Investigation by Miyani bugged?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: edsdame.5098

edsdame.5098

You said you will extend the Phase 1, because it was your fault that we couldn’t do it in the first place. Seems that you were lying. How should I trust you, if you are lying in small things like that?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Bob.8531

Bob.8531

Even the idea of restricting the Consortium investigation and the Miyani investigation to phase 1 is nonsense. What’s the reason behind it? The whole event ends the 18th, why can’t I go around investigating while others are fighting on the island?
If I’m not mistaken you could do phase 1 and phase 2 of halloween scavenging hunt (for the books) even the last days of the event, they were not restricted to -1- day.
I don’t care about the rewards, I just enjoy following leads and going around.. I started the Miyani investigation even before reading her first mail, thinking about what Zommoros said to me.

Please, extend these steps or make them available even after the event. Right now I’m very disappointed.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Roezz.5460

Roezz.5460

There were some events that we could not extend past Phase 1, unfortunately. Extending all events in Phase 1 would have been a much more extensive fix, requiring much more time to thoroughly regress. Given the time sensitive nature of the event, we extended what portions we were able to effectively.

Our developers are reading all of your feedback and are taking all the critiques on board.

We apologize that this means that folks are not able to complete the Miyani chain.

I wished there was some way I could express my level of disappointment succinctly, and in such a manner which would foster the game towards success, somehow. Unfortunately, where the game goes and the direction belongs to your company. It’s a shame. The level of failure in conjunction with a promotional weekend does not bode well.

On the other hand, the new dungeon rocks, is stable and well tested. I love it. Yet, it’s not pug friendly—no issues there from me, but it is what it iss—and introduces yet another “gear score” casual player issue. Another unfortunate circumstance.

(edited by Roezz.5460)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Adrathan.2048

Adrathan.2048

Are you kidding me?

So phase 1 bugs out rather early, and with no real in-game information provided by Anet, people stop at Noll because you guys (late last night) post saying Noll will be extended.

So people stop in phase 1 not realizing other parts of phase 1, that seem like they should happen subsequent to Noll’s quest, are actually totally different things that could be done at the same time, but are also bugged.

Come the next day, when you extend Noll, you choose to NOT extend the other quest because it’d be too much work?

And you only announce this well after people find out in-game (with the time spent and frustration gained) on the forums?

If you want some critiques, here’s a few:

1 – One time events should work the one time they run.

2 – Information should be provided in-game instead of via Twitter, Facebook or the forums.

3 – Don’t be so stuck on an artificial timeline for any future events. This is a sequence of 3 one time events, and so far 2 of them (for many/most people) haven’t worked properly. Will tomorrow’s work? Hyping something to “not be missed” and then having it fail only makes you guys look bad.

4 – Information like that in your post that I quoted should be provided BEFORE people waste time finding it out.

QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE
I hope you are joking. If you are not able to fix Npc in time for a one day event you should mail the reward to all player. A simple thing that will stop this rage (and my rage) against this game with this absurd management

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Sodom.4753

Sodom.4753

Are you kidding me?

So phase 1 bugs out rather early, and with no real in-game information provided by Anet, people stop at Noll because you guys (late last night) post saying Noll will be extended.

So people stop in phase 1 not realizing other parts of phase 1, that seem like they should happen subsequent to Noll’s quest, are actually totally different things that could be done at the same time, but are also bugged.

Come the next day, when you extend Noll, you choose to NOT extend the other quest because it’d be too much work?

And you only announce this well after people find out in-game (with the time spent and frustration gained) on the forums?

2 – Information should be provided in-game instead of via Twitter, Facebook or the forums.

3 – Don’t be so stuck on an artificial timeline for any future events. This is a sequence of 3 one time events, and so far 2 of them (for many/most people) haven’t worked properly. Will tomorrow’s work? Hyping something to “not be missed” and then having it fail only makes you guys look bad.

4 – Information like that in your post that I quoted should be provided BEFORE people waste time finding it out.

! A totaly sign !

