Wurm vs Tequatl Loot Comparison

in The Origins of Madness

Posted by: Taisia.2813

Taisia.2813

After our second kill I took screenies to demonstrate the difference between Wurm and Tequatl Loot. I think the picture is self explanatory. Basic differences:

1. 2 champ bags vs 4 champ bags
2. No karma pots from wurm.
3. A lot less items from wurm “physical” chest
4. 20 item pool vs nearly 50 item pool
5. 3 rare items from both (or one mini or ascended chest if you’re lucky)

Comments?

(NOTE: On the left picture the dragonite ore have stacked with my existing ore so sorry about that. Apart from that, this IS the ENTIRE loot pool you get from wurm! Thank you)

Attachments:

(edited by Taisia.2813)

Posted by: Nikasaur.4713

Nikasaur.4713

no wurm slayer achieves for wurm, now we have 2nd kill will be abandoned unless achieves and loot is better

Posted by: Yutaka Matsushige.1987

Yutaka Matsushige.1987

After our second kill I took screenies to demonstrate the difference between Wurm and Tequatl Loot. I think the picture is self explanatory. Basic differences:

Comments?

2 Gold item from Wurm ?
watch on my loot from Wurm …
http://i.imgur.com/3XZE1uj.jpg

Posted by: Cletus Van Damme.2795

Cletus Van Damme.2795

That’s some amazing loot you got there. I think it might be a little too much for the effort involved, other parts of the game might suffer if everyone is doing wurm.

Magumer Ranger

Posted by: gaborkaldy.3210

gaborkaldy.3210

2 full kill – 2 head kill and none counted :/

Lootwise: Wurm does BS comparing the effort is needed for the kill.

Few rares is all i got.

It’s always Beer Time!
Desolation – [TEU]

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

I think Wurm is more geared towards the unique skins, shown here:

http://i.imgur.com/27H8ypc.gif
http://i.imgur.com/d4zlCo3.gif
http://i.imgur.com/gaJFMLF.gif

There’s also a few weapon skins I can’t find atm.

I’m O.K. with this trade off. Teq may be better to farm for profit, but Wurm gives you the prestige items. Therefore giving both world bosses a unique purpose and keeping both active.

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

Comments?

2 Gold item from Wurm ?

Uhmm. you didn’t take a shot of your whole loot. Just the side bar showing what popped. That stacks though so what you’re showing isn’t everything.

Kinda disappointing though. If there was a guaranteed Ascended for the Wurm, now that would be awesome. With the difficulty..it’s not like that is a bad thing. 300 players max have beaten this thing now….

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

Taisia.2813

I think Wurm is more geared towards the unique skins, shown here:

http://i.imgur.com/27H8ypc.gif
http://i.imgur.com/d4zlCo3.gif
http://i.imgur.com/gaJFMLF.gif

There’s also a few weapon skins I can’t find atm.

I’m O.K. with this trade off. Teq may be better to farm for profit, but Wurm gives you the prestige items. Therefore giving both world bosses a unique purpose and keeping both active.

:)

2 kills 300 people total.. 2 armor chests you mentioned and 2 minis… would you like to do a probability assessment of how one is going to collect all 3 of these prestige items?

Yes we didn’t do it for the rewards but at the end of the day there should be a token system for these bosses period. All the effort that went into the kills and we don’t even have a souvenir to show for it.

Taisia.2813

Comments?

2 Gold item from Wurm ?

Uhmm. you didn’t take a shot of your whole loot. Just the side bar showing what popped. That stacks though so what you’re showing isn’t everything.

Kinda disappointing though. If there was a guaranteed Ascended for the Wurm, now that would be awesome. With the difficulty..it’s not like that is a bad thing. 300 players max have beaten this thing now….

That is everything!

You get the 2 chests that you see on right side, when you open them (and 2 champ boxes that drop inside) the end result is a 20 item pool. Not one more, not one less.

Posted by: hobbes.6178

hobbes.6178

Ah ArenaNet. Never fail to amaze me.

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

How much raw gold do you get? That’s easily the best part of Tequatl, but it’s often overlooked.

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

Comments?

2 Gold item from Wurm ?

That is everything!

You get the 2 chests that you see on right side, when you open them (and 2 champ boxes that drop inside) the end result is a 20 item pool. Not one more, not one less.

I was quoting that other guy who only showed a screengrab of like 4 greens and a dragonite ore.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

Worth it.

Attachments:

Posted by: Reihert.1509

Reihert.1509

I believe it is because of the shot at unique skins.

At any rate, loot in general in this game is trash.

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

I believe it is because of the shot at unique skins.

At any rate, loot in general in this game is trash.

