Posted by: blue.8629

blue.8629

Fix Noll? Kthxbye

Blue… My name is a colour.

The Lost Shores: phase 1, update

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: GollyJolly.8693

GollyJolly.8693

Hardly “kittening” We can’t even enjoy the content b/c of how a roadblock comes up every couple minutes into a quest chain. Not to mention the immense lag. Better to not have a buggy time limited event. If it was unlimited time it wouldn’t be nearly as aggravating. Some of us have stuff to do outside the game.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: John Lightning.6293

John Lightning.6293

The sealed cargo barrel is broken too by the way. It says the same thing as the ruptured cargo barrel so you can’t pry it open and even start the scavenger hunt now…

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

The event itself content wise is good and I would enjoy it. However so far I haven’t gotten to complete much of it. Also, I know this has to be hard on the people working at arenanet.

To me, the biggest issue is that we don’t have time to complete the quests.

My suggestion:
Start these things at your regular worktime on Monday morning. Then you can work out bugs at a reasonable time for you and roll it out all week. Then the following weekend have stuff that is multiple times for multiple timezones perhaps. Just make the events so that they don’t frustrate us due to not having time to complete them and make you all work day and night on bugs.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: LordHavoc.5768

LordHavoc.5768

Fadh and Saballa are still not spawning. Completed Saballa’s event but when she got to the Quaggan pod she just disappeared. Fadh is nowhere to be seen at all.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: anufea.9034

anufea.9034

The sealed cargo barrel is broken too by the way. It says the same thing as the ruptured cargo barrel so you can’t pry it open and even start the scavenger hunt now…

Are you sure it is broken? You cannot open it right away but need to investigate other jetsam first. There is a sequence of I think 4 items that need to be visited in the right order.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Mira.3681

Mira.3681

I didn’t read the preceding 7 pages (I usually do, just short on time – it’s usually depressing anyway).

Just wanted to say thanks for the update. Altho I did experience quite a bit of lag, I enjoyed the opening event. (Thinking of other “one-time events” I have attended in other MMO’s, the lag was always there, some were actually much worse.) My attacks were slow, but I still had a blast, and we cleared the Karka. (Never could get back to the NPC with my collections, unsure whether to keep my stash as a trophy reminder now or not :P)

While it was disheartening to have the NPC’s bugged/broken, I did enjoy interacting with the crowd that had gathered. Rather than loot and pillage, we told bad jokes and danced. Hopefully the troubleshooting your team did will enable future events to progress more smoothly. I have enjoyed the storyline of the chain, and look forward to phases 2 and 3.

Just my 2c.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: poziix.7285

poziix.7285

1. We’re not your beta testers, please stop using us to beta test your game.
2. Your communication process needs improvement; irregular updates on twitter don’t cut it. You release a “game changing event” that has clearly failed, then remain silent for an extremely long period? Not good enough. Communication, regularly, timely communication with your customer base is critical in keeping people interested.
3. You have to realize how badly this has failed. Can it. Fix it. Re-release it. Stop pretending everything will be alright in the end. It won’t. You have gone past the point if no return on this. You will get more praise for openly admitting this went wrong, closing it down and fixing it properly, than the constant criticism you are currently getting for your band aid approach.
4. Not everything has to be “ground breaking”. Things work for a reason. Sure your competitors may be doing a lot of he same things, that doesn’t mean you have to avoid them. One time event can work, given the right circumstances. This is not one of those circumstances. This does not have to be a one time event.
5. Your latest twitter post asks us to join you for phase 2. Why? Why would we take up this call now? Phase 1 was a bug riddled failure, what compelling reason is there for us to beta test phase 2 for you? You have lost the confidence of your players that this is something worth while. Instead, it’s now a joke. What possible reason is there for any player to continue with this event in it’s current state?
6. The Lost Shores are now a Lost Cause. Seriously, accept you made a mistake, gain some credibility back and close this mess down now. Work on it, fix it, bring it back bigger and better later.
7. Retrain your testers and quality assurance people, in how to actually test and check a product for quality before releasing it. As I said, we are your customers, not your beta testers, please have a little bit more respect for us than that.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Zero Tolerance.1539

Zero Tolerance.1539

Noll bugged, Saballa bugged. On Gunnar’s Hold.

Is this a ‘fix’ for the lag maybe? Bugged event quests will make less people try the event next time, so there’ll be less lag at opening?
At the moment, I know it’s only been a couple but the best idea is to log on 3rd+ day of the event, hoping that at that stage everything will work? Otherwise it’s just annoying piece of kitten, not an event.

Thanks for the fractals though, they’re good enough to almost make me forget about the rest of the crap

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

Canach event triggers but I do not receive mail. I’ve tried to talk to him before and after I’ve defeated him no change.

MADFACE

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Christina.1528

Christina.1528

Updates on Dragonbrand (2:47pm EST)

Noll is obviously still bugged. (Known)
Canach spawns and is killable but does not send mail with item.
Fahd al’Eshadhi’s event is active but does not progress from starting area.
Pastkeeper Saballa is nowhere to be found. Last night she was stuck doing a triangular path near where she spawns for the DE, but has disappeared entirely.

[PM] Dragonbrand Originals
Meiaya – Ranger | Stasija – Mesmer
[PM] Project Mayhem

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Aegis.9724

Aegis.9724

Half of my Guild was there to participate in the LA Event yesterday afternoon. There was a ton of input lag and stress lag, but nonetheless from what I gathered everyone seemed to enjoy it thoroughly. Coming on here and seeing all this kittening about it is incredibly disheartening, and I hope it doesn’t discourage them from doing things like this in the future. I guess I really do have to stay off these Forums.

For what it’s worth though the story-telling with the cinematic sequences is a lot more epic imo (Fractals for example). We are having a blast, thanks for the sweet event ArenaNet.

I was there as well when all started. After the cinematic EVERYTHIGN started to lag. i talked to an npc in the plaza, then went for a swim to the DE, and got the npc dialog pop up AFTER i got on the beach (15-20ish seconds?) just to give an idea.

Then combat. Could not rez. could not attack. ALL my skill were flashing but just not going off. Went from full hp, no monster around to defeated 3 times. Freezed once on the loading screen when i waypointed, had to restart client. somehow i managed to get some hits here and there by spamming axes, but no credit for any kill, and no loot of course as walking to the corpses would have been impossible.

Then i’m like “Screw this, lets try the dungeon”. Found a group, got in. One guy didnt load, we get swamps and another guy gets DC’ed and cant reenter. Then i have fun for 15 min lagging and warping in a place FULL OF TRAPS that were 10 feets away on my screen.

We give up, i find another party, get to the underwater fractal (which is incredibly annoiying btw) and get disconnected. Relog and im not in the fractal, nor i can reenter.

Then decide to go for the quest, seems like fun, right? Only to discover from my guild that its bugged and you cant progress.

I call it a day, and go to sleep frustrated for having taken the evening off just to play the event. And today, after the patch, i’m just sitting on a bugged asura npc for 2 hours, while everyone sprouts different theories on how to make it work.

So no, I’M NOT HAVING FUN, THANK YOU VERY MUCH and sorry for the rant but this helped me pass time with my ol’ friend noll

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

That is 2 a.m. Japanese Tokyo time. How are we supposed to complete this?!? Bad form.

It appears Anet is not considering how this one-time event affects anyone outside the continent US.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Stephane Lo Presti

Previous

Stephane Lo Presti

Content Marketing Manager, French

Next

Hi,

We’d like to bring further clarification as we’re about to begin Phase 2 in 15 minutes (Saturday November 17 at 12:00 PM PST / 9:00 PM CET) :

Here are the Phase 1 steps that you need to make sure you completed before Phase 2 starts:

1. Talk to Inspector Ellen Kiel in the Grand Piazza of Lion’s Arch
  2. Examine the wreckage on the shore in Lion’s Arch west of Sanctum Harbor waypoint
  3. Return to Kiel with the soggy bag
  4. Talk to Consortium Subdirector Blingg at the new Consortium Gift Shop point of interest, northwest of Fort Marriner in Lion’s Arch
  5. *Receive the map fragment. *

The subsequent steps of Phase 1 can be finished after Phase 2

1. Defeat Noll and his bodyguards (this is currently bugged and we’ll push a fix for that later)
  2. Find Canach in Garenhoff
  3. Defeat Canach (this NPC is currently on a timer)
  4. Return to Kiel for your reward.

Other dynamic events are not required for completing Phase 1.

All players will be able to play and complete Phase 2, independently from whether they played or completed Phase 1.