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Calypso.9701

Calypso.9701

There were some events that we could not extend past Phase 1, unfortunately. Extending all events in Phase 1 would have been a much more extensive fix, requiring much more time to thoroughly regress. Given the time sensitive nature of the event, we extended what portions we were able to effectively.

Our developers are reading all of your feedback and are taking all the critiques on board.

We apologize that this means that folks are not able to complete the Miyani chain.

I’m not sure if you are lying to us by simply saying that critiques are taken onboard as it clearly does not show in what anet is producing. If that is the case maybe your devs should be a bit more transparent and list the critiques learned and the what will arise from the lessons learned. Forgive me for being sceptic but Anet has continuously broken promises and fail to deliver, makes me wonder what has been learned.

(edited by Calypso.9701)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: kaffaljidhma.1496

kaffaljidhma.1496

I don’t think that would change anything

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Keppers.8346

Keppers.8346

Are you kidding me?

I couldn’t agree more so i sincerely hope we can see some progress on the one-time events in the future and definitely on the communication about the state of the event. I’m not getting my hopes up though which makes i’m basically considering bothering with such events again.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: DARIOV.6701

DARIOV.6701

Anet, this is your fault….so find a way to pay my wasting of time in bugged events for part 1…
Nice work with part 2!
No more twitts or facebook details pls…i want to know about everythingin game!!!!Tnx

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Lady Mimic.3247

Lady Mimic.3247

I dont see why A-net can’t fix this event for a later time. Yes I know it will go against what they planned for it during this weekend. But alot of people have missed out on doing this scavenger hunt and we wasn’ t told not to bother with this part as they will disable it. At least put in an npc in that can give the reward or items we need to finish it. They did it with the halloween event so players can recieve the hat after the event has finished. I only needed to talk to the Largos guy to get the last item

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Aluano.1826

Aluano.1826

Nice bugfest event, pretty much everything in the scavenger hunt has been bugged …

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Glox.5942

Glox.5942

Argh come on….I know the game are free to play but these bugs are getting annoying. I had great hopes for the game, but I’m starting to have my doubts and as a result I won’t be buying more gems untill I know you are able to run a bug less event.
So if Wintersday proves to be bug less, then I will start supporting the game once more.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Severim.7938

Severim.7938

Testing testing testing.

Yak’s Bend – Bellenisa (Ele), Bellesina (Thief)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Eremko.6950

Eremko.6950

So let me summarize that – I was looking forward for this event for almost a month after Mad King’s event and:

1. On Friday the event started, was kind of laggy – I said, what the hell – it’s okay, this can happen and I logged of and logged in few hours later to complete the event chains – but I was stucked at Noll because Noll was bugged, I did wait few tens of minutes but wouldn’t able to complete it.

2. But suddenly a red post on your forums appeared that Noll will be fixed and WE WILL BE ABLE TO FINISH PHASE1 EVEN AFTER PHASE2 STARTED.

3. Phase2 started and it was pretty cool, I explored the new map and was kind of happy. Then the patch came up – Noll was fixed but Miyani and whole scavenger hunt chain was removed.

4. Few hours later red post appeared saying that Miyani chain was too much work to fix it and it was removed.

Seriously guys? Why did you lie to us that we’ll be able to complete Phase1 and then you just removed the chain completely? And what the duck means ‘too much work, removed’ – seems like you do not really care about your gamers.

Devs: “What the heck, it’s weekend, I won’t be fixing any events, it’s freakin’ Saturday and those guys did already paid us for the game. Lets just remove the chain.”

Bottom line: I guess that you didn’t really impressed the free trials that much.

(edited by Eremko.6950)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Zwergenbart.6415

Zwergenbart.6415

Invited two friends for the event;
played Torchlight 2 at the end.