I agree 100%.
I can see this event becoming like Teq. With people doing it daily once they get used to all the mechanics and become better at it.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: Shasha.2548

Shasha.2548

Comments?

Bad balancing :/
I think if in 2 week we cant do Wurm like we do Tequatl that need some fix. (I say that cause maybe with debug and some pratice that become easiest… We will see.)

I hardly participe for first try tequatl in my own server sometime at cmd ( 4 or 5day for down him if i remember right) and the next 3week + many many many time, and never got something particular, i know it can be frustrating xD
But yes, isnt the goal. At start…

Some cmd suggest a token system in fr forum but never get any answer… Some of us do Tequatl 4 or 5 time per day the 2 first week for “teach the pug” or “help other fr server”, and at the last new we dont loot anything from him >.<

But GJ.
I hope i can down that event too soon but i’m not verry involved for now, lets hope some fix soon :P

EDIT : Tequatl have unique ascended skin too.

(edited by Shasha.2548)

Posted by: LostInSmoke.2590

LostInSmoke.2590

Bosses need more loot in general, and big bosses need a LOT more.

Posted by: Shasha.2548

Shasha.2548

Yes, specialy the 2 or 3 first week.

I think now tequatl is not that bad, cause we can beat him with less difficult/time consuming, but still, my world for a token system.

(edited by Shasha.2548)

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

wurm needs better loot, or nerf

Are you Shpongled?

Posted by: Odd Magnet.3970

Odd Magnet.3970

Wow, that’s really disappointing.

Anyways, I’m going to kill the worm at least 3 times to get all the “head killed” achievments.
After that I guess I’ll stay with Tequatl. The “Keg-Achievment” is stupid anyways

I don’t attract, I don’t repel. That’s kinda odd

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Oh cool, now I don’t need to bother with the wurm. Thanks Taisia.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

So we got a TRIPLE head ultra hard boss, harder than tequatl and the loot is worst.

Attachments:

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

Posted by: James Megawatt.9021

James Megawatt.9021

Who cares? The only thing you did was press 1 key anyway

Posted by: WilliamDaBloody.2591

WilliamDaBloody.2591

That basically sums up GW2… xD

Posted by: Nikasaur.4713

Nikasaur.4713

you can earn billions in this world by pressing one key at the right time

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

I don’t know what you guys are expecting. 5 guaranteed rares? 2 guaranteed exotics? You start handing these out and they lose value, leaving you no better off than before.

What Anet should have done was introduce a token system for bosses like Teq/Wurm, where each completion will give you tokens that can be exchanged for unique, highly desirable rewards. This encourages subsequent completion of these bosses.

i.e. Each wurm head decapitated gives 10 tokens, while successful completion of wurm event gives an extra 50 (so maximum of 80).

A token vendor will have the following:
-Wurm-themed exotic weapons – 300 tokens each
-Wurm minipet – 250 tokens
-Wurm-themed exotic armors – 240 – 400 tokens each
-Special runes – 100 tokens
e.t.c.

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

I don’t know what you guys are expecting. 5 guaranteed rares? 2 guaranteed exotics? You start handing these out and they lose value, leaving you no better off than before.

What Anet should have done was introduce a token system for bosses like Teq/Wurm, where each completion will give you tokens that can be exchanged for unique, highly desirable rewards. This encourages subsequent completion of these bosses.

i.e. Each wurm head decapitated gives 10 tokens, while successful completion of wurm event gives an extra 50 (so maximum of 80).

A token vendor will have the following:
-Wurm-themed exotic weapons – 300 tokens each
-Wurm minipet – 250 tokens
-Wurm-themed exotic armors – 240 – 400 tokens each
-Special runes – 100 tokens
e.t.c.

and 5 tokens per wurm head decapitated and 10 for killing all heads. Acended and skins are not exotic weapons and armor. World bosses should be treated like dungeons. easier to get = less exclusive and u probably wouldn’t want them. Better question is why are all skins helm sholders and gloves. Why is there no armor skins >.>. Why doesn’t teq have armor skin >.<

(edited by Fafnir.5124)

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

Please no more currencies.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Taisia.2813

All due respect but this is needed badly. I did Teq more than 200 times now perhaps on different characters and never once did I get a mini and only once an ascended chest. And I am one of the luckier ones.

A supplementary system based on tokens is being respectful of people who put a lot of time into these encounters. Anet is late as it is to implement this IMHO.

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

All due respect but this is needed badly. I did Teq more than 200 times now perhaps on different characters and never once did I get a mini and only once an ascended chest. And I am one of the luckier ones.

A supplementary system based on tokens is being respectful of people who put a lot of time into these encounters. Anet is late as it is to implement this IMHO.

Better yet. We make the bosses like heart events. When you finally fill the heart you can just buy the stuff with karma. The devs remember karma right? The supposed universal currency that allowed players to play the way they want yet still get rewards?

Knowing ArenaNet though it would be 50 laurels, 250 ectos, and 2 million karma for a single ascended item. Want the minipet? Quadruple all that.

Posted by: Simplicity.7208

Simplicity.7208

Comments?

From the looks of it, you didn’t include the world boss chest that spawns after wurm dies. That chest definitely counts towards wurm loot. When the wurm dies, you need to take the portal that appears. It takes you to his chest by the Firthside Vigil Waypoint. That chest guarentees 50~ dragonite ore & 3~ rares/exotics among other things. I see no dragonite ore in your SS. That’s how I know.

Furthermore; we’re talking about a Tequatl mini worth about 30g versus a mini cobalt wurm head worth about 800g. So yeah. I’d say the rewards are all right. The main problem is the lack of a working & fair queue system that people can’t abuse by “ferrying” & the many bugs that plague wurm right now including but not limited to map glitching, wurm scaling, and a 10 second invulnerability on phase 2.

(edited by Simplicity.7208)

Taisia.2813

Comments?

From the looks of it, you didn’t include the world boss chest that spawns after wurm dies. That chest definitely counts towards wurm loot. When the wurm dies, you need to take the portal that appears. It takes you to his chest by the Firthside Vigil Waypoint. That chest guarentees 50~ dragonite ore & 3~ rares/exotics among other things. I see no dragonite ore in your SS. That’s how I know.

Furthermore; we’re talking about a Tequatl mini worth about 30g versus a mini cobalt wurm head worth about 800g. So yeah. I’d say the rewards are all right. The main problem is the lack of a working & fair queue system that people can’t abuse by “ferrying” & the many bugs that plague wurm right now including but not limited to map glitching, wurm scaling, and a 10 second invulnerability on phase 2.

If you take a look at the picture you’ll see I am there having looted the chest that appears after you kill the wurm. I’ve killed it 2x now so I know. The dragonite etc have just stacked with the ones below.

And it is kinda interesting you think there is no discrepancy here between the two loot pools.

(edited by Taisia.2813)

Vol.7601

Comments?

There is 164 dragonite ore in the bottom left. It could have went there.

Simplicity.7208

Comments?

If you take a look at the picture you’ll see I am there having looted the chest that appears after you kill the wurm. I’ve killed it 2x now so I know. The dragonite etc have just stacked with the ones below.

Then you’re intentionally misrepresenting the loot that you get from the Wurm by not including the dragonite ore in your “highlighted” loot section in wurm SS but including it in your Tequatl SS. Furthermore, you neglect relative values of the things that come from each boss as well as their drop rate. From the look of things, it seems the wurm mini is 10x more likely to drop than the Tequatl mini as well as being 33x more valuable. As for ascended equipment, it seems those are also drastically more likely to drop from Wurm as well since every run seems to have at least 1 person getting them.

Is it perfect? No. Would a token system be better? Yes. Was it still worth it even though I only got 3 rares & like 20 greens? Totally.

Yutaka Matsushige.1987

Comments?

2 Gold item from Wurm ?

yes, that not all drop, but … me interesting drop from BIG chest. im kill 2 kimes , and 2 times only 5×2 green item … mini and new ascended armor skin do not drop from Gold Box+DailyWurmKill Box. many who killed the worm, sat for 12 hours in the game during the week before they succeeded. Personally, I was 3 days before the first murder 16 hours before he was killed. but not even earned a simple exotic for it. ArenaNet could do to increase the ranking drop for the first murder. You remember what was the drop from Karka when it entered? people to link to the chat pile exotic , and more ppl give Precursor.

(edited by Yutaka Matsushige.1987)

Taisia.2813

Comments?

Then you’re intentionally misrepresenting the loot that you get from the Wurm by not including the dragonite ore in your “highlighted” loot section in wurm SS but including it in your Tequatl SS. Furthermore, you neglect relative values of the things that come from each boss as well as their drop rate. From the look of things, it seems the wurm mini is 10x more likely to drop than the Tequatl mini as well as being 33x more valuable. As for ascended equipment, it seems those are also drastically more likely to drop from Wurm as well since every run seems to have at least 1 person getting them.

Is it perfect? No. Would a token system be better? Yes. Was it still worth it even though I only got 3 rares & like 20 greens? Totally.

Yes I’ve been deliberately trying to deceive people… Jeez.. Looks like you’re full so I won’t feed you anymore..

Vol.7601

Comments?

2 Gold item from Wurm ?

yes, that not all drop, but … me interesting drop from BIG chest. im kill 2 kimes , and 2 times only 5×2 green item … mini and new ascended armor skin do not drop from Gold Box+DailyWurmKill Box. many who killed the worm, sat for 12 hours in the game during the week before they succeeded. Personally, I was 3 days before the first murder 16 hours before he was killed. but not even earned a simple exotic for it. ArenaNet could do to increase the ranking drop for the first murder. You remember what was the drop from Karka when it entered? people to link to the chat pile exotic , and more ppl give Precursor.

It’s a player choice for waiting that long. You don’t deserve anything special because you waited.

Yutaka Matsushige.1987

im posted here video Karka drop on Lostshore event (Karka Legendary type mob vs Wurm Epic !!! type mob)
http://i.imgur.com/Rrz5tEk.jpg
sry for bad screenshot this screen from this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMOV9o75GZc
now that we have from Karka BIG chest … 2 gold + 2 Exotic + Box(1exo Amulet + 20 slot bag)
what im have from 2! Wurm … umm just 10 gren item lol …

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Anet needs to find a balance between making the items themselves rare enough to be valuable and yet still reward the players for their time and work.
It is pretty apparent(from most people that play) that the rewards in GW2 are lackluster and essentially boring.
While I agree that the Karka chest was a reward that was worth the time and effort, it was also a one time event and as such made the reward viable.
The token system is a good idea but, my feeling is that Wurms will eventually be like Tequatl and done daily. Be prepared to see the minis and items available to drop in price as people get better at doing the event.
I do feel bad for people that received greens only from the kill, I mean that is pretty bad. Perhaps a guaranteed rare or two would make the event i bit more rewarding.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Taisia.2813

Comments?

2 Gold item from Wurm ?

It’s a player choice for waiting that long. You don’t deserve anything special because you waited.

Yep we waited so long the wurm died of old age… No skill or dedication involved.

Vol.7601

im posted here video Karka drop on Lostshore event (Karka Legendary type mob vs Wurm Epic !!! type mob)
now that we have from Karka BIG chest … 2 gold + 2 Exotic + Box(1exo Amulet + 20 slot bag)

Well yeah, lets conveniently ignored that the Ancient Karka Queen was a one-time event and all…

Fafnir.5124

Well yeah, lets conveniently ignored that the Ancient Karka Queen was a one-time event and all…

I think he is referencing difficulty. that Wurm is much harder and there for should have more rewards. But with next path there is a garneted nerf on him so we really should wait and see how the difficulty changes before complaining about how current reward is worth it or not. 10sec or more will be added to phase 2

Posted by: HownDoog.8529

HownDoog.8529

I forgot the game was about the loot. I didn’t realize people actually worried so much about loot instead of playing. jesus.

Fafnir.5124

I forgot the game was about the loot. I didn’t realize people actually worried so much about loot instead of playing. jesus.

Well you usually get payed based on how hard a job is.

Vol.7601

I think he is referencing difficulty. that Wurm is much harder and there for should have more rewards. But with next path there is a garneted nerf on him so we really should wait and see how the difficulty changes before complaining about how current reward is worth it or not. 10sec or more will be added to phase 2

Yes, the wurm is much harder but the exclusivity of both events are widely different, hence the disparity in rewards.

Furthermore, while the wurm is difficult, I don’t think it’s as incredibly difficult that we need to be showering players with exotics. There is a long learning curve, but once you surpass that the fight becomes easy. I remember when Teq was notoriously difficult. But now we have servers finishing teq with 8-10 minutes to spare, and Teq right now is easy like clockwork for servers that are experienced in it.

The wurm, after all, is bugged right now and sometimes you have to get lucky to get past the scaling issues in the 1st phase.

Fafnir.5124

you make 10g a day based on dps bosses down left and right. Wurm takes 3 days to kill. So basic math says we should get 30g from a wurm kill. if you really want to be fare and balanced. This is a simple pay me for my time fact and has nothing to do with the difficulty.

what is a 2g exotic in sight of that

If rewards where better more would do it and it would become less exclusive.

Simplicity.7208

Which is why Bill Gates makes less money than Chinese sweatshop workers….Oh wait…

I agree with Hown Doog. It’s legit just to kill the boss. Loot is a bonus, not a goal.

Vol.7601

Which is why Bill Gates makes less money than Chinese sweatshop workers….Oh wait…

I agree with Hown Doog. It’s legit just to kill the boss. Loot is a bonus, not a goal.

It seems you have absolutely zero clue of how hard upper-management work is.

Fafnir.5124

I would have compared it to an employee with hourly wages one works 1 hour another works 3 days who should be payed more….

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Not even close to hard enough to earn more than 10x the amount of a normal worker.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.