Thanks.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: AshlingWolfeye.6947

AshlingWolfeye.6947

Saballa is bugged on Borlis Pass as well

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: GollyJolly.8693

GollyJolly.8693

I wouldnt worry about the other races quests, all you get is a measly handful of event tokens. Not worth the frustration and time involved.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Mira.3681

Mira.3681

Thank you for the clarification, Stephane. I am somewhat of a “completionist”, so I do want to know that have completed the necessary steps for phase 1.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: RvLeshrac.2673

RvLeshrac.2673

Lol So i can’t do it because there bugs in phase 1… lmao you’re a joke ANet… Can see why you don’t have a subscription plan

Exactly zero of the bugs in Phase 1 are affecting your ability to start Phase 2. Read much?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: poziix.7285

poziix.7285

Here are the Phase 1 steps that you need to make sure you completed before Phase 2 starts:

All players will be able to play and complete Phase 2, independently from whether they played or completed Phase 1.

Thanks.

So which is it? Have the map completed before phase 2 or we will be able to complete phase 2 independent of completing phase 1? You contradict yourself.

(edited by poziix.7285)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: RvLeshrac.2673

RvLeshrac.2673

Hi,

We’d like to bring further clarification as we’re about to begin Phase 2 in 15 minutes (Saturday November 17 at 12:00 PM PST / 9:00 PM CET) :

1. Talk to Inspector Ellen Kiel in the Grand Piazza of Lion’s Arch
  2. Examine the wreckage on the shore in Lion’s Arch west of Sanctum Harbor waypoint
  3. Return to Kiel with the soggy bag
  4. Talk to Consortium Subdirector Blingg at the new Consortium Gift Shop point of interest, northwest of Fort Marriner in Lion’s Arch
  5. *Receive the map fragment. *

The subsequent steps of Phase 1 can be finished after Phase 2

1. Defeat Noll and his bodyguards (this is currently bugged and we’ll push a fix for that later)
  2. Find Canach in Garenhoff
  3. Defeat Canach (this NPC is currently on a timer)
  4. Return to Kiel for your reward.

Other dynamic events are not required for completing Phase 1.

Thanks.

So which is it? Have the map completed before phase 2 or we will be able to complete phase 2 independent of completing phase 1? You contradict yourself.

There’s no contradiction.

You can do Phase 2, period.

You can only complete Phase 1 AFTER PHASE 2 HAS STARTED if you have the map fragment.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Tasmosuth.4265

Tasmosuth.4265

You need to have completed the first couple steps from phase 1 before phase 2 begins, otherwise you can’t finish phase 1.

Edited by moderator: post edited as it was breaking the CoC for disrespectful tone

(edited by Moderator)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Cathgar.7581

Cathgar.7581

So what happened to Phase 2?

Nothing has happened in LA.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Emberfoot.6847

Emberfoot.6847

So I have done
Defeat Noll and his bodyguards (this is currently bugged and we’ll push a fix for that later)
Find Canach in Garenhoff
Defeat Canach (this NPC is currently on a timer)
But never had a letter or gotten a reward from Kiel when I talk to her. If I have the map from the start with the Hanto Trading Post I am still ok?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Taiance.6213

Taiance.6213

So is Phase 2 on hold due to the puppying problems with Phase 1?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: biggs.4702

biggs.4702

I have a map fragment nobody wants. I have an alchemical potion I can’t turn in. I have a soggy bag no one wants. I fought Canach and got absolutely nothing: no item, no conversation, NOTHING. Talking to Levvi and/or Kiel goes nowhere.

What am I missing?

The obstacle is the path.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Tumachi.4532

Tumachi.4532

Largos is bugged today, so I can’t obtain the 5 Captains Council Commendations…

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

Can you just mail everyone the map fragment? Unless someone frequents the forums how would they have even known this.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in The Lost Shores

lynspottery.6529

Thanks Stephane for this information, however, for those of us who have yet to complete phase 1 we are left out in the cold.

Open comment to you and all the developers at Anet: Please make all these events last more than just a few days. At least a week long setup allowing everyone enough time to complete all the steps in progression in order to finish.

We players cannot change your bug issues to make our efforts work. Rather difficult to finish phase 1 if you are missing a piece not attainable.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Dragonbone.4397

Dragonbone.4397

Where is Phase 2, nothing seems to be happening, a clue at least please

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Rejam.3946

Rejam.3946

whats the point of this clarification with only 15 minutes left?

