11/15 FERGreat Justice/DARK Horse/KAIN & Abel

in Match-ups

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

Im going to assume you all ignored my previous post since [Fun] is still playing the victim and others are lapping it up. Dont get me wrong, we are very grateful for their work in WvW, the problem comes outside of WvW and the way they interact with the rest of the server. Simply put they are annoying trolls and have earned themselves the reputation they have, and now Darkhaven is calling them out and they cant handle it and ‘threaten’ to move servers. [Fun] is not like Abys, Abys left because they were tired of carrying the server and not because they were hated on. Hope this clears it up…

If we trolled in the past, it was before we were even into WvW. Either way, any “trolls” we might have done were harmless. Our reputation was practically unknown before we got into WvW, now that we’re one of the main guilds we’ve been getting hated on. We’re not playing the victim, because we don’t really care about the comments in terms of being personally affected. We’re just looking for a calm place to play WvW and get better as a guild, and by doing so we help out whatever given server we’re on. Right now we happen to be on Darkhaven. If Darkhaven doesn’t want us here, we don’t have to be. That’s all we’re saying.

I hope you understand that if you’re able to be disliked on one server then chances are its gonna end up the same on another server.

FC would be happy to test that theory.

in Match-ups

Posted by: bleach.9074

bleach.9074

Its a bit late, I know, but:

Assassin is a good dude, He out there to help the people of Dh, what he said is true.. [Fun] kinda isolates themselves from the rest of the community and trolls our other guilds and insults players that dont join them. Once the members decide to overthrow their leader [Fun] could actually be a “fun” guild to work with on the battlefield. lol

Sorry, but I wouldn’t trust an Abyss player anymore. Not after what I’ve heard about your GL (and how you guys just left us). It sounds more like you’re trying to pit our guilds against one another.

Quednau is ex-Abyss. When his guild transferred, Quednau chose to stay on DH and help rebuild. Most people realize this and appreciate him. He has earned my respect many times over. Grampa is also ex-Abyss. Are you going to dismiss Grampa also? Of course not.

idk i feel like whoever chased off ABYS and SE and made them want to leave are still on DH and history seems to be starting to repeat itself.

In my experience “peacekeeping” online is extremely difficult when people’s egos are inflated x 1,000 behind the safety of teh interwebs.

whoever got upset/angry first is at fault here, no matter the situation.

Don’t know about SE, but Abyss didn’t leave for any one particular reason. It certainly wasn’t because another guild drove them off. For its size, Abyss had minimal issues with other DH guilds.

[XSV] SMASH!

in Match-ups

Solstice.1097

people don’t stay because there are “no issues” they stay because there IS community, teamwork, cooperation, communication, and respect.

in Match-ups

Posted by: oZeppy.9028

oZeppy.9028

Im going to assume you all ignored my previous post since [Fun] is still playing the victim and others are lapping it up. Dont get me wrong, we are very grateful for their work in WvW, the problem comes outside of WvW and the way they interact with the rest of the server. Simply put they are annoying trolls and have earned themselves the reputation they have, and now Darkhaven is calling them out and they cant handle it and ‘threaten’ to move servers. [Fun] is not like Abys, Abys left because they were tired of carrying the server and not because they were hated on. Hope this clears it up…

If we trolled in the past, it was before we were even into WvW. Either way, any “trolls” we might have done were harmless. Our reputation was practically unknown before we got into WvW, now that we’re one of the main guilds we’ve been getting hated on. We’re not playing the victim, because we don’t really care about the comments in terms of being personally affected. We’re just looking for a calm place to play WvW and get better as a guild, and by doing so we help out whatever given server we’re on. Right now we happen to be on Darkhaven. If Darkhaven doesn’t want us here, we don’t have to be. That’s all we’re saying.

I hope you understand that if you’re able to be disliked on one server then chances are its gonna end up the same on another server.

Not everyone dislikes us. The WvW group that stays on TS does, though. Considering those are the people we’re SUPPOSED to be working with, that’s a problem.

We’ve talked to to other servers. I’ve scouted around. This issue is largely DH more than an issue pertaining to [Fun], we’re just calling it out. Not sure why you’re talking though, I’ve never seen you run near/with us in WvW anyways so it’s not like you have any reason to judge us.

