Lost Shores: Dignified anticipation!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: spreasgeet.8732

spreasgeet.8732

ok who’s good at translating? lol

(Ok top line says “In Memoriam” .. but that’s as far as I could get … oy, my eyes!)

it says:

In memorium

Osh Modan, captain of
the Valor
The first of many who
have paid the ultimate
price for our city’s
freedom. May their coura-
geous sacrifices be re-
m e m b e r e d.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: insaneshadow.1654

insaneshadow.1654

When the first posters warning players to be careful in the water popped up, some of my fellow guild member tried translating it (Reddit beat them to it). One of them translated squirrels and thought it was squiddels. We immediately changed his mumble name to squiddel.

Gust Root | Letum Folium | Lo Bridge | Snow Spot | Roland East | Nascharr | Bjorn Microbrew
Yak’s Bend
Lincoln Force [BOMB]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

ok who’s good at translating? lol

(Ok top line says “In Memoriam” .. but that’s as far as I could get … oy, my eyes!)

it says:

In memorium

Osh Modan, captain of
the Valor
The first of many who
have paid the ultimate
price for our city’s
freedom. May their coura-
geous sacrifices be re-
m e m b e r e d.

Oh you’re brilliant! Thank you! I couldn’t read the teeny tiny type.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Something I found yesterday in talking to NPCs .. it’s not much, and has probably been there the entire time, but I think it hints at things to come!

Attachments:

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ruggy.7819

Ruggy.7819

The one thing i’m dreading from a tropic/piratey/sea monstery piece of content…

Water combat.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: nuffy.7930

nuffy.7930

Will there be a new dungeon merchant?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

Friends, I had a flash of insight while eating a ham and cheese sammich today. The creature depicted on the LA warning posters can only be UberQuaggan, the Quaggan of Quaggans. All you Quaggan haters out there had better get your moa chicks in a row while there is still time, for the hour of judgement draweth near!

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Natjur.4017

Natjur.4017

What if the Dragons are NOT the biggest threat to this world but in fact were awoke to take on the REAL threat. Except, we took down the dragons, so now, we have to take on the WORLD killer.

Or its just a new place where you get the sun bath emote.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Alberel Leonhart.9640

Alberel Leonhart.9640

Something I found yesterday in talking to NPCs .. it’s not much, and has probably been there the entire time, but I think it hints at things to come!

Whilst I’m pretty sure this is unrelated to the Nov 15th update I wouldn’t be surprised if the dragons’ purpose is to remove the magic from the world (as indicated in the Asuran PS) and this will ultimately all tie in to recovering the bloodstone fragments.

All these teasers for the new region are pretty nice though. I’m just hoping for no more risen like everyone else…

(edited by Alberel Leonhart.9640)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

What if the Dragons are NOT the biggest threat to this world but in fact were awoke to take on the REAL threat. Except, we took down the dragons, so now, we have to take on the WORLD killer.

Or its just a new place where you get the sun bath emote.

Now I’m thinking we have a Darth Nihilus on our hands. xD

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: rebalnz.3869

rebalnz.3869

god i hope its not underwater content unless they overhaul underwater combat. get bored and angry after 5mins from being in the water. don’t think i could handle a new zone based in the water.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Fasalina.6571

Fasalina.6571

What I’m waiting for is the new “great” dungeon that they are planning to put in that place.
They said it’s really big, with multiple levels, and foes get harder as you go in.

What I’d really like (but most likely it is impossible to get) is:

- divided by floors, going from 1 to say 100 (depends how big you want it to be, you can always add lvls later through a discovery or something)
- labyrinth style that encourages exploring with mini bosses and final floor main boss and “trash mobs” that don’t let you skip them. The main point here is you have to first find the boss “room” before you fight it
- improved loot, and here I’m not saying that all trash has to give exotics but at least they could have a good drop chance, not to mention that bosses should have even better loot tables
- “trash” mobs that go from normal (floor 1 to 10), to bronze (10 to 30), to silver (30 to 50) and so on also increasing the mobs stats and skills as you go further in.
- clear telegraphic attacks for the mosses and mini bosses
-traps, everyone loves traps, say the traps we get in the pirate jumping puzzle in Lion’s. I wouldn’t also mind traps that teleport you back 2 levels or such.
- dungeon scaling that can provide a great experience to people that would like to “solo” or duo it for the thrill.
- waypoints in dungeon that let you pay x silver/gold to get there, once you activate it once. (you have several possibilities here, I personally like the idea that all party members must have it activated or the party won’t be able to port there.)
- underwater parts ( I know most of the players hate underwater combat, and this is coming from a Thief main (thief uw combat is generally considered really bad))

I can’t think of anything else right now.

I wonder how much of that stuff is really implemented in it, I’d be happy if even half of it would be.

(edited by Fasalina.6571)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Raap.9065

Raap.9065

With the few details we have so far, I can’t say I’m too interested yet.

A small new island (judging by the map) that doesn’t seek to replace Orr ‘end game zones’, a new dungeon and sPvP map, and a 3 day pre-event. Probably some bug fixes aswell.

At this point, it sounds a lot smaller than the halloween update, and I’m hoping the update contains a lot of WvW fixes/additions, but so far we’ve really heard nothing.

And judging by the lack of posts in this thread I’d say the general anticipation is on the low side. Give us more reasons to be looking forward to this update, ArenaNet?

Swift Mending – Guardian
Thorny Scrub – Thief
Desolation

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

has this always been there?

Attachments:

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: BowmasterSol.3457

BowmasterSol.3457

@Grevender- Yes. That’s a DE that I remember doing about 3 to 4 weeks ago possibly longer.

Knowledge is power.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Dormedas.9524

Dormedas.9524

has this always been there?

That’s been there since beta.

Warrior – Hellion of Heaven — Sanctum of Rall

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

Pretty sure that’s a skill point and you couldn’t get there in open beta.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I really love Fasalina.6571’s labyrinth idea. An instance randomizer similar to a Mystery Dungeon game would add some great replay value.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ryuujin.5760

Ryuujin.5760

One time ONLY event for level 80 only? I’m not level 80 yet. =( Please say its not only for 80 players?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

One time ONLY event for level 80 only? I’m not level 80 yet. =( Please say its not only for 80 players?

The mentioned in the interview on twitch that they would use the level up system like they do in WvW. I’m pretty sure this new content update will be accessible to all.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

oh, and in case anyone is curious about how the ship in LA is inside, I made a pic…

Attachments:

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ryuujin.5760

Ryuujin.5760

The mentioned in the interview on twitch that they would use the level up system like they do in WvW. I’m pretty sure this new content update will be accessible to all.

+1 Thanks for that info!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Fasalina.6571

Fasalina.6571

I really love Fasalina.6571’s labyrinth idea. An instance randomizer similar to a Mystery Dungeon game would add some great replay value.

Yep, it’s like having a small dungeon crawler game inside a game!

Heck you could also connect it with the lore, say, make the dungeon to be the entrance to another dungeon like the underworld or something

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

With the new stranded whales, I really think this is about the emergence (or at least the first time we see him as he already is in the world even though no one knows it) of bubbles/deep sea dragon. That would explain how whales would go that far and end up stranded on LA shore, as they would be fleeing from DSD madness.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

I’m definitely excited for this event, and it’s amazing what some of you have uncovered about it already, good finds!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: psydrome.1468

psydrome.1468

Is this new? Look under Sea of Sorrows on your map…
http://s10.postimage.org/xdal74q3d/gw106.jpg

Or was this already in the game?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Angry Angus.2187

Angry Angus.2187

Already there @psy

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: graceangel.3618

graceangel.3618

Okay, first of all…

Major content update! Eeeeeee! So excited!!

