11/1: SoR/BG/SoS (Gold League Round 3)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cod on Cod.3694

Cod on Cod.3694

Bla bla bla, more kittened SoR bullkitten.

BG got world first Teq kill, wich attracted alot of PvE folks. The population of a server does not equal WWW players.

BG EU only have queues on weekends, but can’t find fights all week, because SoR does not show up.

Quit the crap excuses and go fight. Both BG and JQ are in here telling you that your excuses are kitten. They have been fighting you long enough to know it takes more than 1 extra coordinated guild on BG to make you get kittened by 100k.

Just go kittening fight you kittens

A fine blend of everything, aged well.

in Match-ups

Posted by: keelhaul.8039

keelhaul.8039

Pretty dissapointing effort from SoR.

How can you say you just play for fights, when you clearly stop playing as soon as you are threatened on the score.

I used to respect SoR as a tough rival especially in open field, but clearly there is nothing tough about SoR other then a few forum warriors.

BG is not over stacked we have lost a lot of coverage and experience, SoR has proven they have at least matching numbers in the past, but where is your server pride now SoR ?

[OnS] Carpal Tunnel – Ele
[OnS] C A R P A L – Norn Guardian Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: Punny.9210

Punny.9210

be happy …. they couldn’t run back to re join the fight like u guys

Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Azure.8412

Azure.8412

How can you say you just play for fights, when you clearly stop playing as soon as you are threatened on the score.

I used to respect SoR as a tough rival especially in open field, but clearly there is nothing tough about SoR other then a few forum warriors.

BG is not over stacked we have lost a lot of coverage and experience, SoR has proven they have at least matching numbers in the past, but where is your server pride now SoR ?

Not overstacked? It would be interesting to see how JQ faces you. We have been all out fighting this week after a pretty demoralizing week before. Oceanic time was pretty stupid tonight. 1 float team map hopping with 3 huge groups of BG wrecking havoc on all sides.

Vorae [GC] – Necromancer
Sanctum Of Rall.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Botinhas.2018

Botinhas.2018

Thank you for the awesome fights by Lake tower in BGbdl

in Match-ups

Posted by: nanoages.7693

nanoages.7693

Every one said they didnt care about winning this ss1

If they dont care, why bother us? They just jealous us because we are winning and they have nothing to complain but we are buying guilds to stack.

I dont know if we buying the guilds is true or not, it s about political

But i do know one, WE WANT TO WIN this ss1 and we dont care wtf everyone saying, if you guys cant even pay gold to win or find guilds to cover your timezone so it s find!

You dont care about winning but WE DO!

I wont say “stop trolling !” because it proved they care about winning but they cant do anything but trolling, but i’m sure there r planty of players in their server willing to fight and keep fighting in WvW rather than typing.

in Match-ups

Cod on Cod.3694

Not overstacked? It would be interesting to see how JQ faces you. We have been all out fighting this week after a pretty demoralizing week before. Oceanic time was pretty stupid tonight. 1 float team map hopping with 3 huge groups of BG wrecking havoc on all sides.

In a 1v1 – JQ will break faces in SEA, while getting hit hard during EU.
I would call the odds like 55%-45% in JQ’s favor.
One thing that would not happen is either rolling over and just take it like SoR.

Get of the forums and start fighting you young cat.

in Match-ups

Posted by: TheJewpacabro.2907

TheJewpacabro.2907

And the QQing begins.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Axle.5182

Axle.5182

ZD’s is having the same effect as IRON when they arrived no one will notice small guilds such as us on the field but a 40-60 man group on the other hand well speaks for itself.

I don’t expect many if any new large EU guilds will stay in NA servers past leagues many of them fled because of the effect the league had on them in EU and will return when things settle down after.

For now we might as well enjoy it while it lasts i guess in a few months time we will be back to QQ about SOR stacked EU and whatever gripes we had before etc.

Axle
[AFTL] Afterlife Sanctum of Rall
http://www.afterlife-gaming.eu

(edited by Axle.5182)

in Match-ups

Posted by: KumaTazZ.8054

KumaTazZ.8054

From the OCX time player point of view, I appreciate all NA CMDs and Guilds who stay so late to help our missing coverage. I can feel how tried and sleepy you guys are from your voice in TS.

