Precursors, really?

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

large gold chests didn’t have 100% of getting 2 exotics before and they increased the chance of precursors from this chest. thus the chances of getting a precursor just increase some thousands of percent.

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Arklain.6429

Arklain.6429

Seems a lot of people are in the same boat as me then, also Kita, count your guild lucky, one of my guilds is caught in a massive rage war over this, half feel cheated and furious, demanding stuff etc. While the other half rile them up by rubbing their luck in.

Anyone remember Mad King’s Tower? Everyone had the same hard work cut out for them, but oh guess what, when you finished it, at last, you never felt cheated, because everyone got the same level/worth of loot, this should have been the same, with everyone getting a set criteria.

Actually I DID get a precursor out that chest.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Legendary Grenth.3561

Legendary Grenth.3561

this is why my vote is for precursors to be Soulbound on Acquire. People buy and sell them on the market to make money. hurts the economy and makes other stuff virtually more expensive and unaffordable

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

Seems a lot of people are in the same boat as me then, also Kita, count your guild lucky, one of my guilds is caught in a massive rage war over this, half feel cheated and furious, demanding stuff etc. While the other half rile them up by rubbing their luck in.

White knights vs Black knights. The black knights complain about something they don’t like, while the white knights complain about the black knights. Rage always ensues in this scenario.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Esrever.8613

Messing up the market? By adding more of the item to the market, thus lowering the price and making them more easily obtainable? Tell me who doesn’t know anything about economics again?

yea its like the us congress just printed more money for the heck of it. Who doesn’t love money right? It then makes money easily obtainable? tell me who doesn’t know anything about economics again?

I don’t know. Probably the guy trying to use printing more currency to lower the “cost” of a currency as an argument. Supply and Demand, it’s simple really. Let me put it in terms you can understand. People want precursors. (That’s demand btw) There are not many out there (or werent)(thats the supply for your simpleton head) thus the price is high.

The us congress as you just put it, added more of the precursors TO the market. Thus the supply is higher, the demand is the same, the prices will go down as people try and sell theirs. If there was any part that made your brain explode I’ll try and dumb it down into 12 year old terms.

Ill just assume you got a dent in your skull. People want money just as they want other things. this is demand. printing money gets rid of demand, problem solved?

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Leo.6817

Leo.6817

You were like what, 1 in 10,000 then? Every single person I have ever talked to except you got the same level of reward from MK tower, don’t see how that’s unfair at all. You got lucky.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Bob.8531

Bob.8531

you did not have to be ‘lucky’ to get a precursor in the event, you were simply ‘unlucky’ if you didnt

You had to be lucky to get one and unlucky not to get one. It’s simple probability.
I guess you were unlucky and so the whole thing was poorly designed?
(I didn’t get one. couldn’t care less)

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Arklain.6429

Just like the people here got lucky.

Esrever, you’re not even worth arguing and quite frankly I can hear feel my brain cells committing suicide one by one with every word of your post I try and read.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Esrever.8613

its easier to feel them individually when barely have any to start with I see.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Moon.7310

Moon.7310

It’s just luck and the good thing is that the prices for precurses are dropping. And not everyone who got a precurser is a millionair now. One of my guildies got the “awesome” trident precurser, it is worth 8 Gold lol

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Leo.6817

@Bob, no it was poorly designed because tons of players feel bitter and cheated and everyone is raging at each-other, (At least this is the case on my server) I actually were hesitant about saying anything or making a thread as I thought it was just me, but after seeing how much and how many people were fighting over this, I thought I may as well put my opinion forward so that ‘maybe’ something will happen and change for the future. What’s done is done, I doubt they will be mailing precursors to everyone who did not get it, though, learning from their mistake and admitting it could certainly help, I dunno, ‘ease’ the tension?

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Riel.2160

Riel.2160

People complained that precursors prices where too high and too random now they flood market with few pre
prices went down a little and so everyone is complaining once again

and this is how world works you will never be able to please everyone
(and no I did not get pre only pure kitten that went into 2 ecto)

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: epicsmooth.7825

epicsmooth.7825

@Bob, no it was poorly designed because tons of players feel bitter and cheated and everyone is raging at each-other, (At least this is the case on my server) I actually were hesitant about saying anything or making a thread as I thought it was just me, but after seeing how much and how many people were fighting over this, I thought I may as well put my opinion forward so that ‘maybe’ something will happen and change for the future. What’s done is done, I doubt they will be mailing precursors to everyone who did not get it, though, learning from their mistake and admitting it could certainly help, I dunno, ‘ease’ the tension?

No matter what people were going to feel “bitter” or “cheated” or whatever, people love to kitten and moan about anything.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Bartho.7896

Bartho.7896

Yeah its pretty sad how anet is giving everything to the whiners who spent more time whining on forum than actually playing and working towards a legendary.

No matter how high the chance was, fact is that the precursors dropped about 50% on price. When actually only Dusk, Dawn and maybe Legend and Hunter were overpriced. All other precursors had either the right price (150-250g) or were underpriced.

Now since anet decided to hand over 25% of a Legendary on a silver platter, the price on most precursors is laughable. Hell, most precursors cost now less than 100 Icy Runestones lol….

So basically precursor that used to be cca. 25% of the legendary, is now 5-10% of the actual legendary. Now you can argue on the RNG, but you cant argue with the fact that Precursor is now by far the easier final “gift” for Zommoros. From hardest to easiest after one single event is always wrong!

I wish anet would have sticked to rewarding the 20-slot bag and the Earring only, those were pretty nice rewards, and actually made up for your time. So what will be next? Clovers dropping out of xmas presents? Cant wait to see more depreciating of others work.

(edited by Bartho.7896)

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: DanceLikeDarwin.2943

DanceLikeDarwin.2943

2 months of cursed shore farming, I’ve never had a single exotic drop for me and have made ~150 gold.
I spend 5 hours with bugs and boots today to get kicked at the boss, get nothing.
Similar person who woke up much earlier gets hundreds of gold in precursors.

Totally makes sense.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: INVALID NAME.9362

INVALID NAME.9362

Normally, I’d be like “this sucks, but it’s just a cool skin and we’re all on the same playing field,” but with the stated plans to boost legendary stats above ascended stats (which likely means two item quality tiers above exotic) they’re basically making the quality of your gear dependent on RNG.

That’s pretty awful.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Lethrface.2401

Lethrface.2401

I don’t get it. I can’t see where people who have a total difference of opinion from someone can be considered a “troll” or “fanning the flames” just because they are trying to make a point that MAYBE you should have other things to worry about. You should be THRILLED that they gave us a chance at these precursors. I didn’t even get a precursor but I was just happy to be one of the few (as it appears) to be able to be in the event from beginning to completion.

I have missed plenty of “one time events” on many games that I pour hours into and the awesome loot that comes with it and I do not feel any developers owe me anything.

Is this a sign that some of us have a difference of priorities in life? Possibly.

Do I feel that those who may have gotten disconnected deserve a little something in return for missing out on a chest (especially those who were stuck doing it in overflow servers and had no ability to get BACK to that same one)? Absolutely, I feel there should be a little something (maybe at least the ring and the 20 slot bag, considering the repair bills that went into it and not all of us are as lucky as my friend is who had me to be their anchor to get them back in the overflow and to the chest once the event had ended and everyone had gone off on their merry ways).

What I do not feel, however, is that everyone is owed a precursor just because they offered them in a one time event that (that took very VERY long on my overflow, roughly 5 hours if you count all the linked events we had completed to get up tot hat point) and they were unlucky with RNG (Random Number Generator, in case people are throwing that out there knowing what it refers to but not knowing what the acronym stands for)

And for anyone who missed it and who are angry about this, remember this was announced way in advance. Arenanet is not responsible for your work schedules or any family plans. I’m almost positive they try to fit these events like this in on peak days where most people are free to do this type of stuff. I will again point out that I have missed out on plenty of events in games that I pour plenty of my times (and money) into and I don’t feel that they owe me a thing for my inability to make it to events…just like say your friends were to invite you to a concert that was to happen in a week and you couldn’t make it for work and didn’t want to call in “sick” or whatever and suddenly you find out that was the headliner’s last show before calling it quits…your friends would not owe you anything (and neither would the band that performed).

No, this does not make me a troll for having such an opinion. It makes me a player who is willing to suck it up and tell my friends who got them “congratulations, bro” and someone who will wait for the next inevitable one time event for my chance for a precursor (which probably wont be happening now because everyone is up in arms over this one event so it’ll ruin it for the rest of us). Sorry for open honesty, guys. Some of us just have a different set of priorities and would rather you not take this stuff so darn seriously.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Leo.6817

@epicsmooth, no they weren’t, not without an excuse, if just as an example, the drops had been a fixed 2 rares and 2 exotics, without a chance for precursors, and everyone got 2 rares and 2 exotics, how would people possibly complain about that? They wouldn’t because no one would feel at a disadvantage or cheated, even if others got exotics that were ‘worth’ more, I promise you no one would rage the way they are now.

Problem is, it was not just a ‘small’ bit of difference in terms of reward worth between those who got the precursors and those who did not, the difference is massive, about 4g to 150g in average, huge gap.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: LordYz.8941

LordYz.8941

Yeah its pretty said how anet is giving everything to the whinners who spent more time whinning on forum than actually playing and working towards a legendary.

No matter how high the chance was, fact is that the legendaries dropped about 50% on price. When actually only Dusk, Dawn and maybe Legend and Hunter were overpriced. All other precursors had either the right price (150-250g) or were underpriced.

Now since anet decided to hand over 25% of a Legendary on a silver platter, the price on most precursors is laughable. Hell, most precursors cost now less than 100 Icy Runestones lol….

So basically precursor that used to be cca. 25% of the legendary, is now 5-10% of the actual legendary. Now you can argue on the RNG, but you cant argue with the fact that Precursor is now by far the easier final “gift” for Zommoros. From hardest to easiest after one single event is always wrong!

I wish anet would have sticked to rewarding the 20-slot bag and the Earring only, those were pretty nice rewards, and actually made up for your time. So what will be next? Clovers dropping out of xmas presents? Cant wait to see more depreciating of others work.

Anet better not give Leo anything for the obvious reason.

Sea of Sorrows, Black Snow Suave.
Recruiting dungeon raiders.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Tyrick.9867

Tyrick.9867

go do one of the other 10 events that spawn big world chests if you want their precursor. people complained that they were too rare and now they buff the rates ACROSS THE BOARD and since no one understands statistics you think other people got special treatment. you can now do level 55+ world bosses and have the exact same chance to get a precursor so go farm and stop complaining that you didn’t win the lottery.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Arklain.6429

2 months of cursed shore farming, I’ve never had a single exotic drop for me and have made ~150 gold.
I spend 5 hours with bugs and boots today to get kicked at the boss, get nothing.
Similar person who woke up much earlier gets hundreds of gold in precursors.

Totally makes sense.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Disconnect-at-the-end-of-Lost-Shores-Event-Read-this/first#post788769

That’s for you sir

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: epicsmooth.7825

epicsmooth.7825

@epicsmooth, no they weren’t, not without an excuse, if just as an example, the drops had been a fixed 2 rares and 2 exotics, without a chance for precursors, and everyone got 2 rares and 2 exotics, how would people possibly complain about that? They wouldn’t because no one would feel at a disadvantage or cheated, even if others got exotics that were ‘worth’ more, I promise you no one would rage the way they are now.

Yep, haven’t seen this proved wrong already just in GW2….oh wait.

Problem is, it was not just a ‘small’ bit of difference in terms of reward worth between those who got the precursors and those who did not, the difference is massive, about 4g to 150g in average, huge gap.

So what?

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Also, it’s complete BS that I have personal and biological obligations that prevent me from attending the Claw of Jormag event every time it occurs. It is patently UNFAIR that I am not given a fair chance at the drop rolls of this chest because I was unable to attend. In fact, any looting system based on a random number generator is profoundly unfair. I’ve often gone as long as a day of playing without so much as seeing an exotic item.

I once heard about a guy that looted a spark off of a normal risen trash mob, but I have killed hundreds of these mobs in my time in game, yet I still don’t have my precursor.

I guess arenanet is such a kitten company that it doesn’t understand that the most valuable items in the game should be mailed to every character on creation, so that EVERYONE has an equal chance at obtaining the most difficult items in the game with very little effort or luck.

KITTEN this game. I’m done!

Honestly people. Grow up.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Leo.6817

Tyrick do you actually have a source for that? I think your wrong, nowhere have I ever seen there been a mention of a massive increase to precursor chance from all golden chests, I believe it was this event only.

Also @ Lethrface, just look at posts like LordYz’s or epicsmooth, and tell me if they are stating their opinion or just trying to get a rise, for the record, I don’t mind your view at all, that’s yours one of, thousands of players, just hope that you can acknowledge the fact there are tons who do care and who do feel cheated and that you cannot just tell them to ‘stop it’.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

DanceLikeDarwin.2943

Unfortunately people will slip through the cracks, people who worked hard. And for the people over in/by Asia, they got downright screwed. Was unfair all around, except of course for the people who had no responsibilities within an 11 hour window of time. That’s a small %.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Cryshal.4036

Cryshal.4036

You are entirely correct, Leo. The problem isn’t that some got better stuff than others, the problem is that so many did the event over and over and never got to the chest, because of death or lag, or dc. Actually, the better stuff was too much better. As a level 80 who has played regularly since beta, and done my share of grinding, I only have acquired 3 gold. I don’t think I will ever see the kind of gold needed for better gear.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

The price of precursors have significantly dropped. Everybody wins. Some more than others but still……..

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

DanceLikeDarwin.2943

PopeUrban, please, no.
Everyone in your argument has a fair chance, this event did not give the majority a fair chance. Therein lies a lot of problems being discussed.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Arklain.6429

You are entirely correct, Leo. The problem isn’t that some got better stuff than others, the problem is that so many did the event over and over and never got to the chest, because of death or lag, or dc. Actually, the better stuff was too much better. As a level 80 who has played regularly since beta, and done my share of grinding, I only have acquired 3 gold. I don’t think I will ever see the kind of gold needed for better gear.

I’ve played since the beta weekends, extremely casually and I made more than 3g without grinding a few days after hitting 80…wtf have you been doing? O.o

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Drops from chests correlate to player level. So unless a trial player was able to get level 80 in 2 days they wouldn’t get a level 80 drop from a chest. The people who are spreading lies about trial players getting precursors. You have to be level 80 for the RNG to give you level 80 drop. Otherwise you get a drop similar to your level.

Not exactly. I was lvl24 and got exotics in the 60-70 range… (except that guaranteed lvl80 from the box). At least, I didn’t see any other lvl80 when I quickly looked over my loot before logging off to get to bed.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Esrever.8613

The price of precursors have significantly dropped. Everybody wins. Some more than others but still……..

not the people who had precursors before this.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

PopeUrban.2578

Normally, I’d be like “this sucks, but it’s just a cool skin and we’re all on the same playing field,” but with the stated plans to boost legendary stats above ascended stats (which likely means two item quality tiers above exotic) they’re basically making the quality of your gear dependent on RNG.

That’s pretty awful.

Actually, they’re boosting legendary stats to be equal with ascended stats.

Here, read this again:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/linsey-murdock-unveils-new-high-end-ascended-gear/

“You’ll also see more Legendary items in the future and an update to our existing Legendary weapons. Legendary items were always intended to be on par with other “best-in-slot” items. So fear not, all existing Legendary weapons, which are currently on par with Exotics, will be upgraded to be on par with Ascended weapons at the same time that we add Ascended weapons to the game. Thus Legendaries will remain “best-in-slot” items. All Legendary items going forward will be of Ascended power. We also have plans to add more fun ways to acquire Legendary precursor items with a more “scavenger hunt” feel than they are acquired currently.”

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Eternis.1746

Eternis.1746

While normally I’m fine with the whole rngisrng nonsense people like to vomit out in a canned response (probably the ones who got all the things they wanted, or are just snobs in general), I also agree that the delta between a 2g item and a 300g item is a bit absurdly high for this event.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Sollanon.8450

Sollanon.8450

The main thing is about precursor being handed out for this event.

Who won’t be jealous if the person next to you got a precursor for doing the exact same event as you (not to mention, it’s a 1-time only event with a high chance of getting precursors)?

Would you care if someone threw in 4 exotics and got a precursor?
Not so much since they have to work to get the 4 exotics in the first place and it’s only 1 more precursor in the market.

ps. I’m sour about missing the event, but I’m even more sour about them giving such a massive loot bag to people who could attend the event. It’s like a slap in the face laughing at someone who want to attend the event but cannot because of real-life dedications.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: GeoX.5046

GeoX.5046

I ran the event with 200 people… not one got a precursor…i know this because ppl were showing off their exotics…quite frankly i was satisfied.