Leader of [Fun] – DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: totalpwnage.6534

totalpwnage.6534

Not everyone dislikes us. The WvW group that stays on TS does, though. Considering those are the people we’re SUPPOSED to be working with, that’s a problem.

We’ve talked to to other servers. I’ve scouted around. This issue is largely DH more than an issue pertaining to [Fun], we’re just calling it out. Not sure why you’re talking though, I’ve never seen you run near/with us in WvW anyways so it’s not like you have any reason to judge us.

Ofc the teamspeak group doesn’t like you, you abused your TS powers and pulled them just for the purpose of trolling, disrupting us trying to communicate in WvW.

Happylittlevegemite of Darkhaven
Quick Load [LOAD]

in Match-ups

Posted by: ChuckNorris.9413

ChuckNorris.9413

sounds pretty even I wonder if a lot of that is roamers or what because the most I’ve seen them take is the 10 minutes that they had 2 keeps once.

anyway good fights so far! (except sadly our EB has been consistently commanded by, shall we say, a ‘learning’ commander that has proven terrifically ineffective this week).

I’m guessing you’re talking about the commander that never leaves golems and that commander is the greatest thing that has ever happened to our opponents. I can’t even play in the EB when he/she commands because whoever follows is led to slaughter (usually trying to cap SM with one golem and a dozen or so pugs).

I do have one request: FC doesn’t like the double penetration. So please be gentle and take turns.

in Match-ups

Solstice.1097

as far as FC running away I am the [EDGE] norn female hammer warrior with celestial primevil armor with toxic shoulders that jumps into your zergs headfirst by myself just to troll you. I also built the omegas and led the rush Sunday that destroyed DH BL before commanding a donated golem army that capped Overlook and Lowlands. My guildies are who fully upgraded and defended DH hills, lake, and water for 12 hours. I welcome your hate please send it my way!

But seriously this week I will miss fight night but will be on Wednesday 8-11 CST and all day friday and I am down for some duels if anyone is interested send me a mail in game.

correction band rehearsal cancelled tonight so I will be on around 8pm CST. see you in the field

in Match-ups

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Assassin is a good dude, He out there to help the people of Dh, what he said is true.. [Fun] kinda isolates themselves from the rest of the community and trolls our other guilds and insults players that dont join them. Once the members decide to overthrow their leader [Fun] could actually be a “fun” guild to work with on the battlefield. lol

Sorry, but I wouldn’t trust an Abyss player anymore. Not after what I’ve heard about your GL (and how you guys just left us). It sounds more like you’re trying to pit our guilds against one another.

Quednau is ex-Abyss. When his guild transferred, Quednau chose to stay on DH and help rebuild. Most people realize this and appreciate him. He has earned my respect many times over. Grampa is also ex-Abyss. Are you going to dismiss Grampa also? Of course not.

He might want to change his forum sig then Thats what I was basing it off of. Don’t know which commander (if any) he is in game.
As for Grandpa, I don’t think anyone can hate on him He is currently sick, from what I’ve gathered on TS. Hope he gets well soon. Probably gonna need him in the last week of the league.
(My semi dislike of abyss is more due what I’ve heard about one of the commanders who keeps (or at least kept) guesting to our LA and (this is all second hand) trying to poach more of our players to go to SBI. I used to love running in their zerg when they were still on our server, which is why I don’t really hate them, cuz’ they never really did anything wrong to myself, except transferring off. But they’re reasoning was sound, for the most part).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

And all of that arguing(2 pages!!!)spawned from a little post from a different server. Good stuff.

As a side note: I hope you all can resolve your issues. It is much more fun arguing with you than reading your silliness.

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

sounds pretty even I wonder if a lot of that is roamers or what because the most I’ve seen them take is the 10 minutes that they had 2 keeps once.

anyway good fights so far! (except sadly our EB has been consistently commanded by, shall we say, a ‘learning’ commander that has proven terrifically ineffective this week).

I’m guessing you’re talking about the commander that never leaves golems and that commander is the greatest thing that has ever happened to our opponents. I can’t even play in the EB when he/she commands because whoever follows is led to slaughter (usually trying to cap SM with one golem and a dozen or so pugs).

I do have one request: FC doesn’t like the double penetration. So please be gentle and take turns.