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

Your OC/SEA split the map nearly 50/50 this morning by 7 AM (nice of them to actually play). And both of ours are shadows of what JQ is. And apparently you’re still awaiting for TYSM to return this December?

BG v. JQ will be mostly ZD’s trying to recovering from JQ late PST/OCX/SEA, and the potential for BG lead in late EU/NA.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

I’d like to request that SoR continue to play like this when you face us. Please? PLEASE?

lol

Mighty nice weather JQ’s having. Good week to come back.

There won’t be anything to come back to. The Season is already doing funny things to guilds… another week of second place might hurt more than you think.

Was more a remark on people being heavy commenters whenever their server is winning with conveniently timed absence during months-long losing streak.
But sure, I’m all beat up about nightcapping issues.. It’s a new thing for us rallians. <,<

Always the way Letoll, some folks only show up here when they are winning. Tumbleweed the rest of the time. Hope you folks get your mojo back. Respect.

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

I think BGs are sharpening their blades for the next encounter with JQ. Don’t expect JQ to beat BG.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

I think BGs are sharpening their blades for the next encounter with JQ. Don’t expect JQ to beat BG.

Letoll, what were you saying? I give you exhibit A.

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Polismassa.6740

Polismassa.6740

JQ is having a period of fairly boring off weeks, during which a lot of people are going to do that random PvE thing they’ve been meaning to do, or brush up on their skills in sPvP and while roaming.

When JQ finally has a week where we get to fight another T1 server, EVERYONE will be out in full force, no mercy. It’s hard to predict how the fateful JQ/BG clash will go, but certainly don’t expect JQ to give it anything less than everything we have.

[IX]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

I cant really speak for the NA/Euro mindset, because I dont play during that period.

But if I were to hazard a guess, they’re finally starting to realize that SoR isnt all that and a bag of chips. We have been constantly weak during a large time period. The dedication of the guilds and players who play during that time period have in the past enabled us to hang on.

During the first match of gold league, we in that period saw how completely vulnerable we were. Outmanned on every map, with JQ and BG battering down our doors. We held what we could, flipped back what we couldnt, and prayed for deliverance.

As far as I can tell, on the NA/Euro side, they come back and see that we’ve ticked low during that time period, but that neither BG nor JQ really made leaps and bounds in score, and so they falsely believed that things were ok.

However, during the past matchup and this one, BG has been using this time period where we are vulnerable to get ahead. And not always by taking our objectives mind you. Consider the 2 graphs between the BG/JQ/SoR matchup and the BG/TC/SoR matchup. SoR’s overall PPT doesnt really fluctuate much, during our weakest time period, 160-250 is the swing, and 200 is about average. Considering that “even” score is 220 (695 – 35 = 660/3 servers = 220) its not like we were doing horrific.
On the other hand, TC ticks 100, because they’re t2, and they cant even begin to match coverage. Hell, our weakest timezone, and we still had more players than they did.

What does this mean? it means BG wins in PPT because they can afford to go take undefended T2 objectives during a period where we cant always afford to engage them. It’s a great strategy, and it shows that they’re fully aware of how to make use of their numbers. They saw the time period where SOR was weakest and said “well lets push harder at that point” it’s literal textbook warfare.

I think in the past, SoR has had a sort of overinflated ego, or if no ego, an overinflated sense of strength. I feel as though the NA/Euro teams really didnt understand the situation that the late na/early oceanic deal with. And of course when you fight JQ/BG this weakness isnt expressed as much, or was neatly hidden under the rug of “oh we’re losing ppt there because of 2v1”

so the first matchup was really a wakeup call. Or should have been. It should have been the point where SoR goes “look, we know BG will tick highly during these times. We know it’s gonna be an uphill battle to maintain a lead, but we’re going to fight them anyway.” Unfortunately, it seems that A lot of SoR players dont really know why BG ticked highly during those periods. Even my own guildies ask things like “Have guilds given up?” And they become incredibly discouraged. Because to them, that’s the only thing that makes sense.

