TTS has killed the Wurm!!!

in The Origins of Madness

Posted by: KainRacure.1023

KainRacure.1023

EDIT: We just did it AGAIN! BACK TO BACK KILLS!

Video of kill 2 comming up from at least Amber and Crimson now!

We did it!
I want to thank the commanders who helped to down this thing directly:
Feodathir of the CrimReapers (Crimson), Zoria Z of the Ambros (Amber) and Lacey Nicole Sturm of the Coballers (Cobalt)

Also thanks go out to the people who have been beating on this thing left and right for literally hours on end and may not have been there at the time or were just there as members.

Deathrifyerr, Merforga, Calvinthesneak, Iron Freeblade, Diviner and so many others that have been doing this that I have lost count.

And most of all I want to thank both the TTS members and the randoms/pugs who helped us out and who have been kicking as much butt as the people who are commanding.

Some pictures:
http://i.imgur.com/jO9mnJB.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/GsECQrh.jpg

Video MAY be coming, its a little confusing ATM, I will edit to add it once we get it posted.

VIDEO has been found from Cobalt’s perspective!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k794EoKNTWY

(edited by KainRacure.1023)

Posted by: HellsPriest.6745

HellsPriest.6745

YAY TTS! Congratz to the best community in GW2!

Ahlou – 80 Sylvari Mesmer
Founder of TTS [TTS] gamers
“How do you feel about killing?” …I don’t.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I thought they’ve killed Wurm before already? O.o

Posted by: Kaellok.8143

Kaellok.8143

Congratulations guys! 2 weeks of hard raiding finally paid off! I want to thank all the commanders who were so dedicated, showing up everyday to lead. You guys were always positive, regardless if we were SOOO CLOSE or completely dropped the ball and messed up. Really glad I was there to see all the effort finally pay off.

Victory rave. :P

Attachments:

Posted by: Calvinthesneak.5839

Calvinthesneak.5839

I say thanks to all the players that stuck in there with us, and kept coming out even after other servers beat the wurm.

It was a lot of fun, and our letters at the end were epic.

Attachments:

Corin Fellswick [TEST] Guardian on IoJ

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

Yay! Was glad to be apart of it. At the beginning of the video they’re talking about my birthday :x

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

(edited by Warcry.1596)

HellsPriest.6745

WE JUST KILLED THE WURM TWICE BABY! BACK TO BACK! OH YEAH! WE MAKING THIS FIGHT FARMABLE!

HellsPriest.6745

http://www.twitch.tv/hellspriest/b/501386388 << watch my annoyingly chew on my lip and the 2nd kill at the same time, Amber point of view.

Zaxares.5419

Keep in mind that every single wurm kill by deso and blackgate have done the exact same thing. There is nothing inherently wrong with what we did, because it is almost literally the only way to win currently. The coordination needed is still immense.

Really? Hmmm… While Deso/BG/TTS still deserve mad props for killing the Wurm, I’m actually somewhat worried by that revelation. Exploiting the scaling mechanic by pushing the Wurm outside of the event area is the same sort of “out of the box” strategy like the Embers tactic for Tequatl (that got nerfed, as we all know). That tells me that ANet likely does not approve of this tactic and it will be fixed in the future.

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

I’m sure they will fix it, but it would be extremely poor judgement indeed if they did not at the same time significantly nerf the fully scaled version. I agree that the fact that we have to resort to this to win is pretty dumb and a sign of bad design.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

Video of Crimson for the second kill is uploading now.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Posted by: Pexx.6327

Pexx.6327

There is nothing inherently wrong with what we did, because it is almost literally the only way to win currently. The coordination needed is still immense.

Almost, but not quite. We’ve gotten really close legitimately several times now, we are just tweaking small things to clench it. The coordination is still immense, though.

I’ve stated before, but all current and future BG (now Attuned [Att] guild) and friends runs will not be using this bug for our attempts.

