Posted by: insy.7083

insy.7083

Insaneman – ZDs

(edited by insy.7083)

10/25: SoR/BG/TC (Gold League Round 2)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Akkadian.7206

Akkadian.7206

Anvil, meet hammer? I wish now that JQ acquires their own EU guild in time for the next clash.

This was very appropriate.

Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

All I am saying is that obviously aiming for fights haven’t make SoR very happy, it makes IRON frustrated, it makes NA and SEA suffers, and overall just make it very unfun for most people. Maybe IRON should rethink what is more important, bags or points

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

At this current time that is what im saying, ZDs primetime is during the switch of SEA -> EU which there are NO guilds to fight and so they coming here seems pointless because they will just PvD and from what EU sources ZDs dont want to PvD and so they will leave NA in a few weeks unless they are able to attract more competition from their timezone over which I highly doubt as we have already tried..

So yeah, enjoy being bored of rubbing faces onto keyboards onto doors i hope its really great fun for you guys..

No guilds? SONG, SAHP and NYS can’t stay up a bit later to hand off to IRON, AFTL, KISS and WIC (how come nobody mentions the WIC transfer to SoR?). Surely there are enough commanders across these guilds to run other players on the map through these zones. I know many BG NA commanders and players have been playing more often and longer to help hand offs into OCX and beyond. Our SEA has been hit hard with SUPR moving to SBI and our Thai friends having ISP problems, so LP has barely been able to play this week or at all.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

All I am saying is that obviously aiming for fights haven’t make SoR very happy, it makes IRON frustrated, it makes NA and SEA suffers, and overall just make it very unfun for most people. Maybe IRON should rethink what is more important, bags or points

Thats where your logic is flawed, guilds don’t care for bags nor points. they are a by product of good fights, which top guilds are after.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Posted by: DKNS.2135

DKNS.2135

At this current time that is what im saying, ZDs primetime is during the switch of SEA -> EU which there are NO guilds to fight and so they coming here seems pointless because they will just PvD and from what EU sources ZDs dont want to PvD and so they will leave NA in a few weeks unless they are able to attract more competition from their timezone over which I highly doubt as we have already tried..

So yeah, enjoy being bored of rubbing faces onto keyboards onto doors i hope its really great fun for you guys..

Instead of complaining, why don’t you get your people to adjust themselves between the two zones. How do you think BG survived these many months in EU zone? Also, from what you are saying, do you mean to say that around Russian time, there is absolutely no one playing from SoR that they can’t even handle for one hour till the other zones log back in? Like seriously? Do you seriously mean that you have exactly 23 hours coverage and BG got a guild in the one hour you didn’t? And for crying out loud, the ZD guys themselves came and said how they are a small casual guild, not some big force. Like do you people seriously have that big of a hole that no one can handle a small guild? Sounds to me like just plain excuses.

BG LA Best LA !!!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shifty.4985

Shifty.4985

No guilds? SONG, SAHP and NYS can’t stay up a bit later to hand off to IRON, AFTL, KISS and WIC (how come nobody mentions the WIC transfer to SoR?). Surely there are enough commanders across these guilds to run other players on the map through these zones. I know many BG NA commanders and players have been playing more often and longer to help hand offs into OCX and beyond. Our SEA has been hit hard with SUPR moving to SBI and our Thai friends having ISP problems, so LP has barely been able to play this week or at all.

SONG/SAHP/NYS/etc always have logged early and you would think we have the commanders but JQ/BG have bought almost all that we had off us

Ex [HB]|[IRON][][RIP][RawR]
The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

Butter.3024

Thats where your logic is flawed, guilds don’t care for bags nor points. they are a by product of good fights, which top guilds are after.

Think again

How can you get good fights if you don’t have any towers or keeps, they would just park inside and build AC all days, why would they come out they are winning

Now if IRON has SM or enemy garri, obviously they will stack up and come fight to get back their stuffs

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fade.7658

Fade.7658

SoR BL is blue. Seriously, did everyone just log off and give up?

in Match-ups

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

190 ppt

I thought right now is IRON prime time

Just transfer off man, there are other options that can carry you if you need ppt. JQ for one will welcome you with open arms.

in Match-ups

DKNS.2135

Honestly IRON, from your constant forum trolling to this response over just one small guild that BG got, i have absolutely no respect for you guys. What kind of WvW guild are you that you have absolutely zero behavioral policy about how to behave on the forums? I have been part of tons of WvW guilds and almost all of them follow some standards for behaving on the forums.

BG LA Best LA !!!

in Match-ups

Shifty.4985

The line can only be drawn at BG/JQ buying to win the season instead of playing through with what you had. Servers should have been locked. SoR were hoping JQ/BG wouldnt get anymore guilds as it was evenly balanced but they had to ruin the fun and PvD to win instead of fight to win.

The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

Posted by: insy.7083

insy.7083

A secret, soon our Russian friends will come to your aid

Insaneman – ZDs

in Match-ups

Posted by: BAEK.8561

BAEK.8561

This is most likely what’s happening between BG and SoR

Undisputable facts:
1. BG has a greater total population than SoR
2. SoR has a higher percentage of players who focus on WvW
3. WvW Season has attracted a lot of PvEers looking for achievement points

On weekends, I’m sure both servers queued all 4 maps almost 24/7. This means both servers were fielding equal numbers at all times. BG most likely had a lot more percentage of PvE players running around in WvW than SoR did, simply due to facts #1 and 2. And because dedicated WvW players are generally better at WvW than PvE players, SoR won more fights because they had more WvW players on the map than BG did. The PPT over the weekend (and steamrolling of BG BL) confirm this.

Now on weekdays, where queues start to drop especially during off-times, the outcome of the battle shifts from quality over quantity to quantity over quality. The server with superior numbers will outshine the other. When the other server is simply outmanned, it really doesn’t matter if you’re fielding PvE players or WvW players, because any player (PvE or WvW) will always beat doors. So, since BG has a much greater PvE population that is all over WvW hungry for some achievement points, there is no way SoR can match BG’s numbers. The pattern has been like this between BG and SoR for a long time, with SoR performing better on weekends and BG performing better on weekdays. But it has become more severe with WvW Season attracting even more PvE player base, which benefits BG more than it does SoR, simply because BG has a much greater PvE population.

All in all, who cares. This isn’t to say that one server is better than the other. We should all just be grateful for great fights because what would BG or SoR be without the other?

{Sanctum of Rall} Since Day -3
Weekend Guardian/Elementalist
No Guild Affiliation

in Match-ups

Butter.3024

Honestly IRON, from your constant forum trolling to this response over just one small guild that BG got, i have absolutely no respect for you guys. What kind of WvW guild are you that you have absolutely zero behavioral policy about how to behave on the forums? I have been part of tons of WvW guilds and almost all of them follow some standards for behaving on the forums.

It’s called ego syndrome

They ran around looking for fights while BGs building AC and then IRON complains why wont BG fight, because we have no more freaking tower for them to attack so BG has to stay inside.

in Match-ups

Shifty.4985

A) whatever Star/myself do o the forums is our actions and dont involve the guild
B) we do this for enjoyment
C) you think ZDs is small?? LOL

The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

scootshoot.6583

The line can only be drawn at BG/JQ buying to win the season instead of playing through with what you had. Servers should have been locked. SoR were hoping JQ/BG wouldnt get anymore guilds as it was evenly balanced but they had to ruin the fun and PvD to win instead of fight to win.

It’s all good most of them will be back to kissing IRON and SOR’s butt when we dictate who wins gold in week 7. Spoiler role can be real fun!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Psykoyul.9147

Psykoyul.9147

And for crying out loud, the ZD guys themselves came and said how they are a small casual guild, not some big force. Like do you people seriously have that big of a hole that no one can handle a small guild? Sounds to me like just plain excuses.

You obviously have no clue of what you’re talking about.
And top of that you can’t recognize irony when you see it.
Za Drots is a lot of things but certainly not a small casula guild.
Make yourself a favor and document yourself on the who’s who of EU guilds before adding to this conversation.

Btw welcome ZDs, we’ll try to pinch you when we’ll meet

GM of Soul Reapers [SR] JQ

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

If servers were locked when Leagues were announced, BG would’ve won anyway. MERC was still on the server, JQ was still bleeding guilds, and SoR was still hardcore Fractals server… But I agree with you, T1 should have been locked. At the very least the achievement hunters and single transfers would’ve been stuck elsewhere.

in Match-ups

Posted by: TheUsualCulprit.3187

TheUsualCulprit.3187

you are generalising a whole guild from a few individuals, most of us have never even been on the forums. they just play the game to have fun without all the drama

The Usual Culprit
Co-Leader of [YOLO] Turning Commanders Into Moa’s

in Match-ups

Butter.3024

They play to win, simply as that

Don’t complained because other server simply trying to win

in Match-ups

Liquid.9672

SONG/SAHP/NYS/etc always have logged early and you would think we have the commanders but JQ/BG have bought almost all that we had off us

I see. We bought SoR commanders. Okay then.

[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: spanky.4630

spanky.4630

190 ppt

you are wrong its not our primetime yet please get your facts straight before trying to troll

Monkeyspanks – [IRON]

http://www.iron-gaming.com/

in Match-ups

Butter.3024

190 ppt

you are wrong its not our primetime yet please get your facts straight before trying to troll

When is it then

Because god knows we could use anyone help right now

(edited by Butter.3024)

in Match-ups

scootshoot.6583

Trolling your own server? Am gonna put you on my add list under Butter.3024 and see what class you bring to wvw, am gonna guess an up-levelled Ranger…

in Match-ups

Butter.3024

Trolling your own server? Am gonna put you on my add list under Butter.3024 and see what class you bring to wvw, am gonna guess an up-levelled Ranger…

What are you trying to prove?

I’m a lvl 17 ranger bear bow btw

(edited by Butter.3024)

in Match-ups

Liquid.9672

This is most likely what’s happening between BG and SoR

Undisputable facts:
1. BG has a greater total population than SoR
2. SoR has a higher percentage of players who focus on WvW
3. WvW Season has attracted a lot of PvEers looking for achievement points

On weekends, I’m sure both servers queued all 4 maps almost 24/7. This means both servers were fielding equal numbers at all times. BG most likely had a lot more percentage of PvE players running around in WvW than SoR did, simply due to facts #1 and 2. And because dedicated WvW players are generally better at WvW than PvE players, SoR won more fights because they had more WvW players on the map than BG did. The PPT over the weekend (and steamrolling of BG BL) confirm this.

Now on weekdays, where queues start to drop especially during off-times, the outcome of the battle shifts from quality over quantity to quantity over quality. The server with superior numbers will outshine the other. When the other server is simply outmanned, it really doesn’t matter if you’re fielding PvE players or WvW players, because any player (PvE or WvW) will always beat doors. So, since BG has a much greater PvE population that is all over WvW hungry for some achievement points, there is no way SoR can match BG’s numbers. The pattern has been like this between BG and SoR for a long time, with SoR performing better on weekends and BG performing better on weekdays. But it has become more severe with WvW Season attracting even more PvE player base, which benefits BG more than it does SoR, simply because BG has a much greater PvE population.

All in all, who cares. This isn’t to say that one server is better than the other. We should all just be grateful for great fights because what would BG or SoR be without the other?

Sensible post IMO, but I thought I’d comment on a couple things. First, I’d be careful with “undisputable facts”, when you really don’t have the actual data to back it up. I don’t necessarily disagree with your assessment, but that doesn’t make it fact. Second, the turn over into the week isn’t exactly “quantity over quality”. It just means as total participation drops into the week days it allows BG to get more of it’s hardcore WvW players onto maps, to better direct and motivate the “quantity”. It’s not easy though. Just yesterday during SEA we almost lost Garri and had a very frustrated SEA commander log out because players on the map weren’t rallying. My point is, it’s not as simple as “quantity over quality”.

[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Shifty.4985

I dont see what your trying to prove with these videos, i said you dont pvd in eu but you do in na, are you trying to support me??

but also on the second video, the assassin with the tormented shield, dhuum soul reaper in black obsi armor with chaos armor and blindfold.. looks oddly familiar, oh right ye its what i requested to be drawn from the gw1 days on gwgurur.. gg

The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

scootshoot.6583

What are you trying to prove?

I’m a lvl 17 ranger bear bow btw

hehe, I called it. It’s all good man but it was way too obvious.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

190 ppt

Just transfer off man, there are other options that can carry you if you need ppt. JQ for one will welcome you with open arms and closed ques.

Edited that for you

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Butter.3024

Seems like BG is gonna triple WP SoR BL?

IRON can only carry so much on BG bl

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liza.2758

Liza.2758

it’s even more BS when it came from IRON mouth.

who the hell u fought in EU ? HB RK ? 10 man raid that play half of the week ?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Elano.2014

Elano.2014

Are you online right now? Isn’t BGBL queueing for BG? :/

in Match-ups

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

wut

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in Match-ups

DKNS.2135

Ok i exaggerated a lot when i said ZD are a small guild but the point is that all this QQ over one such guild is just ridiculous, especially from IRON members who enjoyed EU all these months without much competition.

BG LA Best LA !!!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liza.2758

Liza.2758

Are you online right now? Isn’t BGBL queueing for BG? :/

yes now but there were no blobing guild like IRON

in Match-ups

Shifty.4985

gawd, why do so many people need to learn to count -_-

The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

Posted by: Serkz.3140

Serkz.3140

If IRON left SoR, SoR will become the next TC

This is sad time, sad time indeed. As much as I love SoR it is looking very bad

Chin up. SoR is a strong WvW server and I know Blackgate will never underestimate them or rest easy unless it’s clear that a lead is insurmountable. Morale and momentum plays a huge part in this game mode, and there are always peaks and valleys, which are amplified by morale/interest swings in a server’s more popular and effective commanders. This can turn on a dime and often when you least expect it.

The first 7-8 pages of this thread you get to experience SoRs flaunting and parading. I didn’t have much time to comment then coz I was busy dropping water bombs for allies in EB.

Anyhow, thanks for keeping it classy.

Last round, BG was the least stacked. Now I still think we are after learning about SUPRs transfer. Most ppl will never realize the level of commitment the core community has. The commanders last round were up crazy hours. Although we only get a small piece of the inbound guild transfer pie, those that make BG their home often share the same passion we have.

80 ele | wolf rank | Bgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Elano.2014

Elano.2014

SONG/SAHP/NYS almost never do overtime, except only a handful of times where they started maybe an hour earlier but still ended at the usual time. The thing with BG is that they often pull overtime (as you stated yourself), whereas only a few commanders on SoR would do that. It’s pretty admirable to be honest.

yes now but there were no blobing guild like IRON

You pretty much answered your own question.

in Match-ups

Butter.3024

SoR FEAR commanders pull over time like everyday

in Match-ups

Posted by: celeron.3469

celeron.3469

To the oPP mesmer in TC BL at the ruins, I have taken your guys advice and doing some small man. Hope the loot bag I give you makes a hole in your back pack <3

Late response: But I’m glad you tried it out. You have to start somewhere and you may not always win, but you will be a better player because of it. Just last night I was at windmill dueling some GF guys and a SoR warrior. There was also a SoR Recruit spectating, the warrior told us the guy was new and was asking him for help. So he gave him his build. I think you guys got a new roamer last night.

Just something people may not see but is a positive of this living story thing.

Also while I’m catching up on this thread, I assume that was Slynn. He’d destroy me too. He doesn’t read or post in this thread though, he just plays the game.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Darkened.4076

Darkened.4076

Inner Sanctum [Coin] is looking to GvG anyone from TC towards the end of the week. Prefer 20v20 platform. Don’t care about buffs. Message me in-game to arrange for some decent fights.

Béatrix Windrunner | Squad Leader
Desolation BlackGate Gandara | Veteran Commander
Inner Sanctum [Coin]

in Match-ups

Butter.3024

105 ppt

R.I.P

in Match-ups

Posted by: Troma.3250

Troma.3250

Ok i exaggerated a lot when i said ZD are a small guild but the point is that all this QQ over one such guild is just ridiculous, especially from IRON members who enjoyed EU all these months without much competition.

ZDs could be a game changer, they are very focused on what they do, and they are good in fights. They were the bigger danger on SFR clearly.

Hello from France, i get back to my Vizunah’s posts

co-founder of Grand Cross Alliance
General of Grand Cross Knights [GCK]
www.grandcross.fr/codex-gck

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

Nobody really has the force to contend with ZDs during the time slot they play. Unfortunately for them, they will get bored rather quickly unless they start staying up really late to play with IRON/NA. Maybe them coming over will attract more EU to the NA servers. I doubt it though.

(edited by Burl.9567)

in Match-ups

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Only reason we (BG) are winning right now is the hard work and huge overtime that our commanders and players have put in. SOR is a formidable opponent who could crush us on any given week. So we have a hard fight ahead of us for the next 2.5 weeks. I look forward to it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: ViRuE.3612

ViRuE.3612

Lol. Just lol.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Morphman.6312

Morphman.6312

Maybe them coming over will attract more EU to the NA servers. I doubt it though.

I’ve got a weird feeling that they might attract more EU guilds to the top NA servers

in Match-ups

Posted by: sorceren.4691

sorceren.4691

Seems like SOR is having an interesting week with their own players not only turning on IRON on the forums but I hear other guilds as well. I’m told DIE guild held an hour long guild meeting while in spawn of TC border during NA prime time preventing any interested parties getting on and defending the map while we golem rushed towards bay. Thanks for that, who do we sent the gold to DIE?

in Match-ups

Posted by: zeus.2375

zeus.2375

105 ppt

R.I.P

Doing this in public doesn’t help. Perhaps you should communicate internally with your server to improve the situation? I still believe SoR is a strong server to go up against regardless of what is happening at this very hour and I’m not even on SoR.