was a one time with an epic loot, something you don’t even get for your hard works in dungeons or fractals lol.

in The Lost Shores

Stormy.3519

God will people never stop complaining? I didn’t get a pre-cursor weapon(and I died more during that event than the whole time I’ve played GW2). You don’t see me complaining.

You got an exotic 20 slot bag, you got an earring with almost every stat on it, and a few random exotics. Can’t you people just be happy with what you DID get?

Ummmm, No? Because A lot of “us people” didn’t even get a chance to participate in the event. You actually got to loot the mythical Chest Beast. You got a 20 slot bag, and an awesome trinket, you got exotics. I got a repair bill due to crappy mechanics paired with insane lag. This was after I went to the forums and hunted down an overflow server just to get in shut off with 15 minutes to go.
Which, by the way, the most awesome support I ever got from a forum, was the people that helped everyone out with names and invites to overflow servers. Thanks again for the opportunity.

in The Lost Shores

Loosifah.4738

Did you not see them actually make a post about those who didn’t get to loot the chest at the end? They said they were working on getting everyone their rewards.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Pochibella.8394

Pochibella.8394

I really don’t understand. People complained because the Halloween event didn’t drop good enough loot. They complained because the one time Halloween event was “just” a cut scene.

Guess what? Anet apparently listened. They gave us a 3 hour long event AND decent rewards. Yet this STILL isn’t good enough!

I have seen posts where people were online and didn’t go to the event because they thought it was going to be lame and then they are griping because they would have gone if they knew the loot would be good. Sheesh!

I was there for the three hours, the lag, the disconnects, the deaths to invisible things because of culling issues. I didn’t get a precursor. I am still having to farm. Big deal! It’s a game.

It is like complaining that your neighbor won the lottery and you didn’t when you didn’t even buy a ticket! You shouldn’t get free stuff if you weren’t there. Sorry you weren’t there. If you think that an item in game is worth $250 but you had to go to work and miss the event, then I guess you should have skipped work unless you get paid more than $250 a day.

Anet can’t win! No, it wasn’t a perfectly implemented event. But they did seem to take in feedback from the Halloween event. Some people are just never happy and wouldn’t be even if Anet sent them a free precursor in the mail. Then it would be “I didn’t get the one I wanted. I got the one that is flowers and rainbows but I wanted the other one.”

in The Lost Shores

Stormy.3519

Did you not see them actually make a post about those who didn’t get to loot the chest at the end? They said they were working on getting everyone their rewards.

Yes I saw that. I have read it many times tonight. And that’s awesome that they are doing that. But, call me skeptical, I don’t see them giving everyone who missed out on the chest the exact same opportunity or chance at loot as everyone else. I see a poor excuse for a consolatory gift to make amends.

in The Lost Shores

Agenteusa.6380

1 – I though we were talking about exotic/precursor gear here. What’s the fuss about a 10g bag. You can do some fractals and get the same bag. And it’s not like 10g is a hefty amount. Besides 2 slots isn’t really that much of a difference now is it?

2 – No the time of the event doesn’t go against the casual friendly mentality. It’s normally the time most people are at home. Like I said they have technical limitations because they are located in the US so that’s the guideline. Like it or not its the way it is. They aren’t going to buy a server farm for every timezone there is and I can understand why. If your laptop lagged it was either:
A- You had graphical problems because your card isn’t up to par.
B – You had server lag from your connection to their servers.
Yes, their servers were stressed but I could play moderately well from a certain point so if it was only their servers fault everyone would be on the same situation which clearly isn’t the case.
So on the other 2 issues, it’s still your fault not theirs.

3 – It gave the slippers as a one time reward but exos aside from the slippers dropped from chests. Maybe it’s you that needs to do some reading as I know what I’m saying so please don’t try to turn things around.
The second part is irrelevant to this point imo. You knew you had 3 days for the puzzle, you knew you had one day for this event. Period.

4 -you’re right I’m not better than anyone nor do I aim to be. And in case you didn’t notice that comment wasn’t aimed at you.

5 – Yes, and you are taking it out of context. I stated that you had a chance at a precursor at a jumping puzzle to explain RNG. I said it’s not because I feel left out of content that I’m going to complain about what rewards it gives.

Then you said that you felt fine cause players had a legendary one month after launch and I refuted that they had them because they exploited. that was to exemplify that you seem to be concerned about whatever drops in a onetime event chest yet you failed to realize that your statement is heavily flawed cause it’s not fair either.

So you are linking 2 completely distinct thoughts.

