10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: idealiste.4953

idealiste.4953

Its hilarious that people from Mag and BP come to this thread to troll SBI. Let it go already lol.

Wish I had more time to play this week grrr..

Keep up the good fights!

Jyeoi Yulo – Ace Follower Since Mia MIA – SoR

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Phedre Scion.1520

Phedre Scion.1520

I wish jq would go back to their own thread. Personally I find the sor people as classier a nd less condescending.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: VitaminK.2517

VitaminK.2517

In the case of coverage, until recently SOR had the best NA—JQ is now possibly on equal footing—and still maintains the best EU coverage hands down. JQ does not have a large, organized EU presence. In fact, we have no large EU guild like Iron or Coin, and SOR should be able to capitalize on that fact to gain back any ppt lost during JQ’s strong SEA coverage. SOR’s loss of ppt during EU last week had less to do with JQ’s superior EU coverage and more more to do with SOR’s mismanaged priorities and JQ’s SEA pulling overtime.

Also, SOR is not the underdog now nor have they been for quite some time. A few months ago Ward and Aco decided to move to SOR during a difficult time for JQ — a time in which JQ was definitely the underdog and precariously close to falling to T2 due to lack of NA and EU coverage — not because they wanted to move to an underdog server. No No No. They moved to SOR precisely because SOR had superior EU and NA coverage, and some members of WARD/Aco wanted someone to play with during the EU timezone. Thus the claim “SOR has always been the underdog” is definitely inaccurate at best.

As for blobbing, I’ve spoken with a few PRX that characterize the play style of SOR as closest to that of Vizunah. JQ is undoubtedly more willing to split up teams to hit multiple objectives on a map.

I think Coverage is a case on its own. Especially when IRON joined SoR there were many posts claiming their strength to be 50+ players and that wasnt true. Also your game experience differs when playing in different time zones and i can tell you, as being an european player, i also saw similarities between Vizunah and JQ back in the day when ATM ran mega blobs.

Thus i see your point but you can’t speak of half truth informations and exaggerations by SoR Players. Also don´t use words like “undoubtedly”. Afaik Good Old Days left JQ because there were long queues during EU prime. But that is just what i heard so it might be untrue.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Minoru.1237

Minoru.1237

I think Good Old Days left because they were bored.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

In the case of coverage, until recently SOR had the best NA—JQ is now possibly on equal footing—and still maintains the best EU coverage hands down. JQ does not have a large, organized EU presence. In fact, we have no large EU guild like Iron or Coin, and SOR should be able to capitalize on that fact to gain back any ppt lost during JQ’s strong SEA coverage. SOR’s loss of ppt during EU last week had less to do with JQ’s superior EU coverage and more more to do with SOR’s mismanaged priorities and JQ’s SEA pulling overtime.

Also, SOR is not the underdog now nor have they been for quite some time. A few months ago Ward and Aco decided to move to SOR during a difficult time for JQ — a time in which JQ was definitely the underdog and precariously close to falling to T2 due to lack of NA and EU coverage — not because they wanted to move to an underdog server. No No No. They moved to SOR precisely because SOR had superior EU and NA coverage, and some members of WARD/Aco wanted someone to play with during the EU timezone. Thus the claim “SOR has always been the underdog” is definitely inaccurate at best.

As for blobbing, I’ve spoken with a few PRX that characterize the play style of SOR as closest to that of Vizunah. JQ is undoubtedly more willing to split up teams to hit multiple objectives on a map.

I think Coverage is a case on its own. Especially when IRON joined SoR there were many posts claiming their strength to be 50+ players and that wasnt true. Also your game experience differs when playing in different time zones and i can tell you, as being an european player, i also saw similarities between Vizunah and JQ back in the day when ATM ran mega blobs.

Thus i see your point but you can’t speak of half truth informations and exaggerations by SoR Players. Also don´t use words like “undoubtedly”. Afaik Good Old Days left JQ because there were long queues during EU prime. But that is just what i heard so it might be untrue.

ATM still runs mega blobs fyi

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

ATM still runs mega blobs fyi

They sure do.

Key to Tier 1 is North American non primetime coverage when everyone is asleep. Some of the players still speak about SOR’s NA, while SOR is undoubtedly strong they are playing during NA primetime hours so they will never have the advantage of PvDooring for hours on end like SEA and Oceanics are capable of doing.

Everyone at present knows JQ is stacked to the gills as they heavily recruited off shift coverage. BG vs JQ was around 2k difference before BG NA went to bed, now JQ has increased that margin to over 10k literally overnight as their SEA and Oceanics took a foothold on the map smashing down doors and bum rushing empty structures, haha.

(edited by scootshoot.6583)

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jet.4795

Jet.4795

To clarify a little, GD didn’t leave because of ques we are lucky if we got a que but they left because the were bored as stated above by someone.

However I do think with GD leaving (even though I loved running with them). Helped balance things out a little bit better. Not saying everything is balanced but it also helped a little.

Ben Sheets Reborn
Phoenixes Reborn [PR] Commander
“Never give up till the last man is down!”

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: renmei.3102

renmei.3102

<snip>

SOR’s history is a long list of mostly second and third place which is where the underdog status comes from, it isn’t our fault BG and JQ take turns imploding. Like I said, stability. As for transfers, small guilds come and go but SOR has never had to deal with anything on the level of ATM or MERC switching sides.

(edited by renmei.3102)

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

How are you going to compete against JQ then?

shrug SOR has always been the smallest of the 3 T1 servers population-wise. We are the least 1st place finishing and the most stable T1 server with no real server booms or implosions/drama. We don’t get too many bandwagoners (thankfully, they’re mostly PPT stomping bait) and no major wvw guilds transferring off.

Well put. SOR is the most stable amongst BG and JQ. As an example, SOR’s recruitment thread “Meet Sanctum of Ralls army”. SOR doesn’t hide the fact we have the least coverage of the 3 so people who transfer in know exactly what they in for, underdog role and lots of fights.

Blackgate recruitment post on the other hand states, “Blackgate, ranked tier 1 in North American WvW,”, so the bandwagoners go to that server for that specific goal but I’ll tell you what, when BG can’t meet those claims for weeks on end is when the in fighting and drama starts from the new transfers which can quickly spread.

Regardless you still have the least coverage. JQ literally annihilated SoS. It got to the point where most SoS players didn’t even bother trying to make progress on the map; they just wanted to avoid JQ’s zerg while maintaining a decent cap rate. SoR may be winning, but the margin isn’t anywhere near what JQ did to us. Are you saying that BG is more likely than SoR to beat JQ … ?

It’s not that you faced JQ, it also has to do with the other server. Last week, FA finished last place, and not even close to MAG in our match up. One of the main reasons is because we kept dominating their BL in non prime time, but MAG kept defending their BL, and we couldn’t really make a dent in it. CD is a non factor in that match up, and FA might pull it out this week.

SoS would be doing better, if it wasn’t for Abyss, KT, and some pugs holding hills and the area around it so well last night. At 6 am est time, we still had hills, with only about 4 or 5 people there..

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mirsa.1628

Mirsa.1628

I think Good Old Days left because they were bored.

They left because JQ stacked the server.

[GS] Gun Squad
Guild Master

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: lollasaurus.1457

lollasaurus.1457

Pretty sure GD left because there was no one competent enough to fight them on a regular basis. Believe it or not some people get bored of PvD.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hoots.9564

Hoots.9564

I’ve been seeing a lot of these self-mythologizing SOR posts recently in which the op characterizes SOR as underdogs, lacking coverage, the most stable server, and the server that blobs the least ect. I have to say that all of the above are either unwitting half-truths based on feelings rather than evidence or deliberate falsehoods.

And anyway, you can’t call yourself an underdog server if your server claims at the same time that they “don’t play for ppt.” That’s like an all star hockey team with, say, Wayne Gretsky choosing not to score points and instead fighting in the middle of the rink, leaving their goals wide open for their opponents to score on. You aren’t even a contender if you do that.

Also, SOR has indeed lost some guilds, e.g. MUSA moved to JQ a few weeks ago.

Ultimately, I have nothing against SOR. I just wish some of these SOR posters would stop being so pollyannaish about their server.

Thank you for this novel! So many things in your post I could troll, the sheer amount of tears has however filled my quota for the week, thus leaving your post un-trolled will suffice for me.
“JQ is undoubtedly more willing to split up teams to hit multiple objectives on a map. " <this gave me a good laugh, if only this were true my precious.

[TW]Tempest Wolves

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Krash.9486

Krash.9486

Sor plz go rough on sbi. Show them the power of a non bandwagon server!

You are obliviously new to GW2 WvW. So here is a little history lesson.

SBI was one of the first T1 servers. This was out of the gate not a rise to T1 from transfers. One of our larger WvW guilds (War Machine) decided for their own reason to move to a lower tier server, Kaineng. Clearly Not a bandwagon move on their part, but this is what started Kaineng’s bandwagon.

Anet had also announced the end of free transfers around this same time. The uncertainty of the effect on SBI’s WvW and the fact that we were normally the underdog and out manned even with them. And the pressure of deciding before free transfers ended compelled many more guilds to transfer and it snowballed from there.

Many of SBI’s top guild actually went to SoR. That helped fuel SoR’s rise and SBI’s fall. Similar circumstances had/have resulted in many other top servers falling too…like HoD, IoJ, SoS…and now DB to name a few. SBI had a strong enough WvW community to stop the slide in the mid tier range and solidify there.

The guilds that recently joined SBI did so because the WvW was not good where they were and they wanted to join with others that shared their enjoyment of organized WvW fights. There was NO bandwagon to jump on. All we had to offer was a good WvW community and fun fights. It was not apparent at that time that we would rise significantly in rankings. Now that we have it is certainly possible more will join now that there is a bandwagon to jump on.

So you see by definition the “bandwagon” server would be (And I mean no offense) SoR. Not SBI.

It is just that the few immature trolls on BP and MAG just can’t stand to lose to us. They used to have their way with our after hour doors and their mega unorganized blob zergs and now whine that we use those tactics.

Yes coverage = PPT, but BP and MAG didn’t complain about that when the coverage was on their side…and they chest thumped more than any servers I can think of when they won by PvD.

So now that you know the history maybe you will realize (I speak of the few BP and MAG trolls that are so kitten they are going to stalk us even when we aren’t playing them) that you don’t and never have had cred to speak about what is going on in the upper tiers.

“Go away kid…ya bother me..”

[SBI] Champions of Stormbluff Isle

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ghoulina.2976

Ghoulina.2976

SBI in gold league, this is making my pants happy!

Much love from JQ <3

Do you, by chance, listen to Necromantix?

Yup. Not often I find someone who knows where my name came from.

Mîs: Careful what you say. The moderators are watching, and ignorance is strength.
JQ-80: Mes/Eng/Ele/Thief/Guard/Rang/Nec/War

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: renmei.3102

renmei.3102

This popcorn is delicious~

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Krash.9486

This popcorn is delicious~

Did you bring enough for everybody?!

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

wow… what a matchup. We have all the S’s!

^ this guy gets the credit for discovering their secret matching algorithm… right?

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

i dont get it, shouldnt the maguumbas be cheering on SBI? i mean, if SBI doesnt make gold league, mag is gonna have a rough time facing us almost every single week in silver league…

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

i dont get it, shouldnt the maguumbas be cheering on SBI? i mean, if SBI doesnt make gold league, mag is gonna have a rough time facing us almost every single week in silver league…

Because Mag doesn’t think seal-clubbing is the pinnacle of WvW. Also, gold is between FA, SoS, SBI and Mag. Most of those combinations do not involve Mag and SBI in the same league.

If SBI does get into gold though, we will get to indulge in the inevitable collapse of the biggest bandwagoning server since Kaineng.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kalla.4290

Kalla.4290

Quick everyone, Maguuma is through the outer forum gate and banging on the inner, the gates are at 70%.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Sounds like Mag has a crush on SBI, let em down easy guys.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: JobCreator.1956

JobCreator.1956

So happy I invested in Kleenex last week, gonna make a fortune off Maguuma’s teary-eyed urchins.

The kitten mightier than the sword.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shifty.4985

Shifty.4985

Pretty sure GD left because there was no one competent enough to fight them on a regular basis. Believe it or not some people get bored of PvD.

They left because they had no one to fight when they dropped to t2 for 1 week. but tbh i dont think anyone would want to fight a 60man guild group..

Ex [HB]|[IRON][][RIP][RawR]
The rebirth begins

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Stewie.3549

Stewie.3549

Sad how hard it is to tell the difference between roaming guilds and zerging guilds in this tier. Must be fun to take on 3 people with 15 and call it roaming.

Gungthar[Warrior]/Erndar[Thief/Guardian][Bags]
Stormbluff Isle [Bags]
Bags Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/collectinglootbags

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Miss Firesss.3704

Miss Firesss.3704

SBI in gold league, this is making my pants happy!

Much love from JQ <3

Do you, by chance, listen to Necromantix?

Yup. Not often I find someone who knows where my name came from.

That happens to be my favorite song by them. I saw them live a few years ago, when they opened for Rev. Horton Heat. I enjoyed them more than the main show.

[Abys]

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Miss Firesss.3704

Mag, you are dirtying up our roadway, go back under your bridge.

[Abys]

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Sad how hard it is to tell the difference between roaming guilds and zerging guilds in this tier. Must be fun to take on 3 people with 15 and call it roaming.

We call that small man, or havok. Id just call your 3 “Smaller”.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jeydra.4386

Jeydra.4386

SBI have improved tremendously. They had a small ops team flipping SoS’s towers and camps while a full SoR zerg was trying to take their T3 Valley – that speaks volumes of SBI’s new-found confidence. I like it. SoS has also improved some … I saw other players selflessly place down siege, run supply and get defenses up instead of karma training. It paid off too: after SoR failed to take Valley they came around and knocked on OL, but the siege we placed in advance ensured that we held it. I never saw anything remotely close to this the when we played JQ.

Good job SoS – we’re going lose to SoR and perhaps even SBI, but at least we’re playing to win now.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Mag has issues with letting go. If you hadn’t come along they’d still be posting in the thread from our last match in September.

All things said, SoR is still massive but I’ve always liked SoR. They were second in our guild’s voting when we left our original server and they don’t have to defend their history to the people in this thread.

SBI, you guys have gone and gotten scary again. Hopefully there will be a 4-5-6 match in Gold League so we can see how you measure up to TC. You guys don’t have the skill to beat them (sorry, being honest) but you have the numbers to make it interesting.

If I had to pick a server to pick up numbers (that wasn’t SoS of course LOL) it would be SBI.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Miss Firesss.3704

Even though we’re getting destroyed by SoR, we had a great time last night! Before last week, we were in the same position as them (on DH & SBI), and there was never any chance to work on tactics or anything, because we had everything, and everyone would run when they saw us.
So, in my opinion, this is great for us!

[Abys]

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

To all the SBI & SoS players this week, please don’t take PPT too seriously. WvW is a coverage war, nothing more, nothing less. It was great to see some new faces the other day. Go out and fight against the odds with less numbers, and you’ll have fun. That’s how we did it in T2 way back.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kaspur.3705

Kaspur.3705

When I seen this matchup at work, I can’t lie. I was pretty excited. Got to play a little during oceanic times and the fights were amazing!!! Every corner there’s fights!! Couldn’t be any happier!

-Beef/Sbi

SBI

-Beef

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jet.4795

Jet.4795

Your posts are so delusional that psychiatric evaluation of you is necessary.

Pretty much right on the money, GD left because they did not want to have to PvDoor and have no fights if they did not get SoR or BG.

Ben Sheets Reborn
Phoenixes Reborn [PR] Commander
“Never give up till the last man is down!”

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kiltor.9362

Kiltor.9362

Sor plz go rough on sbi. Show them the power of a non bandwagon server!

You are obliviously new to GW2 WvW. So here is a little history lesson.

SBI was one of the first T1 servers. This was out of the gate not a rise to T1 from transfers. One of our larger WvW guilds (War Machine) decided for their own reason to move to a lower tier server, Kaineng. Clearly Not a bandwagon move on their part, but this is what started Kaineng’s bandwagon.

Anet had also announced the end of free transfers around this same time. The uncertainty of the effect on SBI’s WvW and the fact that we were normally the underdog and out manned even with them. And the pressure of deciding before free transfers ended compelled many more guilds to transfer and it snowballed from there.

Many of SBI’s top guild actually went to SoR. That helped fuel SoR’s rise and SBI’s fall. Similar circumstances had/have resulted in many other top servers falling too…like HoD, IoJ, SoS…and now DB to name a few. SBI had a strong enough WvW community to stop the slide in the mid tier range and solidify there.

The guilds that recently joined SBI did so because the WvW was not good where they were and they wanted to join with others that shared their enjoyment of organized WvW fights. There was NO bandwagon to jump on. All we had to offer was a good WvW community and fun fights. It was not apparent at that time that we would rise significantly in rankings. Now that we have it is certainly possible more will join now that there is a bandwagon to jump on.

So you see by definition the “bandwagon” server would be (And I mean no offense) SoR. Not SBI.

It is just that the few immature trolls on BP and MAG just can’t stand to lose to us. They used to have their way with our after hour doors and their mega unorganized blob zergs and now whine that we use those tactics.

Yes coverage = PPT, but BP and MAG didn’t complain about that when the coverage was on their side…and they chest thumped more than any servers I can think of when they won by PvD.

So now that you know the history maybe you will realize (I speak of the few BP and MAG trolls that are so kitten they are going to stalk us even when we aren’t playing them) that you don’t and never have had cred to speak about what is going on in the upper tiers.

“Go away kid…ya bother me..”

you should read the first line you wrote to yourself. You really have no clue what you are talking about.

Kiltor – [Retribution] –

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: etiolate.9185

etiolate.9185

Huh? What Krash said is pretty much the server’s history. It’s true. I am not sure what you mean Kiltor.

Zed Zebes – SBI Mesmer

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mirsa.1628

Mirsa.1628

Score update

Attachments:

[GS] Gun Squad
Guild Master

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bippity.8631

Bippity.8631

Magummybears can’t just take a loss and move on. Others we’ve stomped in the pass are putting in their 2 cents. In fact, the only trash talk I’ve read so far is coming from people not even in this match-up. Maybe if you dense, shortsighted kids spent more time in WvW rather than forum zergging, those match-ups probably would’ve came closer in PPT. Last I checked, PPT included camps, tower, and keeps, not forum posts. We know how good SoR is and we’re trying to learn and have fun. So far, I’ve noticed a big difference from fighting other servers. You know. The ones trash talking that aren’t in this match-up.
Secondly, SBI is not a “bandwagon” server. Look up the term. We asked the guilds to come over because of coverage issues. That, and the fact that other guilds left. That then led to us wanting to win and learn more. Get better. We didn’t attract any guild here because the bandwagon affect. That’s stating that we were good before those guilds came here. We were actually being beaten a lot, settling for 2nd and sometimes getting last place. So no. SBI is not a bandwagon server. If you feel that way, I’m sorry. Obviously you’re a moron. We recruited each and every guild that eventually came. We have a great, competitive (yet friendly) community that just wants to have fun, learn, and fight to win. That’s it. SoR/SoS, I hope you guys stay humble. I’m actually having a ton of fun and I’m learning a lot. Thank you guys.

Vengeance of the Fallen

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Frosty.8491

Frosty.8491

Late to the forums, but just wanted to tip my hat to all of the SBI kids late, late NA time in SBI BL Hills. That was a hell of a fight!

Out of curiosity, how many golems did you actually have? I think I counted six, but I was mostly running for inner and screaming on TS. :o

IGN: Lyla Frostheart
Legion of Doom [LOD] | www.lodgw.com
Retired

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Skady.5916

Skady.5916

This is funny how this thread has more views and replies than T1 thread

p.s. still too much to read

A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting.
-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Huh? What Krash said is pretty much the server’s history. It’s true. I am not sure what you mean Kiltor.

He probably takes issue with referring to SoR as a bandwagon server, as would most if not all serious players on the server. Also, there’s a decent amount of inaccuracies in the post. The real game changer for SoR was back when TW and a couple of other guilds left JQ to escape the queues and moved to SoR. This move is what pushed SoR into the #5 spot, where they ran into BG and superior coverage for 9 weeks. Then free transfers ended and yes, some SBI moved to SoR but not a ton. SF and Rage for example moved to JQ. A couple guilds went to BG and elsewhere, and of course WM to Kaineng. Even still, SoR needed more than just a couple SBI guilds to get where they are today, and they did over time to their credit.

While the WM transfer is what really opened the floodgates, I would argue that LoD quitting the game had the largest impact on SBI, and set everything in motion. SBI was having to push way to hard after that to compete against JQ and SoS, and it was wearing on them big time. When the end of free transfers was announced, SBI was limping and the WM move ignited a rush for the door.

Wagons come and go. Some push a server to the top for awhile, and some never get over the hump. But in the end, no wagon lasts forever, so there’s really no point in calling them out.

Enjoy your match guys.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

(edited by Liquid.9672)

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: SecondChild.1298

SecondChild.1298

This is funny how this thread has more views and replies than T1 thread

p.s. still too much to read

That’s because this matchup will decide who is joining Gold instead of top of Silver. It is like watching tournament sports game.
btw, personally I was disappointed by the performance of Sos. As for two of little guys we SBI and you need to push SoR together. In that way, all three of us can have better fun. I hope Sos is not tanking the match for easy Silver league.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: etiolate.9185

etiolate.9185

I haven’t run into SoS much. I haven’t run into any of the ex-SBI guilds yet either. I hope to have some scrums with either of those groups this week.

Zed Zebes – SBI Mesmer

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Krash.9486

you should read the first line you wrote to yourself. You really have no clue what you are talking about.

I am curious what you think is inaccurate in my post. If you are taking offense to the term “bandwagon” (I did say no offense intended) then sorry about that…but it was the OP I was responding to calling SBI a “bandwagon” server not me that brought that term into the mix.

That poster said you should show SBI (a bandwagon server) how a non-bandwagon server works. My point was that by their implied definition of “bandwagon” it was more descriptive of SoR than SBI.

There were guilds that transferred to SoR because your stock was rising. The guilds that came to SBI recently did not do so for those reasons…we weren’t rising at the time.

Personally I don’t care why anyone transfers…that is their business. I did not intend to offend SoR but to put a MAG troll in their place for inaccurately labeling SBI as a bandwagon server……

..actually I have a few friends on SoR . I respect SoR’s skill and have enjoyed and learned much from fighting them…..

I can’t say the same for the MAG trolls that follow us in threads even when we are not in a match vs them.

otherwise what I posted is completely accurate from my perspective. Please enlighten me if I am in error in my facts

GL HF

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dieallknow.1387

Dieallknow.1387

hey SOS are you tanking this match or what, SOR gj just what i would expect from you guys accept why you no stay and eat out superior arrowcart fire in our keep in eb lol

[IIII] Playing from Prison
“Lets take the green keep I need the Vista”
“Quit Laughing I need the Vista”

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Krash.9486

He probably takes issue with referring to SoR as a bandwagon server, as would most if not all serious players on the server. Also, there’s a decent amount of inaccuracies in the post. The real game changer for SoR was back when TW and a couple of other guilds left JQ to escape the queues and moved to SoR. This move is what pushed SoR into the #5 spot, where they ran into BG and superior coverage for 9 weeks. Then free transfers ended and yes, some SBI moved to SoR but not a ton. SF and Rage for example moved to JQ. A couple guilds went to BG and elsewhere, and of course WM to Kaineng. Even still, SoR needed more than just a couple SBI guilds to get where they are today, and they did over time to their credit.

While the WM transfer is what really opened the floodgates, I would argue that LoD quitting the game had the largest impact on SBI, and set everything in motion. SBI was having to push way to hard after that to compete against JQ and SoS, and it was wearing on them big time. When the end of free transfers was announced, SBI was limping and the WM move ignited a rush for the door.

Wagons come and go. Some push a server to the top for awhile, and some never get over the hump. But in the end, no wagon lasts forever, so there’s really no point in calling them out.

Enjoy your match guys.

Hmmm…yeah…what you said is so much different from what I said……oO

I didn’t bring the term “bandwagon” into the thread…a mag troll did….I was trying to show how THEIR implied definition of “bandwagon” would not apply to us as much as it would apply to SoR…..again…NOT calling SoR a bandwagon server…..NOT!!

So please, what other inaccuracies do you detect?

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kalla.4290

Kalla.4290

Enjoy your match guys.

Hmmm…yeah…what you said is so much different from what I said……oO

I didn’t bring the term “bandwagon” into the thread…a mag troll did….I was trying to show how THEIR implied definition of “bandwagon” would not apply to us as much as it would apply to SoR…..again…NOT calling SoR a bandwagon server…..NOT!!

So please, what other inaccuracies do you detect?

Don’t get to caught up in details. People of one server may see their history differently than those of another. So mostly Kiltor had issue with some of your version of the history, but it was probably minor and could be explained away at a difference in perspective.

We on SoR didn’t see the SBI guilds as a major server changing factor, but that was probably because we were on the rise and had a system in place but they did come at a time when shortly after we did move into T1, and so SBI people might see that differently. Nothing really to quibble about, merely two different perspectives.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: earendil.1290

earendil.1290

Enjoy your match guys.

LoD left GW2 not SBI. They were awesome but WM was our WvW soul.

And several great asian guilds went for SoR. I won’t name them – they only left at the end so no hard feelings.

Other than that, you were right. So was Krash. We are all bandwagon servers when we win.

Let’s enjoy the fights.

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Miss Firesss.3704

Mag has issues with letting go. If you hadn’t come along they’d still be posting in the thread from our last match in September.

All things said, SoR is still massive but I’ve always liked SoR. They were second in our guild’s voting when we left our original server and they don’t have to defend their history to the people in this thread.

SBI, you guys have gone and gotten scary again. Hopefully there will be a 4-5-6 match in Gold League so we can see how you measure up to TC. You guys don’t have the skill to beat them (sorry, being honest) but you have the numbers to make it interesting.

If I had to pick a server to pick up numbers (that wasn’t SoS of course LOL) it would be SBI.

As I pointed out in a previous post, all of the guilds are on a learning curve at the moment. We in [Abys] are fairly new to SBI (transferred when they were #11), and the only practice we have had lately on DH and SBI (except last week) was steamrolling other servers, which doesn’t take much skill. We are doing better and better every day, and this matchup is a great opportunity for us in that regard.

[Abys]

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Miss Firesss.3704

Late to the forums, but just wanted to tip my hat to all of the SBI kids late, late NA time in SBI BL Hills. That was a hell of a fight!

Out of curiosity, how many golems did you actually have? I think I counted six, but I was mostly running for inner and screaming on TS. :o

I was on another map, but I heard there were 10.

[Abys]

10/11 SoR/SBI/SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

Had some good fights with the sbi zerg on their border. Love the way you guys pop out for a scrap rather than hide behind them walls.

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/