10/25: SoR/BG/TC (Gold League Round 2)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

IRON pushing really kitten the forums. 4 pages in 5 hours :O

My recent posts have been nice and troll free. Prefer me to start trolling again?

please do, it’s quite entertaining.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

Part of it are more TC holdings being given up to BG atm. Give it another day and SoR EU will adjust it’s PPT tactics.

-KNT- BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shifty.4985

Shifty.4985

Makes you wonder where everyone went. BG has been ticking at ~300 for most of the afternoon. SoR give up?

Yep were tanking now, to allow guilds to come over

Ex [HB]|[IRON][][RIP][RawR]
The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

Posted by: Starscream.7803

Starscream.7803

My recent posts have been nice and troll free. Prefer me to start trolling again?

Give me some decent bait, its been a long day and i am tired.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

Makes you wonder where everyone went. BG has been ticking at ~300 for most of the afternoon. SoR give up?

Yep were tanking now, to allow guilds to come over

pfft…You don’t have to tell us the T1 meta.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in Match-ups

Seigfried.5938

Give me some decent bait, its been a long day and i am tired.

Don’t you take a break from gw2 forums to play…. gw2?

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

Big welcome to [ZDs] – Za Drotss to BG and NA.

• We are thrilled to work with you guys in GL1!

PLX TEAM

This is completely unrelated to ZDs cuz I think their presence is a good thing here even if they aren’t on JQ (Welcome ZDs), but Noodles, has anyone ever told you that when you post you just look like a gigantic tool?

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in Match-ups

Posted by: hex.3218

hex.3218

PLX TEAM

This is completely unrelated to ZDs cuz I think their presence is a good thing here even if they aren’t on JQ (Welcome ZDs), but Noodles, has anyone ever told you that when you post you just look like a gigantic tool?

I told him that once and he yelled at me. I didn’t like the experience at all. sniff

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

PLX TEAM

Anyone from T2 in the summer knows what a tool he is. Him and mayoken on DB were pushing guilds to join them harder than I’ve ever seen any T1 server. To the point that mayoken insulted RE for joining TC… and then months down the line joined TC and was a member of RE. Bandwaggons be foolish son.

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]

in Match-ups

Seigfried.5938

PLX TEAM

Aww JQ SEA is now bitter because you can’t beat on doors?

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

What happens to SoR yesterday?

in Match-ups

hex.3218

PLX TEAM

Uhhh, who are you again? Lol. Oh right. I know you.

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

in Match-ups

SFShinigami.2015

PLX TEAM

wut

in Match-ups

Seigfried.5938

PLX TEAM

Your point?

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

hex.3218

PLX TEAM

Your point?

I love you! Don’t be like that baby! You can play GW2 WvW if you want, lil friend! I’ll halp ya!

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

Did the mag trolls kick you guys out of your thread?

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in Match-ups

Posted by: SpitFire.4690

SpitFire.4690

Hello
Hello

and Hello.

/Salute Welcome back, General Jang Gun.

Primordus Virtus [RISE] Prime Leader – Prince Járvan
Our greatest strength lies in never failing,
But we [RISE] each time we fall.

(edited by SpitFire.4690)

in Match-ups

SFShinigami.2015

Naw we’re pretty vigilant over there too, but wherever some kitten nozzle uses ridiculously formatted posts in a thread, I’ll be there. Wherever some kitten canoe exaggerates his importance with elaborate self aggrandizing, I’ll be there. And wherever children cry out in terror at the sudden appearance of hand models….

I’ll be there.

Watching.

Waiting.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Axle.5182

Axle.5182

PLX TEAM

Don’t even bother you will only go and set off the anti EU protesters again and we won’t hear the end of it for weeks if not months lol

Having ZD’s here can only be a good thing. Good for BG, good for their oppenents.

I understand that fully m8, many of us EU guilds are merely turning to NA just to get a chance to play the game because to be honest we are being pushed out of playing during our prime time due to many hours of Queues on all bl’s within a single 6hr prime time window.

We have come to the top 3 servers not because it’s an easy ride but the pure fact those servers have strong opponents during our sociable hours that we can stomp and get stomped by in equal measure and were not pushing any native guilds out of maps unlike some of the band wagon guilds on some EU servers.

