10/25: SoR/BG/TC (Gold League Round 2)

in Match-ups

Posted by: kanderous.7512

kanderous.7512

Blackgate roamers love to chase, that’s one thing for sure.

It’s like, they see someone trying to get from spawn to their main force, they’d chase all the way to north camp.

Is it persistence or desperation?

“I was literally double fisting water and soymilk into my mouth” ~ Tytos Hill

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

It’s like, they see someone trying to get from spawn to their main force, they’d chase all the way to north camp.

my guess is they aren’t getting many bags so any little morsel is welcome

How I wish I was in this match up right now….

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Smokee.1754

Smokee.1754

BG getting destroyed.

I think it’s about time BG start to implement plans to temporarily transfer BG guilds to JQ during the JQ/SoR match-up

Why would we transfer to a server with 24/7 queues on all 4 maps?

I enjoy knowing that I can log on no matter what day, or what time of the day it is, and be able to form up my 15-20 guys without a q.

Also most of our oce coverage already left for JQ, half of our SEA left last week, we dont have any EST guilds, so Im not really sure what guilds it is you want to move? Sure we could move ovef some EU guilds, but im sure theyd rather spend a few weeks back on the EU servers.

The only time bg have queues is in PST and that is because of the achievemebt hunters.

[HB] Herfolge Boldklub – Competitive online gaming since 2001
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5l_0BX0TrarJeOLpDXAFTLtiCkygRtC
Nominated “Internet tough guy” 2013 by Tarkus

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nikola.3841

Nikola.3841

BG getting destroyed.

I think it’s about time BG start to implement plans to temporarily transfer BG guilds to JQ during the JQ/SoR match-up

Its not a fair match since IRON recruited that telepath, anyway

in Match-ups

Posted by: Starscream.7803

Starscream.7803

Would like to thank both of our opponents on BG BL for the fights. Some really good fights with TC and the centaurs. To the BG players, are you all speed hacking as you can run faster than the centaurs.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mirsa.1628

Mirsa.1628

Let me put it another way – trying to get back to my guild and help them with a tower defence or open field battle is more important than spending five minutes trying to stay alive against players primarily built to kill me.

If I die fast I respawn fast so I get to my guild fast…….unless I meet roamers again ofc ;P

I know its hard to believe but fighting against roamers comes pretty down on my list of priorities.

I never said it was supposed to be your priority. It’s just really silly when you want to get back to a PPT objective, but we kill you and gain PPT for our server, and you didn’t even try to stop us. We still get PPT for stomps after all, its much lower than it was (sadly), but the free kills we get really add up… and those kills really shouldn’t be free.

A lot of the time, we end up camping a spawn just so people like that will fight us (because they have a group).

The other flip side of that coin (seeing as you brought PPT into the discussion) is while we are taking a tower, keep or even a camp, doesnt it seem a bit silly to just spawn camp or whatever it is you are doing to find your battles when you could be helping your server mates defend a objective?

Its silly that you want to fight but wont go to where we are fighting, you would rather wander in hope of finding some one instead of going to where you know definite action is. If your server mates are losing that defense, you are helping us gain those free kills you hate so much.

This was an argument we use to face against our fellow guilds back in the day, but this proves that many don’t understand the roaming philosophy.

Spawn camping does help because the following happens:

1) We kill you so there is less of you in your zerg for our zerg to fight.
2) It will demoralize people trying to get back to their zerg, especially pugs.
3) Usually most get fed up and group up trying to push out and actually give us what we want which is a good fight.
4) In some cases, we jump a commander trying to get back and we see the entire zerg go back to their WP to group up taking you off the battlefield for a couple of minutes.

They are small contributions compared to what we can do for holding bloodlust, but it is effective.

As for joining the zerg fight, sorry not going to happen. I have better uses of my time than joining a lagfest spamming 1 1 1 1 1 1 all day. If you guys like doing that go for it, just not the roamer’s mentality. Zergs have an importance, but so do roamer’s especially with the new bloodlust meta.

We just wish there were more T-1 roaming guilds on the other servers who like to fight so we can have our fun too. Zergs have all the fun. lol

Let’s put it this way.

A good zerger can be a good roamer.

Someone that just roams usually is a rally bot in zerg fights.

Methinks that you’ve never been part of a proper guild raid if you think that the majority of large-scale battles are “11111 lagfests”. That’s a huge discredit to you right there.

[GS] Gun Squad
Guild Master

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

Let me put it another way – trying to get back to my guild and help them with a tower defence or open field battle is more important than spending five minutes trying to stay alive against players primarily built to kill me.

If I die fast I respawn fast so I get to my guild fast…….unless I meet roamers again ofc ;P

I know its hard to believe but fighting against roamers comes pretty down on my list of priorities.

I never said it was supposed to be your priority. It’s just really silly when you want to get back to a PPT objective, but we kill you and gain PPT for our server, and you didn’t even try to stop us. We still get PPT for stomps after all, its much lower than it was (sadly), but the free kills we get really add up… and those kills really shouldn’t be free.

A lot of the time, we end up camping a spawn just so people like that will fight us (because they have a group).

The other flip side of that coin (seeing as you brought PPT into the discussion) is while we are taking a tower, keep or even a camp, doesnt it seem a bit silly to just spawn camp or whatever it is you are doing to find your battles when you could be helping your server mates defend a objective?

Its silly that you want to fight but wont go to where we are fighting, you would rather wander in hope of finding some one instead of going to where you know definite action is. If your server mates are losing that defense, you are helping us gain those free kills you hate so much.

This was an argument we use to face against our fellow guilds back in the day, but this proves that many don’t understand the roaming philosophy.

3) Usually most get fed up and group up trying to push out and actually give us what we want which is a good fight.
4) In some cases, we jump a commander trying to get back and we see the entire zerg go back to their WP to group up taking you off the battlefield for a couple of minutes.

They are small contributions compared to what we can do for holding bloodlust, but it is effective.

As for joining the zerg fight, sorry not going to happen. I have better uses of my time than joining a lagfest spamming 1 1 1 1 1 1 all day. If you guys like doing that go for it, just not the roamer’s mentality. Zergs have an importance, but so do roamer’s especially with the new bloodlust meta.

We just wish there were more T-1 roaming guilds on the other servers who like to fight so we can have our fun too. Zergs have all the fun. lol

Let’s put it this way.

Methinks that you’ve never been part of a proper guild raid if you think that the majority of large-scale battles are “11111 lagfests”. That’s a huge discredit to you right there.

The lag this week has been pretty bearable in the BLs. Nothing like last week. Zerg fights have actually had some good tactical play so far.

in Match-ups

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

BG getting destroyed.

Also most of our oce coverage already left for JQ, half of our SEA left last week,

Jeezus, if I was a long term JQ player who logged during Oceanic / SEA time I’d be peed off. Their queues at that time were already bad to begin with.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I heard the plan was for BG to transfer guilds to JQ’s weak timezones

It’s actually pretty smart strategy, I’ll admit. Expensive, too.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shifty.4985

Shifty.4985

IRON have become a blob build sadly.
But in other news relating to Smokees post, BG is the server to go to for having the best fights because out of SoR/JQ/BG They have the shortest queues by far

Ex [HB]|[IRON][][RIP][RawR]
The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

I heard the plan was for BG to transfer guilds to JQ’s weak timezones

It’s actually pretty smart strategy, I’ll admit. Expensive, too.

You heard wrong. Or made it up. Same difference.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

IRON have become a blob build sadly.
But in other news relating to Smokees post, BG is the server to go to for having the best fights because out of SoR/JQ/BG They have the shortest queues by far

For the short term yes but that can change in a heart beat. At the end of season when a pct. of WvW players on JQ realize they don’t meet the season requirements for their carrot and/or get tired of waiting in queue even during off peak NA hours guarantee a chunk of them will transfer off JQ.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caroline.4987

Caroline.4987

Figures IRON would have this whole running excuse all thought out.

Anyway, you missed the part where I said some of us build so that you cannot escape. The only time people get away from me is if they have 3 vs me alone, or if they are standing within 1200 range of a tower and they are running all condi cleanse (like a guardian). I am built specifically to prevent this.

So given this information, IRON running guy, you have two choices:
1) die with your back to me, never even trying to attack (this one is pretty much a guarantee)
or
2) fight me, have a chance of killing me and escaping

I guess I’m one of those lucky ones who’s been given a guild build focused on getting the hell away when I’m not dropping damage. On top of being a silly ol’ warrior and having more speed than anyone long term. =P

Of course, I do make sure to always travel near cliffs ever since they introduce PPT from spiking. All zerglings should learn to do the same.

That said, roamers can be awesome to meet, coz you get some funny experiences. Just yesterday, I ran into two BG roamers from…I think it was NRK? They chased me up to a cliff where I was preparing to suicide to deny a spike over in NE camp, towards Hills in TCBL. The thief was doing a darn good job…until the mesmer moa’d me and I proceeded to survive a fall I shouldn’t have by doing the moa flee thingie right over the cliff. And…I got away coz’ neither was fall traited.

Brynnhylde – Norn Warrior, Jehanette – Human Guardian, Shaelynne – Human Engineer
TrZ | Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

Let’s put it this way.

Anyone can be a good anything if they put time into it but a player who plays in zerg fights exclusively is not going to get a good chance to learn the roaming meta and will probably just get rolled by people who are more practiced as is the case in every competitive activity.

I’ve done a fair bit of zerging on several different professions ( but mainly ele and warrior) and I’ve found that there are three basic tenets that every zerger needs to know:

1. Follow your commander’s instructions
2. Keep an eye on enemy melee trains
3. Know where the water fields are

This is far less complex than the small fight meta.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jado Cast.1805

Jado Cast.1805

Let’s put it this way.

Oh I’v run with some of the best WvW guilds, such as HB watching them farm IRON. The lag the past two weeks have been terrible during NA Primetime. Nothing wrong with zergs, if that’s what you want to do. Just not my style, just saying . . .

in Match-ups

Posted by: ballymun.3986

ballymun.3986

Usual WvW players and whole guilds from BG can’t even get into BL’s or EB due to stupid broken queues and the sheer disgusting amount of pve players just sat in there for hours on end doing absolutely nothing.
…and I mean absolutely nothing, not even running runes, not going for or defending yaks, not scouting, nothing, they’re just standing there.
Was a whole stupid pve guild in Bravost last night 12 of them, just standing at a wall inside huddled up together for hours and when TC took Bravost, they all died, respawned and just sat there for hours huddled up together again doing nothing at all.

Time to create WvW only servers with just the WvW maps and a single LA type hang out zone. If you want PVE content you can guest on another PVE server.

Like others now, I can’t be bothered with WvW this week. Sooner the better all these pve players get their achievements and rotten jumping puzzles done.

in Match-ups

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Who is the AT guild? Never seen them before this week.

in Match-ups

Jado Cast.1805

they have been a small roaming group on for a few weeks now

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cliques.3947

Cliques.3947

Knew a Kanderous in WoW. Huge red fro.

Chimichunga [Eng] – Salsa Machina [Warrior]
oPP – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Ive seen them running with ~30. Are they EU?

in Match-ups

Posted by: spanky.4630

spanky.4630

Let’s put it this way.

Oh I’v run with some of the best WvW guilds, such as HB watching them farm IRON. The lag the past two weeks have been terrible during NA Primetime. Nothing wrong with zergs, if that’s what you want to do. Just not my style, just saying . . .

You have either been smoking something or just woke up dreaming to spout so much rubbish .At least have the balls to speak the truth .

Monkeyspanks – [IRON]

http://www.iron-gaming.com/

in Match-ups

Israel.7056

I could be wrong but I thought AT was SEA.

in Match-ups

Starscream.7803

Let’s put it this way.

You have either been smoking something or just woke up dreaming to spout so much rubbish .At least have the balls to speak the truth .

He means HB + Coin and the rest of the map Spanky.

in Match-ups

Shifty.4985

I could be wrong but I thought AT was SEA.

that is correct ~30 man team for SEA time

The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

spanky.4630

Let’s put it this way.

He means HB + Coin and the rest of the map Spanky.

no not that he was saying he was running with some of the best wvw guilds such as HB This guy hasn`t a clue if he thinks HB are one of the best

Monkeyspanks – [IRON]

in Match-ups

Shifty.4985

BG, on BG bl you must understand that we just want fights and well we have to chase you half way round the map for it, so when we see you attacking something, we ofcourse will come in and hit you

Much love
xoxo

The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

Starscream.7803

kitten I cant believe I missed that. I must be tired

in Match-ups

Cliques.3947

Gully. Operative Orange Cat has gone rogue. There is nothing I can do. We may need to pull the plug!

Copy. Over.

The situation has become critical. I’m raising this to Defcon 5!

oPP – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Starscream.7803

BG, on BG bl you must understand that we just want fights and well we have to chase you half way round the map for it, so when we see you attacking something, we ofcourse will come in and hit you

Much love
xoxo

My source informed me that all BG players are under orders to run from IRON even if they outnumber us 3-1. Soon as they can get 5-1 they will think about it.

This information was provided by Bletchley park’s HQ on SoR to counter oPP’s spying.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Monsoon.2589

Monsoon.2589

Players Encouraging Niceness In Servers, should be the only guild that people should want to play in during these matchups. Its not hard unless you make it that way.

in Match-ups

Israel.7056

Sounds like IRON is bored.

in Match-ups

Starscream.7803

Sounds like IRON is bored.

IRON is fighting in BG garrison as BG wont run away from there. I am watching hills, and yeah, i`m bored.

in Match-ups

Nikola.3841

no not that he was saying he was running with some of the best wvw guilds such as HB This guy hasn`t a clue if he thinks HB are one of the best

Well, best or not they’re better than you

in Match-ups

Nikola.3841

Much love
xoxo

My source informed me that all BG players are under orders to run from IRON even if they outnumber us 3-1. Soon as they can get 5-1 they will think about it.

This information was provided by Bletchley park’s HQ on SoR to counter oPP’s spying.

IRON = free bags, as long as we have half your numbers or more

in Match-ups

Starscream.7803

Well, best or not they’re better than you

Best at running, best at wiping (when caught), best at portal escaping, best at ignoring a GvG offer for a fair fight to decide once and for all. Yes HB are best on all these things.

in Match-ups

Cliques.3947

Orange Cat. Tweet Tweet and Little Spyy have just returned with the rest of the payment. We will collectively push the button in one weeks time.

This message will self destruct in 15 seconds.

oPP – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Starscream.7803

Much love
xoxo

IRON = free bags, as long as we have half your numbers or more

If thats true why dont you accept a offer of a even numbered fight? or only attack when with Coin and the rest of the map?

EDIT: Nikola why didnt you come to wipe us in your garrison? you could have saved it.

(edited by Starscream.7803)

in Match-ups

Posted by: RobF.5864

RobF.5864

This page has been brought to you by people that are mad that they got killed in a PvP zone.

Enjoy your forum killing – I was too busy sitting farming in BG Garrison for hours.

Oh, and enjoy your forum posting. …..and your roaming. Hows that working out for your server btw? That ppt must be mounting up. All those stomps………

(edited by RobF.5864)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

Is it just me or do other TC feel like a third wheel in here? ;_;

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in Match-ups

Shifty.4985

Is it just me or do other TC feel like a third wheel in here? ;_;

SoR and BG always have a go at eachother, just this week is their “afk week” and so they are not caring, leaving us bored of farming their pve fillers who cant do anything but run.

But atleast TC want to come fight which is great

The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

Nikola.3841

If thats true why dont you accept a offer of a even numbered fight? or only attack when with Coin and the rest of the map?

EDIT: Nikola why didnt you come to wipe us in your garrison? you could have saved it.

I was there when we took it from you, I died once, and got 70-80 bags from you, so I consider it positive for me. Btw, nice wiping of our golems when we started raid, how you knew where we will port 2 seconds after we actually ported?

in Match-ups

Cliques.3947

According to info gathered by my super secret agents over the last few days most Rallians elect TW as their #1 large guild.

This is a friendly service message brought to you by the oPP spy network.

P.S. This message will self destruct in 10 seconds.

oPP – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: renmei.3102

renmei.3102

TW #1 SOR pve guild, IRON #1 sober guild and FEAR #1 Christian RP guild \o/

in Match-ups

Starscream.7803

I was there when we took it from you, I died once, and got 70-80 bags from you, so I consider it positive for me. Btw, nice wiping of our golems when we started raid, how you knew where we will port 2 seconds after we actually ported?

Got 70-80 bags when you took it from us? thats very impressive as we didnt even have that many players, plus you outnumbered us greatly at the time as we had alot of people afk for food. Thats how you was able to take it after a hour or 2 of trying. What kind of hacks do you have that make players drop more than 1 loot bag?

Nice you was there for the take back though, but where are you every time we take it?

Cant comment on the golems as i wasnt there for that

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fade.7658

Fade.7658

Well, on a separate note, it’s a good thing for BG that SoR isn’t teaming up with TC to put TC at second place this week, and almost ensuring that SoR places at the minimum of 2nd place.

in Match-ups

Jado Cast.1805

Let’s put it this way.

This is what I see when I dream.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cuddlepie.8109

Cuddlepie.8109

BG’s PPT on reset was pretty dire, but there were good fights on EB. When Rid handed EB over during OCX, I commanded a small core of KnT and some decent militia into SEA. Apart from two contested SM takes and sallying out to take a paper ANZ once in awhile, we were limited to bouncing from Umber to Danelon to try and defend what we had. Despite the PPT, it was a night of good fights.

The Youtube link shows some of the action. We – of course – also lost fights during the 5 hour period. 2 open field fight and one tower defence, as well as a lot of uncontested towers or SCs that we couldn’t get to on time.

http://youtu.be/_YkQGQPThIc

in Match-ups

spanky.4630

Let’s put it this way.

what being in a constant downed state and fighting a few iron and others?

please come and meet us guild to guild put an end to it

ps I wasn’t there nor was the majority of iron .

Monkeyspanks – [IRON]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Corran.4957

Corran.4957

You mean when we saw you stacked by the house? When we stood and buffed up ready to try pull you down to us? Or do you mean when you stupidly portalled them right next to us?

We were “WTF they ported kittening golems to us, get them quick”… fully expecting them to do the wise thing and just take the portal back out. But no, they didnt. Still, liked all the bags i got from trebbing you when you breached the inner and stood in my attacks.

And took you a few attempts to get it, was about time you managed to do so. Only thing I see bg doing well this week is Banner rezzing dead garrison lords. Beyond that you got nothing to brag about. Guess you just missing your big brother, JQ.

in Match-ups

Jado Cast.1805

Let’s put it this way.

what being in a constant downed state and fighting a few iron and others?

please come and meet us guild to guild put an end to it

ps I wasn’t there nor was the majority of iron .

LOL, guild to guild? we are like 10 active players at any given time, you have 40+ on any given map every day. I guess that proves how you like to win, big bully when you have numbers, otherwise when you lose, your excuse was, “i wasn’t there.” Okay, I guess you would have made the difference, pfff, the ego is strong in this one. LOL