Furthermore as I explained before I also head unplayable lag during the first phase. I kept going.
I dc’ed twice and joined other overflows that were at a complete distinct part during phase 2.
During phase 3 I fortunately didn’t DC but got stuck in those webs from using Steal and had to tele back.
So in the end all you needed to complte this event and get your chest was to log on during the last 5 mins.

in The Lost Shores

Stormy.3519

I really don’t understand. People complained because the Halloween event didn’t drop good enough loot. They complained because the one time Halloween event was “just” a cut scene.

Guess what? Anet apparently listened. They gave us a 3 hour long event AND decent rewards. Yet this STILL isn’t good enough!

I have seen posts where people were online and didn’t go to the event because they thought it was going to be lame and then they are griping because they would have gone if they knew the loot would be good. Sheesh!

I was there for the three hours, the lag, the disconnects, the deaths to invisible things because of culling issues. I didn’t get a precursor. I am still having to farm. Big deal! It’s a game.

It is like complaining that your neighbor won the lottery and you didn’t when you didn’t even buy a ticket! You shouldn’t get free stuff if you weren’t there. Sorry you weren’t there. If you think that an item in game is worth $250 but you had to go to work and miss the event, then I guess you should have skipped work unless you get paid more than $250 a day.

Anet can’t win! No, it wasn’t a perfectly implemented event. But they did seem to take in feedback from the Halloween event. Some people are just never happy and wouldn’t be even if Anet sent them a free precursor in the mail. Then it would be “I didn’t get the one I wanted. I got the one that is flowers and rainbows but I wanted the other one.”

Oh, I love posts like these. They are all over the place and go from one extreme to the next, it’s awesome to see the thought process at work. Let me use your own techniques against you, padawan.
You see, the Halloween event was like, you know a flower. It was nice, and people were like, ooOOoo this is cool. But this Lost Shores event.. its like “New Scenarios Featuring Chuck Norris Roundhouse Kicking Dragons In The Face And Precursors Are Flying Everywhere Brother And The Devs Are Leveling Everyone To Insta-80!!” Omg Omg to much to much. They have gone to far. It’s to kitten extreme!
It’s way to far to the other side. It’s just to much. 3 hours events and your putting these high value items in the chest? Its not the happy medium. It’s the complete opposite.
There is a word for making an argument sound silly by devolving it into ridiculous examples. When i find that word again, I’m gonna be kind of the internets.

in The Lost Shores

NickChabby.8907

-snip-

Look, just forget it, I just don’t see the point to discuss about it with you any longer. You’re not worth the time I would invest replying to you.

Your opinion (of someone who managed to get his rewards, important fact) is quite simple and can be summarized in one sentence regardless of what is said:
“You couldn’t make it, deal with it idiots”.
So I don’t see the point to push it any further, especially considering how you (or we) read/express posts incorrectly… And the way you express yourself is so haughty it’s tedious to read.

I exposed my point in different threads, Arenanet know how the players feel (hopefully), I’ll wait and see if something is done. As for now, the whole week-end killed my joy of the game for a while.

in The Lost Shores

Loosifah.4738

Nick, as I previously stated they said they were working on getting everyone their rewards. Have some patience man.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Polantaris.9513

Polantaris.9513

People who complained about the event even though they were online are truly fools. That I can agree on 100%. There was no reason not to go to the finale if you were online and able.

Your lottery example is highly flawed. Lotteries give at least a day, or more, to buy a ticket. Even if you are not there for the drawing, you still can win as long as you have a ticket. Here, even if you attended every other event (obtaining the ticket), but missed the finale (drawing), you’re completely screwed.

I don’t remember people complaining that the one-time Halloween event was pointless, I remember people complaining that the dungeon it unlocked was. The rewards were mediocre at best. They were sad that the one-time event was little more than a cutscene, but I don’t remember complaining that it was not giving out free crap. I remember complaining that the dungeon gave out crap.

Overall the concept of a one-time event is stupid for an MMO. This has been discussed plenty of times all over these forums in the past few days and there’s really no reason to disagree. Even if you got on, you experienced massive lag, disconnection issues, and all kinds of other problems. How ANet used to do events, back in GW1, were always the better way to go. Everyone was able to attend, and because they were multiple times over the day there was no excuse if you missed it outside of “Someone ran me over on the road and I was in the hospital all day,” or a situation similar to Hurricane Sandy (Which I think was handled well enough by ANet). To prevent chest exploit they could easily implement a 1-per-account policy. They have a 1-per-character policy already on many event chests. It’s not hard to adapt that to an account wide restriction.

Number 1 – No, they did not. A fair chance would be a 24 hour period of the event going on every 3 hours. Plenty of time for a lot more people to participate. Will everyone get a chance? No, but one solid 24 hour period for an event is where I can comfortably draw the line and say they tried to please the masses. And the technical issues were half of the problems in the first place.