So yes, SoR has been become discouraged. But in my mind they’re becoming discouraged for all the wrong reasons. Find someone from BG who plays during that late NA/Early oceanic, ask them about how weak SoR has been, and if they talk honestly, they’ll tell you about the times that they’ve had to call as many people as they could to go defend garrison, how they would have to port supply in from other maps to build 9 arrow carts inbetween attacks. And they’ll also tell you, that despite being pushed into their garri, and defending it with all their strength, that they were still ticking 400 because they owned BGBLBay, and SoSGarri, and SoRBL Hills.

The NA/Euro teams need to understand that our PPT performance literally doesnt matter at all. At all. SoR needs to stop being discouraged by issues that dont matter, and the NA/Euro groups need to get back in there and fight. I was told we had 4queue’s for 8+ hours most days, and now we dont. So at least somebody has given up, and I dont really understand why. We’re the smallest T1 server. SO what. We dont have the coverage to win the matchup? Ok. Win fights anyway. Have fun. Get some loot bags. If SoR is to be the #3 of the T1 servers, that’s not a mark of shame.

Oh and, regarding ZD, and not to discredit anything they have done, but, honestly? BG was already gaining back on SoR long before the russians stormed our BL. They have had some impact sure, but they’re not the main reason we were losing PPT wise.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Such a boring match. Keep it up SoR, and SoS might finish 2nd.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

Did SoR lose a lot of people? Last week they got killed, and this week they are looking even worse.

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

I’d like to request that SoR continue to play like this when you face us. Please? PLEASE?

lol

There won’t be anything to come back to. The Season is already doing funny things to guilds… another week of second place might hurt more than you think.

Was more a remark on people being heavy commenters whenever their server is winning with conveniently timed absence during months-long losing streak.
But sure, I’m all beat up about nightcapping issues.. It’s a new thing for us rallians. <,<

Always the way Letoll, some folks only show up here when they are winning. Tumbleweed the rest of the time. Hope you folks get your mojo back. Respect.

One tool from PvE land trolls Iron and we’re falling apart. The real Rallians know Iron gave us a chance in the first place… And also they don’t need our help on the forum.
These BG randoms you see spouting about wanting fights.. lol.. Put a tag in your signature, be somebody

in Match-ups

Posted by: kanderous.7512

kanderous.7512

I’m predicting you won’t be posting for a week if BG does start losing to JQ.

“I was literally double fisting water and soymilk into my mouth” ~ Tytos Hill

in Match-ups

kanderous.7512

I cant really speak for the NA/Euro mindset, because I dont play during that period.

But if I were to hazard a guess, they’re finally starting to realize that SoR isnt all that and a bag of chips. We have been constantly weak during a large time period. The dedication of the guilds and players who play during that time period have in the past enabled us to hang on.

During the first match of gold league, we in that period saw how completely vulnerable we were. Outmanned on every map, with JQ and BG battering down our doors. We held what we could, flipped back what we couldnt, and prayed for deliverance.

As far as I can tell, on the NA/Euro side, they come back and see that we’ve ticked low during that time period, but that neither BG nor JQ really made leaps and bounds in score, and so they falsely believed that things were ok.

However, during the past matchup and this one, BG has been using this time period where we are vulnerable to get ahead. And not always by taking our objectives mind you. Consider the 2 graphs between the BG/JQ/SoR matchup and the BG/TC/SoR matchup. SoR’s overall PPT doesnt really fluctuate much, during our weakest time period, 160-250 is the swing, and 200 is about average. Considering that “even” score is 220 (695 – 35 = 660/3 servers = 220) its not like we were doing horrific.
On the other hand, TC ticks 100, because they’re t2, and they cant even begin to match coverage. Hell, our weakest timezone, and we still had more players than they did.

What does this mean? it means BG wins in PPT because they can afford to go take undefended T2 objectives during a period where we cant always afford to engage them. It’s a great strategy, and it shows that they’re fully aware of how to make use of their numbers. They saw the time period where SOR was weakest and said “well lets push harder at that point” it’s literal textbook warfare.

I think in the past, SoR has had a sort of overinflated ego, or if no ego, an overinflated sense of strength. I feel as though the NA/Euro teams really didnt understand the situation that the late na/early oceanic deal with. And of course when you fight JQ/BG this weakness isnt expressed as much, or was neatly hidden under the rug of “oh we’re losing ppt there because of 2v1”

so the first matchup was really a wakeup call. Or should have been. It should have been the point where SoR goes “look, we know BG will tick highly during these times. We know it’s gonna be an uphill battle to maintain a lead, but we’re going to fight them anyway.” Unfortunately, it seems that A lot of SoR players dont really know why BG ticked highly during those periods. Even my own guildies ask things like “Have guilds given up?” And they become incredibly discouraged. Because to them, that’s the only thing that makes sense.

So yes, SoR has been become discouraged. But in my mind they’re becoming discouraged for all the wrong reasons. Find someone from BG who plays during that late NA/Early oceanic, ask them about how weak SoR has been, and if they talk honestly, they’ll tell you about the times that they’ve had to call as many people as they could to go defend garrison, how they would have to port supply in from other maps to build 9 arrow carts inbetween attacks. And they’ll also tell you, that despite being pushed into their garri, and defending it with all their strength, that they were still ticking 400 because they owned BGBLBay, and SoSGarri, and SoRBL Hills.

The NA/Euro teams need to understand that our PPT performance literally doesnt matter at all. At all. SoR needs to stop being discouraged by issues that dont matter, and the NA/Euro groups need to get back in there and fight. I was told we had 4queue’s for 8+ hours most days, and now we dont. So at least somebody has given up, and I dont really understand why. We’re the smallest T1 server. SO what. We dont have the coverage to win the matchup? Ok. Win fights anyway. Have fun. Get some loot bags. If SoR is to be the #3 of the T1 servers, that’s not a mark of shame.

Oh and, regarding ZD, and not to discredit anything they have done, but, honestly? BG was already gaining back on SoR long before the russians stormed our BL. They have had some impact sure, but they’re not the main reason we were losing PPT wise.

Great post, but you don’t speak for the server or its leaders.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jeydra.4386

Jeydra.4386

Such a boring match. Keep it up SoR, and SoS might finish 2nd.

Make it happen BG! SoS for 2nd!

in Match-ups

Axle.5182

I don’t care what the turn out in SOR is during EU but AFTL raids 5 days a week consistently and will continue to do so either join us or Faugh a Ballagh ( Irish for “clear the way”) iv got 10-15 people not afraid of who or what we face

Axle

in Match-ups

Cod on Cod.3694

lol

One tool from PvE land trolls Iron and we’re falling apart. The real Rallians know Iron gave us a chance in the first place… And also they don’t need our help on the forum.
These BG randoms you see spouting about wanting fights.. lol.. Put a tag in your signature, be somebody

Who me?

My sig is very accurate. I am not in a guild. (Not even on BG atm, but on SoR, you could say im actually spouting about having someone to fight with against BG…..)

My allegience is with BG, but i guess that is fairly obvious.

Anyway, enough about me. kitten of and go fight you fairweather kitten.

in Match-ups

Axle.5182

Maybe not but he is certainly not alone in his observations.

Axle

in Match-ups

Posted by: American.2869

American.2869

Hello everyone;

I want to put to bed some rumors that have been going around about “SoR giving up”. I can assure you all that is not the motto of all guilds on SoR or of any that I know of.

Just because you have 3-5 Rallians on here “trolling” or “chest thumping”; doesn’t mean they speak for us as a server. I can assure everyone that [HL] will continue to come out night after night and give everyone in the BL that we’re in hell. We have always been about the fights and will continue to be about the fights. So, all this talk of SoR not coming out is laughable. There’s plenty of guilds that love getting their bags full.

I want to give BG credit where credit is due. You guys have done a superior job in rallying the “pugs” if you will. You’ve been able to maintain your numbers night after night. (Giving props here)

However, I do wish Anet would have locked transfers once leagues started. There’s no point for people to transfer during leagues due to PvErs can guest. I wish they would have locked transfer, but what can you do.

So in closing; SoR is far from dying. There’s plenty of guilds on here that come out night after night looking for the fights. Everyone on here should know a few forum warriors don’t represent a whole server.

Good luck to everyone and stay thirsty my friends.

~ [RET] Retribution ~
Necro: Skyinho

in Match-ups

Posted by: DKNS.2135

DKNS.2135

The QQ’ing has commenced very early this week. What are they gonna do later in the week then?

BG LA Best LA !!!

in Match-ups

Posted by: FractalChaos.6539

FractalChaos.6539

It’s one thing to stay on the server I joined back at launch in order to encourage community building, another entirely to hang on to the past, and so I am going to be moving on…where I don’t know yet.

SoR has lost its backbone. Many of the WvW guilds seem to be more concerned with their own prestige and maintaining (or growing) their spot in the “pecking order” than actually winning the matchup.

-No evolution of tactics. It’s always their blob versus our blob. Always. I play WvW about 6-8 hours a day, 7 days a week (sabbaticals have their perks!) and it’s the exact same game plan every day, on every map; the blob is either capturing something, or rushing to defend something at the last second. No exceptions.

-No room for dialogue. Constructive criticism is ignored or (more likely) ridiculed in map chat, and the critic is labeled a troll and placed on ignore at the Commanders’ insistence.

-We’re not winning? Participation drops.

It may not yet be reflected in the score, but Sanctum of Rall, how far have you fallen…

People’s ignorance really pisses me off.
Stupidity is when you can’t help it;
Ignorance is when you choose not to understand.

in Match-ups

Posted by: dwahvel.7356

dwahvel.7356

Hope these Bg trolls can come up with some new material. This thread is already boring.

in Match-ups

Posted by: soulcakeduck.7036

soulcakeduck.7036

I think each server wants to win and any server would be demoralized at losing that prospect. Week 1 was (and likely Week 7 will be) incredibly close though, so I’m not buying that T1 is ruined. Hope we can continue having some fun along the way.

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

It’s one thing to stay on the server I joined back at launch in order to encourage community building, another entirely to hang on to the past, and so I am going to be moving on…where I don’t know yet.

SoR has lost its backbone. Many of the WvW guilds seem to be more concerned with their own prestige and maintaining (or growing) their spot in the “pecking order” than actually winning the matchup.

-No evolution of tactics. It’s always their blob versus our blob. Always. I play WvW about 6-8 hours a day, 7 days a week (sabbaticals have their perks!) and it’s the exact same game plan every day, on every map; the blob is either capturing something, or rushing to defend something at the last second. No exceptions.

-No room for dialogue. Constructive criticism is ignored or (more likely) ridiculed in map chat, and the critic is labeled a troll and placed on ignore at the Commanders’ insistence.

It may not yet be reflected in the score, but Sanctum of Rall, how far have you fallen…

Everybody loves backseat drivers.
You complained about two mutually exclusive things there, map blobs and guilds ducking the blob…
Hint: Guilds run tagless in an attempt to split up blobs.

in Match-ups

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

You complained about two mutually exclusive things there, map blobs and guilds ducking the blob…

Everyone loves ‘“we play for fights, not ppt”, but log-off when things don’t follow our rules’ too.

WvW on SoR has been in a massive decline since most of the “backbone” guilds started running tagless and talking (more than usual) kitten about the "Rally"ians.

in Match-ups

FractalChaos.6539

Nor do you; and furthermore, who are these “server leaders” you speak of, because I sure don’t see anyone fitting that description in WvW or in TS.

in Match-ups

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

Reading your post history…You wanted SOR to lose to drop tiers, and now that it’s happening…

Your post 5 months ago, long before “How far you have you fallen”….
“I hope they turn too. I’m sick and tired of T1, everyone here takes this game far too seriously. I legitimately hope we on SoR lose next week and drop a tier. Or three.”

Another one 5 months ago…this is good stuff!
“I don’t see it happening any time soon, but I sincerely hope our population on SoR shrinks and we drop a tier or two….”

How was SOR doing 5 months ago? boy you were raging!
“Speaking as someone who is constantly referred to as a troll by the people on my own server (mostly for calling out some of our kitten commanders when everyone else is busy lapping at their toes), may I say; tell them to kitten off. Seriously.”

“My attitude is, most if not all of these people are people I’ll never meet, and don’t care to meet. Their opinions and any stink they raise because I speak my mind are worth exactly nothing to me. Their criticisms should mean just as much to you.”

(edited by scootshoot.6583)

in Match-ups

kanderous.7512

Nor do you; and furthermore, who are these “server leaders” you speak of, because I sure don’t see anyone fitting that description in WvW or in TS.

