10/4 Fergomatic/Big Bro SF/Zerghaven

in Match-ups

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

If I look at my combat, both thieves together, were hitting me for 4k backstabs + Heartseeker each while keeping me permablinded. I have 3.3k Armor and 20k hp. I am not a thief or mesmer who can steath, nor do I run GS because I really don’t like that weapon. My only options is to stay and die, or fight and die anyway. I am confident in my own abilities, but I also like to roam alone when I’m not seeing that our side needs an extra man. I Enjoy 1v1 fights as they are fairly balanced.

You may say don’t complain about duos, or 5 mans, but then again. If I’m running with 5+ people and the rest of my team is running someone into the ground I don’t join them. I Don’t mess with a 1v1 if I run into one, and I don’t even interrupt enemy spikes. I use to just jump into 1v1’s regardless, but I choose to be a little bit honorable even if my enemy doesn’t see this in the same light. All I ask is if you want a fight you break away from the group and through me a bow, a point, anything at all. I’ll fight you, and I’ll win/lose with honor and take my spike like a man.

and this is why America won the revolutionary war against the British. They were all into gentleman’s warfare and they QQ’ed hard when we used guerilla tactics. It’s not fair! It’s not honorable!

I still try to leave duels etc alone I don’t wanna ruin anyone’s fun but I have never met a server that hesitates to gank me 1v5 and if I see my server ganking someone I will not hesitate to try to land a hit for the kill and loot bag.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mepheles.2087

Mepheles.2087

If I remember correctly, that was a group fight, not 6-7 people mercilessly beating on one person. That has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Even if everyone in this game turns into dirty gankers, I’ll still have some semblance of dignity.

But I guess I’m talking to bricks walls reinforced with steel.

Gates of Madness

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

If I remember correctly, that was a group fight, not 6-7 people mercilessly beating on one person. That has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Even if everyone in this game turns into dirty gankers, I’ll still have some semblance of dignity.

But I guess I’m talking to bricks walls reinforced with steel.

No, you are talking to people who think you are silly. You are the one with the strange view here, not us.

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in Match-ups

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

No honor in outnumbering someone. Come at me like someone who can actually play the game.

You are mad because you got killed by people who outnumbered you. Boohoo.

Yeah, I am a bit irritated. But then I guess their collective skill might actually add up to one person, so in a sense, It was still an even fight.

Oh good, calling them out for doing something that almost everyone does. You do understand that you are the outlier here? This is how the game is played. This is how the game will always be played. If you don’t like getting zerged down, play a thief or change up your warrior to be able to outrun the zerg.

It’s like that. I am fine with getting beat up by the zerg. being destroyed by like 20 people I can deal with. But it’s 6. Not 10, not 15, not 20. 6 is not a zerg, that’s a group of bullies. Same for the two thieves who were sitting outside of our spawn bursting down anyone who came out. It’s not the server. It’s just that group.

if you ran as a 5 man group, would you call a group of 10 that steamrolls your group bullies too?

Of course not. We would expect 5+ groups to put a halt to whatever we’re doing. Taking camps, towers, or whatever. When you intentionally go 6v1, it’s not cool. 5v10, a fight can be had, depending on the overall skills of each groups, but in a 1vx there is no skill to be had.

so youll moan about “hopeless” odds when you prolly have some sign of being a dangerous person who will take camps or whatever… but you would be ok being rolled by a bigger group if your friends do too?

im trying to figure out why youre kittening. is it loneliness? that you dislike being outnumbered? that you have no confidence in your own skills? that you dont find escapes to be an interesting mechanic and so you choose not to run any? or u tryin to drama dis thred n maek it interestin?

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Match-ups

Mepheles.2087

No honor in outnumbering someone. Come at me like someone who can actually play the game.

Yeah, I am a bit irritated. But then I guess their collective skill might actually add up to one person, so in a sense, It was still an even fight.

Oh good, calling them out for doing something that almost everyone does. You do understand that you are the outlier here? This is how the game is played. This is how the game will always be played. If you don’t like getting zerged down, play a thief or change up your warrior to be able to outrun the zerg.

It’s like that. I am fine with getting beat up by the zerg. being destroyed by like 20 people I can deal with. But it’s 6. Not 10, not 15, not 20. 6 is not a zerg, that’s a group of bullies. Same for the two thieves who were sitting outside of our spawn bursting down anyone who came out. It’s not the server. It’s just that group.

if you ran as a 5 man group, would you call a group of 10 that steamrolls your group bullies too?

Of course not. We would expect 5+ groups to put a halt to whatever we’re doing. Taking camps, towers, or whatever. When you intentionally go 6v1, it’s not cool. 5v10, a fight can be had, depending on the overall skills of each groups, but in a 1vx there is no skill to be had.

so youll moan about “hopeless” odds when you prolly have some sign of being a dangerous person who will take camps or whatever… but you would be ok being rolled by a bigger group if your friends do too?

im trying to figure out why youre kittening. is it loneliness? that you dislike being outnumbered? that you have no confidence in your own skills? that you dont find escapes to be an interesting mechanic and so you choose not to run any? or u tryin to drama dis thred n maek it interestin?

You have no idea WHAT you’re talking about do you? Resorting to attacking my personal character is all thats left?

Gates of Madness

in Match-ups

Mepheles.2087

To the Elementalist from ELE, Goodfight. No, amazing fight. Best fight I’ve had this week. Too bad your companions interrupted it.

Gates of Madness

in Match-ups

Posted by: Drastic.8920

Drastic.8920

The amount of times I’ve been ganked by a 5-man group or (1vX) by DH is quite a bit; but it’s part of the game. To expect a group to change their style of play to accommodate to yours for an “even” playing field is unrealistic. Everyone is essentially looking for a way to get the upper hand; whether it be through siege, numbers, element of surprise, etc.

Respawn and try again. Chances are if you are in someone else’s BL you didn’t have a repair bill anyways.

FC: Remnant Militant [SNKY]

in Match-ups

Mepheles.2087

The amount of times I’ve been ganked by a 5-man group or (1vX) by DH is quite a bit; but it’s part of the game. To expect a group to change their style of play to accommodate to yours for an “even” playing field is unrealistic. Everyone is essentially looking for a way to get the upper hand; whether it be through siege, numbers, element of surprise, etc.

Respawn and try again. Chances are if you are in someone else’s BL you didn’t have a repair bill anyways.

I don’t expect that. I never said I did, although if I look back at my post it may seem that way. The ones who don’t turn around and run back to their group are people I know that have some sense of fairness. They are on every server, and those people give the best fights, and those people I strive to look for when I go out and roam. Shouldn’t have to wait till thursday for a decent fight. Should be able to find one just by looking around. I know, I have seen my companions 1v5 lone SF/FC members, and other such people. It can’t be helped, but it still ticks me off when either side do it. It doesn’t matter, I’m not mad anymore. I just wanted to get my point across.

Gates of Madness

in Match-ups

Posted by: Narsil.6579

Narsil.6579

I haven’t solo roamed in months. It’s much more fun to chatter over TS with your friends! For 1v1, I go to fight night or the dueling spvp servers.

Waiting till thursday is terrible. plus, I feel like I’m a little less balanced in SvP with 3.3k Attack and 24k HP and a ton of crit. lol. I just want to roam for an hour or so, find some decent duels that aren’t with mesmers, and then log. /shrug

problem is game is unbalanced, and idk how Anet thinks anymore, seriously , as a mesmer, I do feel awesome smashing most classes even though I’ve been mega nerfed multiple times by now, and mesmers arent as they were once in their glory days.

Even then I find myself bored, i either faceroll someone, or die to a huge zerg of baddies I’ve kitten ed off and they come for me (SF).

At times I feel like ditching this game for a year going to a new MMO and coming back to see if it is worth it.

Most fair duels or fights I get are other mesmer, usually thieves its just me and phants sitting in blinds all day until i get em out of refuge and burst em down, or they take like 20 mins with perma blinds on me until i mess up and go down. Or the stupid Ranger & Phant pet Ai which in a duel if there is a nearby target or mob they will focus that and then the thief just goes for me while my stupid phants are ganging on a moa or boar. Seriously I have to shatter then and then the thief reset and i know i have a small window if that thief keeps perma blinding and bursting, and most of the time it isnt the crit that kills, its the added sigil of fire blast that crits along with it.

[HP/MM]Mesmer / Warrior
Borlis Noob / FergPug
Scout Sailor Moon

in Match-ups

insanemaniac.2456

You have no idea WHAT you’re talking about do you? Resorting to attacking my personal character is all thats left?

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

I’ve been reading your thread in hopes there would be something interesting than the ET thread matchup.

At least you guys are on page 2!

I think the matches are dead everywhere xD Maybe we should make a marriage between ET and FC and SF should go with DH or AR or DR, We should form mega servers so we can all make this more interesting, I go for the name Ferguson’s Terrace, or Eredon’s Crossing, and Haven of Sorrows, or Dark Furnace. Then we can storm NSP together and claim throne

Yer late, Narsil. The Super-Servers are as follows:

1. Sorrow’s Terrace of Denravi’s Crossing
  2. Dark Isle of Janthaven
  3. Devona’s Anvil of Madness
Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Match-ups

Mepheles.2087

I have my answer.

Gates of Madness

in Match-ups

insanemaniac.2456

I have my answer.

you think i dont know youre kittening for the sake of kittening?

in Match-ups

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

I’ve been reading your thread in hopes there would be something interesting than the ET thread matchup.

I think the matches are dead everywhere xD Maybe we should make a marriage between ET and FC and SF should go with DH or AR or DR, We should form mega servers so we can all make this more interesting, I go for the name Ferguson’s Terrace, or Eredon’s Crossing, and Haven of Sorrows, or Dark Furnace. Then we can storm NSP together and claim throne

Best post in the thread

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in Match-ups

Mepheles.2087

I have my answer.

If you have to ask, you must already know the answer. Done with responding to you.

Gates of Madness

in Match-ups

Posted by: Narsil.6579

Narsil.6579

But but but but but but but but but but

Sf and Hod ET and FC are already the biggest servers, joining them would be like going to a playground and chosing the top 4 school athletes to compete agaisnt the other kids wo clearly aren’t at their prime yet to do much…

Ok look DHIOJ is clearly a weaker molecule compared to SFFCHODET which by far outweighs the others according to the Millenium Table of elements, and the ARDR molecule by far isn’t even being near a noble gas as compared to SFFCHODET, seriously , this would create and imbalance, making SFFCHODET oversaturated, unless if of course the NSP buffer was present…

[HP/MM]Mesmer / Warrior
Borlis Noob / FergPug
Scout Sailor Moon

in Match-ups

Posted by: Elkanah Of Gedor.3081

Elkanah Of Gedor.3081

First, the topic name is hilarious (Fergomatic made me laugh so hard).

I want to give a shout out to FC! You guys have been fighting hard and I’ve had a blast facing you. Regardless of what happens, you guys deserve first place (or at the very least, second)!

Thanks for the fun!

Bahmoosa | Norn Guardian | Commander
Leader of [CRIM]
Darkhaven

in Match-ups

Posted by: melodey.4652

melodey.4652

You guys from [WZ], total pros, chasing me down when I got left behind with like 6 people after I stopped the warrior from picking someone off.

You seem a bit mad.

I think I’m on Mepheles’ side for this one, haha. Totes pro. Gave us some lulz and some nice 2vX, although getting danced on by a [WZ] warrior at the end with three forms of stacks I like to think of as an artistic interpretation of an homage to killing so many of you ;P

Attachments:

Yak Slappin’ Bunker- roamin n stuffs [PD] [Duck]
all classes 80, who is the cheesiest of them all?
gw2 dress-up barbie is the real endgame

in Match-ups

insanemaniac.2456

You guys from [WZ], total pros, chasing me down when I got left behind with like 6 people after I stopped the warrior from picking someone off.

You seem a bit mad.

I think I’m on Mepheles’ side for this one, haha. Totes pro. Gave us some lulz and some nice 2vX, although getting danced on by a [WZ] warrior at the end with three forms of stacks I like to think of as an artistic interpretation of an homage to killing so many of you ;P

i think i know who at least 1/2 of these people are lol

in Match-ups

insanemaniac.2456

I have my answer.

If you have to ask, you must already know the answer. Done with responding to you.

made you mad enough to stop posting lololololo

in Match-ups

Mepheles.2087

You seem a bit mad.

Yeah, I don’t you’ll ever find one alone, that’s for sure. EB which is empty at this time of night had some pretty decent fights, that my compatriots seem to like interrupting every chance they get, lol… still even though I don’t like the way the match-up plays hot potato it is fairly even, and I have enjoyed myself more often than not.

Gates of Madness

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nuttcase.2738

Nuttcase.2738

Good fights with the [ICC] thief tonight but the perplexity engi (same guild) totally wrecked me.

Human Guard-Human Mesmer-Asuran Necro
[BS]-[LION]-[Main]
Zerguson’s Crossing. 11111 all day, er day.

in Match-ups

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Had some fun last night in my SF BL with my Guardian fighting that set of mezzies, thief and warrior. Thanks for helping me with some of the kinks in my form. I look forward to more stomping and getting stomped. (Its the only way to improve.)

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

in Match-ups

Posted by: ClaraFee.2579

ClaraFee.2579

Awesome!!! PVP is best when it’s personal. Best. Best. Best.

[MGW] [DHA] [VII]
Join Darkhaven at http://www.darkhaven.us

in Match-ups

Posted by: mugen.4763

mugen.4763

umm why can I see DH zerg in my minimap, i’m from SF? o.O

Attachments:

Mugen Tsukuyomi [ABC]
Sorrow’s Furnace

in Match-ups

Posted by: vitali.1609

vitali.1609

Why would my map show the the DarkHaven players on it ?
When I hovered over the orange dots it said what server they were from.
Still trying to figure out how to post the screenshot i took…little help would be great.

in Match-ups

Solstice.1097

Sometimes when you first WP somewhere it shows those orange dots.

It only seems to happen right after WP’ing and then it goes away.

I recall seeing that yesterday myself when I WP to our EB keep and SF was at Jerrifer’s. It’s an old glitch but it’s been a long time since I’ve seen it so apparently something is causing it to happen more often now.

in Match-ups

Posted by: bigsal.7061

bigsal.7061

…. laughing at the end and jumping on my body was very unsportsmanlike.

I do that too, /dance on bodies. My legs hurt from so much corpsedancing outside the SF spawn in EB yesterday. 1500 unit longbow range is easy to underestimate

But SF – your evening zergs have been brutal! We were on teamspeak Friday and Saturday nights guffawing over how badly outnumbered we were so late at night. You put together an impressive grouping.

Hell ya that 1500 is very nice, when I heard you guys were camping our spawn I went out there and wiped ever one of your guys stacks that I saw before leaving. Was a few rangers in that bunch that always pushed too far and were eaten and thats when the dancing began.

StaR-SF
Crazyhorse

in Match-ups

Posted by: geekanerd.4123

geekanerd.4123

Meanwhile, aside for the silly quibbling: Holee kitten farts. This is one helluva match-up. There’s about a cunny-hair’s worth of separation between the lot of ya. I’m going to continue watching this one. Good stuff in tier 6 and 5 right now. I’m waiting to see if somebody can finally break it open or if it’s going to be a goatstroke all the way up until Friday afternoon.

Go Ferg!

[DIE] – FA
“Is it uplevel ranger season yet?”

in Match-ups

clint.5681

Meanwhile, aside for the silly quibbling: Holee kitten farts. This is one helluva match-up. There’s about a cunny-hair’s worth of separation between the lot of ya. I’m going to continue watching this one. Good stuff in tier 6 and 5 right now. I’m waiting to see if somebody can finally break it open or if it’s going to be a goatstroke all the way up until Friday afternoon.

Go SF!

There was some interesting words in there bud

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior

in Match-ups

insanemaniac.2456

i shoulda screenshot the score when dh and fc were tied
score was

or something like that. it was only 1s, 2s, and 4s <- making the math guy happy

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Goodfight to those six SF in FC BL who fought me, the Guard and the Thief. Although laughing at the end and jumping on my body was very unsportsmanlike.

SF tend to do that. Though the SF I know from the ghetto days where much nicer and respectable, its only recently they have turned into kittens.

FC and SF got tired of drama long ago when we were in the glicko ghetto. What you are experiencing is the same on every server, there are good players and there are the rest. Those jumping and doing such things (which yes, your server does the EXACT same things so stop pretending only people on SF do it) are mainly PvE players not knowing how to act. They should grow up as you should as well for calling out a whole server for a few toons antics.

Cantar Soulfyre-Norn W|Canter Soulfyre-Human G|Cantirus Foghorn – Charr R
Born and raised in Sorrow’s Furnace – WvWvWest Coast Squad
“All hail the mighty Flame Ram!!!” – said by Someone Somewhere at Sometime

in Match-ups

clint.5681

Goodfight to those six SF in FC BL who fought me, the Guard and the Thief. Although laughing at the end and jumping on my body was very unsportsmanlike.

SF tend to do that. Though the SF I know from the ghetto days where much nicer and respectable, its only recently they have turned into kittens.

FC and SF got tired of drama long ago when we were in the glicko ghetto. What you are experiencing is the same on every server, there are good players and there are the rest. Those jumping and doing such things (which yes, your server does the EXACT same things so stop pretending only people on SF do it) are mainly PvE players not knowing how to act. They should grow up as you should as well for calling out a whole server for a few toons antics.

in Match-ups

clint.5681

I felt the need to come here and explain something. Mesmer from [Nova] who i was supposed to 1v1 just like 3 mins ago. We bowed and i stood there and did nothing and got killed, im sure thats what it looked like to you lol.

On my side of things i somehow hit enter and so everything i was hitting was going into the chatbox. Total noob move and embarrassing lol just had to explain.

in Match-ups

Solstice.1097

SF you’re number right now are kittenING RIDICULOUS not to mention that you and DH are all hitting us in all angles with huge zergs kitten you seriously kitten you kittenes bring the pain we love it kitteners!

in Match-ups

clint.5681

Alright i redeem myself when DH tried jumping me and my guildmate.

in Match-ups

Posted by: the woodfist.6972

the woodfist.6972

Wish I was recording at FC’s keep in EBG, it was a big effort across borderlands and commanders to take that down.

Nice try on the portal bomb. I haven’t screamed so loud in TS since 2006.

These battles have been a lot of fun this week.

The Steel Ministry [SM]

in Match-ups

Mepheles.2087

I’m curious to see what kind of interesting fight would happen if WvW was a 2v2 week long fight…

Gates of Madness

in Match-ups

clint.5681

The kind where Lag and low fps wins and everyone else loses

in Match-ups

Mepheles.2087

I think besides that, it would be pretty interesting. Each side has 8 towers, and 2 keep. and SM of course, would be much larger. 2 BL’s which would have 8 Towers each and 4 keeps, and 2 Garrisons. Can you imagine looking from on high as two super armies clashed in a large area like The snowy field between bay and the Garrison. haha! such excitement!

Gates of Madness

in Match-ups

Posted by: Snavenhoj.9125

Snavenhoj.9125

Good fights this week. I wish the matches were like this every week, instead of ANET saying well here is a little variety. Go fight two servers 2-3 tiers higher than you and get slaughtered. Fighting FERG and DH has been really enjoyable. And to the Thief I dueled in DH BL good duel. Lasted like 15 minutes and thought we were gonna have a stalemate but I landed my banish an it went down hill from there And I apologize to the guy that interfered at the end at tried stomping you but I stopped him.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

to the FC Legendary War running 100Skulls gimmic build [sorry i dont remember your guild tag]:

you play a warrior well. i’ve only been beaten by 1 other 100 skulls war (the rest are bad at war or bad at playing the build in general). you were able to go toe-to-tow with me.

props.

see you again on the battlefield!

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

in Match-ups

insanemaniac.2456

asuran [fev] gs + s/p mes footman:

my internet cut out in the middle of our fight
youre good at avoiding my grenades.

in Match-ups

Posted by: torridstoic.7492

torridstoic.7492

This made my night, though I think the screenshots culled out a number of the pitchfork zerg that wanted my blood.

At The Vanguard.
Golemhaven [Van] – mesmer | guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: ptitminou.6489

ptitminou.6489

SF you’re number right now are kittenING RIDICULOUS not to mention that you and DH are all hitting us in all angles with huge zergs kitten you seriously kitten you kittenes bring the pain we love it kitteners!

Dunno what zergs you speak of, but in your BL, we were wiping your 50 man zerg with only 20 people. You want to know why you’re getting hit like that? Because [WZ]. Their fault, and it will only stop when you match with new servers and it seems DH pretty much got kitten ed at them too since they seem to want to drag you down rather than win now. Enjoy.

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten
Because censorship is the most important part of the MMO business.

in Match-ups

Posted by: nayners.9784

nayners.9784

Dunno what zergs you speak of, but in your BL, we were wiping your 50 man zerg with only 20 people. You want to know why you’re getting hit like that? Because [WZ]. Their fault, and it will only stop when you match with new servers and it seems DH pretty much got kitten ed at them too since they seem to want to drag you down rather than win now. Enjoy.

Not sure if everyone hates [WZ] because they think we’re all egotistical
or hates [WZ] because they see us as threats.

Attachments:

[WOC] [WZ] Deadly Nightsshade

in Match-ups

Mepheles.2087

You cannot explain this

Attachments:

Gates of Madness

in Match-ups

Posted by: beyonder.9735

beyonder.9735

lol FC is a joke stop putting gas in their heads.. using SOR tactics and still i dnt see what the big fuss is about.. on a lighter note it was fun wiping like 30-40 [WZ] while they hid behind balistas and we had half their #’s.
#[StaR]

Mesmer – Geekin The Visage
Necro – Mavaldo Gravemore [StaR]

in Match-ups

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

Sf and Hod ET and FC are already the biggest servers, joining them would be like going to a playground and chosing the top 4 school athletes to compete agaisnt the other kids wo clearly aren’t at their prime yet to do much…

Ok look DHIOJ is clearly a weaker molecule compared to SFFCHODET which by far outweighs the others according to the Millenium Table of elements, and the ARDR molecule by far isn’t even being near a noble gas as compared to SFFCHODET, seriously , this would create and imbalance, making SFFCHODET oversaturated, unless if of course the NSP buffer was present…

Made me laugh. +1

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Match-ups

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Thing is, the only one I personally came up with was Devona’s Anvil of Madness.
Dark Isle of Janthaven’s been mentioned for months, and Sorrow’s Terrace of Denravi’s Crossing was coined by -iirc- an old SFer during the Glicko Ghetto days.
(Specifically so that the enemy’d see a “STD” tag during WvW…)
As for the molecular pattern, you forgot that the ARDR is actually an ARDRGOM.
Which, when there are enough GoMnomberry Particules, would produce a hefty amount of (over-?)saturation. You must be one of those … Synergetics people.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior