New World Bosses

New World Bosses

in The Origins of Madness

Posted by: ChaosKirin.1328

ChaosKirin.1328

What I’m getting from this thread is that everyone wants something different.

I suppose that no one is //right.// The fact is, though, that Teq is a hard world boss. If you don’t want a hard boss, go do easier content.

There are people who like doing harder content – Teq is for them. Not you.

If you are a completionist, you’re going to have to start liking harder content.

AGAIN. You do not have to be in a guild to beat Teq. Heck, log on with me tonight on Jade Quarry. 5pm server time. If you want to do the content, be there two hours early. That’s a small price to pay for playing the harder content. JQ also does Teq at 12pm server time, IIRC, and they usually beat her then, ’cuz when I log on around 3 server time, the land in Splintered coast is all sunshine and rainbows.

Blackgate does Teq every time she spawns, too.

For those people who are insistent that they cannot get to Tequatl to take her down, you are just making excuses. Make the effort, and you’ll get a kill on most nights.

I like harder content. So I am looking forward to this new wurm being difficult. It’s not for some people, and I accept that, too. You don’t have to do it if you don’t like to coordinate the harder stuff. There are champions and elites around the map that you can feel free to engage.

Because that’s exactly what you want.

World bosses SHOULD be hard. They’re world bosses. The people who used to walk over the dragons and want that back thoroughly confuse me. You have your easy content elsewhere… Leave some hard content for people who want it.

New World Bosses

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

I suppose that no one is //right.// The fact is, though, that Teq is a hard world boss. If you don’t want a hard boss, go do easier content.

If you are a completionist, you’re going to have to start liking harder content.

AGAIN. You do not have to be in a guild to beat Teq. Heck, log on with me tonight on Jade Quarry. 5pm server time. If you want to do the content, be there two hours early. That’s a small price to pay for playing the harder content. JQ also does Teq at 12pm server time, IIRC, and they usually beat her then, ’cuz when I log on around 3 server time, the land in Splintered coast is all sunshine and rainbows.

For those people who are insistent that they cannot get to Tequatl to take her down, you are just making excuses. Make the effort, and you’ll get a kill on most nights.

I like harder content. So I am looking forward to this new wurm being difficult. It’s not for some people, and I accept that, too. You don’t have to do it if you don’t like to coordinate the harder stuff. There are champions and elites around the map that you can feel free to engage.

World bosses SHOULD be hard. They’re world bosses. The people who used to walk over the dragons and want that back thoroughly confuse me. You have your easy content elsewhere… Leave some hard content for people who want it.

Youre missing the point. The counterargument many are presenting here has nothing to do with the difficulty – and no one really makes that argument. Most people want these fights to be difficult.

The issue is the arbitrary number requirements that tilt the fight in favor of large population servers (and, subsequently, encourage bandwagonning and overguesting to those servers).

In the current environment, requiring 80+ semi-coordinated players means that only a couple of servers have the capabilities to do the fight – and everyone else is out of luck unless they guest or join a secondary guild (of strangers) dedicated to forcing overflows and downing the fight.

20 or 30 players should be the baseline – and it should scale from there. This would allow organized guilds to better plan events to tackle the fights and make it more accessible on every server – not just Blackgate or Desolation.

Again, it isnt about difficulty (we all want that). It is about accessibility to all with the current server population numbers/fluctuations taken into account.

New World Bosses

Posted by: Name.9625

Name.9625

Youre missing the point. The counterargument many are presenting here has nothing to do with the difficulty – and no one really makes that argument. Most people want these fights to be difficult.

The issue is the arbitrary number requirements that tilt the fight in favor of large population servers (and, subsequently, encourage bandwagonning and overguesting to those servers).

In the current environment, requiring 80+ semi-coordinated players means that only a couple of servers have the capabilities to do the fight – and everyone else is out of luck unless they guest or join a secondary guild (of strangers) dedicated to forcing overflows and downing the fight.

20 or 30 players should be the baseline – and it should scale from there. This would allow organized guilds to better plan events to tackle the fights and make it more accessible on every server – not just Blackgate or Desolation.

Again, it isnt about difficulty (we all want that). It is about accessibility to all with the current server population numbers/fluctuations taken into account.

That´s the thing. It´s pretty annoying when you do want to go to any area and you get kicked into an overflow because of an event that will occur hours later. It is especially disturbing if you´re running in a group and you get split up.
I don´t mind content like Teq, that is designed for huge groups. Even tho i haven´t done him ever. I think the suggestion about medium sized content is a valid one as well. But yes, there would be a problem with the scaling mechanics. I´m quite sure that people would still zerg it like mad.
But my suggestion for Anet is to simple sort out the problem with the overflow caused by guesting. While i do guest fairly regularly as well, i still think this may be a problem. For events like Teq or Jormag, there should be a way to favour “native” accounts and put those into a map before guested accounts.
This way you could avoid the frustration that results from people being forced into an overflow constantly, while they´re playing on their homeserver. At the same time you would also encourage people to try this content more regularly on their homeservers as well.
I think it´s be an easy and affordable way to ensure that a larger part of the community gets access to the content without having to rewrite the entire content.

