Reward was too big; I feel this is unfair [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Has anyone played with a trial account? Perhaps the characters “at” level 80 when you play them? Just speculation, but I am wondering if there is some truth because of the sidekicking (which I didn’t get to experience.)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

I must admit it made me feel a little sick seeing the amount of people who got precursors and all I got was a generic greatsword. But on the bright side it will bring down precursor prices which was really needed.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

It’s great that so many got precursors, but with such a high drop rate that’s not 100% it feels like those who didn’t get one were really unlucky rather than those who did get one being really lucky.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Vigil.3408

Vigil.3408

Life is not fair.

This is not life. It’s a specific event designed by human beings. This is not “Oh well, that’s life”. This is “Arena Net specifically designed this to benefit some players and not others”- it’s absolute rubbish design.

I had to work when this event was occurring, and when I log back on after a 12 hour shift I find several of my guild mates have their precursors and a 20 slot bag for free. How is this fair?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Anka.3675

Anka.3675

Perhaps those that feel slighted because the couldn’t attend can feel a bit better that not everyone got phat lewtz. I can maybe get one gold in total for the two lvl 62 exotics I was rewarded with. They don’t even have a shmanzy fancy skin.

And yes I would have much prefered being able to choose a yellow reward that I could have use for now then exotics that are not really worth that much and which I can’t use.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ryth.6518

Ryth.6518

My friend on a free trial. First time ever in GW2. Followed me through this 3 hour grind fest last event (which is a bad way to sell the game to new people) he opns the loot chest and got 2 (YES TWO) precursors!!!!!!! Dusk and the staff one!!!!!!

WTF!!!

He didnt even know what they were he just told me and I almost fell out my chair.

wtf ArenaNet.

Ive been here since day 1 and have gotten nothing but trash from these chest (no joke)

Errr as loot was scaled to your level, and your friend was scaled up to level 80. I can’t see how he got level 80 rewards when his real level was considerably less.

I did the event with 2 friends who used their alts. (55 and 64) and they got
exotic rewards scaled to their real level. And many people on this very forum have said the same.

I find it hard to believe that a trial player on a low level character got level 80 rewards at the end of the event.

Agreed. Loot was scaled to your level. No trial person could have gotten those..I highly doubt it.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Rennuh.9356

Rennuh.9356

I must admit it made me feel a little sick seeing the amount of people who got precursors and all I got was a generic greatsword. But on the bright side it will bring down precursor prices which was really needed.

I doubt the price will stay down for long, most of the precursors that are bought get transformed into a legendary or saved to do so later. The price will just settle at the point where it was, which reflected the cost of making one in the mystic forge.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Polantaris.9513

Polantaris.9513

So let me ask you Hermes what would be so wrong with having this event run on say… a 5 hour or so loop so more people can experience it at some point?

That wouldn’t stop people from complaining about the people who can attend every one of those events as well. They still end up with more.

It’s a game kitten Grow up. Do you complain because they give out prizes at some baseball games as well? Do you really think people who have season tickets will complain when they can’t go to a game, but at that game, they gave out free hats or some other bs? No… Why? because they’re not babies.

Actually, there is a way to prevent that. ANet has already done it. Remember the Halloween event, where after the first day, you could only open chests in the Labyrinth once a day? Well this event only ran one day.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Its truly pathetic from anet the way they are treating the way they are treating a lot of their players. Did they even stop to think of the ramifications?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

The possibility to get very lucky or be very unfortunate is too great.

Well, that’s how life works.
About five or six years ago when on FFXI Archer’s Rings (A really expensive ring required back then to craft another expensive ring that people actually demanded you to have. Yes, it was that messed up.) dropped from Stroper Chymes, I farmed those mobs for an amount of time I even lost count of and never got one. Then one day one of my linkshell (guild) mates logs in right in Ordelle’s Caves and kills one. Guess what? He got a 1/1 drop.
Then by my own choice I simply stopped farming those and moved on focusing on money, which wasn’t even that easy to make, but requiring much more time and less luck.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Mark.3450

Mark.3450

15g~ of loot from a one time event. What a joke.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Anastasia.8697

Anastasia.8697

I don’t care about pre-cursors (the more drop, the cheaper they are for everyone) but I am really frustrated.

After the pretty negligible reward from the halloween event, and nothing for the first two phases of Lost Shore, I wasn’t able to login for the final event due to the login errors so I missed out on a 20s bag and a BiS accessory.

I hope these will be obtainable somehow to people who were prevented from even taking part in phase 3, or repeated in the December event.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Bornthisway.4609

Bornthisway.4609

Well to put it positively, at least their prices will tank.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

Yep, we all attended the whole event, most of us at least. Why do some players get rewarded SIGNIFICANTLY better ? Not to mention new level 80 players or even trial players who have no idea what legendaries are or people who came in to hit the boss 6 times and get full loot same as the people who were there for the whole 3+ hours.
(I found an overflow where the karka hadn’t been defeated, it was at the stage right before the floor was about collapse, I was there for 1 minute and got the chest, couldnt open it tho, but still, that means anyone could come for 30 seconds and get same reward as everyone else.

RNG is a joke.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: houdinimachine.5830

houdinimachine.5830

Life is not fair. The event was advertised and everyone had a chance to attend. I spent 2.5 hours doing the event and got 2 exotics and 2 rares which netted me a total of 2 gold. I’m fine with that, i would have liked a precursor but that’s what RNG is. Its time = reward, i could make 2g in 2.5 hours w/o this event.

No one owes you anything, the sooner you deal with that the better you will do at life.

You also got a 10+ gold value bag that those of us who couldn’t make it didn’t get.

I went to both of the previous phases of this event, spent even more time than those people who went only today, and I got absolutely NOTHING for my effort. This is such massive bullkitten.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Sorry.6741

Sorry.6741

I think it is hilarious that trial accounts may have gotten precursors, I mean you either giggle or cry.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Pinkus.2860

Pinkus.2860

I can see alot of people leaving the game off the back of this kittening bullkitten event

Pinkus – Webmaster
First Light Gaming [DAWN] – PvX OCEANIC COMMUNITY – BLACKGATE
http://www.firstlightgaming.com

in The Lost Shores

Hermes.7014

Perhaps those that feel slighted because the couldn’t attend can feel a bit better that not everyone got phat lewtz. I can maybe get one gold in total for the two lvl 62 exotics I was rewarded with. They don’t even have a shmanzy fancy skin.

And yes I would have much prefered being able to choose a yellow reward that I could have use for now then exotics that are not really worth that much and which I can’t use.

Ah, tell me about it… I’ve got some nifty trident called Limitless Furnace, how cool is that?! Problem is that no one will ever buy because of “oh, underwater weapons” and I can’t even equip it.
Well shucks, but I won’t complain.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Simon De Borovsk.7460

Simon De Borovsk.7460

disconnected 3 times! once managed to return to same server, then on second time after doing 2 hours of events disconnected and got thrown to overflow. done demolition squad there. disconnected again. couldnt return. when returned event was over! no chest. no finale. nothing. all the time spent lost for nothing.

by the way. the same happened in the Phase 1 start event in Lions Arch. every Disconnection reset any progress i had. final time when succesfuly returned lost the finale too.

in The Lost Shores

morrolan.9608

I think it is hilarious that trial accounts may have gotten precursors, I mean you either giggle or cry.

Or get angry. Which is what I’m feeling right now.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Mira.4071

Mira.4071

Basic economics says that precursors will no longer be 300+g if lots and lots of people get them, sillyhead.

You underestimate the power of market manipulation. There are people doing it right now. Keep an eye on the quantity of any given precursor being sold and watch its price over the next few hours.

Prices were manipulated up to where they were and the manipulators are going to keep them there no matter how many precursors drop. These are people who already have legendaries and have 3000+ gold to burn. Don’t think anyone really does? Search orders for lemons (the account bound ingredient), some guy put a 3800g joke bid on one to show off how much gold he has.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

Keep up the good work Anet loved the event, I thought over all everything was great with the exception of lag during the first event.

The loot from the chests was good for the amount of effort you had to go through.
Just remember if you keep trying to please everyone you’ll make no one happy at all.

in The Lost Shores

Hermes.7014

By the way, all those who had connection problems during the event check this out if you haven’t already:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Disconnect-at-the-end-of-Lost-Shores-Event-Read-this

Apparently they’re sorting out some system to identify those who participated in the event but got unlucky with the disconnections.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Reihert.1509

Reihert.1509

That’s your problem, not community’s.

in The Lost Shores

Rennuh.9356

Basic economics says that precursors will no longer be 300+g if lots and lots of people get them, sillyhead.

