Marionette plans after this chapter?

in The Origins of Madness

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I’m not super happy that we lose the Marionette fight (it’s fun, and I’ve been coming back daily after having finished all achievements) but I guess that’s the nature of the beast.

But I want to say that I love the Marionette’s look and animations. You don’t realize how massive she is (sadly, during warden fights you don’t have time for a good look, and from the lanes you don’t see much either. I’ve been watching the fight a few times from hill tops, it was beautiful. Love the stomps and the sword phase. And the spinning head. Man. That’s awesome.)

I would love if we could keep her around at least to look at. (I’m nostalgic.)

For instance, upon her final defeat, she could maybe just collapse on the ground and stay there as a mini jumping puzzle.

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

I think they should scale the fight down and turn it into a guild mission (new guild challenge mission).

Guild missions need a little love right now anyway.

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

i mentioned this before, but maybe scarlet will abandon the wreckage and some order agents will come in and we’ll occasionally have to fend off skritt or dredge or something

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: rootsandleaves.3976

rootsandleaves.3976

I think scaling down the fight and making it a guild mission is the best suggestion I’ve heard for this. I might be in the minority on this, but I really enjoyed the mechanics of the Marionette fight, and I’m actually kinda bummed that it was only a temporary Living Story event. Having it as a new guild mission would be seriously awesome.

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I think scaling down the fight and making it a guild mission is the best suggestion I’ve heard for this. I might be in the minority on this, but I really enjoyed the mechanics of the Marionette fight, and I’m actually kinda bummed that it was only a temporary Living Story event. Having it as a new guild mission would be seriously awesome.

No, I’m with you. I hadn’t even thought about guild missions. That would be perfect, actually.

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Huh, I did not even think about this. Perfect idea

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

You know that Mari’s sticking around until Feb 18th right?

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Yes, we do. We’re not talking about the next two weeks.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Turning it into a Guild Mission (Guild Puzzle or Guild Challenge) gets my vote!

Posted by: Beorn Raukar.4328

Beorn Raukar.4328

For instance, upon her final defeat, she could maybe just collapse on the ground and stay there as a mini jumping puzzle.

This would be AMAZING!

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

Its also a possible fractal later on. have us fight in a lane with a group of npc’s and after lasting for a time limit have us go inside the portal and fight 1 of the 5 wardens at random.

#ELEtism

(edited by Chaotic Storm.2815)

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

Jp! Jp! Jp! Jp! Jp! Jp!

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Turning it into a guild mission would be impossible in terms of lore. It will more than likely be turned into a scaled-down fractal.

Posted by: Gsjlink.4673

Gsjlink.4673

I vote guild mission! Tier it up. If it truly matters, the story can be that we got there through the fractal device. Same for teq, wurm, future revised bosses, and future new bosses. The fractal machine can also serve as the basis for instancing some of the content (while keeping whatever is current in the open world.)

Posted by: EverythingXen.1835

EverythingXen.1835

All of the above!

Or at least one of the above. I’d be happy with anything as long as Lornar’s doesn’t magically revert back to normal after it’s been converted into a WMD firing range.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I like the idea of the puppet remaining in a heap, and even more having it be a puzzle of some sort.

As to viewing the massive size, I’ve found that it’s much more fun to stop the cinematic of the puppet descending and just turn my camera to the lane gate to see it happen live in the world.

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

I think the marionette fight would work great as a fractal or dungeon.

The way I’d do it to scale it 5 people, first a phase where you have to defend each lane in order (of course scaled for 5 players), maybe something like 40 seconds before portal becomes active, and when it does, you’re teleported to one of the platforms (there are 5 platforms, each one could be used for each of the wardens, with its corresponding marionette attack).

Fail conditions the same, failing to kill a warden charges the weapon and sends you back to the same lane until you succed, 3 in a row fully charges it having to start over. Maybe to add a waypoint or checkpoint after you kill the first 2 or 3 wardens, so you don’t have to start all over again if you fail on the last one.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Turning it into a guild mission would be impossible in terms of lore. It will more than likely be turned into a scaled-down fractal.

I disagree about that. We likely can’t have the actual Marionette battle back, but if the Marionette and its supporting UFO crash into Lornar’s Pass, it could become a new guild puzzle where players battle through the ruins of the UFO to shut down the lingering security systems before they reactivate the Marionette (culminating in a boss battle where we fight just the head).

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

Guild fractals would be a cool way to allow content like this to be repeated without breaking lore. You could by it like you buy a regular guild mission and everyone enters through a portal in Lion’s Arch. It becomes an instanced event and you are allowed through the portal if you are representing the guild that has purchased it. The only problem is that it’s only really available to large guilds with 75 willing to show up for that event at a bare minimum

Posted by: Pluto the Wise.4531

Pluto the Wise.4531

I have been doing the doll since it came out. Still have not gotten all of the achievements. are there any servers that do it every hour? the map I am its dead after reset. just that one time for daily and it is done :/

Posted by: Justin.7163

Justin.7163

I’d like to see it remain in some form or another. The Marionette is actually one of the best (if not the best, imo) World Bosses in the game.

Posted by: keltiklaw.5864

keltiklaw.5864

@Pluto – If you guest to Tarnished Coast and map zone to Lornar’s Pass you will usually get into an overflow. I have consistently gotten into OF’s that fill up with enough people to attempt marionette, even if not always successful. And there is almost always an OF or TC doing the Marionette at each event, every two hours. I recommend getting over there at least a half hour before she starts though so you will actually get into an OF that fills up. If you wait until right before the event, you may not get enough people into the lanes to beat it, or even to kill 1st warden.

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

I call it’s going to become a fractal boss, scaled down to 5 players, most likely one per lane.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Posted by: Cometknight.9473

Cometknight.9473

I have all but 3 , you can uasaslly guest In either BG or TC and knock it out every two hours

5 lvl80 Warriors……..and counting

Posted by: perilisk.1874

perilisk.1874

You know, once the Scarlet arc is finished, I think the Marionette would make a cool WvW fight.

Say, each team’s players are assisting one of Scarlet’s (speculating, of course, but let’s assume leaderless) factions, which are fighting for dominance of her resources. Red for Molten, Blue for Aether, Green for Toxic. Any one of them can set off the Marionette once it descends, but it would kill them too (hence the map name M.A.D., “Marionette-Assisted Destruction”). So, they each want to use five generators (one for each of five lanes for that team, 15 total) to charge up a shield that will let them detonate the Marionette without being killed.

Each side has reverse engineered an unlimited supply of watchwork minions to self-destruct on the other teams’ shield generators and deplete their shield bar. So, same concept, but the bar works in reverse.

Anyway, the phase two fights would not have wardens, but would be small groups from each team fighting in five center arenas (while the Marionette does its thing). Each arena would be a control point that affects the portals for one lane for each team — after two minutes, everyone is teleported out, and if no-one has captured an arena, it remains neutral.

If your team does capture an arena, then the portals in the corresponding lane stop spewing watchwork minions, and instead the people there can teleport to the corresponding lane(s) for the other teams and attack, just like the aetherblades/molten/toxic in the original PvE marionette event. Just like the PvE foes, you can’t directly affect the bar, but you can kill defenders and make it easier for watchwork minions to deplete the bar.

To ensure that the match eventually ends, the rate at which the shield generators charge increases the longer the match goes on. Once one team’s bar fills up, the event ends, everyone not on that team dies, and reward chests are given out. There will also be a watchwork chest in each keep where players can cash in drops from champion watchwork enemies (trash mobs drop nothing, but enemy players have normal drops).

Just a thought. It sounds fun to me, but I’m more of a PvE player than a WvW one.

Ceterum censeo Sentim Punicam esse delendam

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Scale it down and put it in the fractals. Frankly that is one of the primary advantages for the fractals, you can make “temp” content “perm” and it can still make sense from a lore perspective.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: biofrog.1568

biofrog.1568

Well, I was thinking about the “Weapon Test”, and the specific encounters with each Marionette champ.

Then figured.. if it’s testing, and we all know where it is going to be used, there’s no real reason for it to ‘stop’ being used once it completes its destruction!

Just have it stomp around the entire L.A. map, dangling from its tethers in the floating platform above! Fighting a mob in L.A.? ORANGE CIRCLE, you better dodge that Marionette sword mighty quickly :-)

“There’s no lag but what we make.” – biofrog

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

guild missions and jp both would be awesome….

guild missions since you could finally kill her with organized people only xD

and jumping puzzles are always fun to me anyway

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1