Was it worth it?

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Riel.2160

Riel.2160

bugged scalings on overflows but rewards were nice !

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Harrier.9380

Harrier.9380

Got a bunch of lv 60 trash items as reward.

Wish someone actually let us know “It is recommended to do event on your lv 80 character or you’ll receivie completely useless rewards”

Im thinking if everyone who wasn’t lvl 80 got precursors/exotics the prices would plummet into nothing

I’m fine with that. But wish someone actually mention rewards will scale. I chose to do event with my lv60 Warrior instead of lv80 Thief. If i knew I’m gonna get screwed with loot, I’ld take the other char :|

“Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit,
because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure.”

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

20 slot bag, exotic all stats accessory, 2x named exotics, 2x rares.

I’m pretty happy with the rewards for the time spent and the one death I suffered.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: AgentBrand.7092

AgentBrand.7092

I got DC right befor the chest after 2.5 hours and can’t log back in.

So no it was not worth it.

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: DarkSpirit.4659

DarkSpirit.4659

I found the event reward at the end (Treasure chest) was well worth it, I had fun throughout the event. Sure it lagged but at least it wasn’t bugged like the last 2 phases. Exotics at the end where nice

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I did it on a level 40 character (highest I have) and got a few rares/exotics while I’ll probably sell (TP is down right now), a 20 slot bag and the shell accessory.

The bag and the shell might justify the cost of repairs to get them, but at the moment I’m feeling like the whole thing was a bit of a let down. It was extremely frustrating to even try and participate because of all the lag and disconnects and I think it would have worked much better as a repeatable event.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: RadiantPrism.2861

RadiantPrism.2861

I think it was decent overall, bit long for the reward received, but I don’t regret doing it (some decent loot from the chest and general one-time event).

Also, for those that didn’t do the event you can still buy, essentially, the exotic (accountbound) Ancient Karka Shell at a vendor at Southsun Shore with 1000 karka shells.

(edited by RadiantPrism.2861)

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Jeek.1572

Jeek.1572

no. a lot of people including me got dced and couldnt get back to my overflow… Hence no loot. 2.5 hours wasted. thumbs down ANet.

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Golgathoth.3967

Golgathoth.3967

I got the standard two exotic items, plus two more exotics and two yellow rarity items. Not bad, actually – especially since my highest character is 62.

Sylvari: 7 Humans: 3 Charr: 2 Norn: 1 Asura: 0
“Tarnished Coast” since head start!

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: supergica.8652

supergica.8652

Everyone who waited untill the end and didn’t get disconected got 2 exotics, 2 rares, a 20 slot bag and an unique amulet (exotic).

Stop lying about no reward. This was the biggest reward of any event currently in the game.

I say it was worth it. It had it’s moments

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Merendel.7128

Merendel.7128

Worth it for me… not sure what the folks reporting no rewards are on about unless they DC’d at the end or something and missed the chest. I got 2 random exotics, 2 rares, and a chest with an exotic accesory(ring) and a 20slot bag.

Overall the event was fun and the rewards good. The one thing I’d sugest to Anet though is next time dont have an event that involves spawning 30 mobs that all do charge/kd on a very short CD. Those vet kraka’s were anoying to fight because they’d knock you down every 10s if you were ranged and perma knock down from several directions if you were melee. even worse when half of them are culled so you dont see them till after you are a skidmark

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

It’s just FREE content so what do you mean by worth it I wonder. You get exotics for doing the ancient karka, and the new dungeon is hands down the best thing in the game for high levels. I love this update.

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: atarigenocide.4987

atarigenocide.4987

The reward was good but the actual event itself was zero fun for me. Thus, my answer remains no.

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: ENJOU.2548

ENJOU.2548

No it wasn’t when have the players DC and get nothing

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: atarigenocide.4987

atarigenocide.4987

It’s just FREE content so what do you mean by worth it I wonder. You get exotics for doing the ancient karka, and the new dungeon is hands down the best thing in the game for high levels. I love this update.

Everything, whether free or not, has a “worth” because it still costs time.

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Depotboy.6204

Depotboy.6204

Got Storm, yeah it was worth all the trouble.

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: epicsmooth.7825

epicsmooth.7825

Got a bunch of lv 60 trash items as reward.

Wish someone actually let us know “It is recommended to do event on your lv 80 character or you’ll receivie completely useless rewards”

Im thinking if everyone who wasn’t lvl 80 got precursors/exotics the prices would plummet into nothing

I’m fine with that. But wish someone actually mention rewards will scale. I chose to do event with my lv60 Warrior instead of lv80 Thief. If i knew I’m gonna get screwed with loot, I’ld take the other char :|

Common sense, says being on a lvl 60 means you dont get lvl 80 loot

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Payadopa.4706

Payadopa.4706

I got a 20 slot bag and rares and exotics. So… yes! Yes, it was worth it. ^^

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Photonic.8726

Photonic.8726

What a joke! Make us sit and GRIND through a bunch of horrible annoying mobs, and then DC us and give no reward. Thanks for helping us chose a game to play… NOT THIS ONE.