You should tag up and lead a guild.

in Match-ups

Posted by: allindal.8406

allindal.8406

All T1 servers have queues, that’s never going to change.

Not going to lie, winning the inaugural WvW season will be a highlight of my recent GW2 experience.

I do wish transfers were locked a few weeks before the start of the season, but that’s not really fair to everyone else who doesn’t play wvw.

I don’t think any of the T1 servers will die.

Sure BG did help some guilds with transfer costs, and so did many other servers. BG has been a strong contender since as long as I can remember. Week 1 is proof that the match was fair.

Blackgate
PVT Elementalist/Warrior/ Guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gully.7358

Gully.7358

The spawncamping started early this week >_>

Veretta • Guildleader of [oPP] Over Powered PeopleBlackgate
http://www.gw2opp.comhttp://www.youtube.com/user/oppveretta

in Match-ups

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

The blobmericans seem to be having fun

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

in Match-ups

FractalChaos.6539

Here’s another hint; how about breaking up the existing blob by explicitly forming 5 groups, 5 different commanders with 7 people assigned each. The PUGs can follow whoever they want. Make each group independent, and assign them a map quadrant.

How about using those 5 groups to hit 2 supply camps down south, 2 up north, and a tower at the same time?

How about all 5 groups coming together to assault a target with a massed force only when needed, then breaking up again to function independently, spreading out BG’s forces?

How about giving that big, lumbering, easily outmaneuvered BG blob 5 different groups to swat at the same time, and see if they can be everywhere at once?

There are tried and true tactics for a smaller force to deal with a numerically superior force, and they work in videogames too. Try them someday before you kitten all over them. It might give you something else to do in comms besides yell “Shift left kitten left empower empower water fields water fields, blast blast blast!!!”

in Match-ups

FractalChaos.6539

Reading your post history…You wanted SOR to lose to drop tiers, and now that it’s happening…

“I hope they turn too. I’m sick and tired of T1, everyone here takes this game far too seriously. I legitimately hope we on SoR lose next week and drop a tier. Or three.”

“I don’t see it happening any time soon, but I sincerely hope our population on SoR shrinks and we drop a tier or two….”

“Speaking as someone who is constantly referred to as a troll by the people on my own server (mostly for calling out some of our kitten commanders when everyone else is busy lapping at their toes), may I say; tell them to kitten off. Seriously.”

“My attitude is, most if not all of these people are people I’ll never meet, and don’t care to meet. Their opinions and any stink they raise because I speak my mind are worth exactly nothing to me. Their criticisms should mean just as much to you.”

Yep and despite my wanting the server to drop down in tiers (and I still think it’s what’s best for them in the long run), I’m leaving. The people I used to play with have all moved on, and the server’s overall mentality has changed far beyond what it once was. If it’s ok for you, that’s good.

in Match-ups

scootshoot.6583

Yep and despite my wanting the server to drop down in tiers (and I still think it’s what’s best for them in the long run), I’m leaving. The people I used to play with have all moved on, and the server’s overall mentality has changed far beyond what it once was. If it’s ok for you, that’s good.

So what was up 5 months ago? Sheesh you were raging hard.

in Match-ups

scootshoot.6583

All T1 servers have queues, that’s never going to change.

Not going to lie, winning the inaugural WvW season will be a highlight of my recent GW2 experience.

I do wish transfers were locked a few weeks before the start of the season, but that’s not really fair to everyone else who doesn’t play wvw.

I don’t think any of the T1 servers will die.

Sure BG did help some guilds with transfer costs, and so did many other servers. BG has been a strong contender since as long as I can remember. Week 1 is proof that the match was fair.

Good points. Transfers will never lock for the good of the leagues as it’s been a huge cash cow for Anet. Probably their 2nd biggest financial boon next to opening day sales.

Far as T1 servers dying, players in online games come and go all the time. That said the next big MMO title that will bring open world pvp is ESO. I wager many in GW2 will leave in droves to try that out and if ESO is good as advertised a good chunk of the playerbase will choose to stay there and will result in the “Tier 1” landscape to change dramatically.

(edited by scootshoot.6583)

in Match-ups

FractalChaos.6539

I do lead a guild; Painfetish. Me. One person.