Red Rum Mai // Ozma Amzo

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

WE JUST KILLED THE WURM TWICE BABY! BACK TO BACK! OH YEAH! WE MAKING THIS FIGHT FARMABLE!

Apparently this was done only to report a bug.
Celeras.4980 wrote in this thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/madness/TTS-Kills-Wurm-for-Second-Time-Back-To-Back/first#post3606665

Not really sure what you’re trying to say. They both went outside the circle which caused the scaling bug (as with every single kill that has happened so far). The only difference is that TTS actually recognized what happened, repeated it, and reported it to the devs once it was confirmed. There will be a fix for this tomorrow, and they have since shut down all other Wurm runs.

We spent the better part of two weeks trying to get it down with nothing but individual head kills. It just took a bit longer to get the luck that Blackgate/Desolation received earlier. I look forward to it being fixed so we can get back to working on our progression.

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

Okay, I just have to say something about all this false, garbage information being thrown around. TTS didn’t know how to replicate any scaling bug and they still don’t now. One guy mentioned something along the lines of “kiting the wurms out of the fighting ‘area’ scales them down” in teamspeak which basically everyone shrugged off. People say things all the time and try to turn their theories into facts at will.

Here are both kills of the wurm by TTS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k794EoKNTWY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1YjER6OVhs

In both videos cobalt was not once outside of any boundaries and in both videos he was either the first to die or close to being the first to die. It is true that the first kill was obviously some crazy scaling issue but TTS did not know this would happen or try to make it happen. This exact thing is what has happened to everyone who’s killed the wurm. It scaled down randomly, it died, we got lucky.

In the second video, the kill seems much more legit. There were no radical HP drops and here the wurm was also not pulled to anywhere specific. He ran into a wall, we killed it. That’s basically it.

Now Anet comes into the OF where we were about to attempt a third kill and stops us and I can’t help but feel it’s because of the stuff being said in this thread that Anet thinks we were intentionally exploiting or abusing any bugs.

Stop talking when you don’t know what the hell is going on…

… I still want tengu.

Posted by: CorneliusCoffin.3169

CorneliusCoffin.3169

There is nothing inherently wrong with what we did, because it is almost literally the only way to win currently. The coordination needed is still immense.

Almost, but not quite. We’ve gotten really close legitimately several times now, we are just tweaking small things to clench it. The coordination is still immense, though.

I’ve stated before, but all current and future BG (now Attuned [Att] guild) and friends runs will not be using this bug for our attempts.

The real question here is, how are you going to avoid that from happening? The way the wurm is designed at the moment, it only takes one player outside of the box for the wurm to potentially move there. And what are you going to do then? Stop hitting it? I’ve done this for more than 2 weeks now and the way the wurm is designed at the moment, you just can’t be sure whether it was done legitimately.

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

I did the wurm event many, many times on BG. I have to say that they did rely on bug scaling at some point for few days. However, that was only for the first phase, not the second, and they didn’t know how it works, they just had a different tactic of doing it.
However, after that and also right now they are doing it the proper way (3 groups, one for each wurm, no funny scaling business on end phase), without any scaling bugs or anything, so once they do kill it, and they will, it will be the real, proper kill.

KainRacure.1023

Ok guys, Zarzag here. This is what I can tell you about what happened with TTS.

The first kill we did we were all REALLY excited. We had a theory on how it happened so we tested it out in the second fight. We figured this was the idea because we heard that it is how BG and Deso and TxS had gotten their kills.

Specifically what we thought was that we had to move the heads into certain positions and it stopped them from moving so much. We believed one of Amber’s positions was out by the camp or beyond. One of our commanders took that and flew with it. We took it much farther then we thought it could and honestly it excited us that it seemed to be working.

The comments about it being on farm were because we felt we had found the idea behind it and that we could put it in rotation much like we do with Teq. We kill Teq almost every run now and knowing it’s methods (such as with Teq we know exactly how may people we need to stop champ spawns on defense or how we know to use #1 on turrets during burn phases for roughly 10k dmg per hit) we felt that we could easily kill it the same each time.