You underestimate the power of market manipulation. There are people doing it right now. Keep an eye on the quantity of any given precursor being sold and watch its price over the next few hours.

Prices were manipulated up to where they were and the manipulators are going to keep them there no matter how many precursors drop. These are people who already have legendaries and have 3000+ gold to burn. Don’t think anyone really does? Search orders for lemons (the account bound ingredient), some guy put a 3800g joke bid on one to show off how much gold he has.

Also there isn’t a new longlasting method to obtain them for cheap, it will still cost you up to 300 gold to get one from mystic forge(yes could be more, could be less). As long as the main source of acquisition doesn’t change the price will stabilize at the same point again.

That is of course if they didn’t just change the overall chance to get one and this event just emphasized that increase in chance because of the shear number of people that participated. I would really like to see an Anet response to this, either why they gave out so much precursors or if they have in fact changed the overall chance by so much.

(edited by Rennuh.9356)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I don’t begrudge the people who got Precursors from this. In fact, I’m actually thankful to ANet that they’ve included more ways to get Precursors into the market. I personally didn’t have a chance to get any thanks to not having a level 80 character available to do the event on (Note to all: Use your highest level character when doing these events!), as all I got were level 65 Rares/Exotics.

What I’m MOST displeased with is the fact that, again, if you happen to live in a timezone where making this event is all but impossible, you are now short of 2 Rares, 2 Exotics, a free 20 slot Bag, and a level 80 Exotic accessory. I was lucky in that I could still make it despite living in Oceania, but many, MANY other players were not so lucky. If ANet continues to set finale events at these times, then these people will be continually losing out on the chance to get expensive, one-of-a-kind loot, which is extremely unfair and disheartening.

I’ll be posting a long version of this in the Feedback thread. These events are (mostly) fun and awesome, but there’s still a lot of issues to be worked out.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Alesso.4079

Alesso.4079

I’m probably not saying anything new at this point, but oh well, more feedback is good, right?

I can’t say I’m thrilled that precursors were in the drop pool from this event. I’ve thought about it for a little while, and I think even if I’d gotten one I still wouldn’t think it was a good idea (although obviously I’d be happy with my luck :b ). Getting a precursor is just so much better than any other possible drops that it creates a huge divide between the “haves” and “have-nots” in what is supposed to be a very widely-accessible event (as evidenced by the event time chosen and upscaling).

That last part is important, I think, because I’m still ok with precursors dropping from randoms in Orr, or from the Grenth chest, etc, and I don’t think this view is inconsistent. There’s a tiny chance to get a precursor from one of those, and a comparatively few people are willing to spend a huge amount of time doing them. Of course some will get them sooner than others, but that’s just the luck of the draw.

This special event was supposed to be for everyone, not just for the hardcore among us, which is why the precursors being in the drop pool doesn’t sit well with me. The 20-slot box, accessory, and 2 random exotics and 2 random rares are already great drops, and although there will be some disparity in their worth, at least they’ll be on the same order of magnitude, unlike the precursors.

Edit: Of course if this event was the start of a massively increased drop chance for precursors from all similar event chains (e.g. dragons), I take this back. Something tells me that’s not the case, though.

(edited by Alesso.4079)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Wow are you guys really crying that RNG is RNG? Some of you need to grow up. Do you cry when people get really lucky off a boss and get a precursor? If you do then DO NOT ever play an RPG EVER EVER again.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Wow are you guys really crying that RNG is RNG? Some of you need to grow up. Do you cry when people get really lucky off a boss and get a precursor? If you do then DO NOT ever play an RPG EVER EVER again.

The difference here is the drop rate was absurdly high compared to a boss/mob

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Beorn Saxon.4762

Beorn Saxon.4762

I’ve been a faithful player of GW1 and GW2. But this makes me so angry and sad. This is the first time I’ve truly been upset.

It’s just unfair. Random loot is fair, but only having that loot drop at one time during an entire event is not.

If this was your idea of how to balance out the market cost of a precursor it stinks. Why not just have increased precursor loot drops during the whole event instead?!?!