That involves server infrastructure and other crap I’m not going to debate cause it’s irrelevant to the issue. The fact is they have servers on only one timezone. So everyone has to play during the hours they set and deemed the most populated statistically speaking.

Uh, what? No it doesn’t. How does the server timezone have anything to do with it at all? Everyone knows what is qualified as 12:00 Midnight on the server, 0:00 GMT. It’s very easy to translate that into a 24 hour period in which the event is available to you.

(edited by Polantaris.9513)

in The Lost Shores

Agenteusa.6380

That involves server infrastructure and other crap I’m not going to debate cause it’s irrelevant to the issue. The fact is they have servers on only one timezone. So everyone has to play during the hours they set and deemed the most populated statistically speaking.

They informed way before hand. They had problems but as someone pointed out in this thread they are going to compensate those that couldn’t get the chest due to technical issues.

Now they design their events the way they want. It’s not up to you or me to decide if it’s a 3 hour or 24 hour event…I mean come on… Besides expanding the event from what they had in mind would probably bring difficulties along the lines of people farming chests all night with different alts as they could. Goes beyond me and you what architecture limitations they have.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Joukehainen.5148

Joukehainen.5148

Wow. Good point, OP, I didn’t think of it this way. That is how games with stores work, though. :P

I’m still peeved bc the Euro rate is 20% more expensive than the USD rate bc the conversions in the store don’t take rates into consideration (10USD is NOT 10 Euros :P)

in The Lost Shores

NickChabby.8907

Nick, as I previously stated they said they were working on getting everyone their rewards. Have some patience man.

The sad thing is, their affirmation is quite vague. Does it concerns people getting disconnected right before the reward or anybody who stepped in the finale for a bit?

I couldn’t bare to fight the lag half way through the finale, does their promise of rewarding the disconnected players applies to me?

I’m patient, but I’d like to know what their plan is.

in The Lost Shores

Stormy.3519

@ Polantaris.9513
You said the well dude. The posts are bring our my sarcastic side, and its late here in Korea. I don’t think I can put as much thought into these post tonight. Well said again.

in The Lost Shores

Agenteusa.6380

Look, just forget it, I just don’t see the point to discuss about it with you or anyone else any longer. You’re not worth the time I would invest replying to you.

Your opinion (of someone who managed to get his rewards, important fact) is quite simple and can be summarized in one sentence regardless of what is said:
“You couldn’t make it, deal with it idiots”.
So I don’t see the point to push it any further, especially considering how you (or we) read/express posts incorrectly.

Didn’t think I were.

Your opinion (of someone who didn’t get his loot because he deemed the game was unplayable/had RL things to do and now is blaming others even if he was already told they are dealing with people who participated) is quite simple and can be summarized in one sentence regardless of what is said:
“I didn’t get my rewards, everything that people tells me is wrong cause I am the god of right”.

Besides I know I did my event cause I got the chest at the end. I don’t know for a fact why you didn’t you could just be making this up from skipping it and now realizing you shouldn’t have. who knows?

Just so we get on the same point.

Learn to respect the next one and you will get equal treatment next time.

in The Lost Shores

NickChabby.8907

Learn to respect the next one and you will get equal treatment next time.

And where did I get disrespectful? Though I admit my last post wasn’t my best, but I still don’t see how I deserve such an attitude in return… Oh well.

As for the rest: Whatever you think, be my guest.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Blob.2863

Blob.2863

I agree with OP he makes valid points with a well thought out arguement which is much better than alot of the whining people making the same point but doing it very badly.

in The Lost Shores

Stormy.3519

Wow. Good point, OP, I didn’t think of it this way. That is how games with stores work, though. :P

I’m still peeved bc the Euro rate is 20% more expensive than the USD rate bc the conversions in the store don’t take rates into consideration (10USD is NOT 10 Euros :P)

I first thought of in game stores with Eve Online, and how they could assign a dollar amount to ships that got blown up (remember that $1300 ship? kitten) based on the PLEX you could buy (in game play time) with real money and thought… you could do that with GW2 because gems have dollar amounts! It’s not exactly cost efficient to buy gold this way, kinda expensive really.
The exchange rate in GW2 for Euros and Dollars is the same? That’s insane! Bring the guy kittenes masks my friend, we going to Arena Net HQ.
Really mods…. Guy kittenes is kittenized? For shame…

in The Lost Shores

Agenteusa.6380

If you take the time to quote me and snip my text and say I’m not worth the time invested in a reply and after someone telling you that they are going to help you get your chest and you still keep complaining and after that you ask where you have been disrespectful, well I think the answer is in front of you.

I also don’t agree on some points with Stormy but i think we managed to have a healthy debate nonetheless.