10/4: TC/SoS/DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Speaking of which, TC does have a new guild to welcome to the server, which is a welcome change after the sad departure of some of our other guilds. I swear we should actually try and get a recruitment message up in the forums before the Season gets here. >_< Anyways, you guys in SOS might be more familiar with our newest transfers from Ehmry Bay though.

Looking forward to seeing more Good Fights [GF] on the Coast. =3

Ahhh, this is what mel was mentioning re: war council.

Welcome Good Fights [GF], glad to have ya – see ya in the battlefield

~ X [STUN]
*formerly [RE]

Thanks for the fights tonight TC, our OCX crew had a lot of fun fighting you guys.

Oh my god, I was in Hills when you guys capped it in DBBL. (the necro). Laughed my kitten off, DBBL was just a train last night.

To be honest I was popping in to grab a vista and hideout to go get a refill, but it swapped as soon as I got through outer and was kinda scratching head, ‘mhmmm kay, this should be interesting, guess I have to find another spot’.

I think all 3 servers had a blast in DBBL last night.

Thats an issue with DB, we have a large pve population that doesnt get involved with wvw that much, otherwise we would have a monster wvw population.

That’s the problem with every server in the game.
I’m actually going to be LMAO with glee as T1 loses it’s kitten during leagues when all the PvE folks go into WvW and clogs their queues for hours.

That’s just a silly blanket statement to say with TC in the room. Sharing is caring, if our pve players popped into wvw for the meta, then all the better. Our numbers would bloat bigger than t1 servers.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

(edited by Hexin.5603)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

TL;DR: We put in more work than you’re giving us credit for. Same goes for FA. (Not that you’re talking down to us, but by relation, we’re included in that broad statement you made about T2)

Like I said, I have respect for TC and for FA. I don’t like how FA plays these days (Oh you are in a fight with the tougher server in the match,? We’ll attack you too) but I always liked them besides that.
I’m talking more about the KN, DB, and now SBI effect.

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

That’s just a silly blanket statement to say with TC in the room. Sharing is caring, if our pve players popped into wvw for the meta, then all the better. Our numbers would bloat bigger than t1 servers.

TC is used to influxes of casuals into WvW.
As you’ve noticed, it’s hard to get a GvG in T1, since you have to wait over an hour for their guild to get through the queue as it is.
Add their casuals, and they’ll have the worst time getting their entire guilds through.

They’ll still curbstomp us with off hours pressure; but I feel good about the fact that people will not be able to WvW at all for days at a time. Let them stew in those fairweather juices.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lenador.1436

Lenador.1436

Speaking of DB, quit mobbing our bloodlust while your own BL is full-capped.

I know this is probably DB’s worst week(s) since TSYM and the others all went to SoS last October, but keep your self-respect through this.

Besides, outside of the crappy idea that are the leagues, the number one villain in your tragic story is TC. How about we get a 2v1 going so they can feel your pain as well? Just because we’re outnumbered doesn’t mean we have to be outmanned.

But we wanted the advantage of having that bloodlust so we can pretended we are not outmanned at all. And who cares bout PPT?

All that time talking to the Maguuma folks is clearly rubbing off. If you start claiming that DB is winning because it has better roamers then you might as well go fully over to dark side.

Nah all i said was tired of flipping towers/keeps b4 they just get zerged again with little chance to defend is boring so to the ruins!

Cön-Guardian DB
[Con] Supreme Team of Con

in Match-ups

Hexin.5603

As you’ve noticed, it’s hard to get a GvG in T1, since you have to wait over an hour for their guild to get through the queue as it is.
Add their casuals, and they’ll have the worst time getting their entire guilds through.

They’ll still curbstomp us with off hours pressure; but I feel good about the fact that people will not be able to WvW at all for days at a time. Let them stew in those fairweather juices.

Actually, when we fight T1 servers, we have literally no queue times, but I guess that’s why we get classed as 1.5. But yes, I imagine the JQ, BG, SoR may have queue times. I recon I saw a bandwagon to JQ write up a post about how he had to wait for 4 hours and still couldn’t get in on a non reset night. Everyone looked and saw his signature was JQ, and said – “oh that’s your problem right there”

So, it has already begun. I’d imagine there will be some more moves over the next week as the time closes in and people race to make some $$ to transfer. So it’s a bad to worse situation for them

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

...then you might as well go fully over to dark side.

Candles!...Only 1 silver each...

That is extortionate. I think I’m going to undercut you and sell my tea candles at 95c each.

Mine are TC candlesticks. Stick and wick, and nothing else that rhymes with -ick.

I thought most Magummybears...

It sounds a lot nicer than Magoomba. Best. Nick. EVER! For today.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

(edited by WyldKat.4712)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

…then you might as well go fully over to dark side.

Candles!…Only 1 silver each…

That is extortionate. I think I’m going to undercut you and sell my tea candles at 95c each.

Mine are TC candlesticks. Stick and wick, and nothing else that rhymes with -ick.

I thought most Magummybears…

It sounds a lot nicer than Magoomba. Best. Nick. EVER! For today.

Lick rhymes with -ick. And schtick, sick, mick, pick, tick, gkick…

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in Match-ups

Posted by: grave of hearts.7830

grave of hearts.7830

[/quote]

FA won tier 2 a handfull of times, and they were able to realistically compete with TC not -that- long ago, same goes for DB… you know, before all the bandwaggon guilds moved on. Back before they started losing people, and before FA lost BT, they had the manpower to make tier 2 at least -close-. The problem with BT was that they didnt USE that manpower effectively, and instead chose to play from 8-10 central time every night, pick one map and farm all they could and then dissapeared, sometimes without actually taking any objectives on the map other than a tower. It was always fun to turn their farm around on them and end up farming THEM though. All of my posts in a nutshell: “I miss the days when other T2 servers were competitive.”

Saying that T2 is only populated by “the next big thing” servers is under shooting the efforts that TC and FA made since launch to get to where they are. Getting out of tier 4 was purely by effort on TCs part. A lot of our PvE crowd started getting into WVW, which might seem why TC got mass transfers, when those people were already on the server. We have been getting a slow stream of wvw dedicated guilds for a LONG time now, but you should not under value the efforts of the commanders and guilds we’ve had since launch. The same way I would not undershoot DBs original crowd, who I’ve always respected, even through all the muck that was the bandwaggon guilds.
[/quote]

Sorry to bust your bubble there but dont defend FA.
When game launched the first thing i faced was a DB and FA blob.
They both began as stacked servers with guilds from gw1/other games.
Not to mention the youtube advertising and propaganda,and DB’s spies and recruit dogs.
I can understand TC saying they put some effort on,and i do respect that even if some guilds on it annoy me by going the cookiecutter meta.
But you still got bandwagoneers the momment the league got announced and people started figguring on which servers to move on to get a better chance at rewards.
The fact you didnt noticed the new tags and names popping left and right doesnt mean you didnt get them.
And no one will openly admit he is a bandwagoneer that just tagged along to get a free ride.
And dont even get me started on DB’s original crew,because most of it wasnt exactly feeling any remorse to abuse a glitch in the system instead of showing some restraint.
If they ever put an effort into something,that was to send in trolls and saboteurs.

SoS Defence and Emergency commander
If you see a gear above my head……run
If you see me Offline,its totaly not a trap

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

I respect the way TC has grown, but you had a small bandwagon over the spring and summer and it’s silly to pretend it didn’t happen. If anything you’ve probably lost a big chunk of that over the last few weeks; so this is becoming a silly conversation anymore.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

I respect the way TC has grown, but you had a small bandwagon over the spring and summer and it’s silly to pretend it didn’t happen. If anything you’ve probably lost a big chunk of that over the last few weeks; so this is becoming a silly conversation anymore.

Thats a 6 month period. Give me hard facts and guild tags. I only recall ONE time when FA tried to call TC a bandwaggon when we got NAGA and Awe, and it didnt catch on.
Edit: The problem here is that you dont seem to understand what makes a server a bandwaggon. Slow growth and transfers since launch =/= bandwaggon. Group of guilds organizing a jump to a lower server to stack it = bandwaggon. AKA kaineng, DB, SBI.

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]

(edited by Nickthemoonwolf.1485)

in Match-ups

Usagi.4835

Bandwagons generally collapse from the weight of everyone’s collective egos and lootbags. TC hasn’t collapsed so… bandwagon? I say nay.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

Transferring to one server or another is okay as long as you find it fun as a player. Don’t care what other people think is the better way to approach it.

Grind out the win, and shove that trophy on their faces.

That being said.

SOS defense reminds me of Greed from Full Metal Alchemist. The ultimate shield.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Match-ups

Posted by: kaian.2615

kaian.2615

as if defending garri, against a big kitten TC zerg wasnt hard enough, someone goes and pops an upgrade to clear our supply, free trial week FTW.

[CNB] Sea of Sorrows

(edited by kaian.2615)

in Match-ups

grave of hearts.7830

Transferring to one server or another is okay as long as you find it fun as a player. Don’t care what other people think is the better way to approach it.

Grind out the win, and shove that trophy on their faces.

That being said.

It has been toned down since i dont command much nowadays.
Bandwagoneers whining y u no karma train,and pugs add to that.
You should ask DB though,they had seen days where it litteraly rained fire everytime they entered our quarter.
If they fix the commander tools il probably be able to put something together that will even make JQ afraid to pop its head to peek at a tower.

in Match-ups

Hexin.5603

Gotta watch those free trial guys. Also gotta keep re-informing them. Remember, they may just be new players from friend invites and be clueless. We had some strange stuff going on this weekend too, love the seige on merch… like wtf CANNOT CLICK MERCH ARGGGHHH.

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

as if defending garri, against a big kitten TC zerg wasnt hard enough, someone goes and pops an upgrade to clear our supply, free trial week FTW.

The only thing that makes matches with TC bearable is that they have inexperienced PuGs as well.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kyrych.8174

Kyrych.8174

I feel bad for you losing your supply to a troll, but honestly, what were you gona do with it, build more trebs? You had at least 7 trebs on that garri. And more than 4 arrow carts on each gate.
If it makes you feel better, your cows drained our supply 10 times over, so we had to range down the gate (since we couldn’t melee it, because of all the arrow carts). Unfortunately once the gate popped open all the SOS guys run without even trying to defend the choke. I found 1 upleveled thief manning 4 acs outside the west inner garri gate.
I know it is demoralizing to fight bigger blobs than yours, but don’t give up. Tc was holding a fully open (we had no unbroken wall or gate) garri vs JQ and BG mega blob for 5 hours and never gave it up. So It is possible. Keep up the good fights SOS, we were all Impressed with your treb defense, we will definitely use it against T1 servers.

Chudozver [EP]

in Match-ups

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

It is probably best to ignore any trash talk and just let the forum warriors play with themselves.

Some great fights on TC BL last night, some good ebbs and flows and I am very happy to see new faces turning out to WvW for SoS. I hope gamers from all servers are enjoying the week.

Keep bringing the fun all!

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

in Match-ups

Posted by: Elano.2014

Elano.2014

Edit: The problem here is that you dont seem to understand what makes a server a bandwaggon. Slow growth and transfers since launch =/= bandwaggon. Group of guilds organizing a jump to a lower server to stack it = bandwaggon. AKA kaineng, DB, SBI.

I’m pretty sure DB received most of the guilds while they are in T2, and guess what? The highest tier DB has ever made to was T2, so it doesn’t really count as a bandwagon server.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Huygens.4075

Huygens.4075

Keep on rollin’.

in Match-ups

Lenador.1436

I’m pretty sure DB received most of the guilds while they are in T2, and guess what? The highest tier DB has ever made to was T2, so it doesn’t really count as a bandwagon server.

receiving a large number of guilds in a short matter of time is kinda bandwagony, now if you mean bc we didnt get to tier1 then that just mean we didnt pull the wagon hard enough

Cön-Guardian DB

(edited by Lenador.1436)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Embur.6042

Embur.6042

Another great WvW night, much fun on DBBL and SoS Borderlands, looking forward to the rest of the week! <3

Embur – Leader of Mindless Zerg [ING] Dragonbrand
http://mindlesszerg.enjin.com/home

in Match-ups

Posted by: Traxien Cion.9261

Traxien Cion.9261

Lol. DB got 20 million transfers and then got into T2. They may have eventually made it in otherwise, but definitely wouldn’t have been able to beat the TC that beat Kaineng back to T4. Tragically, it seems the same happened to DB. Bandwagoners have a hard time dealing wit dat zombie coast pressure.

Traxien Cion – Ranger | Traxien Kills – Warrior | [STUN] | TC Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

@ TC tonight during 5-8 pm pst. Good fights but then you guys grab all orbs… Was it not more fun with orbs spread out?

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caroline.4987

Caroline.4987

Actually, when we fight T1 servers, we have literally no queue times, but I guess that’s why we get classed as 1.5. But yes, I imagine the JQ, BG, SoR may have queue times. I recon I saw a bandwagon to JQ write up a post about how he had to wait for 4 hours and still couldn’t get in on a non reset night. Everyone looked and saw his signature was JQ, and said – “oh that’s your problem right there”

So, it has already begun. I’d imagine there will be some more moves over the next week as the time closes in and people race to make some $$ to transfer. So it’s a bad to worse situation for them

He wasn’t a JQ bandwagonner. It was actually his home server from the very start…

I’m not sure how I would feel if I ever saw TC get that stacked. =S

Brynnhylde – Norn Warrior, Jehanette – Human Guardian, Shaelynne – Human Engineer
TrZ | Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

Lenador.1436

He wasn’t a JQ bandwagonner. It was actually his home server from the very start…

Full of pride

Cön-Guardian DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ahka.6705

Ahka.6705

@ TC tonight during 5-8 pm pst. Good fights but then you guys grab all orbs… Was it not more fun with orbs spread out?

We were saying the same on Mumble. The buffs weren’t needed. The ruins are fun, but the buffs tend to favor the wrong team.

Ahka – Elementalist
[ZzZz]Zombie Coast, [CERN]When Zergs Collide
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

We were saying the same on Mumble. The buffs weren’t needed. The ruins are fun, but the buffs tend to favor the wrong team.

Yep. Please try to relay as much as possible to your pugs not to grab all 3 orbs. Really takes the fun out of trying to play.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in Match-ups

grave of hearts.7830

Yep. Please try to relay as much as possible to your pugs not to grab all 3 orbs. Really takes the fun out of trying to play.

And here i could swear i saw Pinkies holding them and not pugs.
Must had seen wrong.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Werat.7063

Werat.7063

Must had seen wrong.

Same as earlier in the day. When in one of those down-times our usual suspects tried to start the karma train since tc was by behaviour indicating they wanted one. Ours were a little bit slow on the start and after ql and langor went to bravost while tc was still busy at langor. Of course one guild had to go and detach from langor to kill the group at bravost. That stopped that.
Alright with me, as far as tc does not moan about it. Like with jq, there is always that one guild that wants the lock-down apparently.

eu league
“Opportunities multiply as they are seized.”

(edited by Werat.7063)

in Match-ups

Posted by: ActionCat.4162

ActionCat.4162

Best part about having bandwagon guilds leave…. is you have less lag, for the most part, which im really enjoying.. IT DOESNT TAKE 20 seconds to hit a button now!!! THE JOY!!!

Attachments:

Commander ActionCat [BMO] – DragonBrand

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

Bringing up bandwagon is bandwagon. It’s never my server. It’s always a different server. Bring up something else that’s beyond your control.

Where a guild was before a matchup is irrelevant, just as irrelevant to this week as where you think they’ll be next week. There is only the present week and its result. You play, you try, you deal.

Crush your frenemies, see the dolyaks driven before you, and hear the lamentations on the forums.

in Match-ups

Posted by: urak.4863

urak.4863

Must had seen wrong.

Same as earlier in the day. When in one of those down-times our usual suspects tried to start the karma train since tc was by behaviour indicating they wanted one. Ours were a little bit slow on the start and after ql and langor went to bravost while tc was still busy at langor. Of course one guild had to go and detach from langor to kill the group at bravost. That stopped that.
Alright with me, as far as tc does not moan about it. Like with jq, there is always that one guild that wants the lock-down apparently.

:(

I eat breakfast for dinner.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jereme.1840

Jereme.1840

Easy solution! GvG in the EB the jumping puzzle, problem solved.

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

The high ground in the EB jumping puzzle > Obi Wan over Pre-Darth Emo.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caroline.4987

Caroline.4987

Full of pride

Hard to display pride in having to wait out a 4 hour queue. >_> TC’s my home server and I started out as a PvEr and RPer six months back. I only started playing WvW like three months ago to work on map completion.

Ended up never wanting to leave…and thus, my map completion is still stuck at 69%. >_<

BTW, SoS in TCBL Bay, nice job baiting me kitten ing about in my random omega. =3 Happily, the prices on the dumb things have dropped by 50% in the last few hours, so it’s much easier to continue fueling my obsession with the shiny buckets of bolts.

Brynnhylde – Norn Warrior, Jehanette – Human Guardian, Shaelynne – Human Engineer
TrZ | Stormbluff Isle

(edited by Caroline.4987)

in Match-ups

Usagi.4835

Crush your frenemies, see the dolyaks driven before you, and hear the lamentations on the forums.

And poke their butt.

Full of pride

Come to TC! We’ll share our pride with you!

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

Friday night and Saturday morning was such a tease in this match, it looked for a brief few hours that maybe TC’s numbers had left the stratosphere. Instead they only lost some nighttime folks, which is the one time zone no one (other than the T1 guys who bribed them off) really wanted TC to lose.

At least we can just go for good fights and will have the Dolyak Parade (either participate or run training…maybe both; can’t decide).

in Match-ups

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Friday night and Saturday morning was such a tease in this match, it looked for a brief few hours that maybe TC’s numbers had left the stratosphere. Instead they only lost some nighttime folks, which is the one time zone no one (other than the T1 guys who bribed them off) really wanted TC to lose.

At least we can just go for good fights and will have the Dolyak Parade (either participate or run training…maybe both; can’t decide).

We only lost WvW when it comes to “night time”. ZN was a dedicated NA timezone guild.

Lunar Fighter

in Match-ups

Hexin.5603

The circles of fun to be had in SoSBL and DBBL was just … endless. I couldn’t pull myself away … and sadly, missed farming Dragonite all night – minus 1 event.

It was just so much fun running in SoS BL camp fights. Keep on keepin on

~ Gosh darn Dragonite ore, needs more sources and less of the Bloodstone crap.

in Match-ups

Lenador.1436

The circles of fun to be had in SoSBL and DBBL was just … endless. I couldn’t pull myself away … and sadly, missed farming Dragonite all night – minus 1 event.

It was just so much fun running in SoS BL camp fights. Keep on keepin on

~ Gosh darn Dragonite ore, needs more sources and less of the Bloodstone crap.

cap them keeps faster

Cön-Guardian DB

in Match-ups

Hexin.5603

True, I did notice the DB crew was literally knocking on there garri door while we were capping from SoS two nights ago. I had a moment there where I was like – god kitten son, they moving fast.

Keep the circle going.

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

We only lost WvW when it comes to “night time”. ZN was a dedicated NA timezone guild.

Knowing the original ZN crew I’m sure their contributions are missed, but it really hasn’t made any dent in how this match is playing out.
TC is at the point where they will not feel any deficiency in NA unless facing T1. In all honesty I think their NA vs JQ is only lacking in their PuG to hardcore ratio.

in Match-ups

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Knowing the original ZN crew I’m sure their contributions are missed, but it really hasn’t made any dent in how this match is playing out.
TC is at the point where they will not feel any deficiency in NA unless facing T1. In all honesty I think their NA vs JQ is only lacking in their PuG to hardcore ratio.

Basically. We have the population to compete, maybe even dominate, NA time zone against T1 servers. We just have FAR too many casual players and PvErs that come in in zerker gear and basically contribute little to the effort as a whole. More times than I can count in clashes all the gold names make it out alive and 5-6 green names (pve guild tags) are always left dead on the ground.

Lunar Fighter

in Match-ups

Hexin.5603

Basically. We have the population to compete, maybe even dominate, NA time zone against T1 servers. We just have FAR too many casual players and PvErs that come in in zerker gear and basically contribute little to the effort as a whole. More times than I can count in clashes all the gold names make it out alive and 5-6 green names (pve guild tags) are always left dead on the ground.

Don’t forget at one point your were a green name dead on the ground. They will grow too, I’ve been monitoring some of the forums (lurking so to speak) of heavy pop pve guilds that are really starting to show up, guilds with a few hundred members + that all have flashy legendaries and such. Are now getting the hook into the WvW.

It will take time, took me time to ‘get it’ why my zerker gear was not good enough on my war.

I actually find it funny, learning curve for me was … Zerker gear to PVT gear then to Happy Medium of both statistically for my hammer build.

My Necro on the other hand, well … nuts to the rest of you, its rabid all the way.

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

Don’t forget at one point your were a green name dead on the ground. They will grow too, I’ve been monitoring some of the forums (lurking so to speak) of heavy pop pve guilds that are really starting to show up, guilds with a few hundred members + that all have flashy legendaries and such. Are now getting the hook into the WvW.

It will take time, took me time to ‘get it’ why my zerker gear was not good enough on my war.

I actually find it funny, learning curve for me was … Zerker gear to PVT gear then to Happy Medium of both statistically for my hammer build.

My Necro on the other hand, well … nuts to the rest of you, its rabid all the way.

I’m glad to say that I never was a zerkergear rallybot; though the number of things I didn’t figure out for the longest time is embarrassing.

Also Rabid gear!? I thought Dire was the new necro meta? (I don’t have a clue, I have a lvl 21 necro that I never play)

in Match-ups

Hexin.5603

I’m glad to say that I never was a zerkergear rallybot; though the number of things I didn’t figure out for the longest time is embarrassing.

Also Rabid gear!? I thought Dire was the new necro meta? (I don’t have a clue, I have a lvl 21 necro that I never play)

I’m not paying for the changes, I’ll just get the trinks. I seem to be doing alright with it still and don’t really need vitality (already have 2 life pools)

A confession: When I first started in beta, I was in a large group who was continually trying to take north west tower must have been 2 hours straight … I thought the arrows we actually rain, that’s when I learned about Siege, the hard way.

in Match-ups

Posted by: IBountyHunterI.4601

IBountyHunterI.4601

#Dragtanic

All DB now have to end their posts with that…

Help

in Match-ups

Posted by: Werat.7063

Werat.7063

Interesting btw. Goes well with the headbanging style your tc zerg provides. No worries, we are learning. Nevertheless i would like to ask if you could maybe please push that stand-off at our eb keep to na primetime for once instead of lunch time so the na crew actually can enjoy this for once too.

eu league
“Opportunities multiply as they are seized.”

in Match-ups

Lenador.1436

#Dragtanic

All DB now have to end their posts with that…

no

Cön-Guardian DB