attempts

Did you watch the video?

That’s a Bingo.
Sine Pari

10/25: SoR/BG/TC (Gold League Round 2)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

How’s your match up going? Scores look interesting and well setup for the good set of fights for the rest of the week.

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gully.7358

Gully.7358

Now posts like this stop me trolling. I agree with that totally on everything you said. Your comment was aimed at me which was why I trolled. Looking at me directly, I already said I run a boon/healing build and I never play solo because thats just not how i want to play.

You may very well be more skilled than me, but even if I was the best player on the server, if i get caught by a roamer what am i going to do with a build that does no damage? So how can you judge my skill at all? (fully prepared not to troll this if you dont)

I personally think it’s just a mindset thing, the game isn’t designed to for the whole holy trinity aspect. If you’re stuck just playing a pure healing and boon setup then it sounds to me that somebody has done some horrible min-maxing.

Veretta • Guildleader of [oPP] Over Powered PeopleBlackgate
http://www.gw2opp.comhttp://www.youtube.com/user/oppveretta

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

FEAR & REV enough blobbing contact me in game for GvG 15v15 or 20v20 lets rock n roll baby

First time I have really been able to check the thread this matchup but… um what? You do realize that we only have about 15 people in WvW during our WvW nights, 20 being our record at once… I know the definition of a “Blob” isn’t very clear, but you might need to get your eyes checked. But thanks for acknowledging us as “blob like” threat anyways!

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

BG has had a huge tick since this morning – is this as a result from ZD?

SoR needs to get it’s act together or else we may lose it by tomorrow morning ..

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Starscream.7803

Starscream.7803

attempts and succeeds

Did you watch the video?

No, I never watch vids linked by anyone. (not trolling) I come here for the banter, not to click links, if its not in the post it doesnt get seen.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

You do understand the reason TC gets hit with a 2v1 is because they are unwilling to partake in one them selves. I would bet most BG commanders would love nothing more than to push SoRs side but ever time they do TC has to try to hit a tower on BG’s side. This forces BG to come back and after a few times the only logical thing to do is to push TC. And SoR is going to jump on a 2v1 against TC because that keeps the 2v1 off them and they get to hold more PPT and upgrade there stuff.

So you say TC plays the exact same tactic BG always does when in a match with JQ and SoR? Maybe TC can learn.

TC plays on oprotunity, and without blobs, for the most part. Its regular to see us with 3 or so 20~ish large groups on reset night and only one commander tag on the map to lead militia. Its less effective against T1 servers though, who only go around in giant blobs of 50-60 players and quickly put a stop to anything we try. With the exception of JQ maybe. We’ve pulled off some funny stuff with a lot of luck against you guys before. Example being one person solo golem rushing tier 3 bay and basically pulling it off.

I’m not knocking TC, I think you guys do great in your own right. I was only pointing out one reason why you guys may get focused over the other “stronger” server. I mean good on you guys for not conforming to the “T1 meta” and still do as well as you do. I’m just saying don’t complain about getting pushed or calling out BG for something when it may have been your commander/players that provoked it. (Also thats more pointed at Jeydra.4386, the first guy I responded to)

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in Match-ups

Zikory.6871

BG has had a huge tick since this morning – is this as a result from ZD?

SoR needs to get it’s act together or else we may lose it by tomorrow morning ..

Hopefully we can get the scores within a 100 points again and have another crazy match up!

Zikory – Retired Thief

in Match-ups

Kreen.3925

Meanwhile JQ is already 100,000 points ahead and it’s not even Tuesday, another 18 days to go!

I know, and I am sure those next 18 days will just fly by, oh wait.

Good to see you folks are having a good match up.

I fight for JQ.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

How’s your match up going? Scores look interesting and well setup for the good set of fights for the rest of the week.

The fact that I’ve actually been able to use my skills in fights the past two nights makes this match infinitely better than last week. We had a rough first 48 hours but it looks like we’ve turned it around. I have no idea how the rest of the week will play out but it’s been pretty fun thus far.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Starscream.7803

Now posts like this stop me trolling. I agree with that totally on everything you said. Your comment was aimed at me which was why I trolled. Looking at me directly, I already said I run a boon/healing build and I never play solo because thats just not how i want to play.

You may very well be more skilled than me, but even if I was the best player on the server, if i get caught by a roamer what am i going to do with a build that does no damage? So how can you judge my skill at all? (fully prepared not to troll this if you dont)

I personally think it’s just a mindset thing, the game isn’t designed to for the whole holy trinity aspect. If you’re stuck just playing a pure healing and boon setup then it sounds to me that somebody has done some horrible min-maxing.

Its how the meta is, yeah the lag and over zerging is a pain, I freely admit that, but when running in large groups it comes down to surviving. Boons, healing and not rallying the enemy are as important as damage. The holy trinity may not be here, but roles for support, condition removing, stunning etc have been put on classes for the group to become effective.

in Match-ups

Kreen.3925

The fact that I’ve actually been able to use my skills in fights the past two nights makes this match infinitely better than last week. We had a rough first 48 hours but it looks like we’ve turned it around. I have no idea how the rest of the week will play out but it’s been pretty fun thus far.

I can relate to that first point. Same for me. Mag and SoS fight well. Had some great small man fights this week, they lack numbers and coverage is all in non NA timezones. Same with all servers. They all have good and not so good players.

Yup, looks like you are experiencing the ZD factor. That will certainly make the next 5 weeks interesting. As I said last week anyone trying to predict the winner with certainty needs to realise that 7 weeks is a long time in WvW. Alot can change.

Pleased its a good fight.

I fight for JQ.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ethurian.3751

Ethurian.3751

Its how the meta is, yeah the lag and over zerging is a pain, I freely admit that, but when running in large groups it comes down to surviving. Boons, healing and not rallying the enemy are as important as damage. The holy trinity may not be here, but roles for support, condition removing, stunning etc have been put on classes for the group to become effective.

You should spend time researching the Guardian class, and specifically the healway build. It is strong both for group and solo play – the video you won’t click on is a healway guardian beating people in outnumbered fights. When you say your build is holding you back, you can’t expect sympathy from people who know that isn’t a legit reason why you can’t kill roamers. Which is what that video proves. And as Veretta said, its bad build optimization on your part.

Some roamers understand the dynamics of group play.

That’s a Bingo.
Sine Pari

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Remember when I said it was IRON getting trolled, not them doing the trolling? case in point, oPP has rustled the jimmies of a certain transformer.

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]

in Match-ups

Liquid.9672

Yup, looks like you are experiencing the ZD factor. That will certainly make the next 5 weeks interesting. As I said last week anyone trying to predict the winner with certainty needs to realise that 7 weeks is a long time in WvW. Alot can change.

No doubt ZDs will have an impact on Season 1. How much remains to be seen but I think it’s great for our bracket to have them here. However, our turn started last night during NA. From my perspective it felt like SoR ran out of gas and logged early. I expect a couple more momentum shifts before this week is over. Should be fun!

[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Kreen.3925

Remember when I said it was IRON getting trolled, not them doing the trolling? case in point, oPP has rustled the jimmies of a certain transformer.

Wannabe Transformer by all accounts it seems.

Play with fire and all that.

I fight for JQ.

(edited by Kreen.3925)

in Match-ups

Kreen.3925

No doubt ZDs will have an impact on Season 1. How much remains to be seen but I think it’s great for our bracket to have them here. However, our turn started last night during NA. From my perspective it felt like SoR ran out of gas and logged early. I expect a couple more momentum shifts before this week is over. Should be fun!

Hopefully we can get an EU behemoth as well and make that timezone a proper three way in week 7

I fight for JQ.

in Match-ups

Starscream.7803

You should spend time researching the Guardian class, and specifically the healway build. It is strong both for group and solo play – the video you won’t click on is a healway guardian beating people in outnumbered fights. When you say your build is holding you back, you can’t expect sympathy from people who know that isn’t a legit reason why you can’t kill roamers. Which is what that video proves. And as Veretta said, its bad build optimization on your part.

Some roamers understand the dynamics of group play.

I am not saying my build is holding me back, i am saying the build I am using (the guild build) is suited the guild play and not for 1v1. I dont want sympathy for my build either, the guild is happy with it, I am happy with it. Its the build that suits group play.

If I was interested in small man groups I would have another gear set and spec, but its not what i want. When i am in WvW I am with my guild. That means PVT and clerics gear and the guild spec. I will do no damage in 1v1, I will die, and I wont cry about it.

That desosnt mean I am déad weight for IRON does it?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Hopefully we can get an EU behemoth as well and make that timezone a proper three way in week 7

Or maybe TC can have some coverage too? c: or hell, mag and sos to make Tier 2 interesting and close again.

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]

in Match-ups

Gully.7358

I probably play the only heavy support thief in tier 1, trying to make your team members better while offering support to them when they need it is indeed important. Being able to still handle yourself and not rely on others to always have your back is just a very important aspect of this game though. If you’re numbering yourself away as just pure support, you’re not helping your team but that is my opinion.

I could rant on about team builds for hours and how most of the big boy guilds run template like setups with a single commander shouting stuff at them. To sum it up, I personally just feel it doesn’t get the best out of players at all.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Axle.5182

Axle.5182

We are trying our darndest to get EU just hard when you don’t have large EU guilds. JQ has SR and Tohu which field less combined than IRON or ZD’s do. This makes it a little harder to find EU guilds for JQ but we are definitely trying.

Was a pity Desolation Vanguard imploded there you could have had a guild able to man 1 and a half bl’s all on their own.

Axle
[AFTL] Afterlife Sanctum of Rall
http://www.afterlife-gaming.eu

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ethurian.3751

Ethurian.3751

That means PVT and clerics gear and the guild spec.

And that is exactly what the Guardian in the video I posted is wearing. Mostly Clerics, with the exception of 3 trinkets being PVT. I doubt your build is too far off as well.

That’s a Bingo.
Sine Pari

in Match-ups

Starscream.7803

And that is exactly what the Guardian in the video I posted is wearing. Mostly Clerics, with the exception of 3 trinkets being PVT. I doubt your build is too far off as well.

O.o will take a look at it later then when i get more time.

kitten you and Gully for getting me talking properly <3

in Match-ups

Gully.7358

You’ll always fight players that are better then you, you’ll always run into players that run a flavor of the month setup that you’ll know you might have issues with. The game is designed around a rock-paper-scissors system, you’ll never have somebody that will win every single 1v1 fight but the game is also simply not designed for duels.

I think the biggest difference to all of this is our mentality compared to yours, you already give up before the fight has even started if you get caught in a 1v1 while we’ll at least give it a poke and see what we can do

I demand that from my players though, to at least give it a try and make sure they can stand on their own 2 feet. If they go down, try and see why and if there is a way to handle it better.

I also advice them to try and think ahead of time and not dwell on builds that are flavor of the month now. Most of those kind of builds that people run now come from roamers in the first place which then get introduced into larger guilds and we as roamers have to plan ahead of that already to counter our own builds.

Like next patch, I’m expecting a lot of condi-shaving and I’m already planning around that idea.

in Match-ups

Starscream.7803

You’ll always fight players that are better then you, you’ll always run into players that run a flavor of the month setup that you’ll know you might have issues with. The game is designed around a rock-paper-scissors system, you’ll never have somebody that will win every single 1v1 fight but the game is also simply not designed for duels.

I think the biggest difference to all of this is our mentality compared to yours, you already give up before the fight has even started if you get caught in a 1v1 while we’ll at least give it a poke and see what we can do

I demand that from my players though, to at least give it a try and make sure they can stand on their own 2 feet. If they go down, try and see why and if there is a way to handle it better.

I also advice them to try and think ahead of time and not dwell on builds that are flavor of the month now. Most of those kind of builds that people run now come from roamers in the first place which then get introduced into larger guilds and we as roamers have to plan ahead of that already to counter our own builds.

Like next patch, I’m expecting a lot of condi-shaving and I’m already planning around that idea.

I agree with that, when i get jumped my first thought is kitten . Low dps plus being kited so many times by a class with ranged while I have a staff/hammer seems kinda pointless. We have weekly workshops to work on builds and if we need to change anything, but its all orientated on improving group performance.

We have many players that like to run solo and in low man out of prime time, and i know they handle themselves alot better. For those of us who just run with the guild we get no low man experience unless jumped. I know the first thing you will say is that playing solo will help improve the group play as well, and you would be right, but unless there is some guild action going on, I dont play.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cliques.3947

Cliques.3947

“I demand that from my players though, to at least give it a try and make sure they can stand on their own 2 feet. If they go down, try and see why and if there is a way to handle it better.”

Veretta beats us and says mean things to us if we die! :P

Chimichunga [Eng] – Salsa Machina [Warrior]
oPP – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: celeron.3469

celeron.3469

“I demand that from my players though, to at least give it a try and make sure they can stand on their own 2 feet. If they go down, try and see why and if there is a way to handle it better.”

I died once and was kicked from the guild and had to pay Veretta 20g for shaming him before I could get back in.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cliques.3947

Cliques.3947

I died once and was kicked from the guild and had to pay Veretta 20g for shaming him before I could get back in.

WHAT!?!?! He charged me 30!!!

Chimichunga [Eng] – Salsa Machina [Warrior]
oPP – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rawnoodles.1398

Rawnoodles.1398

Big welcome to [ZDs] – Za Drotss to BG and NA.

• We are thrilled to work with you guys in GL1!

PLX TEAM

Rawnoodles | Mini Noodles
[ESOL] -Elite Solidarity| Driver|
" Latest Video "

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shifty.4985

Shifty.4985

Star, stop sharing our top secret builds!! oPP scum will share with all of BG and we will be forever doomed

Ex [HB]|[IRON][][RIP][RawR]
The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

Posted by: celeron.3469

celeron.3469

New member discount

in Match-ups

Posted by: Axle.5182

Axle.5182

PLX TEAM

Don’t even bother you will only go and set off the anti EU protesters again and we won’t hear the end of it for weeks if not months lol

Axle
[AFTL] Afterlife Sanctum of Rall
http://www.afterlife-gaming.eu

in Match-ups

Kreen.3925

Or maybe TC can have some coverage too? c: or hell, mag and sos to make Tier 2 interesting and close again.

Of course, more power to you.

I fight for JQ.

in Match-ups

Gully.7358

Where is my 50 gold then you ^%$#$ers?

in Match-ups

Kreen.3925

O.o will take a look at it later then when i get more time.

kitten you and Gully for getting me talking properly <3

Nice to see the face behind the name, well met sir

I fight for JQ.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

PLX TEAM

Don’t even bother you will only go and set off the anti EU protesters again and we won’t hear the end of it for weeks if not months lol

It’s not like ZDS will stay for long anyways. A few weeks from now they’ll probably move back to EU like RG & GD.

in Match-ups

Starscream.7803

Wrex uses a similer system. Its a mixture of abuse, hatered and emasculation.

in Match-ups

Starscream.7803

Star, stop sharing our top secret builds!! oPP scum will share with all of BG and we will be forever doomed

Full zerker guardian and only using a staff, no secondary weapon is the real IRON build.

in Match-ups

Starscream.7803

PLX TEAM

Having ZD’s here can only be a good thing. Good for BG, good for their oppenents.

in Match-ups

Liquid.9672

PLX TEAM

It’s not like ZDS will stay for long anyways. A few weeks from now they’ll probably move back to EU like RG & GD.

Tisk Tisk. Always so negative! Whatever the outcome, it’ll be fun having them in the NA bracket, even if it turns out it’s just for awhile. IRON has been begging for good fights so it looks like their wish came true!

[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

SoR loses 10k points in one day? wut

in Match-ups

Zikory.6871

Don’t be surprised, 10k is nothing here…

Zikory – Retired Thief

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shifty.4985

Shifty.4985

Our NA decides to slack
Your NA does an all call
Also didnt help with the arrival of ZDs .. Wuut

Ex [HB]|[IRON][][RIP][RawR]
The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

Posted by: SkeletalLlama.5381

SkeletalLlama.5381

Being paid to temporarily transfer to BG is the new gold making meta. Btw BG my new guild with a classified number of members (from whichever timezone you want us to be) will transfer today for just 2,000g. We’ll even stay for a whole week if you tip us an extra 20%.

(edited by SkeletalLlama.5381)

in Match-ups

Liquid.9672

Your NA does an all call

Wut? If that’s an all call it’s been ongoing since Friday the 18th.

[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

Our NA decides to slack
Your NA does an all call
Also didnt help with the arrival of ZDs .. Wuut

I thought prime time NA SoR is okay, it’s SEA that is messing SoR up?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

Being paid to temporarily transfer to BG is the new gold making meta. Btw BG my new guild with a classified number of members (from whichever timezone you want us to be) will transfer today for just 2,000g. We’ll even stay for a whole week if you tip us an extra 20%.

2000g of cocaine coming right up, if Dr. Roxo doesn’t clean out the store room.

-KNT- BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

IRON pushing really kitten the forums. 4 pages in 5 hours :O

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fade.7658

Fade.7658

Makes you wonder where everyone went. BG has been ticking at ~300 for most of the afternoon. SoR give up?

in Match-ups

Starscream.7803

IRON pushing really kitten the forums. 4 pages in 5 hours :O

My recent posts have been nice and troll free. Prefer me to start trolling again?