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien, President of Arenanet

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kill Kayt.8375

Kill Kayt.8375

except it is now 20 after 12(3pm) and Phase 2 has still not started…

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Stark.1842

Stark.1842

I’m standing in LA with about 30 people who don’t know what’s going on like myself. Very frustrating and disappointing.

At least I’ve been watching twitter and these forums. I don’t think most people expect they have to use the internet to figure out the steps of this event. The game should do the explaining.

edit- i see they posted a delay on twitter. but affirms by statement… you shouldn’t have to watch twitter to play this game.

(edited by Stark.1842)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Well that’s good to know, don’t have to worry about phase 2 at all then.

Kinda disappointing.

It’s one thing to miss a cut-scene, it’s another do not get into the spirit at all because you literally don’t feel it. There was an invasion in Lion’s Arch apparently.

Halloween worked a lot better that way. There could have been at least some aftermath battles on the outskirts – not just the occasional DE somewhere in Kessex Hills.

Hopefully the island will make up for it.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: james the monk.3851

james the monk.3851

Phase 2 still hasn’t started in the overflow im in.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Dyf.6073

Dyf.6073

So what about collecting the three things for the researcher? The Largos has been bugged every time I have logged on to try and complete it (Noll too, but I have the map fragment so should be ok there), so will we still be able to do the Largos/Hylek/Quaggan part after Phase 2?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: ghost.1026

ghost.1026

“All players will be able to play and complete Phase 2, independently from whether they played or completed Phase 1.”

Ill chill and clear the phase 1 after the 2:nd…. Cant find that soggy bag in on the wreckage.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: inscribed.6849

inscribed.6849

Still no Phase 2 event in Darkhaven yet. I still haven’t even seen a kitten karka this entire event, everything is bugged….

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: subtrahierer.5021

subtrahierer.5021

I did steps 1-4, still have the bag and did not revieve any map fragment.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Fort Marriner still hasn’t triggered the event Phase 2 in Lion’s Arch.

in The Lost Shores

Cathgar.7581

We are waiting on a boat but nothing happening.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ellanon Stormfire.8723

Ellanon Stormfire.8723

DEAR ARENANET: The NPC took my map fragment – and I cannot get another. So, how do I finish if I can’t get fragment back?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Marek Olivar.1207

Marek Olivar.1207

what about saballa and gukumatz ? they were bugged, too.
do you at least consider to repeat the event? Probably after letting your QA test it in advance? Sorry to say so, but I can not understand how you can try to convince some of the testers to buy gw2 with something like this event

in The Lost Shores

lynspottery.6529

Halloween event was a better setup than this one appears to be. At least with that one we had a week to accomplish everything and multiple options to attaining finalization.

This event just does not appear to be well thought out or executed and from what I see it has been a failed event from the get go.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Stephane Lo Presti

Previous

Stephane Lo Presti

Content Marketing Manager, French

Next

There’s no contradiction.

You can do Phase 2, period.

You can only complete Phase 1 AFTER PHASE 2 HAS STARTED if you have the map fragment.

RvLeshrac.2673 is correct and I’m sorry for not repeating this part of my previous message. If you’re not interested in completing Phase 1, this information will NOT affect you and you can happily participate to Phase 2 right now!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: LithePanther.5027

LithePanther.5027

Learn to read, you need to have completed the first couple steps from phase 1 before phase 2 begins, otherwise you can’t finish phase 1.

I can read, learn to be less condescending.

Apparently you can’t.

80 Guardian. 80 Warrior. 80 Thief. 80 Engineer. 80 Necromancer. 80 Ranger.

in The Lost Shores

Cathgar.7581

Some indications on the map to where you have to go for Phase 2 would have been nice, Everyone is standing around wondering what the hell is going on.

in The Lost Shores

Dragonbone.4397

Still no event… whats going on??

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Max Power.8312

Max Power.8312

So I have the soggy thing and it never gave me the map from Blingg…. am I past the point of no return on that, I talked with him and nothing happened….

in The Lost Shores

Dragonbone.4397

Stephane, cant take part as nothing is happening!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Vyral.4365

Vyral.4365

30 minutes after noon server time… overflow server. Catapult has been in progress for 20 minutes. Nothing else seems to be happening.