Serioulsy… remove a questline that was bugged and therefore could not be completed in the original time frame?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: dymm.3625

dymm.3625

How about to send 5 Captains Council Commendations to players who was unable to finish because of bug, or even more?
Reward us for your fail, what do you think?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: lady.2106

lady.2106

Some constructive criticism…

Even if this might not tie in directly to the Miyani investigation, I (and others) have found the relevant information lacking. Personally I have no interest in facebook nor twitter. I actually loathe these sites with a passion, so having crucial information posted there and relying on kind people to rely this crucial information is a bit silly. I’d like future events to be detailed here at least, as to be honest a lot of time it wasn’t clear what was going on.

For example, on the event on Saturday night for me I was on an overflow server. Some karka popped up, we killed them, then had two moments of the big…crab thing before it apparently bugged or disappeared. Now we don’t know what’s meant to happen, so having some indecation would be nice. As much as people can search around, we’re not mind readers. We don’t know what’s meant to be going on, so a lot of the time these one time events feel like a bugged beta test. Again, having crucial information not posted on twitter would help. Well, help me anyway.

For the investigation, even if it was impossible to phase 2 it seemed a little pointless to extend phase 1 regardless. This isn’t to say I’m not thankful you did, but having people camp Noll, the largos or whoever in the plethora of bugged npcs and never finishing the event is tiresome. Not because we’re not getting a reward, but because we’re lacking part of the story. And the events don’t tell you anything, so these investigations are all we had to go on.

Time sensitive, one time events just don’t work. I’m sorry, it’s a nice idea and I’ll admit they were enjoyable. But if people aren’t seeing mobs, dc’ing, have a clue what is going on it’s not the best thing ever. Having personal instances might help I guess with this, or just not npcs who are there temporily and can become bugged. Due to the fact there’s actually bugged events in the world (the shark skill point challenge in Sparkfly Fen springs to mind) it must be clear that this isn’t the best thing ever.

All in all, thank you for the event. I’ll admit that I’m extremely disappointed that I couldn’t complete the quest, but will hope the handling of things gets better. Especially as this weekend, as said, probably didn’t leave a great impression on trial people. You guys can do a lot better!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Grauw.5276

Grauw.5276

4. Few hours later red post appeared saying that Miyani chain was too much work to fix it and it was removed.

No, you got that wrong; the Miyani chain was never bugged to begin with (well, except for Fahd, but that was explicitly states as fixed). I completed it just fine yesterday.

You just stopped looking for content after you found Noll was bugged. That you missed out on some other content because of that is your mistake, not ArenaNet’s.

(edited by Grauw.5276)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Mjorf.4036

Mjorf.4036

Grauw: Just because you could do it doesn’t mean everyone could. For me, the Miyani chain was bugged. Severely bugged.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Shoahson.6493

Shoahson.6493

Because of other, more important things, during this weekend I had only around 4 hours to spare on this event, before phase 2 began. Still, I would be able to complete whole phase 1 if Fahd wasn’t bugged. Now I read that it was just a waste of time. Thx A-Net. In future I will just ignore all one-time events. Will save me a lot of frustration, time, and waypoint fees.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: paelen.3821

paelen.3821

The phases are a horrible design. It doesn’t allow all players to participate.

From a personal and business standpoint, I understand the feeling you get that something is free to use. I understand the amount of people using something makes it ’feel’ like everyone does. Assumptions can be terrible. Please keep information released on your forums and/or your wiki. It’s your neutral ground. Just an opinion. hehe

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Laurelinde.4395

Laurelinde.4395

On the off-chance that forum feedback really will be taken on board…

I just want to add my voice to the people expressing disappointment about this event. As a starting point, I will freely admit that I just don’t like the idea of super ‘one-time only’ events because I think we should schedule gameplay around our lives, not the other way around. For me, at least, things are more fun when I don’t have to do them, I just want to. Unless it is something really, truly game-changing (thinking of Cataclysm in WoW completely altering the map, for example), I see no reason why any event is fixed to the clock and can only happen once – and even then, why it could not happen in other ways, such as via a cinematic the first time someone logs in, or as part of a triggered quest chain with phasing. It’s just something I dislike and kind of disagree with on principle.

