Lost Shores: Dignified anticipation!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

…how did you all just overlook the giant kittening crab in the screenshot a few posts up?

Where is it!? I Want to poke it with things!

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Direngrey.1247

Direngrey.1247

Okay, this is pretty exciting now, tons of changes are happening in Lion’s Arch, strange boats are appearing, warning posters are being plastered discretely depicting dangerous beasts that look like massive crabs and krakens, and even whales are being thrown onto the beach without explanation.
Now, what does all this mean? Well, I think that we’re either going to go through the Tengu Wall in Lion’s Arch, and/or we hop on the boats that appeared in LA to take us to the Sea of Sorrows. Either of these are an exciting thing to do, we may even encounter a boss on the boats if that does indeed happen.
I’m expecting to find an ancient dragon or great enemy of some kind, possibly building a bridge with the Tengu or the Largos if they decide to help us fight in the Sea of Sorrows, either of them would be great.
The Tengu would be my favourite option, I just really want things to go smooth with them so we can play as ’em one day.
Okay, enough of my ramblings.

What do you think we’ll see in the Sea of Sorrows, and what else are you expecting?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

On the note of the dungeon, What about Primordus (HIGHLY unlikely), or a new(?) general of his for the bottom level/final boss of the new dungeon?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Luna.9640

Luna.9640

…how did you all just overlook the giant kittening crab in the screenshot a few posts up?

Where is it!? I Want to poke it with things!

Morgan’s Spiral

People who participated in betas would remember this ^^

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Dicemeister.9340

Dicemeister.9340

People from the Sea of Sorrows server attempting several “methods” to save the beached whale.

Edit: By the way, this whale makes some very sad noises. We need some Quaggan to the rescue!

Attachments:

(edited by Dicemeister.9340)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: callidus.7085

callidus.7085

lol you know, I’m still not done with the current content and new stuff is coming out.. I’m approaching 800 hours in game and I’m not done yet.. kitten I’m slow.

Slow down and smell the pixels.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Lady Vireo.5189

Lady Vireo.5189

Same here, callidus!! My eight alts aren’t level 80 yet…so much to do, so little time….

I love the smell of pixels. Your signature says it well.

A Dev has spoken:Cantha is definitely not cut from the game
Show your support for Cantha’s return in GW2! Please join us in the Cantha Thread.
Many thanks to Wooden Potatoes for his outstanding lore video, a real tribute to Cantha.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

Can we clarify all speculation right now:

1) The game is only 2 months old, so there will NOT be any new races. You will not be able to play the Tengu. Reality checked.

2) The Tengu gate most likely will not open (see below for why)

3) With translated text, and the fact that they actually added an Asura gate to Lion’s Arch, traveling to the new area will be by Asura Gate.

4) Everything posted thus far shows it’s relation to Pirates, not the Tengu. Pirates from Lion’s Arch are going to be making camp on the island(s) and will be main NPC’s in the new zone(s).

5) There’s a new dungeon. This came directly from the developer’s mouth that it’s expanding on level 80 end-game content (so don’t ask or assume a newbie dungeon).

6) The new zone is level 80, the EVENT is going to be for all (again, dev’s have said this).

7) I really, REALLY doubt that we’ll be facing another Elder Dragon this early in the game’s life.

8) No Thanksgiving related holiday event (quoted by dev).

Any others to clear up?

in The Lost Shores

skullmount.1758

People from the Sea of Sorrows server attempting several “methods” to save the beached whale.

Edit: By the way, this whale makes some very sad noises. We need some Quaggan to the rescue!

So I guess we can actually get up on the whale. Can’t wait to check this stuff out later, once I get home from work.

lol you know, I’m still not done with the current content and new stuff is coming out.. I’m approaching 800 hours in game and I’m not done yet.. kitten I’m slow.

Same here. But that just means we’ll enjoy the game longer

Darkhaven server

(edited by skullmount.1758)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Dicemeister.9340

Dicemeister.9340

So I guess we can actually get up on the whale. Can’t wait to check this stuff out later, once I get home from work.

Yes, and not only that, but there are buckets of water placed all around, I’m not sure if they were there before, but we were all throwing water at him trying to keep him alive! (Note – there isn’t really a health bar, just playing around) I think the coolest thing is that you can actually hear whale noises.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Hybrid Theory.7361

Hybrid Theory.7361

I’m going with it has something to do with the Leviathan from the Manifesto trailer

Steez | How Big Is Your Pvpness [EpeN] | Ruthless

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Athidae.3870

Athidae.3870

Still haven’t seen this on sites yet or any replies about it here in the forums so I’ll post it again.