However, I’m not one of those players who is sitting around at 80 with nothing to do. I just barely reached 80 and am still looking at a mountain of wonderful content I have not even begun to climb—a chapter or two left of my personal story plus only ~35% world completion, and no way have I caught every DE in the zones I have finished. I’m one of those stop and smell the roses people who takes forever to finish stuff.

So needless to say I’m wondering, will this one time event that changes Tyria forever actually make it impossible to complete content that’s currently in the game? Will it only add content, or will some of the DEs, etc. currently available become obsolete?

Maybe this seems like a weird question, but I just don’t want to miss out on anything!

I know a lot of this info is new and we are all still guessing, but has anyone seen any info about this in podcasts from the devs, etc? Any idea if there is stuff we absolutely MUST finish now or miss out on once Lost Shores is released?

still reading through the thread, but this pretty much sums up my situation. I’m also itnerested to know if there’s stuff i have to finish before that update.. so i don’t lose stuff i can never go back to do.

then again, telling us what those are might be spoilers.. and they might not say.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

It’s not in ANET’s nature to pull off some form of cataclysmic event that’ll prevent players from reaching a map that was previously accessible and lock content out that was in the base game a player bought (i.e. I’m not talking about festival events). Their design philosophy points to adding further content with these events rather than locking content to make way for more, so I wouldn’t worry.

Not a solid answer, I realise, as I’m not a dev, but I just don’t see that ever happening. They may destroy something permanently, but I’d be very surprised if that something prevented new players from seeing a part of a map that was previously accessible, rather it would be a landmark like the Lion Statue.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Anyone find anything new lately? Only thing I’ve notices is that vacation poster seems to be multiplying. Anyone find what that other dark spot on the map is yet? (One was another ship, correct?)

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Massively has given us some new info on whats gonna be in the patch/update.

mmorpg also has some info.

Also has pic of new enemy type.

Attachments:

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

in The Lost Shores

Tanith.5264

Karka, huh? UberQuaggan has chosen some strange minions.

Gate of Madness server

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Noviere.7309

Noviere.7309

I’m excited about everything mentioned in the articles… Though the new tier of gear is a bit worrisome… I hope it’s not a trend they follow, where every few months we have to upgrade all of our gear.

in The Lost Shores

Tanith.5264

The gear doesn’t interest me so much as these “karka” (similar name to “kraken”, I note) creatures. My not-working-so-well-attempt-at-starting-an-UberQuaggan-cult posts aside, what are they supposed to be? Harbingers of “Bubbles”? They look genuinely scary.

Gate of Madness server

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Noviere.7309

Noviere.7309

The gear doesn’t interest me so much as these “karka” (similar name to “kraken”, I note) creatures. My not-working-so-well-attempt-at-starting-an-UberQuaggan-cult posts aside, what are they supposed to be? Harbingers of “Bubbles”? They look genuinely scary.

I’d say that’s as good a guess as any. One of the articles mentions learning more about them as the event progresses so we’ll know soon enough. They do look quite alien, which I like.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Valdoron.7821

Valdoron.7821

I love you guys. I enjoyed the game so so much. And yet you kept surprising players like me. It’s not even a month after the Halloween patch.

I spend over 100$ (not much) in gem store for town clothes, keys, skins and I’m so glad about having those things. I will spend more with all those awesome game content out there, constantly improving in WvW (weekly transfer, remove of the orbs), man you guys ARE listening to the community. I have the urge to spend a lot more in the gem store (just for the curtsy of the awesomeness of the game). Especially on different kind of skins (so please, add more armor / weapon skins available for purchase).

Thank you so much for putting all those great content together and making a great game! The only concern I have for the current game play is the botting issue which can be seen everywhere. But I believe it’ll go away.

:)

It won’t go “away” because they are gold farmers who live in Asia who are also professional hackers who you will see in every MMO because most game companies don’t have the money or resources to deal with all these hackers, even when they have people like you spending all your money on pointless gem store items like more town clothes. I think you might have more fun with The Sims. lol