Lost Shores: Dignified anticipation!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: krynnus.7815

krynnus.7815

So excited for this! GG Anet, GG indeed.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Ok my money’s on gaining entrance where the Tengu are in Lion’s Arch .. the Shuttered Gate

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: WasAGuest.4973

WasAGuest.4973

The one time events are kinda neat; but can we move away from those and maybe move towards scripted scenes that play maybe upon each character’s first time entering these “new” zones.
That way, all players (new and old) can see and re-see the content. /suggestion

Also, yes please. NO more Risen, or any mobs that behave like them. They are so silly.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

Is that… Bubbles is comming? For real?! Would be amazing to see the coming of this one to Tyria in real time!

And I hope we get to know more about the Largos, I really want them as a playable race!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Zelkovan.2630

Zelkovan.2630

Wait, just a question, this update is taking place in the new build coming out today? I’m excited but i won’t be able to play this weekend, so i wanna at least know.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: BAMFZILLA.1850

BAMFZILLA.1850

It’s starting to look like anet plans to release entire world changing updates on a regular basis instead of just on special occasions. This seems like it could be really really awesome.

(edited by BAMFZILLA.1850)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: HornetOne.1640

HornetOne.1640

My social life is over. Should have said goodbye to my family and friends earlier.

So much to do, so little time

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

If we’re to go after any of the other dragons, it should be more Icebrood or Branded as they’re already setup (we already fight their lutenits).

But most likely they’ll be filling that gap of the Bay.

I’d also like to point out: So far a “one time event” is just a one time video then looped in game anyway. Mad King Thorn gave us all a video for the “one time event” then he still popped out throughout the day, just not in video form.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Rathe Daar.5027

Rathe Daar.5027

Guild Wars 2, Act 2: Trahearn writes his memoirs.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Spectre.4260

Spectre.4260

Seems they plan on releasing another major content update in December, as shown by it being locked next to November’s update.

(edited by Spectre.4260)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Deleven.7508

Deleven.7508

so, are they going to be making content like this every month?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Jericho.5940

Jericho.5940

Did u see that there is a grey and locked area for Dec. 2012!!!!!!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Cassius.8945

Cassius.8945

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Well, if it’s level 80 content I probably won’t get to it for a while. Hopefully the “one-time event” is something similar to the Mad King’s appearance in LA, that I won’t miss out on too much if I simply can’t access the new area.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: sirrell.6712

sirrell.6712

All that water looks perfect for FISHING!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Level 65 now… Can’t wait to be 80!

Looks like I’m going to be a recluse (once again =))

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Esorono.1039

Esorono.1039

Domination of Winds and playable tengu? \o/

Playable Tengu please!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Viledoom.7203

Viledoom.7203

Ya, that would be teh Wintersday stuffage methinks.

Anyhow, this Lost Shores thinghy is gonna be cool.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Shadowlancer.7102

Shadowlancer.7102

As someone has suggested, please video record the build announcement and the one time event as its getting way too late for many people to stay up, due to school, college, or work tomorrow.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Mutiny.4180

Mutiny.4180

And I hope we get to know more about the Largos, I really want them as a playable race!

AAAAAAAAAAAA! Me too! I’ll throw away my main for one if they’re ever an option.

Considering there’s a few in Mount Maelstrom, Straits of Devastation, and Malchor’s Leap, it seems very likely we’ll at least get to see more of them in this update. I’m so excited!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Veign.8694

Veign.8694

Could this be the map below ebonhawke in Field of Ruins?! or the tengu map?!

I wanna know!

Edit: Sea of Sorrows is the tengu place….base on the map its mostly water! means kraits megalodons and octopus!

but kitten water battles are completely different from land

(edited by Veign.8694)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Tyrick.9867

Tyrick.9867

This is for Wintersday which has been confirmed by devs. We cannot say if they will continue monthly content after that or not though.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Sokar Rostau.7316

Sokar Rostau.7316

I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong, but the update happening rtight now is not The Lost Shore. This update contains a “preview”, or a hint to what will be in the release on November 15th.

Also, please, while I think we all speak with one voice on the topic of “no more Risen”, have mercy and fix underwater combat’s many bugs before introducing major underwater areas. The single worst experience in this game is trying to fight Risen underwater in Orr.

Dragonbrand – Reforged Vanguard [ReVa]
Kyxha 80 Ranger, Sokar 80 Necro
Niobe 80 Guardian, Symbaoe 45 Ele

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Azthioth.9682

Azthioth.9682

If the 10 man dungeon is true and the new progressive dungeon is what they say it is, i might just log back in to play once this thing goes live.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: AppleHack.7340

AppleHack.7340

Are these boats new in LA or were they there before the patch? (another one is behind me)

http://oi45.tinypic.com/2unx2.jpg

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Juris Doctor.9842

Juris Doctor.9842

There’s also a warning sign on the beach below the diving rock in LA that I can’t find any prior reference to. It has a picture of a guy running away from something and a lot of New Krytan on it.

Tarnished Coast [US] | Kerrick – Guardian

(edited by Juris Doctor.9842)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ayane Hajinmon.9165

Ayane Hajinmon.9165

OMG could it be the Battle Isles? for some reason i just think of Embark Beach when i saw the pictures
but i heard its in Sea of Sorrow so…maybe Sanctum Cay lol

(edited by Ayane Hajinmon.9165)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Angry Angus.2187

Angry Angus.2187

There’s also a warning sign on the beach below the diving rock in LA that I can’t find any prior reference to. It has a picture of a guy running away from something and a lot of New Krytan on it.

The larger text says DANGER! “Board at your own risk”

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Zynnix.3408

Zynnix.3408

Maybe I just haven’t payed enough attention, but is this building new? It’s by the Claw Island Portage waypoint and has a deactivated Asura Gate, some symbols that I don’t know the significance of, and it just looks kind of odd.

Attachments:

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

OMG could it be the Battle Isles? for some reason i just think of Embark Beach when i saw the pictures >_<

Lol you were so excited I had to go look it up

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/The_Battle_Isles

And I’m reading and reading and I see “guild halls” …. !!!

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ditton.3149

Ditton.3149

They said guild halls werent even on their to do list in the stream they had today

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: sirrell.6712

sirrell.6712

They said guild halls werent even on their to do list in the stream they had today

They promised guild halls will be in the game, but they are not actively working on them at the moment, is what Colin Johanson said on the stream.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: cinemapaula.8673

cinemapaula.8673

Decembers content is to GW1 players, clearly going to be Wintersday! At the very least.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Very excited for playable Tengu race. But saddened at having already created a Warrior, Guardian.

I was really looking forward to making a Tengu named Talon Sliverwing. Maybe I should make him a thief?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Athidae.3870

Athidae.3870

Interesting find

Attachments:

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: HunterFox.2578

HunterFox.2578

Not sure as far as new races go but I doubt there will be Risen. The whole point was Zhaitan created them when he rose and wiped out Orr in the tidal wave and so on. With the origin of all the Orrian artifacts and such making undead they should pretty much vanish or at least not be in the new content. Maybe they’ll disappear completely fingers crossed.

What I’m looking foward to, but wont happen til next Chinese New Year in ‘14, is the opening of the trade routes that Zhaitan was causing to be closed. This will mean that there will be travel to Elona, Kamadan, and other gw1 expansion maps. I just don’t see them making an expansion so soon, even if they are on top of it for the holiday events.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Tapioca.9062

Tapioca.9062

Translated sign on LA beach

Attachments:

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Nebilim.5127

Nebilim.5127

Question, i read one time event on the site. Does it mean the whole area with everything else will disappear after?

The world is teeming with unnecessary people.
It is God’s decision that i fight.
As knight of honor, as protector of the sin. I sacrifice myself, for the blood of criminals.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Phaius.4698

Phaius.4698

Question, i read one time event on the site. Does it mean the whole area with everything else will disappear after?

Probably not, more that the event that sets the whole update off is one time.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: SilentDrifterZ.3610

SilentDrifterZ.3610

I don’t take credit for this, but someone on the server pointed out there were some beached whales, so I went over near the [Sanctum Harbor Waypoint] to investigate.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcugclX9zl1rj9lewo7_r1_1280.jpg

If you try to get too close to them, they’ll literally disappear.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcugclX9zl1rj9lewo4_1280.jpg

Obviously a glitch, but likely part of Lost Shores?

Leader of Heavens Arrow [HA]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: etiolate.9185

etiolate.9185

The Asuran portal near Claw Island Dock also looks active from far away, but then turns inactive once near.

Zed Zebes – SBI Mesmer

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Just a concern, but if level 80 players spread to other areas, what will become of Gates of Arah and completing our personal story?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Darknass.1903

Darknass.1903

It looks like we’re going to need a bigger boat.

HoD – Ranger, Ele, Guard, Engie.

“The best defense is a strong offense.”

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: xEtherx.6127

xEtherx.6127

I appreciate the new free content but can we please for the luv of god fix the current events and bugs first please. I bought this game because GW1 was a very good game and i enjoyed it for over 7 yrs. GW2 although good in its concept has been riddled with bugs, exploits, unbalanced/bugged traits and skills. I would really like to see Anet live up to GW1’s reputation with GW2 Which as many of the game’s review clearly state it is not. Anet please step up to the plate and make things right. As it stands right now if my GW2 account wasn’t bound to my GW1 account I’d sell my GW2 account in a heartbeat.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

I appreciate the new free content but can we please for the luv of god fix the current events and bugs first please.

As outlined in 1 of the blogposts, they’ve got different teams working on different things. New content is getting added and bugs are being fixed at the same time.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Arquin.1349

Arquin.1349

Hmm. They have more space than imaginable available and yet they chose Sea of Sorrows.

http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/backend/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/World-of-Tyria.jpg

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: dulfy.1493

dulfy.1493

Here is a compilation of the teasers people (especially the reddit community) were able to uncover so far after the new build.

http://dulfy.net/2012/11/02/gw2-the-lost-shores-pre-events-and-teaser/

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Arquin.1349

Arquin.1349

Here is a compilation of the teasers people (especially the reddit community) were able to uncover so far after the new build.

http://dulfy.net/2012/11/02/gw2-the-lost-shores-pre-events-and-teaser/

Ah, very interesting. I think my Sylvari has earned her holiday.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Plunder.8195

Plunder.8195

I am really looking forward to this!

But it does make me wonder, IF tengu are going to be a playable race, where are they going to put the starter zone(s) for them then? The sea of sorrows looks like running out of space rather quickly.

Some thought provoking quote

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: xEtherx.6127

xEtherx.6127

Dont get me wrong I want to see GW2 succeed but I honestly dont feel they are making an honest effort. They Either released the game way earlier then they should have or They are spread to thin " having different teams doing different thing" and should be focusing on fixing what is wrong and broken before even considering adding something new. Its like having a car that keep breaking down on you but your going tp spend a large portion of your resources to repaint the car because you would rather it look good then run smoothly. I.E Priorities come first.