Wait… what? Are you talking about a Dh commander? You just described someone perfectly who commands in Dh… I’m not even kidding/exaggerating…

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Match-ups

Posted by: totalpwnage.6534

totalpwnage.6534

Wait… what? Are you talking about a Dh commander? You just described someone perfectly who commands in Dh… I’m not even kidding/exaggerating…

Beginning with an ‘L’ right?

Happylittlevegemite of Darkhaven
Quick Load [LOAD]

in Match-ups

Solstice.1097

no he was talking about an FC commander that has only recently been running tag in EB for what seems like ALL the time……

in Match-ups

Arius.7031

Beginning with an ‘L’ right?

Haha, you guessed it. I don’t jump on the “L” hate train, he’s been nothing but nice to me personally. And he commands a lot when nobody else can, so that’s helpful even if you think he’s bad. I’m just sayin that both sound incredibly similar in style loool.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Match-ups

Posted by: bleach.9074

bleach.9074

He might want to change his forum sig then Thats what I was basing it off of. Don’t know which commander (if any) he is in game.

Gotcha. I see where the misunderstanding came from.

And all of that arguing(2 pages!!!)spawned from a little post from a different server. Good stuff.

As a side note: I hope you all can resolve your issues. It is much more fun arguing with you than reading your silliness.

It is silly, isn’kitten

[XSV] SMASH!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bananaling.9673

Bananaling.9673

Please stop this silly argument, lets leave fun alone they get us PPT that all that should matter. Abyss is in the past, except there is still a lot of us that are still here and we are still proud to have been in abyss. The only thing i hate about fun is that, when i say lets have some fun i start thinking about their guild. basterds.

Fightz [XSV][SBT]
“Welcome to the world of tomorrow”-Slicey Dicey
3K cnd 6K bs 8K hs 8K hs 8K hs

in Match-ups

ChuckNorris.9413

Maybe every server has their own terrible “can’t leave a golem cuz I get mowed down instantly” commander. I like when ours tells us to hold off the enemies so he/she can OOC and WP out. I’m pretty sure FC’s logs at least six hours commanding a day. I guess bad commanders are a risk of playing WvW though.

in Match-ups

Solstice.1097

i was in EB yesterday for about 5 minutes and saw our commander at durios trying to recap it. QL had just been taken by a DH zerg and danelon had just been flipped. So I called out they will be hitting langor. The commander stays at durios until orange swords pop on langor. Then what happens? The commander waypoints the omega to valley keep, and starts WALKING THE GOLEM to langor. Eventually s/he made it to the langor gate JUST in time to get the omega inside before it capped (losing the omega).

then I left EB for the night.

in Match-ups

ChuckNorris.9413

i was in EB yesterday for about 5 minutes and saw our commander at durios trying to recap it. QL had just been taken by a DH zerg and danelon had just been flipped. So I called out they will be hitting langor. The commander stays at durios until orange swords pop on langor. Then what happens? The commander waypoints the omega to valley keep, and starts WALKING THE GOLEM to langor. Eventually s/he made it to the langor gate JUST in time to get the omega inside before it capped (losing the omega).

Is there a thread for venting about these turrible golem commanders? If not, there should be cuz I’ve got a million of these stories just from the past few weeks.

in Match-ups

Solstice.1097

Is there a thread for venting about these turrible golem commanders? If not, there should be cuz I’ve got a million of these stories just from the past few weeks.

lol nah i actually feel kinda bad saying it because i dont mean offense to the person who is obviously trying the only way they know how.

but if they don’t get any better i’ll have to man up and start giving them lessons.

in Match-ups

Arius.7031

lol nah i actually feel kinda bad saying it because i dont mean offense to the person who is obviously trying the only way they know how.

but if they don’t get any better i’ll have to man up and start giving them lessons.

I’m JUST like you… we have a similar commander (always in a golem, always attacking SM etc…) that, while I don’t agree with strategy-wise, I feel bad talking about like this.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sandie.1964

Sandie.1964

I was standing on the wall of SM the other evening when I saw a FC zerg approach with one omega leading it. We were out numbered 3 to one and I yelled " Get The Golem!" Well DH in the team spirit that I truly love left the wall, chased the pretty golem almost back to the gates and killed it. I was laughing so hard I couldn’t breathe. Thank you Darkhaven for being ready to die for some golem sport!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dsybok.1405

Dsybok.1405

I know who you mean, it was almost enough for me to finally give up and pay for my tag. I think people quickly realize how bad certain commanders are and just don’t follow them anywhere after a while. Then they wind up with 10 or 15 pugs who are not regulars, while the stalwarts are off doing actual work capping things.