And cmon people arena net put a chest where you had a chance of getting a freaking precursor….you should be kissing their kitten for giving you the opportunity! And hell does no one realize that pretty much every precursor went down 100gs? Now you can farm less to get yours!

I want more events like this, lots more, but i can do without the invisible crabs. I did not have a problem with Dcs but i had a problem when i died it would never load when i went to a way point…i just restarted the game and it worked fine.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Amodin.1092

Amodin.1092

Again, completely missing the point as to why people are upset.

We aren’t participating to lower the cost – we are participating to better our characters, to have a good time and for this instance, yes, have a fair shot at something that most of us can’t afford.

For me, I just wanted to have some fun and I never ever would expect a pre-cursor to just fall from the sky and into my bag space.

The point was, lot of people got cheated out of even having a chance at completion, a chance at a pre-cursor, a chance at some gold. The technical limitations of Arenanet cheated out a lot of people out of all of it – the build update in the middle of the kittening raids, invisible mobs (you calling that content now, Anet?) the poor implementations, and the fact that this is not the first time. They spent hours of their time to come in and play, not be a testing ground, like we have been for 3 months. In return, they (we) got insane repair costs, no chest to loot, kicked from the game and had no fun in the process.

I don’t know why you log in – but I log in to enjoy myself. When I got booted, that was the end of the fun for me. The whole point was utter, epic failure.

Then they say they are going to compensate us for it. Mark my words – it will be nothing like the chance at what we had earlier today. The only thing it will be missing, will be everything that we were trying to accomplish and retrieve from that long, drawn out crab fight. It will be salvage.

(edited by Amodin.1092)

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Leo.6817

Sollanon, pretty much got the exact point I was trying to make, hell there are people right now, logging on, finding out about this precursor deal, and raging hard because they decided to skip the event thinking the special surprise would be another ‘cutscene’ such as it was in the Halloween event. Would they be this mad without the precursor hand-out? No I dont think so, I doubt they would be mad over even 5 exotics at once, why? 10g =/= 150g

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Lethrface.2401

Tyrick do you actually have a source for that? I think your wrong, nowhere have I ever seen there been a mention of a massive increase to precursor chance from all golden chests, I believe it was this event only.

Also @ Lethrface, just look at posts like LordYz’s or epicsmooth, and tell me if they are stating their opinion or just trying to get a rise, for the record, I don’t mind your view at all, that’s yours one of, thousands of players, just hope that you can acknowledge the fact there are tons who do care and who do feel cheated and that you cannot just tell them to ‘stop it’.

I have looked at their posts. They don’t appear to be trying to get any more of a rise out of anyone than I am. The only difference is they didn’t qualify their position in this situation as I did. They were up-front about how they feel. If they were intentionally trying to get a rise, they would just call you guys greedy cry-babies and leave it at that. It is unlikely (even if possible) someone wanting such a rise will put in that much thought to post as they have.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

That precursors drop at such a high chance was more than a joke.. on my Server some people got even two of them….

it’s totally disrespectful to players who wasted(yes wasted in that case) their time since day1 in that game if ppl get them now out for nothing.

Reaper – Anguîsh

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

PopeUrban.2578

The main thing is about precursor being handed out for this event.

Who won’t be jealous if the person next to you got a precursor for doing the exact same event as you (not to mention, it’s a 1-time only event with a high chance of getting precursors)?

Would you care if someone threw in 4 exotics and got a precursor?
Not so much since they have to work to get the 4 exotics in the first place and it’s only 1 more precursor in the market.

ps. I’m sour about missing the event, but I’m even more sour about them giving such a massive loot bag to people who could attend the event. It’s like a slap in the face laughing at someone who want to attend the event but cannot because of real-life dedications.

For the record, I didn’t receive a precursor. However, just like all other loot in the game some people’s drops will simply be better than others. That’s how random loot works. People get rares from trash when I don’t. People get vials in fractals when I don’t. It doesn’t bother me. How is this any different?

There is always, always a person that got the “best loot” in any situation. That awesome loot moment is memorable only because you’re not always that person.