However we will always attract haters

Axle
[AFTL] Afterlife Sanctum of Rall
http://www.afterlife-gaming.eu

(edited by Axle.5182)

in Match-ups

Starscream.7803

PLX TEAM

Don’t even bother you will only go and set off the anti EU protesters again and we won’t hear the end of it for weeks if not months lol

Having ZD’s here can only be a good thing. Good for BG, good for their oppenents.

I understand that fully m8, many of us EU guilds are merely turning to NA just to get a chance to play the game because to be honest we are being pushed out of playing during our prime time due to many hours of Queues on all bl’s due to a single 6 hr prime time window.

We have come to the top 3 servers not because it’s an easy ride but the pure fact those servers have opponents during our sociable hours that we can stomp and get stomped by in equal measure.

However we will always attract haters

I only quoted you so that those that would QQ would see you post and my reply together, with the hope of stopping any QQ from any server over ZD’s joining BG (SoR included).

I know you dont have a problem with them coming here ^^ and dont forget IRON come from Deso ourselves no need to explain anything to me.

in Match-ups

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

PLX TEAM

When PLX is around it’s like beating doors. They don’t move out of marks and it’s not much of fight.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in Match-ups

Axle.5182

I know JQ may have still something to say about it but guys ZD’s was the last guild i expected to move away from it’s native SFR that it has passionately fought a very long time for that server, the EU arms race and leagues have brought many issues to long established and organised guilds getting to play the game as a guild and the way they want to.

There are still guilds out there who would consider moving to NA the only thing holding them back is not knowing what to expect i.e wither they will have opponents to fight and or they can be a noticeable contribution to your community.

For instance if my guild came here only to find itself facing random roamers and paper keeps & towers regularly with no defenders we would be on the next boat home.

Quite the opposite we face HB,COIN, FOO, MERC and now ZD’s and many more both similar numbers and far superior with a blob of random’s in the mix not to mention tier 3 keeps and towers with 10+ AC and trebs inside. If people think EU time on BG, SOR and JQ is pve door you are greatly mistaken everyone fights hard for what they gain during this time.

Axle

(edited by Axle.5182)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cliques.3947

Cliques.3947

Naw we’re pretty vigilant over there too, but wherever some kitten nozzle uses ridiculously formatted posts in a thread, I’ll be there. Wherever some kitten canoe exaggerates his importance with elaborate self aggrandizing, I’ll be there. And wherever children cry out in terror at the sudden appearance of hand models….

I’ll be there.

Watching.

Waiting.

Oh dear, The Grapes of Wrath. kittens about to get real up in hur!

Chimichunga [Eng] – Salsa Machina [Warrior]
oPP – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jado Cast.1805

Jado Cast.1805

That means PVT and clerics gear and the guild spec.

And that is exactly what the Guardian in the video I posted is wearing. Mostly Clerics, with the exception of 3 trinkets being PVT. I doubt your build is too far off as well.

O.o will take a look at it later then when i get more time.

kitten you and Gully for getting me talking properly <3

What the kitten is going on? The ultimate BG troll just had a serious conversation with the SoR Grand Master Troll. Did hell freeze over or did the world come to an end and no one told me?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nuked.2360

Nuked.2360

I know JQ may have still something to say about it but guys ZD’s was the last guild i expected to move away from it’s native SFR that it has passionately fought a very long time for that server, the EU arms race and leagues have brought many issues to long established and organised guilds getting to play the game as a guild and the way they want to.

There are still guilds out there who would consider moving to NA the only thing holding them back is not knowing what to expect i.e wither they will have opponents to fight and or they can be a noticeable contribution to your community.

For instance if my guild came here only to find itself facing random roamers and paper keeps & towers regularly with no defenders we would be on the next boat home.

Quite the opposite we face HB,COIN, FOO, ZD’s and many more both similar numbers and far superior and tier 3 keeps and towers with 10+ AC and trebs inside if people think EU time on BG,SOR and JQ is pve door you are greatly mistaken everyone fights hard for what they gain during that time.