I swear one of these nights there will be a commander Djag running around. God help FC then.

Ferguson’s Crossing
Ascenion of Elements
Sylvari Ele main

in Match-ups

Posted by: Civilis.2547

Civilis.2547

Dramahaven.

Anyways, this matchup has some pretty good roaming so far. My only issue is that FC roamers often have nearby friends that they run to/call for help if you try a 1v1 while roaming. So annoying.

Also, to the [Ren] engineer and warrior that always seem to be running around together, you guys are strong lol. Had many good fights with you.

I can’t speak to the rest of the server, but I am not interested in 1v1. I play the game for the strategy and the excitement of open field battles with larger groups , I don’t enjoy 1v1, I didn’t make my staff ele for 1v1, and I am not good at it anyway. If I see you I will run the other direction or run to where there is help. I don’t see this as being a negative, its how I choose to play the game.

If you want to duel, go to fight night behind the windmill! If you 1v1 someone anywhere else on the map, another person coming to help is the risk you take.

Likewise, I am very bad at 1v1 fights. Still, as much as I hate it, I go into WvW knowing the risks. I will generally avoid solo players on other’s borderlands (as for Kaineng BL… that’s the homeland), but I have come to expect no such courtesy from others. However, I play to my own strengths, such as knowing where my allies are. I do feel sorry for the ranger I tagged with my mesmer as we passed going opposite directions in DH’s borderlands. He apparently took it as a 1v1 invitation and proceeded to pwn me very thoroughly, then bowed politely and respectfully to his defeated foe, missing the late arrival of my three allies that proceeded to avenge me in return. That’s the risks.

Still, so far all the servers I have faced in Bronze League have been reasonably honorable opponents, and I have never felt that any of the matchups has involved more than the minimal cheesy tactics (Bay waterdoor mesmers and Golem spam, which are par for the course). I have had a lot more fun in WvW than I have had in some time, and hope all servers will continue to have fun and enjoy the relaxed attitude and lack of queues that comes with being Bronze League.

A special shoutout to the members of [ANBU]; sorry for not putting up more of a fight whenever you ganked me.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dsybok.1405

Dsybok.1405

Did you mean to say golem rushes are cheesy? Takes a lot of time , coordination and effort to capture enough camps, build up enough golems and then sneak them to your chosen target. Pretty legit tactic and very tough to defend, you need a very aware group of people on the map who are scouting camps constantly looking for that telltale group of people building golems, and you need a scout at spawn to watch the enemy. I don’t know about cheesy though.

Ferguson’s Crossing
Ascenion of Elements
Sylvari Ele main

in Match-ups

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

im a bit late to the thread but…

No point carrying a server if they don’t support us.

the attitude towards your servermates that this statement implies is the crux of your problems.

a single guild does not carry a server. you should know this coming from jq/t1… the t1 game is about who has more coverage, and everybody sleeps some time. youre deluding yourself by imagining you are carrying dh. other people work hard too, and you earn their ire by claiming the glory.

just be there because you want to be, because you like to be, because youre having fun and enjoying the company… or they will chase you out.

its happened a lot on fc.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Well, if they are a great deal of the off-hour coverage, we can say they are carrying the server… For exemple: I’d say [Dx] is carrying HoD, as if wasn’t for them, HoD wouldn’t win against SF as they would never surpass SF prime time and have no one to take advantage of SF off-hours.

