10/11 SF/ET/YB(zergs bend)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

If you truly had gone ET-Old School, you would have been holding NE tower in your BL. And own nothing else on the map.

He said he channeled is inner [Mend]. I don’t recall Flappybob ever bunkering on ETBL… At least while I was on Mend, it was always in a tower elsewhere (Bluelake, Redbriar or Langor, mostly).

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eye Mohini.7938

Eye Mohini.7938

You come to retake your BL hills with two omegas and 15+ in support, you get past outer with no resistance, six of us show up to defend inner, and you give up?

the internet, where everyone is as hard as nails

in Match-ups

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

We started with about 25 (or less)

Do you honestly have no idea how many people are on your side?

Because 25 is a terribly low estimate for the number of SF in Aldon’s.

ps – The defense was well done. Don’t cheapen it with cluelessness.

I know how many stacked for supply check when I asked, therefore that is those I count….My group wasn’t full of pugs, so the number is fairly accurate.

More did come as the battle went on that were not in our guild group and they helped out immensely and we appreciated it, but some also died (guildies and non-guildies)…I know we could not get people back into the tower as it went on, because you guys were doing a good job of denying them…

I felt like we had more than you at the beginning, but after about 20 minutes you had more numbers. Plus you had every bit of keep siege and field siege your 1500 keep supply could build….

Mag Server Leader

(edited by King Amadaeus.8619)

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

If you truly had gone ET-Old School, you would have been holding NE tower in your BL. And own nothing else on the map.

He said he channeled is inner [Mend]. I don’t recall Flappybob ever bunkering on ETBL… At least while I was on Mend, it was always in a tower elsewhere (Bluelake, Redbriar or Langor, mostly).

Pretty much what Jek said….Back in the T8 Glicko Ghetto our WvW nights in Mend often consisted of trying to find an easily defensible tower and bunkering up inside.

For the fun, and also to pull more and more forces to us. Both of which we did last night which was very fun.

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: quickflash.6314

quickflash.6314

? Why didnt you use that distraction to your advantage ?

You had a foothold in a tower and the high ground with one clear entrance

Commander Rena [POV]
Mistress of Death
Yaksbend | Evil Empire

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kurieg.4158

Kurieg.4158

I know how many stacked for supply check when I asked, therefore that is those I count….My group wasn’t full of pugs, so the number is fairly accurate.

More did come as the battle went on that were not in our guild group and they helped out immensely and we appreciated it, but some also died (guildies and non-guildies)…I know we could not get people back into the tower as it went on, because you guys were doing a good job of denying them…

I felt like we had more than you at the beginning, but after about 20 minutes you had more numbers. Plus you had every bit of keep siege and field siege your 1500 keep supply could build….

I JI’ed into the middle of your zerg during a push. My count was well north of 25, not including “beasts”. I shoulda ss’ed, though, because I was stunned how many there were.

It didn’t really look like you lost all that many for awhile to kills, because those that did die got rezzed.

Eventually, though, ya’ll did break up. I noticed groups left for rogues and what not (and I use the term “groups” not to mean 5, but just a “bunch”). I think the treb/mortar fire on the lord’s room probably convinced them to leave, not sure. There weren’t as many of you left in aldon’s when the AC’s dropped outside lit you up on our final attack.

Crafty [CR]
Yak’s Bend
Ir Regardless – Engineer

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

? Why didnt you use that distraction to your advantage ?

You had a foothold in a tower and the high ground with one clear entrance

I am a guardian I couldn’t clone myself and start taking another tower with my cloned tag….Man, I should have rolled Mesmer for my tagged toon…..

In all seriousness we talked about that. But I was not going to split our guild group, and there were no other commanders running. Besides it was nice to see how long we could hold it, and to see you guys calling more and more in. (which was kind of the point in the first place)

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

I JI’ed into the middle of your zerg during a push. My count was well north of 25, not including “beasts”. I shoulda ss’ed, though, because I was stunned how many there were.

It didn’t really look like you lost all that many for awhile to kills, because those that did die got rezzed.

Eventually, though, ya’ll did break up. I noticed groups left for rogues and what not (and I use the term “groups” not to mean 5, but just a “bunch”). I think the treb/mortar fire on the lord’s room probably convinced them to leave, not sure. There weren’t as many of you left in aldon’s when the AC’s dropped outside lit you up on our final attack.

We sent people out for supply, we were watching for the ACs, knew they were inevitable. We had wiped several around the gate and breached areas.

And I told everyone the downfall of our situation would be if you got one up around the area below the lord because it would be hard to spot and to kill it we would have to run the farthest back through the huge amounts of AoE you guys had down in the breaches.

We had fun, we knew how it would end, and there were no surprises. CoSA has no issue losing fights to superior siege. If you guys would have rolled up that ramp and punched us in face then we would be sad pandas.

Those last ACs you are mentioning were indeed exactly what got us, they were a good call on your part….I am very tanking and I had 900 health at one point so everyone dropped like flies.

I also think you guys should send 11-20 silver to those brave mesmers that tried PB after PB.

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

quickflash.6314

In all seriousness.

My real question for SF is do you guys run on the same comms? You have some good individual players and small teams. I dont see any good force troops though.

Instantly troops become better when they can hear a commander kittening at them.

Commander Rena [POV]
Mistress of Death
Yaksbend | Evil Empire

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

In all seriousness.

My real question for SF is do you guys run on the same comms? You have some good individual players and small teams. I dont see any good force troops though.

Instantly troops become better when they can hear a commander kittening at them.

Most of the core commanders are on some kind of VoIP. (Some use what their guild uses, and others use 1 of the 2 server-wide ones)

Some commanders do not, we also have a huge Latino population so at times translation can/could be an issue with some commanders. We have in the past from time to time set up translates to type, but it is not a smooth system by any means.

I have been on BGs and JQs TS3’s. We have on average about what they do in regards to people on comms during set times of the day. In peak they have more, but then again they have more people. I remember thinking when I was there “wow I thought there would be more people on”. But like I said, many people run guild groups in WvW now, and they use their own private comms.

We also have people resting up for leagues this week, doing their PVE stuffs…I mean YB is well above us WvW-population wise even if we had a full forces. So with all of that in mind, and leagues starting next week, I think that is why we have seen a huge dropoff of people in WvW, and subsequently why you are not seeing “good force groups” in a match that does absolutely nothing for us either way due to population/coverage imbalances.

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

quickflash.6314

For leagues then I would work on getting everyone on the same comms. You guys wonder how the YB Zerg comes out in so many numbers it’s because of good communications.

Even when guilds use there own comms they have a representative in the primary passing along Intel / orders.

I hope you guys do well in leagues and learn from the experiences you had here.

Commander Rena [POV]
Mistress of Death
Yaksbend | Evil Empire

in Match-ups

Posted by: Telemin.7380

Telemin.7380

I only remember bunkering with him within Keeps or in Eternal. I was the the one that would hole up in the NE corner of our own borderlands against those two months of SF. Long Live Noobles Tower!

Teh Ouchies

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mothafu.5123

Mothafu.5123

Oh we learned sth, allright. Thanks.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: ptitminou.6489

ptitminou.6489

For leagues then I would work on getting everyone on the same comms. You guys wonder how the YB Zerg comes out in so many numbers it’s because of good communications.

Even when guilds use there own comms they have a representative in the primary passing along Intel / orders.

Give us just 1/2 your numbers. It’s not about how fast you respond, it’s that we’re outnumbered in 3/4 of the BGs during OUR primetime. I must have spent a total of what, 20s on repairs this week… because I died in the mad king labyrinth (had to do achieves on overflow because my server refuses to play properly)

The problems aren’t really the comms on SF – a few of the TS guys sit somewhere in mumble in case we need the mumble people. The main problem is that we have too many people living in the past which is stopping them from moving forward. They have that mentality where they have to be heroes, they think stacking up and wiping other zergs is like having a second job, gearing up properly is a chore and that is the challenge we have : the whole server’s mentality has to change. If it were only the comms, it would have been fixed ages ago.