I was literally in shock for about twenty mins when I heard they left. Shifty came to our thread asking why we didn’t try to get them. It caught everyone off guard honestly.

Destructive Nuked|ascending-redemption.enjin.com|AR Driver/Leader

in Match-ups

SFShinigami.2015

Quite the opposite we face HB,COIN, FOO, ZD’s and many more both similar numbers and far superior and tier 3 keeps and towers with 10+ AC and trebs inside if people think EU time on BG,SOR and JQ is pve door you are greatly mistaken everyone fights hard for what they gain during that time.

Every JQ I’ve talked to was happy about BG getting more EU. The next best thing to us getting EU coverage is there being rival EU coverage to IRON to help even up the fights a bit in that time zone. Thats why I posted the disclaimer in my post.

in Match-ups

Axle.5182

Im happy to know that as do i see IRON is happy they are there too

Axle

in Match-ups

Starscream.7803

And that is exactly what the Guardian in the video I posted is wearing. Mostly Clerics, with the exception of 3 trinkets being PVT. I doubt your build is too far off as well.

What the kitten is going on? The ultimate BG troll just had a serious conversation with the SoR Grand Master Troll. Did hell freeze over or did the world come to an end and no one told me?

Haha sorry you missed it Jado, i’m heading to bed but if you want a troll free talk on here tomorrow I will do my best to repeat this moment of weakness.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gully.7358

Gully.7358

Dunno about him but I’m still working my magic. For some it’s just more obvious then for others. I can troll and still make sense

Veretta • Guildleader of [oPP] Over Powered PeopleBlackgate
http://www.gw2opp.comhttp://www.youtube.com/user/oppveretta

in Match-ups

Posted by: electriette.8952

electriette.8952

I’ll be there.

Watching.

Waiting.

want a wok with that hand?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caroline.4987

Caroline.4987

It’s not that we’re not trying to 2v1. >_> We’re usually just not organized enough to do it, and especially to do it consistently. =P

Last night BG was hitting bay relentlessly on TCBL I think (maybe it was SoRBL, I don’t remember) which was owned by SoR and T3 with a waypoint. A TC zerg was standing around on the cliffs watching and killing BG players as they ran back and doing nothing else. When a server has a waypoint in the middle of the map it is in the best interest of both of the other servers to get rid of it. It doesn’t matter who takes the keep or even if they hold it, it’s about getting rid of the waypoint.

The “not organised enough to do it” wouldn’t have mattered much in that example… stop killing the BG players who are trying to get rid of the waypoint and kill the SoR players who are running back instead if you don’t want to come down to inner and directly 2v1 them… at one point TC even trebbed BGs siege at inner helping SoR and hurting yourselves by helping them keep their WP.

There are a few videos from last week floating around where JQ was working to get rid of an SoR waypoint and BG was sitting on the waypoint to make sure SoR couldn’t get back in during the fight… does it feel dirty working with the enemy? Absolutely, but it’s necessary sometimes. There’s no actual cross-server communication or planning in these instances it’s simply understood by all parties that at all costs the waypoint needs to go. It’s map politics.

You’ve just proved my point. TCBL is our WORST organized map. If you wanna have a decent chance of us 2v1ing a server, your best bet is to put it out there on SoRBL or BGBL. The percentage of seasoned guildie to militia zergling on those maps is much better. I was listening in on the comms for that one last night, and I think the commander spent at least fifteen minutes repeatedly reiterating that we were NOT to kill BG. And asking it to be typed in mapchat over and over. Thing is, half the zerg is full of roamers and sentries on break and all sorts of mavericks who are gonna do what they do. Red = dead.

Think he finally just gave up trying to control them. =S Our leaders and guilds understand waypoints need to go. But the militia dominate our server, and…well, the zerg’s gonna zerg.

Brynnhylde – Norn Warrior, Jehanette – Human Guardian, Shaelynne – Human Engineer
TrZ | Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Trolling aside. Are you able to confirm or deny that the major reason that SOR lost so much PPT last night was because many of IRON had homework to do? This is the rumor I have heard, so I was wondering if it was true or not is all.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Night Hawk Ix.7360

Night Hawk Ix.7360

[/quote]

Trolling aside. Are you able to confirm or deny that the major reason that SOR lost so much PPT last night was because many of IRON had homework to do? This is the rumor I have heard, so I was wondering if it was true or not is all.

[/quote]

Lies, I heard it was a very important AA meeting.

Mez You Up
Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shifty.4985

Shifty.4985

[/quote]

Lies, I heard it was a very important AA meeting.

[/quote]

It was actually myself leading a mass pve farm to make up for loot, which BG constantly ran away from but also to help mass recruite new guilds to the server

Ex [HB]|[IRON][][RIP][RawR]
The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gully.7358

Gully.7358

It’s because we received really important intel.

Veretta • Guildleader of [oPP] Over Powered PeopleBlackgate
http://www.gw2opp.comhttp://www.youtube.com/user/oppveretta

in Match-ups

Jado Cast.1805

We went on a super secret mission to get intel and ended up surrounded by Russians. Turns out they were searching for iron, so we told them where they could farm all the iron they want.

in Match-ups

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

Trolling aside. It’s difficult to take posters like you who have resided on JQ, SOR and BG all in the past 2 months seriously.

Nice try with the comedy attempt but coming from you? lol

in Match-ups

Jado Cast.1805

Haha sorry you missed it Jado, i’m heading to bed but if you want a troll free talk on here tomorrow I will do my best to repeat this moment of weakness.

I’m always happy to talk about builds and theory crafting. That’s what we do.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

SoR 2013 – throwing since 16k points lead. Its both gonna be sad and hilarious if SoR loses this matchup after having such an advantage

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

SoR is still likely to win if they can replicate their PST-SEA stick from the weekend. Doesn’t matter if BG makes up 10k in EU/NA if SoR gains another at night, especially since they’re still ahead.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

SoR 2013 – throwing since 16k points lead. Its both gonna be sad and hilarious if SoR loses this matchup after having such an advantage

It’s already pretty sad and hilarious that so many BG are pulling that much OT to see imaginary points, lol.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neuromancer.2148

Neuromancer.2148

All servers have lost matches that began with them having a commanding lead. I don’t think it speaks badly of the server.

Apprentice Namer – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

All servers have lost matches that began with them having a commanding lead. I don’t think it speaks badly of the server.

26/03/2013

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: ghtchill.7613

ghtchill.7613

It’s not that we’re not trying to 2v1. >_> We’re usually just not organized enough to do it, and especially to do it consistently. =P

Last night BG was hitting bay relentlessly on TCBL I think (maybe it was SoRBL, I don’t remember) which was owned by SoR and T3 with a waypoint. A TC zerg was standing around on the cliffs watching and killing BG players as they ran back and doing nothing else. When a server has a waypoint in the middle of the map it is in the best interest of both of the other servers to get rid of it. It doesn’t matter who takes the keep or even if they hold it, it’s about getting rid of the waypoint.

The “not organised enough to do it” wouldn’t have mattered much in that example… stop killing the BG players who are trying to get rid of the waypoint and kill the SoR players who are running back instead if you don’t want to come down to inner and directly 2v1 them… at one point TC even trebbed BGs siege at inner helping SoR and hurting yourselves by helping them keep their WP.

Not really true. I was at that fight until the end. We were trying to work with you. We were trebing from the bridge before you got there I believe. We were hardly doing nothing and wiped quite a few attempts by SOR to take us out. We had a few people attack some of your guys while running back until the Commander stopped them. It wasn’t clear what BG was up to at first. Our guys stopped but BG [AT] Guild kept attacking until you got them to stop.

Eventually we moved to cross the water once we had a wall and gate down on our side and [AT] ran up to destroy our trebs that we were concentrating on the Lords Room with dead cows. I was on one of them. Our guys had to run back to disperse [AT] before crossing. TC crossed and waited for BG to move in, but you didn’t. We eventually ported most of our guys into Lords Room and started taking out the siege and BG moved in. The lag was ridiculous. I was in the circle and literally nothing worked…so I died. We still got rid of most of the siege if not all but you still couldn’t cap. We wanted you to take it, but you didn’t, and it wasn’t us who prevented it. Honestly.

Anyway, that’s the other side of it.

TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: celeron.3469

celeron.3469

26/03/2013

but Karps…. there isn’t 26 months in a year.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

26/03/2013

but Karps…. there isn’t 26 months in a year.

Attachments:

elite specs ruined pvp.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

When I mentioned in map chat about how cruel we were being, my teammates were like “don’t pity TC, they deserve it”. What did you guys do to BG anyway?

Not everyone feels the same, and well, you were on EBG afterall. You have to take what you read in map chat with a grain of salt in that zone. As far as the tone, one can only guess. From my play this weekend during NA prime it did seem like TC was being overly aggressive with BG and more passive with SoR, so that could have gotten some players fired up. Who knows. But most of us WvW vets know that there’s usually a reason an enemy commander targets one server over another, or 2v1 a server to break a waypoint or something (like Sat night on TCBL Hills) and don’t get all bent out of shape about it.

Many months ago BG and TC actually developed a very friendly relationship during our month of T2 matches.

Here’s the situation in more detail.

Map was Eternal Battlegrounds
Blackgate held SM
SoR led Blackgate by ~10k points
Long queue to enter EB for Blackgate
TC’s Overlook was T3 (waypoint built)
TC’s Veloka was T3 (700/700 supply with lots of siege inside)

SoR attempts to take Overlook with I-don’t-know-what, but they were stopped at OL west gate. The swords there warned us that there was a fight going on. We were in our corner of the map at the time. Commander takes the zerg and pushes for Veloka, using four (!) superior rams and taking it without resistance. Around this time SoR fails to take OL and goes on to take Mendon’s. After taking Veloka BG builds 7 Omega golems and goes for OL as well, but get wiped; while BG were outside Overlook SoR takes SM, ending the 2v1.

I think there’s no rational reason for the commander to go for Overlook / Veloka, other than to prey on TC. TC could do nothing about it – they’re stuck in a 1v2 against two superior servers. It must be very frustrating for them since they’ve already done all they can (holding Overlook), yet their position still deteriorated dramatically.

Shortly before I transferred out of SoS I had this week playing against JQ and FA. JQ had enough of a numerical advantage to simply roll over SoS and FA, which they did, but not just that they started spawn camping people with superior Ballistae while spamming /laugh. Not funny. TC are way stronger than SoS or FA, but even so. BG shouldn’t play like JQ. I’m disappointed, really.

You do understand the reason TC gets hit with a 2v1 is because they are unwilling to partake in one them selves. I would bet most BG commanders would love nothing more than to push SoRs side but ever time they do TC has to try to hit a tower on BG’s side. This forces BG to come back and after a few times the only logical thing to do is to push TC. And SoR is going to jump on a 2v1 against TC because that keeps the 2v1 off them and they get to hold more PPT and upgrade there stuff.

Bullkitten. Maybe we could focus on SoR if BG would stop back capping us and rushing our keeps.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fade.7658

Fade.7658

Dis SoR lose some ocean/sea folk? Or have we been lacking there for some time? Trying to understand what’s going on, since I’m unable to log in for a bit.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

PPT aside, and I can only speak for Oceanic/SEA time but WTF is up with BG just running away from fights?

Aside from us forcing the fight on you guys (in the keeps) every open field fight is pretty much you taking off in a different direction. The few that we do get it’s pretty much due to you having a wall or something to stand behind. I would’ve said you were waiting on superior numbers to attack, but even that’s not the case.

If your new tactic is to bore the few SoR players that we can muster up in Oceanic time to leave the map so you can PvD, it’s working pretty well.

[DONE]

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

PPT aside, and I can only speak for Oceanic/SEA time but WTF is up with BG just running away from fights?

Aside from us forcing the fight on you guys (in the keeps) every open field fight is pretty much you taking off in a different direction. The few that we do get it’s pretty much due to you having a wall or something to stand behind. I would’ve said you were waiting on superior numbers to attack, but even that’s not the case.

If your new tactic is to bore the few SoR players that we can muster up in Oceanic time to leave the map so you can PvD, it’s working pretty well.

Lol… How can you play in that time zone and be that oblivious?