Just the pic, talk to him yourself for some fun info

Attachments:

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: SquallofBalamb.8973

SquallofBalamb.8973

The pic (see below) from their tweet not long ago, we already have the complete one, right?

They’ve just released the second half on their facebook page.

Minion Master of Apex of Tyria
Warrior of GOLD
(Whiteside Ridge)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Gilgamesh.2310

Gilgamesh.2310

I imagine this Lost Shore update will be used to introduce the Deep Sea Dragon into the world. Not saying we will actually see the dragon, but at least people will know of it’s presence. Believe it or not, some players (if not most I guess) aren’t even aware that the DSD exists, as well as NPC’s in the game even question his (her?) existence. So far, it is the only Elder Dragon that hasn’t really messed with the five playable races (other than the supposed sixth one I guess).

Additonally, a few days before the event was offically announced, there was some Greek distributor of Anet’s (Beacon Multimedia I think it was called) that tweeted about the November update during the Halloween event. Now, at least one of the things they tweeted was 100% accurate, but for clairty’s sake here is what the tweet has to say:

• 3 day event that hides a mysterious threat (I assume this is actually the one time event. In other words, it not going to be a one time cutscene, but a one time event that spans over 3 days. As in, this 3 day event will only happen once and never again. Much like in World of Warcraft where they had temporary events prior to expanison releases; only happened one time but happened over the course of a few days. Also, the game director did say the one time event would be during the weekend of the update release.)
  • A new island (This part 100% confirmed, so no detail on this is needed.)
  • A new PvE game mode (Probably meaning the dungeon.)
  • New PvP features (The game director did say there was going to be a new map for PvP to be tested by players during this event.)

Take this for what you will, but I think they should communicate these things better. Not trying to bash them, and he did say they were going to try to communicate better. However, one time event could mean many things. They should specify if they mean if the event itself is a one time thing, or if during the event it will have a special event that is one time. Although, this event as a whole seems to be a one time thing, so who knows.

(edited by Gilgamesh.2310)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Direngrey.1247

Direngrey.1247

@Siphaed.9235, do you actually believe the event will happen at all? Seems like you’ve dismissed every single claim and not actually given your own, it’s easy to dismiss things.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: sol.4751

sol.4751

Another happy player here just wanted to say thanks anet. Halloween was amazing and I just love the game and experience. Thanks

in The Lost Shores

skullmount.1758

What about the priory tent? The one near/between a beached whale and one of the new warning signs. Has that always been there?

Attachments:

Darkhaven server

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Joshmans.8937

Joshmans.8937

So long as if theres new armor, it doesnt look exactly the same as base exotic armor, lol.

Gameisbad.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Parvil.6804

Parvil.6804

I wish I wouldn’t be forced to play underwater. This is one of the game’s aspects that im trying to avoid. I know it’s designed perfectly (just look at other mmos), but it still makes my game uncomfortable. Maybe because of my weird elementalist’s skills -_- Anyway, I can’t wait to see this event live.

Cheers

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

The new zone should be interesting, and can’t wait to see what said event it gonna be.
Also…
Bubbles!
(Wonder what his actual; name is though. Maybe there finally going to reveal it?)

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Viledoom.7203

Viledoom.7203

Near the tailoring station and bank there’s a new ship building (can’t enter it) with 3 water wheels… or did I somehow completely not see that before?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ronin.5038

Ronin.5038

Beached whales?
Looks like i finaly found a use for my mortar and flamethrower.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

I know how low the chances of this are, but… Please Playable Tengu!!!!

So sad we lost out on Tengu for the sake of Sylvari. So fail..

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Calsifer.6079

Calsifer.6079

My speculation on the zone location:

I think the zone will be accessible from Sparkfly Fen. There is a boulder blocking a path to an area which looks pretty darn tropical to me. Pics attached.

Attachments:

Ninja Stokk – Thief. CD.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: mingnonchan.2851

mingnonchan.2851

Another possible location might be the island south of Claw. Though it might be a tad small for something medium-sized though.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Zhaneel.9208

Zhaneel.9208

I am excited for this. Underwater areas have so much potential!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Cures.7451

Cures.7451

<… very very happy player, whatever the event will bring

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Jia Shen.4217

Jia Shen.4217

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Could-we-get-some-idea-of-the-Lost-Shores-prereqs/613461

This dev post indicates level won’t be a problem. But implies scaling up since obviously scaling down doesn’t include someone who couldn’t participate due to level. With that said and without reading this thread as I suspect there probably are spoilers to the current game content, I don’t know if this question has been asked/answered. Will this event have anything to do with the current content in such a way that if we haven’t finished the game on one character it would be pointless to take part in it? In other words would it be like jumping into the middle of a book without reading the content of the book prior to that point in the book? Obviously valid concern since I’m sure quite a big chunk of the player base is casual enough or just started and in no way feasible could complete content to properly enjoy the one time thing. Not to mention any concerns about the day of the week and time that occurs at.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Jelle.2807

Jelle.2807

Just popping in to add to the list of happy players. Great job I love the story build up!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Tyler.8751

Tyler.8751

I don’t know much about this place right now, I just hope its not all underwater. Even if its mostly underwater I probably won’t enjoy it. I HATE everything to do with underwater mechanics in this game, they feel so awful to me.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Gibbel.5734

Gibbel.5734

I love underwater ! And a entire zone with the underwater artwork/designs they are using now like in LA etc .. would be freaking epic..

Also engineer harpoon mechanics work perfect !
If only less mobs would go invulnerable it’s gonna be awesome.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Lyonell.1753

Lyonell.1753

If it’s as good as the hallowing one then I be loving this a lot. kitten that clock tower puzzle was good!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Draghmar.2594

Draghmar.2594

I don’t know if it was posted before but I found another poster.

Attachments:

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kyndron.8340

Kyndron.8340

I love sneak peeks and easter eggs, so I went looking! There are three beached whales in Lion’s Arch (the first is dead, the others are alive) and also some large ships. Interestingly, the whales are surrounded by water buckets, but pouring water on the whales doesn’t seem to have an effect.

Attachments:

Jenju – level 80 norn ranger
Server = Desolation
Guild = Miscellaneous

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: dronzer.8392

dronzer.8392

I found it quite funny that when i went there, there was alot of people standing on the whale and pouring water over it, its nice how people can be so caring… even if it’s in a virtual world..
it would have been far simplier to push the whale back into the water though…. :P

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

Wish there was an event to get them back into the water. Seems so cruel that we can’t do more to help, virtual world or not.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Naoko.7096

Naoko.7096

I’m anticipating this event too. They did a great job on halloween. (There’s still much improvements such as the fun factor in RNG BLC and the timing for oceanic players. It’s their first try so they’ll improve. I’ll give an overall personal rating of 8/10.)

The event sounds like there’s going to be alot of underwater. I feel neutral towards underwater because of bad experiences and high difficulty. Let’s hope they can make underwater experience more fun.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Sernius Alathar.6538

Sernius Alathar.6538

I’m pleasantly surprised to see another event so soon after halloween, I was very impressed with Halloween and how it unfolded and it was a hell of a lot of fun, clocktower FTW!

The new event looks interesting so many theories going through our guild chat. So far we have come up with:

*Based on the zaishen engineers near the fort the rebuilding of the battle isles/embark beach.

• Our friendly deep sea dragon stirring closer to Tyria (We already know it’s caused problems for the deep sea dwelling Lagos, Krait and Quaggan)
  • My one wish is to see the flags of the Imperial Fleet from Cantha, I wanna go back to the Jade Sea and the Echovald Forest now that Shiro’s curse is gone. We thought maybe since zhaitans forces are slowly being destroyed now with his death that contact might be re-established with the other nations.
  • The map in the house shows routes leading towards Amnoon Oasis near the Crystal Desert, old deldrimor lands, the tarnished coast, scavengers causeway and into Tyria suggesting perhaps an invasion or exploratory force of some kind from the south.
  • Even talk of the Corsair and Elonian Refugees .
  • Also it might not be the Deep Sea Dragon, that crab looked a bit like a Destroyer Crab, Primordus could be stirring we know Destroyers have been seen on the Kessex side of the great wall.

Whatever it is, I;m sure it will be great can’t wait for more info.

• Oh someone mentioned earlier about the chunk of land between LA and Kessex, I believe that is the D’Alessio Seaboard down to Riverside Province which we know resides within the Dominion of Winds now.

(edited by Sernius Alathar.6538)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

My social life is over. Should have said goodbye to my family and friends earlier.

So much to do, so little time

Heheh..the trick is to get your friends and family hooked on GW! Unfortunately for me, my husband has no interest in MMO’s, my son is a FPS kid, and my daughter is a Homestuck cosplayer/diehard Ragnarokian. /sigh

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I hope ANET puts in an event to help the whales!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

OMG could it be the Battle Isles? for some reason i just think of Embark Beach when i saw the pictures >_<

Lol you were so excited I had to go look it up

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/The_Battle_Isles

And I’m reading and reading and I see “guild halls” …. !!!

The Battle Isles are in the Clashing Sea, though, not SoS. However! SoS is where the trade routes are. http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Sea_of_Sorrows

The land must have shifted during the Cataclysm, since it also says that Orr is buried there.

I haven’t finished this first story yet, but assuming we defeat Zaitan:

I’m going to speculate that opening the SoS gives us access to the Zaishen order.
Since we are likely a ways off from true expansions, I’m guessing we will have to cooperate with the Zaishen to help re-open these trade routes by clearing out all sorts of undesirables and making alliances with potential friendlies. I’m also guessing that the undead will not be going anywhere, but maybe they won’t be as strong or organized since Zaitan may be gone, or dormant somewhere, licking his wounds.

If the risen were removed completely, the game would have to be completely altered for new players, and none of them would have the chance to experience the same content that we have.

I wonder if we will see the return of the Muursat.

At any rate, I hope we get to reopen the trade routes and maybe ports, here and there to Cantha and Elona. I miss Vabbi something awful. It was my favorite zone by far, in all of the GW1 series.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

I don’t know if it was posted before but I found another poster.

Here’s what I could translate that into:

Beware

Flesh-eating Swarms

Lion’s Arch Authorities are diligently combating an unstoppable onslaught of flesh-eating swarms. We apologize for the inconvience. We ask that, for your own safety, to stand close and to let our professionals die horribly so that you may continue to live. If you rank yourself among the righteous then by all means assist in the extermination process. We are certain that somewhere, someone at some time will be grateful for your heroic, if not pointless, sacrifice.

I know what this means. It means that we’re going to be fighting swarms of flesh-eating crabs during the event. Yes, that’s it. Although instead of fighting it might be easier to get some powder for them ;0.

(edited by Siphaed.9235)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: monepipi.5160

monepipi.5160

Please, no more Risen

I’m sick and tired of Risen. Doesn’t help that the best karma and loot farming in is Orr. I actually prefer Frostgorge Sound for my own personal farming just because there. is. no. kittening. Risen.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Natural.7013

Natural.7013

Whole,thing will be Meh. They need to get WvW and Spvp rolling harder or this game will continue to leak players. A little zone isn’t going to do much for some of the dead areas including the mists sorry to say.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Rolando.9437

Rolando.9437

Ooops!!
Look above!
A Meh creature!!!
I thought they were extinct due existential numbness.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

Whole,thing will be Meh. They need to get WvW and Spvp rolling harder or this game will continue to leak players. A little zone isn’t going to do much for some of the dead areas including the mists sorry to say.

Really? They just added paid tournaments and said there’s a lot more PvP features coming. You do know there’s many different teams working on the game, the PvP team is just one amongst many others, or would you prefer them have one huge PvP team and nothing else.

Besides, “a little zone” added to PvE means a boost to PvE, which, as you may or may not know, is also a large part of the game.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

When I told my newly minted Charr necromancer about all this, he responded by muttering Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn then scrambling up the nearest tree.

Are we so sure we want to know?

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Sernius Alathar.6538

Sernius Alathar.6538

Whole,thing will be Meh. They need to get WvW and Spvp rolling harder or this game will continue to leak players.

More work making an aspect that makes up a whopping 5-10% of the entire game content, lol much. Suggesting the WvW/sPvP aspect of the game should be more important then the actual game is kind of insulting to the content designers don’t ya think. expecting my comment to fall on deaf ears as the PvP’ers are all about “me, me, me”

I reckon it will be Zaishen related too, be cool to see. The isles were devastated by the rise of orr over 100 years ago, they have had plenty of time to rebuild. They used to house the guild halls, the zaishen menagerie, PvP arenas and battlegrounds. It also had embark beach which was an outpost that allowed for the departure to anywhere in the world.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: mingnonchan.2851

mingnonchan.2851

Is it just me or are the ‘Arr you ready?’ posters starting to crop up in more places?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: BowmasterSol.3457

BowmasterSol.3457

They did mention a new PvP game for this update, and if players really like it they’ll add it to the sPvP rotation. So not sure why sPvP players feel left out.

Knowledge is power.