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Aristeia.2193

Aristeia.2193

Might have been worth it if I hadn’t DC’d and then not been able to get back to the overflow where the event was still going. I was enjoying myself up to that point. Now I’m wishing I had never set my alarm to do this event.

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Jeek.1572

Jeek.1572

Everyone who waited untill the end and didn’t get disconected got 2 exotics, 2 rares, a 20 slot bag and an unique amulet (exotic).

Stop lying about no reward. This was the biggest reward of any event currently in the game.

I say it was worth it. It had it’s moments

And who do you think was lying? people who got dced before the boss died got nothing.

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: KjarlSeaspite.9573

KjarlSeaspite.9573

I enjoyed it.

Everyone saying no is most likely a PvPer that doesn’t PvE and complains.

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: PhoenixTril.4258

PhoenixTril.4258

As a level 50 Engineer, no. It was not. I have a handful of exotics that are worthless on the AH, that I can’t even equip.

A fun fight, but in terms of material rewards, practically pointless. I would have done better to grind Fractals for two hours.

Meanwhile, everyone and their grandmother gets a bloody Precursor.

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

Was worth it for me I felt.

3 hrs =
20 slot bag and account bound accessory (pretty much a level 80 version of the pre-order ring).
2 pretty decent exotics. (one which was a healing staff which I was gonna buy one, but now I don’t need to)
2 rares that salvaged into zero ectos though.

But I enjoyed the event even though it was quite long and laggy. :/ The final push after all the stupid reinforcement phases was nice. The reinforcement phases and the karkas taking forever to render in was my biggest gripe.

(edited by Katreyn.4218)

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Pandanimal.7534

Pandanimal.7534

Very disappointed. Was disconnected at the end and can’t now reconnect.
So I didn’t get anything.
My first time playing Guild Wars 2 aswell.
Hopefully it will improve from here on.
Maybe ANET could consider having one off events that are doable on any day over a period of several days. Then there wouldn’t be the mass invasion of servers with every one trying to do the same thing at the same time?

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: xWESTsidex.4980

xWESTsidex.4980

The loot was awesome. Got 3 exotics and 2 rares. But overall, the events over the weekend were mostly bugged when i was playing. The holiday event was way better.

Lvl 80 Ranger. Lvl 80 Necro.
Officer of Warriors and Rebels [WaR]
Gate of Madness

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

I found it was worth it, I had fun during the whole 2 hours both from playing (though laggy at times) and the map chat, plus the rewards were more then just a random green. Would do it again.

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: BiscuitOfOz.1437

BiscuitOfOz.1437

Even though it lagged quite a bit I thought it was fun, especially the last event since it was unique. The rewards were nice too, so thanks Arenanet for putting up this event for us, and I hope the lag issue is solved in upcoming events to make it more of an enjoyable experience. =)

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Branwin.4609

Branwin.4609

No way! I feel disillusioned about this game more and more but I really want to enjoy it in it’s entirety. I just can’t anymore.

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: bpphantom.8243

bpphantom.8243

I should have spent the 2-3 hours mashing my testicles with a spiked mallet. It would have been a better use of my time. Off to other games (and developers) until ANet gets their kitten together.

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman.”

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Harrier.9380

Harrier.9380

Common sense, says being on a lvl 60 means you dont get lvl 80 loot

Common sense says ‘expect some unique event rewards, not related to your level’, not legendary materials/named exotics.

“Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit,
because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure.”

(edited by Harrier.9380)

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Delthar.6582

Delthar.6582

Got 2 Rares, 2 Exotics, 1 account bound exotic accessory , and a 20 slot bag (also account bound) from the chest. So yeah I reckon it was worth the 2 1/2 hours of lag.

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: epicsmooth.7825

epicsmooth.7825

What a joke! Make us sit and GRIND through a bunch of horrible annoying mobs, and then DC us and give no reward. Thanks for helping us chose a game to play… NOT THIS ONE.

And nothing of value was lost.

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: PocketFox.4602

PocketFox.4602

As many others have said: in short, no, the event as a whole wasn’t worth it. Days 1 and 2 were lackluster, the bugs were frustrating, and as for Day 3, I think ANet overshot “epic” and landed on “tedious”.

The entire event surrounding the Ancient Karka certainly had potential and had definite hints of greatness — the final push was certainly fun — but the lead-up to it, particularly the nightmare of the “reinforcements” phases, was too drawn out and repetitive and just plain too long.

Some people complained that this was a one-time only event; I said thank god it was.

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: MMOWarrior.9312

MMOWarrior.9312

I have to give ANet Kudos for the weekend events…

were they perfect no…

personally I didn’t have the lag or disconnect at the end.. I hope this was a small percentage of folks.. and it would be great if they could figure out how to identify the people that did not get to their chest because of a disconnect and send them a little something..

all that aside… I’ve been playing MMO’s for longer than I care to admit and something I’ve heard in all these years was a desire for LIVE events that left a mark on the world.. that’s what this weekend was about.. and I hope the Devs aren’t discouraged by all the negativity and continue to build on these events… it was very kewl to actually be a part of the world of Tyria changing… FOREVER! not just for 20mins until the chain ends and repeats..

I’m not sure just how much folks thought they should get for an event like this.. but it seems for some the expectations were unrealistically high..

I will give one critique… today’s battle was a bit on the looonnnggg side and got a bit boring about the second wave… could have been a tad shorter.. perhaps only one wave…

now as to what’s left behind… mainly the gear gating… well I’ll leave that alone as this post is strictly about the weekend LIVE event…

Good Job Guys!
Keep it coming!

Gwylfan, Sylvari Ranger of Tarnished Coast

(edited by MMOWarrior.9312)

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: caiomacos.1694

caiomacos.1694

2 exotics + 2 rares + 20-slot bag + that karma item with lots of stats (dont remember what it was) from the final chest.
And a few stuff (mostly garbage, except one rare 80) through the event.

Would be a good event if not for the lag. Lag was unacceptable.

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ell of Good Faith.9416

Ell of Good Faith.9416

At best I give this event a D-. The only reason it wasn’t a total failure was the outstanding artwork and animations. But repeatedly killing the same thing was beyond boring. Pointlessly, hopelessly boring. I can’t think of a singly reason to ever visit this zone again. What were the Devs thinking?

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Dina Van Heyr.3018

Dina Van Heyr.3018

yes it was! had a lot of fun, dont remember when i died so many times

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Baby.1405

Baby.1405

i missed the entire thing(((((((((((((( i wish i was there! does it respawn?

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Rieselle.5079

Rieselle.5079

I liked the event. I got two exotics and those ancient karka items. But putting loot aside, it was pretty epic being in a huge back and forth battle where even the almighty player zerg gets pushed back

I had one or two moments of terrible lag, but I tried to stay right at the edge of the zerg and it was ok most of the time.

I had 1 D/C but I was smart enough to form a party with someone so I could get back no problem.

Overall I quite enjoyed it. I’m sorry for those who experienced problems.

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

Great.
So people who wasn’t able to log in during this whole madness will miss a one unique and really usefull item.
Yay. The joy.

EU Aurora Glade

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: PocketFox.4602

PocketFox.4602

and I hope the Devs aren’t discouraged by all the negativity and continue to build on these events…

Feedback is not “negativity”. Yes, there are some out there who are just saying “Anet sucks I’m leaving 4EVAR”, but there are others who legitimately want to give our thoughts — good and bad — on events as a whole.

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Worth it if you were able to loot the chest, someone got spark in my overflow but that’s about it. Otherwise no, the lag at times, the invisible rolls that wiped half the people out at times, the aoes that you barely have time to react to, the reinforcement parts dragged on too long. I miss Rift events at this point.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: kellian.9712

kellian.9712

There was nothing…NOTHING that was worth the aggravation that was this event. I mean 2-3 hours of doing the same thing over and over again, with lag to the point you couldn’t even see what was being attacked.

Cut my losses and left during the craziness that was the “reinforcement” phase (I mean what was THAT about?). Could have gotten every per-curser in the game, and a 100 slot bag and it wouldn’t have been worth it to me.

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: greyman.8105

greyman.8105

The payoff from the final chest was the best I’ve seen from any chest in the game (three exotics, a rare, and the Ancient Chest that turned into a 20-slot bag and exotic back item).

Beyond that, the event was equal parts boredom and frustration right up until the final battle (which was an incredibly anticlimactic ordeal). The opening part planting charges was an exercise in death by invisible mobs, or one-shots by mobs that spawned right on top of you. The middle portion had some different parts to it, using the environment to help you, but the interludes killing reinforcements were way too long and tedious. I know they didn’t want the thing to end too soon, but it just turned into a really dull slog.

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Catwoman.8051

Catwoman.8051

Definitely not worth the hours I played. I started at 9AM Sun to 3PM Sun. Was booted just as the ancient was about to die. Came back in, put in overflow for the whole time ancient was dying and recieved no pts no items from chest and lost money repairing everytime I died. Worked 2 characters to get that far but was sadly and forlornly left out. Very upset with the operation of GW2 and special event.

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Arysta.9530

Arysta.9530

I’m glad I had football on in the background. If I had been 100% focused on that utter crap, I’d be raging right now.

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: MMOWarrior.9312

MMOWarrior.9312

and I hope the Devs aren’t discouraged by all the negativity and continue to build on these events…

Feedback is not “negativity”. Yes, there are some out there who are just saying “Anet sucks I’m leaving 4EVAR”, but there are others who legitimately want to give our thoughts — good and bad — on events as a whole.

and I’m not speaking of honest respectful feedback… but rather your first example..

Gwylfan, Sylvari Ranger of Tarnished Coast

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: BatteryBiscuits.1573

BatteryBiscuits.1573

Through all the karkas and deaths and cullings, that event was 100% definitely worth it along with the awesome rewards, 20-slot box and more ^^

I’m not being sarcastic either, I really had a blast and they did said this would be an event lasting hours.
Feels like an accomplishment.

Was it worth it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

I guess ANET should make another chest like they did with the madking. So everyone would be able to get that trinket or w\e. Even those who had “technical difficulties”.

EU Aurora Glade