At our 3rd attempt a couple of ANet Devs came in and explained that the Wurm was bugged and they were going to be shutting down the map and kicking everyone. They were polite and apologized about it.

They then came into our Teamspeak and talked with Merforga and I and explained what happened. They once again apologized to us for having to shut it down like that. We offered to them that we would not do Wurm until they hotfix the bug as we do not want to accidentally cause it again.

Also it was said above :

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/madness/TTS-Kills-Wurm-for-Second-Time-Back-To-Back/first#post3606665

Not really sure what you’re trying to say. They both went outside the circle which caused the scaling bug (as with every single kill that has happened so far). The only difference is that TTS actually recognized what happened, repeated it, and reported it to the devs once it was confirmed. There will be a fix for this tomorrow, and they have since shut down all other Wurm runs.

We spent the better part of two weeks trying to get it down with nothing but individual head kills. It just took a bit longer to get the luck that Blackgate/Desolation received earlier. I look forward to it being fixed so we can get back to working on our progression.

I want to point out that the only person who speaks officially for all of TTS is either me or Merforga.4731 Realize that we have 5500 members, soon to be 6000, plus we run with randoms and pugs a lot so literally anyone from the GW2 community could be considered a “TTS participant.” They do not however know what is going on behind the scenes and what the leadership is up to.

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

Since my comment it being posted all over and Zarzag felt the need to give an official statement, allow me to clarify:

I speak for no-one but myself, not for TTS. What I said was factual and done with the knowledge that I myself was in communication with the devs after the first kill, before the second run, and after the second kill.

Like myself, some/most other TTS members were immediately aware of what happened on the first kill, even though it happened completely by accident. After the P2 DPS struggles we’ve been going through it was painfully obvious. However there were also fair amount of people who haven’t even shown up to Wurm in weeks that strolled in for the second kill to get on the bandwagon. People who had zero contribution to our progression effort, and just wanted to reap the rewards.

That’s the cause of some of the conflicting perspectives coming out, and I apologize if I contributed to it. But this really isn’t as big a deal as some are making it.

KainRacure.1023

Celeras, for the record, I hold no ill will against you and realize that you were just speaking your mind based on what you knew. My comment that included your post was simply to clarify things and was more directed at Siobhan who on 2 different threads has implied that a TTS member’s views are officially from TTS itself.

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

No worries, I’m just sorry I contributed to any confusion on a non-official basis Cheers~

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Well done…

But, what are you, the 10th to kill it now?

Also, Anet recently made some changes to the Wurm, I think they fixed some bugs/made it a lot easier.

So all that takes away from your Wurm kills…just saying…

AcidicVision.5498

Also, Anet recently made some changes to the Wurm, I think they fixed some bugs/made it a lot easier.

lol! The change made to the wurm actually makes it more difficult. It adjusted the factor that was influential in every single wurm kill to date, whether that intentionally triggered or not.

The TTS kills were just as valid as any other wurm kill to date. But at the same time, all current wurm kills could be considered unofficial, since they happened under special circumstances.

This in no way diminishes the accomplishments of every one who beat it, IMO. The coordination, effort, and teamwork it required for all of the guilds and servers that cleared the event was enormous. More demanding and less margin for error than anything else in the game to date. Even if extenuating circumstances appeared in the last thirty seconds of an attempt. Getting to that last thirty seconds to begin with is a feat.

Now we all get to beat it again for the first time and everyone can remove that asterisk from their wins.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

CorneliusCoffin.3169

Well done…

But, what are you, the 10th to kill it now?

Seriously, there have been around 10 kills so far. Out of over 10.000 attempts (That is, by the way, not an estimation but the actual number of wurm events happening over the past 17 days on 52 servers.)
That means the wurm event was succesful in less than 0.1% of the attempts. We’re I’m coming from that qualifies as special. Every kill counts. Well done TTS.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

I didn’t follow each post about a kill, but from what i know. Desolation killed it 3 time (the third time was like a couple hours before our TTS kill). I know BG killed it too, but i don’t know how many times (more than once i think). I may be wrong but i think we did the 5-7th kills of the wurm and we are the 3rd group to kill it.

Anyway i don’t really care at this point. Yesterday it was super fun. Several of our leader (I’m looking especially at you Feo) were about to fall asleep on their keyboard, but kept going until we killed it. We stayed during 30-45min in the OF to celebrate and create a nice TT5 sign (those who were there will understand). I have only good memories from the last 3 weeks with you guys.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Pexx.6327

Pexx.6327

BG and friends have only killed it once. We instead worked on refining our strategy and testing things for the better part of a week now. We’ve gotten close many times now and know that we can do it.

I know that, personally, I am ready to discredit our kill. We want to do this legitimately, and have been working to that effect.

That said, however, it is still great that other teams are organizing and making successful attempts, even with the bug. Each group going for the event completion has put in a lot of time and effort. It would be silly to discredit everyone’s (all groups involved) efforts and time just because of the revelation of what is really happening.

Red Rum Mai // Ozma Amzo

Siobhan.5273

Ok guys, Zarzag here. This is what I can tell you about what happened with TTS.

The first kill we did we were all REALLY excited. We had a theory on how it happened so we tested it out in the second fight. We figured this was the idea because we heard that it is how BG and Deso and TxS had gotten their kills.

Specifically what we thought was that we had to move the heads into certain positions and it stopped them from moving so much. We believed one of Amber’s positions was out by the camp or beyond. One of our commanders took that and flew with it. We took it much farther then we thought it could and honestly it excited us that it seemed to be working.

The comments about it being on farm were because we felt we had found the idea behind it and that we could put it in rotation much like we do with Teq. We kill Teq almost every run now and knowing it’s methods (such as with Teq we know exactly how may people we need to stop champ spawns on defense or how we know to use #1 on turrets during burn phases for roughly 10k dmg per hit) we felt that we could easily kill it the same each time.

At our 3rd attempt a couple of ANet Devs came in and explained that the Wurm was bugged and they were going to be shutting down the map and kicking everyone. They were polite and apologized about it.

They then came into our Teamspeak and talked with Merforga and I and explained what happened. They once again apologized to us for having to shut it down like that. We offered to them that we would not do Wurm until they hotfix the bug as we do not want to accidentally cause it again.

Also it was said above :

I want to point out that the only person who speaks officially for all of TTS is either me or Merforga.4731 Realize that we have 5500 members, soon to be 6000, plus we run with randoms and pugs a lot so literally anyone from the GW2 community could be considered a “TTS participant.” They do not however know what is going on behind the scenes and what the leadership is up to.

Then perhaps they should not “invoke” TTS and we when conversing about an issue such as the one we’re speaking of? If someone is going to speak as if they come from a position to do so, I’m not going to go out of my way to verify their authority to do so. This is something guild leadership should take care of.

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

(edited by Siobhan.5273)

Posted by: Rizalee.4593

Rizalee.4593

Then perhaps they should not “invoke” TTS and we when conversing about an issue such as the one we’re speaking of? If someone is going to speak as if they come from a position to do so, I’m not going to go out of my way to verify their authority to do so. This is something guild leadership should take care of.

TTS leadership can not be expected to monitor the posts and comments of all their members. It is up to the reader to always take what is said with a grain of salt and realize that anyone can say they are a member of TTS, or that they represent TTS, and this may or may not be true.

~ Rizalee – Human Mesmer ~
~ Rizzae – Asura Guardian ~
Tarnished Coast Server

Siobhan.5273

TTS leadership can not be expected to monitor the posts and comments of all their members. It is up to the reader to always take what is said with a grain of salt and realize that anyone can say they are a member of TTS, or that they represent TTS, and this may or may not be true.

I’d be apt to use that logic applied to posts like “hey guyz, we just did [insert silly thing here, rep for awesomeness] etc etc” vs. what was posted in response to me by someone who appeared to be knowledgeable of the situation, and has stated they were involved in the situation:

Then after the GL came and spoke up:

Since my comment it being posted all over and Zarzag felt the need to give an official statement, allow me to clarify:

I speak for no-one but myself, not for TTS. What I said was factual and done with the knowledge that I myself was in communication with the devs after the first kill, before the second run, and after the second kill.

Like myself, some/most other TTS members were immediately aware of what happened on the first kill, even though it happened completely by accident. After the P2 DPS struggles we’ve been going through it was painfully obvious. However there were also fair amount of people who haven’t even shown up to Wurm in weeks that strolled in for the second kill to get on the bandwagon. People who had zero contribution to our progression effort, and just wanted to reap the rewards.

That’s the cause of some of the conflicting perspectives coming out, and I apologize if I contributed to it. But this really isn’t as big a deal as some are making it.

Why would I have reason to negate this person’s first response to me? Again, The guild might be large, but the GW2 population is larger. Perhaps, as I suggested, it’d be better if members of TTS were asked not to speak on behalf of TTS instead of expecting the community as a whole to figure out who is allowed to post what?

*edit- I think I’d read that you have to put in an application to TTS, well, perhaps this can be added to their rules, if such are posted… that people do not speak on behalf of TTS. Food for thought, and just a suggestion.

(edited by Siobhan.5273)

KainRacure.1023

Once again, TTS has currently 5500 people and we also run with pugs or randoms a lot. Thus we CAN NOT control everyone. Even if we went hardcore and kicked anyone who commented using the TTS name it still wouldn’t help because as was pointed out ANYONE can say “hey guys I’m from TTS this is our opinion”

Let me try it. “hey guys I’m from blackgate, we think blackgate is awesome” “hey guys I’m from Devonas Rest and our queensdale train is better then anyone’s” “hey guys I’m from [XYZ] and our guild has beat Teq”
You have no idea if any of them are true or if I represent any form of leadership in any of those groups. But I just acted like I represented between 500 and several thousand people.

The moral of the story is that anyone can say anything and taking it as fact is foolish.

Siobhan.5273

The whole act of wanting to distance oneself is understandable when someone says something undesirable/unintended unintentionally/intentionally implicating a whole group of people.

However, my point still stands, and I feel, is quite valid. You saw what was written and more importantly how it was written. You don’t deny this was a member that wrote it even:

Celeras, for the record, I hold no ill will against you and realize that you were just speaking your mind based on what you knew. My comment that included your post was simply to clarify things and was more directed at Siobhan who on 2 different threads has implied that a TTS member’s views are officially from TTS itself.

Then again, perhaps they should not “invoke” TTS and we when conversing about an issue, and like was done in their 2nd post, use I.

AcidicVision.5498

I think you might be expecting a bit much from all of nearly 6000 individual users that participate with TTS and comment about it on forums, twitter, reddit, youtube and where-ever else.

Would a separation help alleviate confusion? Yes. Is it realistic to expect or enforce on this scale? No.

Especially because of the casual medium we are communicating with. It is more common for a person to use “we” when they have participated in something with a group of people than “they and I”. But just because “we” was used, doesn’t mean that the person saying it represents the views or opinions of everyone else. In fact, when you are looking at a group in the thousands and one person uses “we” in a way that is representative of that group, that should automatically raise a red flag because of the very broad generalization.

At some point you, as a reader, need to be responsibly critical of the content. We are pretty conditioned to ask for verification or sources when we have a question about something. So when one person appears to be speaking for thousands, of different ages, spread out across different servers, in different countries, the responsible question to ask them is if they can verify they have the authority to speak for that body. They will say yes and provide some verification, if they cant, then assume its a grain of salt until clarified.

If you read a controversial opinion on the WvW forums and a person talking about their server says “we”, with regard to all of their WvW players, do you just assume that person has authority to represent every single person on that server? Do you judge that server now, in it’s entirety, based on that insinuated relationship? Or do you chalk it up to lazy grammar?

The onus is as much on the reader as it is on the writer for conclusions drawn from something read on the internet.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

(edited by AcidicVision.5498)

Siobhan.5273

I agree, to a point, Acidic. Separation would also help alleviate responsibility. Yet, again, and I have looked, out of curiosity, not only do folks have to apply to the guild, there is an etiquette/rules page. Guild leadership also comes with responsibility, and in a situation like this, it was probably best to not be confrontational about such a hotly debated topic without speaking to guild leadership. Especially when others had already stoked the fires, know what I mean?

I know what was being said to me, it’s still there. Do I want to hash out the politics of the guild, not really. I stated my take on it, enough times to make my fingers numb. I’ve read the GL’s take on it.. and we’re not going to agree.

A guild “we” is quite different than a server “we”. Representation means something. At least, I think it does, which is why I don’t just join random guilds for downing a boss or group events, etc.

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

I find the whole thing hilarious. The fact of the matter is phase 2 is total luck in the first place. I’m not convinced that it’s even mathematically possible to consistently kill the wurm without somehow exploiting him outside the event area or onto a wall. Phase 2 is a really stupid ending to an otherwise amazing event.

It’s 100 percent deserved, then, that the only way people actually beat the event is by accidentally “cheating.” I hope the developers take this as a lesson in designing stupidly random DPS checks.

KainRacure.1023

Siobhan. I dont even know if that is a member of TTS. As i said before we also run with randoms and pugs and thus LITERALLY anyone could be saying they were part of this kill or part of the TTS kill or whatever.

If you have a way to stop EVERYONE in GW2 from mentioning the words us or we and TTS in a sentence together anywhere on the internet without it passing by me I would love to hear about it.

Siobhan.5273

Siobhan. I dont even know if that is a member of TTS. As i said before we also run with randoms and pugs and thus LITERALLY anyone could be saying they were part of this kill or part of the TTS kill or whatever.

Oh wow. That’s a whole new spin. The guy that posted the video, nah, he’s in your guild, he is a founder, right? The guy posting the other stuff? Jabberwock? Okay, maybe, but this guy, some random or pug now, huh?

Like myself, some/most other TTS members …

Your guild is your guild. Whether you admit the ability to know who is in it or not, is up to you. But if you can’t, don’t expect me to be able to tell a member, from a leader, from council, to boss fight commander, to whomever. You have a nice evening, KainRacure (Zarzag)

*edit- In your screenshots at the top of this page:

the 2nd “T”. Last person on the very bottom. Even has the guild tag up.

Attachments:

(edited by Siobhan.5273)

Posted by: keltiklaw.5864

keltiklaw.5864

What I am going to say is not news to anyone who has been following the threads involving the TTS back to back triple wurm kills. others have pointed out some of the inconsistencies in the statements of leadership and the statements of members or pugs who happened to run with TTS for these kills. However, there seems to be some confusion as to where the bug or exploit may have originated. After watching the videos it appears that the Amber wurm is the one at issue (the Amber wurm is the one on the twitchtv video), not Cobalt or Crimson. The “official statement” provides “We offered to them that we would not do Wurm until they hotfix the bug as we do not want to ‘ACCIDENTALLY’ cause it again” (emphasis added). Perhaps an explanation as to how it was accidental, can be provided, because after watching the video that was posted on twitchTV, I am pretty sure it was intentional. In that video, you can hear in the last few minutes of the 2nd kill with respect to Amber, TTS members of the Amber group were being directed exactly how to perform the exploit, which they did en masse. and just before the actual kill, you will hear an unknown member of TTS say “the wurms are bugging out again, we did it again”, and shortly thereafter another unknown member of TTS says “It is on farm now, officially…” and the adjective “farmable” was used repeatedly, including by TTS leadership, and then they all decide to do a third run because its farmable, and because they want to be the first to have a back to back to back Triple Wurm win for bragging rights – Seems less likely that it was an accident, more like intentional exploitation, which is actually supported by the fact that if they had not been interrupted by the devs, they would have done it again on a 3rd run…Whether or not they intended to eventually report the bug, which potential to report was not discussed at anytime during the video, they were certainly not intending to report the bug prior to that 3d run. Based on the youtube videos of Crimson, I would venture a guess to say that the other groups and leaders from TTS were not entirely aware of what was going on in the Amber group, but the Amber leader certainly did, as it appeared to be directed by either the Amber leader or another TTS leader in the Amber group. But no one should take my word for it, just watch the video, you can skip the beginning of the video right to the second phase and the ending conversations. They are enlightening. I am not saying that all of TTS is to blame here, but there are definitely some issues that should be addressed with respect to the leaders who encouraged and guided the exploiting of that bug, and not just take some “official TTS statement” as truth, particularly when it is a leader of TTS who led the exploit. Review the videos and determine for yourselves. The devs apparently did interrupt them as they began organizing for the 3rd run; however, it seems to me that there are plenty of half truths and fallacies to go around. But I get that damage control is an instinctual reaction to an accusation of exploitation, and the avoidance of appearing to exploit a bug is necessary to prevent the person or persons who so exploited from suffering the consequences. It’s a shame really. TTS is usually a really good community. That the TTS leadership involved in the running of the Amber group cannot just own up to what actually occurred, even to their fellow TTS leaders, particularly those in the Cobalt and Crimson groups who could have suffered the consequences of an exploit by the Amber group, speaks volumes about the integrity of those particular leaders. I understand that there are certain TTS leaders and many TTS members who are upset that this occurred in the manner that it did. I also understand that there is a large population of GW2 players who actually looked up to TTS and their ability to figure it all out, who are greatly disappointed in this debacle. I for one was hoping that TTS would figure it out, without resorting to, what is in my opinion, an exploitation. A lot of TTS leaders and members have worked hard and long hours to try to figure it out, and they have gotten so close. Then a known bug is used, just because another server or guild used them, and we are all supposed to cheer? No. The only thing figured out was how to get the bug exploit to work, in order to beat it. Thank goodness ANet pays attention, and stopped the bug from further exploitation before the 3rd run, and the use of the most recent patch.

CorneliusCoffin.3169

You can say what you want but the hard facts are:
a) Noone in TTS or on Deso has access to the game source code or the developers ideas on how the wurm has to be killed.
b) All we could whitness we’re a cause, namely the wurm being lured outside a certain area and an effect that the wurm gets more vulnerable outside of said area.
c) Whether that effect was caused by a bug or by an intended game mechanic wasn’t obvious to anyone because of a) until an ArenaNet developer stepped in and said “This is not how the wurm is meant to be played.” There’s quite a number of encounters where almost the exact same strategy is a neccesity in order to defeat a mob.

And just to avoid confusion, I’m not a member of TTS and I don’t speak for them, neither am I a commander on Desolation. I just happened to be around for the last head-kill to whitness what happened.

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Well, Anet supposedly fixed the bug. So does this mean Wurm is back on our menu?

KainRacure.1023

Well, Anet supposedly fixed the bug. So does this mean Wurm is back on our menu?

Yes, we did 2 runs already, one of which got Cobalt down and i think it was crimson to 5% and amber to 20%

We will beat it again, that is for sure. Feel free to join us!

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Yes, we did 2 runs already, one of which got Cobalt down and i think it was crimson to 5% and amber to 20%

We will beat it again, that is for sure. Feel free to join us!

Looking forward to it. Guess I’ll stick with my usual Amber team. AMBER!

Zaxares.5419

While I’m a bit sad that this bug pretty much invalidates all the previous Wurm kills, it’s good to see that people are stepping up their game and tackling the new challenge.

So does anyone know what the “balance tweak” was that ANet mentioned?

Posted by: Knaifhogg.5964

Knaifhogg.5964

While I’m a bit sad that this bug pretty much invalidates all the previous Wurm kills

Seeing as TxS has now killed it 7 times and not even the early ones (where it could have mattered) had the bug, it’s safe to say that’s a false statement.