We did it!!!

We did it!!!

in The Origins of Madness

Posted by: I Am Dansker.7105

I Am Dansker.7105

http://i.imgur.com/Ijdn9dA.jpg Now some server beat it, they made it a bit harder on FSP.

Too many husks You definitely need condition necro group(4-5 ppl) ^^

I think we need a lot more than that XD

Far Shiverpeaks

We did it!!!

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Well done Desolation!

Excellent work!

So glad it was Europe that beat the wurm 1st.

Honestly, everyone involved should get some kind of bonus loot for being 1st.

We did it!!!

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

I have to respectfully disagree with the idea that “World Firsts” breed an overall toxic environment for the community and the game. I like that it breeds competition and focus, as well as coming together for strategy and tactics.

As one of the commanders for the Blackgate effort on the wurms, it was exciting to rush against TTS, Desolation and Far Shiverpeaks in attempting this kill. I won’t deny that when I (we) saw that Deso had gotten the kill that it saddened us, but at the same time I was happy and grateful that they did because they showed that, 1) It can be done, and 2) It can be done different ways.

Desolation did a great job. End of story. They deserve the praise and the accolades for defeating an extremely tough encounter.

I can tell you that Blackgate still hasn’t given up, though.

With all due respect, you proved the guy’s point.

This thread is suppose to be congratulating Deso for a successful wurm kill. Yet a quarter of the posts are Blackgate players talking about Blackgate. You don’t get much more elitest than that.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

We did it!!!

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Blackgate perma overflow isn’t elitest.
GZ guys well done

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

We did it!!!

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

Congratulations on the kill Desolation.
You won the race to the world 1st and that’s some feat to be acknowledge for with such hard boss as the worm

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

We did it!!!

Posted by: Silicato.4603

Silicato.4603

Congratulations from Baruch Bay to Desolation!

Well done guys!

We did it!!!

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

This thread is suppose to be congratulating Deso for a successful wurm kill. Yet a quarter of the posts are Blackgate players talking about Blackgate. You don’t get much more elitest than that.

I came to this thread, a BG player, to congratulate Deso for a job well done. I watched their video to learn something and saw some BG hatin’ in map chat after that wurm kill in their video. Elitism or competition? I think more the latter, personally. Guess what, ain’t nothing wrong with that! My skin is plenty thick after raising 2 teens

Anyway, grats Deso!! It is not an easy fight, and good lord, people mining and picking herbs/carrots/noses/butts, drives me batty as well! We’re there to fight, together! A little coordination goes a long way!

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

We did it!!!

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

LOL. People really arguing saying this is elitism and ladadada. This is amazing imo. I have never really seen mmo’s come together like this and I think its awesome. The only people being toxic are the ones coming into this thread with nothing good to say. People guesting to other servers is not a bad thing. It only strengthens the guild wars community by bringing even more people together. I’m sure if it were possible to make one server with everyone in it then Anet and every other MMO would. But its not. So stop complaining and transfer/guest to another server and join the fun. I myself am a member of Anvil Rock which I joined for the PvP crowd but love guesting to other servers for PvE content to enjoy the large driven community and participate in these awesome events. Congratz Deso! Job well done!

We did it!!!

Posted by: TeddyHugs.5162

TeddyHugs.5162

Congratz Deso! Really awesome Job Well done!

Hai. Call meh Teddy or Zoey.

We did it!!!

Posted by: Kenmei.7138

Kenmei.7138

Guys, just let it go.

We did it!!!

Posted by: Dawntree.7246

Dawntree.7246

Hat’s off to Desolation, gg

Emanuel Dawntree – Nord Guardian of [TasH] – 9×80
Whiteside Ridge

We did it!!!

Posted by: Kaveiras.9821

Kaveiras.9821

ye we got it but the wating time its just two mutch just stayed the for more than 20 hours and gues whot the rewards are just bad as the time wating…

We did it!!!

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Proud to be Deso.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

We did it!!!

Posted by: Neoheart.2750

Neoheart.2750

All the guester’s now flooding the server and then raging at deso players who aren’t supplying them with instant success makes me laugh.

We did it!!!

Posted by: demetrodon.1457

demetrodon.1457

Congratulations from Far Shiverpeaks ! You deserve it Deso, the best community in EU. Although I’m not interested in wurm, at least now because the map is full 24/7..good thing for me is the queues are gone from WvW for the time being.. xD you can tell by our ppt atm. Btw people raging at Blackgate people for being elitist and stuff, that’s wrong. That server is the best at everything so they deserve to carry their pride.

Ex [FURY] [PunK] [SOUL]
Far Shiverpeaks

(edited by demetrodon.1457)

We did it!!!

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

let’s all guest on Desolation from now on /jk

Everyone already does. :P

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

We did it!!!

Posted by: Anen.1742

Anen.1742

Logged at 5am to get a spot on main map. Got dc’ed 30 minutes before first organized try.. Thanks Anet !

We did it!!!

Posted by: oliverstoned.2695

oliverstoned.2695

World first kill (Amber POV):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ_1F2hLDVo

That’s high level PvE, serious business. Don’t expect to guest on Deso and beat the wurm on first try. Everyone will need some runs to be as coordinated as these guys. Hats off.

We did it!!!

Posted by: Snowball.3497

Snowball.3497

Well done lads!
I am so proud of us all

Particlar – Desolation – [Hs]
World First Wurm KillRaid Sells on Twitch
Origin of Diboof

We did it!!!

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Stating which server you are from isn’t elitest. SoR, BG, JQ, FSP, all these servers often say where they are from. Their congrats don’t mean anything more or less. They are simply representing where they are from. Which for many Is rather important, and server pride should be.

When Teq was killed the congrats thread was no different. Players from Deso identified themselves as such and no one thought they were being elitest. I don’t see the difference here.

We did it!!!

Posted by: Marco.8209

Marco.8209

Grats,
I think Far Shiverpeaks or Blackgate will be the next server!

GL & HF!

Irelia The Frozen || Warrior
Far Shiverpeaks [AOD] ~ [DKB]
http://www.twitch.tv/marcovd226

We did it!!!

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Sheesh, can’t you just congratulate them without the faint praise part? “Noob” is a mean word (sometimes) for people that are too new to be good at something. I can’t see calling the team that beat the Wurm first in the world noob — did you take it down in five tries?

We did it!!!

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

The loot is still abysmal. Green items for such a big fight? Really? Anet need to implement a token system for their world boss fights and let people chose their own loot instead of giving us the weak loot tables we have now.

We did it!!!

Posted by: aelfwe.4239

aelfwe.4239

Ignore him, dont’ feed the trolls.

That’s from your mate:

“Strategy is one thing, but the most important thing was our experience. We was doing this for about 3 days in a same 150”

I’m not trolling, i’m just saying what you’re mate write here.

Aelfwe Dark Asura Mesmer\Thief,
FREE PYRO

We did it!!!

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

This is actually what i think to be very stupid, you have to do this crap perfectly with 150 people who have the best stuff in the game, who know what to do, who knows what combo fields and finishers are, who listen, who don’t spam 1 etc… Pretty much impossible with PUG’s, i’m sorry but this is just insulting and selfish for new players, because most of the players from high populated servers will camp forever on the map.

We did it!!!

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

This is actually what i think to be very stupid, you have to do this crap perfectly with 150 people who have the best stuff in the game, who know what to do, who knows what combo fields and finishers are, who listen, who don’t spam 1 etc… Pretty much impossible with PUG’s, i’m sorry but this is just insulting and selfish for new players, because most of the players from high populated servers will camp forever on the map.

Aren’t there many many other world bosses that anyone can do? This is made for organised teams.

We did it!!!

Posted by: Kajin.5301

Kajin.5301

let’s all guest on Desolation from now on /jk

Isn’t it already the case? Only time I could get to my own server map was on Saturday 8am…

-forced apatride overflow

ps: good job guys

Skysap & Qaju & Juqa -VILE- Desolation

We did it!!!

Posted by: Calvinthesneak.5839

Calvinthesneak.5839

Perfect no. You do have to be willing to teach people. Also when you fail, look at what made you fail.

TTS has been running overflows, and taking whoever gets there. Majority is TTS, but some are not. We took to running practice with combo fields and blast finishers. WE summon Trading posts and crafting stations so people can get gear together.

We seem to be getting pretty close to consistently burning the wurms down and getting to the heads phase. People are watching, learning, and providing feedback and suggestions, and we’re getting better everytime.

Is this difficult content? Very much so. Is it a challenge to strive towards, yes! Are a great number of servers going to beat it as the fight currently is? Not too likely. Has Arenanet said they will look at it? Yes, just not right away. Is the wurm going away? No.

There is a lot of content for smaller groups, or individuals already. I appreciate they put something in to challenge a full map, and made it difficult enough that people are in fact losing sleep over it trying to beat it.

This thread however was to congratulate Desolation for being the first to actually best it.

Corin Fellswick [TEST] Guardian on IoJ

We did it!!!

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

Congrats Deso! Glad an EU server did it first.

People are complaining about the loot – what exactly was the loot? Same as Teq or?

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

We did it!!!

Posted by: Lolindir.3518

Lolindir.3518

Still, I think it’s crazy that it’s necessary a whole overflow with 150 people on TS to beat this kind of bosses. Make them an instance is you want strategy, because now it’s just a big mess.

We did it!!!

Posted by: gaborkaldy.3210

gaborkaldy.3210

Yep, these big bosses should be instanced. One person, the commander creates the group and he enters the instanced map first, and when this happens everyone in the group will have a pop up window, if he wish to enter or not.

The group join option should be Password protected IF the commander decide to put PW on it. This way everyone: organised groups, big guild groups, pug groups could organize their own wurm kill.

This way guesting would be irrevelant, friends, guildmates could fight among each other and would not have to stuck in overflows while keep clicking “Join In Bloodtide Coast” button.

It’s always Beer Time!
Desolation – [TEU]

We did it!!!

Posted by: JCROY.5730

JCROY.5730

Lotsa credits to BL and DESO for pulling this out. Respect guys and girls !

“see cow, grab bundle, feed cow?”

We did it!!!

Amineo.8951

You can’t force people to play how you want them to play, it’s psychology and not difficulty, you don’t have the precious kick button like when you’re running dungeons, in the open world you can’t do that, that’s why this kind of content should be instanced, because the guys in my server won’t listen to me since it’s full of farmers that spam 1, i don’t even lie, Jade Sea isn’t as good as it was before (they still fail Tequatl most of the time), yet even if i go to another server i will have the same problem, that’s why we need this to be instanced with the option to start the event when we want so we can play with the people who listen to us, and eventually train the newbies who want to learn without any problem.

We did it!!!

Rezz.8019

You can’t force people to play how you want them to play, it’s psychology and not difficulty, you don’t have the precious kick button like when you’re running dungeons, in the open world you can’t do that, that’s why this kind of content should be instanced, because the guys in my server won’t listen to me since it’s full of farmers that spam 1, i don’t even lie, Jade Sea isn’t as good as it was before (they still fail Tequatl most of the time), yet even if i go to another server i will have the same problem, that’s why we need this to be instanced with the option to start the event when we want so we can play with the people who listen to us, and eventually train the newbies who want to learn without any problem.

That is how it’s meant to be. You are not supposed to kick people. You are supposed to unite the community and get everyone to work together. Everyone is equal, all have access to the same area. That is part of the challenge. Well, except if you are an elitist guild and you create an overflow instance just for yourself.
Desolation people who finished it showed true dedication and a lot of effort and they earned that kill.

We did it!!!

Posted by: Lolindir.3518

Lolindir.3518

That is how it’s meant to be. You are not supposed to kick people. You are supposed to unite the community and get everyone to work together. Everyone is equal, all have access to the same area. That is part of the challenge. Well, except if you are an elitist guild and you create an overflow instance just for yourself.
Desolation people who finished it showed true dedication and a lot of effort and they earned that kill.

If someone needs to look for a random overflow to fill with guild members before random players get in, it means that something is wrong. Arenanet has to decide if they want this content to be available for anyone and with a medium difficulty, like the marionette, or if this has to be a hard boss to kill with a lot of organization. In this case we need some sort of instance or they should give us an option to create our own overflow.

The true devoted players are those who are not in big servers with big pve guilds and are considered less compared to big guilds, and yet they still play.

We did it!!!

Posted by: Wesley.4590

Wesley.4590

Congratulations Deso from FSP I watched the videos of all three locations, but either the recorders had terrible luck or the loot tables are awful (which seems the most likely)

We did it!!!

Posted by: Nodo.6907

Nodo.6907

The true devoted players are those who are not in big servers with big pve guilds and are considered less compared to big guilds, and yet they still play.

Can you elaborate on what you mean? I don’t quite understand. It sounds like you are saying that the bigger servers do not have devoted players.

Still, I think it’s crazy that it’s necessary a whole overflow with 150 people on TS to beat this kind of bosses. Make them an instance is you want strategy, because now it’s just a big mess.

I can agree to this. It is VERY crazy but also the most fun I’ve had in this game. However, I do hope they work on better implementation of these things in the future. You are right, it’s a pretty big mess!

Name- Nodo
Server – Yak’s Bend

(edited by Nodo.6907)

We did it!!!

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

So has Deso killed it again yet? Or are people flocking to guest over there and ruin the whole fight?

We did it!!!

Posted by: Aidan.4602

Aidan.4602

I kept faith till the last moment, Desolation! I just knew you could to it, my fellow comrades! Congratulations to all of you: commanders, guilds and players, be you from Deso or from any other world!
Too bad can’t play now, but in heart, I’m always with you guys!

~Anryck Edgesight, [Victory Is Life Eternal]

Aidan Vilesight, a Charr engineer – Desolation

We did it!!!

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

So has Deso killed it again yet? Or are people flocking to guest over there and ruin the whole fight?

The second part.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

We did it!!!

Posted by: Taisia.2813

Taisia.2813

The second part.

While it is understandable, only 30%-40% of the original people can get into main now and commanders do their best to explain the strategies over and over again to the new people. The even more tragic problem is that those players that come usually go away after one fight, disappointed that they couldn’t get a kill, only to be replaced by people with similar aspirations.

Basically Desolation became a tourist attraction atm

We did it!!!

Amineo.8951

Wurms head in phase 2 needs 3min instead of 2 at the very least, Anet have to understand that Desolation victory is based on luck too, that’s why they have trouble killing the wurms again, we don’t want to kill it only once, but everyday like Tequatl, we definitely need more time for the heads.

We did it!!!

Posted by: Taisia.2813

Taisia.2813

Wurms head in phase 2 needs 3min instead of 2 at the very least, Anet have to understand that Desolation victory is based on luck too, that’s why they have trouble killing the wurms again, we don’t want to kill it only once, but everyday like Tequatl, we definitely need more time for the heads.

Being from Deso, while I wouldn’t say it was Luck, I can’t help but agree with this suggestion.. Also if you have noticed we get 1:50 seconds to begin with 10 seconds are lost with the HP bars aligning and an invulnerable period. While the 1st phase of the fight is brilliant, the 2nd is nothing but a frantic “gear check” and hoping the head stands still in the right location.

We did it!!!

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

Anet just has to fix boss scaling and it will be easy as pie. Just the wait of 2 weeks is unexpectantly long.

We did it!!!

Posted by: Pexx.6327

Pexx.6327

Yes and no. I think the 2 minute counter is fine, but the problem is that it is not a full 2 min counter to kill the heads. The counter is actually 1 minute and 53 seconds because the counter starts at the time the heads pop up for phase 2, but are invulnerable for 7 seconds after.

Red Rum Mai // Ozma Amzo

We did it!!!

Posted by: Ionut.2307

Ionut.2307

Congrats to those who killed the worm.
I do have a few questions tho. You guys have been struggling for days trying to organize an overflow with 150 people and so on. Now that you beat it and seen the rewards, would you go back and do it again? Does it worth it? Is the fight a reward in itself having so many people trying to work together?

We did it!!!

Rezz.8019

Yes and no. I think the 2 minute counter is fine, but the problem is that it is not a full 2 min counter to kill the heads. The counter is actually 1 minute and 53 seconds because the counter starts at the time the heads pop up for phase 2, but are invulnerable for 7 seconds after.

Just imagine timer is 1:50s and adapt…

We did it!!!

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

The even more tragic problem is that those players that come usually go away after one fight, disappointed that they couldn’t get a kill, only to be replaced by people with similar aspirations

We’ve had and continue to have this problem from day one. To make matters worse we never seem to have 150 players. split is normally 50 / 40 / 40 with a few here and there. So we are missing 15ish players in general. It’s tough to get everyone involved. No matter how much you beg, and plead. It’s a real accomplishment to just get those people involved and invested.

We did it!!!

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Grats Deso! It is good to see it got done outside of a specialized guild that makes overflows as a means of creating an artificial ‘instance’ via overflow.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

We did it!!!

Posted by: Raap.9065

Raap.9065

It somehow seems very fitting that Desolation is the first to master a wurm.

(If you didn’t get that, then you didn’t play Nightfall. )

Congratulations!

Swift Mending – Guardian
Thorny Scrub – Thief
Desolation

(edited by Raap.9065)