I was one of 3 co-founders of HF (with Garv and Alpaca Owl) which was one of the more dedicated WvW guilds, I believe, and eventually melded into…Choo, I think it was? Garvzhog quit when he saw that the “zerg guilds” were moving in- this was just after we’d beaten Dragonbrand for the first time ever, and before guilds started “hopping” to our server because they heard we were never-give-uppers.

Alpaca Owl…I think he/she/it got bored and just stopped playing, not sure. He/she/it was more of a cheerleader than a commander anyway.

The three of us (I played Fangjaw at the time) used to command PUG groups and HF before commander tags were as common as flies. None of us had one. We did just fine, because we actually liked each other, respected each other, and listened to everyone around us.

Then, much to my disappointment, SoR became a zerg server. One way, one mind.

Feh.

in Match-ups

Posted by: sielfiel.4692

sielfiel.4692

SOR, whats happening? I’ve seen you guys climb your way from tier 7 to the top. you’ll be surprise to know that alot of BG respect sor than any other server. Your death will not do any good to us, DONT GIVE UP! and just likes bg’s fav phrase, BELIEVE! and ENDURE!

Blackgate since day 1

in Match-ups

FractalChaos.6539

I’m not sure…I think that may have been a time when someone else got labeled a troll in map chat for suggesting we defend things instead of flipping them, and it got my hackles up and I started yelling at the “commanders” for it. Usually has that effect on me.

in Match-ups

scootshoot.6583

I’m not sure…I think that may have been a time when someone else got labeled a troll in map chat for suggesting we defend things instead of flipping them, and it got my hackles up and I started yelling at the “commanders” for it. Usually has that effect on me.

Watch this, it starts at the 1 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5kjxdznWPjs

in Match-ups

FractalChaos.6539

SOR, whats happening? I’ve seen you guys climb your way from tier 7 to the top. you’ll be surprise to know that alot of BG respect sor than any other server. Your death will not do any good to us, DONT GIVE UP! and just likes bg’s fav phrase, BELIEVE! and ENDURE!

I hate Blackgate (few who have played on SoR for any length of time would disagree with that sentiment) but you probably only have yourselves to blame for the current predicament.

Even the Spartans at Plataea wouldn’t have fought 10 million Persians head on….

in Match-ups

scootshoot.6583

I think each server wants to win and any server would be demoralized at losing that prospect. Week 1 was (and likely Week 7 will be) incredibly close though, so I’m not buying that T1 is ruined. Hope we can continue having some fun along the way.

T1 landscape will stay stable for at least early next year so enjoy while it lasts. Once ESO releases I wager a good chunk of the WvW, PvE crowd will leave in droves, some will comeback but a good chunk will stay which will completely re-align the Tiers from top to bottom

in Match-ups

kanderous.7512

I do lead a guild; Painfetish. Me. One person.

I was one of 3 co-founders of HF (with Garv and Alpaca Owl) which was one of the more dedicated WvW guilds, I believe, and eventually melded into…Choo, I think it was? Garvzhog quit when he saw that the “zerg guilds” were moving in- this was just after we’d beaten Dragonbrand for the first time ever, and before guilds started “hopping” to our server because they heard we were never-give-uppers.

Alpaca Owl…I think he/she/it got bored and just stopped playing, not sure. He/she/it was more of a cheerleader than a commander anyway.

The three of us (I played Fangjaw at the time) used to command PUG groups and HF before commander tags were as common as flies. None of us had one. We did just fine, because we actually liked each other, respected each other, and listened to everyone around us.

Then, much to my disappointment, SoR became a zerg server. One way, one mind.

Feh.

Make a return to active command and turn things around. Simple solution.

in Match-ups

FractalChaos.6539

Watch this, it starts at the 1 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5kjxdznWPjs

Not sure what the point of the video is; don’t follow the commanders if you don’t want to?

I don’t. I try to stay as far away from their strategic abortions as I possibly can, but unfortunately…most people do follow them and their very bad ideas, and that means that’s where the fights will be, and that means that for someone who likes RvR, being in the general vicinity of the commanders- no matter how inflexible they may be – is a sort of necessity.

Unless you feel like sitting solo in a camp, guarding it (which I have done many a time) or walking yaks (which I have also done many a time) or repairing gates and walls while the zerg rushes off to the next crisis.