In lower population servers, 1 or 2 guilds CAN carry a server if they are placed in the correct timezone…

But once they hit a higher ranked server that have a big coverage, then the “carrying” of those guilds would end.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in Match-ups

Posted by: LionPride.1704

LionPride.1704

LOL, I am the guild leader of LION, give lesson angel, (your not really that good)then my commander would get worse, show respect to all other on FC commander , no matter there style of commanding. and if you dont like there way command, leave, cause trust me that will be no loss if you leave. I give respect to those who show it. Maybe if you showed the determination my commanders show, you could be a good leader till then shut your mouth about other commander. And so say Leona Pride.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mooncow.6847

Mooncow.6847

Having played on Kaineng since launch I can assure you that [FUN] is in fact going to leave DH

in Match-ups

Solstice.1097

LOL, I am the guild leader of LION, give lesson angel, (your not really that good)then my commander would get worse, show respect to all other on FC commander , no matter there style of commanding. and if you dont like there way command, leave, cause trust me that will be no loss if you leave. I give respect to those who show it. Maybe if you showed the determination my commanders show, you could be a good leader till then shut your mouth about other commander. And so say Leona Pride.

hey i didn’t name names out of respect. I also didn’t say I was that good or anything. But you should know it’s literally a LOT of people that feel this way. A lot of people (7-8 that I’ve heard myself) actually believe this person is a DH troll trying to mess with us. I have been sticking up and saying no they are trying give them a break.

So don’t throw stones. I know you’re just stickin up for your guild and I appreciate that but what you just said is the closest thing to internal drama FC has seen outside of Krakrabbit since Linda was here so let’s keep it classy

in Match-ups

Posted by: Manaburn.4569

Manaburn.4569

Having played on Kaineng since launch I can assure you that [FUN] is in fact going to leave DH

How does being on another server mean you know anything about internal decisions of another guild on another server?

(edited by Manaburn.4569)

in Match-ups

Posted by: LionPride.1704

LionPride.1704

hey i didn’t name names out of respect. I also didn’t say I was that good or anything. But you should know it’s literally a LOT of people that feel this way. A lot of people (7-8 that I’ve heard myself) actually believe this person is a DH troll trying to mess with us. I have been sticking up and saying no they are trying give them a break.

So don’t throw stones. I know you’re just stickin up for your guild and I appreciate that but what you just said is the closest thing to internal drama FC has seen outside of Krakrabbit since Linda was here so let’s keep it classy

LOL, stick to what your at good, blaming it on “PUGS”(not my word) when you fail, and when you call one our commander a dh troll, seems your the one throwing stones.You disrespect any of our commanders, you disrespect of all us. So learn your lesson, since you call yourself teacher , you should be able to do that. And to bring this out in a forum, just shows you have no class. So in conclusion, Shut your mouth about FC commanders, and so says Leona Pride

in Match-ups

Posted by: Alphapan.9784

Alphapan.9784

Great battles so far. Glad to see Kain putting up such a great fight. There are lots of good small group players on both DH and Kain. Keep it up

in Match-ups

Manaburn.4569

LOL, stick to what your at good, blaming it on “PUGS”(not my word) when you fail, and when you call one our commander a dh troll, seems your the one throwing stones.You disrespect any of our commanders, you disrespect of all us. So learn your lesson, since you call yourself teacher , you should be able to do that. And to bring this out in a forum, just shows you have no class. So in conclusion, Shut your mouth about FC commanders, and so says Leona Pride

Can you provide any proof of this, so we can properly see and address the situation?
If not, there is no way for anyone to know if you’re telling the truth or not.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

Can you provide any proof of this, so we can properly see and address the situation?
If not, there is no way for anyone to know if you’re telling the truth or not.

I want video, pictures, edited audio. I want leona to go all Fox news on this kitten. LETS GOOOOOOOO!

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Now, we’ll watch some internal FC drama… Stay tuned for more on the DH/FC/Kain drama-lhama week.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in Match-ups

Posted by: Syryn.7591

Syryn.7591

How does being on another server mean you know anything about internal decisions of another guild on another server?

He’s referring to the bandwagon to and from Kaineng in the past 6 months. We’re finally stabilizing but there for a while just one wrong word and 10+ guilds went bye bye, now understand that the majority of the guilds causing the problems were guilds that had transferred into Kaineng who then proceeded to destroy our community with the neverending egotistical ‘my commanding is better than yours’ fights. Those bad people are gone now though so we can rest easy at night. Kaineng as a server has been through quite the ringer and those of us left in Kain have to deal with the leftover hate for our server those guilds instilled in the other servers.
Hence all of the nonsensical “OMGZ KAINENG IS TANKING FOR BRONZE LEAGUE” QQing on the forums, guess they weren’t informed on the severe population drop that hit our server right before leagues lol.

Entryn ele
I main an ele but playeth all the things
[FLOT]

in Match-ups

Manaburn.4569

He’s referring to the bandwagon to and from Kaineng in the past 6 months. We’re finally stabilizing but there for a while just one wrong word and 10+ guilds went bye bye, now understand that the majority of the guilds causing the problems were guilds that had transferred into Kaineng who then proceeded to destroy our community with the neverending egotistical ‘my commanding is better than yours’ fights. Those bad people are gone now though so we can rest easy at night. Kaineng as a server has been through quite the ringer and those of us left in Kain have to deal with the leftover hate for our server those guilds instilled in the other servers.
Hence all of the nonsensical “OMGZ KAINENG IS TANKING FOR BRONZE LEAGUE” QQing on the forums, guess they weren’t informed on the severe population drop that hit our server right before leagues lol.

Ah, alright I didn’t know about the internal struggles over there. Well just to be clear, we aren’t that volatile. If we feel unwanted we may consider moving the core. However any of these decisions aren’t going to take place any time soon. The earliest we would be willing to move is in a little over a month. That’s plenty of time for [Fun], [ANBU], and the other people having issues to work everything out. If things persist longer than that, it wouldn’t be fair to both DH and [Fun] to stay around.

News of our “leaving” has been greatly exaggerated. 3 people have talked about it, and we aren’t considering it as a serious option yet. Don’t listen to people that aren’t even in our guild assuming they know things about internal decisions.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sleepless.1906

Sleepless.1906

I quite like The Fiend (one of [Fun]‘s commanders), but if [Fun] think they’re carrying DH then they are deluding themselves.

in Match-ups

oZeppy.9028

I quite like The Fiend (one of [Fun]‘s commanders), but if [Fun] think they’re carrying DH then they are deluding themselves.

Might have been an exaggeration on my part but we do a lot in the BL without people noticing. Fiend is one of our only EB commanders, which is why you notice him. He’s great, and we’ve been training him, but Fun as a whole helps a lot more than people tend to realize.

Leader of [Fun] – DH

in Match-ups

Sleepless.1906

Might have been an exaggeration on my part but we do a lot in the BL without people noticing. Fiend is one of our only EB commanders, which is why you notice him. He’s great, and we’ve been training him, but Fun as a whole helps a lot more than people tend to realize.

Yeah, I tend to roam BLs quite often and I often see you guys working on things. I’m not saying that you are not helping, but saying that you carry us is going too far.

in Match-ups

Manaburn.4569

saying that you carry us is going too far.

I don’t recall anyone in [Fun] saying we carry our server. Only people attacking this guild have said things like that.

in Match-ups

oZeppy.9028

I don’t recall anyone in [Fun] saying we carry our server. Only people attacking this guild have said things like that.

I did at one point, I didn’t mean carry but rather help a lot. I don’t think DH would be doing as well as it is without us, but I will admit that we’re not quite at the point where we “carry” the server yet. We do our best for the server.

Leader of [Fun] – DH

in Match-ups

Sleepless.1906

I did at one point, I didn’t mean carry but rather help a lot. I don’t think DH would be doing as well as it is without us, but I will admit that we’re not quite at the point where we “carry” the server yet.

Yeah, thats fair, yas do offer substantial groups in BLs fairly often. But WvW is always a server effort – from our prime time EB commanders to our Oceanic night crew, DH is all of us.

Try not to worry about what the TS people think of you, I know plenty of people who don’t use the DH TS at all.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Metaphor time:

Once you plant that seed, its hard to stop it from growing.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in Match-ups

Arius.7031

Well, if they are a great deal of the off-hour coverage, we can say they are carrying the server… For exemple: I’d say [Dx] is carrying HoD, as if wasn’t for them, HoD wouldn’t win against SF as they would never surpass SF prime time and have no one to take advantage of SF off-hours.

In lower population servers, 1 or 2 guilds CAN carry a server if they are placed in the correct timezone…

But once they hit a higher ranked server that have a big coverage, then the “carrying” of those guilds would end.

The night time coverage is almost nothing but pug, fun contributes at that time but they’re definitely not necessary in coverage. From what I’ve seen, they’re mostly prime time. Not downplaying fun’s contribution, just saying our coverage isn’t due to them and we’re not being carried by them.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Match-ups

Sleepless.1906

The night time coverage is almost nothing but pug, fun contributes at that time but they’re definitely not necessary in coverage. From what I’ve seen, they’re mostly prime time. Not downplaying fun’s contribution, just saying our coverage isn’t due to them and we’re not being carried by them.