Even apart from that, there’s then the issue that one-time events put a huge, sometimes unworkable strain on the servers because such a huge number of players are grouping in the same place at the same time. The culling and invisi-mob issues have been well discussed by others so I won’t belabour the point; I will simply agree that it makes it less immersive and often intensely frustrating.

Finally, whilst I understand that the developers are committed to a punishing schedule of new content releases – and this is not in itself a bad thing, since new content is generally what keeps an MMO fresh and vibrant – I am disappointed that the commitment seems to be to the schedule rather than to the outcome of player enjoyment and participation. Seeing these responses, it seems that maintaining the already tight three-day schedule is being given preference over breaking the schedule and allowing people to actually participate in the events, and it feels as though you value the idea of the game more than the actual players. Why host a party if no guests can attend? You’re celebrating an empty room.

To sum up, I agree that these events need serious reconsideration for the future. If you must have strictly time-limited events, rather than ‘event periods’ over a week or two, then you need better communication, both before and during the event; better testing of the event content itself and the extreme conditions under which it will be functioning; and more flexibility as and when things go wrong, which, as in anything, they inevitably will from time to time.

Sincerely,
A Disappointed Customer

Laurelinde & Cookie/Beorna Bearheart
[TWG] – Gunnar’s Hold
Always remember Wheaton’s Law

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kerishan.8460

Kerishan.8460

Lol, really? ANet fix the phase 1 and when you finally can help Gnoll you can’t procede because of “problem in fixing” lol, ANet you fail this event, really. Who can proced in that chain quest if Gnoll isn’t up? XD

Ridicolous.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Jewel.4850

Jewel.4850

I have seen the official response to the issue of the bugs in the Lost Shores quest lines.

It would have been helpful if it had

a) been made clear that we only had a tiny window in which do to the investigations
b) the npcs had not all been so severely bugged that I for one – along with many others – could not do the quests in time. And this was after spending hours attempting them.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Holiday.4376

Holiday.4376

Sorry guys, but I hear nothing but kitten here. I understand that everyone is frustrated, so am I. I didn’t get to see the event after being in the overflow for an hour, nor did I get to complete the phase 1 chain.

So we’re establishing that you had to suffer through this crap too, which makes it more mystifying that you’re brownosing anet on this one

Brownnosing? Because I’m willing to cut them ‘some’ slack for trying? Ok.

But it’s a work in progress. Anet is going out of their way to try new ideas to make our game fresh and exciting. And it’s free.

It is not free. I have 80 bucks sunk into the game on purchasing alone.

Other than the box content (read: Launch), did anyone twist your arm into purchasing gems?

Yes, free.

I think math lessons are in order here.

Indeed.

You bought gems? That was your choice to purchase, no one said you had to, to be able to play the game.

People who bought gems did so with the understanding that they’d have a fully functioning product to use them in.

And the things your purchased with the gems, did they not work? I could understand if you bought minipets and you got only one instead of three, or they didn’t show up in your inventory, period. But the content itself, still works. Yes, this ONE event is having lots of issues, I won’t argue that, but to write the whole thing off because YOU paid $80 expecting an MMO to function each and every time, is somewhat ludicrous.

You paid for the game? Show me on the “box” where it says “Lost Shores Content Included”.

Silly me. I assumed a product I purchased would work. I also made the educated assumption based on past experience that in the event of an issue ANET would address it properly with a respectful serviceful response instead of giving us vague misleading directions then blowing us off.

Again, here’s your issue – the product you purchased IS working. Why are you not getting this? ONE event, ONE, singular, is not working, but silly me, the whole game isn’t working. Hell I can’t even log in. It’s a virtual paper weight, right?

I get everyone is upset, so am I; a lot of you, however, are going a bit far with it. Everyone needs to take a step back and relax. There will be other content down the road, and hopefully Anet uses this as a learning experience for future content pushes.

They didn’t learn from the last “live” event set, and made all the same mistakes here. They clearly have no interest in improving their customer service one bit.

Ehh? The last Live Event came off almost perfect. Almost. Yes, a lot of people didn’t get to see the one time cut scene, or were dropped from the server, but after that one hiccup, everything else was pretty much spot on. Or were you not able to access the clocktower, the dungeons, or the minigames, or the take part in the group activities? If so, then I’ll give this one to you.

Hell, we still have the last act tomorrow, who knows what Anet has in store for us. It could be the thing that we’re all waiting for. Who, other than Anet, knows?

I fully expect this event to continue not working, and I will not be surprised to miss more content because ANET screws up their execution again. I also fully expect them to spit in our faces with a non-helpful “sorry you missed it, too bad” response when it fails

I can’t fault you for this, this event isn’t living up to expectations; the only thing we can do is wait and see.

Remember, this isn’t some faceless organization like EA – these people genuinely love their game, these are people with a passion, working weekends to further better your experience. Lets give them some benefit of doubt before we storm their headquarters.

They are employees, of a company, selling a product to consumers. The pride they take in it doesn’t change a thing. I’m proud of what I do every day, but no one would care how much blood, sweat, and tears I put into my work if I didn’t produce work product that did what it was supposed to.

Then get a better job. Where I work, the blood, sweat, and tears doesn’t go unnoticed. I can’t really comment further on this except that it doesn’t have to be that way.

Look, I’m not saying you don’t have the right to be upset, or any one else for that matter, but I think we could all ease up a bit.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: mjhungness.8059

mjhungness.8059

I love this game and the fact that I couldn’t play a lot of this weekend, either due to work schedules or bugs isn’t going to kill me. But, coming from an engineer, you guys made some crucial decision that relied 100% on a no failure mode, with no fall back planned if something did, in fact, fail. My recommendations, for what they are worth (hill of beans?):
1. One time events have proven, now, to be too risky with the technology you are using. Scrap them – make them available multiple times for real life scheduling and for mitigation due to technical difficulties.
2. Provide immediate responses back, in-game (you have an in-game mail system) relating to anything not going to plan.
3. Mitigate disaster – have backup plans in place for the event of bugs and key elements not firing correctly. I think you may be expecting success with no fall back for disaster. It just takes planning – do they have Failure Mode Effects Analysis in the software gaming industry?
Huge kudos to your team for attempting to pull off something big like this – the concept is amazing and the thought that went into much of the design of this weekend is fantastic. Get the product to market right the first time and fix it fast if it’s broke.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Sycle.2749

Sycle.2749

I agree I don’t understand why these events can’t be added as a Dynamic Event Chain and just make them available for the month. When it says 1 time I still think people who come in 6 months from now would have missed it to me a month long event is still a one time thing in an mmo. People miss out on the story completely because they are out of town or have to work.

(edited by Sycle.2749)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

I was wondering why I couldn’t advance the quest I didn’t have the option when I spoke to Miyani. Yet again it’s proven why 1 time events shouldnt be implemented in the future especially if they arent tested thoroughly

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: docbones.7453

docbones.7453

I dont understand why was the phase 2 quest line removed? That seems wrong, you do phase 1 from friday to saturday – bug fix was applied – so shouldnt the phase 2 search with Miyani be up till sunday noon?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: KineticFlow.2513

KineticFlow.2513

So because I went for a walk with my parents this morning instead of playing GW2, I lost the chance to complete the phase 2 treasure hunt? Does this mean I can no longer get some unique item or other at the end? Or is it just some achievement?

Edit: OK, so it seems Miyani chain was for phase 1 only, and because I missed it during day 1 I missed my opportunity.
Bah humbug ANet, you have made me unhappy. I feel like I missed out on something. I don’t even know where to go tonight for the last day, and feel generally stressed that if I don’t have my clairvoyance switched on I’ll miss out on something else because I arrive 5 mins late or am in the wrong place.

(edited by KineticFlow.2513)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Talon Silverhawk.5964

Talon Silverhawk.5964

You know something if you keep doing events like this but don’t fix bugs or leave unfinished work. Then players will just get fed up of it and go to other games.
Yes its a free to play but you still got a lot who use real money in your shop in game to buy stuff and less using real money means less for you.
I played GW1 for a long time now and even GW2 from start but to be fair this weekend I got so bored due to not being able to carry on something that I just could not finish that I should not of started in first place.
I done the 1st part of Phase 1 but cant do the Miyani chain.
This game had so many events working one day then next its bugged, then when you get it sorted then it bugged again.
Still a kitten good game, just sort the bugs out please

Colourseliteuk [CEUK]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: cainejw.7142

cainejw.7142

You want some feedback and critique?

Get your game together, ArenaNet. Right now, you’re looking less like Guild Wars and more like SW:TOR. NCSoft slit City of Heroes’s throat. You think they won’t shank you in the back to get some money back as their stock tumbles?

Start working on an AAA game, and stop playing amateur hour. The work done on Lost Shores has been an absolute, complete disservice to the Guild Wars franchise.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: frogfreak.5920

frogfreak.5920

It seems quite silly that knowing this event was bugged for so many people Anet did not just keep the NPCs for a few hours during phase 2. From the very beginning the Largos was bugged for me and throughout the entire day I checked back quite frequently to no avail and it was bugged every time.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kuredan.7463

Kuredan.7463

I understand that I didn’t “pay” for this free content. I get that. I would also accept that you were testing the game’s capability to do short-term one-time events. I would want ANet to take this home: “It didn’t work. Fix your stuff. Don’t do it like this in the future”

If there was that much of a problem with a free- to- play weekend event, I shudder to think what future content releases look like for people who paid for the game. Halloween went off well with some minor bugs. This did not. Learn from your mistakes and honestly, if I wanted to build good will, I would give free stuff to the people who started the quests but couldn’t complete because they were bugged. Hell, everyone who logged on for this event and were met with half-finished, buggy content.

Poor show guys, poor show.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: mongo.1562

mongo.1562

Maybe you guys should stop doing Events until you find someone that knows how to do them, Or test them in the least.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: UKNightWatch.5742

UKNightWatch.5742

It is good to see an apology. Sadly the apology is inadequate.

It is good that the developers are taking the critiques on board. We will only know that they are taking the issues, problems and critiques seriously when they prove it by providing events that are not so severely bugged – preferably not bugged at all.

As for not being able to extend events or such, ANet created this problem and did not adequately fix it. Many players (including me) are now in the position where they did a lot of work to get through questlines that are now permanently closed and will not get the reward becaudse, through no fault of their own, the cannot finish.

Now, in another thread, I wrote that I enjoyed phase two – or at least the parts that worked for me. This does not mean I have enjoyed the ‘event(s)’ this weekend. As with many others, I feel let down by ANet because of the (percieved) lack of planning that led to this horrible results and problems of this event weekend.

ANet should not be in the position that they have to apologise to players and players should not be made frustrated, maddened or wound up so much that they are now (read the threads) feeling like they should abandon GW2 are at least never spen another penny on it (store etc).

It is unlikely that the extremely poor implementation of the events this weekend will be the death of GW2 but ANet have some serious work to do to regain the trust of this player and I suspect many others.

I would hope that this post and the many others from disgruntled players are taken as a waking call to ANet. Further, I would hope that this post is not seen as an attack on any person or group and simply read as a point of view. Lastly, I would hope not to get infracted for expressing my point of view (or others get an infraction in a similar manner) – this would simply rub salt into the wounds and I really cannot see how this would make any player think better of ANet.

No rig in my sig? Only posted if needed!

(edited by UKNightWatch.5742)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Zapan.7460

Zapan.7460

Anet did the Beta Events well.
It was unfortunate that 3 NPCs related to 2 quests (Fadh, Noll, and Canach) were bugged (on seemingly most servers most of the limited time). Those 2 quests ended with a reward of Jug of Karma (the Noll and Canach one), and 5 Captain’s Council Commendation (the Fadh one). It was a fairly decent attempt at setting the stage for the new map by putting players involved in the lore of the moment, but a disappointing result due to the bugs.
As “one time events” so far, post launch have been= a one time animation sequence (to be seen on utube later that day), or a one time see or kill mobs in unusual locations (LionsArch gets a moment with enemy mob)…. I’d like to see more one time events that are repeats or similar to Beta events (see examples of Beta events on utube; Corruption in Ashford Plains was fun; Critter Hunt was bizarre; Hunger Royale was fun).