SF seems to be the magnet for all the kids with disorders or delusions of self importance as if they had to somehow prove their existence to others in video games; the pinnacle of what can be described as pathetic. Seriously, they feel rejected because they lost a 5-man guild yesterday. I suspect the fact it starts with Sorrow attracted too many emos.

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten
Because censorship is the most important part of the MMO business.

(edited by ptitminou.6489)

in Match-ups

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

So to the Sadrows Furnace / ErrorRun TehRace .

Your gonna have to come up with better parody names than that. That was so corny it gave me cancer and killed my dog.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in Match-ups

clint.5681

Give us just 1/2 your numbers. It’s not about how fast you respond, it’s that we’re outnumbered in 3/4 of the BGs during OUR primetime. I must have spent a total of what, 20s on repairs this week… because I died in the mad king labyrinth (had to do achieves on overflow because my server refuses to play properly)

The problems aren’t really the comms on SF – a few of the TS guys sit somewhere in mumble in case we need the mumble people. The main problem is that we have too many people living in the past which is stopping them from moving forward. They have that mentality where they have to be heroes, they think stacking up and wiping other zergs is like having a second job, gearing up properly is a chore and that is the challenge we have : the whole server’s mentality has to change. If it were only the comms, it would have been fixed ages ago.

SF seems to be the magnet for all the kids with disorders or delusions of self importance as if they had to somehow prove their existence to others in video games; the pinnacle of what can be described as pathetic. Seriously, they feel rejected because they lost a 5-man guild yesterday. I suspect the fact it starts with Sorrow attracted too many emos.

I honestly have no idea who your character/guild is but I can’t deny what you said in the second/third paragraph.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior

in Match-ups

ptitminou.6489

Your gonna have to come up with better parody names than that. That was so corny it gave me cancer and killed my dog.

Like this:

Skidrow Foreigners
ErrorOn TierEights
Dont talk back

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten

in Match-ups

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

There were a lot of them in that tower. 25 does sound like a very low estimate from what I could see standing on top of that supply hut.

But I don’t really care how many were in there, it was a fun fight.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

There were a lot of them in that tower. 25 does sound like a very low estimate from what I could see standing on top of that supply hut.

But I don’t really care how many were in there, it was a fun fight.

Yeah we had 250 people and you guys had 20. (I forgot we have been spawn camping you all week with our superior numbers)

Like I told someone the other day in Guild Chat:

The 1st rule of WvW:

If you lost, you were outmanned…If you won you were outmanned.

I said from pretty much the beginning that we had more people than you guys at first…Then you guys started calling out for help and within 30minutes you vastly outnumbered us. You guys were popping swords on the 3-5 we would have just trying to run back to the tower from spawn.

I don’t mind the disagreement about the numbers, but it is funny to see a server that has laughed all week about their superior tactics, and superior numbers, and superior siege to get so bent out of shape over 40minutes of wiping to a turtled up group of SF.

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: Storm Sunstarr.8470

Storm Sunstarr.8470

Last night while Savannah (King Amadaeus) was tagged up with 15 or so other Cosa and kept the majority of Yaks busy, myself and about 8 of my guildies from Suns ran on the opposite side of the map. We originally took Aldons then started to wander up into the ET side of the map and grabbed Anz/Speld/Mend. We noticed that Savannah decided to make Aldons a bunker and went to help out. I think that between our 2 guilds and a few others we were probably at 30 or so strong. Once Yaks battered all the walls down and we held off all the waves for a while all our siege got wiped by the trebs/mortars from the keep. Suns left Aldons after all the Yaks guys pulled off for a while, so we went to the Yaks side of EB while the battle continued to rage and proceeded to take T3 Durios, QL, and Klovan. I know another group flipped the T3 Bravost. All that time we grew eyes in the back of our heads wondering when the zerg would come and kill us, but your focus on Aldons made it easy. My thanks to Savannah for taking all the heat while we made some havoc elsewhere!

Aurora Sunstarr, leader of Sunstarr Clan [Suns]
Sorrows Furnace
“Youth and strength can always be overcome by old age and treachery!”

in Match-ups

Posted by: rcelbrechter.8947

rcelbrechter.8947

I kinda think its funny that their Silver League selves would be reduced to talking kitten to our Bronze league servers. Yep… we are impressed.

Renegade Lightsend [Chef] [TAC]
Guardian – Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Kurieg.4158

Yeah we had 250 people and you guys had 20. (I forgot we have been spawn camping you all week with our superior numbers)

In your primetime, I’ve been in quite a few large fights where SF had no #‘s problems at all. The sea of red names was impressive. Reset night was particularly fun against the COSA+ zerg in our bl, but I haven’t failed to find good big fights in your primetime.

A few times I’ve managed to be on during your non-primetime, it’s a different story.

Yak’s 24 hour coverage is way better than SF’s, and that’s why your primetime logs in behind the 8-ball as far as PPT goes. That’s pretty much the story of WvW PPT in GW2. Coverage wins. By the time your primetime is getting to fighting #’s, your trying to get points against reinforced structures and siege spread about.

Note, none of us said you had us outnumbered at Aldons. It was within low % though, at best for Yak’s, on the impacts I saw (before your numbers frittered away).

Crafty [CR]
Yak’s Bend
Ir Regardless – Engineer

in Match-ups

Kurieg.4158

Last night while Savannah (King Amadaeus) was tagged up with 15 or so other Cosa and kept the majority of Yaks busy, myself and about 8 of my guildies from Suns ran on the opposite side of the map. We originally took Aldons then started to wander up into the ET side of the map and grabbed Anz/Speld/Mend. We noticed that Savannah decided to make Aldons a bunker and went to help out. I think that between our 2 guilds and a few others we were probably at 30 or so strong. Once Yaks battered all the walls down and we held off all the waves for a while all our siege got wiped by the trebs/mortars from the keep. Suns left Aldons after all the Yaks guys pulled off for a while, so we went to the Yaks side of EB while the battle continued to rage and proceeded to take T3 Durios, QL, and Klovan. I know another group flipped the T3 Bravost. All that time we grew eyes in the back of our heads wondering when the zerg would come and kill us, but your focus on Aldons made it easy. My thanks to Savannah for taking all the heat while we made some havoc elsewhere!

There was a lot more going on in WvW than just Aldon’s while you were flipping those towers, including a large wipe of SF in their garri to a siege trap, and 15 SF on the Yak watergate in EB (gate hit point bar was empty when I got there.)

At one point, ya’ll appeared to have 3 different groups on our side of EB as well as a large force at your bl garrison.

Crafty [CR]
Yak’s Bend
Ir Regardless – Engineer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

/yawn

If you’re going to argue about what happened last night in EB, please create more drama. This thread is putting me to sleep.

Who’s up for fight night? I want to duel you Savannah!

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in Match-ups

Posted by: Storm Sunstarr.8470

Storm Sunstarr.8470

The group that flipped Bravost must have been the ones that pounded on your water gate. Ultimately, the other larger groups getting the attention is what allowed our small 8 man group to take so many objectives unmolested.

Aurora Sunstarr, leader of Sunstarr Clan [Suns]
Sorrows Furnace
“Youth and strength can always be overcome by old age and treachery!”

in Match-ups

ptitminou.6489

There was a lot more going on in WvW than just Aldon’s while you were flipping those towers, including a large wipe of SF in their garri to a siege trap, and 15 SF on the Yak watergate in EB (gate hit point bar was empty when I got there.)

At one point, ya’ll appeared to have 3 different groups on our side of EB as well as a large force at your bl garrison.

And none of it was coordinated.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eye Mohini.7938

Eye Mohini.7938

And that’s WvW as it’s “meant to be played”?

the internet, where everyone is as hard as nails

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

/yawn

If you’re going to argue about what happened last night in EB, please create more drama. This thread is putting me to sleep.

Who’s up for fight night? I want to duel you Savannah!

Fine but if you win I was obviously outmanned, cough…cough…cough….

I do my duels early, since I am an old man and go to bed early….I usually go around daily reset.

Safe to say its at YB BL this week? Yaks I would invite you but you have to leave your siege at home plox!

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

Can we call it outwomanned? If you lose it’s because I’m obviously cheese.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in Match-ups

Kurieg.4158

That’s actually what I got out of this thread, since a lot of the SF posts imo indicate that SF players really don’t know what other SF players are doing.

However, I didn’t want to assume that was true for the commanders.

Crafty [CR]
Yak’s Bend
Ir Regardless – Engineer

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

Thanks Aurora for the assists, we had a blast. I remember coming up on Mendons (before the Aldongate controversy of 2013), and some shouted the gate was down…We all kitten ourselves and I screamed run for the cap! And then we realized it was you capping it not ET…We had a good laugh and I called Britanica a credit _ since she was already in the circle before most of us were in the gate.

I love you guys, love our server, and love my (our) guild…And I haven’t had any Rum yet today.

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

Can we call it outwomanned? If you lose it’s because I’m obviously cheese.

I will instagib to BS necros, that has been the trend, so color me outwommaned.

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

The 1st rule of WvW:

I said from pretty much the beginning that we had more people than you guys at first…Then you guys started calling out for help and within 30minutes you vastly outnumbered us. You guys were popping swords on the 3-5 we would have just trying to run back to the tower from spawn.

I don’t mind the disagreement about the numbers, but it is funny to see a server that has laughed all week about their superior tactics, and superior numbers, and superior siege to get so bent out of shape over 40minutes of wiping to a turtled up group of SF.

I don’t know who had more at various points of that fight, but the numbers don’t really matter if the fight is good. And that was certainly a good fight. We both had a lot of people and I’d say the balance shifted a few times, but I think both sides probably had a lot of fun.

You guys did a great job of holding onto that swiss cheese mess of a tower.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

in Match-ups

ptitminou.6489

No, that’s the living in the past problem with SF

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

The 1st rule of WvW:

I don’t know who had more at various points of that fight, but the numbers don’t really matter if the fight is good. And that was certainly a good fight. We both had a lot of people and I’d say the balance shifted a few times, but I think both sides probably had a lot of fun.

You guys did a great job of holding onto that swiss cheese mess of a tower.

I couldn’t agree more, we had fun, glad you guys did as well.

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

No, that’s the living in the past problem with SF

More coordination is always better, but when you can’t even get people to agree on one VoIP then you can only expect so much.

Also I think too many people misjudge/disagree with what people really want. SF is a casual server, it is not PVE server (that is a crutch that WvW’ers made up back in T8), it is not a WvW server.

It is full of people who like to do a lil WvW, lil PVE, lil sPVP…

I appreciate you guys/gals trying to get everyone more organized, and I think we could use it. But when you look around and we have (legitimately) 2-3 WvW-focused guilds on the entire server, you can only expect so much.

BG/JQ/SoR are the way they are not because of organization, as much as because they have the bodies to throw at the problems. They are not, unorganized by any means, but trying to apply T1 tactics to a T7 server will always be a stretch. Some things will work universally, others will fail miserably.

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

clint.5681

We dont need to apply T1 tactics we just need a basic level of organization and agreement. Our commanders dont even come close to working together. We dont train our PVE on how to play WvW, so we get alot of PVE commanders running around like chickens with their heads cut off. We have a kittenton of problems that wont magically disappear when the leagues start.

I mean like you said we cant even decide if we are going to use Mumble or TS3. I dont even know the TS info anyway, its not on our site anywhere.

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

We dont need to apply T1 tactics we just need a basic level of organization and agreement. Our commanders dont even come close to working together. We dont train our PVE on how to play WvW, so we get alot of PVE commanders running around like chickens with their heads cut off. We have a kittenton of problems that wont magically disappear when the leagues start.

I mean like you said we cant even decide if we are going to use Mumble or TS3. I dont even know the TS info anyway, its not on our site anywhere.

SF has training every week, the problem is that it is the same people that show up every week. They get some new ones here and there and the feedback they normally get is positive. (It all happens after my bedtime but I have poked my head into a few)

As far as PVE commanders go, that is just something that will always happen. It is one of the reasons why several of us on Mumble (before there was a TS3), tried implementing a “general agreement” of not having more than 2-3 tags up on a map at once. (Which was something that I and a few others noticed that the T1 servers did on our stay there)

It worked well for a while, then people started to complain about being “suppressed” from commanding. Some others (myself included) purposely stopped tagging up to let some of the newer folks get some time in. What ended up happening eventually is that (IMO) we regressed back into: Either having too many tags in relation to the people on the map, or not having any tags.

If you guys really want to help the server, the best advice I can give you is showup to the weekly training sessions, help out, or even volunteer to lead one. Get more involved, they have been having those FARM trainings for a very long time now, and they will only work if people participate.

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vumol.3942

Vumol.3942

you think i care what a low tier failure has to say?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Runehand.9368

Runehand.9368

Think of the puppies, man.

Zherbus – Yak’s Bend
Bookahs on [AciD]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vumol.3942

Vumol.3942

If you guys are as good as you say you are why not try to fight back instead of rolling over like dog I supposedly killed

in Match-ups

clint.5681

Yes they have trainings, but the people who need them dont know about them. its not like there is someone in LA or even in EB periodically letting people know about them. I noticed awhile ago that some commanders have stopped tagging up to let these newcomers florish. Its good in theory but no one is there actually helping them learn.

I would think the vet commanders would try to give them advice but all i see is them not tagging up and effectively letting the newer commanders run around blindly. We have multiple commanders tagged up within like 10 feet of each other frequently. Its just unorganized. If you have to suppress the kitten out of some commanders then get to suppressing. Im seeing more and more people avoiding EB just because of the sad state of our commanders in there. We have dropped 2 ranks, lost a match last week that could have easily been won. The ranking system is just kittened anyway so in matches like these we lose rank for fighting a server 9 ranks above us. Its obvious you are aware of the problem and im not blaming you or other commanders for our disorganization because it is a community problem. Im just trying to point out that we have to get it together on mutple fronts. I mean before i wrote the SF recruitment post we hadnt had one in how long?

in Match-ups

Posted by: losieight.4807

losieight.4807

If you guys are as good as you say you are why not try to fight back instead of rolling over like dog I supposedly killed

Maybe you should come to YB windmill tonight, where your numbers can’t help you c;

Also, I would like to see Yaks roamers tonight since I haven’t had the chance of fighting any yet 1v1.

Edit: Forgot to put time, It usually starts around 5-6 pm server time

Died with Basic [BS]

(edited by losieight.4807)

in Match-ups

clint.5681

Post the server time so people know when to come

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

Yes they have trainings, but the people who need them dont know about them. its not like there is someone in LA or even in EB periodically letting people know about them. I noticed awhile ago that some commanders have stopped tagging up to let these newcomers florish. Its good in theory but no one is there actually helping them learn.

I would think the vet commanders would try to give them advice but all i see is them not tagging up and effectively letting the newer commanders run around blindly. We have multiple commanders tagged up within like 10 feet of each other frequently. Its just unorganized. If you have to suppress the kitten out of some commanders then get to suppressing. Im seeing more and more people avoiding EB just because of the sad state of our commanders in there. We have dropped 2 ranks, lost a match last week that could have easily been won. The ranking system is just kittened anyway so in matches like these we lose rank for fighting a server 9 ranks above us. Its obvious you are aware of the problem and im not blaming you or other commanders for our disorganization because it is a community problem. Im just trying to point out that we have to get it together on mutple fronts. I mean before i wrote the SF recruitment post we hadnt had one in how long?

I think you make some very good points, and the people who coordinate those things read these forums, so they will likely see your suggestions…But I will also pass those along tonight.

I personally do not do much “teaching” to the newer commanders because in the past it has been a good way of just catching criticism…Probably not a good reason, but at the end of the day I just (personally) got tired of all the nonsense.

But you are right, myself and some others have probably taken the wrong route in dealing with some of it. I had gotten the point where I was only tagging up in the matches like this because I knew none of the newer/fairweather commanders would likely be doing so because it is pretty tough sledding, and truth be told I have slacked off of even that. (I am speaking about myself not because I think I am “good” just that is the only person I can speak for).

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

ptitminou.6489

I think you make some very good points, and the people who coordinate those things read these forums, so they will likely see your suggestions…But I will also pass those along tonight.

I personally do not do much “teaching” to the newer commanders because in the past it has been a good way of just catching criticism…Probably not a good reason, but at the end of the day I just (personally) got tired of all the nonsense.

But you are right, myself and some others have probably taken the wrong route in dealing with some of it. I had gotten the point where I was only tagging up in the matches like this because I knew none of the newer/fairweather commanders would likely be doing so because it is pretty tough sledding, and truth be told I have slacked off of even that. (I am speaking about myself not because I think I am “good” just that is the only person I can speak for).

All I remember was the wave of insults that came from offering commanders free leadership/commanding courses for WvW as well as basics on usual tactics. People know it all, but when a commander calls for something, only 1 or 2 play properly.

in Match-ups

clint.5681

Words of wisdom

Oh i understand, some of these newcomers and their groupies can be very annoying, Ive gotten a lot of criticism trying to help them. Thankfully my amazing fan army(Like TehFoe and Vumol) tends to back me up, but i avoid EB unless i know an acceptable commander is on.
@Ptitminou I know that feel

in Match-ups

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

So to the Sadrows Furnace / ErrorRun TehRace players QQing about how we have soo many more players than you i would just like to let you know that if your server wasn’t terrible you would have better numbers. But i guess the smart ones left when they saw you failing horribly with your PvD tactics. I hope you guys had fun getting completely smashed this week, I know that i sure didn’t have any fun rolling over you. The two highlights of my week were 1. When we literally owned everything (that was a nice 695 tick) and 2. Just today chasing one of your ET commanders, a guard no less, from the north gate of hills to almost the south gate finally shooting him off the cliff much to my dismay didn’t kill him so i had to jump my tiny asuran kitten off on-top of him (mind you ranger not mes so don’t try to pull the i was glitched to all hell and back cuz that’s not gunna happen) killed him with a great sword, was going to just walk away and let him respawn but nooo you guys sent an uplevel ele to try to res him, I felt bad for killing them as well, But i won’t just play my side of the story because it has quite a sad ending as you had to throw 2 thieves and an actually 80 ele to kill me so yeah well played.

Think we care? Our WvW crews realized how pointless it would be to fight Yak’s Bend because even though we can pretty much wipe your 40 man zergs, you manage to put at least 80 people per BL and EB, so what’s the point of even trying to hold something when you’re just gonna swoop in behind us to steal that tower? Instead, we let you guys waste your time all this week and let yourselves stroke your own ego. Tomorrow, I’m expecting at least half of your guys to be absent and the story to be a whole lot different. Enjoy it while it lasts!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

All I remember was the wave of insults that came from offering commanders free leadership/commanding courses for WvW as well as basics on usual tactics. People know it all, but when a commander calls for something, only 1 or 2 play properly.

And what is playing properly? From the tone in your comments I am assuming YOUR way is the proper way, but I think it would help everyone if you would explain what proper play is.

You accuse others of being know-it-alls but if you were objective and read your comments and tone on this thread, you are one of those same types of people you accuse.

If you have been on SF long and know any of our core WvW folks, you would know we are always trying to improve our WvW skills. So if you come into it with good faith we would respond in kind. Come at us with disrespect, well, you will get the same disrespect you give.

How about instead of the passive-aggressive posts on the GW2 forums, you come onto our server’s forums and have a positive dialog explaining what you would like to do and how you would like to do it. I am an officer in our server’s training guild and would love for you and your guys to come show us how to improve our communications and strategy. We hold our training sessions Monday nights and have had many commanders and non-commanders (even those not in the training guild) teach us different strategies and communication ideas. And if you are running the training that night you could even get those people into your VoIP to see how it operates.

What it comes down to is this. No matter what VoIP or forums we use, everyone on SF would benefit from everyone at least TRYING to get along. At this point I really do NOT care about the finger pointing about who started what and who was responsible for any insults hurtled from any direction. What we all should care about is finding some way to work together. If that means separate VoIP for separate groups, then so be it. That is fine as long as we agree to try to work together. The rest will all fall into place as long as we try.

All of us want our server to improve and compete in the Bronze League. In the end, we all want the same result, we just differ on how to get there. If we can all just be mature (please understand, I am talking about everyone, not pointing fingers at anyone here) and keep the fact in mind that we all want the same end result, we can get this done. It won’t be smooth, changing things and getting people to see better ways never is easy. So let us work together to make it as smooth and easy as it can/could be. I am more than willing to meet with you in game and run with you and learn the things you are trying to teach.

Cantar Soulfyre-Norn W|Canter Soulfyre-Human G|Cantirus Foghorn – Charr R
Born and raised in Sorrow’s Furnace – WvWvWest Coast Squad
“All hail the mighty Flame Ram!!!” – said by Someone Somewhere at Sometime

in Match-ups

Posted by: Runamok.9638

Runamok.9638

And what is playing properly? From the tone in your comments I am assuming YOUR way is the proper way, but I think it would help everyone if you would explain what proper play is.

You accuse others of being know-it-alls but if you were objective and read your comments and tone on this thread, you are one of those same types of people you accuse.

If you have been on SF long and know any of our core WvW folks, you would know we are always trying to improve our WvW skills. So if you come into it with good faith we would respond in kind. Come at us with disrespect, well, you will get the same disrespect you give.

How about instead of the passive-aggressive posts on the GW2 forums, you come onto our server’s forums and have a positive dialog explaining what you would like to do and how you would like to do it. I am an officer in our server’s training guild and would love for you and your guys to come show us how to improve our communications and strategy. We hold our training sessions Monday nights and have had many commanders and non-commanders (even those not in the training guild) teach us different strategies and communication ideas. And if you are running the training that night you could even get those people into your VoIP to see how it operates.

What it comes down to is this. No matter what VoIP or forums we use, everyone on SF would benefit from everyone at least TRYING to get along. At this point I really do NOT care about the finger pointing about who started what and who was responsible for any insults hurtled from any direction. What we all should care about is finding some way to work together. If that means separate VoIP for separate groups, then so be it. That is fine as long as we agree to try to work together. The rest will all fall into place as long as we try.

All of us want our server to improve and compete in the Bronze League. In the end, we all want the same result, we just differ on how to get there. If we can all just be mature (please understand, I am talking about everyone, not pointing fingers at anyone here) and keep the fact in mind that we all want the same end result, we can get this done. It won’t be smooth, changing things and getting people to see better ways never is easy. So let us work together to make it as smooth and easy as it can/could be. I am more than willing to meet with you in game and run with you and learn the things you are trying to teach.

Just transfer on over to ET. We all get along like gangbusters, no drama lamas up in here, and we all use a common TS. Our common TS has saved us soooooooooooooo many times. I cannot ever imagine going back to a fractured server voice coms setup ever again. I promise only to troll you minimally on TS and /map.

Edit: Ohhh and we have lots and lots and lots of very gorgeous ladies. Seriesly we have the most hot ladies of any server in GW2.

One Angry Brotha — Stafro Elementalist
Once in a While Mediocre Commander
#ETSummer2014BandWagon

(edited by Runamok.9638)