I wasn’t saying they’re night crew, I was saying ‘from’ and ‘to’, including everything in between. I’m Oceanic myself and agree that [Fun] have little presence in those hours.

My intended message was that DH is held together by many forces.

in Match-ups

Arius.7031

I wasn’t saying they’re night crew, I was saying ‘from’ and ‘to’, including everything in between. I’m Oceanic myself and agree that [Fun] have little presence in those hours.

Just to be clear I was responded to jeknar, if that wasn’t clear my apologies.

To reinforce what you have said though, and to give some info to other servers about us, we’re a pug server lol. We have like 4 semi-large guilds, one of which is really big [BRL], and then a few other large WvW guilds. But, we don’t have super guilds with super coordation. anbu, fun, and brl will often show up in numbers and mess some people up but other than that Dh is 99% pug. That’s probably the only thing holding us back from being a match for HoD, TBH, that hurts our coordination. There are of course some guilds I may be forgetting, these are just what come to mind.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Match-ups

Sleepless.1906

Just to be clear I was responded to jeknar, if that wasn’t clear my apologies.

To reinforce what you have said though, and to give some info to other servers about us, we’re a pug server lol. We have like 4 semi-large guilds, one of which is really big [BRL], and then a few other large WvW guilds. But, we don’t have super guilds with super coordation. anbu, fun, and brl will often show up in numbers and mess some people up but other than that Dh is 99% pug. That’s probably the only thing holding us back from being a match for HoD, TBH, that hurts our coordination. There are of course some guilds I may be forgetting, these are just what come to mind.

oh whoops, I just read your comment and it was about the same thing, so I assumed it was the same convo.

but yeah, DH is a pug server for sure. we have a lot of very regular pugs though

in Match-ups

Posted by: Trouvo.1954

Trouvo.1954

Callinq/Zeppy….please just stay off the forums….making want to slap some sense into you lol.

He is still young, naive and if not obvious working on his social skills, I apologize for his ego on behalf of [Fun] i think all in all there are only 3 of us like that out of 250+… Had a good long talk with him.

Some people just expect a parade, if i could translate his poor social commentary on here i would say what he meant is we would appreciate inter guild communication, personally I dont care what guild you are on we all need to work together for Darkhaven, the server is what really matters and the strong unity is what we are going to need if we are going to stand any chance against HoD when we face them next.

Yes a lot of people on the server are newb’s or pugs whatever you want to call them, but really, everyone is at some point, and even if they are they will learn and they will become better but only if you tell them and teach them how to be better. I know I suck at 1v1’s and pvp in general and probably always will, but I am good at coordinating defensive strategies and following direction by a good commander.

There is really only one commander I wont follow….after this person ran straight for sm to take it…didnt see the zerg on the hill waiting nor even wait for more than 2 people to catch up before rushing in…and everyone followed to their slaughter….If i wasnt so dissapointed im sure i would have been laughing as much as our enemies that week were.

…I got carried away didnt I? Anyways, personally I am enjoying the match, I am glad to see how much better we are doing against FC this time (sorry kain….), OH Kain did scare…no, we tactically retreated from Kain BL to FC because we were outnumbered at least 2/3 – 1….and they kept sneaking up on us being a little less than map aware lol. We deserved it tho after we took their whole BL..or was that FC….whatever lol we took a whole BL somewhere that wasnt ours XP.

tl;dr Calm down Callinq/Zeppy you are being an kitten , I enjoy the server IDC what guild you are in, [Fun] is doing there best to help out and at the very least distract from EB, and kitten your numbers tonight Kain *Bows as a sign of respect

Trouvo [Fun] – Darkhaven
Main – Charr Gaurdian (black/white cultural armor, siberian tiger skin)
80s – Warrior/Guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: Syryn.7591

Syryn.7591

and kitten your numbers tonight Kain *Bows as a sign of respect

Yay someone noticed! We had a lot of fun last night! That was the first time in months we were able to pull that large of a force together consistently, felt awesome. Hopefully our wvw community will continue to grow and we can make our matchups more spicy in the future

Entryn ele
I main an ele but playeth all the things
[FLOT]