I suspect today’s “one time event” will involve an Ancient Karka on Southsun Cove that will become a regular timed event like Jormag, Tequatl, and Shatterer. I also suspect I will enjoy it!

Had there been a special item, rewarded from one, both, or either of the 2 quests, that one can’t get anywhere else ever, then continued expressions of the disappointment and frustration might be understandable.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Jakk.2385

Jakk.2385

The additions that have been created, such as fracts instance are a blast. But with that said, the implementation of the events/phases I have nothing good to say. Many of us are left out because we cant complete our current phase and its met with a SORRY . Hello but did you forget that we paid for this? We keep You in business. I dont want to take away from all at Anet that put their heart and soul into this game, but I cant help but be absolutely pissed with the arrogance that has been shown with this event and the issues that are being dealt with.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: zorifour.2173

zorifour.2173

I cannot start the Miyani Investigation, Pastkeeper Saballa is never there and theres no event to rescue her i waited 2 hours yesterday, went back today waited again and nothing,…. so this event is gonna be over and i cannot even start.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

I’m sorry, but I’m going to have to jump on the ‘this is not an adequate apology’ boat. Placing more emphasis on limiting the duration of the event than on making sure the event functions correctly is simply inexcusable.

Yeah, it’s a free update and I’m grateful that you guys are so willing to provide us with this kind of stuff, but I’d much rather not have it at all than have it and not be able to do it because you “don’t have time to fix it.”

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Alfador.7649

Alfador.7649

Then get a better job. Where I work, the blood, sweat, and tears doesn’t go unnoticed. I can’t really comment further on this except that it doesn’t have to be that way.

Look, I’m not saying you don’t have the right to be upset, or any one else for that matter, but I think we could all ease up a bit.

If you have a job that accepts failure I wonder how much pride you have in yourself, seriously. I love my job. It’s great, and it’s meaningful. I know it’s meaningful because the quality of my work has consequences. No one’s saying effort put in isn’t recognized, but honestly, if you fail, you fail. And on this one anet FAILED.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

We couldn’t do the myani quest chain, too.

Could you please provide us in future events with more details about what we should and could do and exactly when and how long?

It’s just disappointing and annoying.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: geekanerd.4123

geekanerd.4123

Whew. It’s hot in here. Yes, the Lost Shores event has been squirreled up in various ways. I get it. The complaints are largely valid, even if, in my opinion, the reactions are borderline crazy internet QQ suicide life-is-so-tough meaninglessness diatribes. So quit. Go back to your WoWs or FTP Star Wars or whatever the squid you drop GW2 for. Chances are, if a broken event is what is making you weep these woe-is-me tears, you’re probably not the type who is actively running dungeons with Guildies or friends. You’re probably not the type who can find a score other things to do outside of Lost Shores. And it’s just too much hand-holding to keep the lot of ya happy. So don’t let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

This isn’t excusing ArenaNet’s dropping the ball somewhat this weekend. It sucks. I’m on board with the sentiment. Only, it’s at a 8 right now, and it needs to be more like a 4. Maybe a 5. And, somehow, life will go on.

Also, I love the Fractals dungeon. It is pure kitten And, no, that’s not me just looking for something to like. I enjoy going in there with my Guild and working through it. A lot. Good work, guys.

[DIE] – FA
“Is it uplevel ranger season yet?”

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Hologramx.6402

Hologramx.6402

Now that I see no sequel is in phase 3 for both investigation, I guess the reason for them to disable Miyani’s chain might be something like: We managed to fix the first chain but it took enough time to deal with it and we don’t have any ETA for the fix of Miyani’s chain so we should disable it". Well, definitely their programmers need some sleep and I understand that.

Whatever it is, I think they should let us know the reason behind the scene so we can understand and sympathize instead of misunderstand and rage.