New World Bosses

Blaeys.3102

But my suggestion for Anet is to simple sort out the problem with the overflow caused by guesting. While i do guest fairly regularly as well, i still think this may be a problem. For events like Teq or Jormag, there should be a way to favour “native” accounts and put those into a map before guested accounts.
This way you could avoid the frustration that results from people being forced into an overflow constantly, while they´re playing on their homeserver. At the same time you would also encourage people to try this content more regularly on their homeservers as well.
I think it´s be an easy and affordable way to ensure that a larger part of the community gets access to the content without having to rewrite the entire content.

While I agree to a point, any system like this would bring issues as well. If they gave native server members preference or put any additional limits on guesting, then the disparity between high population and low population servers would become even more of an issue. The result would be a mass exodus transfer from low to high servers, creating even more problems.

In a perfect world, populations would be evenly split among all servers. That will never happen for alot of reasons. With that in mind, I think content has to be designed with EVERY player and server in mind – and the idea of 80+ as the baseline just doesn’t work (and causes serious frustration and a lack of fun) on the majority of servers.

I want the huge epic fights the same as everyone, but I dont want them for just a percentage of the population (eg, only those who chose the “right” server).

New World Bosses

ChaosKirin.1328

That’s just the thing. There’s some serious misunderstandings here about how a Teq fight works.

1. Overflows can down Teq. They do all the time. You don’t have to be on a main server to fight her.

2. You do have to be there early. Log on, then return half an hour before the fight.

3. To quote Charrgirl from the previous page: “Personally I hope it’s easier then Tequatl. I never managed to defeat him. The premise of a large world boss where you have to be in a specific server, specific guild, and specific overflow even to get a remote chance of defeating it kills the purpose of “free for all” content they promised at the launch.”

4. Wanting world bosses to scale to the number of people present is essentially asking them to be easier. If ten people are there, and ten people can take her down, there is almost no coordination necessary at all. There is nothing wrong with content that requires a lot of people.

New World Bosses

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

am just getting sick of the world bosses. The mechanics are terrible for most of them.
Jormag is a good example, run to dragon, fear, run away, run back, fear, run away, repeat and rinse. I had had many time where I would run repeatedly back and forth never even getting a chance to get a single skill off. The fire ele is similar, one shot to knock you down, then they bounce your body all over the place so you can’t even attempt to rally. If a boss can completely shut you down so you cannot even use a single skill, that is not fun, it’s just poor mechanics.

Really? There are utilities that help circumvent a lot of these types of attacks. Those skills you listed are annoying but not what I would call “poor mechanics.” Look at your utilities there should be some which will help you in those fights.

Sorry for the long post. I enjoy this thread.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stability

New World Bosses

Blaeys.3102

4. Wanting world bosses to scale to the number of people present is essentially asking them to be easier. If ten people are there, and ten people can take her down, there is almost no coordination necessary at all. There is nothing wrong with content that requires a lot of people.

It already scales to the number of people.

And everyone agrees 10 is too few.

Given the current populations, 25 or 30 sounds about right – and would make it an active event on most every server – while still allowing scaling for the mega-T1 servers out there.

Currently on Tequatl, fewer than 15 people have assigned roles that require coordination (turret operators, defenders and dpser). The need for the remainder is a result of the boss’s health and the number of adds that spawn – two things that can scale exponentially without taking complexity from the fight.

People are confusing “hard” and “requires a lot of people.” You can have one without having the other. Given the numbers we have across servers right now, I think these fights need a lower threshhold number wise (without sacrificing fight complexity).

To your last point – I would argue there is something wrong with it – with the huge disparities in server populations, these fights heavily favor players who chose the “right” server and leave the rest of us with an unsavory choice – either transfer, guest (to servers with people we dont know) or forego the content entirely.

(edited by Blaeys.3102)

New World Bosses

ChaosKirin.1328

The thing I’m worried about – admittedly selfishly – is that this goes instanced.

In that case, I would have to find a guild that does world bosses regularly, and while I love content like Teq (And will probably love the wurm, too) i don’t have time to devote to a guild who’s going to want me on every time they do a world boss.

I know people don’t like WoW comparisons here, but … I joined a guild on WoW who actually kicked me out for not ‘doing enough’ in terms of raiding. It’d be one thing if I signed up and didn’t show, but to kick me out because I went a week without logging onto my raiding character? That’s just not right.

And that’s what I think will happen if Teq goes instanced. Only the people who want to be in huge guilds who do GW2’s raid content will get to participate.

And I think before they lower the number of people required to do world bosses, they’ll push them to instances, where huge guilds CAN get 80 people on at a specific time to run the content.

Right now, I have no problem with how it’s running. I log on a couple hours ahead of time and watch TV, or read, or write, or draw while I’m waiting for the 5pm spawn. In fact, right no I’m on JQ main waiting for kill time. Yesterday, I beat Teq in overflow (and from what I understand, Blackgate main did not.)

I guess I don’t get it. I feel that if you want to do content that exists, you’d make room in your schedule to do it as it stands. I’ve killed Tequatl every night now for two weeks, and I really am looking forward to taking down the wurm with a team of 100 in open-world play.

New World Bosses

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Just to point out something. The TTS Guild guests to servers with low pop, or servers who don’t regularly kill Teq. We do this mainly to help those servers get a kill, and at the same time, allows us to have a point to gather. We then run both the main and the Overflow, with TTS leading both as well. So even if your server doesn’t have enough people to organize, TTS will show up at some point. We rotate guest servers, and welcome players from the main server to participate.

We’ll do this for the new mega-wurm too. So don’t give up hope on doing elite content.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

New World Bosses

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

So even if your server doesn’t have enough people to organize, TTS will show up at some point.

Ironically, that would mean that most of the players of said server would be still unable to do it there and would have to guest somewhere else themselves. After all, if you will be there, and you will be enough to pull the event off, then most likely no more than 10-20 “native” players would be able to join you.
Which gets bact to what i said earlier – it is a content only a very small part of the population can enjoy.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

New World Bosses

Posted by: darkkinder.7926

darkkinder.7926

I am little worried this will be like Teq. where you have to be in a special guild and basically glitch (create a overflow for just certain people to join) the game to be able to complete the content.

lol you don’t need to be in a “special” guild (I’m not). I just go to another server (because my server don’t do it) in the reset time.

Yesterday I went to Blackgate after 30 min reset time, and ended up entering an overflow with very few people, but after 10 minutes had several people and we finish the event missing one minute. Was great : )

(edited by darkkinder.7926)

New World Bosses

Posted by: jblazej.4897

jblazej.4897

There have been at least three failures to kill Tequatl on Blackgate today alone. None were successful enough to get it close to the first battery event.

(edited by jblazej.4897)

New World Bosses

Posted by: Master Yi.6129

Master Yi.6129

Wow…so many assumptions about the first few weeks about tequatl and they are all false.
-nobody complained about difficulty. Nobody complained about overflows. Everyone complained about the TIME LIMIT.
-only low population servers had problems with equal because they never have enough cooperative people; they’re still complaining

Back on topic, everyone needs to pray for one thing only: no time limit.

New World Bosses

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

All you need is for everyone in zerg to have elemental powders and have 4 squads 2 on each turrets anymore then 3 they are undefendable from champ spawns. That is the only requirement to defeat teq.

So the only reasone teq fails is because:
Idots stack on turrets waypoint right next to one turret group
people don’t know when to use what turret skill
low %elemental powder
zerg doesn’t fallow commander
people don’t know how to defend batteries

None of these are particularly hard to accomplish. Every server has more then 200 people so population complaints don’t really work. Anyway GW2 needs a variety of bosses that scale from very easy to very hard in my opinion so that players can gage there skills to some extent. Currently all world bosses are jokes non of which are particularly hard just requires right set up. We do not need more easy content enough of it already exists in game.

I feel like timer is a joke mechanic also that instead there should be an epic whip mechanic with animation. The boss left cause it killed everyone.

Scaling should not be done. Bosses do not get weaker or stronger depending on # of people the fight them. A Dragon bites you in half does it hurt less because you are with 9 other people instead of

The progression of gw2 to a more realistic and new boss combat system and mechanics I support.

What I really want to see is bosses having multiple attack patters which are chosen at random so that they become unpredictable and more interesting to fight.

New World Bosses

Blaeys.3102

Removing or lengthening the time limit would probably be a decent fix, but I still believe this fight should scale for smaller (but not really small) groups of players.

3 people at each turret (one on the turret + 2 defending) + 10 attacking the boss (meaning 28 minimum – say 30 as a nice round number) should be a viable group, imo. They would not have to remove any mechanics and a high level of coordination would still be required (in fact, it would require even more coordination than it does with large groups now).

Scaling is an important part of the game. It allows us to play with the people we want to play with – without worrying about leaving anyone behind (like we had to in other MMOs with raid style content) or having too many players and invalidating the fight difficulty. Creating arbitrary number restrictions is just as bad – creating an environment where content is out of reach (and even worse, not out of reach due to skill, but instead due to server choice/number restrictions, something this game is usually good about avoiding).

If the fight scaled from 30 instead of 80 (but retained the mechanics and complexity), you would see alot more attempts on the less populous servers. Many of those attempts would probably be failures – which most of us are okay with – but at least we would have the chance to organize and attempt the fight with our friends – something many of us simply cant do now because of the minimum numbers required on this fight.

It’s hard to understand how important this is if you dont play on a low tier server (and Im sure the detractors/proponents in this thread are split pretty well between those two). I think at least a handful of the developers should play on those servers more consistently to see the issues these kind of things create.

(edited by Blaeys.3102)

New World Bosses

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

The ideal solution to Teq-like battles for me would be if they found a way to share the fight across multiple instances on a server, (main + overflows). First off, let everyone who shows up contribute to taking down the same health bar. They could modify the tech used for the bar from the Tower, (unless that bar was all smoke and mirrors).

Create some interesting cross-instance mechanics so that people on a ten-man overflow can feel as useful to the overall fight as those in the eighty-man main. Yes, the less populated instances will have a harder time managing aggro and incoming damage, and they might not be able to get in and do much direct damage to the boss, but that doesn’t mean they can’t somehow be useful to the greater fight.

If they fight just as hard as those in higher-population instance, they should get something out of it in the end. (And the high-pop fighters should get some benefits in the fight from what the low-pop folks are doing.) Players should not, however, be able to throw in a few whacks, wait idly for everyone else to beat it, and reap the credit for victory.

It requires some creativity and tech wizardry, but it seems better than leaving people out in the cold entirely just because you can only win on one instance.

I should be writing.

New World Bosses

Posted by: ElexOrieN.2130

ElexOrieN.2130

What does everyone think of the new world bosses?

Bloodtide Coast Overflow
Lonar’s Pass Overflow

Also, a second worm? Seriously?!

New World Bosses

Astralporing.1957

They could modify the tech used for the bar from the Tower, (unless that bar was all smoke and mirrors).

You really think that the players managed to advance the timer on their own so precisely that the event finished at exactly the time when new event was scheduled? I don’t think so.

Actions, not words.

New World Bosses

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

I love the fact that people are hiding behind server population numbers just to cover up them being lazy to organize a fight properly.

For the 3rd or 4th time now: Whiteside Ridge is killing it on a regular basis (medium pop).

New World Bosses

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

The fight itself is just poorly implemented and has no real place in the spirit of the game.

How so? How does this ruin the spirit of the game? I assume it ruins it because it “has no place”.

No boss encounter, especially a world boss, should require you to join certain guilds and in fact bypass regular gameplay by deliberately setting up overflows for the select few who get invited in. And no, the chance of beating it by going about this the “normal” way for world bosses is abyssmally low.

It’s already been pointed out there is no need to join a special guild in order to kill this boss. Blackgate had no such guild for many of it’s kills. I’ve never run into that guild actually.

I’ve never seen people “invite” specific people into this fight. You want to kill it? Get on TS and find out where they are. Even this isn’t a requirement anymore. I randomly killed him with commanders and players I’ve never even seen before yesterday.

Define “the normal way”. Is the normal way how you kill all other world bosses? If so, then no thanks.

Accessibility is certainly an issue, but this has more to do with map limits and not the boss itself. If they added any new boss regardless of difficulty it will get flood. The only thing making it easy does is allows any group to kill it. We have tons of bosses like this in game already.

The premise of a large world boss where you have to be in a specific server, specific guild, and specific overflow even to get a remote chance of defeating it kills the purpose of “free for all” content they promised at the launch.

See above, most of those things listed are not required. Perhaps at one time it helped greatly to be on TS (and I promise you, you’ll need it for the wurm) but you do not need a special guild in order to win, or a special server. Some server will have an easier time than others but if a server wants to kill it, eventually they do.

As for “free for all” content. What does this mean? We have a boat load of zerg, “press 1” content already. Do players really want more of this? Does “free for all” mean solo content?

I said it has no place in the spirit of the game because it requires circumvention of regular game play to access. With this I mean that there is almost no chance to beat Tequatl by reading the notice that “there is something stirring” and heading over there. Nope sorry, you had to be here about an hour ago, in the right overflow where a bunch of people have been waiting for him to pop up.

Sure you could be lucky and get thrown in the right overflow, but it is very, very unlikely.

So let’s say one does spend an hour standing about in a designated area for the kill. Even then there’s still a very real chance of failing the event, despite a whole lot of people showing much more coordination than should be expected by random strangers gathering.

I’m very happy for you that you seem to be of the sort that has no issues whatsoever with killing him, but after reading all the comments in this topic, as well as in a whole lot of other topics on Tequatl, is it really that hard to imagine that many people struggle to even beat him once?

Do you think this is alright? That a lot of people are shut out of a part of content by fault of the mechanics instead of their own skill? You admit it’s a problem, but you don’t seem to understand it’s THE problem.

I enjoy all aspects of the fight itself, but the rules of the game it’s part of immediately put a much too great handicap on the people trying it. The boss itself is accessible enough, all can run up to the fight after all. But in order to have a decent shot at killing him that simply is not enough here. Any person simply exploring the area, any idle or afk person is taking away a significant % of the success rate.

So, should it be hard? Definitely! Heck, I’d enjoy seeing large mobs of players wiped out and forced to wp and run back.
Should that be an issue towards beating the boss? Of course! It shouldn’t just be a zerg back and forth.

However! There should not be a penalty for being with too few, within a reasonable margin. Like people say, any world boss should be doable by 30-35 capable players. Also they should ease up the timer so the first 5 minutes of the fight during which many are still flooding in are not as critical to success.

…But I suppose I’m too zealous on the opposite side of the argument. I’ll just reserve my opinion for after the update.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

New World Bosses

Bubi.7942

@Evans:

Just to awnser the last few paragraphs of your post (as I have probably adressed all of before):

The problem with scaling it to 30-35 plyers would just result in making it supereasy for 80-90 players (Karka Queen is a good example). I personally cannot imagine the ‘right’ scaling for this (and it does scale a bit with player numbers actually). It is simply because humans are playing – the more people there are, the less effort they put into it (just watch how many go AFK on an Inquest Golem Mark II fight).

Also, and this might hurt a bit but: there actually ARE people who lack the skill to do this fight. Yep. Remember when people were complaining about Liadri, that it’s too hard etc.? That was clearly an L2P issue. It’s kind of the same with Teq – there are some people who refuse to do the tactics (eg.: I won’t waste my precious 1s on food/elemental powders/respawn – or go with the commander, heck no one is telling me what to do!).

New World Bosses

Blaeys.3102

I love the fact that people are hiding behind server population numbers just to cover up them being lazy to organize a fight properly.

For the 3rd or 4th time now: Whiteside Ridge is killing it on a regular basis (medium pop).

No one is hiding behind anything. I’ve killed Tequatl many times (have the title), have led aspects of the fight, and will continue to do so – just never on the one server I really want to kill him on.

On many servers, it is simply currently impossible to organize a force of sufficient size to attempt this fight – name call all you want, that doesn’t change. I’m happy that some servers can, but that doesn’t mean there is no issue here and that this is something that should be ignored. We either need a drastic fix for population issues or these fights need to be designed based around mechanics – not population (and I refuse to accept that the fights have to be designed with a base of 80+ instead of 30+ to offer a challenge for everyone).

New World Bosses

Posted by: Alugjen Darlas.5329

Alugjen Darlas.5329

No one is hiding behind anything. I’ve killed Tequatl many times (have the title), have led aspects of the fight, and will continue to do so – just never on the one server I really want to kill him on.

On many servers, it is simply currently impossible to organize a force of sufficient size to attempt this fight – name call all you want, that doesn’t change. I’m happy that some servers can, but that doesn’t mean there is no issue here and that this is something that should be ignored. We either need a drastic fix for population issues or these fights need to be designed based around mechanics – not population (and I refuse to accept that the fights have to be designed with a base of 80+ instead of 30+ to offer a challenge for everyone).

U don’t need 80+ ppl for a Teq run u can kill him easly with 45/50 ppl top , not counting pugs.Get on ts tell your guild to watch some teq videos , grab powders+flame throwers if u want or ogre pet’s .5 ele 10 mesm rest guardian’s. After 75% is a piece of cacke , since he melts under ice bows spam+ fiery gs (fiery rush)+ ember’s etc.Txs commander here and trust me , teq was fun the first month after that is just more of the same you just need to use 1+2 instead of 1111 like shatter QQ.

[SC]Nine Inch Nose -205 Precurssors .

New World Bosses

Astralporing.1957

The problem with scaling it to 30-35 plyers would just result in making it supereasy for 80-90 players

Why? Theoretically that’s exactly what the scaling mechanics is for. It is entirely possible to leave the general boss fight mechanic the same, scaling only (depending on current number of players):
- boss hp
- number and speed of mob spawning at turrets
- number and speed of mob spawning at battery defence events
- number and speed of finger spawning
- speed at which scales buff increases
- frequency of wave attacks

At worst, just scaling boss hp and mob spawns might do. Those are definitely doable using the mechanics that already exist within the game – and if those exist, why not use them?

Actions, not words.

New World Bosses

Bubi.7942

Theoretically is the key word. Just look at the Maw, Shadow Behe etc..

It is not as simple as 10 players = 100.000 HP, 20 players = 200.000. You gotta take into account (eg.):

- more players more boons
- more cleanses
- AoE cap
- more people, more AFK
- food buffs (some use it, some not)
- other consumables
- more randomness in overall
- lag causing low end (high graphics) comps to freeze – thus not comtributing
- more people not reviving
- more people less effectivness overall (it’ basic economics that if 1 guy is = 100% effectiveness, then 10 guys = less then 1000% – probably around 8500%)

Also, most of the things you listed do exist at this very moment. Like mob spawns, mob HPs, finger HPs, bone wall HP, and I think Teq is weaker overall with less people.

New World Bosses

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

@Evans:

Just to awnser the last few paragraphs of your post (as I have probably adressed all of before):

The problem with scaling it to 30-35 plyers would just result in making it supereasy for 80-90 players (Karka Queen is a good example). I personally cannot imagine the ‘right’ scaling for this (and it does scale a bit with player numbers actually). It is simply because humans are playing – the more people there are, the less effort they put into it (just watch how many go AFK on an Inquest Golem Mark II fight).

Also, and this might hurt a bit but: there actually ARE people who lack the skill to do this fight. Yep. Remember when people were complaining about Liadri, that it’s too hard etc.? That was clearly an L2P issue. It’s kind of the same with Teq – there are some people who refuse to do the tactics (eg.: I won’t waste my precious 1s on food/elemental powders/respawn – or go with the commander, heck no one is telling me what to do!).

Why would this hurt unless you imply I lack the skill? Truly, I don’t care either way.
If having to know the right people and wasting hours of your time doing nothing is considered skilful, then I suppose I’m lacking yes.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

New World Bosses

Posted by: Soren.9316

Soren.9316

Why should we put in effort to do something we don’t find rewarding or fun?

Then perhaps this content isn’t for you. I’m not trying to sound harsh but it’s no different than wvwers not wanting to do PvE because they don’t find it fun, same for PvPers or solo roamers. While you guys may not think it, there is a large chunk of the community that really enjoys the hard raid like content and wants more of it to foster a stronger community. And I’m not just talking your server community, I’m talking GW2 as a whole and multiple servers banding together to experiance the content.

GW is what you guys, the players, put into it. If you aren’t willing to get your community involved, well… there’s not really anything you can do. At least you have the option to guest.

Things like world bosses are world bosses for a reason. They should not be a cake walk and they should require 80+ people to beat.

Also the misconception that overflows full of pugs can’t beat things like Teq is just stupid. We are all pugs when you think about it. I run Teq 10pm every night and mostly in overflows. We’ve only lost once and we lost in the most epic defeat ever (the map chat was so halarious). Again it all comes down to you putting in the effort and keeping the fun there.

IGN: Soren the Always Lost
Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

(edited by Soren.9316)

New World Bosses

Fafnir.5124

If they scale the rewards with the boss scaling too then I wouldn’t care if they did that. It would help you get your achievements and we won’t complaints of high rewards for easy difficulty. But point is to be not to lower the bar so all can succeed. Not all world boss should have the same difficulty. They should range from the easy to the impossible for certain size groups. Considering we have 20+ easy bosses small groups can do and only have 1 hard boss a few of the newer bosses should also be hard to balance this out.

If you bring fire elemental powders to the fight you are helping significantly to the success of the boss if you don’t you are just a pug coming along for completion. Teq fight has nothing to do with individual skills. And for the last time you do a champ train while u are waiting for teq so no time wasted and extra rewards.

New World Bosses

Blaeys.3102

This isnt about anyone being lazy – and it definitely isnt about anyone wanting the fight be easier. Those are cop out arguments that distract from the actual point.

It is about wanting a fight/experience to be comparable across servers, with all of them gaining the same level of accessibility to the fight.

Currently, that isnt a possibility. As best I can tell, there are only three possible solutions – implement some kind of underflow server mechanic, break down and merge servers or design the fights in a way that they are possible given the current active population numbers on EVERY server. Again, we all want difficult fights, but difficult doesnt have to mean “requires more people.”

So, feel proud of yourself for having the people to do the fight if you have to, but it doesnt mean you are doing something more difficult that players on other servers cant accomplish- it just means you have enough bandwagoners and guesters to meet an arbitrary minimum required number.

That is the issue.

New World Bosses

Fafnir.5124

Please every server has enough people to do teq they just don’t have enough people that want to do him. There is a difference.

Overflow system allows everyone to have access to a full sever for a teq kill

To what people don’t know teq is not hard to kill his mechanisms are now well know and there is a proven strategy to kill him.

If you don’t have enough in your guild get 5 guilds together and get him done.

TTS is the culmination of over 1k guilds every member is probly from a different guild who all truely want to kill him so if you arn’t even going to try to gather a zerg or put effort to get him >.> well don’t expect the same level or % of success. TTS kills him 4+ times a day usually

Not to mention in game events section of forum servers list days they are going to try to kill teq. Blackgate probably hates me for saying this but it is a guaranteed full Overflow of people trying to do teq. Just cause you got a full map though doesn’t mean you can do him simply because randoms don’t listen to commander and go afk on turrets this will always be an issue without a completely controlled of. Teq is currently being killed only using 50% of the time given. He isn’t a boss you can just join to do there is a difference between being skilled as a player. being skilled as a squad. And being skilled as a Zerg.

And bosses should require diffident skill sets at these levels/currently they are all the same stack and kill. Teq is the first introduction to some variety.

Every server has the capability they just don’t have the motivation which is something you got to fix your self. Every server has a different distribution of players and you chose the server you play in so that needs to be taken into consideration too. If you want rakings of best pve servers they kinda fallow wvw rankings to an extent if you in top 50% you probly have no problems but if you are in botten 50% you might find content hard to complete.

But there is absolutely no reason you cant make and ingame event and complete it on your server. I’m sure alot of people would guest to your server to get it done.

New World Bosses

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

Please every server has enough people to do teq they just don’t have enough people that want to do him. There is a difference.

To what people don’t know teq is not hard to kill his mechanisms are now well know and there is a proven strategy to kill him.

TTS is the culmination of over 1k guilds every member is probly from a different guild who all truely want to kill him so if you arn’t even going to try to gather a zerg or put effort to get him >.> well don’t expect the same level or % of success. TTS kills him 4+ times a day usually

Not to mention in game events section of forum servers list days they are going to try to kill teq. Blackgate probably hates me for saying this but it is a guaranteed full Overflow of people trying to do teq. Just cause you got a full map though doesn’t mean you can do him simply because randoms don’t listen to commander and go afk on turrets this will always be an issue without a completely controlled of. Teq is currently being killed only using 50% of the time given. He isn’t a boss you can just join to do there is a difference between being skilled as a player. being skilled as a squad. And being skilled as a Zerg.

And bosses should require diffident skill sets at these levels/currently they are all the same stack and kill. Teq is the first introduction to some variety.

Every server has the capability they just don’t have the motivation which is something you got to fix your self. Every server has a different distribution of players and you chose the server you play in so that needs to be taken into consideration too. If you want rakings of best pve servers they kinda fallow wvw rankings to an extent if you in top 50% you probly have no problems but if you are in botten 50% you might find content hard to complete.

But there is absolutely no reason you cant make and ingame event and complete it on your server. I’m sure alot of people would guest to your server to get it done.

Well put right there. Every server has the man power to do it, it’s just the willingness of that manpower that counts.

When Teq first launched you had servers fighting to be #1. People were up in arms that there were Overflows and people guesting. Now that the strategy is out there though, the battle is only being fought by people who really want to fight it.

For example, I’m on Fort Aspenwood, a fairly high pop server. Are there people who do Teq daily though? Nope. I’ve shown up to many Teq battles where the area was dead and Teq just destroys the place. I joined TTS and it’s a whole new world. (don’t do it!) I completed Teq 4 times over the weekend with TTS and it was so fast and efficient it wasn’t even funny.

So.. long story short.. Get people to do these type of events and it’s not hard and can be fun. If people choose not to though, what is there to do?

I personally think it’s amazing that guilds devote themselves just to one boss encounter.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

New World Bosses

Fafnir.5124

Well put right there. Every server has the man power to do it, it’s just the willingness of that manpower that counts.

When Teq first launched you had servers fighting to be #1. People were up in arms that there were Overflows and people guesting. Now that the strategy is out there though, the battle is only being fought by people who really want to fight it.

For example, I’m on Fort Aspenwood, a fairly high pop server. Are there people who do Teq daily though? Nope. I’ve shown up to many Teq battles where the area was dead and Teq just destroys the place. I joined TTS and it’s a whole new world. (don’t do it!) I completed Teq 4 times over the weekend with TTS and it was so fast and efficient it wasn’t even funny.

So.. long story short.. Get people to do these type of events and it’s not hard and can be fun. If people choose not to though, what is there to do?

I personally think it’s amazing that guilds devote themselves just to one boss encounter.

I still think it is possible to gather multiple servers though and do it on a particular day and time though outside of TTS using the forums and announcing an event. Issue it think people are making that they shouldn’t spend the time gathering people inorder to do teq. That he should be doable with one squad of 5. Which i think for some bosses shouldn’t be the case. I also think that if you are going to scale all bosses then the rewards u get should scale with the bosses.

New World Bosses

Blaeys.3102

I think everyone is making pretty decent points.

The reality is this fight simply isn’t fun or challenging on many servers because the population of this game is weighted onto a very small number of servers – due to a lot of different factors. The smaller servers are struggling and, unfortunately, fights like this suffer for it.

There is no perfect solution – either populations are addressed, the fight is altered (and future fights take smaller numbers into account) or things are left the same and the people out of luck remain simply out of luck. Im not willing to accept the third alternative without saying something, thus the noise in this thread about it.

New World Bosses

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

personally don’t think teq is worth the time (waiting) to do, but i like that there is large-scale content (70+ players).
that said, i think they should also design content for 35-40 organized players (as Blaeys suggests) if only for the variety and ease of organization.
it would be nice to have content that sits somewhere between balth /grenth temple and tequatyl.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

New World Bosses

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

The rewards from Tequatl aren’t worth the trouble when I can nearly solo Shadow Behemoth for the same loot.

New World Bosses

Posted by: Amok Threeohthree.8501

Amok Threeohthree.8501

^This is simply not true^

New World Bosses

Bubi.7942

@Evans:

What I meant to say is “this might hurt some people a bit” – I wasn’t talking specifically about you.

@Elbegast:

Stop lying please. You already quit this game like 3-4 times now anyway.

New World Bosses

Fafnir.5124

The rewards from Tequatl aren’t worth the trouble when I can nearly solo Shadow Behemoth for the same loot.

Mark of someone who never killed him

New World Bosses

Fafnir.5124

I think everyone is making pretty decent points.

The reality is this fight simply isn’t fun or challenging on many servers because the population of this game is weighted onto a very small number of servers – due to a lot of different factors. The smaller servers are struggling and, unfortunately, fights like this suffer for it.

There is no perfect solution – either populations are addressed, the fight is altered (and future fights take smaller numbers into account) or things are left the same and the people out of luck remain simply out of luck. Im not willing to accept the third alternative without saying something, thus the noise in this thread about it.

I want to point out they said teq is “evolving” so i expect him to get harder in the future with more phases + more rewards. It also supposedly has its own living story arch to it. Mostly speculation from the teq update though.

New World Bosses

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

4. Wanting world bosses to scale to the number of people present is essentially asking them to be easier. If ten people are there, and ten people can take her down, there is almost no coordination necessary at all.

If you did Tequatl with 10 people, you’d still need to decide who’s gonna attack, who’s man the turrets, defend the turrets and go to what battery when they’re charging. Yes, that’s almost no coördination neccesary.

There is nothing wrong with content that requires a lot of people.

There is and it has been stated. You have to get lucky and be able to login when everyone else is, or you’ll never be able to do it. Ever.

And for the record, scaling the boss doesn’t change anything for the large fights. They’ll still be exactly the same as they are now. It’ll only change the low population fights.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

New World Bosses

Astralporing.1957

It is not as simple as 10 players = 100.000 HP, 20 players = 200.000.

…you do realize, that i am talking about it scaling down right? at 100+ players it would remain exactly the same it is now, so i don’t get where you get those “problems”.

Though i do think that it should be eased up a little even at those max zerg ranges.

And for the record, scaling the boss doesn’t change anything for the large fights. They’ll still be exactly the same as they are now. It’ll only change the low population fights.

Yeah, this.

Actions, not words.

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

New World Bosses

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

Mark of someone who never killed him

But I have killed him. He drops greens, blues and yellows. If you are lucky, you may get an exotic. If you are ridiculously lucky, you may get an ascended item. So, for the average player, his loot table is no different than any other world boss. No point in beating your head against the wall for a chance at mediocre loot when that same loot drops elsewhere.

New World Bosses

Bubi.7942

It is not as simple as 10 players = 100.000 HP, 20 players = 200.000.

…you do realize, that i am talking about it scaling down right? at 100+ players it would remain exactly the same it is now, so i don’t get where you get those “problems”.

Though i do think that it should be eased up a little even at those max zerg ranges.

Yeah, this.

I do realize. And I’m sorry to say, but Teq shouldn’t be solod, killed by a party of 5, nor a guild of 20 for that matter. There is a baseline for this and that’s around 70-80 people.

What most people doesn’t seem to realize, is that the diffuculty in the Tequatl fight doesn’t come from the mechanics, or damages, or whatnot – it comes from the following question:

Can you organize 80+ people?

New World Bosses

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Anet seems to believe every server is Blackgate, and the less populous servers suffer for it. I don’t know why they didn’t learn from Tequatl, or the Scarlet invasions before that.

Do you realize that at some point, all dragons will be like Tequatl?

Effectively abandoned on most largest servers? Other than the reset zerg, people barely fight the Claw and Shatterer on Maguuma as it is!

New World Bosses

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

Easy or Hard people just want the best loot handouts they can get!

Anet can we please have a chest that we don’t have to do anything for except click “F” to loot? Even if we had that people would complain that we even had to press “F” at all.

I hope it is a difficult fight. Most things in this game are simple.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

New World Bosses

Astralporing.1957

What most people doesn’t seem to realize, is that the diffuculty in the Tequatl fight doesn’t come from the mechanics, or damages, or whatnot – it comes from the following question:

What you don’t seem to get is that most of the problems with new Teq are in no way tied to the difficulty of the fight. The fight itself is mostly okay. The event is not.
Also, in most servers the answer to your question is “No, we cannot, because we don’t even have 80+ people we could attempt to organize”.
(also, as some servers already proved, the organization can be mostly skipped as well if you just have enough ember summons).

Actions, not words.

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

New World Bosses

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

I do realize. And I’m sorry to say, but Teq shouldn’t be solod, killed by a party of 5, nor a guild of 20 for that matter. There is a baseline for this and that’s around 70-80 people.

Yes, and I object to that. It means that if you have a large guild, you can get a lot of followers. The first 10 may have organisational skill, but the other 70 are just opertunistic followers. So I guess the skill lies in mindlessly following organized people?

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

New World Bosses

Blaeys.3102

Yes, and I object to that. It means that if you have a large guild, you can get a lot of followers. The first 10 may have organisational skill, but the other 70 are just opertunistic followers. So I guess the skill lies in mindlessly following organized people?

100% this.

Even with Tequatl as it is now, people arent organizing 80 people. They are organizing those needed on Turrets, the defenders and one commander to help the zerg know where to stand.

The turrets currently scale fine – or close to it. You can defend each turret with 2 defenders – meaning 18 people needed for turrets. Beyond that, they can just grab 60+ random people to hit the boss.

That means the only reason 80+ are currently required is THE BOSS’S HEALTH POOL. One number! What we are asking is that the fight remain exactly as it is for large numbers, but that health pools scale down so that dps from smaller groups have a chance of beating it.

THE FIGHT WOULD NOT CHANGE FOR LARGER GROUPS AT ALL. It would just now be accessible for groups of 30+ (I agree that 10 people shouldnt be able to down it), meaning that organized guilds and groups could accomplish this fight.

If anything, the organization requirement for putting those 30 player groups together would be more rigid, because you couldnt afford to have even one person out of place. Chances are most smaller groups couldnt do it. Were just asking that the only reason we cant even try not be an arbitrary number that ends up restricting the fight to only the large servers or specialty guilds that require we play with strangers rather than our own guildmates.

New World Bosses

Astralporing.1957

To mitigate performance issues, items that summon pets now have a 30-minute cooldown.

lol, they nerfed ember spawn. Wondered how long will it take them

Actions, not words.

New World Bosses

Posted by: Moshari.8570

Moshari.8570

To mitigate performance issues, items that summon pets now have a 30-minute cooldown.

lol, they nerfed ember spawn. Wondered how long will it take them

I was going to post the same thing! NOW I wonder how many servers will continue to kill Tequatl…lol…it was just made a TON harder.