The long term effects of this are that precursor and named exotic prices dropped significantly, meaning if you’re not lucky enough to have an “awesome loot” moment from this event… you’re still coming out on top.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Cryshal.4036

Cryshal.4036

I’ve played since the beta weekends, extremely casually and I made more than 3g without grinding a few days after hitting 80…wtf have you been doing? O.o

I’ve been buying my gear on the Trading Post. It’s the only way I can get good gear. I’ve done the dragons over and over. I guess you could call me unlucky.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

11-18 patch notes:
Precursors: This items’ price has been reduced by 50%

tnx for the nerf

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kiraki.9761

Kiraki.9761

This is just a silly thing to complain about, you should be happy you did not simply get blue’s and green’s from the chest at the end.

For those complaining that they have been working on a precursor for such a long time, keep in mind even without this event, there where people that dropped precursors withing the first week already. I do not see how this event is in anyway more unfair than any regular one.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

Also, it’s complete BS that I have personal and biological obligations that prevent me from attending the Claw of Jormag event every time it occurs. It is patently UNFAIR that I am not given a fair chance at the drop rolls of this chest because I was unable to attend. In fact, any looting system based on a random number generator is profoundly unfair. I’ve often gone as long as a day of playing without so much as seeing an exotic item.

I once heard about a guy that looted a spark off of a normal risen trash mob, but I have killed hundreds of these mobs in my time in game, yet I still don’t have my precursor.

I guess arenanet is such a kitten company that it doesn’t understand that the most valuable items in the game should be mailed to every character on creation, so that EVERYONE has an equal chance at obtaining the most difficult items in the game with very little effort or luck.

Are… are you comparing the claw of jormag chest with the ancient karka chest? Ummm…. what? Also, the claw of jormag spawns like every 3 hours. This event is OVER. FOREVER.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Graywolves.8023

Graywolves.8023

As someone with nearly 1k hours played it was annoying already to have RNG be such a huge factor to some important drops. I’ve seen so many players with poor knowledge and skills who have legendaries and it really killed any prestige with having one for me already. When I heard they were going to address the issue with obtaining precursors this patch I thought that they would have a better chance of dropping deep inside fractals (which I’m hoping gets A LOT more rewarding later on).

But apparently randomly giving them out was the solution. Admittedly it has made the prices manageable…for now. I’m still really tired of being shafted by the RNG or even just being an ethical player who doesn’t farm bugged DEs or take advantage of exploits.

I’ll gladly take 3g and a 20slot bag for an epic 3 hour long event. But when I spend near the entirety of that time meleeing enemies down like a boss and picking up downed players along the way and you know perform pretty well in the event, I of course have fun and getting better is its own reward yet that is shadowed when someone in broken gear who was hiding in the back or dead most of the time is rewarded something that has 100x the value of everything I got.

Is it so hard for there be great rewards that are actually earned? I’m actually starting to form a theory that the worse you are the better the drops are. I know some pretty unskilled players who have been rewarded so much more than me. It’s not their fault and congratulations to them but when am I going to get good loot? I’ve only carried people into receiving these rewards so many times now and I’m getting sick of it.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Amodin.1092

Amodin.1092

Are… are you comparing the claw of jormag chest with the ancient karka chest? Ummm…. what? Also, the claw of jormag spawns like every 3 hours. This event is OVER. FOREVER.

He is being sarcastic without even reading the post. He thinks people are complaining they didn’t get what they want. They are really complaining about being kicked off the server more than once in the middle of an event, to come back to nothing to show for their efforts (to sum it up) while others who got to stay connected were pulling out a lot of great things from those chests.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Lethrface.2401

He is being sarcastic without even reading the post. He thinks people are complaining they didn’t get what they want. They are really complaining about being kicked off the server more than once in the middle of an event, to come back to nothing to show for their efforts (to sum it up) while others who got to stay connected were pulling out a lot of great things from those chests.

THIS thread is about the precursors. The “people kicked off the server to come back to nothing” is in another thread that I am avoiding or I will want to throw a table.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Mr Crazy Moose.5760

Mr Crazy Moose.5760

Precursors really shouldn’t have a place in special event rewards. It turns it from something special to being a money-making trip.

I guarantee people will expect the next event to give out precursors too and they’ll plan ahead for that. It’ll have changed their entire outlook on what events are for.

(edited by Mr Crazy Moose.5760)

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kiraki.9761

Kiraki.9761

Amodin.1092

Actually no, you are the one that did not read. OP purely complains about the precursor drops.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

“One time event that will change Tyra permanently”…Now i got what it means….

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell