10/18: JQ/SoR/BG (Gold League Round 1)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

The match started with BG and SoR doing the 2v1 against JQ because of Icoa commander making the post about the schedule.

As of yesterday, as I went to every map I saw that we JQ were not attacking BG and only focussing SoR. I asked every commander and they all said the same thing, we aren’t attacking BG, we are attacking SoR only.

Amazingly, somehow BG seemed to be doing the same thing. Guess they were playing both sides and it was time to put that knife in the back of SoR.

Sorry SoR, personally I want everyone to just fight but T1 has become too much about fixing the matches and gaming the system and as of now SoR is the prime target.

With the introduction of the league, this match, and possibly the final match, will be driven a lot my match/score politics. Direction of server focus will change throughout the match depending on the expected outcome and what could be done to change that if anything. This shouldn’t surprise you. JQ obviously decided that it was in their best interest to focus SoR, and it seems that’s what they started doing. BG needs to win this match to have any hope of winning Season 1, so it makes sense to try and keep SoR’s score down as well. However, it’s also preferable if JQ takes 3rd, and with a match this close, anything can happen and the focus could shift again.

Bottom line, go with the flow and don’t get all bent about it.

A cookie for you

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Robot Chocken.7012

Robot Chocken.7012

Really shows how much of a fool you are considering you dont know what goes on in them times

Considering that I’m french, GM of a french WvW only guild, playing every evening (french time ofc)…
Hum…
Really this makes me wonder which one of us is clueless…

Well put.

Wok, Master Asura of [QT]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

A cookie for you

Awesome I love cookies.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

The match started with BG and SoR doing the 2v1 against JQ because of Icoa commander making the post about the schedule.

As of yesterday, as I went to every map I saw that we JQ were not attacking BG and only focussing SoR. I asked every commander and they all said the same thing, we aren’t attacking BG, we are attacking SoR only.

Amazingly, somehow BG seemed to be doing the same thing. Guess they were playing both sides and it was time to put that knife in the back of SoR.

Sorry SoR, personally I want everyone to just fight but T1 has become too much about fixing the matches and gaming the system and as of now SoR is the prime target.

With the introduction of the league, this match, and possibly the final match, will be driven a lot my match/score politics. Direction of server focus will change throughout the match depending on the expected outcome and what could be done to change that if anything. This shouldn’t surprise you. JQ obviously decided that it was in their best interest to focus SoR, and it seems that’s what they started doing. BG needs to win this match to have any hope of winning Season 1, so it makes sense to try and keep SoR’s score down as well. However, it’s also preferable if JQ takes 3rd, and with a match this close, anything can happen and the focus could shift again.

If JQ takes 2nd, I think they will be sitting in a really good spot to win the league. I just don’t think BG beats SoR 1v1 in the next 5 (?) matchups.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

What’s funny is yesterday’s obvious coordinated 2 v 1 against SoR may end up biting BG in the butt. JQ has enough time to overtake SoR and one big push by JQ during peak times can put them at the top, which pretty much wins the league for JQ.

I understand BG wants to keep SoR from beating them in week 1, but the priority should be keeping JQ in 3rd place. BG helping JQ get to 2nd doesn’t help BG at all.

edit: Meanwhile JQ’s priority should be taking PPT away from whoever is in the lead

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

(edited by Vol.5241)

in Match-ups

Robot Chocken.7012

If JQ takes 2nd, I think they will be sitting in a really good spot to win the league. I just don’t think BG beats SoR 1v1 in the next 5 (?) matchups.

IMO SoR is the strongest server out of the 3 it would be a huge challenge.

in Match-ups

Burl.9567

I honestly don’t know. I have a feeling JQ and SoR are right there with each other. Wish we had a 1v1 this to find out, sadly ANet didn’t oblige at all during this league.

in Match-ups

Posted by: celeron.3469

celeron.3469

I understand BG wants to keep SoR from beating them in week 1, but the priority should be keeping JQ in 3rd place. BG helping JQ get to 2nd doesn’t help BG at all.

I would agree with this, but only because this means we (JQ and BG) could tie for 2nd and I think that outcome is interesting. To be honest with you, I don’t believe BG has a chance at winning either way.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zigman.7950

Zigman.7950

Why are you all kittening about a 2v1? It happens every match. BG gets 2v1ed quite a bit, and we deal with it. Quit acting like a 2v1 is unfair, playing other servers against each other is normal in any kind of 1v1v1 free for all, whether it be sports or war.

[ICoa] Zigoak – Blackgate Sylvari Thief
“Could the spy in this channel tell your buddies to stop running away?
It makes my bags get all spread around.”

in Match-ups

Posted by: tokila.5324

tokila.5324

I was in Hills BG BL last night an I must say, while the double team was annoying I have never taken part in such a feast of loot bags. I was there from 7pm EST to around 12am and must have raked in over 300+ bags, I did not even have to chase down groups the bags just came to us, yes we did wipe OnS a few times near NE camp but for the most part the slaughter took place in Hills. I give credit to BG and JQ for persistence, but was it really worth it? And was that fun for you? I logged before it fell and am curious how long it lasted.

Heliouse D Villefort
MAGUUMA

in Match-ups

Posted by: HoukaKetsueki.6924

HoukaKetsueki.6924

Great fights all around in SEA time, enjoyed doing havoc in BG BL(Except for the LAG). Really tight matchup.

Koko Puffz / Kokoro Chan
Coerce[LOLI]
Tarnished Coast Asian Roamer

(edited by HoukaKetsueki.6924)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

Not a chance. We’ll be happy to beat BG 4 out of the next 6 weeks.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

in Match-ups

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

Why are you all kittening about a 2v1? It happens every match

It’s their way of saying “Waaaah I died waaaaaaah.”

in Match-ups

Tyaen.5148

I honestly don’t know. I have a feeling JQ and SoR are right there with each other. Wish we had a 1v1 this to find out, sadly ANet didn’t oblige at all during this league.

It would have been interesting had there been a JQ/SoR/(Maguuma or SoS)

in Match-ups

celeron.3469

What’s wrong with week 6?
https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/112401/NA_1-6.png

in Match-ups

Tyaen.5148

What’s wrong with week 6?
https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/112401/NA_1-6.png

TC has a large enough population to affect the outcome. SoS and Maguuma don’t.

in Match-ups

celeron.3469

I don’t really see it being that much of a problem. TC has lost a lot of guilds, today I heard they lost a NA guild to SoS, though I don’t know how accurate that is so I’m not naming the guild.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avenge.1478

Avenge.1478

I was in Hills BG BL last night an I must say, while the double team was annoying I have never taken part in such a feast of loot bags. I was there from 7pm EST to around 12am and must have raked in over 300+ bags, I did not even have to chase down groups the bags just came to us, yes we did wipe OnS a few times near NE camp but for the most part the slaughter took place in Hills. I give credit to BG and JQ for persistence, but was it really worth it? And was that fun for you? I logged before it fell and am curious how long it lasted.

I logged off from commanding around 12:30 AM EST. I think I checked MOS before I went to bed at 1:30 AM and it had just fallen. Can’t be ashamed of a 6.5 hours constant double team. Must have had to clear out my inventory about 10-12 times from all of the loot.

~ [DN] Digital Nemesis ~ Tarnished Coast ~
Commander Guardian of Rall :: Norn Guardian
Commander Getting Hammered :: Charr Warrior

in Match-ups

Tyaen.5148

I don’t really see it being that much of a problem. TC has lost a lot of guilds, today I heard they lost a NA guild to SoS, though I don’t know how accurate that is so I’m not naming the guild.

In the past we have seen that matchup, and while TC is no threat to win, they can put pressure on at specific times. [EP] is really good when they are on the map. Whether that has changed or not remains to be seen, but looking at the 4-6 score right now, it appears to still be the case.

Maguuma or SoS (no offense to either server, you don’t have the coverage) would at this point most likely represent the closest approximation to a 1v1. For instance week 5 will probably give the best indication of how BG stacks up 1v1 against JQ.

in Match-ups

Posted by: MaLeVoLenT.8129

MaLeVoLenT.8129

Yes it was worth it. Not only did you get lots of bags but we did too. By the end of the night we were able to break that waypoint. The same one that hasn’t been broken all match up. It went on till 3am EST.

~The Mad Court~ [OnS]Onslaught GM
Malevolent Omen -Guardian
Mad King Mal -Rev

in Match-ups

Robot Chocken.7012

I totally agree. I think heads up SoR vs JQ is the best match. Unless we pull a hail mary I think you will still have us by a bit though.

in Match-ups

Posted by: RobF.5864

RobF.5864

OOooh JQ in Bay Lords Room and BG standing on the portal for them….despite having a blob each. Awww bless em. Cosy.

They did the same thing last night. Fighting like kittens.

And JQ did the same thing to us to help SOR cap bay last night during NA in SoR BL… but please, keep complaining about something that every server has done to kill a WP…

Im not complaining – I just thought it was funny. Each server had a blob and outnumbered us hugely and they still needed both of them to take it……../shrug.

in Match-ups

Posted by: SleepingDragon.1596

SleepingDragon.1596

Omen are dedicated as hell and awesome people. I can’t say enough good things about them

Isn’t that the guild that leaves the server when they are expected to implode? Two servers comes to mind already…

-S o S-

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

The intensity and the close PPT of this matchup is driving me nuts! :P

About 29-30hrs to go! Hnn

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

SoR is leaking PPT

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

SoR is leaking PPT

There was some guy with a commander tag on auto run in a corner wall of EB soaking up queues for a good half hour earlier. Guaranteed he’ll transfer off if SOR finishes 3rd this week which is always a good thing.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Botinhas.2018

Botinhas.2018

Why are you all kittening about a 2v1? It happens every match. BG gets 2v1ed quite a bit, and we deal with it. Quit acting like a 2v1 is unfair, playing other servers against each other is normal in any kind of 1v1v1 free for all, whether it be sports or war.

Why do people lie? Since day 1 of leagues BG has never been 2v1, quite the contrary, he always 2v1 with the other server, which is making them win this week and get JQ to 2nd place, making them winners of this league.

About the IRON blob + FEAR blob + WIC blob, dude, learn to count, when we started it was IRON 30-32 + some randoms (never had a queue to that bdl btw) and by the end when FEAR blob (30ish) came into play, there was 3 IRON left, so congrats, you just earned yourself an invitation to go back to 2nd grade. Cut the excuses, just go to the battlefield and die…

Thank you, come again

in Match-ups

Posted by: donfoe.9576

donfoe.9576

i act solely under my own duress. i am part of NO guild on ANY server.

in Match-ups

Posted by: MaLeVoLenT.8129

MaLeVoLenT.8129

Why do people lie? Since day 1 of leagues BG has never been 2v1, quite the contrary, he always 2v1 with the other server, which is making them win this week and get JQ to 2nd place, making them winners of this league.

About the IRON blob + FEAR blob + WIC blob, dude, learn to count, when we started it was IRON 30-32 + some randoms (never had a queue to that bdl btw) and by the end when FEAR blob (30ish) came into play, there was 3 IRON left, so congrats, you just earned yourself an invitation to go back to 2nd grade. Cut the excuses, just go to the battlefield and die…

Thank you, come again

BG got 2v1ed 3 days out of the week so far on BG BL. During NA prime time.

~The Mad Court~ [OnS]Onslaught GM
Malevolent Omen -Guardian
Mad King Mal -Rev

in Match-ups

Liquid.9672

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/members/DonFoe-9604/showposts

[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

We’ve had the map chat trolls as well. The TS trolls. The TS ddos. The TS exploiters. You name it, we’ve had it this week. From what I understand, SoR has as well. I sympathize, as it sucks.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Brutus.5732

Brutus.5732

And JQ did the same thing to us to help SOR cap bay last night during NA in SoR BL… but please, keep complaining about something that every server has done to kill a WP…

2v1 in JQ BL started in early EU timezone, when bay was T2 without WP, so cut this crap please.

Been defending bay for 9h straight then i logged. Thanks for all the bags.

PS. To the JQ blob that was playing druing EU in JQ BL: It’s not polite to knock the door and as soon as the householder open the gate and welcome you warmly you run like a kitten chickens. Next time at least stay for a dinner.

Lets see… complaint about 2v1, thanks for all the bags comments, yeah gonna put this up as a typical forum warrior post. But good job completely missing the point that all servers have done what Brutus was complaining about, which was the only point of my post.

I’m not complaining about the 2v1. It may be a kitten way to fight but there are plenty of kittens out there.

My complaint is if you 2v1 don’t then pretend you are not a kitten and start spouting off about the great fights and how great and honorable everyone is. Its the same reaction I have to people ganking solos that get caught by a zerg and then /sit or /laugh. Congratulations, really….

in Match-ups

Posted by: Botinhas.2018

Botinhas.2018

It’s easy to through acusations. Let’s start everyone.
Step 1. Pick a troll

Step 2. Have some1 whisp you that he admitted to be part of a guild in another server

Step 3. Take a print and post in the forum.

There you go, i accuse you of being a BG spy

in Match-ups

Burl.9567

….and you’d like us to do what?

in Match-ups

donfoe.9576

i have no idea who that is. someone else named DON FOE i guess.

in Match-ups

Posted by: thatmaskedman.4508

thatmaskedman.4508

FEAR classing up the joint like usual.

[REV] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Liquid.9672

….and you’d like us to do what?

Nothing man. These types are on every server. It’s just part of the game sometimes.

[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

2v1 in JQ BL started in early EU timezone, when bay was T2 without WP, so cut this crap please.

Been defending bay for 9h straight then i logged. Thanks for all the bags.

PS. To the JQ blob that was playing druing EU in JQ BL: It’s not polite to knock the door and as soon as the householder open the gate and welcome you warmly you run like a kitten chickens. Next time at least stay for a dinner.

Lets see… complaint about 2v1, thanks for all the bags comments, yeah gonna put this up as a typical forum warrior post. But good job completely missing the point that all servers have done what Brutus was complaining about, which was the only point of my post.

I’m not complaining about the 2v1. It may be a kitten way to fight but there are plenty of kittens out there.

My complaint is if you 2v1 don’t then pretend you are not a kitten and start spouting off about the great fights and how great and honorable everyone is. Its the same reaction I have to people ganking solos that get caught by a zerg and then /sit or /laugh. Congratulations, really….

Then don’t complain when your server does the same exact thing? We complained about it last night on TS, but we also said we knew it was because you both wanted it paper, which makes sense and we moved on and eventually re-capped it later.

Honestly, there is no such thing as honor when it comes to WvW because the best way to take things is to stab somebody in the back or kick them when they are down. The only time I will ever mention great fights or “honor” is when we get some good open field fights of the same size. Keep fights are never going to fall into that domain

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Otay Ranchero.5487

Otay Ranchero.5487

It’s just something I personally haven’t dealt with before, I suppose. It’s unnerving to have an active spy reading our mapchat with the overt intention of relaying information back to the spy’s home server. As a player who actively uses mapchat, I’ll have to toughen up my sensibilities and find a way to work around it.

Ellacious Dee
Veiling lootbags since Kurthos’ disappearance

in Match-ups

donfoe.9576

It’s just something I personally haven’t dealt with before, I suppose. It’s unnerving to have an active spy reading our mapchat with the overt intention of relaying information back to the spy’s home server. As a player who actively uses mapchat, I’ll have to toughen up my sensibilities and find a way to work around it.

turnabout is fair play.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Its odd to win so many big fights and see ppt go backwards.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in Match-ups

Brutus.5732

Honestly, there is no such thing as honor when it comes to WvW because the best way to take things is to stab somebody in the back or kick them when they are down. The only time I will ever mention great fights or “honor” is when we get some good open field fights of the same size. Keep fights are never going to fall into that domain

There is plenty of honor in WvW, I see it most days.

in Match-ups

Posted by: TheBlackHand.2089

TheBlackHand.2089

Today I got to see something new. Some BG dropping siege for a fort, drop the wall, and wait a good ten minutes for the JQ zerg to come in to cap it. You all can deny all of the claims of cooperation you want, but you’re not fooling anyone. It just delights me to know that the rest of our league will be spent trolling BG for it. Yeah, we might not outscore JQ in the end, but BG is probably going to account delete by time we’re done with them.

Sincerely,
SOR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cuddlepie.8109

Cuddlepie.8109

“act solely under my own duress” ….

You play video games almost exclusively I take it?

in Match-ups

Brutus.5732

Hey guys, Blackgate player here, we’re dealing with a nasty troll in BGBL today, account name: donfoe.9576 who appears to be an agent of SoR. Anyone want to confirm/disavow? He’s spamming our mapchat with anti-BG drivel and taunting. I guess all is fair in love and war, but sending an agent to troll us is pretty lowbrow. Here is a sample chatbox:

Seriously, spamming, How are you able to continue functioning at all under those conditions.

SOR has opened up a whole new front with our psyops team.

boss, bravo gamma sector secure. delta foxtrot holding radio silence.

Whining about spamming is weak, spamming is weaker.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

I’m not surprised at all that BG and JQ decided to double team SoR. It would be great if wvw was actually 1v1. Because 2v1 happens much too often. I find it odd that there is even a tournament structure for a three way fight. Its impossible to tell which server is the clear winner when at any time one of them can get 2v1ed.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in Match-ups

Posted by: renmei.3102

renmei.3102

Does this mean SOR gets to play spoiler from now on? The upcoming 1 vs 1 fights are gonna be a lot more interesting from now on

in Match-ups

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Today I got to see something new. Some BG dropping siege for a fort, drop the wall, and wait a good ten minutes for the JQ zerg to come in to cap it. You all can deny all of the claims of cooperation you want, but you’re not fooling anyone. It just delights me to know that the rest of our league will be spent trolling BG for it. Yeah, we might not outscore JQ in the end, but BG is probably going to account delete by time we’re done with them.

Sincerely,
SOR

You do realize that almost nobody on BG wants SOR to be beaten by JQ this week right? We are actually looking at how we can keep you on top of them. If JQ wins or even comes second this week, its a very bad scenario for both BG and SOR.

in Match-ups

donfoe.9576

Hey guys, Blackgate player here, we’re dealing with a nasty troll in BGBL today, account name: donfoe.9576 who appears to be an agent of SoR. Anyone want to confirm/disavow? He’s spamming our mapchat with anti-BG drivel and taunting. I guess all is fair in love and war, but sending an agent to troll us is pretty lowbrow. Here is a sample chatbox:

Seriously, spamming, How are you able to continue functioning at all under those conditions.

SOR has opened up a whole new front with our psyops team.

boss, bravo gamma sector secure. delta foxtrot holding radio silence.

Whining about spamming is weak, spamming is weaker.

i love the way people think talking in chat is spamming. i in no way flooded their chat. i was simply talking to people. when no one was talking to me, i wasn’t speaking. they cry about us using some of the same tactics they use. that is where i get my jollies. i love the fact that it really bothers them to know they have someone in their chat that “isn’t supposed” to be in there. regardless, i will continue to play as i do. no one(other than the Anet gods) will influence they way i play otherwise.

in Match-ups

celeron.3469

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/33/

Oct 22nd.

I’m curious why people lie as well.

it doesn’t even matter, you are wasting your energy worrying, this entire league means nothing.