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

How is that a difference? You are mad because you didnt get lucky and others did. Having the % chance higher was only beneficial for everyone, you included. Just admit you are mad because you happened to BE THERE when others got lucky instead of just seeing the after effects. Jealousy is an ugly thing.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Manatee Nymph.8261

Manatee Nymph.8261

Everyone who is complaining about the precursors should go look at the Trading post because all the precursors have been halved in price. This was a good thing for everyone, even the people who couldn’t participate.

The reduced prices for precursors won’t hold for long. Prices will be going up, and I forsee them regaining at least 70 – 80% of their original value in the next 3 weeks.

TP speculators and item flippers will again make a killing.

You heard it here first :-P

nem·e·sis
/?nem?sis/
The inescapable or implacable agent of someone’s or something’s downfall.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Alberel Leonhart.9640

Alberel Leonhart.9640

I hope ANet realises a lot of people (myself included) didn’t even bother logging in for this stage of the event because the lag had made the previous two phases unplayable, and there were no rewards given.

ANet should have made it known what was at stake with this final phase if nothing else. Though I agree they shouldn’t have even put precursors in the chests like this. They need to give EVERYONE a chance to get these, not just the lucky few that survived the lag and disconnects.

in The Lost Shores

Rennuh.9356

How is that a difference? You are mad because you didnt get lucky and others did. Having the % chance higher was only beneficial for everyone, you included. Just admit you are mad because you happened to BE THERE when others got lucky instead of just seeing the after effects. Jealousy is an ugly thing.

It’s different because this was a one time event many people could not participate in due to whatever reason. Some people having 0% chance to get anything is not what I call RNG. That is what this thread is about, not a general complaint about RNG.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Jena.7364

Jena.7364

How about Anet just send a random Precursor to everyone via mail 2moro?

1. you solve the problem of those who could not attend
2. those who got disconnected during the event
3. those who played on a lower level alt
4….and those who have played from day 1 who got junk from the chest

Problem solved

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Cosec.9802

Cosec.9802

So I couldn’t even log in cuss all the servers including overflow were full on yaks. I couldn’t get in and even if i had the lag was so bad for my roomie he couldn’t hardly move. So again these events are failing on many levels not just loot. On loot tho .. that ring they got gives players an advantage over other players if you consider wvwvw.. So basically ANet has managed to not live up to there previous Statements that this would never happen. SO yeah.. Looks like you Anet guys need to reconsider your Idea of fair play.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Lumiel.7324

Lumiel.7324

Definitely wasn’t cool sticking precursors in a one-time-only event’s loot table. A unique title, the 20-slot box and the accessory would have been perfectly fine with most people I’m sure. But seriously? Disproportionately rewarding the playerbase whom, individually, gave no more or less an EQUAL contribution than the other guys/gals around him/her? Way to go creating a huge ocean of enmity in the community.

I appreciate that RNG is RNG but this just wasn’t a good thing to do however honest your intentions. Now I’m stuck playing with the forge yet again as I have been since the game released and prior. I’d pay you guys for the gems/gold to buy it off the TP… but then the thought that I’m giving my money to just-another-player who contributed no more than I did kinda makes me want to put my fist through the monitor. Bad move? Oh yes.

QQ. Whatever. I enjoyed the entirety of the weekend, but that finale isn’t going to settle with me any time soon.

(To clarify, during the initial introductions to the event we were told we would all be rewarded with something special for our contributions (the box and accessory). It rubs me the wrong way when some people are rewarded more (a precursor). Exotic or not it’s not ‘just’ a common exotic. As far as I’m aware, that’s the general issue people are raising and the reason people are justly annoyed. I would have felt the same if I’d have gotten lucky and others had to just look on like we had. I just hope that in two years time I’m not still toying with the forge in the hopes I’ll get my precursor)

(edited by Lumiel.7324)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: rikkus.8153

rikkus.8153

I don’t understand the fuss? I did the event and got some exo’s in value of about 8g, not including the sweet 20 slot bag, but I don’t think its unfair that some people got lucky on RNG and got precursors. That is just how it works in any game, when your in a dungeon in WoW and an epic drops and you win the roll it doesn’t mean everyone else in the party is entitled to an epic too. That would be just silly!

Also for those people complaining about missing the event, don’t you have the same chance of getting a precursor by farming mobs in the World? Its not like you missed anything exclusive that you cant get in game. Don’t worry there will be some new fun stuff to get next month! Be Patient! ^.^

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Booler.6598

Booler.6598

Doesn’t Dusk have a level 80 requirement to equip? Do trials start at level 80 or something? Also I heard rewards were scaled with level.

THats what I figured…I hope I can get the dusk from him tonight before he gets locked out

Always in all ways

in The Lost Shores

morrolan.9608

Also for those people complaining about missing the event, don’t you have the same chance of getting a precursor by farming mobs in the World? Its not like you missed anything exclusive that you cant get in game. Don’t worry there will be some new fun stuff to get next month! Be Patient! ^.^

I suggest you read the thread it appears that the drop rate was increased just for this chest.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Meccanico.3294

Meccanico.3294

Or get angry. Which is what I’m feeling right now.

Let me make it clear for you all: it’s not possible for a trial account to have found a precursor.
Why?Because even if the level is scaled with the sidekicking thing, the loot isn’t.
So a guy with a trial account could have found a precursor in the chest just if he reached the 80 in these three days.

Clear enough?I hope so, ‘cause they repeated this same thing around a dozen of times in three pages and it seems that you can’t get it.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Jena.7364

Jena.7364

Also for those people complaining about missing the event, don’t you have the same chance of getting a precursor by farming mobs in the World? Its not like you missed anything exclusive that you cant get in game. Don’t worry there will be some new fun stuff to get next month! Be Patient! ^.^[/quote]

You are right about the precursors, but again the event times have been set at 8pm GMT for this month and last month. Just hope next month ANet can do something different coz its all been complaints about one time events and timezones on this forum.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Gergolot.4217

Gergolot.4217

People find anything to moan about. I for one am glad to see people leave if it takes so little for them to stay.

The chest dropped exotics, precursors are exotics, some people just got lucky. Plus, as others have said. Prices have dropped substantially, so it works for all anyway!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

No. It’s evident that the loot table for that chest was much narrower in its possibilities. The chances for exotics and especially precursors was significantly higher.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Satakal.6971

Satakal.6971

A thought on the precursor thing… To think that arenanet has these items like precursors that are normally very rare and hard to get and to then add them to the loot table of a special event is kind of disheartening. It’s like, being lured there instead of deciding to go there. Feeling a little manipulated. I didn’t know how big the rewards were going to be at the end of the event, but next event, this is what I’ll be thinking. I’ve only decided I want a legendary a week ago, I am absolutely nowhere near that goal but nonetheless I wouldn’t appreciate arenanet making shortcuts for me. Lowering the value of precursors lowers the value of the goal I set for me.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

OP is lying, loot was scaled

Nope…

I got a lvl 75 Item from the chest…boots

rest wee lvl 80

I am pure 80

yeah….. Level 75 gear for a level 80 is about right

If you had any understanding of how gear worked in this game you would also understand that there isnt much of a diff between a level 75 wepon and a level 80

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: caiomacos.1694

caiomacos.1694

Do you believe it?
First rule on the internet: “Pics or it didnt happen”.

The rewards were supposed to scale according to player level, so unless proven contrary no trial player got a level 80 precursor.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Darque Intent.1674

Darque Intent.1674

I guess they are making it easier for folks to get a legendary so when they increase they stats they won’t offend 99% of their player base.

So glad I decided to get some sleep… After the first 2 lag filled events I figured I woulden’t miss much. Oh well..

All hail Emperor Anet, and their new clothes!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

its post like this one ((about how a trial acount that got a Precursor)) that really make me think that some people only have this game to troll the forums and make it fail.

O mean REALY loot was scaled thats all there is to it and any one who is level 80 will tell you its not that uncomen for 80s to only get gear thats set to level 74+ and that has alost to do with how loot works in this game

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ravina Gray.4719

Ravina Gray.4719

ANet should do many things but cater for ppl who can’t log in because of RL stuff well no matter when/what there will always be someone that can’t be online and that’s just a plain silly complaint.

The event itself was the most mind numbingly boring 2 hours I’ve spent in any game and the whole idea of dishing out Precursors like that always going to create uproar especially coming on the back of Ascended items and the public trashing of their own manifesto. Get a grip ANet before it’s too late please!